Clashing Blades (Levi X OC)

By Devilish_red

OC, named Ireen, is another childhood friend of Eren, just a year older (or so what they thought). Living in... More

『 C H A P T E R 1 : NIGHTMARE 』
『 C H A P T E R 2 : PROMISE 』
『 C H A P T E R 3 : BEGINNING 』
『 C H A P T E R 4 : TEST 』
『 C H A P T E R 5 : TRUST』
『 C H A P T E R 6 : MIRACLE 』
『C H A P T E R 7 : MEMORIES 』
『C H A P T E R 8 : ANSWER 』
『 C H A P T E R 9 : SACRIFICE 』
『 C H A P T E R 10 : REQUEST 』
『 C H A P T E R 11 : TRIAL 』
『 C H A P T E R 12 : TRYING 』
『 C H A P T E R 13 : WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE 』
『 C H A P T E R 14 : BETTING ON YOU 』
『 C H A P T E R 15: POTATO 』
『 C H A P T E R 16 : BAD DAY 』
『 C H A P T E R 17 : IT WASN'T MY INTENTION 』
『 C H A P T E R 18 : ARMIN ARLET 』
『 C H A P T E R 19 : THEIR SECRETS 』
『 C H A P T E R 20 : HORSES 』
『 C H A P T E R 21 : 2 WEEKS BEFORE AN EXPEDITION 』

『 C H A P T E R 22 : A PROMISE』

85 2 0
By Devilish_red

My name is... 

- - -

"Ahhh Ireen's here! Finally!"

Sasha shot up from her sit as Ireen casually made way to the table.

"Hey guys." The red-haired greeted her friends, a small smile plastered on her face as she wasn't bothered by the noisy surrounding.

"Where have you been? The party has started." Jean spoke with food in his mouth. He slurped the noodles quickly and gobbled them up in hunger after casting a single glance to the female.

Ireen leaned sideways putting more weigh on her right leg as the left one propped up against the right. A palm found its way on her well-trimmed waist.

"To the town. Getting something."

"So you got them?" Reiner asked.

"Yup. Meet me at the girl's dorm later and I'll pass your things". Ireen looked at Armin, Ray, and Reiner. And the three men nodded their head respectively, continued chewing on their food.

Sasha's eyes narrowed as she leaned towards her. And in low voice, she whispered, "Ireen, hurry up and take your food. They are giving us caramel pudding today. Only one per person you should go before it finished."

Sasha showed her said caramel pudding as her eyes sparkled in excitement. Caramel pudding, preferable eaten while it is still cold, is the one and the only everyone's all time favorite regardless age and gender due to its rarity and difficulties to get their hands on. Needless to say, Ireen's eyes went wide, hands slammed onto the wooden table shaking every single plates and cups on it, screaming "what?!!" at the top of her lungs.

Mikasa calmly put down her spoon as she cleared her throat. Her other hand meanwhile held a small bowl of her soup that been dancing on the table due to the impact as she looked up to the red-haired. 

"I believed you are the last person who's yet to take any food Ireen, so better -"

In an instance Ireen sprinted leaving dust behind her before Mikasa could finish. However, instead of heading straight to where the food was she headed to another table, where few veterans soldier were talking and goofing around. Her target locked onto the light-brown haired male that currently laughing at his teammate's joke.

The sudden feelings of being targeted caused chill to ghost him. And he stopped laughing as he slowly turned. He yelped when Ireen's face suddenly plastered to his with her two hands gripping his shoulder tightly with no mercy.

"Moblit-san!"

"Huwargghh Ireen?? What?!!"

"Moblit-san you were incharged for this party right? Right?? Please tell me you have extra caramel pudding because I want it more than just one!"

"Ireen! Each person can only get one you can't ask for more."

"But please Moblit-san! It has been five months since I last ate them!" Ireen violently shook Moblit causing the male to sway.

"I-Ireen, please stop..."

"I beg you please give me more.. I promise I'll work harder for the Survey Corp."

"Why are you telling me your devotion? I'm not your commander..."

"Please I'll do anything just give me more..."

"Ireen, Ireen stop.."

Moblit's teammate whom shared the table were left stunned, blinked in disbelief.

They looked at each other's face, mind battling to either help or let it be. While some of them decided to let it slide as a side show while eating some were kind enough to try prying of Ireen's hands from Moblit, especially since her strength doubled and the force caused the bench that Moblit sitting on to rattle and effect those that sitting on it as well. 

"Moblit-san.. Please, give me more..."

At this point Ireen was truly begging. Her voice could be heard all the way to her friend's table, Jean and Eren were watching and wondering at the embarrassing act while Ray and Armin focused on their food pretending not to hear the chaos.

"Ireen, I'll give you one. Please stop this everyone is looking."

"Moblit-san pl- ehh?" A new voice caught her attention at the promisiong offer. She got a short hair in light red colour. She looked like a doll.

"Who are you?" Ireen inquired.

"Nifa, from fourth squad, Hange's squad. Here I have an extra so you can have it."

Nifa held up a cup of caramel pudding to Ireen's eyes, shocking the latter.

