By The Beach ✔

By ashleyforesterbooks

Sunny skies, luxurious hotel rooms, and nice beaches. Welcome to Florida. College student Lily is in for the... More

INFORMATION:
REVIEWS+OTHER BOOKS TO CHECK OUT:
Cast + New Trailer:
Aesthetics:
A/N: First Place Winner of the Spotlights Awards!
Soundtrack:
🏖️ Florida Heat⬇️✔️ Complete
Part 1. The Sunshine State
Part 2. All Dressed Up
Part 3. Doug's Friends
Deleted Scene #1: Rewrite the Stars
Part 4. Beachin'
Part 5. Wipe Out
Deleted Scene #2: Surf-Off
Part 6. Hard Rock
Part 7. Burgers and Beer
Part 8. Girl Power
Part 9. Night Out
Part 10. Ditched
Part 11. Not a Dream
Part 12. Tricked
Part 13. Am I Ready?
Part 14. Date
Part 15. Volleyball Anyone?
Part 16. Pontoon
Part 17. Exes and Summer Flings
Part 19. Falling In, Again
Part 20. Cops
Part 21. You and Me
Part 22. Snopping Cousin
Part 23. Findings
Part 24. Victoria's Not-So-Secret
Part 25. Kiss Me
Part 26. Not a Novel
Part 27. Surfing Contest
Part 28. And the Winners Are ...
Part 29. Doubt in my Mind
Part 30. Heartbreak Hotel
Part 31. Just Perfect
Part 32. Talking
Part 33. Old and New
Part 34. Endings are Tough
EPILOGUE:
One year!!!
A/N: Covid

Part 18. Hope

249 6 0
By ashleyforesterbooks

FORMER BEAU ON THE LOOSE, A HOPEFUL NEW BEAU IN THE same hotel as me, and insane cousins having fun. What a vacation this is turning out to be.

I shook my head as I walked down the hall holding a chocolate cake in my hand; I turned the corner and took a breath as I knocked on the door. I waited for a moment until I heard a mumbled "I'm coming" from the inside and the door opened.

Again, I crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow "I say, yet again, I hope you don't meet everyone at the door like this" I said, motioning to his half-naked body, he looked like his face was turning a red shade.

Were those the same blue undies I had found in his drawer? I thought, almost laughing as he stood there looking bashful.

"I don't. Not meaning to sound rude but, what do you want?" he said as he left the door open and went inside the hotel room to change. I hesitated before stepping in and closing the door behind me. He walked into the bathroom with a pair of jeans.

I looked at the cafe bag in my hand and then around the hotel room "Well, I got you a cake for helping me and Dini last night, you know for running off Will" I told him, looking in his dresser mirror at myself to make sure I didn't look like I had just rolled out of bed: which was kind of what I had done.

As soon as I woke up I had brushed my hair and ran down to the cafe to grab a piece of cake for the guy, maybe I should have changed out of my Bugs Bunny shorts and Tweety-Bird tank. I was wearing the blue jean jacket he had left last night.

Hey, might as well wear it until I give it back in a minute, right?

Unfortunately, while I was looking in the mirror, I had a good view of the half-shut bathroom door and could see Sawyer brushing his hair pulling it back, his muscles flexed as he pulled at his hair, which I didn't really mind to watch.

Standing there looking through the mirror and watching Sawyer through the mirror made my heart race as I watched him in silence, holy crap he was handsome. When he turned around though I was quick to act like I was looking at a picture laid out on his desk, plus make sure I wasn't drooling over him, but the picture honestly did catch my eye.

It was of a blonde woman holding a baby in her arms. I frowned as I looked at the picture, she was a beautiful lady and the kid was cute.

That's when it hit me. Oh God, he's married! I thought and turned around to find Sawyer leaning in the bathroom doorway smirking at me.

"Did you enjoy the view?"

I just stared at him "What?" I said in confusion. He pointed at the mirror than at the bathroom, I tucked hair behind my ear in embarrassment "Oh, yeah. You look, uh, good" I scratched the back of my neck as I held out the bag.

"You didn't have to, you know. I would happily defend you any day" he told me as he slowly took the bag, brushing his hand against mine. I pulled my hand back and shrugged as I looked at the ground.

"Thank you, but I had to give something as a thank you for last night. You saved me and Dinah from the asshole of hearts" I told him, biting my lip trying to take off the blue jean jacket of his.

Sawyer put his hands on my shoulders catching my attention and making me look up at him, he was grinning as he helped to put the jacket back up my arms. "Keep it. It looks better on you" he said as he looked down at my face and frowned "Lily, don't ever feel like you need to repay me for something I did to protect you. I know you can handle yourself but, I wanted to do that."

