Iridescence

By reemandjean

This story follows our 2 main characters, Herieth and Obsidian, and their 2 guy best friend's, River and Nat... More

Aesthetics
Back story
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6

Chapter 4

16 2 0
By reemandjean

~Obsidians pov~

I pull myself out of bed, and I start getting ready, the same as any other day.

My door swings open and herieth barges in. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" she screams as she throws a hug around me.

I chuckle. "happy birthday to you too."

"Ok so I have  it all planned out," Herieth begins. "After training, and my ballet class, you, the boys, and the rest of the class are going to go to the training room, where Arroyo and Ember will have set up our party," she glares at me, "and by party I mean, party. so dress well, please..." she continues to ramble on about the plans.

I tune her out, not even being super excited for my 18 birthday. You'd think so much would change since we are adults now, but it doesn't. Nothing ever changes.

I throw on my school uniform before interrupting her, "Ok let's go before I decide not to go."

I walk into the classroom to see students surrounding Herieth and I's desks. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" they all start to surround us, with gifts and hugs.

Fuck, this is going to be a long day.

~Herieth pov~

I'm almost counting down the seconds until training is over, I'm boiling over with excitement. I hear the loud bell chime. Before Obsidian can protest not going, I drag her out and towards our room.

We walk into our room, our dresses laying on our beds. I look at myself in the mirror, my pale white and pastel dress, with beautiful butterflies spread across. It went down just past my thighs ruffling at the bottom. It made me feel so ethereal. I spin around on my white heels, causing my golden locks to twirl with me into my face.

"What do you think?" Obsidian asks as she struts out of the bathroom, her black heels clicking. She is wearing a silk slip-on black dress that pinches in the middle of her chest. Her beautiful black curls spread across her shoulders like fire, her necklace sitting peacefully in the middle of her chest. I look down at my matching one. They slightly glow in the light... almost iridescent.

We hear a knock on the door. "ALMOST DONE IN THERE," Nathaniel shouts. "NO, we have to make an entrance," I shout back, seeing Obsidian roll her eyes as we giggle.

"Whatever you say, your majesty," I hear Nathaniel chuckle as his footsteps fade.

~Nathaniels pov~

They're so dramatic, I chuckle to myself quietly. Shit, I'm going to miss them, I think as I head back to my dorm. River is out setting up for the party, so I have a moment to pack.

There are so many memories in this place. The people, the rooms, Herieth, and now? I have to leave. Leave everything behind. I wish I could have one last adventure. At least I'll have this memory of their 18th birthday. I'll make it the best birthday ever. But I have to leave in the morning and my life will never be the same.

As I pack, I play over every memory in my head. Me and River joking around for hours, Obsidian beating me senseless, and Herieth. Herieths watery smooth skin, her perfect voice, her perfect smile... I'll miss her.

I'm so deep in thought I don't notice River come in and I have no time to react. "Uh, what the hell are you doing? Why are you packing?" River asks in a confused tone. "Uh, it's no big deal...just a mission in the morning," I say as River gives me a slight nod, getting ready to question me again. I interrupt him before he can say anything else. "Let's go, we don't wanna be late."

We both walk out in a suit with no tie.

Nathaniels:

Rivers:

Me and River enter the training room, now decked out in decorations. So much so we can't even tell it's the training room. I walk around the room chatting up different girls as River is standing by me not saying a single word. I'm mid-sentence when everyone goes silent, turning their heads to the entrance. Herieth and Obsidian walk in side by side, arms linked.

Herieth looks absolutely gorgeous, her hair flowing down her shoulders in a beautiful blond waterfall, Her butterfly dress hugging every curve.

~Rivers pov~

I walk in and scan the room. Great I know barely anyone. I decide to stick with Nathaniel as he chats up different girls. I try to say something, but I can't. I just stand there like a wide-eyed idiot.

Nathaniel walks up to two girls and starts talking to one. I recognize them... Nova and Lily from our class. "Hey River, how do you like the party?" Nova asks, twirling a piece of her hair. I stare blankly at her, not knowing what to say.

Before I can say something stupid, everyone's heads turn to the front doors. I turn around, widening my eyes at the sight of Obsidian. Each black curl perfectly placed. My eyes roam to her face. We make eye contact. I stare into her black orbs until she breaks contact, turning to Herieth.

Herieth.

My gaze moves over and I scan over Herieth. Her blond hair flowing so effortlessly... she looks so stunning. I felt my heart skip a beat. Wait. I've never realized how much I liked Herieth. What does this mean? Do I like Herieth? Do I like Obsidian?

I'm snapped out of my thoughts by Herieth and Obsidian walking up to me and Nathanial.

"There are the beautiful birthday girls," Nathaniel says with a wink, causing Obsidian to roll her eyes before bursting out laughing.

"I can't wait to go outside and watch the lights," Herieth beams. "And to give Obsidian her present."

Before I can say anything, beautiful song starts playing, and Herieth and Obsidian link arms. Herieth drags Obsidian away to go dance as Nathaniel stalks off to the other girls.

I stand there awkwardly for a moment, looking around the room. 2 seconds later I look over to see Herieth barreling into me. "Oh sorry, Obsidian pushed me," she chuckles quietly.

"W-wanna dance?" I stutter, Herieth grabbing my hand and guiding me to the center. I see Obsidian dancing with a guy from our class. Normally this would make me upset, but it doesn't. I can only focus on Herieth.

Herieth and I dance to the flow of the music, but I stumble over my own two feet. I'm not the best dancer. I laugh it off and look at Herieth, who seems to now be in her own world.

She lets go of my hands and begins to dance gracefully, twirling on her toes. Her necklace lights up, causing water to flow out from her and circle around her in beautiful designs and rhythm, adding to her beauty. I can see the passion in every movement, flowing so effortlessly. I can't take my eyes away from her.

I'm so distracted by her, I don't notice Obsidian walking up to me."Her ballet is so beautiful isn't it?"

Shit... wait. The peom. The letter I sent obsidian. What am I going to do?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

278K 5.9K 33
WATTPAD BOOKS EDITION You do magic once, and it sticks to you like glitter glue... When Johnny and his best friend, Alison, pass their summer holid...