Detective Dreamnotfound \\ dnf

By goawaytehe

While Detective Dream and his new secretary George cross the ferry to solve a bank robbery in Poland, A bar t... More

Chapter 1 - Tea with Mr Davidson
Chapter 3 - Exploration
Chapter 4 - The unwanted dinner party
Chapter 5 - "he's dead."
Chapter 6 - the investigation begins.
Chapter 7 - who held the knife?
Chapter 8 - stargazing
Chapter 9 - What next?
going over some stuff<3

Chapter 2 - The Ferry to Poland

2.1K 105 242
By goawaytehe

NOTE - please don't come at me I've genuinely never been on a boat before which was kinda bad panning but like- still. Boats are awesome 😎

~~~~~~
22nd of January, 1957

George glanced down at his wrist watch. It read 11:12. If Dream didn't hurry up and get here in less then 10 minutes, they where going to miss the Pogton ferry. And yes, that was its name.

He stared up and the ferry that stretched above him and admired it.

It was beautiful and long, shining beautifully in the sunlight. Gold stripes wrapped around it, and the smoke twirled from the pipes. Hundreds of tiny windows on the edge of the ferry looked like small squares dotted along the side.

The sky was stretched above him, not a cloud in sight. He breathed in happily.

It rather felt like George was dreaming; travelling on one of the poshest ferrys in America, to investigate a bank robbery with a world famous detective. A rather pretty one, he might add.

He dragged himself from his thoughts and looked around for him once again. George was begging to worry now, where on earth was he?

And then, as if he had come out of nowhere, Dream came hurrying down to the edge of the port, clutching his luggage and calling out to George. His blonde hair glinted in the sunlight,

"Sorry I'm late!" He cried as he made his way down to George.

"It's alright," George sighed. 

"The taxi driver was like five hours late." Dream said sarcastically.

Then he looked up at the ferry. "woah!" He cried admiringly.

"I know! It's so big. Look at all the windows as well!" Then he looked across at him.

He pointed awkwardly to Dream's undone tie. Dream blinked at him.
"Your tie dream.." George mumbled.

"Oh right yeah." And he fiddled with it until it was done perfectly.

Dream looked up and smiled at him, "right, we have a ferry to catch."
~~~~~~
There was a small queue leading up to the ferry. Dream and George made their way to back, and even some more people joined the queue behind them.

Dream sighed impatiently and looked up at the boat, and George had to go on his top toes to view why it was taking them so long to get on.

*LANGUAGE WARNING LMAO*

The birds chirped happily above them, swirling in circles, but the happy moment was quite ruined when a strong Irish voice shouted out louder than the birds altogether.

"YOU FOCKING CUNT YOU JUST TOOK MY MONEY AND NOW YOUR SAYING YOUR JUST GONNA WHAT, SEND ME OFF THE SHIP?" the woman's voice grew so loud that the whole queue went extremely silent.

Dream turned to George, his eyebrows raised, and saw that he was grinning broadly.

"When I grow up I wanna be just like her."whispered a small British voice from behind them, but neither George or Dream realised who that was until quite later.

"Listen ma'am I really don't want to take your ticket away from you; but if you keep shouting like that-" the man who was dealing with the passengers sounded quite flustered with all the commotion.

"LIKE I SAID- I HAVE A FOCKING TICKET, SO LET ME IN!" The woman didn't seem to care that the man could very easily just take away her ticket with that language.

Nearly everyone was staring at the woman and the man now.

Eventually he gave in. "Yes ma'am." he muttered angrily and stood aside to let the woman pass, they both glared at each other.

Time passed as the passengers filed in. To dream it felt like the world was going ten times as slower as usual. He wanted it to be over and done with.

And then, eventually, the line became smaller and smaller until there wasn't anyone there at all.

Dream stepped forward and held out his hand to the man, George hovering behind him.

