𝕋𝕙𝕖 π”Ύπ• π•π••π•–π•Ÿ π”Έπ•˜π•–...

By KatElLewis

π‘Œπ‘œπ‘’ π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘’ 𝑗𝑒𝑠𝑑 π‘‘π‘œπ‘œ 𝑐𝑒𝑑𝑒 π‘€β„Žπ‘’π‘› π‘¦π‘œπ‘’ π‘Žπ‘π‘œπ‘™π‘œπ‘”π‘–π‘§π‘’... π‘Šπ‘Žπ‘–π‘‘ π‘¦π‘œπ‘’ π‘—π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘˜ π‘‘β„Žπ‘Žπ‘‘... More

꧁PΚŸα΄€ΚΚŸΙͺsᴛ꧂
꧁EᴘΙͺɒʀᴀᴍ꧂
꧁Aᴇsα΄›Κœα΄‡α΄›Ιͺᴄ꧂
꧁CΚœα΄€Κ€α΄€α΄„α΄›α΄‡Κ€ / Cα΄€sα΄› LΙͺsα΄› Pα΄€Κ€α΄› 1꧂
꧁CΚœα΄€Κ€α΄€α΄„α΄›α΄‡Κ€ / Cα΄€sα΄› LΙͺsα΄› Pα΄€Κ€α΄› 2꧂
꧁PΚ€α΄ΚŸα΄Ι’α΄œα΄‡κ§‚
꧁CΚœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 1 - Tα΄‡ΚŸα΄α΄€Κ€κ§‚
꧁CΚœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 2 - Tα΄‡ΚŸα΄α΄€Κ€κ§‚
꧁CΚœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 3 - Nα΄€Κ€Ι΄Ιͺᴀ꧂
꧁CΚœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 4 - Nα΄€Κ€Ι΄Ιͺᴀ꧂
꧁CΚœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 5 - RᴜΙͺ꧂
꧁CΚœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 6 - Nα΄€Κ€Ι΄Ιͺᴀ꧂
꧁CΚœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 7 - Nα΄€Κ€Ι΄Ιͺᴀ꧂
꧁CΚœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 9 - Nα΄€Κ€Ι΄Ιͺᴀ꧂
꧁CΚœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 10 - Nα΄€Κ€Ι΄Ιͺᴀ꧂
꧁CΚœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 11 - AΚŸα΄‘α΄€α΄›α΄€Ι΄κ§‚
꧁CΚœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 12 - Nα΄€Κ€Ι΄Ιͺᴀ꧂
꧁CΚœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 13 - Nα΄€Κ€Ι΄Ιͺᴀ꧂
꧁CΚœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 14 - Aᴋᴏ́ᴍΙͺ꧂
꧁CΚœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 15 - Nα΄€Κ€Ι΄Ιͺᴀ꧂
꧁ CΚœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 16 - Nα΄€Κ€Ι΄Ιͺα΄€ ꧂
꧁ CΚœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 17 - Nα΄€Κ€Ι΄Ιͺα΄€ ꧂
꧁ CΚœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 18 - Nα΄€Κ€Ι΄Ιͺα΄€ ꧂
꧁CΚœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 19 - Nα΄€Κ€Ι΄Ιͺᴀ꧂
꧁CΚœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 20 - Aᴋᴏ́ᴍΙͺ꧂
꧁CΚœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 21 - Nα΄€Κ€Ι΄Ιͺᴀ꧂
꧁CΚœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 22 - Nα΄€Κ€Ι΄Ιͺᴀ꧂
꧁Iα΄α΄˜α΄Κ€α΄›α΄€Ι΄α΄› A/N꧂
π΅π‘œπ‘œπ‘˜ 3 𝑖𝑠 π‘‚π‘ˆπ‘‡!

꧁CΚœα΄€α΄˜α΄›α΄‡Κ€ 8 - Nα΄€Κ€Ι΄Ιͺᴀ꧂

2.8K 73 56
By KatElLewis

Katherine was rolling the balls of her feet impatiently as she waited by the docks. For once it wasn't her leaving but someone visiting. At this close stage of Peter's birthday, royals from all over had been invited which was very different to how he had normally spent his birthdays with the Narnian nobility only. Katherine looked up to the man himself who was standing next to her with a regal expression. Edmund and Lucy were either side of them, Susan the only one missing.

