๐‹๐ˆ๐€๐‘ - marcus baker

By aresunn

"That's all you are, Marcus. A liar." "Me? A liar? Have you met yourself, Lin?" Marcus Baker x Fem!OC More

two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
update !

one

44.2K 628 899
By aresunn

She rushed to set the table for dinner.  We only had dinners at the table when guests came over, and that was a rare occurrence.  Mom never put herself out there like the other moms in town, but that never bothered me.  In fact, I preferred it that way.

"Mom, do you have to have them over? Can't you just call and tell them that we have other plans?" I frowned at her putting forks and spoons in their places.

Dinner on the couch was so much better.  The TV always kept the conversations going.

"No, that would be lying. Hurry and call Devin, they'll be here any minute."

I sighed as I made my way upstairs.  The downstairs half of the house was always to be kept clean, as to stay prepared for any chance of unexpected visitors, but upstairs maintained its cluttered look.

"Dinner's ready," I told my brother as I knock on his door. 

In only a few seconds, he opened his door.  He was dressed in quite possibly the nicest outfit he's ever worn, other than the suit he wore to my aunt's wedding a while ago.

"How do I look?" he asked nervously.

"Like a dweeb.  Who are you trying to impress? Mrs.  Miller?"  I asked confused as to why a twelve-year-old would dress that well for a dinner with people he doesn't know.

"Virginia, duh.  I'm gonna get her to date me."

"She's like fifteen, Devin."

"So?" he says before jogging downstairs.

I laughed before walking to my room to grab my phone.  I glanced at myself in the mirror to make sure I was dressed well before walking out.

"Lin, come down, would you?" My father yelled from downstairs.

Without answering, I walked downstairs to see three people in my living room.

"Lin, this is Georgia, Virginia, and Austin. They moved in a few weeks ago."

"Hi, Aylin," Georgia smiled widely.

Before continuing the conversation, Mom rushed us to the table where the food was getting cold.

"So, Virginia," my mother began, only to be interrupted.

"Ginny."

"Right, uh, Ginny. How are you liking it here so far?"

"It's fine," she said simply before taking a bite of her food.

Ginny seemed unimpressed with everything, and I could tell it was bugging my mom. My dad must've caught onto it too because he decided to start a new conversation.

"Are you guys going to the fair tonight?"

"Oh, yes. Ellen told us about that and we were considering it," Georgia smiled, "Are you guys?"

"Yes, we are. Well, the kids are. Lorna and I take the night to ourselves, if you know what I mean," my dad laughed at his answer.

"Ew, really Dad?" Devin asked with a disturbed look on his face.

"What does that mean?" Austin asked confused.

"Nothing, David is just a little stupid," my mom chuckled.

The rest of dinner went by fairly quickly, and at the end, Ginny and Austin started to warm up to us.  Noticing that, Georgia allowed Ginny to go to the fair, so long as she was accompanied by me.

I mean,  I wasn't planning on hanging out with her, but she could join my friends and me.

That second, Ginny's face lit up.   Seeing the excitement on her face, my mom told Ginny and me to go upstairs to get ready.

Ginny and I put our dishes in the sink before going to my bedroom, ignoring the clutter.

"Sorry about the mess," I chuckled as I open my bedroom door.

"You're good," she smiled back as she sat on my bed.

"So, this year's theme is like a zoo, wild animal, kind of thing," I said as I opened my closet.

"Yeah, I planned my outfit to match with my friends, just for the off chance I got to go," Ginny said happily, "But we can probably hang out together, like my friend group with yours."

"That's what I was thinking."

I changed into a new outfit, one more fit for walking, and we left for Ginny's house. 

Saying goodbye as we pass the rest of our families, we made our way out of the house.  Ginny only lived a few streets down, so the walk wasn't that long.  I asked how the school was treating her so far, and she explained that it was great for her.  She told me about all of her friends and how glad she was to have met them, especially since in her past it was different.

As we neared her house, I began to find myself familiar with the area.  I had been here before.

"My friends are on their way over, you can invite yours too if you want," Ginny said as we got closer.

Closing in on her house, I figured out why I was familiar with this street.   As we pass Max and Marcus' house, Max walks out.

