Kya/Lin Beifong Oneshots

By sourmochii

One shots of my favourite ship :) More

Letter
Date Night
Healer
Distraction
The Party (Part One)
Fire
Authors Note
The Party (Part Two)
Memories (Part One)
Trouble
The Party (Part Three)
Motel Room
I Don't Want you to Leave Me
The Letter (v.2)
Water Fountain (pt. 2)
Heyoo!
Darkroom
Spar
🪶

Comfort

1K 33 24
By sourmochii

It was like a wake up call for everyone. Reminding them of the one thing they had seemed to forget.

Death can happen in an instant.

"Are you coming to the South Pole with me?" Tenzin asked. "No, you should be with your family." Lin said. "I know. That's why I asked." Tenzin sat down next to her.

"My father meant as much to you as he did to me. You shouldn't be alone. We're having a family dinner to celebrate his life. Firelord Zuko and Izumi will be there. Please come with me, Lin." He said.

Lin sighed and stood up. She got her shoes and coat on and headed for the door. "Are we going to the south or not?" She looked back at Tenzin, who was still sitting on heir couch. He gave her a smile and followed her out the door.

"Mother, it's nice to see you." Tenzin hugged Katara tightly. "Lin, I was hoping you'd come." Katara said.

Lin gave a sheepish smile, turning her attention to the brown haired girl behind Katara. Kya was standing over the sink scrubbing a plate with a rag. More than likely dishes from breakfast this morning. "I didn't know you'd be here, Kya." Tenzin said. "Why wouldn't I be?" Kya asked.

Tenzin shrugged his shoulders. "Just figured you'd be too busy traveling." He said, a hint of annoyance in his voice.

"Been here since dad died." Kya said under her breath.

"Come on, lets go sit." Tenzin placed a hand on Lin's lower back, leading her into the living room.

Wanting to avoid the awkward silence between her and her own fiance, she caught Katara's shoulder passing by. "Do you need any help cooking?" Lin asked. "Thank you so much, Lin." Katara said.

Lin followed her into the kitchen.

"Don't worry about those, dear, it's just a couple plates. I'll get them later." Katara placed a hand on Kya's shoulder. Kya sat the dish back down in the sink and dried her hands off with a towel.

"Hey." Lin said with a smile. Kya nodded and pushed past her, leaving Lin without a response.

"Don't mind her. It's been a rough few weeks since Aang's passing." Katara said. "I.. uh, I'm sorry." Lin said. "It's alright." Katara put her hands on Lin's shoulders and smiled at her. "Let's start cooking." She said.

Everyone was around the table, filling their plates and talking.

"There they were.. the troops we had been looking for for weeks! I ran to go save them, then out of no where... three saber-tooth moose lions came running towards me! I threw one over my shoulder, I tackled one to the ground, then, just as I was about to be eaten alive, I swung a hard left hook and-" "Bumi, please!" Tenzin interrupted him.

"Can't we just have one normal dinner without you're crazy made up stories?" Tenzin said. Lin tensed up at this sudden urge of annoyance.

Bumi crossed his arms. "This isn't just some normal dinner, Tenzin. I apologize for trying to lighten up the mood a bit." He said.

Tenzin sunk back in his chair. "Guy's please. Stop arguing and get over yourselves. You're causing a scene." Kya said.

Tenzin scoffed a bit. "Yeah, like you have room to talk about causing a scene." He said under his breath. Lin hit him in the arm.

"What?" Kya glared at him.

"Kids, please. Can we please enjoy this dinner." Katara said. Tenzin, Kya, and Bumi all exchanged sorrowful looks at each other. "Yes, mother." Tenzin said.

"Yeah."

"Sorry, Mom."

Tenzin paused before taking another bite of his food. "Wheres Firelord Zuko? And Izumi?" He asked.

"I'm not sure, if I'm being honest. The only guess I have is that the storm was too much for Druk to fly through, and they couldn't get a messenger hawk out." Katara spoke softly. "Well, Oogie flew in just fine?" Tenzin said.

"Not every flying animal has a coat of fur thicker than the walls of Ba Sing Se, Tenzin." Lin said. She heard a small chuckle and looked up to see Kya with a smirk on her lips.

Tenzin didn't respond to Lin's comment, instead picking up his fork and shoving it into his mouth.

Kya was back in the kitchen, hunched over the sink, with a plate in her hand. "Here, let me help." Lin grabbed a spare dish cloth and stood next to Kya. She picked up a bowl and started cleaning it.

"You don't have to help. I can do it." Kya said. "I know you can." Lin said as she continued to clean the dishes they used for dinner.

The silence between them was never awkward. It was almost blissful knowing they didn't have to drag on some meaningless conversation just to enjoy each others company. Lin was grateful to have something with Kya that she didn't have with Tenzin.

"Oh, there you are, Lin." Lin sighed at the silence being broken. "Don't bother with those, Kya will get them." He sat down at the island.

Kya furrowed her eyebrows at Tenzins comment.