Ireen felt so touched. She let go of Moblit and grasped Nifa's hands instead, cupping her hands that clasped around the pudding, beeming with a largest smile possible.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!"

Ireen let go Nifa's hands and immediately ripped off the seal on the cup and scooped the pudding into her mouth. She hummed in delight, a palm cupping her swollen cheek as she mumbled words that no one could understand. The older female relaxed her shoulder, slightly laughing at the younger's attitude as she watched her scooped it for the second time.

"You really like the pudding eh?"

"Uhum~" Ireen nodded few times.

At the side Moblit was sighing. He felt so good now that Ireen had released him.

Moblit side eyed the happy-giggling teensy girl next to him. For a girl with small body like her she sure is packed with strength. Ireen reminded him of Levi so much. Small yet threatening. He was made aware of Erwin's plan and suspicions on her, but he couldn't find any to support the older male. Despite he himself barely conversing with the young girl, he still could sense the sincerity and the truth whenever she speaks. He knew she truly wanted to help Eren in getting control of his power, and had done as much as she could to help. So he never suspect any malicious intent from her.

But it was never hurt to be wary.

"Nifa, is it okay for you to give her your pudding?"

A goggled-eye man talked as he took turns looking at Ireen and Nifa.

Nifa brushed off the question with "it's fine", as she pulled out another cup of pudding from her secret stash. "I've got extra, courtesy to Moblit." She beamed a wider smile.

"Eh? Why could you have another one?"

Moblit could feel the questioning look from his teammate at the questioning extra pudding but he pretended not hearing it. He stuffed a bread into his mouth chewing it quickly with closed eyes.

"I requested for it." Nifa wiggled her index finger in pride.

"I've got it too. In fact I've got three," another member of the squad casually talked. He spooned the soup into his mouth as his eyes meeting with Abel's widened eyes.

"Why???!"

"Cause we asked for it." Nifa and Keiji spoke.

"Moblit?!!" Abel turned and questioned the vice captain of the squad. Moblit chocked on his food as he sighed.

"Yes, I get extras for them. I can't say no with their eyes begging for it."

"But you never spare some for me?!!"

"You never ask for it and it will still be in part of our budget and I can't make Erwin question me for dishonesty in contributing the food."

"But that is still unfair you are a traitor you should give me yours!" Abel leaped forward and started to neck-choke Moblit.

"Ack!"

However he accidentally pushed Ireen. The last scoop of her pudding fell onto the ground as she gasped. She tried to save the pudding to follow the 5 seconds rule for food that has fallen onto the ground but it was stepped on by a soldier passing by.

Ireen felt a boulder dropped on top of her head as she froze.

Ireen was wallowing, Abel was strangling, and Moblit was begging. 

Nifa watched Ireen and started to worry since the latter's shoulders started to shake. She tried to call her name but Ireen suddenly roared, pulling her arms up above her heads and charged to Moblit and Abel. She pounced on them screaming "my pudding, return it back! Return it back!" causing every tables nearby to turn and watch the commotion.

"What is it?"

"What happens there?"

"Did a fight broke?";

Other soldiers whispering.

Keiji stared in bewildered. His mouth was left hung open and he could feel the deep glare from their superiors. He sensed trouble. If no one putting a stop into this then one of the superiors will come forward and reprimand them, and even worse, punish them.

So he desperately trying to stop them.

Nifa was trying too. 

Everyone on the table was trying.

But they couldn't do much because the more she tried to pull Ireen away the harder she retaliate. In order to put a stop to this Nifa took a quick solution as she stole one of Keiji's pudding and immediately offered to Ireen.

That did the trick as Ireen stopped, snatching the cup immediately and greedily ripped of the seal.

Keiji wasn't amused.

He turned to Nifa demanding answer while the latter plead for forgiveness. Nifa threw comforting words to stop him from being emotional but he couldn't accept it.

Moblit meanwhile was drained against the table, sighing while Abel clutched his back in pain trembling on the bench. Ireen had hit him there harder and he was not okay.

From a far at the commander's table where the said commander along with his closed friends sat they watched the scene unfolded. Some bearing a bored look while some were in amuse.

Levi who just entered the dining hall, and just gotten his food carried his tray to the table, turned his head to look at the commotion as he scoffed.

"What are those brats being noisy about?" He dropped his tray lightly onto his table before he slide in to sit next to Nanaba.

"A pudding fight. Ireen seems to beg for more and Nifa gave her extra one to her but before she could finish it Abel accidentally pushed her and it fell. Ireen started hitting him and Moblit and Nifa stopped her with another pudding from Keiji and now Keiji is wailing." Nanaba gave a full explanation.

"Tch, this pudding? Only idiots will fight over it." Levi commented as he twirled the said dessert between his fingers.

"Ohh so you don't need it? Give it to me shorty!" Hange bellowed.

"I never said I'll give it to anyone." Levi quickly took it away before Hange could snatch it from him. This elicited a pout from the brunette.

"And I know Moblit spare some extras for you so don't try taking mine." The ravenette captain hissed.

Nanaba giggled as she watched Hange's pout intensified. But then she felt something poke her cheek and she turned.

