Future Dynasty

Af RebelsDarkness

My name is Layla Kennedy and I'm the daughter of the famous Lyra Anderson and infamous Riker Kennedy. My life... Mere

Note!!
Prologue
Lecture One
Lecture Two
Lecture Three
Lecture Four
Lecture Five
Lecture Six
Lecture Seven
Lecture Eight
Lecture Ten
Lecture Eleven
Lecture Twelve
Lecture Thirteen
Lecture Fourteen
Lecture Fifteen
Lecture Sixteen
Lecture Seventeen
Lecture Eighteen
Lecture Nineteen
Lecture Twenty
Lecture Twenty-One
Lecture Twenty - Two
Lecture Twenty-Three
Lecture Twenty-Four
Lecture Twenty-Five
Lecture Twenty-Six
Lecture Twenty-Seven
Lecture Twenty-Eight
Lecture Twenty-Nine
Lecture Thirty
Lecture Thirty-One
Lecture Thirty-Two
Lecture Thirty-Three
Lecture Thirty-Four
Epilogue
THANK YOU!!!

Lecture Nine

2.3K 99 16
Af RebelsDarkness

Sometimes You Just Have To Throw On The Crown And Remind Them Who They're Dealing With.

"Where are we going now?"

Daniella ignored me as she continued to walk in front of me through their headquarters. Two men stood on either side of me their hands on each one of my arms. My hands were once against cuffed behind my back but it was clear they weren't taking any risks this time.

When the agents had finally got into the room earlier they had grabbed me and freed the man and Daniella. Another one had made some sort of comment to Daniella as she freed her from the table. The comment didn't look pleasant judging from the embarrassment on Daniella's face after.

Something about the smug look on the older woman's face had ticked me off. When she had been walking back towards the door I had tripped her up and innocently said oops.

There was a lot of things I could deal with in life but watching someone push someone around wasn't one of them. Messing around with Daniella and that man was one thing but what ever that woman had said to Daniella had hit a nerve.

That didn't settle well with me even though I didn't know Daniella all that well.

My eyes scowled at the back of Daniella's head trying to work out how she would know my brother and Nick. Clearly there was more to the story than I was told.

Suddenly we came to a stop in front of a room. I had been so lost in my own thoughts that I hadn't even noticed my guards stopping making me jerk back beside them. The pain in my arms rocked through my body and I could see the satisfaction on their faces.

Standing up tall I didn't show them I was in pain. I wasn't going to give them the satisfaction.

Daniella started to talk to the man that was placed in front of the door. As they talked I looked into the room through the glass walls.

What I seen had me set into a panic.

"Fuck." I mumbled under my breath as I tried to get the two men's grips off my shoulders and arms. My fingers played with the pin that was in my hand trying to work on the lock but it was no use.

My movements were to obvious and they knew about my party trick one of them reached down and grabbed my hands stopping my movements. He pulled the pin out of my hand and glared at me. Nothing was said behind us but I got the message loud and clear.

Suddenly I seen River come up the hallway. He was being lead the exact same way I was. With his back straight and his head held high you wouldn't think he was the one that was under lock and key.

Our eyes locked and straight away he read the panic on my face. With my eyes I directed him towards the room without a word being spoken between us.

Just as quickly as my panic set into me he was obviously distressed. He started to fight against his guards and threw his elbow back hitting one of the men in the nose. There was a awful cracking sound before all hell broke lose.

Watching five other men struggle to get River to the ground I threw my leg out hitting one of the men who had ahold of me. I didn't look back to see where I hit but judging from how he feel to the ground it was his knee.

With my left side now free I threw myself against the other man in a tackle. In the mayhem I was able to grab the pin back, planning on freeing my hands. Next thing I knew I felt more hands on me as they tried to get me under control. There wasn't many options for me to work with as my hands were literally tied behind my back but I did my best to fight back.

Then the door to the room opened.

Both me and River froze as our eyes connected with the woman who stood there. It wasn't just us that froze, the whole room froze. They were watching and waiting some of them almost looking like they couldn't believe their eyes.

There was only one woman in this entire word that could have such an effect on a room with just her presence.

With her electric blue eyes she scanned over the crowed taking each one of them in one by one. Finally her eyes landed on River who seemed to be lost for words and unsure where to look. After a while he finally settled on looking at the ground. She was probably the only person that could intimidate River and that's saying something.

She was in a different league to us.

I've watched River speak up to my dad when it came to me but with her there was no chance of him doing such a thing.

