Nerd || Jung Jaehyun

By Chicjaebum

↬"You may be handsome but you're still a nerd. Just focus on your studies and don't think of her. She's way o... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15

14

1K 37 2
By Chicjaebum

Days passed by and people were slowly starting to forget Charlotte. Someone left this world and they mourned her death for a few days then just moved on as if nothing happened.

I knew the world wouldn't stop if someone passed away but it was sad that they'll be forgotten in a matter of days.

The funeral was sad. Her parents came and were brokenhearted. I didn't even think of introducing myself to them because who the hell am I to do that?

Everything happened so quickly and so suddenly.

I was in my dorm room when I heard someone knock on the door and burst into the room. I knew it was Johnny so I didn't even take a glance at who it was.

"Jaehyun. I have something important to give you." He said calmly. I didn't move a muscle. I just kept staring at the ceiling.

"Charlotte's roommate gave me this. It was on her desk." Johnny said. I looked at him and saw him holding an envelope up. I shot up from my bed and snatched it from his hand.

I then turned the envelope around to see my name written on it. I held it as if it was precious and fragile.

I opened the envelope carefully and slowly. I grabbed the paper that was in the envelope. As I pulled it out I was slightly shaking and my heart was about to burst of of my chest.

You aren't the reason why I left. It's not your fault. I was in pain and had to leave before I back out like I always did.

I was always happy around you but that wasn't enough for me to start loving myself.

I was broken inside and was on the verge of breaking on the outside but I left before anyone could witness it.

I had feelings for you but I was afraid that you didn't feel the same about me.

Move on and live your life as if you never knew me. Goodbye.

I hated that she used past tense. She knew that there was a huge possibility that she wasn't gonna make it or that she wouldn't back out.

How could I do that when all I feel towards her was guilt and regret?

"You OK man?" Johnny asked me. "Yeah I'm fine. I just need to go out for a walk. I need some fresh air." I told him as I grabbed my jacket then wore it.

"Want me to come with you? To keep you company?" He asked. "No it's fine I just want some time alone to think and clear my mind off of things." I said as I was holding the doorknob of my room.

I left without waiting for him to reply. I just needed to leave the room before I broke down. I needed to get out of anyone's sight before I broke down.

I began to run I didn't know where I just kept going and let my legs lead the way.

I kept it all in for a few weeks and I felt like I was about to explode. I kept running and running until I felt like my legs were about to betray me because I felt exhausted.

I dropped on the grass and laid on my back as I breathed heavily. My chest was moving up and down for my lungs to get as much oxygen as it could. I placed my hand on my eyes covering them from the bright moon but I noticed that they were wet. It couldn't be sweat. I knew they were tears but I didn't control them. Maybe they were so exhausted for forcing to stay in and just fell down on its own.

I was frustrated, angry, sad, broken and even empty. I felt all of these mixed emotions at once. No one was around me which I was glad about and I yelled so loud until my lungs were yelling for oxygen. I then started sobbing. I just couldn't take it. Everything hit me all at once. I was hiding and bottling all of my emotions until I finally broke.

I wasn't able to tell her I love her. I wasn't able to tell her it was fine. I wasn't able to save her. I didn't know that she was suffering. As impossible as it sounds I wish I could turn back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

164K 6.6K 67
The Real Story: Episode analysis, commentaries and point-of-view scene narratives for Erkenci Kus romantics. Dive into this critically acclaimed mode...
175K 7.5K 21
❝if i get a bit prettier, then can i be your baby?❞ - written in lowercase.
4.4K 177 10
Five years after Norman was killed in his own house, Dylan was still haunted by the chain of events that occurred after he moved away from the motel...