The Turnabout of Hope Book 1:...

By DreamersWriters

Phoenix Wright becomes a defense attorney and finds himself in the most intense yet completely strange cases... More

Notes for this Story
Chapter 1: My First Trial
Chapter 2: The Intern
Chapter 3: Prosecutor Miles Edgeworth
Chapter 4: Turnabout of Sweets and Self-Love
Chapter 5: Think About the Past
Chapter 6: About the Past
Chapter 7: Turnabout Von Karma Truth Part 1
Chapter 8: The Von Karma Truth Part 2
Chapter 9: The Von Karma Truth Part 3
Chapter 10: A Mystic Introduction
Chapter 11: Two Sides
Chapter 12: A Deceased and A Spy
Chapter 13: Fey Family Fault
Chapter 14: The Interpol Case
Chapter 15: Escaping Evil Clutches
Chapter 16: The Turnabout of Saving!
Chapter 17: Returning Home
Chapter 18: Calling a Friend and Foe
Chapter 19: Discovering the Truth
Chapter 20: Turnabout of Points!
Chapter 21: Saying Goodbye to the Past and Hello to the Future
Thank You!
Chapter 22: The Chief Calls for Help
Chapter 23: Investigating a Corrupt Crime Scene
Chapter 24: The Turnabout of Real Truth!
Chapter 25: The Turnabout Terror and Demon Prosecutor's Victory
Chapter 26: Back to Work, With a Side of Justice!
Chapter 28: The Turnabout of Wishes!
Chapter 29: Learning from the Best, Right? Wright?
Chapter 30: Even a Small Case is a Case
Chapter 31: The Turnabout of Plunders!
Chapter 32: Athena Cykes is Ready to Go!
Chapter 33: Cooking Up Disasters
-Thank You Again!-
Chapter 34: The Turnabout of Feasts!
Chapter 35: Too Many Invitations
Chapter 36: A Dance to NOT Forget!
Chapter 37: Magic is in the Air!
Chapter 38: The Ball Transforms
Chapter 39: The Turnabout of New Truth!
Chapter 40: A Serene Ending
Epilogue: A Puzzling Foe
Bonus Chapter 1: Nightlife Freunds on New Years!
Bonus Chapter 2: Be A Girl, Pastel Heroines!
Bonus Chapter 3: Apollo and Athena Finally Get Together!
Bonus Chapter 4: A Christmas Exchange
Author's Note

Chapter 27: Unexpected but Expected

25 0 0
By DreamersWriters

(Apollo and Makoto team up! Though, out of all the Ace Attorney games, I am really surprised Phoenix has only been charged with murder twice. No one will ever beat Maya though! That being said, I really wanted to write a trial for Makoto, and I am so glad I could! Enjoy!)

(Apollo's POV)

Wright and Co Law Offices, Main Lobby

June 18th, 8:00 AM

                        I was already at the office. I decided to get here early considering Mr. Wright has to take care of Trucy and Makoto and Maya have school. I took a nice sip of my coffee as I looked over the case files. I can't believe the Acting Chief Prosecutor is being this nitpicking with these files, but I understand why. His father was lost to the First Dark Age of Law and they lost their bosses to it as well. Hm, maybe I am overthinking things, but I wonder if there is a reason Mr. Wright and Mr. Edgeworth want to double check these files. Nope, I'm overthinking this.

"Apollo!" Trucy and Makoto shouted as they rushed into the office.

That's unexpected. Those two should be in school. Did something happen?

"What's wrong?" I asked them worriedly.

"There's no time! We need to go!" Trucy said seriously as she pulled us after her.

Something happened, but I don't know what that is. We were heading towards the Detention Center.

Detention Center, Visitor's Room

June 18th, 8:12 AM

"MR. WRIGHT?!" I shouted loudly in complete disbelief.

"How did this happen?" Makoto asked nervously as we looked at our boss behind bars!

"Ah, don't worry. This is actually the second time I've been in jail. Nothing to worry about. Oh, and I'm innocent. I just happened to be there at the wrong time" Mr. Wright said in an oddly calm manner.

"Sigh, you worried Uncle Edgeworth! He was making phone calls!" Trucy said seriously as she crossed her arms over her chest in a disapproving manner.