Mike was gazing down at her, holding a cup of it to her cheek as an offer. The blonde eyes sparkled as she accepted it, looking at the pudding before looking back at her boyfriend that currently stripped of the seal of his own pudding and started eating.

Mike too has requested for an extra just to give to his soulmate.

Erwin, sitting at infront of them next to Hange watched the lovely couple serenely conversing to each other. Mike and Nanaba are a calm and happy couple. Meanwhile when he turned to Hange and Levi he smirked as the two were chaosly conversing. The brunette begged the ravenette to listen to her grand plan in capturing the next titan while the latter told her to shut up and leave him in peace.

Erwin was honestly enjoying this tiny little moments of where his friends were doing fine and in their own little world.

But then....

A loud crash was heard from the other side of the room, now stealing everyone's attention at the new commotion. Hange's squad and Ireen too took a peak at what causing the noise because now the source of commotion wasn't them. Their eyes landed at the recruit's table, and saw that Connie had climbed onto the table, standing on a single leg as he tried to balance himself while Jean was scolding him, along with his soup and bread in both of his hands, saved from putting on the table. Ymir had took Krista to the side while Mikasa standing away from the table, unbothered. Armin was nervously telling the rest to calm down along with Bertholdt to Reiner that currently furiously looking for something.

As their chatters volumed up and they looked pretty nervous Erwin wondered what had happened. He was about to stand and ask but then Jean suddenly screamed and stepped backwards immediately, before something flew away from under the table to the nearest table there.

Another loud screams rang as the 'only girls' table scrammed away.

"Flying cockroach!!!"

The culprit of the commotion continued its journey to everyone's table as more screams were heard, having fun in scaring them all.

- - -

"Okey, who's next?!!"

Hange's loud voice boomed followed by a boisterous laugh as the last contestant fell and defeated. The remaining alcohol in his mug spilled and poured down the table, as he mumbled some random things.

"Ahahahahah c'mon! None of you has defeated *hic* her yet!"

She laughed again as she leaned next to the undefeated five-time champion in drinking, that will mark as her sixth strike that night if no one take her down. Nifa grinned from an ear to ear, holding onto her sweet victory as her face flushed red yet still remained her consciousness.

"Moblit, wanna give a try?" From a far Hange shouted to her assistant that sat at the corner with Keiji and other squad leaders, drinking peacefully without the urge to compete.

"No thanks, Hange-san. I'm good."

Like many other soldiers his face was tinged in light pink too.

"Oh c'mon stop being a party pooper!"

Levi cringed, four table apart from theirs as he sipped his tea. Hange's loud and obnoxious voice annoyed him and gave him headache and the only way to escape this is by indulging his tea. Levi was sitting alone not accompanied or joining anyone, as that was what he prefer.

But then he felt a small nudge to his side. He turned, and his eyes landed on Nanaba's slightly drunken face that offered him a shot.

"Relax captain. It's a peaceful night tonight. Have a sip." Her hand still held out the drink to him.

"Nanaba, how much have you been drinking?"

"Not much Levi. I still retain my alertness."

"Hmph."

"Come on. Are you accepting it or not? My hand gonna hurts." Nanaba slightly pouted. A frown etched on Levi's face as he felt like being scolded.

"No one tell you to take it for me." He grudgingly answered.

Nanaba gave a pointed look, mixed with a bit of begging expression that caused the ravenette captain to falter and accept his fate.

"Very well. Just this one."

"That's the spirit, Levi. After all you hardly getting drunk. A mug shouldn't hurt you right?"

Nanaba mumbled behind her own mug and chugged down her own alcohol while her eyes still trained on Levi, her one of the only old friend that she had thanks to Mike. Levi returned the look with his signature glare.

"Yeah... But I don't like alcohol much. The bitter taste felt dreadful."

"Because it brings you back to the past?"

"Tch."

Nanaba went silent, as she slowly placed her mug on the table and slided in on the bench. She sat directly opposite to Levi. 

"Sorry, didn't mean to be insensitive. But at least you still have us. It has been many years. And we've gone through a lot. Losing our friends and making a new one has become a regular cycle here. But I'm sure we can hold up for few more years and stay alive." She spoke quietly with a small smile but her solemn eyes betrayed her true feelings. "At least the six of us."

Levi's onyx eyes met with her blue eyes, as he stared deeply finding the truth behind her words. There're so much uncertainties and things happened all these years yet they - him, Erwin, Mike, Hange, Moblit and Nanaba - managed to survive till this day. Their experiences and motivations are what drove them this far to the point their strength are no longer doubted.

But now that they have a new information about titans and shifters the possiblities changed and the scale that has been favouring them started to disbalance. New risks, unforseen possiblities, fear...

Can they still manage it?

Another small nudge to his elbow and Levi was brought back to the realm. He looked at the red liquid swaying in the mug, as he sighed and finally drank it.

Nanaba smiled.

But suddenly someone stomped his boot onto the table. It shocked him and he choked on the drink, spilling some onto his clothes. Scoffing, he looked up and his eyes met with a pair of dirty pale blue hues that stared dagger at him.

