Obelia's Beloved Princess [ON...

By HELLF1RECLLUB

TRUTH BE TOLD, Obelia had a Princess before Athanasia was born. Her name is Princess Odette de Alger Obelia... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: A Nightmare's Vision
Chapter 2: The White Puppy
Chapter 3: Knight's Oath
Chapter 4: A Bullet Met With A Sharp Eye (New Version!)
Chapter 5: The Forbidden Deal Between Two Royals
Chapter 6: Odette's Knight and Shining Armor
Chapter 7: An Invisible String Called Fate
Chapter 8: The Boys of Arlanta Academy
Chapter 9: Soulmates, Fate, and Everything in Between
Chapter 11: A Night You'll Never Forget
Chapter 12: The Emperor's Last Words
Chapter 13: Set, Stars. At Dawn, I Will Win
Chapter 14: When the Day Met Night
Chapter 15: Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy
Chapter 16: Once Upon A Dream
Chapter 17: A Night You'll Never Forget
Chapter 18: Dancing With The Devil
Chapter 19: Obelia's Sun and Light To The Empire
Chapter 20: Hold Me Close, Love
Chapter 21: The Wizard Within The Dark Tower
Chapter 22: Prince Claude and His Four Year Expedition
Chapter 23: The Unexpected Return of the Second Prince
Chapter 24: In a Matter of Time and Space
Chapter 25: The Start of the Hunting Festival
Chapter 26: An Adventure with the Strongest Wizard
Chapter 27: A Second Too Late
Chapter 28: A Hero Brought By Fate
Chapter 29: A Pair of Piercing Crimson Eyes
Chapter 30: It's Worth A Try, Isn't It?
Chapter 31: Let Them Eat Cake

Chapter 10: The Return of The Crown Prince

4.8K 222 95
By HELLF1RECLLUB

It was the most fateful day that everyone, throughout the Empire, waited for.

The return of the eldest prince, the soon to be Crown Prince; the future Emperor. The beloved Prince Anastasius de Alger Obelia.

His arrival, of course, was extravagant as ever. The villagers lined up outside of their homes and made way to the Prince's arrival. They waved Obelia's national flag, the sun painted in the middle with purple background.

Usually, most princes would enter with the carriage. He'd usually enter with plenty of escorts, and he'd be placed in the middle. This was for the safety and protection of everyone.

However, Anastasius decided not to do such lousy protocols.

He decided to enter wearing his favorite custom-made suit, and with his mighty horse. There were only a few knights that escorted him; a total of five knights following his lead.

Anastasius was at the very front of it all. He waved at the people, and gave them his charming smile. He could hear the squeals of each and every lady he passed by. Some even threw roses to him.

His slid back golden hair made him the perfect image of crown prince.

Afterwards, he then approached the gates of the Palace. There were plenty of knights lined up; all saluting towards him. Anastasius nodded to each and every one of them.

However, one knight catched his eye.

Slowly enough, he got down from his horse. He walked toward the knight and smiled. In return, the knight knelt and put a hand on his heart.

"Glory and Blessings upon the Future Sun of Obelia, Your Highness."

"Felix Robane, was it?"

"Yes, Your Highness. I am one of the aspiring knights."

Anastasius smirked. "You share the same features as your father— even his charisma, it seems."

Felix gulped. "Of course. He is my role model."

The Prince scanned Felix head to toe. They were around the same age; practically the same height too.

Anastasius then remembered--- this was the man that Odette was close to. The one he saw at the festival.

"Who are you dedicating your Knight's Oath to, Felix?"

Felix didn't even hesitate as he answered.

"To Claude de Alger Obelia, Your Highness."

Claude? "Interesting," he replied. "I'll see you at the Knighting Ceremony, Head Knight."

Felix's eyes widened. Did the Prince just say Head Knight?

"Thank you, Prince Anastasius."

Anastasius then leaned forward to Felix's ears. His eyes instantly darkened.

"Don't even think of laying a hand on my sister, Robane."

He firmly pressed Felix's shoulder; enough for it to leave a mark. 

At that simple action, everyone's eyes were on them. Anastasius left with a smirk on his lips, and he simply walked away from the scene.

----------

After greeting the knights, Anastasius went straight to the most awaited part of his arrival.

He was going to see his family again after four years. The last time they saw him, he was just a 12 year old with only 5'4 as his height. However, he came back to Obelia at 16 years old standing at 5'11 tall.