"Sorry about that, Trucy. At least he took care of you, so I'm not worried" Mr. Wright said in relief, "Also, I have two great lawyers who are ready to go and take my case"

Apollo and I shouted in complete disbelief as Mr. Wright held a smile on his face. This was not how I thought my first case would be.

"Makoto can be the lead lawyer while Apollo watches and learn from the luckiest lawyer we have! Also, don't worry about the prosecution, according to Miles, he said he's already picked him and his partner" Mr. Wright reassured us.

I honestly don't know how to feel that my boss is arrested for a crime and that the Acting Chief Prosecutor is helping him. Wait, what crime is our boss charged with?

"Ah, right. It's murder again" Mr. Wright said so calmly.

"Murder!?" Makoto and I exclaimed.

"Again?" Trucy asked with a head tilt.

"I'll tell you about that case another day. For now, you have to head to People's Park and get ready to investigate it. Also, please take Trucy with you. Miles already told the school she wouldn't be coming in today, so someone has to watch her" Mr. Wright explained as I just kind of gave up at this point.

I sighed as Trucy nodded her head.

"Alright then! Don't worry about us, daddy. We'll solve the case and get you out of there as soon as we can!" Trucy said determinedly as her hands on her hips.

Well, she's not wrong. We have to solve the case if we all want to keep our jobs. Makoto nodded his head.

"Alright, we'll get right on it, Mr. Wright" Makoto said with a nod of his head as he then turned to us, "Now, let's go"

We left Mr. Wright as we searched for the evidence and clues about this case.

(Makoto's POV)

People's Park, Crime Scene

June 18th, 8:49 AM

And now, we are investigating the scene of the crime. Huh, after seeing a lot of crime scenes, you really do get used to the site of blood. I don't think that's a good thing.

"Wow! So much blood!" Trucy said in awe.

I completely forget about her being here! Should she be here?!

"Uh, Trucy, why don't you go back to the Acting Chief Prosecutor's office? This isn't a bit much for you?" Apollo suggested to her.

"Why? It is just blood. The body was taken away, so I have nothing to worry about" Trucy said calmly as she looked at the crime scene.

Apollo and I shared a look of concern. We know we should be used to seeing blood and terrible, awful crime scenes. Trucy should not be ok with this! She's very calm about this! Did Mr. Wright show her dead bodies and blood of the crime scenes?! That's not right of a father!

"Ah, I should've expected to see you two here. Nice to see you again, and personally, I am grateful that it is you who has taken case" Kyoko said with a soft smile.

"Hello Kyoko! It is nice to see you again!" I said with a grin, "I'm surprised you're out of school though! Did the Acting Chief of Police let you out?"

"In a sense. I'm actually in charge. The school has allowed me to rest and take some time off to help out with the cases. Also, I have a new partner besides Detective Gumshoes who will be permanently working with us" Kyoko said as she stepped aside.

I gasped in delight as Trucy ran over to her. It was the Forensic Expert Ema Skye! She's here!

"Ah! If it isn't my favorite magician! Hey everyone, I'm here to stay and help out Mr. Wright and Mr. Edgeworth. If you need anything, I'm here. Though, I'm not supposed to give you anything too helpful. This stupid fop is in charge of the case and taking an assistant as well" Ema said with a nod of her head as she opened her bag of snacks.

Fop? I wonder who she's talking about it. Well, regardless, we have work to do.

"Ok, let's go, Apollo. I have to show you how to find the truth in the evidence and save our boss" I said as I looked at the scene of the crime, "So, who was the victim?"

"It appears that it was Lotta Heart. She was a reporter covering the local news. We don't know the reason why she was here" Kyoko answered as she stepped to my side, "I should let you know that your boss picked up the gun. The gun used to kill the victim"

Of course, it is. Just my luck.

"Did you get any of her belongings? Did anything come up with them?" I asked her.

"Yes. She had a note asking to come here and gather information about someone by the letter. We know that isn't right considering he was having a nice meal with us" Kyoko informed, "She was facing away when she was shot"

That's interesting.

"Wait, she's a reporter. Did she have a camera?" I asked Kyoko.

"She did. Ema will look into it at her lab" she reassured me.

Hm, but what else? The scene seems pretty clear. However, we all know that Mr. Wright would never kill anyone, so what are we missing?

"Ah! Perhaps my detective skills could come in handy!" a loud voice shouted as someone ran pass us.