"So, what did you mean about me causing a scene?" Kya asked. "I'm not starting an argument with you, Kya." Tenzin said. "Doesn't have to be one." Kya said.

Tenzin ignored her. "Lin, I wanted to talk to you about something." He said.

Lin finished rinsing a dish before leaving Kyas side.

"What is it?" Lin leaned against the island, Tenzin taking her hand in his.

"I think.. with my dads passing, maybe we should start thinking about kids." Tenzin said.

"Woah, hold on. Slow down, Tenzin. We- we're not even married yet!" Lin pulled away from him and stood up straight. 

"Yes, I know, but, Lin-" "If Lin doesn't want to have kids right now, you can't make her, Tenzin." Kya interrupted him. 

Tenzin furrowed his eyebrows at his sister, who was still facing the dishes. "Stay out of this, Kya." He said. 

"Tenzin I'm not ready for kids." Lin said. "Lin, the future of the airbenders-" "No, no don't do that." Kya dropped the dishes in her hand, and turned around with her hands on her hips. "Don't sit here and tell her the future of the airbenders is our responsibility like you always do." She mocked her brother. "Don't try to guilt trip her into having your kids." Kya said.

"This! This, Kya, is what I was talking about at dinner! No matter what's going on, even if it doesn't involve you, you always have to cause a scene! Just stay out of it, it's not like you have any understanding of responsibilities anyways." Tenzin said angrily.

Kya stared at Tenzin in disbelief. "I don't know anything about responsibilities?" Kya said.

"No, you don't. Because you decided to run away from everything and everyone the second you turned nineteen. You're so worried about travelling the world and 'finding yourself' when what you need to do is find a place and settle down. Stop acting like a teenager, Kya, grow up!" Tenzin said.

"I have been here for a month taking care of mom because you and Bumi had 'too much going on' to come see your own mother after dad just died!" Kya said.

Tenzin rolled his eyes at her. "Oh wow, Kya is actually sticking around! Kya is actually taking on some respons-" 

"Would both of you shut the fuck up before Katara hears you yelling like fucking idiots!?" Lin stopped the argument.

Kya walked out of the kitchen. "Yeah, go ahead and run, it's what you're best at-" "Tenzin." Lin snapped her head to look at him.

They heard the door slam shut. Lin gave Tenzin a glare that made him sink into his seat before she walked away.

Lin followed Kya outside. "Kya, stop!" She said. "Come on, this storm is really bad!" She tried to stop her. Lin could barely see Kya, so she focused on following her footprints in the snow.

"Leave me alone, Lin." Kya yelled back to her. She was struggling to walk through the two feet of snow below her, eventually falling to her knees, and covering her face with her hands.

Lin ran up, pulling her in. "I'm here, Kya." Lin said in her ear. "I've been trying so hard to keep myself busy, to keep from thinking about it, but i'm so burnt out." Kya cried.

"I've been there for everyone. I've put my whole life behind to come to the south and take care of my mother. I'm comforting my family in the best way I possibly can, but," Kya said. "Where's my support? Where is my help? Who is telling me that it's okay to be sad?" She cried.

"I miss him too. Where's my comfort, Lin?" Kya said.

Lin looked down at her frantically, not entirely sure how to help. How would she help?

She hugged Kya tighter. "I'm here for you, Kya. I'll always be here for you." She whispered.

After a couple minutes of sitting there, not speaking, Kya broke the silence. "Go inside, Lin. You're in a tank top." Kya's voice was quiet and raspy. "Not unless you're going with me." Lin said.

Lin may have been cold, but she was nothing if not stubborn.

Kya took a couple deep breaths before she stood up. "You're lucky I care about your well-being, Beifong." Kya huffed. Lin stood up, and Kya started walking towards her moms hut.

"Kya, wait." Lin grabbed her hand to stop her. "I'm not good at the whole comfort thing, but I'm here for you. And I care about you a lot." Lin scratched the back of her head nervously.

Lin was pulled into a hug. "Thank you, Lin." Kya said quietly. She pulled back a bit to look Lin in the eyes, and she smiled. "Tenzin is.. really lucky to have you." Kya said. Lin felt like her heart stopped for a second.

"Huh, yeah." Lin let out a nervous chuckle. She almost forgot about Tenzin with Kya standing there in front of her. 

Lin looked past her and saw a large figure landing in front of the hut. "Come on, it looks like Lord Zuko and Izumi made it." Lin smiled. Kya smiled back and wrapped her arm around Lin's while they walked back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.6K 684 16
Just some Gabenath, Hawkyura, Hawknath Gabeyura one shots. Hope you enjoy!
4.4K 23 30
Here some LOK one shots,some shipping story but also some inclued Y/n. Enjoy this guys !!!! :)
108K 1.2K 19
just some appreciation for a new favorite ship of mine. mainly just oneshots and short stories. tagged as mature (and 18+!) because of language, sexu...
29.1K 709 52
Oneshots about my absolute favourite people. Simple as that