"What?"

"What are you doing?" The person asked.

"Ha?"

"Flirting with someone's woman. You are looking for a death match."

Levi raised an eyebrow. Then sighed. 

Of course. Drunken Mike is very protective of his girlfriend. A single non-harmful smile to his woman and you will get punched into the face.

"Sit down Mike. You're drunk."

"I asked you a question. You answered it."

"And I said sit down." Levi sharpened his glare to match with his.

Mike wasn't taking it. He was about to retort but Nanaba stood immediately, calming the big blonde.

Mike, still furrowing his eyebrows was unsatisfied with Nanaba's excuse. The man started to act on his wimp, stripping his brown jacket and let it dropped to the floor. He swooped Nanaba down, leaning forward pushing her to the corner of the table and pressed her hips against it. He took one of her hands and guide it to run across his chest, causing her face to turn scarlet.

Nanaba tried to pulled her hand away but Mike has a vice grip on it and not letting her go so she was currently trapped in between the table and his big body.

Levi wasn't appreciating the scene. He was feeling like puking. Even more when naughty cheers and whistles could be heard encouraging them to act. Mike almost fulfill the audience's wish but Erwin was quick enough to stop him, putting some reprimand to the older male.

Oddly, Mike understood. So he lifted Nanaba and dropped her on his shoulder as he walked away to the door, dissapeared to God knows where. Laughters and whistlings decorated the night.

Erwin sighed regretfully at the act of display of one of the most respected and reliable soldiers of his, that almost made fun of himself and showed to everyone his private life. Luckily everyone was drunk. So they either didn't noticed much or won't remember a thing on the next morning.

"It's a mess." Levi spoke under his breath as his fingers tapped irritatingly onto the table.

"I know. It's always like this every time we have a break."

Levi took a single glance.

"You're not drinking Erwin?"

Erwin gave the same glance.

"No. We have recruits with us today. Someone have to keep an eye for them."

"Tch. Now we are the babysitter?"

"Why are you so angry, Levi? Pent up feelings, perhaps? Maybe a drink or two could help."

"Why everyone thinks alcohol will solve my problem?"

"It was just a shot. Don't have to be mad."

"Really, now?"

"Ouch. Your words are harsh. Be gentle. You broke my heart." Erwin playfully placed his palm on his chest as he frowned.

Levi's eyes twitched as he looked in disgust.

"Get lost." He rolled his eyes, turning away in disdain.

Erwin's eyes still locked onto Levi. Joke aside, there's a purpose why he is here. He slipped onto the bench and sit in front of the ravenette captain, making it obvious that he would like to be looked in the face while they are talking. 

"How's Eren? Is he good?"

Levi's eyes are still on many soldiers as he just randomly looked around.

"Fine. That brat managed to transform into a titan and retain his conscious. But his energy drains significantly after leaving the titan's body."

"Is it? So we can't depend on him to fight them?"

"Unless he got enough training. But I doubt that with whatever time left is enough to train him more."

"Hmmm... So where is he now?" Erwin asked.

Levi turned to look at him before nudging his head slightly, telling Erwin to look behind him at the most left corner of the room. Erwin turned. And he could see Eren is arm wrestling with one of the senior soldiers. A group of soldiers surrounded them, and a loud chant of cheers are heard.

Erwin turned back to face Levi.

"I see they are having fun."

"You think?" Levi sarcastically replied.

Erwin coughed few times, as he then stood up and fixed his jacket.

"Well I'll be going back to my room first. I have few papers to look after. Levi, don't stay up too late tonight. Try to get some sleep."

Erwin kindly advised.

Levi mindlessly nodding his head. He eyed the commander walking past the soldiers and disappeared behind the door.

His gaze dropped down to the alcohol in the mug in his hand. The red liquid was calling for him, gently whispering sweet words to make him drink. Levi succumbed to the whisper as he gulped down the whole mug, feeling satisfied when the bitter-sweet taste ran down his throat.

He got up and refilled the mug to drown himself with more shots until his eyes caught a figure of a soldier started to strip down his clothes. Clicking his tongue the short man marched over, stopping him immediately and forced the group to stop playing truth or dare before he kicked each one of them in the face. He told them to sleep but when they grunted in refusal Levi parried with his signature deadlier gaze and that shut them up.

Levi took a step to go back to his table but Hange suddenly came running hugging him from behind. She invited him to drink with her, shouting right to his ear which annoyed him very very much. He  craned his neck to look at her and from his peripheral vision he could see Keiji was slumping down on the table while Moblit is still drinking despite heavy red shade presented on his face. Moblit probably couldn't think straight anymore but his body acted on his own to keep drinking to release all the tension and stress caused by his favorite section commander.

As Hange continue her pursue Levi lost the patience. He paid no ounce of sympathy when he threw her away from his back, and stormed out of the dining hall. He heard Hange shouted over him to come back but he ignored and left.

- - - 

There is something stopping Levi on his walk to his room. He's feeling like the night is still too early for him to rest. In the first place he never sleep any earlier before 2 am so there's no point going back to his room yet. So he took some turns and continued climbing the stairs to the highest place of the castle. He felt like spending some time gazing at the dark sky just for once.