I took a step back as Kyoko instinctively stood in front of us.

"Who are you, mister?" Trucy asked loudly as she stood beside me.

He was a strange gentleman. He had spiky, yellow hair flowing to one side of his face. He had one monocle on his right eye. He wore a black suit with a large ruby bowtie and handkerchief. He had white gloves on too. He looked pretty tall, I guess. There is just something about him that doesn't seem right to me.

"Ah, you're the Ace Dunce that keeps interfering with the police from time to time. What do you want to bother with us today?" Kyoko asked annoyed as she crossed her arms over her chest and faced him.

I get the feeling Kyoko doesn't like the common folk interfering with her work.

"Come now, Miss Kirigiri, do I, Private Detective Luke Atmey, really bother you so much? I am here to solve a crime!" he shouted dramatically.

"A private detective? I haven't heard of that since.... I believe Sherlock Holmes" Apollo said as he pondered on this.

"I believe you mean Herlock Sholmes" Ema stated, "I had to study about him. Although at the time, he was ridiculed for his advancements in science, he was able to help form the Galar Yard and make a breakthrough forensic science. He was a private detective and worked with a certain defense attorney from Nihon. He was able to change up the laws and make sure it was fair to everyone'

This is something. I didn't think I would learn this much about the detective. Kyoko pondered on something as she faced him.

"Very well. If you really do have evidence, we would like to see it. I don't need to remind you of what happened last time you withheld evidence from me, do I?" Kyoko threatened seriously.

"Ah, very well. Yes. Come with me" he said unnerved as we went to the private detective's building.

"Ema please go back to the lab. Look at the camera" Kyoko ordered as we left with detective.

Private Detective Luke Atmey's Building, Lobby

June 18th, 9:36 AM

I guess this is a room of a private detective. His room was fancy and had a table with white cloth and tea on it. He had two chairs at it. He had a marble fireplace and wooden floors.

"Do make yourself at home. I'll present the evidence shortly" he said as he left us alone.

It was quiet for a moment as Kyoko looked around for a moment.

"Search this place" she said simply.

"What? Don't we need a warrant?" I asked nervously.

"Not when he's obviously lying" Apollo said as he gripped his wrist which held that bracelet.

"Ah, so that's why Mr. Wright hired you. Yes. He's lying and hiding evidence. He's done it before. Search this place for anything out of the ordinary" Kyoko said seriously.

Well, we began to look around for anything odd as the detective was about to return!

"We didn't find anything! What do we do?" Apollo asked worriedly.

I gasped as I looked at Trucy.

"We can keep him talking. Trucy can turn herself invisible and keep looking!" I said as I kneeled before her, "Keep looking ok? We'll keep him talking"

"Got it! Dimere!" Trucy shouted as she gripped that white stone of hers and vanished from site.

Apollo and Kyoko were surprised until they heard the detective comes in. We remained calm as we turned our attention to him.

(Trucy's POV)

Well, Maka was smart enough to remember my special abilities. I quietly looked around the office as that weird detective placed a bag on the table.

"Well, I only found two things of importance. One item I recovered is just a bloody business card" he said as he handed it to Kyo.

I walked to the bookshelves and searched for something odd, but I couldn't find anything! Ugh! This is so frustrating! Hm, this guy is pretending be a detective, so he would try and hide stuff. I walked to the other end of the room and went to his desk. I opened the drawers quietly as I saw something odd. There was a card with something written on it, a bloody ring, and a ripped up sleeve. I carefully took it out and then quietly stood behind Polly.

"As for the last item, it was that dumb attorney's badge! How careless of him to leave it there" he laughed rudely.

He's lucky I didn't bring my ignaize stone! No one talks bad about my daddy and gets away with it! I felt Polly reach for my hand and calm me down. Huh. Odd. His hand feels like my old mama's... I wonder why...

"Well, I'm grateful you decided to hand over the evidence this time" Kyo said seriously as she gathered it, "Now, leave us be. We will return back to our respective work cases. Please stand by in case we need you to testify about the case in court"

"But of course, Miss Kirigiri. I cannot wait to help you out more!" he said dramatically as he took her hand in his and tried to give it a kiss.

"Ah! That's enough! We are busy, so please, leave us be!" Maka said as he took Kyo's hand before that weird man could give her a kiss.

