Re:ZERO; Ram:IF (Original)

By DACHero

THIS STORY HAS BEEN REWRITTEN; as Ram:IF Redux on my profile. With Subaru being held at the Mathers' mansion... More

Volume 1: Ram, The Red Haired Maid
Prolouge (Meeting Betty)
Chapter 1: Ram, The Red Haired Maid
Chapter 2: Biting the Dust
Volume 2: The Cries of the Forest
Chapter 3: The Fight in the Forest
Chapter 4: Contracted
Chapter 5: Leaping Time and Feelings
Chapter 6: The New Maid
Volume 3: Friendship, and the Creations of the Witch
Chapter 7: A Day in The Capital
Chapter 8: Dissociative Identity Disorder
Chapter 9: The Witch Cult
Chapter 10: The White Whale
Chapter 11: Wilhelm Van Astrea
Chapter 12: Theresia Van Astrea's Requiem
Chapter 13: Rem and Betelguese
Chapter 14: Moonlight Sonata ♡
Volume 4: Rem the Blue Haired Maid
Chapter 15: Rem
Chapter 16: The Faithful Reunion
Chapter 18: Oni Horn
Chapter 19: Sin Archbishop
Volume 5: Praise the Witch
Chapter 20: Our Voyage Begins
Chapter 21: Gluttony and Greed
Chapter 22: Erased
Chapter 23: Regulus
Chapter 24: Sinking
Chapter 25: A Moment of Silence
Volume 6: Lust, Lust, Lust
Chapter 26: Sirius
Chapter 27: Manipulating Emotions
Chapter 28: Reduced to Ash
Chapter 29: Resolve and Reassurance
Chapter 30: Lust and Love
Chapter 31: Authority of Greed
Chapter 32: Calm after the Storm
Volume 7: The Final Encounter
Chapter 33: The Silver-haired Bride
Chapter 34: Eternal Sleep
Chapter 35: The Dream of Despair
Chapter 36: Facing Reality
Update: Major Announcement
Teaser 1: The Redux
Teaser 2: Release Date
Release Redux (+ Ram:IF Cut Content + Special Thanks)
Ram:IF First Year Anniversary
Ram:IF Special Chapter - Starting Life in Another World With You

Chapter 17: Fishing

409 11 1
By DACHero

"Rem..."

Ram's tears wet Subaru's shirt as he looks down from the ceiling. He started speaking, "It was for the better. We would've all died had that not happened." Her sobs echoed through the now empty destroyed library. Reinhard stepped in as Subaru helped Ram down the steps to get to the first floor of the library.

"Is she going to be alright?" Reinhard asked with a worried tone in his voice. Subaru nods, "I think she will." Ram kept clinging to Subaru. Reinhard nods with a determined smile on his face. "I see. If you do not mind, I will be heading back now. Glad we made it out alive!" Subaru and Reinhard do a strong handshake as they both exit the destroyed library

Beatrice was waiting outside of Rem's room with her arms crossed as Subaru and Ram arrived. Ram entered her room as Subaru looked down at Beatrice. Seeing it coming, she asks. "What now, I suppose? Betty's library has been destroyed!" Subaru looked down at her with an evil grin. "Do you- want to sleep with me?" Beatrice stomps on the floor as she yells. "I'd rather sleep on the floor I suppose!" Roswaal then exits a nearby room hearing the commotion.

"I'll give you Rem's roooooom!" He says in his usual tone of voice. Beatrice pouts, "Hmph! Fine, I suppose." Beatrice grabs what she collected from her library as she walks toward the maid's room, sad that her library was torn to shreds. "Don't worry Beako, it will be new in no time!" Subaru yells at her as she gave no response, entering Rem's room.

Subaru then enters Ram's room, hoping that she's calmed down. "B-barusu?" Subaru heard Ram call his name in between sobs. "Ram, are you feeling any better?" he asks in a worried tone. Ram then scoffs, "I don't need you worrying about me Barusu." Subaru walked over to Ram's bed as she sits down and rolls his eyes.

"Jeez, I was just asking you. Anyways Ram... I want to cheer you up after what happened, so how about we do something with Beako to clear your minds?" Ram questions. "Like what?" Subaru thinks as an idea brewed up in his head. "Let's go fishing!" Ram hesitated slightly but quickly agreed. "If you insist that we go, then I have no choice."

Subaru got up, wanting to walk over to the door. He felt his hand get grabbed by Ram as she held it tight. Smiling, he said, "Let me get Beako too!". Subaru let go of her hand after a little and walked out of the room. Going to the neighboring room, he enters to see the drill haired loli sitting on a stool facing away from the door.

