The Returned Mate (BWWM) |TO...

By NiyWrites

*book two* It's been two years since Melodi left Caleb after finding out his father killed her best friend. ... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter Twenty-one
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Finally

Chapter fourteen

1.4K 73 13
By NiyWrites

Zaria tilted her head and gave Melodi a questionable look. "What are you talking about?" She may have seemed calm on the outside but in the inside, she was nervous, her still heart made her mind make up a thump of its own.

It was her fingers against her thigh. She needed to hear that thump, she needed proof of her nervousness. Melodi glared at Zaria. "I was dreaming and I thought I saw you, I forgot what I was dreaming about, I-I am sorry for the confusion."

Melodi couldn't help but lie, she didn't want Zaria to know that she was on to her. Zaria was here for the same reason she was there before, she wanted Ethan. But she can't have him.

Over Melodi's half-dead body. She looked over to Caleb, and the look on his face proved that he knew she was lying. But instead of asking or questioning her, he just leaned on the the door way and put his hands in his pockets.

Zaria gave Melodi a small smile, but Melodi didn't return the gesture. "How's Ethan?" Caleb looks from Melodi to Zaria, then back to Melodi. "He is still unresponsive." Melodi got out of bed and walked to the bathroom door saying the words "Make sure that Brandon is in this room by the time I come out."

Caleb took his hands out of his pockets and crossed them. "And if I don't?" Melodi stopped in her tracks and turned to look at Caleb. "You don't want to know, so I suggest you do this simple little thing for me." She walked into the bathroom and shut the door, the lock sounding seconds later.

Caleb mind-linked Brandon and told him the orders.

'Wait, she wants me there?' Caleb rolled his eyes. 'I just said that she did so what does that tell you?' Brandon only responded with a 'I'm on my way.' Caleb sighed and looked at the door where Melodi was currently sitting on the bathroom floor, eyes closed, whispering to the air.

In hopes that it would be sent to Ethan. "I'm here." She would whisper. "I'm not leaving you, I promise, I will wait for you, just like you were waiting for me." She would tell the air promises that only her and Ethan made. She let a tear drop and opened her eyes.

"I will do whatever it takes to make sure that who ever did this will pay the price, they messed with the wrong person." She looked at the picture on the mirror. "I promise." She whispered. She them stood and finished her daily routine.

Melodi walked out, only to see no one. She looked around the room, then she heard the voices downstairs. She walked to her closet and rushed on one of Ethan's shirts and a pair on jeans. She put her hair in a ponytail and walked to Ethan's room.

She opened the door and froze.

It was him.

The guy from Ethan's memories, when they saw that shadow on the bushes. He looked up at the sound of the door slamming shut. He smiled at Melodi and she shivered. 'Awww this is sick! Is this dude really in this house? How the heck did he even get in?' Oasis, Melodi's wolf, questioned.

"Well, you must be Melodi." She glared at him and gave him a slight nod. "Yeah, sure." She sighed and walked to the other side of Ethan, taking his hand. The stranger looked at the intertwined hands, and a ghostly smile appeared on his face.

Melodi took this as a chance to look at Caleb, Brandon, and Zaria. The were all beside the stranger, who was standing on the opposite side of Ethan. Zaria was smiling at the stranger. Caleb was looking at the stranger, and sweet Brandon, was glaring at the stranger.

As if he knew him.

The stranger looked up at Melodi, the same smile on his face. "I can promise you miss Melodi, Ethan will get better." Melodi gave him a small nod. "I know he will, and I will be here, right by side when he wakes."

The stranger eyes suddenly showed a slight glint. As if he knew something she didn't. "Oh! Where are my manners? My name is Desmond Parks." He put his hand out for Melodi to take, but she just looked at him. "Why are you here Desmond?"

The man looked like he was in his late twenties, so why was he so interested I two teens? 'I don't care what anyone says, supernatural or not, this man wanting us and Ethan is just wrong, and if he thinks that he can use us to take over something, he's going to find a knife, taken over his body.' Oasis said.

Melodi silenced her and waited for Desmond's answer. Man, even knowing the name of your enemy and thinking it sounds like a word that shouldn't be spoken. A curse. But when he said Melodi's name, he said as if it was a promise. A cure.

"I am here to help Violet take care of Ethan." Melodi rolled her eyes. "I'm sorry for what I am about to say but we don't need extra help." Caleb said her name and glared at her when she made eye contact with him. Melodi felt her wolf fighting to come out and tell Caleb a few things that should not-no-could not be repeated.

"Well, I am only here to assist the pack doctor, and if she doesn't need my help, the I will leave, and if you think about it miss Melodi, the faster we help Ethan, the sooner I'll be gone, I can sense that you don't like me."

Oasis took over instantly and scoffed, "Yeah, I kind of made it obvious for a reason." She mumbled. Zaria gasped and Caleb said her name once again in his Alpha tone and started to walk towards her. But Brandon beat him to it, pulling Melodi from Ethan and walking her out the door.

Zaria started to apologize on the behalf of Melodi, and Caleb made a snide comment that made Oasis growl. She was hit with such an anger, that she could feel her fangs extending. She had to stay calm, but it was so hard with that stranger in the room.

