Vibrations // l.s.

By blondfille

Harry is a deaf English/ASL teacher at the California School for the Deaf. Louis is an international pop star... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14*
15
16
17*
18
19*
20
21
23
24
25
26*
27
28
29
30
31*

22

1.2K 54 8
By blondfille

Louis

I couldn't be more nervous right now. My hands fell like they are numb and my whole body is sweating. I didn't even know my ass could sweat?

Harry and I are currently driving to his mother's home so I can officially meet them. I have never felt this gut twisting nervousness in my entire life. Not even when I am about to perform! 

My eyes haven't left the passenger side window the entire drive. I've been trying to calm myself by counting different things that I see. How many cars are red? How many out of state license plates? How many of those obnoxious stick figure family stickers on the rear windshield? I noticed we were slowing down and turning into a nice and neatly polished neighborhood. I watched the small family homes pass by and saw some kids playing in their front yards.

Harry pulled onto the driveway of a small brick home with a cute painted red door. The lawn was kept and I saw some flowers blooming in a pot the was sat next to the front door. I turned my head to look at Harry and saw him surveying the home also. I could tell that his nerves had calmed since we left his house this morning but they were still simmering beneath the surface.

I placed my cold hand on his arm and watched as he turned his pensive gaze towards me. I was almost lost in his green eyes but quickly snapped myself out of it.

"Are you okay?" I asked hesitantly. He turned his head to look back at the small house in front of us before signing.

"This isn't the house I grew up in. She sold the other one and moved across town so I wouldn't be afraid to visit her." I could sense the tension in the car and tried my best to comfort him by laying my palm on his thigh gently. I squeezed it for good measure and made him look at me again.

"Are you still wanting to do this? We can wait a little longer?" He quickly shook his head and practically jumped out of his car. I followed him and we met one another at the front steps leading to the door. He glanced at me and took my hand in his, giving it a reassuring squeeze. I smiled at him and nodded, trying to convince him and myself that this was going to be great.

We both walked up the three short steps and he brought his fist up, basically pounding on the door. I giggled at his loud knocking but was interrupted from saying anything by the door swinging open rapidly.

A mess of brown hair came barreling toward Harry, causing me to release the grip I had on his hand. I heard Harry's angelic laugh and tried to get a good look at whoever almost tackled my boyfriend to the ground. I didn't have to figure out who this was on my own because the person was pulling back from Harry and signing at a ridiculously fast pace.

"How long has it been since you've visited your sister?! Two, three months?" I smiled and waited for her to notice that someone else was in her presence. It didn't take long because Harry cut his eyes over to me and smiled, his sister following his gaze.

"Hi! I'm Harry's sister Gemma!" She spoke to me and I looked between the two siblings, wondering why she didn't sign as she was speaking.

"I can read her lips really well so sometimes she doesn't sign if her sentences are short." Harry answered my questioning gaze and I nodded.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Louis." I signed and spoke. Gemma smiled and gestured for us to come inside. 

Harry took my hand again and lead me inside the charming home. I could tell that his mother had a sense for interior design because her house was decorated to perfection. I hadn't seen a spec of dust on the furniture or random shoes laying about like they are at my house. I turned my head when I heard another voice coming from our left.

"Harry! I've missed you so much!" A woman, who I would assume was Harry's mother, came from the kitchen and wrapped her arms around Harry's neck. I stepped back from their embrace so they could have their moment. I know that this is a big deal for the family, given what had happened in the past. Harry stepped back from their hug and turned so he could sign to everyone.

"This is my boyfriend Louis, Louis this is my mother Anne." I walked closer to the mother of my boyfriend and held my hand out for her to shake. She quickly hit my hand away and brought me into a hug just as tight as the one she gave her son. I stiffened slightly but eventually wrapped an arm around her, returning her embrace.

"It's so nice to meet you Louis." She did the same as Gemma did earlier, speaking without signing. I was not used to this at all but Harry seemed to be used to it so I'm guessing the family has done this for a long time.

"I've made lunch for everyone and once we are all settled, I'd love to get to know you better Louis." Anne gave me a warm smile which I returned. She showed us to the kitchen, fixing everyone a plate and telling us to move everything to the dining room. I sat myself next to Harry, Anne sitting straight across from me and Gemma across from Harry.

