Raven's DarkNess | ✔

由 Eminavi

"Your hair looks like night but your eyes shine like day. You are a walking contrast. Who exactly are you?" ... 更多

Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Pack Fashion
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen Part I
Chapter Eighteen Part II
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five - Part I
Chapter Thirty Five - Part II
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
What's Next?

Chapter Twenty Five

243 20 91
由 Eminavi

S/N: I imagine Enzo's front room to look like this picture to an extent.

I walked with Enzo to the foyer because he insisted despite my fears as to who that Alpha might be. If it was Kayla then I was screwed. If it was Kai then I was dead. Either way, my odds didn't seem too good so I steadied the hilt of my dagger beneath my pinafore making it easily accessible in case I might need to use it. I suspected that I just might.

My pulse quickened, the adrenaline that surged through my veins due to anxiety caused my senses to become sharper. I wished that I could slip away from Enzo but I couldn't. If I did, he would become suspicious. So despite knowing that I risked everything, I followed closely behind the man who possibly led my slaughter.

I only relaxed when the person who stood in the middle of Enzo's foyer was in no way familiar to me. Except he looked exactly like me if I were to be a male. Well, me right now. Not me in reality. Not the real me.

In the middle of Enzo's foyer stood a blonde-haired, green-eyed teenage boy whose hair fell across his eyes gracefully. He reminded me of someone. He smiled widely when he saw Enzo and I just stared at him, happy to see someone who is dressed normally for once.

Wow! The wonders of this pack! Now, normal clothes seemed like an absolute luxury to me!

"Where's your father?" is all Enzo greets the boy with causing him to frown deeply and then I notice a few of the maids leave quickly. I understood that Enzo must have dismissed them. I stood behind Enzo.

"Enzo! when did you become so serious, brother?" The boy said through his frown, shaking his head to hint at great disappointment. Brother? "We haven't met in so many years yet you greet me so coldly? I'm hurt,"

"I became serious when I became Alpha, Ronan. Which is something you are here to learn," Enzo looks over Ronan's shoulders and stares at Ronan's army green suitcase before bringing his gaze back to the boy I now identify as Ronan who by the look of things seems to be an Alpha-born. "Where's your father, Ronan?"

Ronan crosses his arms in an exaggerated fashion. "He had to run. He's dropping off my pain in the ass perfect baby sister at her glamorous, prissy all-girls boarding school. You know, the ones that are better than five-star hotels? I asked him whether or not he wanted to meet you but as you know, to my father only his little perfect Princess Safia comes first,"

Prissy boarding schools like five-star hotels? Ah! I know those! Only the Crystal Heart pack had those kinds of schools! They were extremely elegant because everyone in that pack basically bathed in money. My mother wanted to send me there but my father refused because he was too afraid that being away from home would corrupt my morals. The irony was that being at home was exactly what corrupted my morals. I didn't understand how an all-girls school would corrupt my morals but I understood that what he truly meant was that if I was gone then not only could he not control every fucking aspect of my life anymore but his relationship with his mate would go south really fast because those two forced me into the unfortunate position of being the anchor for their toxic relationship.

Yet, I knew people from my pack that attended the Crystal Heart Pack's exquisite boarding schools. They were apparently heaven on earth. On suites as bedrooms bathed in gold, silver, diamonds and everything divine. Extracurricular activities that made anyone a prodigy in whatever they picked be it polo, synchronised swimming, fencing, shooting, culinary arts, horse riding, golf, gymnastics, tennis and many more. Their schools were a living dream and whoever attended them came back with impeccable manners and several new found skills. I won't lie, even I wished I had attended one of those schools where their uniforms cost more than our car. As much as I love my pack, the Crystal heart pack was the way forward if you wanted to live in luxury. And you know me and luxury!

Even now, looking at Ronan, I know that his shirt, pants and shoes were extremely expensive. From the way they glistened to the way they were perfectly ironed, everything screamed nothing less than stinking rich. He also had a diamond ring on his finger and platinum chain on his neck. Was that a mate bond ring, by any chance? I didn't trust anyone who wore a ring. I knew better than that.

He was definitely from that pack. My bet based on Enzo's words was that he was an Alpha's son.

"How is Safia, Ronan?" Enzo asked causing Ronan to roll his eyes.

"If you're wondering if she still has a crush on you, brother, then yes. She does. She even made you a card with hearts and kissy faces and threatened to expose some of my secrets to our dad if I didn't give you her useless declaration letter. I'll give it to you later," Ronan winked and I watched a small smile creep onto Enzo's lips.

