The New Fire Expert ( Jelsa...

By melantha123

It’s fire station 313. Jack Overland is well known young firefighting chief in Burgess. He is daring and cari... More

Characters
Prologue
1 The Road Called Life
2 Ending or a Beginning
3 The Meaning of Fire
Merry Jelsa Christmas!
4 Fire that Burns You
5 Lift the Cat on Table
6 She's in Town
7 Friendly Ghost
8 A Suggestion
9 Messing Around
10 Odd Events
11 Ghostbusting and Adoptions
12 Modern Fairy Tale
13 Burning Liquid
14 Girl Trouble
15 Passing Away
16 The Awakening of Sleeping Heroes
17 Beating Heart
18 Feeling Hurt
19 Modern Snow White
21 The Connection
22 The End?
23 Secrets to Know
24 Winter 4
25 Movies are Heart Crushing
A/N All about private
M.I.M MEL
26 Hooked
27 Remember?
28 Obsessed Minds
29 Choices of Life
30 Dream of Something Better
31 Monday the Sick-minded Day
32 Hate is Poisonate
33 The Denial
34 Voice Inside the Brightness
35 Do Memories Hurt?
36 One 'A' Going Down
37 The Ones We Love
38 Damaged Sisters
39 The Plan of Y
40 Friendships Last
41 Glowing Flames
42 Yokai
43 Long Story
Epilogue
Final Words
After 8 years

20 Proposal

6.6K 306 206
By melantha123

POV Elsa

It's hard to enjoy from my sister's musical when your date is just glancing at his phone all the time. And then there's Frost. I've never seen anyone that looks so bored as he does. Or is he bored? maybe he is just sad?

Again Frost sighed. I look up at him, he is still sitting on the tip of his staff. My cheeks blushed when he glanced at me but he just looked at me like some cheap treat, turning his head away. Annoying.

Then again. He looks so sad.. sort of cute too, like a lost puppy. I glance at him quickly again, he notices it again and I see his eyes widen up.

"What?" He snapped quickly and I felt how the area around him got colder.

I nodded towards Jim and I tried to explain by mouthing that I couldn't speak with him. He mumbled something and turned his back at me. He is looking at the musical and I try to concentrate on it.

Once there was a break between acts I went to bathroom. I got startled when Frost was standing inside ladies room. I tried to slap his chest but my hand went through him which made him chuckle.

"What are you doing!" I hissed to him as quietly as I could.

"Could ask you the same thing my Queen. Why are you staring at me? I'm trying to enjoy the show but your face interrupts the fun," he said bitterly.

"Are you saying that I'm ugly?" I raised my voice but then quieted it down when an older lady passed me. She glanced at me like I'm going crazy. Well, I don't blame her.

"Ugly? Did I say so?" Frost teased me with a sly smile. However it was cold one.

"Frost," I said strictly.

He sighed and looks away," I have other reasons for not wanting to see your face right now." He said quietly. Is that blush that's forming on his cheeks?

I gasped when I got tapped on my shoulder.

"Miss. There's a line for toilets," a lady with brown hair and british accent said. My face felt like it was burning up.

"Uh.. Excuse my rudeness," I said quickly and went inside one of the bathrooms.

"Frost!" I gasped when he walked inside the toilet through toilet door.

"Chill out," he muttered and I feel his cold finger on my lips.

"Nice thing for you to materialize," I snapped at him but then he pressed his whole hand to cover my mouth as he pushed me against the wall.

"You sure are stupid huh?" He raised his eyebrow. "They thing that you're the type of girl that speaks alone in bathrooms," he added while smiling mischievously.

Then his lips narrowed and he lowered his hand. "Anyway. I'm going to hospital. I sure don't want to be the third wheel if he gets into second or third base. Just please not in my bed while my spirit is still roaming on earth," Jack whined.

I blinked couple of times. Before I could argue he left. Was he actually sad what might happen on his bed? Or maybe he is lonely. Or he is just a guy and there's a simple reason. I'm just overthinking.