We then left the building as he asked, "Wasn't there a little girl with you? I don't see her with you"

Polly and Maka gasped as Kyo remained calm.

"She went with my forensic scientist. After all, she is still young and trying to practice her magic" Kyo said calmly.

"Ah, makes sense. Well, I'll see you at court at a later date. Farewell, Miss Kyoko" he said as he closed the doors to his office.

We walked away until we were out of his site.

"Dimere!" I shouted in delight as I appeared with the evidence, "The Magical Girl Trucy is here with the evidence!"

I gave them the ripped up sleeve and the bloody ring, but I kept the strange card to myself. There is something about it that unsettles me. Maka, Kyo, and Polly looked over it quietly and knew that he was the bad guy!

"We've got the evidence we need to put him on the stand. Now, you two need to prepare for the trial tomorrow" Kyo said seriously.

"I agree" Maka replied, "Apollo court will be early morning at around 9:00 AM. Can you take Trucy to Acting Chief Prosecutor's home? I'll go over the evidence, but I am sure we've got this"

With that, Polly nodded his head and then took me to Uncle Edgeworth's place, so I could rest for the night and help them tomorrow at court. However, as I was about to sleep, something bothered me about all of this. Why would someone want to hurt my daddy? What did he do?

(Phoenix's POV)

Detention Center, Visitor's Room

June 18th, 8:30 PM

"And here I was worried that my message didn't go through. Nice to see you here, Acting Chief Prosecutor Miles Edgeworth" I greeted with a fake formal bow to him.

"Please stop it. You've caused enough worry for your employees, your daughter, and the law in general" he said with a sigh as he sat across from me, "As well as me. Are you alright, Phoenix?"

Miles looked really worried. Ok, I guess I shouldn't have made light of the situation, but it wasn't as bad as the first time I was arrested.

"Yes, I'm fine. I know Makoto and Apollo can get me out of here. I know Trucy is safe at your place as well" I reassured him as I then became serious, "However, there is a reason I called you here"

I took out a card from my pocket and showed it to him.

"I think we both know what this card means" I said calmly as Miles adjusted his glasses.

"The Assassin's card! The last member of the First Dark Age of Law was said to be an assassin! He's targeting you!" Miles exclaimed as he looked at the card.

The card was mainly white except for the pink shell on it. When we were still kids, Larry, Iris, Dahlia, Miles and I heard about the Assassin who left shell cards to either the person he killed or was about to kill. Mentions of the assassin did come up in our bosses' notes.

"I don't think so. If he wanted to kill me, he had a good chance that night. He didn't though" I said as I pondered something, "I think he's testing us"

"Testing us? Why?" Miles asked surprised.

"I can't put my finger on it, but I know something is up with this assassin. He's just watching us" I explained to him, "I don't think he'll go after anyone I care about"

Miles closed his eyes as he agreed, "You're right. If he really wanted to harm you, he had the chance back then. You were separated from Trucy and me. Very well. I trust you for now. But the moment things get dangerous, I will pull some string and ensure our safety, understand, Wright?"

He gave me that icy cold glare of his and said my last name. He's serious about this.

"Right, I agree. Well, how are the kids?" I asked him calmly and hoping to change the subject.

"They are fine. I'll make sure they are safe" he said calmly as he leaned his head against the glass, "Please be safe, Phoenix"

I leaned my head against the glass, smiled, and reassured in a gentle voice, "I will. Stay safe, my love"

With that, I saw Miles leave me in the center with a calm smile. I smiled to myself as I nodded my head. Time to smile and focus on the brightest moments in our lives and what is yet to come. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

556 16 24
This is the story of Ryan Kagura, a brand new defense attorney who joins Wright & Co. Law Offices during a case. And right after that he learns how t...
2.8K 97 38
Piper Edgeworth is a fifteen-year-old girl, as well as the daughter of famous prosecutor, Miles Edgeworth. Ever since Phoenix Wright helped her fathe...
5.4K 58 32
I'm a fan of Ace Attorney and this is my first fanfic so it will most likely suck, also characters and ace attorney are not owned by me but are owned...
5K 177 18
Turnabout Trump ends differently- Phoenix is declared Not Guilty, but Apollo is unable to connect Kristoph to Shadi's murder. This story tells a new...