Who was this Safia? No more than a schoolgirl but still I wondered why Enzo smiled at her childishness.

"Still, I would have loved to meet your father before he left," Enzo said and Ronan got closer to him, slinging his arm over Enzo's shoulder. Enzo gave him a questioning look.

"Brother, you and I both know that in every family, there's always a disappointment child. The one parents wished never existed and can't help comparing to their other perfect little child or children. It's no secret that in my family that's me and in yours, it's you," Ronan taps on Enzo's chest at the same time Enzo's eyes fly to mine. My mouth nearly hangs open. What is this boy saying? Enzo, a disappointment? In what world is that even possible. He's perfect.

"Ronan!" Enzo scolds, his voice suddenly tensing up and sounding somewhat harsh. It reminds me of the feast of the full moon when he had used the same tone on Tinley. It had scared the life out of her. Everyone else that was in the foyer but far away suddenly fled as if this was a restricted zone.

"Calm down! We both know that I'm speaking the truth. Everyone does," Ronan moves away and shakes his head. "My point is that when all I am is a disappointment to my father because according to him, I'll never make a good Alpha. Not that I care or even want to be one. Something you could no doubt relate to once upon a time but since I am apparently a failure then why would he care enough to bid you hello after he bids me farewell and have you rub it in his face that his son with never be like you? Will never reform like you?"

Enzo's eyes never left mine. Was what Ronan said true? Did Enzo really never want to be Alpha?

"Enough, Ronan!" Enzo's tone was harsher now. Something that was hard for me to fathom from him. He was always gentle, calm but for some reason, he seemed to have completely lost his patience with this boy. I considered if I should leave but decided against it. Drama was good. It was entertaining and boy, this pack was so boring that I would take even scraps of it.

"The first thing you need to learn about being Alpha is how to bridle your tongue!" Enzo spoke with authority, his tone laced with annoyance. "Your father sent you to me so you could learn something. It's not a vacation, Ronan! You're here as an apprentice because your escapades have driven your father to the wall. This is a favour to him for everything he's done for me so please, don't make me regret agreeing to this,"

Ronan only lifted his hands in the air and let his mouth hang open, awed.

"What did I even say wrong? You're so different now brother, it breaks my heart," He pretends to sniff in a dramatic fashion but then his eyes catch mine. He doesn't shift his gaze but instead, he smiles at me boldly.

Enzo follows his gaze.

"You're hot!" He states, winking at me. His eyes scan my neck for a quick second before shamelessly travelling down my whole body. Pervert. "What's your name?"

I roll my eyes at him.

"Spicey!" He exclaims with a small shake of his upper body. "I like you!"

"Aren't you like five?" I ask him, letting out a small sigh. I haven't had a kid flirt so boldly with me in a while. What's he? seventeen? eighteen? maybe nineteen?

"For you, honey, I can be fifty-five," He winks again and I can't help the giggle that escapes my lips.

"In that case, honey, I think you would be too old for me," I retort sharply, a bemused smile creasing my features. Ronan pouts.

"I can be whatever age you like, just say the word and-"

"Ronan!" Enzo interrupts and my gaze travels up to him. He's not impressed. I never thought that he was capable of losing his temper but watching him look at Ronan now, Ronan seemed to be hanging on the very last thread of whatever might be Enzo's otherwise well-concealed temper. I didn't even know he had one but considering he's an Alpha, I would not like to be on the wrong side of it no matter how devilishly handsome he looks now with his eyebrows scrunched upwards.

"Oh!" Ronan exclaims, circling between me and Enzo. "If she's claimed by you, you just have to say it, brother. No need to have smoke puffing out of your ears as you plot my demise. Believe it or not, I actually respect bro code so don't worry, I won't intrude,"

Enzo breathes heavily into his palm.

"It's not like that Ronan," Enzo finally speaks through a long sigh. "She's not claimed by anyone but-"

"So then, can I claim her?" Ronan once again jumps in with expectant eyes.

"The only thing you'll be claiming baby boy is a lollipop. You know that thing kids your age suck on-"

Ronan's eyes settled shamelessly on my boobs. "Why? But surely there are better things to suck on. I could show you if you let-"

"Ronan, ENOUGH!" Enzo bellowed out so loudly that the entire house seemed to shake. His eyes were glowing an intimidating gold and his skin heated. Blood seemed to drain from Ronan's face. I placed a hand on Enzo's chest.