Jim was already sitting at the seats when I got back. The musical continued and we watched it until the end. Everyone applauded after but I didn't have time to see Anna because her group left to celebrate. I just heard her shouting her goodbyes to me through crowd. Which was kind of embarrassing actually.

Jim took me to dinner after the musical. It was really nice restaurant, which kind of made me scared. Valentine's day and fancy restaurant with silver tableware makes me think only one thing. I'm playing with my fork as Jim is keeping himself rather quiet.

"Elsa," Jim said gently and I lift my head. My cheeks are getting red. Maybe he is? No way he is going to.

"I need to tell you something, make a suggestion actually," he smiled warmly and I nodded my head slowly as my heart rate increased. What should I respond?

"So. I have something here," he said and started pulling something out from his pocket.

A piece of crumbled paper. Odd place to keep a ring. I look over the table to see how he opens it up.

It was empty.

"Umm," I mumbled and Jim's eyes widen.

"Wait. Did you expect a proposal?" He asks in amazement as he shows me the paper. I shook my head vigoriously. How stupid, we've been together so little time.

"Why am I looking at a crusader ships information?" I raised my eyebrow and Jim cleared his throat.

"I'm proposing that you would come with me. I got a job on a ship and it's one of my dreams! You don't have to work, take it as a holiday?" He smiled.

My heart sunk. "Jim," I started blankly as I took his hand in mine. I put the paper on his hand and closed his fist.

"You're not coming, are you?" He smiled sadly.

I shook my head and smiled back at him. "No. No I am not. I have my sister here and, eh, some other responsibilities," I laughed nervously as Frost came into my mind.

"Alright. So let's finish our dinner and talk about it again?" Jim smiled.

"Jim. I'm not coming and.. I have a place to be," I said as I stood up. I went to give him a kiss on cheek.

"You're a sweet guy and I'm sure that one day you will find a girl with similar dreams as you have," I smiled to him and he nodded in gratitude.

"Friends?" He grinned and I nodded my head.

After that I got my purse and I rushed to a bus. The ride felt like taking for ages.

Finally I was at the hospital and I hurried myself in the corridors. Valentine's Days are also for friendships in some countries like Finland that's near Norway. Frost needs a friend tonight.

When I got into his hospital room I found him crying on the floor. I squeeze my chest quickly, seeing him like that is hard. "Frost?" I asked carefully and I see him startling, slowly standing up.

"How was the dance and dinner?" He sounded cold.

"I don't know. I skipped them," I laughed and he turns around. He had wiped his face to his sleeve.

"Huh? But you were.. are on a date?" He raised his eyebrow and I saw his mouth twitching. Then he smiled slyly. Good, he is trying to annoy me from the looks of it.

"Yes but we broke up," I said.

Frost bit his knuckles for a small moment which made me chuckle. Then he took a pretending look of being sorry for me.

"Aww.. so no dance?" He asked and I shook my head. Then he walked over me and I saw that mischievous smirk of his.

"Can I have your phone for a moment?" Frost said and hold his hand in front of me.

"Why?" I said as I took my bag to search after my phone.

"I'm going to get us some music. You're going to dance tonight," he laughed when I gave him my phone. He turned sideways and I stare as his fingers slide my phone open. I see how he opens up Spotify and places his staff to floor.

Frost logged in to his Spotify and he is searching a song list. He notices my staring and he glances at me, smiling slyly. He puts one song playing and then he places my phone on the bed where he is still laying in coma.

I see him swaying himself with the music, closing his eyes. My cheeks heated up when he walked to me. I held my breath when he offered me his hand and opened his eyes. They were looking at me.

"Taylor Swift? Seriously Frost, didn't think that you would be into love songs," I mumbled out awkwardly as I took a hold of his hand. I felt his cold hands resting on my waist, my hands were against his chest and my heart started pounding. He kept humming the tone.

