Her sweet girl

By Sirsell

On one of those incredibly cold December days, where you just want to get home, curl up under a blanket with... More

The story of us
Cast
Aesthetics
Epigraph
Prologue
Under a streetlight
Barefoot in the kitchen
Peter losing Wendy
Gotta call my friends
The best day
Car ride home
These pretty things
Sweet dreams of holly and ribbon
To you everything is funny
There's glitter on the floor
You go to class
Out of the woods
Staring at the sunset
What a marvelous time
It's miserable and magical, oh yeah
Just stay this little
Boy, I fancy you
And now I love high tea
Soon enough you're best friends
...Ready for it?
It feels like a perfect night
With a big cake, happy birthday
Things that only Carolina will ever know
I dont need your closure
IMPORTANT
Hey

Evertime you smile, I smile

2.3K 51 2
By Sirsell

Taylor P.o.V.
December 2016

Emilie was fast asleep the time we reached the big store. So I just went in and picked up some books before going back to the car quickly.

It was around 2pm when we reached our apartment. Luckily my bodyguards helped me to carry all the stuff upstairs and taking the old furniture out of Emilies room while I put Emilie down on my bed.

"Thank you for helping me." I said and gave the two man a smile.
"No problem." One of the two said before they left.

I closed the door behind them and went to check on Emilie, who was still sleeping soundly on my bed.

So I left her to sleep and started to prepare lunch.After looking at everything we had in the fridge I decided on making grilled cheese sandwiches. It was quick and pretty easy to make.

After the toast were finished I went back to Emilies Room. "Emilie. Wake up sweet girl. Lunch is ready." The small blonde toddler sat up and rubbed her sparkling blue eyes.

"Taylor?" Her voice sounded sleepy and she looked around. "Yeah baby. I made lunch come on." She nodded and made her way out of the bed.

She followed me into the kitchen and sat down at the table."There you go." I sat a plate in front of her and set one down for myself.

I started to eat and so did Emilie. She didn't speak and just nibbled on her sandwich.

"Don't you like it?" I asked her but she just nodded. "No it's good. 'm just still sleepy." She answered and I gave her a smile.

"Okay. Do you want to paint your room today though?" I asked and she nodded.
"Yeah I'd like that." We finished our lunch and she helped me clean up the table.

"Let's go paint the walls in your room. Then we'll finish doing everything tomorrow and you can sleep in my bed today."

She gave me a look I couldn't decipher before nodding. "Kay." We went to her room that now was looking pretty plain.

"Where's the bed?" Her little blue eyes wandered over the room searching for a sign of the furniture.

"It's outside already so we can start faster." I explained while already masking the light switch and the plug socket with tape.

"Why are you doing this?" Emilie looked at me she was scrunching her nose and looked concentrated.
"So it'll be easier to clean them up when the paint dried."

I finished and turned to Emilie who looked at me with those beautiful blue eyes.

"So first thing is to paint the blue walls white." I looked at the toddler and realized we should probably to something that could get dirty.
In my room I changed to some old clothes of mine and came back with one of my shirts that already was big on me. For the small four year old it would be like a dress.

"Please change into this. So your pretty clothes won't get dirty." She nodded and changed before coming back.
I had already opened the white color and started to stir it.

Emilie started to paint on the light blue wall as she was so small she only reached like the lower third of the wall and that only if she made herself tall and stood on her tiptoes.

I was doing the dark blue wall. We had turned up some music and were listening to random songs.

I was finished before Emilie as I had a little more experience, so I went over to her wall and started to do the upper part of the wall on the parts she had already finished.

"Now why those walls dry we can start painting to do the other two walls." Together we marked a line around Emilies height that was the border between the two pink shades. The darker one was for the lower part of the room and the lighter one on the upper part of the wall.

Just like before Emilie painted the lower part of the walls while I painted the upper parts. All went well with the first wall but then shortly after we started the second wall Emilie accidentally splashed some color on me.

"I'm sorry." She immediately said but I was laughing and splashed some color on her.

So she did it again. The paint war we lead took as whole twenty minutes and both of us looked like we jumped into a bathtub full of pink and white color.
"I need a picture." I told her laughing and, after I wiped my hand a little, took my phone out.

"Smile." She giggled and I took the picture of us."Look how adorable." She gave me a thumbs up still giggling.
"Let's finish this painting so we can shower."

"Yeah." Luckily the two other walls had already dried and we could paint them as well.

When we walked out of the room around 8pm all four walls were colored and we were tired.

"I think we both need to shower or bath." I told her and she nodded.
"I'm gonna run you a bath and you can clean your body while I take a shower in my bathroom, when I'm back I'll help you with her hair."

"Kay." After I put Emilie into the bathtub I quickly took a shower. The water was turning pink due to all the color.

When I went back to Emilie she was still sitting there and playing with one of the rubber ducks. Apart of her hair she looked really clean and even her hair looked a lot better than before.