As he approached the main hall, he could feel the stares of the Emperor and the Empress. Odette and Claude weren't present. However, both parents looked surprised; shocked even once they saw Anastasius.

The Prince oozed confidence; his slid back hair and laid back demeanor made him look like a different person. The young and innocent 12 year old prince was long gone; the Crown Prince of Obelia was now present. 

He then stepped in front of the Emperor, his father. 

"Greetings, father." he formally bowed, a sign of respect. 

Anastasius could see the Emperor look at him with a smile. 

"My son," he greeted. "you've grown well. How are you? Your studies?"

The Emperor sounded weak. Heck, he looked thin. 

Anastasius gulped. Was the Empress still poisoning his drink? Didn't his mother have any amount of empathy left?

"I have excelled in my studies, along with being the Team Captain of the Polo Team, too." he explained, "I assume that mother has told you all of this, aren't I right?"

Anastasius stole a glance at the Empress. His mother looked healthier compared to the Emperor. It even looked like she was having a good time. 

"He has been sending letters to me every month," she replied with a fake smile. It made Anastasius cringe. He hated the woman. 

In return, the Emperor chuckled and placed a hand on Anastasius' shoulder. 

"Join me for a drink, won't you?" he joked. "tell me all about Arlanta Academy!"

Anastasius was about to answer, but the Empress cut him to it.

"He is not fit to drink just yet," she pulled away Anastasius from his father. Then, she pinched his ears. "he is still a young boy in my eyes."

"Mother, please refrain from calling me childish names--"

"Nonsense!" she exclaimed. "Join me and your father for a cup of tea, hm?"

----------

Joining the Emperor and the Empress for a cup of tea literally took Anastasius the whole morning. He arrived around 8 AM, and now it was around 1 PM in the afternoon. 

He sighed. Originally, Roger would meet up with him to discuss a few plans for his coronation ball. But it seems that he'll be late to their meeting.

Currently, Anastasius was seated at the tree in his garden.

His garden, that made everything change forever. The one with the man-made lake. The place wherein he made the mistake; where he accidentally hurt Odette. When the dark magic got the best of him--

"Anastasius?"

He looked up from his seat. He was met with the familiar blonde hair he missed. Odette grew beautifully; her porcelain skin gave her a gorgeous look. Her blonde locks reached to her waist, and she wore a light pink dress. 

She was only 10 when Anastasius left. She's truly grown into a fine young lady. 

"Dearest sister," he stood up as he greeted. "how have you been?"

Odette was quite small compared to him; standing at 5'3. She practically only reached his shoulders. 

Anastasius waited for an answer. He stood a few feet away from Odette. Yet, he could hear the silence. And it was so loud. 

Why wasn't she responding? And why was she only staring? 

"Odette?" he called out with a hint of concern. 

There was a second of silence again. However, within three seconds, Anastasius felt a pair of arms wrapped around his waist. He could feel Odette's warmth radiating to him. 

"Why did you leave without warning, Anastasius?"

Anastasius gulped. How was he suppose to explain? 

"Odette--"

"I wake up three days later, and I find out my brother left me." Anastasius could see tears forming from Odette's eyes. "You don't even write me back!"

Odette was silent. Anastasius could hear her sobbing quietly. 

"I...." he started. "Odette, I'm sorry."

"Do you hate me?" she asked out of a sudden. "Did I do something before you left for Arlanta?"

"No, you didn't. It wasn't your fault."

Was this it? Was Anastasius going to confront Odette about his mistake?

"Why did you shut me out?" she asked. "Roger told me you were always busy, but I always hear Penelope Judith talking about you."

Ah, shit. Of course Penelope Judith would spill gossip about him. He didn't even like Penelope. 

"That's bullshit, I don't even like her."

"That's not the point!" she took a deep breath. Then, Odette released her sobs again. 

Anastasius just soothed her. "It's in the past, just forget about it."

Odette was just silent for a solid minute or two.

"I'm..." she started. "I'm sorry. It's been four years, and I greet you like this."

"It's fine."

"I just missed you."

He pulled Odette in a hug again. "Me, too."

----------

"You've changed a lot, Anastasius." Odette commented.

Both siblings were now talking for half an hour. They sat down on Anastasius' favorite spot. Meanwhile, Anastasius laughed it off.

