Ghost of You ✧ jordan baker [...

By -chosenone

in which senior year changes everything +++ [all american pre season 3 - season 4] [jordan baker x oc] DISCLA... More

introduction
authors note
pre season three
1. new york city
2. voicemails
3. tourists
4. launch party
5. soulmates
6. first day
7. roomates
8. moments
9. another chance
10. stop and stare
11. scandals
12. me, myself, and i
season 3
13. summer nights
14. birthday party
15. senior year
16. pretending
17. first date
19. friday night lights
20. a turn for the worse
21. one last time
22. anonymous
23. cabin fever
24. vegas
25. aftermath
26. relapse
27. homecoming
28. blindsided
29. healing
30. favors
31. messages
32. girls night
33. friendsgiving
34. college tours
35. down the aisle
36. setbacks
season 4

18. loyalty

1.9K 70 30
By -chosenone

✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧

"He told me to wait my turn and he uninvited UCLA from the game tomorrow night," complained Darnell.

Stacey wished she could be there to comfort him, but she was at Beverly High, almost an hour away from him. "As wrong as he is for not starting you, he is the coach and there's nothing you can really do."

Darnell sighed. "I know, that's what's killing me."

"Just keep proving yourself at practice," she encouraged. "I have to get ready for class. Text me when you get to first."

"Of course I will," he said and she swore she felt his smile through the phone. "You're coming to my game tomorrow, right?"

Stacey faltered to answer. She looked across the hallway and saw Jordan, JJ, and Asher all laughing by a locker. She hadn't missed a football game since she's been here. "I'll try my best."

They both said bye to each other and Stacey was met with yet another difficult decision. Of course she wanted to go to Darnell's game to support him, but how would her Beverly friends feel? She wanted to believe they would support her in going to see her boyfriend play; she wasn't sure about that, though.

Stacey glanced across the hallway and saw Jordan with Simone again. She wasn't as jealous as she was anymore, but she still couldn't understand how Jordan was even talking to her after everything.

"I heard he's helping her with giving up her baby." Jane came up to her and said.

Stacey looked back in shock. "Where did you hear that?"

"English. She sits in front of me," answered Jane.

Stacey continued to look on at the two. She couldn't help but say a selfish thought that came to her mind. "Kind of sucks that he's helping her, but he didn't help me."

"You never told him," Jane pointed out. "And she gave birth to the baby."

"I know that," grumbled Stacey. "It's just...odd to me. He can do what he wants though. Jordan's not my problem anymore."

Jane gave her a smile. "That's what I like to hear."

Stacey closed her locker and saw Layla now with Simone. What was happening? Did everyone just suddenly forget last year? She saw Layla look her away and start to head over to her, but Stacey took Jane's arm and dragged her down the hallway. She couldn't talk to Simone and she didn't know if she ever could.

✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧

Stacey laid her head on Darnell's lap as she read her textbook. Darnell was sitting up on his bed, watching film for the game tomorrow night. She loved how simple and easy it was around him. Their bond during the summer held up strong and filtered into their relationship now. For the first time in a while, Stacey was truly happy and not stressed.

Her phone started buzzing constantly on her bedside table. Then, her ringtone blared through the room. Stacey marked the page she was on and answered the call.

"Hey Liv, what's up?"

"Can you come to The Boulevard? Like right now?" asked Olivia. "Ash and I are on a date and we'd love some company."

Stacey chuckled. "I don't know if I want to go on a double date with my brother."

"Please," begged Olivia. "I need you here. Bring Darnell if he's with you."

Stacey glanced up at her boyfriend who seemed focused on the IPad. She sighed, "I'll ask him."

"Thank you. I owe you one."

Olivia hung up and Stacey sat up. Darnell glanced at her, "What's up?"

"Liv wants us to go to The Boulevard right now to hang," she told him. "She sounded like she could really use me."

Darnell placed the tablet down. He didn't seem thrilled with the idea. "So basically I have to entertain Asher while you help Olivia?"

