His Rhythm // DreamNap (ON HO...

By hayhay_wastaken

(CURRENTLY ON HOLD) One concert and he's hooked. His voice, His Style, His lyrics. Inspired by @ tanukishoo... More

two

one

2.2K 63 64
By hayhay_wastaken

The evening quickly set in as the sun had already fully set. Eyes heavy and glazed over after looking at the computer screen all day. Though, this was how he made an income. How he chose to live.

"Clay! Get in here and set the table!"

Living with his family isn't exactly where he'd plan on being, but for now it was fine. Plus seeing patches everyday was a bonus.

"Coming!" He yelled back after logging off. His desk was a huge mess but, he liked it that way.

The tall, dirty blonde emerged from his dark cold room. Out into the much brighter and warm hall way that led to stairs.

Clay winched as the sudden light caused a headache very quickly. He adjusted, and headed up the stairs to the kitchen.

His mom who was making sure dinner was all ready glanced at her son and smiled. "We just need plates and cups. You're sister already put silverware and napkins out."

With a quick nod he took the plates first and set them out for his parents and siblings.

"Clay, come here." His father had called from the deck just outside the sliding door by the kitchen.

"Just a second." He quickly took the cups and set them out as well before joining his father outside.

He stood tall, with a proud smile on his face as he took a moment to appreciate his hard work. Nicely cooked hamburgers and some chicken stacked neatly on a serving platter.

"Think mom will have a burger?" He questioned his son as he stepped out on the deck.

Shrugging his shoulders he stood beside him.

"Well." He picked the plate up and looked at his son. "She'll have some meat one way or another." He laughed ridiculously loud as he walked back into the house.

"Why. Why did you have to tell me that?" He said as he stayed outside a moment longer. Wishing he never had to hear that ever again.

A few minutes passed and his mother called again but this time for all the children to come as dinner was completely ready.

Taking a deep breath, he turned around and headed back inside. To which his family had all been seated, and waited for him.

While he took his seat, his younger sister had been rambling about something that seemed to bore his father so much he looked asleep.

"What are you going on about?" Clay asked with a small laugh as he scooted himself in.

Her eyes lit up with joy as someone had finally shown some interest in what she was talking about.

"Clay, you should listen to this guys music. It's amazing! I really want to see him in concert. That would be so awesome.." she carried on while the rest of the family had started eating.

With a smile, he allowed her to go on till she couldn't find anything else to say.

"The only bad thing is I don't have a job. Or a car. Or money to go see him. Dad doesn't want to go. Mom says it'll give her a headache and so now I feel like I'll never have a chance."

"A chance at what?" He asked while taking a bite of his hamburger.

A soft giggle left her mouth before she looked at her brother again. "You know.."

Clay couldn't help the loud laugh leave his chest as he seen her face turn a soft red.

"Hey, don't laugh!" She said angrily while punching his arm.

Tears rolling down his cheeks as he continued laughing. In fact the entire family had started to giggle and laugh.

Now, obviously upset she stood up and left the dining room in angry tears. Though she was quickly followed by her big brother.

She had chosen to hide in the guest rooms bathroom . Hoping no one would follow or find her for awhile. Which was almost immediately ruined once Clay had called out to her.

"I'm sorry." He started in a soft deep voice as he crouched down by the tall wooden door that had been locked from the inside.

Taking a few minutes to think of something encouraging to say he thought of an idea.

"If you come out and finish dinner I have a surprise and or challenge for you." He said with a smile as he waited for the door to open.

Even though it took a few minutes, she slowly opened the door and met her brother who had sat down by this point.

Sniffing the tears away she looked down at him. "What kind of surprise."

Proud that he got her to come out fairly quickly he stood up and gave her a quick warm hug.

"Like I said, you have to finish dinner first. But I think you'll like it." Clay said softly as he took her hand and headed back to the dining room.

Happy that the two returned, their mom smiled and gave her son a soft pat on the shoulder as he passed by her.

Once all settled in, the family finished their dinner. Small talk here and there. But it was mostly quiet until their father made another joke. Which got all the kids laughing and a hard punch on the arm from his wife.

Though afterwards they all helped clean and put away any leftovers that they had.

"Ok now will you tell me?" She asked with a smile as she waited patiently at the kitchen island.

He chuckled and nodded. "Yeah yeah, come to my room so I can show you."

Going in front of him to hurry up and get the surprise, she left her older brother in the dust by nearly running down to his room.

Talking his time he slowly went down the stairs and walked into his room. Seeing his little sister sat in his chair, spinning around.

"Well? What is is Clay?" She asked anxiously. It was just killing her to know what it was.

"Calm down. You have to work for this ok?" Clay said in a somewhat serious tone.

Though she didn't like the sound of that, she continued listening intently to her brother.

"I'll make you a deal. You get all A's on your report card and I'll buy you and me a ticket to that artist you like."

"Clay! All A's! You know that's impossible. You couldn't even get all A's." She whined, slumped back into the chair.

"Hey, watch it." He huffed as he seen the defeat in her eyes.

Although it was true, he wanted the best for her. And if going to a concert got her grades up then that's how it'll be.

"Fine. I have a compromise for you."

She quickly sat up and looked him directly in his eyes as he spoke so calmly. His voice had always been comforting when he wasn't teasing or making fun of her.

"You still need mostly A's, but I will allow two B's. Deal?" He smiled while extending his hand for a handshake.

With joy, she sprung out of the chair and hugged her brother. Thanking him and telling him he's the best ever.

"Deal!" She said overjoyed.

He couldn't help but laugh as he hugged her back. Seeing her so happy made his night all that much better.

"Ok ok, don't you have homework?" He said with a soft chuckle.

"Yes!" She quickly sprinted out of the room.

A couple seconds later she ran back into his room and smiled. "I love you Clay, you're really the best brother." Then again she ran out of the room and went to finish homework.

"I love you too." He said softly as he stood and walked over to his chair. Plopping down, to do some research on this guy.

If he had to endure a whole concert, if she managed to actually get mostly A's. Then it was better to know who he is and what he sings about.

This took hours as he scrolled through all the available social media he had. Twitter, Instagram and even Reddit had some articles. This guy was everywhere.

He wasn't much younger..

He had good style too.

Several hours had passed, and now he could hardly focus on a single word. They all started to blur together.

However this was the perfect opportunity. Clay took his AirPods and went of Spotify. Turning on the artists playlist as he closed his eyes.

Drifting off to sleep while trying to get a good idea of what make this new artist so special.

Fortunately, his voice wasn't all that bad either..

Charming in fact.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

188K 9.9K 44
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢'𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐮𝐩 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲? 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 �...
167K 6K 92
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
499K 14.3K 106
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc
1.1M 61.8K 38
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...