It didn't take long to get the last rests of paint out of her hair so soon enough the two of us were sitting on the couch with towels on her head after calling a pizza delivery service.

"Today was fun." Emilie suddenly said and I turned my head to the little girl that was sitting next to me her little head on my shoulder.

She gave me a big toothy smile and I smiled back. Seeing her so happy made me feel happy as well. It was the best feeling knowing that your little girl was happy and safe.

The pizza came and after dinner the two of us went to bed, as tomorrow meant building up a lot of furniture. What Emilie didn't know is that I had called Austin to help us with it.

While we were eating breakfast the bell rang and I opened the door. My little brother was standing outside with a big goofy smile.

"Hey." I hugged him and he hugged me back. "Hey Teffy." I pulled back smiling at him.

"You know as much as I like seeing you I'm here to meet my niece." Austin looked behind me but couldn't find Emilie, while I started out laughing.
"She's eating breakfast." Austin followed me to the kitchen were the four year old was still eating her toast.

"Emilie this is your uncle Austin. Austin this is Emilie." Emilies eyes wandered over Austin before looking back at his face. She gave him a little wave.

"Hey princess. You're even more adorable than Taylor said." He said the absolutely right thing cause Emilie started giggling.

"Austin is here to help us putting up your furniture." She nodded and went back to finish her toast.

After Emilie had finished her breakfast we went to Emilies room. "Did you guys do the walls? It looks good." Austin asked Emilie who nodded proudly. The walls we had finished yesterday looked great.

I pulled my phone ans showed Austin the picture we had taken. "I knew that something like that happened. It always happens when you try to paint a wall." He said laughing and I started laughing as well.

"Anyways let's start putting this furniture up." While Emilie was sitting on the floor looking at us Austin and I build her bed. When we asked for something she'd immediately jump up and get us whatever it was.

After the bed was done she climbed up and looked at us. "Thanks. But I wanted to help." She pouted a little bit making me and Austin laugh.

"You can help me with the toy box." Austin said and she nodded.

The two of them set down and started building the toy box while I tried to build up the book shelf on my own. Tried is the right word, cause you need at least four hands to build this. So when I saw that they were finished I spoke up.

"Austin. Can you help me real quick." I asked him. He looked up and started laughing.

"Couldn't you wait till we were finished?" But he got up and helped me finishing the shelf. "Thanks." I said to my still laughing brother.
"Only the dresser is left right?" He asked and I gave him a cheeky grin. "Maybe."

We finished the dresser and I asked Emilie to put away her clothes. She nodded and immediately got to work. While Emily was busy I showed Austin another cartoon with something that needed to be build up.

"You bought her a cafe?" He was right. I bought a play cafe, like those play shops or kitchens just a cafe in this case.

"Yeah." He sighed and helped me building up. Emilie was finished before us so she watched what we were doing.
"What's that?" "You'll see." I answered and heard her groan.

"It's a cafe?" She asked her little voice shaking a little. "Yes." I picked her up looking around the room. The only things that we needed to finish was some decorations and the cleaning up.

"Teffy. I'll go now. It's almost lunch time and I kinda have a lunch date." Austin said and I raised my eyebrows at him.
"Okay. I hope she's nice." I said giving him a small smirk.

"Bye." He hugged me, before turning to the little girl on my arm.
"Bye princess. It was nice to meet you." She smiled and nodded. "Bye uncle Austin." He smiled back and left.
"Are you hungry?" I aked the toddler and she nodded.

"Would cereal be okay?"
"Yeah." So in the kitchen we set down and ate cereal. Emilie showed a slight obsession with the cocoa puffs, so I made a mental note to buy them again.

"We still need to finish a little bit in your room." I told her.

"Yeah I know." Together we set up a little tipi with lights, made her bed, set some decor pillows around and the books she already owned into the shelves, the books I had bought yesterday also found there way on the shelves without her noticing. "I think we're finished." She said and I shook my head.

"One more thing." I showed her stickers of stars and fairies that would glow up in the dark.

"You can put them on the wall." Her eyes went big."Its like Tinkerbell." She squealed and I nodded smiling.

I helped her to put out all the stickers on the wall and after she finished she looked around proudly. "You like it?"

Her little arms wrapped my legs and she looked up at me.
"Thanks Taylor. It's so beautiful."
--------------------
1885 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.9K 895 11
~TRIGGER WARNING~ this story does include self harm, so if you are sensitive, please do not read. A fifteen year old girl with a scratched up past so...
127K 3.2K 21
Gloria Winters was just your typical 16 year old girl. She had it all...a loving family, beauty and popularity but that was all turned upside down wh...
115K 2.5K 101
14 years old girl living with her foster parent but they never cared for her once. She was force to be grown at such young age. She has given up the...
47.1K 811 91
Okay i got this story from @musicgirl200. Niall felt lonely when he was on tour with the others, and he heads to the local orphanage to adopt the cut...