KLANCE: Stranded

By redbutternut

In the heat of battle against the Galra Empire, a wormhole appears out of nowhere. Tossing Lance, Shiro and K... More

¦Read first¦
1¦ Purple
2¦ Red
3¦ Blue
5¦ Pink

4¦ Yellow

127 0 0
By redbutternut

|L A N C E|

I looked away from Keith's stupidly adorable smiling face. I mean his stupid face, just stupid, scratch that adorable smile off. Honestly I was really impressed but it pisses me how I couldn't start the fire. But I really shouldn't be mad at him for knowing how to do it. I did saw where he lived, heck we even stayed there for a while waiting for Shiro to wake up. He had a battered up stove that he probably couldn't use well to cook his own food. So it was likely more convenient for him to start his own fire than use his own old dead stove.

I heard him chuckle softly. My head turn back to him to give him a challenging look, daring him to say something that could piss me off further. Keith just turned his back with a smile, he was putting his gloves back on. He had his dagger and was going off to maybe bring his helmet back.

"Hey! Kogane! Where are you going?" I shouted.

"What does it look like? We need something to sleep on. Or would you be honored to use a rock as a pillow?" he said taking his helmet off the ground, bringing it and himself back near the warmth of the fire.

"Actually," I began scratching my head and walked to Blue. I passed by him in which he was giving me a questioning look. "I'd sometimes sleep in Blue, so there's a sleeping bag and a pillow I have stored inside." I said with a sheepish smile.

With Blue unresponsive it was good enough her cockpit was left open for me to go in and go out. Hopefully nothing or no one ransacked the inside while I was gone, but then maybe her particle barrier went up when I was gone, still she refused to show any signs of moving that could help us get out of this planet.

I got inside and went to the storage like room I would enter to first before the control pit. There was a pile of thrown storage boxes and I picked one that I knew hid the sleeping bag and pillow inside. I took both into my arms and went back to Keith outside of Blue. While walking I saw Keith sitting by the blue fire with his back facing me. I stopped and stared for a while. I know it's creepy, okay it might be creepy how I keep staring at Keith more than just I've done today. I had actually been observing him without his knowledge from a while ago. Back when he had been crouching or bending down to reach for a piece of stick off the ground. No one can blame me for staring at his ass!

I gulped recalling how he almost caught me. To tell the truth he actually did caught me but I had turned my head away. I can only hope he thought nothing much of it. I continued to walk, my eyes remaining on Keith and his ridiculous mullet. A thought then struck me so hard in the face.

"Uh...Keith, buddy..." I began when I was near his earshot. "I only have one sleeping bag." I said pushing it in front for him to clearly see.

"So?" Keith deadpanned, not seeing the problem here.

"So? How can you just say 'so'! This is a problem. I only have one sleeping bag. Are we suppose to sleep together in it? Noooope! Nooo! No way!!" I said waving the still folded sleeping bag and pillow around.

"What! No! We are not doing that. I thought we'd take turns, one can sleep first while the other takes first watch." he explained still seated on the ground, his hands twirled his dagger around.

"Oh," was all I managed to say."....ohhhh! Why didn't I think of that! Of course we won't be sleeping side by side together! I would never dream of that to happen!" I said along with a nervous laugh. Cursing in my head mentally.

Keith looked confused and...hurt? I wasn't really sure. He stood up with his dagger and summoned his red bayard out, that I knew he would later form into a sword. Yeesh, it's like he has an obsession with knives or sharp pointy things.

"You can have it first. I'll take first watch." he simply said and allowed his bayard to transform into a sword as I expected. Ready to take off and scout the woods for any nearby danger. That was until I let the bag drop, not the pillow though, and touched his shoulder. Stopping him from going any farther.

"Uh, yeah, no. You take it first."I handed him the pillow, shoving it into his arms. He still had his bayard out in a sword. "You're tired from all that effort of making a fire for us, plus you said it yourself you've been walking through the woods for three vargas. You should sleep first and I'll take the first watch." I pointed to myself using my thumb.

"Lance–" he began to object.

"It's my sleeping bag and pillow so you don't really have a say in it." I said smirking at him. He looked back at me with an annoyed and hesitant face. "Also, I remember before our battle with the Galra and this whole stranded situation, you barely had any sleep." I mentioned all while giving him a smug look. The panic and realization set in his indigo eyes. Yup I knew it and caught him red handed.

"I–I did get some sleep. I'm fine. I will take the first watch." he stuttered shoving the pillow back to me.

"Keith, you have dark bags under your eyes, it clearly shows you didn't get enough sleep before the fight! You sleep first!" I argued back and shove the pillow back to him. His bayard now disappeared back into his suit.

"Well I always have bags under my eyes!" he said shoving the pillow back again to me.

"Exactly why you should sleep!" I screamed back along with the pillow to him. "Now sleep!" I demanded and pointed to the sleeping bag discarded on the ground.