When he reached the top he found that the door leading to the outside was unlocked. He proceeded to open it and stepped out, and immediately his eyes caught a figure of a female, in a familiar dress with long red hair passed her shoulder with some braided at the side. She is holding a mug, presumably the alcohol from the dinning hall as her eyes stared straight to the sky. She is sitting at the ledge, quite dangerous since if she falls the death will welcome her.

Levi isn't sure to walk to her or leave the place. If he chooses this spot to spend when his brain in chaos what make she isn't thinking the same? If he prefers solace for a peace of mind what makes she won't too?

But before he could make the decision Ireen had turned first, to meet with his stormy onyx hues. Her own greenish hues looked dim under only the moonlight but they aren't dead. Still, they aren't lively as well.

"Captain," she nodded her head as an acknowledgement of his presence there.

Levi decided to walk to her rather than leave.

"Cadet, what are you doing here alone?" 

Ireen watched his approaching figure before looking down at her fingers that been playing with her skirt.

"Just, resting...."

The captain cocked an eyebrow. "Here?"

"I don't know where else to go. Beside, the sky is calming to see. There are stars."

Levi followed her gaze up to the dark ceiling above. A natural ceiling. Infinity, without anything stopping their eyes from directly gazing at it. Unlike the Underground.

"Why are you here captain? I assume you aren't patroling at the moment, right?"

Levi took a deep breathe before decided to sit at the ledge as well. A little bit at a distance but still could see the female's face clearly.

"I'm not. I was just thinking to, stargazing..."

"Do you like it?"

"No."

"Same here..."

Silent. Both Ireen and Levi has nothing else to say so they kept quiet.

"Do you hate it then?" Levi asked, seemingly trying to find something to talk about. He wasn't sure why he bothered too. But he didn't like the awkward silence as well.

"I don't. You?"

"Never..."

"Hmmmm...."

Then they went silent again. Ireen brought the mug to her lips as she downed her drink slowly. Her eyes glanced to him, taking in the feature of his sharp jawline shining under the moonlight.

"Captain, can I ask you a personal question?"

Ireen asked without hesitation. But she was still a bit worried. She wouldn't want to add punishment to her current tab. But she is curious.

Levi gave a glare that told her to proceed. Ireen remembered the night he told her to not backpedal. So she guessed it will be alright.

"How old are you?"

Levi was slightly taken aback. Of all the question she could come off with she was more interested with his age. Why?

"Why?"

"I was just wondering... It's fine if you don't want to answer it."

Levi briefly watched her drinking again. His gaze never leaved hers as he replied. "28."

"Young...." Ireen muttered over the mug but Levi could hear her well. "I was expecting you to be a little bit older."

"Does my age concern you, cadet?" Levi was slightly irked. What does his age got to do with anything?

"No. It was just... Assuming I live till your age, I wonder, how much I will see in the next 12 years. Will I still retain my sane?" Ireen placed a palm over her forehead as the day of the Wall Rose fell played in her mind. Isa-senpai... Why didn't you run? 

"I wonder, captain....."

Levi watched you closely before he closed his eyes, thinking something. 

"Cadet, you don't have to answer me if you don't want too. But were you parents died during the Shiganshina's attack?"

"..... No. They died early."

"Any siblings?" 

Ireen took a sharp breathe. "A younger sister. But she died too. She was killed."

Levi's eyes widened before it slightly slithered sharp. The wind suddenly picked up kissing and bitting their faces with cold breeze.

"Captain, can I ask you another question? Why don't you have a surname?"

Levi watched Ireen's eyes sparkled as the wind making a mess of her hair. Another random question he couldn't fathom why she was asking it.

"I wasn't told of any."

"Your parents never mention it?" She asked as she tamed her blown hair.

"I don't have a father. And my mom doesn't have a surname."

Ireen blinking as her hand stopped, still holding onto her locks. "I see.. Sorry about that."

"Don't be." Levi easily dismissed it. It wasn't like he's mad after all. He has long moved past it. He never cares of whom his father is. Whether he is still alive or dead. Her mom never wailed on his disappearence as well. So the man must be not important to her at all. If he is no one to her life, then he isn't in his life as well.

"You don't have a surname as well right, cadet? Any reason to it?"

Now is his turn to ask. He's intrigued. Why won't she has one? She mentioned her parents both died at her young age so they never separated. Even if the dad didn't have a surname she could still inherit her mom's.

Ireen took a deep breathe as she ran her palm over her face. The mug in her hand hang loosely. The drinks is finished and nothing is left but she didn't feel the alcohol is enough to sweep her away from the pain she is feeling.

"I never tell anyone about this. Not even to Eren. But captain, my name isn't just Ireen." She spoke in trembling voice. Levi noticed she took a heavy gulp and her eyes slightly watered. She is feeling emotional when all the memories rushed in. Something like regret, and despair painted on her face.

If Levi had known her for so long he wouldn't want to push her to talk about it. He rather not see her suffer and not elighten of her secret. But his curiosity is digging in as the cadet infront of him right now, the one Erwin is gambling on is about to spill something out. Something that could relate to the titan-shifters, or not. But it's worth to hear it.... Probably. Maybe.