"Enzo, calm down," Enzo trembled beneath my palm but slowly, his gaze was pulled towards mine. I applied a bit of pressure and the gold of his eyes started to dull. "He's a kid. He doesn't know what he's saying,"

"I know exactly what I'm-" Ronan started but this time, it was my eyes that snapped at him and threatened rage. This idiot! Could he not see that I was trying to save him? I was under no fucking obligation to by the way. I mean whether or not Enzo ripped him to shreds, I was good. So if I was feeling a little gracious today and throwing the perv a damn bone, he better fucking well take it. My generosity was a rare occurrence, after all. His eyes seemed to have heard my thoughts because he quickly interjected with, "I mean your girlfriend is completely right, brother! It was just a joke, haha. Like old times, haha,"

Enzo and I both ignored the word 'girlfriend'. Enzo's eyes completely returned to their safe black and he pushed his hands through his hair before looking back at Ronan. I withdrew my hand from Enzo's chest.

"You haven't been in my home for ten minutes and you already broke the one rule I told your father was my condition for having you here, Ronan!" Enzo shook his head fiercely. "What am I supposed to do with you?"

Ronan only smiled, his eyes still glinting with mischief. At least he was keeping his mouth shut. If he said one more stupid thing, this time, I won't intervene and stop Enzo from ripping him apart. I crossed my arms as I settled upon that decision, content with myself. I think I've done enough charity for the year anyway.

"My only rule Ronan was and is that you do not try to chase after any female in my pack. I do not want you chasing, sleeping with, touching, flirting or even talking to any one of them. Mated or otherwise, they are all off-limits to you!" Enzo took a firm step towards Ronan. I felt the intimidation from here. Bruh, I definitely did not want to be baby boy right now. "Go as far as even looking at one of them inappropriately and I'll take out your eyes. Do you understand me?"

"Yes, sir!" Ronan saluted Enzo and I wanted to slap myself. Did this boy have no sense of self-preservation whatsoever? Oh, well, maybe having Alpha blood came with reckless courage. I wouldn't know, I had assassin and traitor blood.

Enzo took one more step into Ronan's space until he was staring directly at Ronan, right in the face, into his eyes. Alpha vs. Alpha-born. I was loving it. I wondered if Ronan also felt the crushing weight of Enzo's dominance on the base of his spine or was that only limited to wolves without Alpha blood?

"I'm not joking, Ronan. I know how promiscuous you are and there's no place for that in my pack. One complaint against you by any female of this pack that you even breathed in the wrong direction as them and I'll send you back to your father faster than you can say 'spicey',"

I don't know why I laughed. It was so inappropriate and uncalled for but the way Enzo's voice wrapped around the words previously used by Ronan just sounded wrong. He was too stiff for that jazz.

"Now pick up your suitcase and come with me. I'll show you to your room," Ronan looked down at the suitcase and then back up at Enzo. As if Enzo knew what Ronan wanted to ask, he quickly countered with, "Get your own bag, Ronan! No one here is your butler or personal maid. You want to be an Alpha well then here's another lesson for you, brother - Alphas lead by example so carry your own bag,"

With a gruff sound of displeasure, Ronan obeyed Enzo and followed behind him religiously, dragging his bag up the stairs like it was the hardest thing he ever did in his life. It was hilarious.

Baby boy didn't miss the way I laughed and mocked at him and I surely didn't miss the way he winked at me, a silent promise that we'll meet again.

~🖤~🖤~🖤~🖤~🖤~🖤~🖤~🖤~🖤~

I really enjoyed writing this chapter. Did you guys enjoy reading it? what did you think?

What did you think about Ronan?

Thank you so much for reading!❤️❤️❤️🖤🖤🖤🖤

~Эмма💞✌🏻

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

18.6K 724 34
**Not edited.** A mere human, being adopted by wolves is but one of many unique surprises surrounding Kay. When suddenly a fierce Alpha appears, foll...
458K 25.8K 46
EDITED ~~~~ Book two of Forgotten series. ~~~~ Shey Lazera felt she was not destined to have a mate. She had been rejected so many times she almost...
7.5K 439 7
"Killian what?" She asks while scribbling my name on the book. "Just Killian." She looks up at me with furrowed eyebrows. "No surname?" I smile fain...
25.5K 1K 38
Gemma Hart knows well enough what a gilded prison looks like. Paranoid due to the unsolved assassination of their parents, her brother had spent the...