Respect

By Apphia_Rover

Athena Grace O'Mara is just but a simple girl who has already been through so much at a young age. She tries... More

DISCLAIMER
Chapter 1: The Curve in the Road
Chapter 2: The Face in the Shadows
Chapter 3: Nightmare Come True
Chapter 4: Knight; Unknown
Chapter 5: Her Haunting Days
Chapter 6: The Law, His Word
Chapter 7: Danger Unknown
Chapter 8: Stiring Hope
Chapter 9: Care From the Threat
Chapter 10: Her Unheard Cries
Chapter 11: His Shadow of Regret
Chapter 12: Returning to His Heart
Chapter 13: Open Closet
Chapter 14: Unreasonable Doubt
Chapter 15: The Long Awaited Fear
Chapter 16: The Lies That Bind
Chapter 17: Dare I Dream
Chapter 19: Pandora's Box
Chapter 20: Redd Flag
Chapter 21: Beware The Unknown
Chapter 22: Nightmare Comes To Town
Chapter 23: Teaching His Heart
Chapter 24: Deceptive Truth
Chapter 25: Thicker Than Blood Itself
Chapter 26: Lonely House
Chapter 27: Another Side
Chapter 28: A Reason to Live
Chapter 29: Acceptance
Chapter 30: One and Only
Chapter 31: Living Fantasy
Chapter 32: Would You Change, For Me?
Chapter 33: Is this Worth the Pain?
Chapter 34: Caged In
Chapter 35: Would You Leave?
Chapter 36: Follow The Road
Chapter 37: Back To Basics
Chapter 38: Goodbye
Chapter 39: Hopeless Regrets
Chapter 40: New Beginning
Chapter 41: A Memory Once Lived
Chapter 42: Bringing Him Back
Chapter 43: The Invitation
Chapter 44: Meet, The Don
Chapter 45: Leave Or Believe
Chapter 46: Fighting For His Soul
Chapter 47: Meeting The Family
Chapter 48: How Far Would You Go?
Chapter 49: Test of Love
Chapter 50: Letting Her Go
Chapter 51: Respect

Chapter 18: The Beast Uncaged

1.5K 44 0
By Apphia_Rover

Athena's POV
Taking Brady's advice and following my ever misleading heart, I got ready to leave for Daniel's place. I was excited to see him again and wondered if he'd be too.

I spent a long time sifting through my closet trying to find something to wear. I had never spent so much time on my clothes before, it was always so easy. But today was different, I was going to see him, and I had to look my very best.

I finally settled for an orange floral print dress. I let my hair fall and for today, applied a little makeup, just for show. I finished the look with white pumps and my favourite purse. I stared at myself and wondered whether Daniel would like what I was wearing.

I was about to step out when my door flew open revealing the last person I wanted to see. Heather.

"Wow! And where are you going all dressed up huh?" she said leaning against the door

"Out"

"Mmm. Not bad, not bad. You look good. Now, who's it for?"

"What?"

"You heard me, who's it for. I know you Athena, THIS, is not like you"

"What do you mean, I'm just going out. Why?"

"Are you? Okay, sure, you go ahead"

Heather would never just let me leave just like that, she loved stories, and this was right down her alley. I knew what she was doing. Whenever she couldn't get me to say anything, she'd just leave me with a simple but torturing statement and I'd always tell her in the end. The funny thing is, I knew this, but it worked every time. To think, by now I'd be immune to her silent torture.

"Fine fine, I'll tell you"

"Mmhhmm"

"But promise you won't tell Seven"

"Promise" she said holding her hand out

"I'm going to see Daniel"

"...Like Daniel...oh Daniel from church or Daniel from down the street?"

I could tell that she wasn't comfortable. Hearing me say his name had her wide-eyed. To be honest, there was really no Daniel down the street, and Daniel from church was a teenager. She knew exactly who I was talking about but couldn't swallow it.

"Heather, I mean Daniel. Daniel Terranova"

"ARE YOU INSANE?!" she shouted
"How? Why would you even...? HOW?!"
"What's gotten into you?! Huh. Did he brainwash you or something? Why would any normal functioning, sane, well informed, well educated person actually take themselves to the lions den?!"

"Heather, you wouldn't understand" I said sadly. I really wasn't expecting her to understand me. She never liked him.

"What's there not to understand?! He's a freak'in MAFIA BOSS! There is a lot to understand about that"

"Heather just stop!" I shouted

"Athena I'm here thinking about you and looking out for you!"

"You're basically insulting him based on his mistakes!"