"My sister did the playlist for me to tease me. She said that I could wipe some girls from their feet with these type of songs," Frost grinned and put his hands on my wrists as he lifted my hands over his neck. I hold him now and his hands traveled back to my waist.

"Honestly My Queen, I don't think that songs like this have such an effect," he smiled and made us sway in the rhythm.

"You sound like some noble right now," I mumbled while my cheeks blushed. His waist hit on mine and I gasped for little. He just chuckled.

"Sorry. Anyway this was the first song on the list," he hummed.

"Why are you making me dance? What if someone sees this! I'm dancing by myself practically," I whispered aloud.

"Nah.. the window curtains are shut and you need the dance that you missed because of Jim," he said quietly and softly.

Suddenly Frost grinned and I saw slight shade of blush on his cheeks.

My lips parted from amazement when he started singing. I felt chills going up on my spine.

"This night is sparkling, don't you let it go
I'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home
I'll spend forever wondering if you knew"

"Frost.. You know how to sing it? You've listened to it a lot?" I laughed but then he pressed his cool finger on my lips and he shook his head while smiling and closing his eyes. My cheeks blushed,

He started singing again with a smile that melted my heart.

"And now I'm pacing back and forth
Wishing you were at my door"

I inhaled deeply and then I sang with the song.

"I'd open up and you would say, "Hey,
It was enchanting to meet you,
All I know is I was enchanted to meet you.""

Frost chuckled a bit while listening to me. Then he joined into my singing and we sang together.

"This night is sparkling, don't you let it go
I'm wonderstruck, blushing all the way home
I'll spend forever wondering if you knew
I was enchanted to meet you"

We continued our dancing and singing. I could hear the heart monitor of his beeping louder and louder. When the song ended I felt like my heart could jump out from my chest.

I put my hand on his chest which he touched immediately, he had a smirk forming up with his thin lips. W-why am I staring at his lips?

Without thinking I started to stand on my toes. I closed my eyes and I felt his cool breathing. Heard him whispering my name with his husky and dreamy voice. I couldn't feel his heart beating but I heard it. How it was racing, does he feel this way around me? Is his heart beating faster because of me? Am I creating those odd phenomena's with his heart monitor?

Even if I am. I don't care.

I could practically taste the minty flavor of his as our lips almost met, I felt his scent catching my nose. That sweet and minty one. It intoxicated me. His long thin fingers entwined with mine and my chest bumped against his. My forehead touched against his and my breath hitched.

"You shout it out,
But I can't hear a word you say
You're talking loud, not saying much
You criticize but all your bullets ricochet
You shoot me down, but I get up

"

My eyes flashed open as I heard my ringtone. Suddenly the hand of his that was holding mine let loose. No, it didn't let go of me. I saw his expression being tight and I realize that my hand had gone through his chest. Slowly he looks away.

"Frost?" I spoke to him and I try to touch his cheek. My hand went through him.

"I hope that the dance satisfied you," he said in bored way.

My heart broke. "You're an asshole!" I shouted as I paced through him. He gasped for air and then I went to my phone.

I glare at Frost who is holding his chest while panting, he is looking at me with a slight blush again on his cheeks.

"I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose
Fire away, fire away
Ricochet, you take your aim
Fire away, fire away
You shoot me down but I won't fall
I am titanium
You shoot me down but I won't fall
I am titanium---"

"Elsa speaking!" I said angrily.

"Chief! We need you right away! There's a huge fire going on at campus area! The acting school. I'm picking up others on the way because I was closest to station. Where are you?" Hiccup spoke fast.

"I..uh.. I'm at M.I.M hospital," I mumbled. I saw Frost looking at me quickly.

"Umm..okay, I'm picking you up in seven minutes! " Hiccup said and hang up.

Acting school. Oh no.

"Frost," I whispered and he turned around while keeping his arms crossed.

"Yeah?" He muttered.

"M-my sister's school is burning," I said quietly.

"So? Better get going then?" He raised his eyebrow. I inhaled deeply as I turned my back to him. When I walked out from the door I wiped away couple tears.