"So, what do you do for a living Louis?" Anne asked me once everyone had started eating. I looked at her and was about to answer when Harry scoffed beside me playfully.

"You know what he does for a living mom." Gemma giggled and Harry shook his head.

"I know, but I want to treat Louis the same as anyone else you would bring home sweetie." Anne responded, signing as well. I paused, feeling grateful that she was treating me as a normal person instead of a famous pop star. 

"I'm a musician." Gemma was the one to interrupt this time with a sarcastic laugh.

"I would say that is an extreme understatement to what your job is Louis!" We all laughed and I brushed off her statement with a wave of my hand.

"I know you have a little brother as well? Harry has mentioned him a few times." Anne ignored Gemma's previous statement.

"His name is Oliver. He's 15 years old." Anne let out a breath.

"Wow. A teenager! I hope you don't have your hands too full!" I laughed and shook my head.

"He's actually a really good kid, I can't complain too much." Harry nodded along to my signing.

"Louis has taught Oli a lot about manners and respect throughout his life. He's done a really good job with him." I smiled at Harry and discreetly squeezed his thigh under the table as a thank you.

"Is it difficult for him to be in school while you travel? Assuming you have to travel a lot?" Anne as curiously.

"I luckily haven't had to travel lately because I'm writing a new album but yes it is challenging. I've had him homeschooled throughout his whole education but he recently has showed interest in switching to in-school learning." I glanced over at Harry. "I am actually enrolling him in Harry's school because he has made some friends there and wants to finish high school there as well."

"Oh that's cool! Are you going to be his teacher?" Gemma asked Harry.

"One of them! I'm actually excited to have him in my class because he is a really smart kid!" I practically beamed at Harry and wanted to kiss him so bad but I didn't want to disrespect his mother.

"Tell me what it's like to travel the world! I've always wanted to go to Italy!" Gemma asked me excitedly and the whole table talked for a few hours.

My nervousness that I felt on the car ride here has completely washed away now. Harry was right when he said that his mother and sister are the sweetest women you will ever meet. Neither of the women have cast a hateful or judgmental gaze at me and they both treat me like a normal person. I caught myself staring at Harry a few times throughout our conversations and couldn't help but to think how lucky I am to have such an amazing boyfriend.

---

After lunch, I offered to help Anne clean all of the dishes. She informed me that it was fine and she didn't need any help but I insisted. She also told Harry to go sit with Gemma in the living room so she could talk with me more. This brought my nervousness back a bit and I knew Harry could tell because he gave me a calming smile and a peck on the cheek.

"I really like you Louis." I glanced at Anne as I washed the dishes in the sink. She took the clean dish from my hand and dried it carefully.

"That's always good to hear." I playfully answered.

"I'm glad that you and Harry found each other. I can tell that you really care for one another." I nodded along and couldn't help the grin that broke on my face.

"I'm the lucky one. I know that's cliche to say but, it's true." I kept washing and placing the plates in neat stacks next to the sink. 

"I'm also very impressed and proud of how you raised your brother." I paused my actions and looked over to Anne. I looked over her features and couldn't think of a reply.

"Harry has briefly mentioned that your parents aren't around and I'm not expecting you to explain your life story to me, it's not for me to hear. Just know that it takes someone with maturity, courage, and bravery to do what you have done for yourself and for your brother." I was in shock at her words and couldn't hide the expression on my face.

"I'm not brave, I just did what anyone would do in our situation." I shrugged off her praise and finished the rest of the dishes, drying my hands on a small towel.

"See, that's where you're wrong. You are brave, Louis. You have stuck by your brother and I'm sure you met challenging times on the way but you have been successful in making his life great. Not everyone would do that. You took care of your sibling and made something of yourself along the way." I felt myself tear up a bit but didn't want to cry in front of Harry's mother the first time I met her. She looked up at me when I didn't respond but I couldn't speak without my voice wavering so I signed 'thank you'. She shrugged her shoulders casually.

"I give credit where credit is due."  

______

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

440K 15.6K 93
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
303K 6.7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
9.4M 307K 52
"you're all mine; the hair, the lips, the body, it's all mine." highest previous rankings: - #1 in jimin - #1 in pjm - #1 in btsfanfic cover by: @T...
178K 4.6K 20
Your daughter runs off while you were in the middle of grocery shopping because she spotted Max, her favourite driver. Meeting you, Max wants to know...