~ But then there was you ~ [M...

Oleh AstorSunshine

In college, you had two friends, a crush on Asuma and the habit of minding your own business. Till your proj... Lebih Banyak

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 🍋
Chapter 14
Chapter 15 🍋
Discussion and stuff
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 🍋
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25 🍋
Chapter 26 🍋
Resurrection
Chapter 27

Chapter 13

804 44 176
Oleh AstorSunshine

"Hidan, I have to study! You can't just bother me all the time, not during exams!" You scold him while he comes from nowhere and lies in your lap.

"I just wanted to love you, relax!"

"I have to study!"

"I know! Don't be nervous, you'll do fine." He holds your hand and reassures you.

"Yes, you will do fine, un. Just help us study, too? We are not dumb, I promise!" Dei sits next to you with a chuckle.

You roll your eyes but see Obito and Rin walking holding hands, and you saw him smiling at her.

Why were they holding hands? They aren't dating are they? No I don't think so. But I did see them going together? Or was I seeing things?  I don't remember much from that day. Was it always about her?

You stare at nothing in particular, thankfully since Deidara follows your line of sight and Hidan snaps his fingers in front of your eyes to bring you out of your thoughts.

"Do you want us to leave you alone?", Deidara asks politely looking at the lost expression on your face.

"Now why would she want that? Maybe she wants you to leave us alone!", Hidan chimes smugly pulling you closer to him. You blush involuntarily, you weren't used to being touched this often or shown affection to.

"Nah, let's study. We don't have many days, and you guys need to pass. Kakuzu texted he already has a room, so let's just join him." Getting up, you pick up your books to find the room Kakuzu texted about.

Hidan holds your waist and pulls you into him to let Deidara walk ahead.

"What?"

"Do you wanna go watch a movie or something?"

You think he is joking, so you laugh, but realize he is serious.

"I can't. I have to study, Hidan!" You try wiggling out of his grip but he doesn't let you.

"What is the big deal? You study so much anyway!"

"I said I can't. Can we stop talking about this?"

"Fine." He leaves you abruptly with a pout.

"You let me have these two weeks and I will make it upto you!" You boldly claim his lips kissing the pout off his face but before he could kiss you back, you wink at him and run downstairs to where the study room was.

"That's not fair!" he cries behind but follows you nonetheless.

                                         <<>>

"You know what?" Rin exclaims, as she keeps her bottle on the desk and joins Obito and Kakashi.

"What?", Obito asks without lifting his head from his textbook.

"Your friend, the one with those love bites? I keep forgetting her name!"

"Who?" Obito lifts his head up a little, but doesn't meet Rin's eyes since he knew exactly what she was talking about.

"Y/N? I think her name is?" she continues with excitement.

"What about her?"

"She IS dating Hidan, for sure! Remember that day I was telling you it must be him, I definitely saw them kissing just now. I was right!" she squeals.

Obito glances at Kakashi who glances back at him. Staring at nothing in particular for a minute, Obito sighs.

"What's wrong?" Rin asks unaware of their shared glances.

"Nothing. We are here to study, not gossip, you know. I don't understand this, will anyone care to please explain?" his voice quavered. Not only because of his exam, but he definitely didn't want to think about you kissing Hidan. He had seen him laying in your lap and was trying hard to ignore it, but Rin had to go ahead and ruin it for him.

                                        <<>>

You had to wake up early that day, since you had to meet with a professor for reviewing your final project and go over your grade. You wait for Obito outside for a while but he doesn't show up. Frustrated, you enter the office.

Entering, you see your professor Mr. Yeol, pleased to see you.

"Sorry, I am not sure where Obito is" you start but he interjects.

"Don't worry, he emailed me already about his exam, so he couldn't make it. I can give you his project back and you can hand it back to him."

Obito hadn't texted this to you, which you find rude. Well he hadn't texted you since that afternoon. Neither had you texted him so it wasn't like you could blame him. After going over the project and explaining your grade to you, Mr. Yeol lets you go.

"Tell Obito to meet me if he has any questions about his grade, otherwise I will maybe see you next semester!", he smiles at you warmly.

Nodding, you leave his office worried about meeting Obito. You create scenarios in your head where you wouldn't have to meet him personally. Maybe you can send him a post? Or give it to say Kakashi? Rolling your eyes at your hesitation, you leave the department building.

You procrastinate for an hour or so, doing "other" stuff as an excuse to avoid texting Obito. He knew you would be collecting his project, so shouldn't he be the one to reach out to you? You go to the Starbucks next to the library to grab an iced latte but come face to face to Kakashi and Obito instead.

Fuck.

"Hey", you say in a broken voice not expecting to see him.

"Hi" he replies looking everywhere but towards you.

"How was your exam?"

"It was okay. What did professor Yeol say?"

"Umm he knew you had an exam" fishing for the file in your bag, you answer. "I didn't though."

"I had emailed him last night."

"Congratulations Kakashi for the scholarship, I never got a chance to talk to you after that." You change the subject. Anything to get out of talking to Obito.

"Thanks, we all have been busy since then, anyway. Also, did you have the revision notes for Thursday?" Kakashi asks. He seemed in some kind of hurry.

"I think they are posted on the class forum."