"Ginny!"

"Oh, Max, this is Aylin.  We're gonna hang out with her at the carnival.  If that's okay with you, of course."

Max and I are acquainted because I used to be friends with Marcus.  We smile at each other before going into Ginny's house.  Even though she seemed friendly, it was a bit awkward as Marcus and I ended our friendship on a bad note.

As soon as we got inside, I texted my friends to meet at Ginny's house.  We followed Ginny to her room where she grabbed the outfit she mentioned previously.

"We'll leave you to change," Max smiled at Ginny before grabbing my arm and dragging me out.

"Look, I know you and Marcus aren't talking anymore.  He never told me what happened, but we can keep it between you two.  We're cool," Max smiled at me.

"Okay, great. I wasn't sure if you were mad at me too," I chuckled awkwardly. 

Just before we were about to return to Ginny's room,  the doorbell rang.  We looked at each other and ran downstairs.  Max opened the door widely to a group of four people.

We took the time to introduce our friends to each other and we all walked in.  My friends and I walked behind Max and her friends.

"Are you okay?  Why are we here?"  Sadie frowned at the house we're in.

"Yeah, especially with Max here?  Did you forget she's Marcus' sister?" Monroe added on.

"My mom said I have to go with Ginny to the fair.   We decided that our friend groups can just be one big one for the night."

"Girls?  Are you coming up?" Max yelled down the stairs.

Sadie and Monroe rolled their eyes at each other before following me up to Ginny's room.

"Aren't our outfits so cute?" Norah asked with excitement.

"The letters on our shirt pockets spell out MANG!"  Max smiled.

"Yeah, so cute," Sadie chuckled, obviously sarcastically, though the other girls don't catch it.

We all sat in Ginny's room in two groups.  Ginny and her friends talked about the boys in their friend group, specifically Hunter.

Monroe made a face that was meant to make fun of the other girls' enthusiasm about Hunter Chen of all people.  Sadie and I both laughed at her.

Max stood up in excitement, "Okay, so who's driving?"

"Ginny is the only one with a license," Abby said,  noticeably annoyed.

"Alright, we can take my mom's car," Max smiled and we followed her outside.

As we crossed the street, Max mentioned that her brother will be joining us too, giving me a weak smile.

I looked at Sadie and Monroe with a worried expression.

"You know what? We can find another ride, it's okay," Sadie smiled at the other girls.

"No, you have to come with us!  Ginny's mom said she has to stay with Aylin, and I have to stay with Ginny," Max frowned.

Understanding why we want another ride, Max began to explain the seating chart she made up.

"Look, we have a van.  Ginny and I will sit in the front, Abby, Norah, and Marcus can sit in the middle so I can keep an eye on him, and you guys can sit in the back.  You won't even have to talk to him."

I looked at the girls before deciding that it was okay.  I mean, it's been over a year already.  We nodded at each other before getting into the van.  Norah pushed the middle seat forward, allowing us to get into the back seat.  They pushed the seat back in place before everyone gets in.  Well, everyone but Marcus. 

He took his time coming out of the house and eventually sat in one of the middle row seats.  As he got in, he made a face at Max before looking around the car, stopping with his eyes on me.

We stared at each other with wide eyes.  For some reason, I was still surprised to see him.  Nothing has changed, though.  He still makes me nervous and I still can't stand him.

"Alright, time to go," Max yelled and Ginny stepped on the gas pedal.

This was going to be a long night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

780K 30.8K 42
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
165K 4.6K 23
โdon't get too close, it's dark inside. it's where my demons hide, it's where my demons hide.โž copyright @ b r o k e n p a u s e b u t t o n
144K 2.8K 42
"๐–๐ก๐ฒ ๐ฆ๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฉ๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐œ๐ž ๐จ๐ง ๐š๐ง๐ฒ ๐ฆ๐ข๐ฅ๐๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐š๐ญ๐ญ๐ซ๐š๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐ฏ๐ž ๐ ๐ข๐ซ๐ฅ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐œ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž ๐š๐œ๐ซ๐จ๐ฌ๐ฌ, ๐ช๐ฎ๐ข๐ญ๐ž ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐š๏ฟฝ...