I see a dreamer

By Epsilon6666

Jaune arc, was a mess He had told Pyyhra about his transcripts, and she had left in disgust. Jaune wasent su... More

Anxiety
Through the night
Civilization long gone
Man of black
Into the Depths
How the other half lives
Standfast
The abyss stares back
Escape from darkness

The Tutorial

4.1K 63 17
By Epsilon6666

(Might be a boring chapter, but it's a necessary one, the next will be more exciting.)

Jaune woke up in a large grassy field, with the sun high in the sky.

Where are we?

We're not in remnant anymore

Jaunes eyes drifted along the blocky looking field, with everything down to the grass seemingly made of blocks

How?

This can't be natural

Jaune heard a mooing sound from behind him, he turned to see a very blocky cow looking curiously up at him. Jaune took a look at the animal, and another look around the field he had woken up in.

Jaune: what the fuck

There was no sign of the portal he had entered into, no sign of the Grimm that had rushed him, or any Grimm for that matter. Jaune attempted to take out his scroll, only to find it wasn't even on him. Defeated, Jaune sat down in the grass

Jaune: great, now what?

We need food, water

And shelter, I suggest we look around

Jaune turned around and prepared to head into the forest, only to find a peculiar chest waiting for him right next to where he had woken up

A chest? Should we open it?

Is there a better option?

Jaune opened the chest, which was more like a box then anything. Inside was a few logs, somehow sitting in the chest. Jaune grabbed them, and was teleported into a strange menu like screen, one you would see in a video game.

In the top left was himself, with 4 empty slots directly to the left of himself. There was also about 20 empty slots below him, with the log being in the bottom row. Jaune touched the log, and it moved to whichever slot his hand was hovering over, expect the four to the left of his body.

What is it?

Perhaps a sort of storing mechanism? Like an inventory?

Jaune brushed this aside, looking into the chest to see what else is in it. There were multiple other logs, about 5 more, which all seemed to go into his magical storage device that he always had on him.

There was also one other thing in the chest, a peculiar book.

A book? Should we open it?

We've got nothing better to do

A guide to Minecraft

By ]%]*{^}%]^[+[^]%{^{

Hello and welcome to the great and expansive world that is Minecraft. Now I know you must be confused, being thrusted into this strange world can we overwhelming at times. But do not fret! I am here to aid you!

Jaune studied the book for a few moments

It's a guide?

It must teach us how to survive, we should read it

Here in this strange world, I'm sure by now you can tell that everything is made of blocks. Now it may seem strange, but they do serve a purpose. All blocks are breakable with the appropriate tools. Try breaking a log using your fists.

Jaune went up to the nearest tree and punched it, as the book had said to do. What Jaune expected was for nothing to happen, instead the block gained a large crack in the center.

How?

Keep punching

Jaune continued to punch the tree, causing more and more cracks, until the log just broke, going into his inventory.

So the book wasn't lying

Surprising

Jaune opened the book once again, reading on from where he was

With your newly acquired logs, you can craft a crafting table, which will allow you to craft basic tools. To craft this, use the small box in the top left
The crafting table will display the materials needed for any tools or blocks you may desire. The recipe for the crafting table is just 4 oak planks, which can be crafted using oak logs.

Jaune opened his inventory, looking at the small box in the top left. He place a few oak logs, and in the box off to the side, a oak plank appeared. Jaune grabbed the oak planks, replacing his logs for them.

Jaune looked absolutely amazed by this

Jaune: how the hell...

Following the books instructions, he filled in the small crafting box with 4 oak planks, getting himself a crafting table.

Once you have created your crafting table, put it in your hotbar, or the bottom slot of your inventory, and hold it out. Now place it on the ground as you would with anything, and it will appear.

Jaune took the crafting table from his inventory into his hotbar, as the book called it. He held it out and placed it on the ground, it sprouted into a medium sized boxy table. with a 3 by 3 crafting area similar to the one in his inventory.

For the next step of my little tutorial, you will need to craft sticks. These are the basis of all tools, you will need them even when crafting higher tear tools such as diamond and iron tools. Place two oak planks on top of each other in the crafting grid of the crafting table.

Jaune placed the planks on top of eachother, taking up two slots on the grid. This created 4 sticks, which went into his inventory

Next, the crafting table with be Able to show you how to create basic wooden tools. Craft a pickaxe

Jaune looked confused at the book, then back at the crafting table

If the crafting table could have showed us how to craft, why did we need the book?

Whatever, let's just do what it says

Jaune looks to the crafting table, and sure enough there was another screen similar to his inventory. This one showed multiple different crafting recipes, wooden slabs, oak doors, but the one that stood out to Jaune was the wooden pickaxe.

That's the one the book said to craft

Well then, craft it

Following the recipe, Jaune placed 2 sticks and 3 oak planks, creating a wooden pickaxe for himself.

The final part of my tutorial will be to upgrade your tools. If you mine down 3-4 blocks you will find stone, which can be used to create stone tools. They tools will allow you to mine iron, as well as being a general upgrade to your tools stats. Stone can also be used to make furnaces, which when fueled by wood can cook food.

Jaune took his wooden pickaxe and mined straight down until he hit stone, taking his tool he swung at the rock creating a crack in it. He continued this routine until his wooden pickaxe broke in his hand

So, weapons can break

Just like in the real world

But better weapons must take longer to break

Most likely

Jaune pillared out of the hole he had made using some dirt

This is gonna take forever to get used to

Agreed

Jaune then used his remaining sticks to make a stone sword, pickaxe, and ax. He took the tutorial book out, reading the last page of the first chapter

That's it for the basics! There are other chapters are more advanced stuff, but you should explore the vast world first!

Jaune closed the book, putting it in his inventory along with his remaining sticks, wood and crafting table

It's time to get exploring!

Let's go

Jaune walked off into the vast world, as the sun began to set.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.3K 203 7
After the supposed death of Beacons weakest student, Jaune Arc is sent to a new infinitely ginormous universe, encountering the god who ran the plac...
1.8K 28 9
The great world-renowned fighter, Pyrrha Nikos, begins her studies at Beacon Academy in order to continue her journey of becoming a huntress. At the...
7.9K 85 9
The life of a huntsman can get a little icky at times, and Jaune Arc, despite his lovable blondeness, is no exception to that rule. And the only way...
98.2K 1K 20
Y/N Rose have been bullied by everyone in beacon even her sisters bullied her.She has been abuse by her family that treat her like a punching bag. Ja...