"Okay, I will see you then" he pats Obito's back and leaves like he didn't want to be there, making both of you even more awkward than you already were.

"So.." you start but the barista calls out your name. You get your coffee and come back to where Obito was.

"Okay I have to ask, are we okay?" You finally blurt out unable to hold it in anymore, you knew the answer, you were not.

"You tell me, last time I remember you had slapped me and told me to not talk to you!" giving a hollow sarcastic laugh, he looks at you.

"And you kissed me multiple times and still accused me of being the one who fell in love with you!"

Looking at you, he takes a deep breath and turns around to leave.

The audacity of this guy!

"Obito, wait" you hold his sleeve to stop him from leaving.

"You can't hold me like that anymore, you know" jerking himself out of your grip, he leaves.

You stay rooted in your spot for a couple of minutes trying to process that interaction but your thoughts were intercepted by Hidan hugging you from behind out of nowhere. Startled, you look at him.

"Didn't see you there!" You force a smile.

"I called you, you didn't answer."

"Really?" You take your phone out to check and indeed there were a couple of missed calls.

"I look so hot in that picture, babe", looking over your shoulder he smirks at your wallpaper which was a photo of Hidan and you where he was carrying you on his back and you were giggling.

"Okay yes you look hot, too" he immediately adds you give him a glance.

Getting out of there, you see Obito with Kakashi through the corner of your eye, but suggest an alternative route so as to avoid seeing them again. You make a mental note of maybe switching which libraries you study in, but it was nothing short of stupid. It was very difficult to avoid him for long for sure, you had similar outer circle of friends, similar classes, same department building, so there was no way you could avoid each other forever. But as long as it was not the exam week!

                                          <<>>

Finally reaching home, you call Kakashi to discuss about the notes and exam syllabus. He was the smartest one in the class so you knew he would give you reliable information, at least to you.

"So that is all there is right? 40 pages?"

"Yes, it looks like it. Do you need anything else, Y/N?", he asks in a serious tone.

"Not really, that should be all.." you reply. "But wait.."

"Yeah?"

"Well, sorry for asking you this, but is Obito alright?" You had thought against asking Kakashi this, but finally give in. His behavior was weighing on you and you couldn't let it go.

"He is, why?"

"Nothing, just.." replying in a small voice, you decide against going in too much details with Kakashi but he probably sensed it.

"He is.. stressed out about exams. You know how he is."

"Yes, right. Sure. I know. Is he having meltdowns, or is he actually studying this time?" To lessen the awkwardness you end up cracking a lame joke, but it wasn't like you didn't really want to know how he was doing.

"Yes, I think he is. He studies with Rin more these days, since..." he trails off.

"Since?"

"Since they started.. dating" he finished the sentence after a pause.

You feel like someone hit you with a rock in your chest, and stay silent for a couple of seconds that feel like a whole minute.

"Hello? Y/N? You there?"

"Yes, sorry Kakashi, someone is at the door, I have to go. I will see you Thursday" you quickly reply and disconnect before he could even say bye.

Staring at your phone wallpaper, you calm down a bit.

"You are with some one else, stop being so bothered" you repeat to yourself a couple of times.

Before thinking much you text Obito.

You:
Congratulations.
For being with Rin. I didn't know.
You got what you wanted. 

You weren't expecting a reply right away, but your heart leapt out of your mouth when you did get one.

Obito:
Thanks

Thanks? That's it? What is wrong with this guy?

You:
You okay?

Obito:
Yes

One word answer, again!

You:
Yes?

Obito:
Yes, I am okay.
I gtg.

THIS GUY!

Swallowing your pride you still text him.

You:
Didn't want to tell this over text, but I am seeing someone, too.

This time you definitely didn't expect an answer immediately. You sit starting at your phone screen fiddling your thumbs, your heart beating in your ears. It did take him a solid ten minutes to text back, that you spent aimless scrolling through your phone in order to not miss the text if he ever sends one.

Obito:
Good for you.
Congrats.
Bye.

The last message almost felt like a slap. Staring at the screen in disbelief, you take a deep breath and throw your phone on the bed. You had enough of this guy. Even Asuma had not made you this restless ever before.

No.

Nobody had.

It was almost like Obito was different.

Or you wanted him to be different, how much of it was he though?

You pick up your phone and scroll through your pics with Hidan. It does make you smile a little.
Sighing, you call Yugao, if there was anyone who could make you feel better right now, it was your best friend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Sorry for being away for so long. I am getting back to writing again, its been very busy couple of months. But I WILL NOT ABANDON this story!

Thanks for your patience! Please comment and vote if you still like it! ❤️

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

416K 18K 33
You had always thought that Obito deserved better. In fact, you would have done anything to change the outcome of his life. From his despair, to his...
28.1K 794 29
What if Rin didn't die and Obito still returned to the village after his recovery? What if he killed Zetsu and Madara didn't get his grimy fingers on...
73K 2.8K 48
Deidara joined the Akatsuki after losing a fight to Itachi, he stays in order to prove that his art is superior. Having only been denied appreciation...
16K 467 20
A new boy moves into town Naruto Uzumaki, who lives across from sauske Uchiha and when they meet it's like love at first sight and everything is ama...