"Yo, Beako." Subaru makes his usual entrance as she turns around with her usual pouty face. "What do you want now, I suppose?" Subaru put his hands in his pockets as he shrugs. "I was just wondering; do you want to go fishing with me and Ram? We can use this opportunity to clear our minds!"

Beatrice squints her eyes as she gets up from her stool. "Fine, I suppose." Subaru smiles and nods. "Let's go Beako!" Subaru leads her out of the room as he thought, "I got her to comply pretty quickly! I guess she's warming up to me!"

The two enter Ram's room as she looks up seeing Subaru first. "How did it go Barusu?" Subaru gently smiles. "I got Beako to come along with us!" Beatrice pops in behind Subaru, looking at the pink haired maid. Ram nods and gets up. "Let's go, stupid Barusu" Subaru, Ram, and Beatrice all go to the storage room to try to find fishing rods.

Roswaal had some fishing rods in his possession, surprisingly good quality ones as well. Subaru grabs one that was orange as he passed other ones to Beatrice and Ram. "Hmmmm, does he have any bait?" Subaru thinks to himself. Subaru looks over to Ram. "Do we have any fish in the kitchen?" Ram nods. "Of course, Barusu. What do you ask for?" Subaru nods as he explains. "We need some for bait."

Subaru goes to the kitchen area of the mansion as he looks for the fish. Quickly finding it, he grabs a portion of it and cuts it up into pieces. He then puts it into a little plastic bag he found nearby as he walks back to the group that were waiting in the main hall. Smiling, he says, "Lets go then!" Both of them nod as Beatrice pouts, exiting the mansion.

"Ram, do you know of any lakes near here?" Subaru asks Ram while walking through the courtyard of the mansion. Ram nods and explains, "There's a large one near the left side of the mansion, lets go there!" She says. Ram leads the two to a perfect sized lake. Subaru nods and smiles, "This will work perfectly!" Beatrice squints her eyes looking up to Subaru. "How do you do this task, I wonder?"

Subaru's eyes widen. "Y-You've never been fishing before?!" Beatrice pouts. "Of course, I haven't! I have been locked up in that stupid library for 400 years, I suppose!" Subaru's face falls grim. "400?! Years?!" Beatrice quickly retracts as she says, "Ill explain it later, I suppose." Subaru, even though he wanted to ask more, backed down from interrogating her.

"Anyways..." Subaru leads Beatrice over to the lake with the small fishing rod in her hands. "So you grab the fishing rod, and you make sure you have bait on your hook!" Subaru pulls out a small pack of hooks he brought along from the storage. Opening it, he carefully grabs one of the hooks from the bunch. "Ok Beako, give me your line!" Beatrice watches with interest as Subaru ties the string's end to the hook.

"Make sure you carefully handle this! You don't want to have the hook stab you!" Beatrice nods as she watches Subaru put a piece of the cut fish on the end of hook, piercing it through the piece evenly. Getting up, he wipes his hands. "Ok Beako! I'll get Ram set up after I teach you what to do here." Subaru points to the water. "Flick your rod pointing at the water and let go of the string, and it should cast into the water"

Beatrice followed Subaru's words as the line gets launched surprisingly far and plops into the water. "Wow! That was a good cast, Beako!" Subaru said cheerfully. Beatrice lightly smiles. "What now, I suppose?" Subaru nods as he explains. "If you feel something pull on the string, grab that handle and reel it in by spinning it counterclockwise." Beatrice nods. "Ok, I suppose"

Subaru then set up Ram's rod as she heard Subaru's explanation. By then, she had a good idea as she threw her line into the water almost as far as Beatrice's "Wow, you guys now how to throw lines, I look pathetic!" Subaru holds his rod as he casts his line into the water, barely making it half the distance Ram and Beatrice landed their lines in. They both smirk as Subaru asks, "Wh-what?! I was just casting my line!" They share a small laugh as the group sits on the soft grass, patiently waiting for something to tug on their lines.

After a small moment, Beatrice perks up. "I think I caught something I suppose!" Beatrice starts pulling the rod back as the hook emerged from the water. Unfortunately, Beatrice reeled in a rusty can, as Subaru holds back his laughter. "Looks like you got unlucky Beako!" He says on the verge of laughter.

"Betty doesn't like being teased I suppose." Subaru started laughing as he felt something tug his line. Stopping, he started reeling in his line. "I think I got something!" He exclaims. The line had strain to it but it wasn't hard to reel in at all. At the end of his hook, he saw a fish. However, it was very small.

"Hah." Ram scoffed with a smug look on her face. Subaru's face turned slightly red. "Who's unlucky now I suppose?" Beatrice crosses her arms and smirks easily as Subaru scratches his cheek, looking down. "Karma is a pain..." he thinks to himself. Subaru thinks of a way to shoot back at Beatrice.