For indeed Susan had travelled to Archenland on a royal visit as she doted on their young Prince Corin and indeed played a motherly role in his life. Susan would be joining them later closer to Peter's birthday and would be bringing Corin with him. So this then brings us to why three of Narnian's royalty and the General of Narnia were waiting by the harbour.

Then just coming into view at the distant horizon a ship's outline began to crawl towards them. Katherine who had been escorted from the carriage that had brought them there by Peter, was still holding on to his arm and squeezed Peter's bicep in excitement. Peter looked down at her and smiled softly as she tried to keep her expression neutral.

As the ship neared, an orange flag came into sight, fluttering wildly in the breeze of the sea. The ship seemed to be moving faster now that it was close and it charged forth majestically as the sea-spray framed its hull. It gave Katherine a bit of a longing sense, to travel again like she used to, but the familiar warmth and feel of Peter's arm grounded her and she found no matter how much she had enjoyed the travel, being next to Peter just felt right.

As the ship began to dock Peter could feel the woman next to him bouncing lightly on the balls of her feet, he smirked and internally shook his head at her. She was acting like a newborn cub and he didn't miss the gleam in her eyes as he gently removed his arm from her hold. She looked up to him in confusion but then as he squeezed her hand in reassurance her eyes widened into understanding and then gratitude and she picked up the skirts of her pastel green dress and ran towards the gangplank.

He watched as a woman rushed down the plank to meet her and could not help smiling broadly at the two and their reunion. Motioning to his siblings he walked with them to meet their guests.

Katherine had flung herself into Dana's arms when she had seen her and the two nearly wept at joy for being reunited again. Dana subtly wiped underneath her eyes as she pulled away from her friend.

"Oh Katherine, when I heard that you were resigning as Ambassador it was perfectly dreadful" she told her friend, "I was beginning to think I might never see you again"

Katherine laughed at her friend's dramatics, "What a joke I would be as a friend if I didn't visit, besides that was all nonsense you were thinking, of course I would see you again!"

Katherine turned to see the Pevensies nearing and she pulled away from Dana and fluffed out her skirt and turned so she could look at both parties.

"May I present High King Peter, King Edmund and Queen Lucy of Narnia to Princess Dana of Telmar and Your Majesties may I introduce you to her Royal Highness Princess Dana" she iterated to both groups.

Peter bowed and took Dana's hand in his as he looked up to her.

"It is an honour to finally meet you Your Highness" Peter told her and Dana responded with a curtsy.

"Your Majesty, the honour is mine"

Then Katherine looked up the gangplank to see Malik and Ervin looking slightly cross at the top. Dana turned as she heard the two walking down and she gave them a meek smile as the neared.

"My beloved sister, I do believe we discussed to all come down in one procession" Ervin spoke sternly and Dana looked between the two with a faux guilty expression.

"Forgive me my dear brothers it simply left my mind as soon as I saw my dear friend, I assure you it will not happen again" Dana gave wicked smile to the both of them as Katherine continued the introductions.

"May I please present to Their Majesties King Malik and Prince Ervin of Telmar, Your Majesty and Your Royal Highness may I introduce to you my Majesties High King Peter, King Edmund and Queen Lucy of Narnia"

Malik and Peter shook hands as Ervin and Edmund copied them and thereafter Malik and Ervin both greeted Susan in a similar way that Peter had to Dana prior. Once the greetings were over Peter stepped back and cleared his throat.

"We have readied two carriages to take you to the castle, one for your belongings and one for yourselves" Lucy and Edmund then escorted Dana and Ervin to the carriage they would be riding in before getting into their own and leaving for the castle to ensure that the preparations for the visiting royals were complete.

Malik stayed near the ship to oversee the bags which bags had to be taken to the castle immediately and which of them would stay in the ship and be sent for, if needed, later. Katherine and Peter waited patiently by him as this process happened. Soon enough they were finally finished and as Peter and Katherine were about to walk to the carriage they had arrived in Malik called out to her.