As I walked on the corridor a sudden cold airwave passed me. There he was.

"My Queen, I didn't mean that you have to go alone.. I can come with you?" Frost grinned and I rolled my eyes to him.

"You just like to have some fun, huh?" I whispered quietly and he started laughing as I rushed towards the exit.

"Yeah. You're my friend so you're supposed to know that, huh?" He chuckled but I saw some sadness in his eyes as he watched me. Or am I imagining it again. He is the hardest person to figure out.

When I was waiting outside the hospital I could see the fire trucks flashing lights in the darkness.

"What do you feel?" Frost asked all of a sudden. His body was tense.

"I'm just scared for my sister," I said to him quickly and then I ran to the truck which Hiccup pulled on the yard.

"Y-yeeah, thought so. See you at the school," I could hear him shouting after me.

POV Merida

"I'm dying here!" I shouted as Hiccup was driving us to fire place. He just laughed on a sharp turn and gave me that grin of his. He is really trying to piss me off.

"Stop fighting you two!" Elsa shouted and everyone in the truck startled. I've never seen her so angry.

"What's up with her?" Hiro whispered to Punzie.

"Don't even ask," Elsa groaned as she ripped her evening dress apart to get herself into her firefighting suit.

"Bad date?" Punzie whispered.

"Yeah. Really bad," Elsa mumbled and Punzie bit her lip while giving us all the 'better-not-mess-with-chief-today-look'.

The school's left wing was burning. Everyone had gotten out from the building after the musical but there was a fire to put out in any case.

"Merida you come with me. Hiccup and Hiro will be working on the hose, Punzie is also smoke diving today," Elsa said strict orders.

"Whoa.. a girl's team," Hiro whispered to Hiccup.

Yeah, I wonder how our chief got so mad.

Elsa was really getting out her anger at the fire scene. I have no idea why she made me and Punzie get inside because she was handling it quite well. She created safe spots for the fire to grow and to be put out.

My helmet's lid got smudgy because of the ashes and the water so I had to stop and clean it up before going upstairs with Punzie and Elsa.

"C'mon already!" Elsa shouted through the mic.

"Yea yea, miss grumpy bear," I mumbled as I stepped on the step.

Suddenly my foot got through the staircase in the middle of the stairs. I screamed as I fell and I held on the steps while my waist was beneath the stairs.

"Shiiiiiii!!" I shouted and Punzie asked what's wrong.

"I'm literally hanging over the edge!" I groaned.

My hands were slipping.

"Hold on!" Elsa shouted and I see her diving down the stairs. Punzie graps into her legs and they pulled me out.

"Thanks," I sighed as I was out from my trap. I look behind me and I see the gap where I was hanging few moments before. I could see a sea of flames on the bottom floor where the gap was leading.

"Whoa, I was about to turn into some burned barbeque. Thanks, I really mean it," I sighed and patted Elsa's back.

"No problem," she grinned. "Better get out and handle the rest from outside. The other wings are now quite fire proof," Elsa ordered.

It was two am when the last flame was out. Everyone felt exhausted, even me. It was a big building fire.

When we were packing our stuff I heard someone screaming happily. It made me turn around and then I saw a strawberry blonde girl running to hug Elsa.

Elsa started laughing, "Anna! You'll get dirty. I have ashes on my clothes." Elsa smiled warmly and poked the girls nose which made it even more stained.

Then Elsa noticed that we all were staring at them. Quickly she cleared her throat, "Right. So, everyone. This is my little sister Anna. Anna, here is my team. Merida, Hiccup, Hiro and Punzie. All of them are great firefighters," Elsa laughed.

My cheeks blushed. Elsa wasn't that bad, actually. I waved my hand to Anna as I rubbed my neck and smiled slyly. Elsa nodded her head as approval.

Elsa spoke with Anna while she packed our fire helmets. Then they said good bye and Elsa asked everyone to her.