"Yes..."

Darnell leaned over and kissed her cheek. "I'm fine with that. Your friend need you."

Stacey smiled. "You're the best."

Stacey changed into a more decent outfit and had Darnell drive them to The Boulevard. Once Darnell parked, she saw Jordan walking out of the cafe. He stopped once he saw Stacey and Darnell get out of the car.

"I'll wait by the door," he whispered to her as Jordan slowly came up to them.

Stacey didn't know why Jordan was here, but he looked upset. She felt some sympathy; she couldn't just erase him from her life. "You okay?"

"Simone and Layla tried to get Spence and I to talk," he sighed. "So, I'm leaving. Why are you here?"

Stacey held onto to some of the first words he said. "Wait, Simone, Layla, and Spencer are here? Liv said it was just her and Asher."

Jordan shrugged. "I guess we both got lied to."

Stacey chuckled. "Guess so."

Jordan was about to walk off to his car, but he turned back to her. "You're coming to the game tomorrow, right?"

Stacey glanced over at Darnell. "Um...I'm not sure."

Something changed behind Jordan's eyes. Stacey couldn't tell what it was. "But, you haven't missed a game yet. Beverly is your school."

"So you're telling me to not support my boyfriend?" asked Stacey.

Jordan slightly flinched at the word 'boyfriend'. "No. I - I just thought you'd still support me. As a friend, you know."

"I wish I could support you, Ash, JJ, and the rest of the team," admitted Stacey. "But Layla is going for Spencer. Why don't you give her this talk?"

"Because...it's you," sighed Jordan. "I know you're with Darnell and I'm not trying to interfere, but it's hard adjusting to a life where you're not always there. Especially when I don't have a reason to hate you."

Stacey hated hurting him, but it was bound to happen with her finding someone else. "Listen, I'll try to go to a lot of Beverly games, but I also have to support Darnell."

"Isn't he not even starting?" pointed out Jordan.

Stacey gave him a glare. "Thought you matured?"

Jordan nodded his head. "Yeah. Damn it, I'm sorry I said that. No, Stace-"

She started to walk away. "Just please stop making the situation harder. I have to go."

"I'm sorry," mumbled Jordan as she walked away.

Stacey composed herself as she reached for Darnell's outstretched hand. She heard a car door slam in the distance, but she didn't pay much attention to it. She was about to go in, but Darnell stopped her.

"You know, he's right," said Darnell.

"What?" asked Stacey, but then she realized what he was talking about. "Oh, god don't listen to Jordan. I'm going to your game."

Darnell shook his head. "I'm not even playing, though. It'd be a waste when you could go sit with your friends and watch your school play."

"I'm going to your game," insisted Stacey.

"I don't want you to see me on the bench," said Darnell. "I want you to see me out on the field as the UCLA commit I am. I want you to be able to cheer me on and hear you as I score a touchdown. That won't happen as long as I'm second string. This'll give me another reason to prove myself at practice."

She caved in. "Okay, if you're forcing me to not to go then I guess I can't do anything about it. However, I would much rather be with you."

Darnell smiled and opened the door for her. "I know I'm irresistible."

Stacey rolled her eyes and walked through the door.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.7K 121 45
All American Tv Show Fanfiction Jordan Baker x OC . . . My writing is not the best and I am still working on it. So if it feels like your reading a f...
19.6K 166 12
** i hate this book pls don't read it** ༻ 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐃𝐈𝐎𝐒 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐒 . . . 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄! ( IN WHICH TWO TEENS FIND COMFORT IN ONE ANOT...
46.5K 728 19
"J?" I slowly said as I gave him a puzzled look. "You called me J," Jordan stated with a smile plastered on his face. "Yeah?" I spoke up confused sti...
15.9K 872 28
Two college students from two different sides of the country, Olivia Baker and Spencer James meet in the most unlikely way, which makes their budding...