invisible ✦ miraculous ladybu...

By purplebuckethat

"You are destined for great things." Claire Reeds, the last known miraculous holder of the lost chameleon mir... More

intro (please read)
1. the new girl
2. fencing champion
3. whiplash
4. the many unknowns
5. the picnic
6. the heartbreak
7. parties aren't for everyone
8. the new couple
9. the purple fog
10. broken trust
11. old habits
12. the get together
13. bad decisions
14. Taking the Lead
15. Lady Red
16. Chat Camo
17. Young love
19. Guitar Strings
20. The Royal Planning
21. Princesses and Princes Pt.1
22. Princesses and Princes Pt.2
23. The Queen of Mean Pt.1
24. Queen of Mean Pt.2
25. Claire
26. Awake and Better
27. Coming Home
28. The Truth
29. Letting Go
30. Forever Family
final note <3 pls read
29. letting go (alternate chapter)
30. Forever Family (alternate ending)

18. Vulnerability

1.3K 38 2
By purplebuckethat

~*~

"You are not allowed to go to the dance! That's final!"

The tall slim fashion designer walked down the stairs, hands behind his back while he made his way to his office. This was the first time Gabriel acknowledged Adrien and his new girlfriend. Even though they've been seeing each other for months, Gabriel felt the nerve, the need to break the pair up out of nowhere

"But father! This dance is important to me and my friends! And Claire!"

Adrien chased him him down the stairs. Nathalie and his bodyguard looked up from their desks and frowned. They both knew about Claire, they loved her company and the way she made Adrien feel every day.

Nathalie felt some sort of guilt inside her, she had told Gabriel when they first started seeing each other, but she never followed up. In some way, she should've never given Adrien the okay but she felt bad for him.

"No Adrien. I've made my decision! You are not permitted to go to such events with such girl."

Gabriel had yelled out slamming his office door on Adrien's face. Adrien approached the door and held his fist up in the air.

He's always trying to ruin my life Keeping me from having fun and living my own life! Ugh!

Adrien was angry, all he wanted to do was go up to his father and tell him off. But he couldn't, he couldn't stand up to his father like that. He loved him too much regardless. He lowered his fist to his side and set his hand on the door.

"I just wish you understood me, father."

Adrien backed away from the door and looked over at the two adults watching over him. Adrien immediately looked away and ran up to his room. Nathalie cried out for Adrien but ultimately was ignored by his loud bedroom door being slammed.

"Well someone's in a mood. Did your father neglect our daily cheese intake again?"

Plagg flew out of his hiding spot and onto Adrien's head. Adrien pushed him away and fell onto his bed angry.

"Not now Plagg."

Plagg rolled his eyes and flew over to the tv to turn it on.

"Look kid, I know your upset about this school event but look on the bright side! We get to stay home all night, no worries, no noise. Just you, me, and my camembert!"

Adrien loudly groaned and pulled himself up.

"That's not what it's about Plagg. This was really important to Claire and my friends. They all organized this dance so that I would be able to go."

Adrien sat on the edge of his bed and looked over at his dark wood picture frame with all of his new friends in it.

"Well in that case you have to go."

Plagg rolled his eyes and sighed. He didn't like when Adrien was upset, it made him feel bad. He flew over to the blonde boy and handed him his phone.

"Call them."

Adrien looked down at his phone and heavily sighed.

"I guess I should."

But before he could, there was a knock on his window. Plagg quickly hid and Adrien looked up.

"Hey, Adrien."

There standing before him was Ladybug. He smiled as he gestured her to come in, she nervously walked in and smiled back.

"Sorry to barge in like this. I didn't feel like being alone tonight and I don't know where Chat Noir is."

The red-suited superhero looked down at her hands, Adrien could tell something was on her mind. He felt bad he couldn't be there for her as Chat Noir recently but she's here now.

"Is everything okay Ladybug?"

He looked down at the girl who was looking back out at the window. She nodded her head and struggled to keep her smile on.

"I'm just so tired Adrien."

She shakily let out, her voice no longer had that confidence. She had let her guard down for him. Adrien forced a smile on his face and rubbed her shoulder in comfort.

"I always have to put up an act when I'm Ladybug. She's supposed to be confident and strong at all times. She's supposed to be perfect."