"Fine," he grumbled. Clearly he wanted to argue back and shove the pillow back at me again but decided to just comply. Walking to get the sleeping bag and set it up for him to sleep on. He sat on it putting the pillow to where his head would rest. Then he crossed his arms and looked at me irritated. "Happy?" he asked.

"Atta buddy!" I smiled and summoned my own bayard out. "Now, lay down and be a good boy, its way past your bedtime, Keithy." I cooed at him. Although the fire was letting out a blue glowing light, by the way his cheeks appear to darken I could tell he was blushing. I guessed he's embarrassed to be called like that.

"Just shut up and go already." he groaned hiding his face into the covers the sleeping bag provided him.

"Alright! I'm going! You better get some sleep Mullet!" I said giving him a warning look.

I turned and let my bayard transform into a gun. Taking along my helmet and putting it back on. Before I could fully leave I turned my head once again back to him. I caught Keith laying down already facing on the side which allowed him to look at me. Once he saw me looking back at him, he instantly turned to the other side hugging the pillow closer to his head. I smiled and laughed a little.

I walked away with my bayard gun in hand. Holding it close to me with my finger hovering above the trigger. Aiming it around,ready to fire at the moment of danger.

Because of the landing, well, crashing actually, that Blue and I endured there's a whole wide open area now thanks to us. But the trees and rock pillars that were lucky enough to get unharmed were standing tall above us. Even with Blue's resting form she was much taller than a few trees but not taller than the rock pillars. I don't know why there were even these thin and thick high ass rocks, so I decided to not just question it.
I walked through the woods and out of the open area. The visor of my helmet still working perfectly as it scanned the environment around for heat signatures or any possible dangers lurking near. Thankfully enough the Altheans made their technology stuff to be water proof.

Ticks passed by which then turned to dobashes and then vargas. I've lost track of time really becaused I obviously don't have a clock or a watch on me. I have been scouting the area and there was nothing. Not even a single animal or any life forms at all. Just unmoving trees and rock pillars. It had been a while already so I decided to head back to the fire and guard Keith while he sleeps, and to not stare at him at all. Noooo.

My feet took me out of the woods and back to the open. Smoke bellowed from the campfire, it was slowly dying. I immediately put my bayard away and collected more wood for the fire. When I felt I collected enough I went closer and threw a few into it, allowing the blue flames to transfer to the new pile of woods and continue to burn longer.

I stood beside near where Keith was now sound asleep. Taking my helmet off and placing it along beside where I took a seat. Folding my legs crossed and summoning ny bayard out again just to make sure I was prepared.

I sighed and stared into the blue fire. I was surprised to see it burn in this color, expecting for the usual yellow orange glow instead. Regardless of that, it was beautiful. Little shining blue specs of light would float above and disappear into the black inky sky. Fading along into the stars that scattered above us. My mind then drifted to Keith. I let my eyes fall onto him and stare, again.

I watched his sleeping figure. He had himself huddled to the side, gripping on the sleeping bag to shield him from the cold. He would be a little spoon if he was sleeping with someone beside him. Not that I'm mentioning that as to hope that the someone he would sleep beside would be me. No I was not thinking of that at all, definitely not.

Keith's silky black hair adorned his face, draping around his pale skin. His eyes were shut closed, covering behind his unusual yet unique indigo colored eyes. His breathing was going at a rhythmic pace as I watched him and the last thing I looked at was his lips. Quiznack, how can he have such pinkish and kissable lips. He looks like a girl. I stared some more watching his steady breathing and I realized how I've been staring at him for such a long time already. I looked way mentally cursing at myself.

I should really stop staring at him. It would be totally awkward and embarrassing if he fully catches me in the act. I would look like a creep and he would think I am a creep. But I am not! It's just hard to take one's eyes off at someone like Keith. He just has this way of drawing you in even without doing a single thing. No it's not a crush, it's just admiration. Though I would still never ever admit that to him.

My eyes were back on the fire, staring at it instead of Keith's sleeping figure. I watched the fire dance and consume the wood. Sounds of crackling would emit every tick, either louder or softer. I sighed and wandered back to the stars. There were so many that decorated the inkish black sky this night. Since there wasn't much any light pollution and just the small fire we have going, the small twinkling light dots were very visible to the naked eye. The sight was just marvelously breathtaking, as if it was a painting on canvas. I could picture dozens of constellations I wasn't familiar with, so I made up my own. One looked like a shark as I traced it with my eyes. And the other was like a monkey wearing a hat while on a bicycle? I quietly laughed at that, my own imagination conjuring silly things.

It was so quiet. I could only hear the fire crackle and Keith's breathing. It went on like this for a varga now, I was starting to feel sleep take over me. So I sat straight up followed by a slap to my own face to push the sleep away. But even with the stinging sensation my own slap brought it can't be helped, I was really tired now. I yawned and stretched. As much as I think I should ask Keith to switch with me so I can rest too, I declined the idea. He needed to sleep, he needed the rest much more than I.