"Athena! He's a criminal. He chose crime. He's an evil man. He's dangerous"

"You don't know him"

"Wait, where is all this coming from? Don't tell me you...."
"....Athena no" she said covering her mouth
"You like him?"
"NO! I won't allow it"

"What do you mean YOU won't allow it? It's not up to you. You don't even have a say in all this!"

"Athena, THAT man, WILL hurt you"

"You know what, this isn't going anywhere" I said storming out

"Athena?!" she shouted following me down the stairs
"Okay, so what do you expect to get from all this huh?! You think he'll love you?! Athena men like him, don't know how to love. I'm trying to look out for you as your friend"

"If you WERE my friend, you would stand by me in the decision I made and not lecture me on what could happen if I go on with it!"

"What the....stand by you! Stand by and watch as you fall for a criminal! A drug lord! A serial killer! For all we know, a womaniser, rapist!....a-a-are you mad?!"

I ignored her as I wore my coat and walked out slamming the door behind me.

I got in my car and drove off. My argument with Heather really heated me up and that was the last thing I needed. I knew all too well about what Daniel did for a living, but I also knew a different side of him. The caring side, the brave side of him. I wasn't going to judge him for everything he did. I wanted to get close to him and get to know him. I wanted to love him.
_______
I arrived at his house quite late. It was dark out. His place was really far and secluded. I'm shocked I didn't get lost. I got out of my car and proceeded towards the house. There were many cars parked outside.

What's going on?

There was no one at the door, which was odd because this house was guarded like a fortress.

I walked in and it was completely quiet. It wasn't at all unusual but something about this silence felt off. I could hear my every footstep against the marble flooring.

I was walking towards the staircase heading to Daniels room when I heard a loud noise. It came from down the hallway just behind the stairs. I had never really noticed that passage during my last stay.

I heard it again but this time, it was louder. It sounded like someone was hitting something, really hard.

The sound only seemed to get louder as I walked further. I leaned against the wall and literally felt it move. The sound was startling and quite scary.

I walked further and saw a door. It was ajar and you could see what looked like shadows of people escaping the room. I didn't have to walk far before I heard a voice that echoed in the house.  Shouting, yelling and screaming had me captured, all of which sounded like roars.

The voice of that man sent chills down my spine. He was shouting at everyone in the room, but his anger seemed to be focused on one. After he shouted and cursed and spat out in anger, the noise came back, and this time, it was louder, longer, and mush more brutal.

I walked towards the door and with all my courage, peeked my head in and saw what exactly was making that sound. It was a man. I felt my stomach turn at the sight of his face that barely held any facials anymore. There were so many people in there, but no one was doing anything to save him. They all just watched.

I could hear the man talking and shouting at everyone. The man who was beaten was lying on the floor in his own pool of blood. The wall where he was hit was curving in, he was beaten badly. He hugged himself, almost as if he was trying to protect himself from the brutal beating but couldn't. I couldn't believe my eyes.

Who would be so heartless as to hurt another human in that manner?

My question was soon answered when the man talking turned. I felt my heart shatter within me. It was Daniel. He roared and kicked him in the stomach and chest and where ever his leg could reach. He was covered in red and his hair was not the way I was used to seeing it.

I held onto my dress as he got another man from behind him and punched him without a care and beat him as if he didn't deserve to live. He threw him to the floor and our eyes met. I was frozen. I saw him. All his pain, I could feel it. He stared at me for a long time when one of the men standing there followed his gaze and turned. He saw me there, on my knees, frozen.

The door flew open at once and all attention was centered on me. I scampered and dragged myself away from the door. When he looked at me. I had never seen this side of Daniel before. He looked like....an animal.

He mouthed my name and I got up as fast as I could and ran for the door. I could hear footsteps behind me which pushed me to run even faster.

I reached the door when I felt hands grab me from behind. My feet left the ground as I screamed at the top of my voice. I struggled, kicked and pushed in his grip, but he never let go.

He turned me and I faced Daniel in front of me. My head felt so light. I was shaking and covered in goosebumps. I felt dizzy and nauseous at the same time while looking at him. I couldn't take it, I felt my eyes getting heavy and gave in.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

172K 6.8K 40
she is a innocent girl who has always lived a simple happy life with her loving mother and stepfather-which she doesn't know is her stepfather. ...
417K 8.2K 45
BOOK 1 Aaron Russo - Don of the Russo mafia. "To kill or be killed" He had many women in his life but the one thing he didn't do was love or relation...
778K 28.6K 44
Tatt had always been living the same lifestyle: fuck, ink, fight for the club and face any trials that come his way. But after a scrape with law enfo...
557K 12K 38
She hated them. They loved her with everything in them. The universe truly has a sick way of telling you it's there, doesn't it? From being kidnapp...