"If I may be so bold as to ask if the lady would like to accompany us in our carriage to the castle?" he looked at her as he spoke and Katherine's eyes softened as she looked between him and the carriage that Dana and Ervin were waiting in patiently a little way away.

"Unfortunately" Peter said as he drew closer to the two, "The lady is accompanying me in my carriage as we have some pressing manners to discuss"

"But surely" Malik interjected still looking into Katherine's eyes before turning to Peter, "This is something you and the lady can discuss at the castle or some other time?"

As Peter was about to speak she stepped between the two and looked at Peter sternly.

"He is right" she began before turning to Malik.

"I'm sorry but these are very pressing matters that we would like to go over now so that when we arrive at the castle we can join you all for dinner" she looked at him softly before turning away slightly as she watched his shoulders sag slightly.

He gave her a small but firm nod and walked to the carriage, the two of them watched as their carriage set off and the luggage followed. Then Katherine held out as she walked to their carriage and she waited until Peter was seated opposite her and the door had been shut before she spoke up.

"So what pressing manners are there to discuss?" she asked him teasingly as she looked up. She felt a pair of lips crash onto hers and her eyes widened at the unexpected kiss before fluttering shut as she returned it. When she finally broke off for air she felt Peter lean his forehead against hers as he sighed.

"I'm sorry Katie, I just-, it's just-, the way he was looking at you was just-" he puffed out air, frustrated, as he slumped back in his chair, looking down at his fisted hands and released his grip as Katherine placed a hand gently over them. He looked up to meet her gaze and she smiled softly.

"It's okay Peter" she told him quietly, "But Malik doesn't feel that way about me, you really have nothing to worry about, besides I only love you, okay?"

Peter jolted and Katherine looked at him alarmed.

"Say it again" he asked quietly and at first Katherine couldn't tell what he was referring to. Her brows drew together in confusion and then her face smoothed over as her mouth formed silent 'Oh'. It had just slipped out, not that she did not feel that way, she just had not expected it to come out so soon. Blushing furiously she pulled her hand away and folded it with her other one into her lap.

She looked out the window for a bit as she bit her lip before turning back to face him.

"I said I love you silly" she told him as her face heated slightly more and she avoided his gaze again. Looking down at her lap fiddling with her fingers she couldn't help feeling insecure. So many thoughts running through her mind. Had she moved too fast? Maybe it had been the wrong moment? Did he not feel the same?

Peter, as always, seemed to know how she was feeling without the need for her to word it for he grabbed her chin gently between his forefinger and thumb and tilted her head so she would meet his gaze. He gave what looked halfway between a smile and a smirk as he pecked her lips quickly before looking at her again.

"I love you too dummy" he told her and before she could protest his nickname he gave her a peck once more before leaning in to kiss her again. They were interrupted by the stopping of the carriage and pulled away just in time as the dwarf who had been driving the carriage opened the door for the two.

"Thank you Thruddle" she told the dwarf as got out after Peter, taking his extended hand lightly as she exited the compartment. The dwarf bowed and turned to get back upon the carriage before taking it around the to the back of the castle where the stables were.

She then turned to face Peter and linked her arm through his extended one and placed her hands comfortably by his bicep once more. As he escorted her inside the palace she relished the warmth of his skin under her, even through his crisp white shirt. She sighed as she held onto him and he looked down to her, patting her hair with his other hand before smiling and walking through to the dining room.

The table had been set for eight and the others were already seated. Two space had been left open. Peter's usual seat at the first head of the table was open, to the left of him in Katherine's usual seat sat Edmund, then Ervin, the Dana. Malik sat at the opposite head of the table. To the right of Peter sat Lucy, then Peridan.

