the good, the bad, and the di...

Por starryhearts

all she longed for was to be was part of the team. she deserved it, because she was an elemental master at th... Mais

welcome!!!
prologue
01 - reminisce and farewell
02 - the fight between y/n and a ninja
03 - elemental powers at battle
04 - lloyd bound
05 - welcomes
06 - the first of many
07 - suspicions
09 - bloody (good?) time
10 - partners?!?!
11 - on the run
12 - the grand prize
13 - rests and jests
14 - to fit or not to fit?
15 - blast from the past
16 - the next level
17 - sword fight
18 - the merciless sound
19 - risky road to recovery
20 - the first vision
21 - and so it begins...
22 - seconds
23 - breakthrough
24 - three in one
hi, important! please read!
you're gonna hate me but it needs to be done
hi again

08 - cookie crumble

1.4K 41 113
Por starryhearts

y/n's pov

the first week with the ninja flew by despite how incredibly slow and juicy my first day was. it was such a relief to have time finally catch up with me.

as i laid in my bed, i felt proud of myself. after i had seen myself in my gi, which, had fit me perfectly, i almost burst into tears.

"wow, y/n," nya had commented in awe. "you look amazing! the gray really suits you!"

"thanks, nya," i replied, smiling, as i stared at my reflection.

it was in that moment that i thought of sensei orion. i imagined him gazing at me with pride, imagined myself hugging him and telling him, "i did it." i imagined his wrinkled eyes narrowing with delight and his soft smile beaming from ear to ear.

i thought of my parents. even though back then i had no clue that i was the daughter of the first master of void, i always had them on my mind as the years went by. i told myself that day when i was six years old that everything i would do would be for my parents. to defend their name and to preserve their honor.

they would have been just as equally as proud of me. i knew that. i envisioned my mother, stroking the hair from the side of my ear with an enchanting grin, kissing my forehead and telling me she loved me. i imagined my father, embracing me with his loving arms, the ones that always felt like a safe haven for me. he would whisper that he always knew his little warrior would get so far.

with all of these whirlwinds of imagination flowing through my mind, my tears had brimmed gingerly at the bottom of my eyes. this was the point in time where i realized i needed to stick to my initial goal. no matter what came at me, i had to hundred percent commit to myself and this objective.

i knew i was deprived of many things. i guess that's the excuse i was giving myself for being involved in so many slip ups on my first day. looking back, that was really pathetic of me.

but now, i was going to try my best to not get distracted.

i was doing a good job so far. this past week, i had avoided lloyd at all costs. he would find ways to "casually" be alone with me in order to talk to me, but i would leave the room to hang out with nya as soon as possible. for some reason, there was just so much sexual energy whenever i was around him. mostly because he made it really clear he wanted to rearrange my guts. and maybe, just maybe i was curious to how it would be like. it took everything inside me to make sure the feeling seemed unreciprocated, despite what i thought of the crazy sexy green ninja. 

then there was kai. the dude tried to act subtle and pet named me for everything. i hated it. so i just made sure to say nothing and glare at him to imply i was not "digging" whatever he was doing. i don't think he ever got the memo because he would continue the next time we ran into each other. and it sure didn't help having nya whisper into his ear to inform him that i was into him, which, of course, was not true.

finally, there was jay. i didn't have to do much work there, because it seemed like he was the one who was evading me.

well, it's not like we had done much talking since i arrived anyway; but jay was barely ever in the same place at the same time. and when we were, he never spoke to me. the minimal interaction i received was a small smile whenever i managed to catch him glancing at me quickly. but even then, those were simple and mere.

cole's words rung at the back of my head. his estimate that jay would be a mess of feelings within a week was proving to be entirely false. it discouraged me at first, but i convinced myself it was better this way.

the moonshine was bright, the light masking my face with a glow. as i heard nya snore away, i gazed at the moon, admiring its beauty. i figured if i stared long enough, sleep would finally come over me.

my stomach rumbled loudly, disturbing me from the serenity i was forming with my mind. i cursed softly, as i peeled myself off the bed and tiptoed out to the kitchen.

maybe it was just the hunger that tortured me. 

i prayed no one would hear me, because i did not want to have my chances of sleep decrease any more than it already was.

third person pov

jay twisted and turned in his bed, unable to fall asleep. he hated this feeling. as he dreadfully basked in the sounds of snores from kai and the whirling of zane's gears, he heard the floor from nya and y/n's room creak maliciously.

tempted to get up to check out the noise, he stopped to evaluate the situation. maybe it was just nya doing some late night organizing. he knew his girlfriend was always productive; she hated wasting time, so whenever she could be up doing something, there she was. but jay specifically remembered the events of today's training--nya was extremely tired, so she must have been knocked out. 

that left jay to think of y/n. he felt relieved he could think about her freely, without anyone suspecting a thing about it. although he took cole's advice to mind his business, he couldn't help but ponder about her all the time. he wished he could just talk to her, but circumstances never allowed it. 

so when something inside of him urged him to go investigate the origin of the creaking, he hesitantly arose from his bed at the top bunk. 

he opened the door to kai's, zane's, and his bedroom slowly, peeking his head out first to scan his surroundings. the faint light of the fridge caught his eye, so quietly, he went in the direction of the kitchen. 

his heart skipped various beats when he laid eyes on y/n, munching silently on a chocolate chip cookie. he felt his whole body become packed with nerves, just as she glanced up at him. 

y/n was startled at the sight of him too, jumping and eyes widening simultaneously. she couldn't find the will to swallow her cookie crumbles that rested in her mouth. 