"You only noticed now?" he teased. 

"You were just so upright and... well, strict with yourself before."

"Is that a bad thing?"

Odette shook her head. "I-it's not! I was just... surprised. You're totally a different person now."

"Arlanta Academy loosened me up, y'know? It made me realize that being a boring prince is not my thing."

Odette looked at him sincerely. As if she was trying to figure him out.

"Is that really the reason?"

There were moments like this when Anastasius realized that Odette was way more smarter. She always had this instinct whenever someone was lying. She always knew something was wrong. And Anastasius wasn't sure how he was going to escape this situation.

"Yeah, what else?" No, it's not the reason, he wanted to say. 

"It's just that...." Odette trailed off. 

"I changed for myself." I changed for you-- for your sake, your protection, Odette. 

"You didn't change because of someone?"

Shit, did Odette figure him out? Did she figure out that she was the reason?

Anastasius was worried now. He took a deep breath and gave Odette a reassuring smile. 

He might as well just ride with the bullshit that Penelope said, right? That him and her were in love with each other. 

"Okay, you got me." he placed a hand up in surrender. "I wanted to impress Penelope."

Anastasius saw Odette bite his lip. 

"I knew it," she said. "she always talks about how you were head over heels for her."

"She did?

Oh, Anastasius was pissed. Penelope made him sound like a lovesick puppy.

"Every tea party I held, she'd always update me about you. And your relationship."

"That's...." Anastasius pinched the bridge of his nose. "that's nice to hear."

Odette smiled. "Isn't it?"

Anastasius leaned back on the tree. 

He tiredly sighed. He wasn't even making a proper appearance in high society, but he's already got everyone looking at him because of Penelope's rumors. 

"I think I need some time alone, Odette." he suddenly declared. Penelope was really stressing him out. "Is it okay to leave me for awhile?"

Odette, meanwhile, just nodded. "Of course! I also need to meet Roger."

Ah, fuck. Roger was also another problem Anastasius needed to take care about. He was a bit too excited to marry Odette. And it was annoying.

"Take care, Odette." he replied. "I'll meet you later."

----------

Roger Alpheus was in the place where him and Odette first met--- in the garden.

It has been four years, four years, ever since he met her. She was quite small back then; both of them were. They were only kids. But now? Roger was 16, and Odette was almost 14. 

Soon enough, they'll get married. 

He was currently seated in a bench, where he was holding Odette's white puppy. He wasn't quite sure what Odette named the dog. But now, it's bigger than ever. The dog was also cute, and loving too.

A few moments after, he saw Odette approaching him. She was wearing a nice pink dress. 

Roger stood up from his seat. "Odette!" he called out.

Then, Odette's eyes met his. She smiled. "Roger!"

Before Roger could approach her, the dog leaped out from his arms. The dog ran towards Odette quickly.

Odette opened her arms and hugged the dog. Roger simply met her halfway. 

"I missed you, Odette."

Odette cuddled the dog and stepped forward to Roger.

"I missed you, too." she confessed. "how long have you been waiting?"

"The dog kept me company, no worries."

Roger then heard Odette laughed. A genuine one. And she looked like an angel.

"My dog has a name, you know?"

He raised an eyebrow. "What's its name?"

"He," Odette clarified. "He's a boy."

"Right." Roger chuckled. "So, what's his name?"

"Ijekiel."

"What?"

Odette kissed the dog's forehead. 

"His name means strength," she explained. "and I love him very much."

"So... you named him Ijekiel?"

"Yeah." 

Roger smiled. He found it quite cute.

"Really, Ijekiel?"

"Yep," she looked at the dog lovingly. "Ijekiel, my sweet little boy."

TO BE CONTINUED...

NEXT CHAPTER TITLE: "A Night You'll Never Forget"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

182K 5.2K 40
Asteria de Alger Obelia is the older sister of Athanasia de Alger Obelia, and the first born child and daughter of Claude de Alger Obelia. Asteria i...
181K 8.2K 73
Athanasia is an heiress to the company "Obelia". She is blessed with beauty, great leadership, and also intelligence. But she felt something was miss...
50K 1.6K 18
- WMMAP | Lucas X OC - Different goals. Different memories. But same hearts. - Disclaimer: I don't own who made me a princess. -
4.1K 182 9
athanasia who has been in a loop of her life, dying and being reborn again and again because of her family, with finally catching a small break by be...