Before the battle with that random Galra Empire cruiser whatever, I heard Keith train all night without sleep. Well the training room was far from my room but I woke up in the middle of the night feeling thirsty, making me get up for water in the kitchen. I had to pass by the training room where I heard noises. The door automatically opened and I saw him in close combat against the Althean training bot. It was the worst timing to catch him because he was thrown away and hit his back to the wall. I flinched and heard him groan. My instincts kicked in to help him but with how fast he got back on his feet, charging at the bot and stabbing it intensely with his sword. The bot dropped to the ground and disappeared beneath. Silence stretched as I stared, yes a lot of straing done indeed, and I listened to him catch his breath. Keith's head hung low, his black bangs covered any emotions that his eyes held. But he looked up as if finally sensing another presence, looking straight at the opened doors where I stood. The sclerae in his eyes turned pale yellow, pupils a clear purple color in feline like slits. A bit of his mouth hang open as he breathed heavily and I saw fangs.

I wasn't sure what to think of this. It was a first. The first time I've seen it. But I believed it was a trick in my eyes, I did just woke up. So I might have been imagining things that weren't really there. Yet the yellow glow his eyes were radiating off told me otherwise.

Keith's face was blank as he gazes at me, realization then came to his features. It was like as if he now finally realized who I was.

"Lance?" he asked.

Keith looked back down to the floor. His bangs covered his face again. He placed a hand to his face, rubbing at his closed eyes. Then his head turned back to me, blinking rapidly. I saw his eyes and they were back to normal again, the yellow glow was gone.

"What are you doing here?" Keith asked, his bayard sword still in his hand.

"I should ask the same thing to you." I said to him, stridding confidently.

"I'm training?" he replied, looking confused at me like as if I didn't know what training was.

"Yeah I can see that Keith. What I meant is you're still up at this hour. It's like what? Past midnight already if we were back on Earth." I pointed out and crossed my arms.

"Yeah but we're not on Earth Lance, in case you don't know that." he sassed back at me.

"Of course I know that! I just think you should stop and rest now."

"I will just right after I finish training." he said, shrugging me off to head back to the center.

"Wha–Why are you even training? What level are you even on now?"I asked him which made him stop in his tracks to turn around to me.

"14, I guess," Keith answered.

"What? You're already on 14! I haven't even made it past level 7 yet! Now you really have to stop! We're rivals it's unfair for you to hog the training room and get on higher levels than me. I should have Allura or Coran ban you from here, or atleast give you a time limit." I said beginning to drag him out.

"You can't have me banned from here. Training is a necessity, especially since we need to–"

"Yeah, yeah, coz' were Paladins of Voltron. Blah! Blah! Defeat the Galra and Zarkon! Blah! Boring stuff like that I know." I said, succeeding in getting him out. The doors shutting behind us. "You're also human Keith. You get tired and you need rest. You can train some more tomorrow but first you need to sleep. Like really those bags under your eyes will not help you get any ladies." I said and took his sword out of his hands, it then turned back into it's bayard form.

"Why are you even caring if I sleep or not? And I don't care about getting any ladies!" Keith said snatching his bayard back into his own hand. "Just go back to sleep Lance and mind your own business." Keith said and entered back into the training room.

"Keith! Keith, don't walk through that door!" I warned him. Though it was kinda too late already.

"I already have," he deadpanned at me and shut the doors. "Nice slippers by the way." was the last thing he said to me, locking me out.

"Keith!" I knocked but the doors to the training room now refused to open for me. From the inside I heard him begin another training sequence. "Alright! Fine! You can train for 15–no, 10 more dobashes! Then you better get some sleep or I will tell Allura and Coran to really ban you from using the training room ever again!" I screamed through the shut doors.

No reply from him came, just the sound of his training. I sighed and shook my head looking down.

Realization crashed its weight all over me when I saw my blue lion slippers.

"Quiznack! I've been talking to him in just my bathrobe and with a facemask on!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

286K 13.5K 62
ပုံတိုင်းဆောင် +ရာချီဒွေး သူကြီးသားလေးနဲ့ အပေါင်ဆိုင်သားလေးတို့ကိုဖတ်ပေးကြပါအုန်းရှင့် တောရွာပုံစံလေးကိုမှ ကြိုက်နှစ်သက်ရင်တော့ဒါလေးဖတ်ဖို့တောင်းဆိုပ...
217K 5.1K 55
❝ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. ❞ kate martin x fem! oc
103K 1.4K 51
𝐈𝐭𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 , 𝐀𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐲𝐚𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐧 𝟏𝟎𝐭𝐡 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞, 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐡...
26.2K 22 9
Mature, Sex, Smut