"My real name is... Ireen... Neūmann. I have a surname. But I was told to keep it a secret. But I think, it's time I let it go. A promise that I couldn't keep anymore, it's better to let it go. I don't want to be bothered by it anymore."

- - - 

It was 7 in the morning. 

Erwin was preparing himself, tying his green bolo tie around his neck. 10 days from the expedition day. Many preparations are still ongoing and he needed to ensure they are ready on time. But he could expect how the day turned since many soldiers using the night before to let loose. In other words, he could expect half of them are rendered from thinking and functioning properly today.

Erwin turning his room's door knob open as he stepped out of his room. But as he locked back the door he noticed something's odd about his office. He could hear a light snore coming from his couch.

Furrowing his majestic eyebrows he walked to it, and was left speechless at the sight.

As his gaze trailed down from the face of the person he realized it's getting... inappropriate. He turned away, sighing while pinching his forehead. He took another single glance to the face before he walked back into his room. He returned with a blanket in his arms before he threw it over the body.

He could see the face turned content as the person sighed and snuggled closer for comfort. If the person has been sleeping there for the whole night then the person definitely was in cold. The weather has been quite crazy these few days, sometimes it's raining sometimes it's not. But since they are surrounded by nothing but forest so the temperature is very low at night.

Hopefully the person doesn't catch a cold.

- - -

Mikasa pulled open the curtain to her room widely. The sunlight ray shone in, visibly showing the dust flickered and floating around. She didn't care as she proceed with opening the sills.

Moans and groans were heard as she turned, looking at the rest of the occupants of the room. She counted everyone inside but she noticed a bed is empty. The cover and the blanket are untouched, as if the owner hasn't returned since last night. Where had she been?

- - -

"Ughhh... My head.."

The pounding in her head awaken her from slumber. The bright light welcomed her as she squinted her eyes, trying to shut them tight and removed all the dreadful feelings.

Ireen shook her head slowly, fingers gently massaging her throbbing forehead as she tried to get back her focus. She believed she heard voices a second ago, but why suddenly it's getting silent?

She shook away the nauseating feeling, and pushed away the urge to vomit as she knew very well it was the effect from getting drunk last night. Finally, when she finally got all her strength she opened her eyes slowly, blinking away the blurring vision before met eye to eye with a tough, blonde looking man who looked at her worriedly, with deeply frowning eyebrows.

"Holy crap, Erwin-san! Sir!"

Immediately Ireen pushed herself up from lying position. But her head throbbed suddenly so she hissed in pain immediately. "Ouwwww..."

"Take it easy, Ireen. You don't seem well". Erwin spoke before his table.

She gave a single glance over the commander's face. "What happened? Why are you here?"

"This is my office. You are, the one in here."

"What?" Bulging her eyes out Ireen took a quick glance to the surrounding, and her eyes met with another pair of pale blue and bluish grey eyes that was glaring at her.

"S-squad leader?!! Captain?!!"

Sitting at the other side of the room was Levi and Mike, on chairs that they pulled from somewhere.

"Are you fully awake now, Ireen? How are you feeling?" Mike calmly spoke from his chair. The papers in his hand were set loosely in between his fingers.

Ireen took a deep breathe as her eyes slightly widened and her lips trembled. "Not good. And the fact that I was awake, surrounded by you guys here..." Ireen gulped down a mouthful of saliva. Her breathe was uneven and the tense caused her to sweat.

Ireen just noticed she was was covered with a blanket, that currently she clenched.

"I found you here sleeping in my office on the couch when I was awake this morning. I don't know how you get in and you didn't seem to respond on my call so I let you rest here a little bit longer, till now."

"Is that so?"

"Yes. Can you tell me how and why you get here?"

"I... I don't know. I don't remember anything maybe I was too drunk and was sleep walking. I'm so sorry." Ireen stuttered while she ran her fingers in between her locks. Her face was so pale and her eyebrows furrowed deeply.

"Was it a normal occurrence for you to be sleepwalking after drinking?" Mike rose an eyebrow, slightly leaning backwards to his chair.

"I'm not sure.. But there are times I ended up somehwere whenever I drink." She grunted. "I'm sorry for bothering you, Erwin-san but I'll take my leave now-"

"Wait Ireen!" Erwin tried to stop her.

But Ireen already stopped herself from moving the moment her foot touched the floor. Coldness. She could feel the coldness traveled up her spine, leaving her slightly shivering so she looked down.

She also noticed to cold air hitting the skin of her left leg, that currently out from hidden under the blanket. She stared for a second, eyes didn't leaved her naked bare skin before she lifted up the blanket, stunned, and immediately covered her legs back.

"W-w-w-why I wasn't wearing any shoes or skirt? Or pants?!!"

Panicked as she was only with her blouse and short shorts that she wore underneath her skirt last night. Her eyes shifted back and forth between Erwin, Levi and Mike.

"You were-"

"Hey Erwin I'm back!"