"Good morning sir!" The man cried happily, taking Dream's hand. "my name is Alex! I shall be attending the ferry with you, if you would like anything, or if anything is wrong, come to me! And I would get it done in a matter of minutes!" He grinned at George and Dream.

Dream smiled politely.

George stared at Alex curiously. He was nearly the same hight as he was, with short black hair. He was wearing a navy blue cap on his head and his smile made George feel ever so slightly more calm about the Ferry.

George beamed back at Alex.

"So, you must be ah-" he stared down at the clipboard he was clutching and then back up at Dream and George. "Mr Dream and er- your secretary, Mr Davidson?"

"That is correct." Dream grinned.

"Amazing! Right if you wanna follow Micheal here-" he jerked his head towards a butler behind him, "he'll take you to your rooms."

And with that, George and Dream were led through the opening into the ferry.

~~~~~

The butler took them both through multiple different corridors. George stared around at the pretty patterns on the wall and wondered how on earth he was going to remember his way around the boat.

He had to admit, it was glamorous. Lovely golden lamps hung from the ceiling shining onto pretty plant pots of roses. The long corridor stretched out ahead of them, and it looked as if it could go on for miles. This ferry was not for any average person, that's for sure.

The boat shuddered underneath them ever so slightly as they walked. George kept looking up in concern, but Dream's face was as calm as anything. Well, he was used to boats after all.

Micheal butler paused in front of two doors lined next to each other. Room 29 and 30.

He reached into his pockets, and pulled out two shiny golden keys, handing them to Dream and George.

"There are you keys sirs." He said, bowing politely and smiling. "Lunch will be in about an hour, and the dinner party will take place at 5pm." He bowed once again, and hurried away back down the corridor.

Dream fiddled with his key and shoved it into the lock. He twisted at it until the door swung forward. Dream stepped in triumphantly, and admired his room.

It was lovely.

The bed was huge, with navy blue sheets stretched across it neatly. A desk sat by the window, a pot of ink sat in the corner.
Shelves where stacked to the brim with books, and a tall brown wardrobe sat next to his bed.

Dream looked around him happily.

And then something opened behind him, and he jumped out of his skin.
He whipped his head round, only to see George  standing in the doorway of the connecting door, who was in fits of giggles. "You literally just had a heart attack" he laughed.

Dream scowled at him. But that only made George laugh more.

"Aren't the rooms nice!" He said, flopping down onto Dream's bed, his cheeks still red from laughing.

"Yeah they are!" He said admiringly. "Hey, should we go looking around? We've got ages until lunch."

"Okay!" George smiled.

Dream reached for the door and swung it open, only to reveal two boys standing there, both of them turning white as a sheet.

~~~~~

Dream raised an eyebrow, "can we help you?"

A blonde boy, who was just as tall as Dream was, was elbowing the other vigorously. He looked as if he was about to faint any second now, and his blue eyes shone brightly in panic. It was as if he wasn't sure whether to make a run for it or just start to cry.

The other boy though, was taller than the blonde one. His hair was a lovely shade of brunette, and he was glaring at the blonde boy out of the corner of his eye. "Uhm, sorry- we'll er be on our way." And with that he dragged the blonde boy by the wrist and back down the corridor.

"But, Wilbur-" hissed the blonde one as he was dragged away down the corridor.

"Shut it Tommy!" He hissed back, "come on, let's go find Phil before you do something stupid." The blonde one looked as if he was going to slap him, but with that they both disappeared round the corner.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

254K 9.5K 37
George is a professional hunter in an organization called "Manhunt". He is not just good, he is one of the best and is therefore called to the lead i...
62.6K 1.8K 55
This is a dream not found fan fiction If they are uncomfortable with this stuff then I will delete it I do not ship Clay and George I ship there cha...
48.5K 2.1K 58
"You're a real force to be reckoned with, and I have so much respect for how you handle yourself. But for some reason... I'm the exception." Dream x...
89.7K 4.1K 24
'Never trust a survivor until you learn what they've done to survive.' Thousands of years into the future, after the bomb that caught the world at i...