Finally her eyes clashed with my own cloud grey ones. With her flawless skin and deadly looks you would swear there was no one that could rival her. Often I would find myself jealous at the fact that she was now in her forty's but didn't look a day out of her twenty's. You could swear she had some sort of magic potion.

My dad had always said I was her double when it came to looks but there was something far more powerful when it came to her. The way she carried herself and knowing that every move she made was controlled and calculated. It was nothing like my wild nature.

There was also nothing any more deadly than knowing that this woman who had silenced a whole room with just her presence was my mom.

Lyra Kennedy or as the world knew her, Lyra Anderson.

Keeping my eyes on my mom carefully I watched as her bored look from only moments ago was now one of amusement.

Turning around she went back into the room and for the first time in what like forever I let out a breath of relief. Just as soon as I relaxed my racing heart my mind started to run wild.

What was my mom doing here? Had they called her?

Before I could form the words the men pushed me into the room behind my mom. I could sense that River was following us and before we knew it we were pushed into the seats across from my mom.

Looking away from my mom for a spilt second I noticed that it was that man Davis sitting at the head of the table.

With the pin I once against started to work on the cuffs that trapped my hands together.

"What is my daughter and River doing here?"

My moms voice made me freeze for a second. I hadn't known what to expect when I seen her but I wasn't expecting it to be so peaceful on my part. The first thought to pop into my head was that they had called her but it was clear that she didn't even know we were here.

My mom was on a business meeting in London I didn't even know she was back in the country.

"This time I want to make a deal with you." Davis voice was light hearted as he spoke and it was clear him and my mom knew each other.

How would my mom know anyone here? And how could she so freely walk about when they probably knew about my dad?

Davis then turned his attention to the man who was standing at the door. "Take the cuffs off them."

Before the man was able to walk up I held up my hands showing that I was already free. River turned his back to me so that I was able to free his hands next.

"I see your daughter has tricks of her own." Davis sounded amused as he studied me and River before turning his attention back to my mom. "She doesn't seem to take after you much other than her looks."

"What makes you say that?" Questioned my mom her lips turned up slightly. I knew that look, she was playing a game. A game that I wanted to stay out of.

My moms games were infamous for being deadly probably more so than I could imagine.

"Judging from that mayhem that she caused out in the hall." Davis raised his eyebrow and it surprised me that he was stepping up to my moms challenge.

Something about the way they were talking and the atmosphere in the room told me this wasn't the first time they had come face to face.

My mom grinned and rested her chin on the palm of her hand as she leaned on the table. She looked at me carefully and I did my best to look confident about the situation. Holding my head high and sitting tall I sent a glare Davis way as I rubbed my wrists. My mom then turned her attention back to Davis.

"My daughter will probably be more dangerous than me in the future Davis, so I'd watch how you handle her."

Davis looked surprised at the comment and he wasn't the only one my reaction probably copied his own. Never before had I heard my mom say such a praise about me. Of course she had always told me she was proud of me when I got good grades or when I stood up for what I believed in but never this.

"Your crown Lyra, is one that can't be matched."

There was something in Davis' voice that told me there was a level to that sentence that I didn't get. There seemed to be some sort of understand between Davis and my mom and I didn't know what to make of it.

My mom just waved off his comment like it didn't mean anything but there was something that told me that wasn't the truth.

"I only do what I need to do to survive. If that means I have to take on the world to do it then so be it."

Glancing at River I could see that he too was trying to piece together what they were talking about.

From what I knew my mom ran a very successful empire. She ran all sorts of companies from the newest technology to charities for all types of people. The way they were talking though told me that it ran much deeper than that.

It was my dad that wasn't what you would call the most innocent person in the world but I always thought my dad and moms business were far apart. To me my mom had nothing to do with my dads world and my dad had nothing to do with my moms.

Maybe what I thought wasn't the truth.

"So what is this deal you wanted to talk about?" Asked my mom but Davis looked unsure as he glanced at me and River before looking at my mom. She caught on to his hesitation but she waved him off. "Don't worry about them they're old enough to start to learn about it."

Davis cleared his throat before sitting up straighter in his chair. He didn't look as confident as my mom but something told me had been in these situations plenty of times before with her.

"I need your help with the Myers family."

At the sound of Payton and Nicks family I started to pay real attention to what was going on.

My mom tilted her head and gave him a cunning smile. It was like she knew what he was going to say because she did not look one bit surprised.

"And here I thought you were going to surprise me with something." My mom sighed like she was disappointed with what Davis had just said. Me and River on the other hand were completely shocked.

"This isn't funny Lyra." Davis' voice was stern and you could tell he was all about business now. "This family is starting to cause trouble in this City, big trouble."

