Meant To Be || KTH

By YoonminSlaysus

[ COMPLETED ] ' I chose him over everyone else.' And ' She left me like we were never meant to be together.'... More

Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue

Chapter 29

679 43 10
By YoonminSlaysus

TAEHYUNG'S P.O.V.

The ladies and the kids have gone out for another outing on the beach. I stayed behind and so did Jimin. He was still angry with me but we were at least on a talking basis. So I decided to visit him in his room to tell him about the incident that happened early morning with me. He lets me inside but would avoid looking in my direction. So I stood out in his balcony while he leaned by the doorframe. He knows me too well. He knew that I have come here to share something with him. He waits for me to gather the courage and tell him the incident.

" I saw Mia today," I informed him.

" What ?" He walked over to me as he turned me to face him. " You saw Mia? Here? In Hawaii ?"

" Yeah," I answered in a soft voice.

" Did you talk to her? Is she fine? What is she doing here ?" He lashed out all the questions in his mind.

" She is here with her family." I turned away from him. I take in a deep breath as I rested my elbows on the top railing of the balcony.

" Family? But her parents...wait! is she --?" he trailed his words, guessing the answer.

" Yeah." I gave a short reply as I exhaled.

" Good for her." Jimin said as he looked off in distance with me.

" She has a husband who loves her a lot and two kids. Her daughter seems to be 2-3 years younger than Tiara and her son is maybe 5 or 6 years old." Jimin kept his hand on my shoulder as he squeeze my shoulder blade lightly.

" She was really happy." A memory of her smiling flashed in front of my eyes. " It has been very long that I saw her smiling like that." A wistful smile appeared on my lips.

" She moved on in life." Jimin adds in a low voice.

" Hm. " I nodded, keeping my head low.

" You have Clara and Tiara too You moved on in life as well.. " He pats on my shoulder. " It's for the better." He assures me.

" Yeah."

" Don't think too much about it. You carry on with your life. Let me get you that Mango Martina to lighten the mood. I don't wanna drink it anyway because it's Mango." Jimin walks back inside to grab the drink.

' She moved on in life.'

She did moved on.

She was much happier.

She smiled more often now.

Isn't that a good thing?

Yes, It is.

Then why am I sad?

" Dad! " Tiara rushes in as soon as Jimin opens the door. Seems like kids and ladies are back from their outing.

Am I trying to complete a piece of my heart?

" Look! I got you this and this ." Tiara opens up the packages to show me what she has got for me.

Or am I still stuck in my past?

Clara walks over to us with a sweet smile. Carrying some more bags in her hands. 

Maybe I want her to forgive me.

" Now... I want you both to attend this !" Tiara holds up an invitation card.

" What is this ?" I asked taking it from her.

Forgive me, Mia.

" A night for couples and for those parents who never get enough time to spend. So I want you both to attend this." Tiara makes me hold Clara's hand.

" Only if your mom wants to go." I said, turned to Clara.

I couldn't be a great husband like you wanted me to be.

" I don't mind it. " Clara gave me a pretty smile as I matched her smile with a squeeze of her hand.

But I promise you...

Her ring glistened in the sun along with mine.

I'll try my best to keep Clara happy.

_______________________________________

MIA'S P.O.V.

Jungkook and the kids chatted inside on the bed while I stood out in the balcony. The sun was setting and sounds of waves seems to fill up the air. I couldn't take Taehyung out of my mind. I saw him in the morning and the day is almost coming to an end. Over these years, I didn't felt his absence because Jungkook was around then why do I feel sad now? 

" Enjoying the view all alone ?" Jungkook said as he softly kissed the nape of my neck as he slipped his arms around me from behind.

" No. " I answered with a smile.

" What's wrong? Your mood seems to be low." He rested his chin on my shoulder.

" Nothing. " I exhaled lightly. " Just wondering."

" What ?"

" How did I get all this happiness !?" I told him, questioning if I really deserved them.

" You deserve them, Mia." He leaned his head towards mine.

" Sometimes I, too think how did I get this lucky? I never thought of all these things years back. I never thought of having my own family. My lovely kids and a beautiful wife." Jungkook shares his thoughts as he rocks me lightly left to right.

" But look at me now! I'm looking after three babies !" He exaggerated. I turned to him with a judgmental look.

" What ?" He plays along as he gave me one of his sweetest smile.

" I'm not a baby. You are a baby!" I justified as I pretended to be annoyed.

" But you are my baby." He smiled as he pulled me more closer, earning a smile on my lips.

" Honestly, I don't know. What would be my life like if I didn't found you at that bus stop that night !?" He continued.

______________________

It was raining heavily that night and whatever money I had  from selling that house, I travelled to wherever the bus was taking me. It was Busan. I stayed there at that small bus stop despite of people staring and passing comments. It was late at night and I just sat there, resting my head against the pole of a small banner.