Suddenly the office door swung open as Hange walked in, with a tray containing a glass of water and few pills on it. The moment her brown hues met with the green hues the scientist was quick to be by her side.

"Oh Ireen you are awake?! How's your feeling? Dizzy? Here I got medicine for your hungover."

"Medicine??" Ireen slowly backed away from Hange's too close face.

"Yup, hurry up and take them."

The water and the pills exchanged hands as Ireen stared at her opened palm, doubting the said medicines, but at the end she chose to swallow them due to her throbbing head. She coughed few times when the pills stuck in her windpipe as she was rushing it down her throat, receiving a gentle pat on her back by the four eyes.

"But Ireen you are really a bold one, ayy? Turning up at commander's office in the morning with less clothes. Why are you doing that?"

*Cough, cough..* "No Hange-san. I never plan this.. I dodn't know, *cough* why I'm here too.."

"Really?"

Hange exchanged glance with the three veterans.

"Ireen, did someone perharps... assaulted you?"

"What?"

"Sometimes when you were too drunk you won't realize what's going on around you. Your brain failed to react accordingly compare to when you're in your full consciousness. If you were left in this state and were left unconscious.."

Hange reluctantly want to finish it.

"Do you understand?"

Blurred, Ireen shook her face.

Hange sighed. Levi scoffed at the side giving his death glare to the scientist.

"This is why I tell you the party isn't necessary. These kids gonna misbehaved and lose themselves."

"Well, the same thing could be said to our senior soldiers too. Despair and pressure from all this could lead to sexual frustration."

"Tch." Levi crossed both his arms and legs, as his onyx hues met with Erwin's bluish hues. Erwin looked away from Levi and back to the drinking confused girl infront.

"Ireen, do you feel any pain near your lower waist and below?"

Ireen pressed her lips together as she stopped drinking the water offered to her. Her eyebrows still furrowed and her hands slightly shaken indicating she is yet to fully recover.

"Hmmm yeah a bit. A little bit sore from my thigh and below."

Immediately her answer caused the four veterans to look at her intently.

"Err... i mean, I was training with Mikasa yesterday.  So I guess it's the pain from it, since... I normally, feel it." She realized she is the centre of attraction at the moment. But she didn't find what she said earlier to be anything worth-worrying.

"Training?" Erwin pondered then he remembered.

"Ohh right the two of you were at it yesterday." Hange speak out what in Erwin's mind.

"But Ireen, do you feel a little bit kinda different pain compare to the usual one? You know, especially around your private area?"

"What?" Ireen cocked her head sideways.

"Hange don't you think you should discuss this with her somewhere else?"

"I agree with Levi," Mike nodded. Not that the two not care, but perhaps this topic is a bit sensitive for a girl like her. Hange hummed letting out a heavy breathe before looking at Ireen back. She smiled sadly.

"I guess so. Well then Ireen let's-"

"Do you remember if you perharps may have involved in sexual intercouse last night?"

"Huh??" Ireen blinked rapidly at Erwin's suddeness.

"Oii!!" Levi tried to stop him. 

"An action that normally played by two person when they are in love, satiating each other with pleasure that may or may not lead to the female's in touch to get pregnant, one day."

"Erwin?!!" Hange screamed disagreeing to his forwardness.

"U--uuhhh I declined."

"What?!" The brunette turned back harshly to face the red-haired, bewildered.

"So someone did approach you for it? Who is it? Do you remember?" She grasped Ireen's shoulder immediately shaking her body slightly.

"Well more like a group. I mean not only to me but my friends too. Everyone, literally."

"It's a group offer?!!" Hange screamed.

"Damn it how dry this men could be?" Levi scoffed.

"And you outright refused it?" Mike enquired.

"Yeah.. There are... some older cadets invited us for 'spin the bottle' game but we refused immediately. They say something about getting closer to each other. But... I don't like to get my lips touched by the others and risk myself from unwanted things, so I refused. And.. then, I don't remember anymore?"

The four veterans listened as their brains raked thousand of questions and wonders.

"Spin the bottle? Isn't that the game-?" Hange turned to Mike as the older male nodded, remembering that during his training years the game was quite often played.

"You kiss whoever the tip of the bottle landed too." Mike snorted.

"Yeah, that. Boys can take it easily and enjoy it but us girls risk ourselves from getting pregnant from it. I don't like that kinda game."

......

"Pregnant?" Erwin pondered.

"From kissing?" Mike questioned.

Levi subconsciously uncrossed his arm, one eye widened as he exchanged look with Hange and Erwin. Did he heard her wrong?

"Ireen, that's now how pregnancy occur."

"Eh, sure it is. When two person in love they always do this and the next thing they know they get pregnant. So kissing is the cause."

"Ehem. Well it's true when two person in love they do this a lot but I can assure you it's more than that to make a woman pregnant," Erwin explained.

"If not the kiss then what?" Ireen questioned more.

Erwin shuffled in his seat. He felt discomfort to talk about this. He threw a glance to the two men sitting at the side but the gazes that they returned told him they don't want to do the explaining.

"I'll let Hange do the explaining later, Ireen. But on a single thought, does no one ever teach you about this?"