He realized Ladybug referred to herself in the third person meaning she was talking about her secret identity.

"Ladybug I-"

Adrien tried to talk but he didn't know what to say. Ladybug felt herself start to tear up, she quickly wiped them away and stood up.

"I'm so sorry, I really shouldn't be here."

She made her way back to the window and Adrien quickly ran after her and pulled her back. Ladybug burst out in tears as Adrien pulled her closer to his chest.

"It's okay Ladybug. It's gonna be okay."

His heart broke, it was hard to see his best friend feel this way especially now that he knows she has to put up a front.

All I want for her to be happy.

~*~

He comforted the superhero in his arms until she finally had stopped crying. Neither of them had said a word to each other since. Ladybug pulled away and let out a faint laugh as she rubbed her eyes.

"I'm a mess oh gosh. I'm sorry."

Adrien smiled back at her.

"It's alright m-la...Ladybug. I'm always here for you."

He caught himself almost calling her m'lady. Adrien awkwardly smiled at her and rubbed the back of his neck. Ladybug looked up at him, hopelessly looking into his green eyes. The two stayed there, falling deeply into each other's eyes.

Ring. Ring. Ring.

Ladybug immediately pulled herself away and looked away. Adrien stayed there confused as the phone kept ringing.

"I better get going. Thank you, Adrien."

Ladybug waved and jumped out of the window and onto the nearest roof. Adrien watched as the superhero regained her confidence and smiled as she disappeared into the distance.

"Woah, the tension in here was hot."

Plagg exaggerated as he flew around Adrien. Adrien rolled his eyes at the kwami and picked up his phone. He dialed back Claire and waited for her to answer.

"Ladybug? She's just a good friend Plagg."

"What?"

Claire spoke through the other side of the phone. Adrien realized what he had said and immediately waved Plagg away.

"Uhh sorry, Claire. I was talking to Plagg. Why did you call?"

Adrien put his hand over his head and nervously bit his finger. He didn't mean for her to hear that, he didn't want her to think anything was going on between him and Ladybug.

"Oh. I was calling to let you know about the dance. Marinette wants to design all of our outfits and she needs your measurements."

Claire anxiously bit her bottom lip as she spoke.

What was he saying about Ladybug? That she was just a friend. Why would he be talking about Ladybug? Was she there? No no, Claire. Don't be that kind of girlfriend.

"Hello? Claire you still there?"

Adrien nervously called from the other side of the phone.

"Yeah sorry. So about those measurements?"

Adrien thought back to his conversation earlier with his father. He rubbed the back of his neck and sighed.

"Look Claire, I don't think I-"

But before he could finish, it started to rain harshly around Paris.

"Adrien? Someone is here!"

Claire yelled through the other side of the phone, looking back at the mysterious figure standing out on the balcony looking at her.

"Adrien!"

Claire cried out before the call disconnected. Adrien heard her cries and immediately looked back at Plagg and nodded.

"Plagg. Claws out!"

~*~
A/N - I hope this little chapter is a good filler. I wanted to slowly start to ease into the Ladrien (Ladybug x Adrien) relationship. I'm currently working on starting a new book based on the MCU! I will continue this story until the end but for now I hope you all stay tuned for my newer stories coming out! I'm thinking whether I want to keep writing about Miraculous or if I should move onto another show. Also have you seen the new season 4 teaser trailer? But for now that's my plan;) thank you for reading and I appreciate every read! Let me know your thoughts and ideas!

-purplebuckethat

*written on March 2nd 2021*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

466K 12.1K 54
Hi! My name is (yn)(yln)! I'm a fifteen year old who is apart of an exchange student program through my highschool, (ys). I'm visiting a girl my age...
1.2K 57 22
It's been a few years since Marinette told Alya her secret, ever since , hawkmoth has been getting closer and closer to finding out ladybugs identity...
207K 8K 57
𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗣𝗟𝗘𝗧𝗘𝗗: 13th SEPTEMBER 2016 𝗦𝗘𝗤𝗨𝗘𝗟: A MIRACULOUS FUTURE (Completed in 2021) Marinette Dupain-Cheng is Paris's infamous superhero...
13.6K 261 25
After Marinette turned 22 years old. She wondered why Adrien her crush didn't show up to her birthday celebration. She felt unhappy and annoyed that...