"Shut up, at least I caught a fish unlike you!" Hearing reeling noises behind him, he turns around to see Ram reeling in something that bent the rod down pretty far. "Look what I got Barusu!" She exclaims as a massive fish laid at the end of her hook. Subaru and Beatrice's eyes widen at the sight of the fish.

"Woah! You really caught that?!" Ram scoffs. "Of course I did, Barusu." She smirks as Subaru rolls his eyes. Beatrice casted her line once again as the two tried identifying what type of fish Ram reeled in. Hearing Beatrice reel, Subaru turned around to see what she got. However, she got another piece of trash. This time, it was a soggy boot that was children sized.

"Wow, you suck at fishing Beako." Subaru teases the girl as she playfully punches him. "You too I suppose!" She pouts while stomping on the grass. Subaru laughs as he feels something tug his fishing rod once again. "Oh- I got something! It feels heavy too!" Subaru starts to reel in what he caught. Emerging from the water, a big fish popped out. His eyes widen in excite.

But to his demise, the fish was dead. "Wh-What?!" Ram laughed at Subaru's bad luck as she said, "You must have killed it along the way, pathetic Barusu!" Subaru sighed as he looked at Ram. "At least I caught it!" He smirked at her face. "At least mine was alive!" She shot back. Subaru bonks Ram's head. "Come on!" Ram laughs while blushing. "Hah. Silly Barusu."

Everyone shared a fun moment while fishing. Beatrice caught some fish but more trash, Subaru caught a surprising amount of dead fish, and Ram was catching fish like a professional. After some time, Subaru started packing everything as they laid on the grass, the sun shining in the blue sky. Beatrice turns her head to Subaru. "By the way, I would like to teach you some of the magic as part of our contract I suppose."

Subaru remembers he promised Beatrice to learn magic with her in one of his loops. "Really? Thanks Beako, you're the best!" Getting up, the two stood facing each other. Ram sits up and watches the two. "Say Minya, I suppose" Subaru already knowing this, faces his palm upward. "Minya!" As usual, the mana shards generated with no struggle.

"Woah!" Subaru says trying to sound surprised. Beatrice nods, "Now focus on an object I suppose." Subaru looks at a nearby rock, shooting the shards at it. Nodding in fake surprise, Subaru then asks, "What else can I do?" Suddenly, Beatrice pouts. "I'm growing tired of you. Shamac, I suppose."

A black cloud emerges from Beatrice as it engulfs Subaru. Subaru is now standing in a black void, unable to move his body. "W-where am I? What did Beako do to me?!" He thinks as he looks around in the emptiness the void gave out. Everything then fades away as he is shown on the ground. In front of him, Beatrice had her arm out, looking like she pushed him.

"What did you do to Barusu?" Ram asked, a little worried. Beatrice flips her hair as she says, "Oh nothing much, I only shut him up I suppose." Beatrice snaps in front of Subaru, as he comes back to his conscious. "Can I do this too?!" He asked immediately. Beatrice nods, "You can I suppose. But don't do it here." Subaru nods and gets up as Beatrice pointed at Subaru.

"Murak, I suppose. Now jump." Subaru nods as he jumps. Subaru flew through the air as he remembers using this during the white whale battle with her. "I can do that too?!" She nods as she evilly smirks. "Vita, I suppose!" Subaru hears her cast the spell as he was sent crashing down to the ground. Ram scoffs at Subaru as he tries to get up, but he can't. It felt like something was holding him down.

"Is this the opposite of Murak?" Beatrice nods as she removes the spell. "Vita, huh?" Subaru got up as someone comes around the corner. "What are you guys up to?" Emilia spoke as Subaru looked at her. Ram also gets up. "What are you doing here, Miss Emilia?" Emilia started, "I heard from Roswaal that you were at the lake and I wanted to invite you guys to the beach, do you want to go?" Subaru's eyes gleam with excite. "Sure!" He says excitedly.

Beatrice crosses her arms as she asks, "Now why should I do that, I wonder?!" Emilia's crystal lights up green as Puck emerges. Subaru evilly smiles as Puck speaks. "Hey Betty, do you want to go to the beach with us?" Beatrice immediately softened up as she looked and Puck with puppy eyes. "Bubby..." she says with a blush on her face. Subaru looks back with an "ugh" face as Ram looks over to them.

"If both of you are going then I suppose I have no choice." Ram nods with a small smile on her face as Emilia takes them back to the mansion for them to get changed out. Subaru walks into his room and realized that he doesn't have a pair of swim shorts. He sweats as he thinks about what he should do.