"About what?"

"About sexual intercourse. The precautions to be taken before having one and how to deal with unconsented touch?"

Ireen looked in confuse. "What.... are those? I think, no is my safe answer?"

"Your parents never te-"

"Hange. She is no longer having one." Levi immediately and sternly cut in. The scientist mouthed 'oh right' and apologetically looked at Ireen. 

Erwin changed his gaze to Mike.

"Mike, this isn't included as part of the curriculum learning back in the camp, right?"

The tallest blonde faced him as he shook his head. "No as far as I remember. And most of the current recruits are orphanage. They mostly are those who'd lost their family." Mike informed.

"If that's so then we'll have a problem when they reach the age. Someone have to teach them all about this." Levi clicked his tongue against the roof of his mouth.

"So does that mean your friends believed that a kiss could cause pregnant too, Ireen?" Hange glanced over, looking at the red-haired that stared up to her face.

"No, Eren told me I was wrong."

"Oh, he has a general idea how it happens?"

"He said a stock bring a baby and put it inside the mother's stomach. I tried telling him that impossible but he said Jaeger-sensei told him so."

....

....

....

....

"And Mikasa said I can't get pregnant if I eat sour things everyday and Sasha has been making excuses to lick a lime from the planted tree behind our girl's dorm back during our training camp everyday but I know it was just an excuse for her to eat them."

......

"Levi was right someone need to teach the kids."

Mike voiced out after a pregnant silence while Erwin took a deep breathe.

"Anyway, Ireen, if you are sure you aren't being assaulted then let's go to the infirmary room." Hange spoke as the silence seemed endearing.

"Why?"

"You said you feel soar from yesterday's training right? Might as well check on it and put some ointment. Let's go." Hange pulled her by the wrist and helped to tie the blanket around her waist. Ireen followed her as she didn't really has a choice here.

"Okay.. But Mike-san, will there be any training for me today? Should I wait till you finish?"

"No, you don't have too. Get to Nanaba after you're feeling well. She will help you with training today."

"Okay..." Reluctantly Ireen turned the knob then walked out as Hange followed her close.

Once the door fully shut Erwin sighed rubbing his fingers between his temple. Levi rose from his seat as he walked to his back and looked over the window, nudging the curtain sideways by a little.

"You are over worried about her. Why?" Levi's deep voice sounded as Erwin glared from under his fingers.

"Nothing."

"Erwin, is she somehow involve with you?"

Erwin sighed as he looked pasti his shoulder. He took sometimes to arrange his words before speaking to the shorter male.

"You aren't aware of this. But before you joined Survey Corp I used to meet her every month. There was one time someone trailed her and she didn't know it. Three months later I read it from a newspaper that man happened to be a drug dealer and a child sex trafficker. She managed to avoid him because I always pick her up and sent her back to Maria's gate. She didn't know this till today."

"So a father figure? That is how you act in front of her?"

"No. It never occur to me to look at her as my daughter."

"Then maybe you harbor deep feelings with her?"

.....

"I can assure you that is exactly not what's happening. She is a kid, Levi for God sake."

"I hope so. Seems like you still can differentiate it."

Levi walked away as he took a seat at where Ireen had just slept on earlier. Mike was just listening to their conversation not bothering to butt in.

"So, should we continue with the discussion about the trap?" Mike scoffed to ease the tension.

"Hange is not here. We can't proceed unless she participate. She is needed for the weaponry assisting." Levi growled.

"Where's Moblit? He can replace her."

"Moblit....is drunk too. He drank the whole barrel yesterday. He's currently in rehabilitation phase." Erwin mumbled.

Levi rolled his eyes mockingly, expecting this.

"Not a surprise. Taking care of Hange is mentally draining that man need something to be drowned with."

"How he managed to handle Hange for 7 years plus?" Mike pondered.

"He deserves a raise, don't you think, Erwin?"

Erwin glared from behind his fingers, as he brought the hands back to the table and sighed. "Levi, how did work discussion turns into this? We should get back to our main focus here."

"So, no raise for him?" Levi cocked an eyebrow.

"I'll see about it." Erwin, once again released an exasperation sigh.

Mike exchanged glance with Levi, before the former took a step forward, and faced him directly.

"About Nanaba's salary..."

"Mike please don't do this right now. You know how tight our budget at the moment."

Snickered, Mike and Levi both smirking at the leader's face that silently pleading to stop.

[Clashing Blades.] © Devilish_red

• Please leave your vote, comment and follow. Thank you so much! •

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 120 23
your also a killer of titans, when suddenly one day you come across wall Maria...you go in disguise as a human and see what life is like, thats until...
14.1K 267 17
Mikasa Ackerman lost her parents as a child,before being saved by a boy named Eren Jaëger. 7 years later she forgets her savior's name,and then unkno...
722 18 5
Time doesn't wait for many. And this comes true for a young man named Eren Yeager. Mind stuck on a goal to become a gang leader ever since his high s...
530K 20.9K 123
[COMPLETED] "(Y/N), after everything we've been through, I have become certain of one thing. I love you. Having to stay away from you for so long onl...