"Lord Peridan!" Katherine exclaimed in excitement, "I was not aware that you were joining us today! How lovely of you to join the festivities early"

Peridan stood up from his placement and bowed to her and Peter before giving her a warm smile. "Yes I thought you might need help at the palace for preparations and thought I could lend a hand"

"Indeed" Peter interjected, "That was well thought out, I find we will be very grateful for your help over the next few days"

Then Peter escorted her to the only seat left available, as he pulled her chair out she noticed that under the neutral expression he wore some of his features had soured and she understood why at least. The last seat available happened to be between Peridan and Malik. She knew Peter didn't like feeling jealous and at heart it was more a protective instinct that he had.

As she thanked him she turned her face up to him, softening her eyes as if to say it was okay, but for the rest of dinner their eye contact and conversation was minimal. In fact Katherine felt as if between the three men no more then ten words were spoken. Instead she had fleeting conversations with Dana, Ervin, Edmund and Lucy as the three men seemed to internally brood.

Finally she stood up abruptly and dabbed the sides of her mouth with a napkin, feeling everyone's gaze on her she cleared her throat slightly, "Forgive me but I'm feeling slightly faint and I feel the need to acquire some fresh air"

As she saw the three men grab the sides of their chairs in an attempt to follow she hastily added, "Edmund would be so kind as to escort me to one of the balconies?"

Edmund stood up quickly and made his way over to her side of the table before graciously extending a hand, "Of course my Lady"

And with that the two exited the room onto one of the extensive balconies with little alcoves that were easy to hide in. Katherine distinctly remembered being on this balcony with Edmund long ago when she had first decided to leave Narnia.

"What's up Kat?" Edmund asked and she whirled around to see him leaning on one of the stone pillars, forehead creased from concern. She sighed as she walked to him and slowly rested her forehead on his chest. He brushed the back of her head slowly as she spoke.

"It's hard being in love" she told him and Edmund was so stunned that for a moment he stopped his movements with his hands before continuing to smooth down the girls hair.

"What makes you say that?" He asked her softly.

"I just-" she began whilst mumbling into the folds of his shirt, "I just don't want to hurt anybody and I just don't want to hurt him but I'm just so afraid, I'm so afraid of what people are going to think or say about me or him or us"

Edmund pulled the girl closer into his chest and rested his chin on the top of her head. He held her against him for a little while before pulling back. Holding both of her shoulders he looked at her firmly as he said.

"No matter what you do we will always be here for you, before we held any royal titles at the time of the Battle of Beruna, before any of these luxuries came our way, you were our friend"

Katherine's eyes widened in surprise in his words, and like a shock to the system they hit her deeply as she mulled over the words, sometimes she forgot that part. Edmund continued as he smiled at her.

"We will always be by your side, okay?" She sniffled a little at his words but looked up to him with a smile.

"Okay!" he gently wiped away a tear she hadn't realized was their and patted her cheek with fondness before telling her.

"I think we should head to bed, yeah?"

She nodded to him and she began to head in and Edmund followed after her smiling warmly. His heart felt full at the fact that his friend still trusted him, the she could confide in him. For so many years Katherine had been a figure to look up to, an older role model. Even in the years of his youth he would have gone as far to say that he had at some stage a crush on her.

However years had brought a maturity and wisdom to Edmund that he prized and he could tell now the bond Katherine and he had shared had always been something more. Katherine was more a loving sister and best friend than anyone else. Someone he could place all his trust in and made his heart feel full. Over the years he had worried that she did not feel the same but tonight proved the truth.

That the two could depend on each other, count on each other when they needed to. He was so happy he had a friend like Katherine.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

510K 16.6K 31
❝ there was a difference between living and existing, and for the first time, phoebe felt like she was living. and wasn't that a marvellous thing?❞ [...
296K 9.4K 32
❝she'd gone from being irrelevant to being unavoidable, and what wouldn't peter give just to see her one more time❞ [book 2] ✳︎✳︎✳︎ good people alway...
40.3K 1.4K 26
Slowly, she folded the letter from her sister. Her mind overflowed with thoughts and her blood burdened with envy. She was conflicted with mixed emot...
124K 4.6K 21
𝐓𝐇𝐄 π…πˆπ‘π„π’πŽππ† π’π„π‘πˆπ„π’ - 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 π“π–πŽ ❝ "You have always been my King, Peter. Always." ❞ ~ in which nimueh is dragged back to the pl...