Mom looked bored by everything Davis was saying. It was like none of it interested her in anyway but I knew that the Myers family were causing trouble but I didn't think it ran that deep.

It might not interest my mom but it would interest my dad.

"I already know what they're doing and so does Riker." Agreed my mom but yet she still gave nothing away.

"And I'm meant to believe that you're doing nothing about it?" Davis' voice was unbelievable as he stared down my mom but she didn't even flinch at his look.

Instead she shrugged her shoulder and leaned back in her chair. "Believe what you want."

"Look Lyra the last thing this City needs is an all out war on the -"

"Isn't that meant to be your job to prevent?" Commented my mom cutting off Davis completely.

There was a cold blank look on my moms face and I could tell she was done with this whole conversation.

Davis looked caught off guard but with a sharp glare he looked ready to speak once more. "Well then I guess there no need to prote-"

Again he was cut off by my mom.

"My daughter? River? I don't know why they're here or what they are here for but I'm sure you thought you could use it to your advantage." The blank face my mom held was now gone and was replaced with a grin as she got more comfortable. "So let's play this game then. You tell me what charges you're going to press against them or what leverage you're going to try and use against me. Then I will tell you why whatever it is you've got planned isn't going to work and you'll only get what I'll allow you to have."

Davis was silent again, not believe what was happening. My mom had all the control in her hands and she didn't even know what the facts where. Even me and River sat there not believing how much control she held in a situation she had no power over.

"So let's hear it." Sighed my mom but that daring look never left her eyes. She was challenging Davis. "I want to know what it is you've had planned. In fact I want to hear from Layla and River themselves what happened."

My moms attention then went to me and River and slowly Davis eyes followed. Her stare was one of amusement and after a second of me and River not talking she sent a wink my way telling me it was ok.

Swallowing down my nerves I cleared my throat and sat proudly. "Me, River and Nick where by the port outside the City. We were just taking a drive and I wanted to get a closer look at the port so we went for a walk down the side of the hill. Then next thing I knew one of their agents was standing in front of us telling River to put down the gun. She had her own gun pointed at his head. His gun was never pulled out it was on his waist. I didn't know who she was so I pulled out my own."

"Did the agent tell you who they were?" Asked my mom.

She didn't look annoyed or angry or anything just amused by everything.

My mom was 100% in control.

"No she never announced who she was."

My mom then turned to Davis. "My daughter had a right to defend them. Your agent never told them who they were and just pointed a gun at their heads."

With that one sentence I could see on Davis face that he didn't have a leg to stand on when it came to the situation. Then something dawned on him.

"Layla attacked two of my agents. River here just broke another ones nose in the hallway."

"After they were both wrongfully arrest for frankly nothing. Can't blame them for fighting back against something that they shouldn't be in the middle of in the first place. If you want to file something against them, if you find anything that is, contact my lawyers because I will not be threatened in a childish game." Standing up my mom basically told us all that she was done with this situation. "Next time you try and use one of my children or one that is basically like a son to me against me, I won't be so nice." 

My mom started to walk to towards the door and me and River stood up ready to leave with her but she stopped. First she looked at me and then River and finally Davis.

"My daughter mentioned Nick Myers was with her. Where is he?"

Davis didn't seem to know where my mom was going with this.

Nick was apart of the family Davis wanted my moms help with. He was a valuable piece to the F.B.I if it was his family they were going after but they also had nothing against him.

"Locked in one of the interrogation rooms."

"Well seeing as he was with Layla and River that means he didn't do anything either. So I'll take him home myself."

There was something in my mom voice that was a warning to Davis. Something that only the two of them understood because slowly Davis nodded in agreement.

My mom was far more powerful than I had ever thought.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

45K 1.1K 43
"Ezra?" I ask, glaring at his stupidly beautiful face. "Yes, love?" He answers, his eyes fixed on the flowers infront of us. "I hate you." I say. He...
Chaos High Af Nat

Teenage Fiktion

235K 8.4K 51
Lyra Anderson had spend the last three years focusing solely on getting what she wanted. Now she was starting to make that mark on the world that she...
3.2M 79.2K 59
She looks up at me, taking a step forward and smiling slightly, "How can I ever get hurt when I have you here to protect me?" "But you could have got...
Anarchy High Af Nat

Teenage Fiktion

380K 12.9K 49
SECOND BOOK OF THE HIGH SOCIETY SERIES!! NEED TO READ REBEL HIGH OR ELSE THIS WILL MAKE NO SENSE!! It's three days until the start of Senior year...