"Thanks for the hard work you guys and sorry that I was grumpy. I had my reasons," she chuckled and I said tha apology is accepted.

"No celebrating tonight but let's all head to beds. Okay?" Elsa grinned and we all groaned.

"Too bad but she is right, we have to work in the morning," I sighed and I gave my hand to Elsa. It made everyone around us gasp. Elsa took my hand and shook it.

"You're awesome and thanks about the before in there," I nodded towards the still smoking school

"No problem and you're nice too," Elsa laughed and gave me a hug. Odd feeling, really odd. But nice?

On our way back I let Hiccup drive. I felt really tired already. I decided to stay at the fire station to sleep as well as Punzie did. Other's went to their own homes and beds. My home wasn't that far but Punzies is.

POV Jack

I waited until she was sleeping. Her day had been long in all together. She literally fell on bed and started sleeping right away. The white evening dress is still on her while she layes over her bed sheets.

Slowly and quietly I walk to her. My hand reaches to a blanket that she has folded on a chair. I picked it up and tucked her under it gently.

She let out a muffled sleeping voice which made me hum. I kneel down next to her and I touched her hand.

"I broke your heart today? Didn't I ?" I whispered and she flinched a bit in her sleep.

"I'm sorry My Queen.. We're friends and I just couldn't..uh.. gladly your phone started ringing when it did. We were so close to, you know," my cheeks heated up as I spoke to her quietly. I touch her cheek and she cuddle against my palm.

"I was so angry at myself when I let my guard down," I sighed.

"Sorry that I gave you ideas, I'm so sorry. Just right now, well, it's complicated and I know that it would have been your first kiss. I felt what you felt when you walked through me," I said while being heartbroken.

"I don't want your first kiss, not now," I said as I wiped my eyes to my sleeve.

Then I chuckled a bit, "That's why I'm glad that you're angry at me again. My Queen, let's keep things like this. This little hate and friendship is a relationship that I need. Once I woke up as you promised that I would.. then I'm going to kiss you until we both faint. Deal?" I laughed a bit. She sighed in her sleep.

I exhaled and then I leaned towards her. I let my lips touch her forehead which I kissed.

"Happy Valentine's day. You're my.. special someone, my best friend," I said softly as I brushed her hair back.

The clock started beating to twelve. It is now 15th February.

It had been my first Valentine's day ever which I spent with a girl. Even though things were a bit complicated like her being in theatre with someone else and then breaking up. Well, I was still with her through that, then we danced and I was with her at work. She hates me and yet is my friend.

Then I was about to kiss her. Give her my first kiss. However I can't use her like that, right after she had broken up with her boyfriend. I can't be the asshole which she called me when I got cold feet. Besides, if I'm not ever waking up - it would shatter her. Right now I just need her friendship and our playful fights. She makes me feel... Feel like.

She makes me feel alive again.

A/N:

It's 4am and February 15th in Finland.

I'm super exhausted xD. Didn't quite manage in time with the update.

I have my reasons.

I did a Jelsa 'movie' for you guys. It's in here, it has the song which Jack sings on this chapter.

My dear friend @Kaity_Malfoy did me a dancing Jelsa couple for this chapter. YAY.

Then one last thing.

Happy birthday @Elsa_The_Snow_Queen_

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 261 21
Elsa Aren believed that true love only exists in fairytales and not in the real life world but she then meets Jack Overland Frost,Jack is handsome,fu...
13.8K 380 24
Elsa's (from Frozen) life at home is far from happy and her life at school isn't any better. Jack (from Rise of the Gaurdians), Rapunzel (from Tangle...
103K 3.8K 50
I don't own any of the characters. All of them are from Disney or DreamWorks. Elsa was new in Fatalery High School with her sister, Anna. They met tw...
96.5K 2.6K 130
COMPLETED! ❝ 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐨 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐳𝐲! ❞ Ask & Dare the Big Five! Hiccup, Rapunzel, Merida, Jack Frost...