She started to pace, breathe Melodi, remember what Ethan said. Stay away from living things and take deep breaths, you have this temper under control. "Hey." Brandon said softly and reached for Melodi, who was currently facing a wall.

She tensed up and her eyes turned a dark gold as she turned and flashed her fangs at Brandon, who pulled his hands back to his side. "Look, I know you don't like this guy, I don't either, but until Ethan opens his eyes, he is going to stay."

Melodi's breathing began to slow at every word, he was speaking so softly, as if he was speaking to a scared child. She felt her fangs go back into her gums and her eyes went back to their dark brown.

She sighed and looked over to Brandon. "Your right, we just need to wait it out." Brandon nodded and took her hand. "He will wake up and that man will leave."

Brandon nodded and we walked back into the room. When Melodi made eye contact with that freak, she gave him a smile. "I am truly sorry for the way I acted, it was childish and I will be eternally grateful when Ethan wakes up."

Desmond smiled at me and Melodi felt shivers, but she held them back. "That's quite alright darling, and I promise you, Ethan will be awake and in back to normal in no time."

And the only thing she could was nod. Violet came in the room at that moment and smiled at them all. "Good morning every one, Alpha." She bowed and Caleb nodded. She turned to Melodi and clapped her hands.

"Okay, so, it seems that we have made a slight breakthrough." Melodi's heart quickened. "It seems to the monitors that when you talk to him, his body reacts." She grabbed Ethan's hands and squeezed gently.

"So, if you tell him things, he will hear you and try to show us a way to let you know that he is still in there, and he seems to be getting better at it the more you all to him. It started off with a quickened pulse, then, a slight movement of the lungs, as if he is trying to take a deep breath."

Melodi stood shocked. "And just yesterday, his lips twitched when you laughed at something." Melodi raised an eyebrow. "He is progressing really fast and did you know I was laughing?"

Violet's cheeks turned pink. "The door was cracked, and I was about to go check on him." Melodi nodded. "Well, I guess this is really good news huh?" She looked at the others for confirmation. They all nodded.

Zaria had her eyes on Ethan the whole time. Melodi sat in the chair beside Ethan and kissed his cheeks. "We're going to make it E, I know it." She whispered the words, but she didn't promise him that she would be here, he might not be here when he wakes up.

Melodi have to get him out of here.

And fast, before this "assistant doctor" gets a chance to get in the room with Ethan.

Alone.

Caleb looked at his pone and cleared his throat. "I have to go pack." He said as he started for the door. "What?" Melodi jumped up and yelled. He stopped at the door and looked at her. "I have a meeting with a pack that wants to make an alliance, and it's nine hours away."

Melodi kept Ethan's hand in hers as they began to sweat. "How long are you going to be gone for?" He looked her in the eyes and said "Two days, and I will be back in the second day."

Melodi kept her eyes on him as he walked out of the door. Brandon sat in a chair in the corner. "Jace left a few minutes ago, so Paris is taking over the pack for the next two days."

Melodi nodded and plopped in a seat of her own. Desmond looked at Ethan and Violet's eyes widened as she pointed to a spot on Ethan. The room followed where her finger pointed. It was where our hands were intertwined.

He was gripping Melodi's hand back. She leaned toward him and whispered. "I'm right here Ethan, I know your trying, and I want you to keep going okay?" His hand was slowly losing his grip.

Melodi's heart was still at a quick pace. She kept her eyes on Ethan. Then, his hands went back to being limp. But Melodi wasn't disappointed. She kissed his cheek and whispered in his ear. "It's okay Ethan, when your ready, you'll wake up."

And it wasn't until she saw Desmond look at Ethan did Melodi realize that she was doing this plan all wrong, she was so far off the tracks that she didn't even see them anymore.

Melodi looked at Zaria and nodded. "I'll do it." She mouthed. Zaria smiled and nodded back. "Perfect." She whispered.

Melodi looked back down to Ethan's and her heart dropped. 'I will be back Ethan, I promise, I might not be here when you wake up, but I will be here when you are healed.'

But Melodi had a feeling that we when she does come back, things won't be the same.

___________________________

SOOOOO! We won our competition and cheerleading is now officially over! So I decided to post a chapter.

Can you believe Caleb is leaving her for two days?

And why did Melodi decide to go with Zaria?

What do you think will happen?

And we now get a name for the stranger that was in Ethan's memories.

I will post another chapter soon.

Love you all,

XOXOXOXOXO

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.2K 2.1K 41
COMPLETED **Second book in the Powerful But Broken trilogy** Can be read as a stand alone ------ I turn to see Tobias and Xander closer to the tree l...
499K 13.2K 31
When Aprils pack was attacked unexpectedly she is separated from her father, the alpha. Since she is only 5 she couldn't fight against these wolves...
887 4 25
During 3A: After Jackson leaves for France, During the 4 months before school, Liv, Isaac, Derek, and Peter have been looking for Erica and Boyd. The...
45 0 13
First novella I have written. Ciarra was raised as an only child by two doting parents, in small town Texas. Just graduating from college, she ha...