My heart did flips in my chest as we stared at each other, I gulped as my eyes looked over his face. I closed my eyes for a second "I just felt like I needed to-" he rolled his eyes and cut me off. Not with words, no.

With his lips.

It was like a magnet that was connecting me and him together at this moment, the way his hands traveled from my shoulders to my waist, how my arms wound up at his neck, and the bag had fallen to the ground.

Was this a better thank you than the cake? Or what? I thought as he broke the kiss, my hands on his chest as I just looked up at him wide-eyed and breathless.

His eyes looked over my face as he gulped and pressed his head to mine "Would you like to stay?" he asked, his voice a little deep.

Say yes, my inner person told me as I looked up at him, I shook my head and pulled away from him with a sigh.

"I got to get ready for going out with Dini and the guys. We can talk later tonight, maybe even ditch them" I told him, remembering about his idea of ditching them there in the first place.

He nodded eagerly "Yeah. I'll see you then," he said, his mind possibly racing like mine was. I pulled away from him and sent him a smile as I hurried to the door and opened it, closing it behind me.

Wait, I didn't ask about the picture! I thought with a groan as I started down the hall, still confused by what had happened a moment ago. I ran a hand down my face and shook my head, I'll ask later. Hopefully.

I turned the corner to mine and Dini's room when a hand grabbed my arm and pushed me into the wall, I started to scream but a hand was against my mouth to keep me from it. I struggled against the person as I looked up at them.

Will looked around the hallway before looking down at me "Lily. Are you going to scream if I let you go?" he asked in a low voice, I raised an eyebrow.

Oh, honey, I will do worse than that. Right now.

I sent my foot up and it collided with his crotch, which made him scream like a girl, I yelled and ran to the first door I came to which was Zeke's. I beat the hell out of it with my fists and when the door did open I went flying into the room.

When I looked up I saw Zeke yelling at Will which caused a commotion loud enough to get our hotel neighbors out, Doug went running out into the hall as I stood up and I saw him yell to Dini to call 911.

I stood up in Zeke's doorway as Will ran down to the fire escape causing an alarm to sound as he went through it and down the stairs. Zeke and Doug came towards me checking on me, I took the comforting arms my cousin was offering as I closed my eyes and tried to picture a happy place.

That was when I heard a 'What happened" from behind Doug and I looked over his shoulder to see Sawyer with a frown on his face, he saw me and his expression changed from confusion to worriment "Was it the bastard?" he questioned Zeke.

"Yeah. But, she got my attention in time."

Doug hugged me tightly for a second before letting me go and turning to the guys "Sawyer, you were there last night when Will showed his face. I need a favor" he told him, Sawyer nodded his head and looked at me.

"Of course. Anything."

My cousin sighed as he kept his arm tight around me "I need you to tell the cops about what happened last night. Dini is calling them and Lily promised that if William tried anything else that she would get a warrant" Doug said, giving me a stern look as I turned away from him and closed my eyes.

"I'll tell them. As long as you think it will keep him away from her." My eyes opened and I looked towards Sawyer who looked concerned about the whole deal, I looked him over with a sad look as Dini walked towards us crossing her arms.

She sighed "They are sending a car over to the hotel that patrols this area," she said, before looking at me and wrapping an arm around me "Come on, I told them our hotel room." She pushed open the door she hadn't shut and I walked over to the bed to sit.

Dini sat beside me and wrapped her arms around me in a hug, I patted her arm as the guys walked in and sat down themselves. Sawyer sat in the chair he had last night, I kept my eyes on him as Zeke closed the door.

Maybe I was ... falling for him, but that act in the hall showed he was the caring type. Yet, I was concerned now about Will, what exactly was he trying to pull out in the hall? That scared me, what if I hadn't gotten to Zeke's room in time?

As my eyes looked at Sawyer, I gave a slight smile. What the hell, might as well give it a shot with him. Eh? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.4K 3K 24
When 23 year old Ava Monroe decides to abandon her life in America and move to Italy for as long as her heart desires, all she wants is to start and...
30.2K 2K 33
Paradise awaits or so they thought. When the Bradford's boarded the plane for their tropical paradise they assumed the next two months would be all f...
3.4K 658 17
ONC 2024 SHORTLISTER || After two opposites find comfort in each other and have an instant connection but can't be together, they collide again mont...
2.2M 52.7K 39
[COMPLETE!] "My best friend's brother grew up. Hot." Alexis is months from finishing college and starting a fashion label in New York. Years of plann...