"hi j-jay," she greeted with her mouth full, placing a hand over it. 

"h-hi, y/n," answered the timid boy softly. 

the two exes stared at one another in silence, too stunned to say a word. 

y/n couldn't believe out of everyone here, he had been the one to resurface into the kitchen. 

jay was having a hard time collecting himself together from the inside. he was finally here, in her presence, just them two, after wishing he could be. 

after a couple seconds went by, y/n gulped down the remaining cookie crumbs and cleared her throat. she brought the box of cookies and displayed it in front of jay. 

"you want one?" 

taken out from the trance, jay blinked back to normal and addressed y/n. 

"s-sure."

he reached for the box y/n had set on the counter, reluctantly slipping a chocolate chip from the box. he took a bite, feeling as y/n was watching him intently. 

"so," y/n finally said, dropping her gaze. "how are you doing? i feel like i haven't talked to you since i first got here." 

she had mustered so much courage to compose those words. she inhaled a shaky breath and exhaled a much more calmer one. she was attempting to not beat herself up for talking to her ex boyfriend. no, more like asking something she had been wondering to herself that she never thought she would get to ask him directly. 

"i-i know, i'm sorry," jay began. "i've just been pretty busy, you know? focusing on training and what not." 

y/n grinned shyly. "yeah, totally." 

"what about you? h-how are you liking the team?" 

"it's great. not as structured as i thought, but it's great." 

jay laughed. "yeah, we aren't as cool as we seem."

"i mean mostly everyone is, don't get me wrong," y/n continued the conversation, a lot more calm. she also sensed the vibe from jay, giving her more confidence. "but kai is honestly something else. has he always been this arrogant?"

his heart dropped for a hot sec at the mention of kai. was it a pang of jealousy? jay hoped it wasn't, but deep down he knew it had to be. he forced a chuckle, feeling envious y/n took notice of his personality. 

"kai is kai," jay replied, shaking his head. "he thinks being over the top self-assertive is attractive but in reality, i think it's kinda dumb." 

y/n smiled cheekily. she thought jay giving his perspective on kai's ways was adorable, only because his style was the complete opposite. 

jay noticed her smile, feeling his heart glow with warmth. he didn't even try to conceal the fact because the radiance was overwhelming. 

"what's so funny?"

"nothing. i think it's kinda admirable that you disapprove of kai's ways, that's all." 

y/n placed her hand inside the box of cookies, which just happened to be at the exact same moment jay did, too. their fingers touched, hovering just above the box's opening. 

with the contact of his fingers, she felt a rush of electricity course through her entire body. it was a sensation she hadn't felt in two years, one she had forgotten all about. 

when he felt her touch,  jay was electrified with adrenaline. his heart was pounding, almost as if it was about to rip away from his chest. he looked up to meet her pretty e/c eyes, unable to move. 

upon the gaze of his electric blue eyes, she could feel her insides dance with vibrance. as much as the voices of her heart and mind longed for this moment to last, she blinked and regained her sense of reality. 

"i'm so s-sorry," y/n mumbled, licking her lips. "y-you can go first." 

"no." 

jay grabbed her hand again, this time intertwining them together. she was bombarded with a lot more electrical currents, causing her heart to beat rapidly. he stared pleadingly at her eyes with so much intensity, y/n couldn't helped but feel enchanted. 

"did you feel that? t-that's the literal spark we have together, y/n," jay professed, his gaze never ripping off her. "i-i was trying so hard to avoid this feeling i had when you got here but i come to realize that our time isn't over. w-we can be in love all over again, y/n." 

"w-we can't," y/n croaked, swallowing in fear. she was trying so hard to shut out everything that was telling her that this was right. 

"w-why not?!" 

"you are dating nya, for crying out loud, jay! i-i don't want to be the reason you break her heart." 

"i'll end it."

"that's not the point!"

"then what is it, y/n?!" 

"i..." her voiced trailed off momentarily, reaching a cliff. she saw two choices here. to fall the cliff, and leave jay with the ultimate cliff hanger. or b, to collect herself together and be firm in her choice. 

"i just don't feel the same way." 

and with that, y/n walked away, leaving jay with a crumbled cookie in hand, and a crumbled heart inside. 

she was trying to convince herself that this was the absolute best thing. she had to remain focused, for the sake of her sensei, parents, and self, even though she had to lie about her feelings for the blue ninja. 

neither of them slept that night. how could they after what was said, done, and felt? they were too busy replaying the moment over and over, hour after hour. 

 it was until the sunlight blared through their rooms that they both realized what they had done. 

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

36.7K 1.7K 38
Ninjago Series » Book 1 The Ninja hadn't quite made a name for themselves yet, as Garmadon was waiting to make his move. But the Serpentine are emerg...
42.6K 895 30
(Tw- Language) •☆ "I will always love you... No matter what, Lloyd. But promise me that you will protect Ninjago and our friends." "I promise..."☆• ☆...
1.3M 34.4K 56
[being rewritten for the 1938473th time] If it was up to Y/n L/n, she would read the summer away, lost in history books and adventure novels, findin...
224 6 5
TW: Blatant homophobia, swearing, death,and more serious topics. Also, please bear with me, that I have no idea how pirate ships work! And looking up...