My Burden

By music_master

More

My Burden
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4

Chapter 3

14 0 1
By music_master

(Next morning)

*4:00am*

I woke up really early because I want to get home ASAP. I got down from my bed and got my clothes from the nurse. Came back to my room, went to the rest room and took a bath. After taking a bath, I change clothes and went  out of my room.

"Honey, it's only 4:30 in the morning. I thought your best friend will fetch you later" Nurse Jade said to me.

Nurse Jade is the only nurse I know in this hospital because she was the one who helped me when I was just little.

"Don't want to disturb her. I want her to rest because she already took care of me for a week" I said to Nurse Jade.

"Oh... take care honey" Nurse Jade said to me.

I was about to walked out of the hospital when Nurse Jade called me again. Nurse Jade walked to me.

"Here's a knife honey" Nurse Jade gave to me.

"Why do you have a knife?" I asked shocked.

"I keep it incase there will be a thief coming" Nurse Jade whispered.

"I's ok, I know how to fight" I said to Nurse Jade.

"Ok honey just want to be sure that you will be safe" Nurse Jade said keeping the knife away.

"Bye Nurse Jade" I said opening the door.

"Bye honey" Nurse Jade said walking back to the counter.

It was cold and dark outside. I never thought it was this cold but good thing I'm wearing a jacket.

Now where to go? Elizabeth's house or my house? I want to know if she is ok but I have to be careful because of her mom. If I go home I will be alone again and I will get worried about Elizabeth.

Decided to go to Elizabeth's house because I want to know that she is safe. Elizabeth's house has two floors and it has a teris.

I looked up to her room thinking on how to get up there without making a noise and not waking her mom if her mom is still sleeping.

I climbed the tree beside there teris. I opened her door and walked in her room. I sat beside her on her bed.

Watching her sleeping I feel  happy (I know what your thinking that it's creepy and that I'm weird, I'm not ok I just want to that my best friend is ok) because I know that she is safe.Stroking a strand of her hair away from her face.

"I know you can't hear me but I just want to tell you that every hurt that I take is for you" I said to Elizabeth.

Elizabeth started to moved a little so I moved quietly so she wouldn't know that I'm here watching her sleeping.

I looked at my watch and I can see that it was already 6:00 in the morning. Anytime soon Elizabeth will wake up to pick me up from the hospital.

I turned off her alarm so she will not wake up and sleep continuosly without getting disturb. I continued to stare at her while sleeping.

I stand up slowly and walked around her room. Never realized how big her room is. She has a lot of books so it's obvious that she is a bookworm. I looked in her table and I can see the ring that I gave her when we were still little kids.

I remember getting in trouble just for that ring but it was worth it.

I was about to sit againbeside her when I heared footsteps from outside. I hid under Elizabeth bed.

I heared the door open so I sneak a peak from under the bed. I saw Elizabeth's mother walked in and checked Elizabeth. She saw that Elizabeth' alarm was off so she plugged it on and left her room.

I got out under the bed and cleaned myself up.

Suddenly, her alarm rang and she is getting ready to wake up. I ran fast outside and jump over there teris. I landed safely on the grass.

As much as I want to relax because I'm out of air, I ran as fast as I can back to my house. I look back and I can see from where I am standing that Elizabeth walked out of her room and into the teris.

I checked myself to see if I forgot something and good thing I didn't so Elizabeth will not find out that I came to her house secretly.

I ran again so I can reach my house fast and if ever Elizabeth visits my house.

While I was running, I fell down and somthing hit me on my knee. I didn't have time to check it so I just ran again with a bloody knee. I realized that it was bleeding because it was dripping.

I am a block away from my house so I just walked fast to reach my house. I unlock my house and walked in. I closed the door and sat on the couch. I looked at my bloody knee and I can see it was bleeding pretty bad.

(Elizabeth's POV)

I woke up 8:00 in the morning because my alarm just alarm now. That's weird my alarm should have alarm two hours a-OMG! My alarm suppose to alarm two hours ago. It's very cold, my room wasn't this cold. I look into the teris and I can see that the door is open.

I stand up and walked to the teris. I walked out of the teris and I can feel the soft wind on my face. I don't know I can feel like someon was here maybe it's just me because I just woke up.

I walked back inside my room. Closed the door and fix my bed really fast. I went out of my room and went downstairs. I walked inside the kitchen.

"Good morning sweety" My mum said to me.

"Good morning mum" I said hugging my mum.

"Here's your breakfast" Mum said putting my breakfast on the table.

I sat down and started eating really fast.

"Sweety slow down... you might choke, why are you so in a hurry?" Mum asked me.

"I'm going to fetch Athena from the hospital" I said after drinking water.

"She can go home by herself" Mum told me.

"I already told her that I will fetch her" I said to my mum standing up and putting my plate and glass on the sink.

"I have to fix myself now" I said kissing my mum on her temple.

"Elizabeth come back here" I already walked out of the kitchen and about to go upstairs.

I came back to the kitchen to talked to her.

"you should rest" Mum said to me.

"You already took care of her for one week" Mum continued.

"And besides she has her parents-" Mum said but I cut her off.

"Her parents are dead mum" I said unexpectedly.

"What? I-I thought-" Mum said.

"It's true there dead. Do you remember when we were little? I told you that I was just visiting her but I'm not I was being there for her because that was the day her parents died. She doesn't want to let anyone know so no one knows about it besides me and you so please don't tell anyone" I told my mum.

"Why doesn't she want anyone to know?" Mum asked me.

"Because she dislikes when people show pity on her" I said.