"Yeeeeeees, Subaru?" Roswaal asks Subaru. With slight grimace on his face, he asks Roswaal. "Do you have any spear swimsuits by chance?" Roswaal nods. "I have some from when I was younger that I never wore!" Roswaal walks over to his clothing closet and comes out with a swimsuit. Handing it to Subaru, he thanks Roswaal.

Entering his room, Subaru saw someone in there already with the blinds drawn. "Huh?" Soon, he heard a scream. Ram was changing in his room as she covered her body. "My bad!" Subaru quickly closes the door as his eyes are wide open. After waiting a minute, she exits and slaps Subaru. "Ita! The hell was that for?!" He exclaims. "Pervert!" Ram scoffs. Subaru squints his eyes as he continues. "The hell were you changing in my room for? It's not my fault I walked in to see you naked!"

After everyone changed out, Subaru bids Roswaal farewell as Emilia leads them to the beach. Subaru tensed up, noticing the girls were in bikinis. "Idiot! Idiot! Idiot!" He repeats in his mind as he walks with them. Clearing his mind, they arrive at the beach as puck emerges from Emilia's crystal. "The beach? Yay!" Puck exclaims in joy.

Subaru lays on the sand looking up to the sky, as Ram and Emilia were playing in the water. Subaru dug through some of the sand that laid across the beach. He feels something like a rock, pulling it out revealed a seashell. "I found a seashell!" Emilia walked back from the water as she smiled. "Really? Let me see! Woah, that's pretty!" Subaru smiled back at her, giving it to her. "You can keep it!" She blushes, thanking Subaru.

"By the way Milli, do you happen to know where Beako went off to? I can't seem to find her." Subaru looked around a little as a voice came from behind him. "What do you want, I suppose?" Before Subaru could respond, Ram approached Subaru from the water. "Barusu, what is that you gave to Miss Emilia?" Subaru points at it. "Oh that? It's a seashell I found in the sand. Pretty, isn't it?" Subaru said with a soft smile

Ram shouts at Subaru. "It is not. It is almost as ugly as you. Stupid Barusu." Subaru's eyebrows raise at Ram's response. He notices Ram blushing, trying to hide it. Soon, another soft smile falls over his face. "Tsundere" he thinks to himself.

About an hour of playing around and silly conversations and fights, the sun starts to set. Subaru sits on the sand with a stick, drawing a small little smiley face with it. Emilia, Puck, and Beatrice all started to walk back to the mansion because it was about to become night. Subaru got up and noticed them starting to walk away. Ram approached him as he was looking back at the sun in the horizon, creating a calming reflection on the ocean's infinite water.

"This sunset sure is pretty." He says with a soft smile. Ram looks at Subaru with her shining red eyes. "It is..." Subaru felt her hand slip into his as she stepped closer to him. "About what I said earlier Barusu, I didn't mean it." Subaru blushed as he gave her a smile while pulling her in for a hug. "It's fine Ram."

Subaru and Ram sit down watching the sun fall through the horizon, turning the sky dark. They sat there cuddling for about an hour. Each of them enjoying their time, holding onto each other. "Ram, I think we should get going before they worry about us." Subaru says. Ram nods as they start to make their way back to the mansion.

"Why were you guys gone for so long? I was getting worried!" Emilia yelled at Subaru. "Don't worry about us, we were watching the sunset." Emilia sighs in relief and smiles. "I hope you enjoyed it! By the way Subaru, Beatrice wants to talk to you."

"Beatrice?"

Laying on the shore, they were beat. Weakened, and with half of their body bleeding, they rise up, spitting sand out of their mouth. "I.. I want to liv-" "SHUT UP STUPID BITCH! WORTHLESS COW, FOOL, I DESPISE YOU!" She started tearing up as she grabber her horn and tried to pull it off of her forehead, but it shocked her hand and cut it open. "DON'T TRY DOING THAT" Rem plops her face back down and starts crying. "Help...me"

To be Continued

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 242 7
Y/n Itadori is a simple man living with his best friend but what he did not expected is to be send to another world where he helps people as he tries...
6.9K 111 23
In this story it takes place right after season 2 of re:zero After Subaru was hit by Otto knocking some sense into him. Then out of nowhere an unsusp...
14.8K 237 12
You (the reader) were once an elite gamer you were always on top in every tournament but of course your body couldn't catch up with your interests. A...
Re:Cursed By

Adventure

36.7K 1.2K 20
Y/N: CAN I GET A REDO PLSS!!!. Dark: Nope. Y/N: WHY?!, It was all good I got my isekai cheat skill and I got to design how I look like in the end all...