" Um. Excuse me !" a voice called out. " You could come here and sit here inside. Don't get drenched in rain."

___________________

" Those days were tough on me." I recalled, looking at the sun. Reminding me how far I have come.

" You made through it and you helped me stand my own company at such a tender age."

" Yeah. You were 22 or something. Pretty young." I smiled.

" I used to call you Noona back then." He laughed as I giggled.

" Time does flies away real quick." I said as I held onto him, taking i all the warmth he has to offer.

" Hm. I remember chasing you for one whole year to become my girlfriend."

" If you ask me, I thought we weren't gonna make it this far in our relationship. Those four years of dating too felt like its gonna crumbled down any moment." I shared my fear.

" I thought I'm gonna make a mistake and you are going to leave me." I continued as shivers ran down my body as familiar fear came back for a moment.

" Why would I ever leave you ?" He turned me around to face him. " When I can have you all to myself." He leaned in to join our forehead.

" Also, you have given me so much happiness. I won't let you go." He assured me.

" I promised to stay by your side. " He kissed my forehead. " I still remember our wedding day. It was just perfect."

" Right one year of our marriage, we adopted Nami who was then 10 years old. "A memory flashed in front of my eyes.

" She grew up well. A year later, you gifted me Sung-Jae." He said softly as he pushed his body towards mine, trapping me between his arms.

" Mom, look what Sung-Ja--- Ah! Let's go back, Sung-Jae." Our gazes quickly shifted to Nami who was trying to keep Sung-Jae inside.

" Nami, come here," I called her, setting myself free from Jungkook's grip.

" No. It's fine. We will stay inside. You guys continue." I heard her giggle.

" I'm calling you because of this beautiful sunset." I pointed out.

" What?" She looked at the sky and jumped with excitement. " Let me get the phone !" She rushed inside.

" She is still ten by heart." Jungkook remarked with a smile.

Sung-Jae rushed over to me as I picked him up in my arms. Nami came out with her camera to capture the moment. Nothing could ever beat this moment. This feels just too perfect to be real. I have nothing to lose if I have them.

Shouldn't I be happier since I got them?

Yes, I should be much more happier.

Then Why do I feel sad after seeing Taehyung?

Maybe...

" Okay. Okay. Everyone, ready for the picture." Jungkook takes the phone from Nami to take a picture.

" Say chee-- Jeong-woo? Who is Jeong-woo ?"

I wanted to tell him a lot of things.

" Huh! Jeong-woo !? " Nami snatched her phone back as she aggressively texts back at really fast speed.

Jungkook looks over to me as if asking that do I know Jeong-woo. I shook my head as ' No.'

Maybe ask him to forgive me.

" Okay. Mia says she doesn't know Jeong-woo so probability is that I don't know him at all ! Who is he ?" Jungkook asks crossing his arms at chest.

" He is my study buddy." She answered confidently.

Forgive me, Tae.

" What buddy ?" He questioned.

" Argh !" Nami left a sigh as she rolls her eyes. " Study buddy. It's not like I'm dating or something."

" I didn't even mention dating." He gazed at her, suspiciously.

I knew how much you wanted me to stay.

" Mom ~" Nami whined.

" Jungkook." I called him out.

" Okay. Okay. I'm not making assumptions here." He raised his hands in defense. " Tell me about him."

But I promise you...

" He's a nice guy. Good with studies and good in sports too." Nami explained but Jungkook doesn't seem impressed.

" Nami." I walked over to Jungkook." You know your father is jealous type." Nami suddenly realized and proceeds to do what she is good at. Pursuing Jungkook.

" Sure. Jeong-woo is good and all but not more than Dad. Dad is the only person who loves me the most." She pursued him sweetly as Jungkook looks away, pouting as he tried hard not to smile.

I'll stay by Jungkook's side.

_______________

Author-nim here~

Hello, dear readers ! First of all, Thank you so much for supporting our book in any way possible. All the regular readers, silent readers ( we see you 👁👄👁 ) and the ones who would read this book in the future, We would like to thank each one of you for giving this book a chance. 

We are glad you came across this book and stayed this far with Taehyung and Mia but now this book coming to an end. It was really so sweet of y'all to vote and comment on our book though we don't ask for it. So thank you so much ! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

734K 30.9K 61
Your marriage was failing but you weren't at fault and you weren't blind to the signs of faded love. When you found him cheating, you didn't give a s...
29.4K 753 9
This fanfic story is based on a cold husband and his Indian wife. After various events of getting neglected by his husband Yn decided to give up and...
29.6K 1.3K 34
They were falling apart... Falling apart from each other. Falling apart from their love for each other. Can Kim Taehyung and Kim Y/n save their marri...
13.6K 941 46
Eating together at the kitchen counter and sleeping together under the same comforter were the only moments that we spend together throughout the day...