I ran upstairs quickly and went to the bathroom to take a bath. After taking a bath, I walked in to my closet and choose the clothes to wear. I choose to wear a blue sweatshirt and pants with a red shoes. I walked out of my room and headed downstairs.

"Bye mum" I said goin out of my house and closing the door.

I called a cab to go to the hospital. It took five minutes for the cab to arrive in the hospital.

Thank you Sir" I said getting out of the cab and giving the money to the driver.

I headed inside the hospital and walked straight to Athena's room. I didn't asked any nurse because I already know.

I walked in the room and saw a woman fixing the bed.

"Excuse me miss," I said to the woman fixing the bed.

The woman stopped fixing the bed,

"Yes?" She asked me.

"Where is the girl here?" I asked her.

"I'm sorry ma'am, I just came in" She said to me.

"Oh-ok thank you" I said.

I walked out of the room and headed to the counter.

"Miss where is Ms. Johnson?" I asked the nurse on the counter.

The nurse checked the log book.

"Ma'am Ms. Johnson is already out of the hospital" The nurse said to me.

"Who let her out? I asked.

"No one is signed her that let he rout" The nurse said checking the log book again.

I walked away and run fast outside the hospital.

Now where could Athena be? I'll just go to her house maybe she is there.

 I walked on the way to her house because the hospital is kinda close to her house.

I decided to take the short cut so I walked in the woods. It's been a while since I walked here.

My last walked was a long time ago because since "that day" Athena never let me go to her house because it was dangerous because it's in the woods.

I reached her house and knocked on her door.

"Athena are you there?" I asked.

No one answered so I just stand there and wait for someone to answer the door.

I look inside her house through the window and I cannot see a thing because it's dark.

I knocked again to know if someone is really home.

(Athena's POV)

My house is pretty quiet and dark so you will not know if someone is here or not. It's because I just want to be alone. Besides I live near the woods so it's just ok.

My knee is still bleeding pretty bad and- *knock knock knock* someone is knocking on the door probably it's Elizabeth.

I stand up and walked slowly towards the door. Every moved I make my knee aches. I reached the door and opened it slowly.

"Elizabeth why are you here?" I asked her.

"I went to the hospital and were not there" Elizabeth said walking in my house.

"Come in" I murmured,

"I told you that I will fetch you, who let you out?" Elizabeth asked me."I - uh -" I tried to explain but Eli cut me off.

"And what happened to your knee, it's bleeding?" Elizabeth asked me.

"Could you sit down I'll explain myself" I said to her.

Elizabeth sits on the couch with the waiting-for-your-explaination look.

I walked to her slowly, she was about to help me but I stopped her and let her sit.

"First I weren't in the hospital because I went home early and no one let me out, I let myself out of the hospital"I explained to her.

"I told you-" Elizabeth said but I cut her off.

"I know what you told me, it's just that I don't want to disturb you because you already took care of me for one week so I went out of the hospital in the middle of the night" I said to her.

"And about my knee I was walking in the woods heading to my house when I trip to something, that's why until now it's bleeding" I said to her.

"That is dangerous Athena, you have to be careful" Elizabeth said.

"So is going here to my house, what did you use going here Elizabeth short vut or long cut?" I asked her.

"Well... I was so worried where you were and I wanted to know if you were at home so I use the short cut" Elizabeth said not looking to me because she knows that I will get mad which I am.

"WHAT?! You know that path is dangerous" I said screaming at her.

"I know but-" Elizabeth said but I cut her off again.

"I told you before never go to my house again" I said angrily.

"What was I suppose to do Athena?! I was worried and didn't know where you were"Elizabeth said standing up.

"Never do that againa nd here is my number incase your in trouble and don't know where I am call me" I said giving her a piece of paper with my number on it.

Elizabeth took the paper and put it in her pocket.

"Wait here, I'll just change clothes then I'll take you home" I said going upstairs leaving her sitting on the couch.

After changing into a purple sweat shirt and a grey hoodie, I covered my knee with a bandage and I went down to Elizabeth.

"Come on, I'll take you home" I said to Elizabeth.

"You just came from the hospital and your knee is bleeding" Elizabeth said.

"I'm fine and I already covered my knee so let's go" i said opening the door.

Elizabeth stand up and walked out of the door. I closed the door and headed to my motorcycle.

"I'm not riding on your motorcycle Athena" Elizabeth said backing away.

"And I'm not allowing you to go home walking either so you don't have no chose but to ride with me" I said to her.

Elizabeth didn't respond because she knows that I'm right.

Elizabeth walked up to me and I gave her my only helmet and she put it on.

"Your not wearing a helmet?" Elizabeth asked concerned.

"No I'm not, now sit behind me" I said to Elizabeth sitting onb my motorcycle and opening the engine.

"What if we get into an accident?" Elizabeth asked trying to take the helmet off.

"We are not ok and I'm use not wearing a helmet because I just ride my motorcycle around here so I don't take the helmet off and sit behind me" I said to her.

Elizabeth fixed the helmet and behind me.

"Hold tight" I said starting the engine and stepping on the gas so I can moved faster.

Elizabeth hold me tight on my shoulders and I can feel that sher is shaking.

"Thena slow down..." Elizabeth said scared.

"You don't need to be scared" I said happily.

"Athena look out for that branch" Elizabeth said afraid.

I saw the branch hanging on the tree.

"Heads down" I said still riding fast.

Elizabeth and I bowed our heads and I continued riding fast on the way to Elizabeth's house.

"That was close" I said looking back.

After 5 minutes, we finally reach Elizabeth's home safe and sound.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

The Whole Truth By jaxharlow

Mystery / Thriller

433K 20.2K 52
Adele knows she witnessed a murder - what she doesn't know is just how personal it is. ...