Together (A Harry Potter love...

By arianaxoxo1234

Millie Donovan's Hogwarts adventure continues here in her third year at Hogwarts, when she finally realises h... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64

50

4.4K 129 207
By arianaxoxo1234

MILLIES POV

Hagrid presided over the Care of Magical Creatures exam the following morning with a very preoccupied air indeed; his heart didn't seem to be in it at all. He had provided a large tub of fresh Flobberworms for the class, and told us that, to pass the test, our Flobberworm had to still be alive at the end of one hour. As Flobberworms flourished best if left to their own devices, it was the easiest exam I had ever sat, and also gave Mione and I plenty of opportunity to speak to Hagrid, who, according to Elwood and Austin, was distraught.

"Beaky's gettin' a bit depressed," Hagrid told us, bending low on the pretence of checking that Mione's Flobberworm was still alive. "Bin cooped up too long. But still...we'll know day after tomorrow - one way or the other."

We had Potions that afternoon, which was an unqualified disaster. Try as I might, I couldn't get my Confusing Concoction to thicken, and Snape, standing watch with an air of vindictive pleasure, built my anger up so much that I accidentally exploded my Potion, drenching myself and Snape. Furious was an understatement, and he had immediately scribbled something that looked a lot like a zero on his notes before giving me a detention.

"I can't believe you did that, Mills," Harry continued with a laugh as we left the Dungeons. "Told you, all that studying was for nothing!"

"It's not my fault!" I argued stiffly, shooting Malfoy a cold glare as he boasted loudly about how good his exam had gone. "Snape was practically laughing at me the whole time!"

"He probably wanted to get back at you for, hang on, let me think" - Harry paused for a moment, before nudging me teasingly - "for literally every time you've ever spoken to him."

"Haha," I mumbled, without smiling. Since I was eleven it had been my dream to become an Auror just like Dad, and with Snape as my Potion's Professor, I couldn't see that coming true anytime soon.

"Ah, don't worry, Mills," said Harry teasingly, though his voice was soft as he nudged my shoulder with his. "We can fail together."

"Oh, brilliant," I said sarcastically, but allowed a smile to break out onto my face.

Then Mione and I had to use the timetuners to get to Ancient Runes on time, and let me just say, it went absolutely terribly; then came Muggle Studies, which I found extremely easy, the hardest question being Using your own knowledge, describe the similarities and differences between a 'Dishwasher' and a 'Washing Machine'.

I went to bed really early that night, considering I had to be awake and alert for the Astronomy exam, which took place at midnight.

I was running. From what, I wasn't sure. All I knew was what the thing kept barking, like a dog. It was fast, but I was faster. My legs began to ache, the wind whistling in my ears as I turned a corner-

-I bashed right into someone, letting out a small yelp as I fell into the persons arms, looking up to meet a pair of emerald-green eyes.

"I've got you, Mills, always," Harry muttered, wrapping his arms very tightly around me and burying his face in my hair.

"Promise?" I croaked, turning my face up to look at him.

Harry smiled. "I promise."

And he pressed his lips to mine, in a slow and gentle kiss. I had just placed my hand on his cheek, when Dad suddenly appeared, screaming at Harry for 'taking advantage' of me. Then we were on the Astronomy Tower, and Harry took one look at me and pushed me off. I was falling, falling rapidly through the air-

I woke with a start. It was a few seconds before I remembered that I hadn't actually been running, and in fact been asleep. What the bloody hell was that all about? I snorted quietly at the thought of someone falling off the Astronomy Tower, going to pull the covers over my face, when a distressed scream made me sit up rapidly.

"What? What is it?" I shouted, pushing my sheets down and standing up.

Mione was standing in the doorway of the bathroom, wearing her uniform and a horrified expression.

"What Mione?" I pressed, gesturing for her to explain.

"You aren't ready yet," she breathed, her eyes widening.

"What? Is that what you're worried about?" I let out a breathy laugh of relief, clutching my racing heart. "I thought someone had died or something-"

"THE EXAM, MILLIE!" Mione shrieked, rushing forward and beginning to throw my skirt and school-shirt towards me. "The astronomy exam! Lavender and Parvati have already left! It starts in fifteen minutes!"

It felt like my heart had just dropped into my stomach. My jaw dropped as I began to wave my arms frantically.

"Shit!" I mumbled, grabbing my shirt. "Mione, look away, I'm getting dre-"

"Don't be so ridiculous, Millie," she snapped, ripping my bed side drawer open and taking my Quill out, getting all my things ready. "What do you need? a Quill, ink, spare parchment, just in case..."

I continued hastily getting ready, while Mione prepared both her and my things, which I repeatedly thanked her for. We sprinted through the castle, panting and breathing heavily, until we finally made it to the tallest tower with two minutes to spare. How we did it was beyond me.

I finished the test in a suprisingly short amount of time, noting and observing the stars above us. I decided that Astronomy was one of my favourite subjects, and that watching the night-sky above was actually quite relaxing, giving me time to think. I sat cross-legged on the floor, my elbow rested on my knee, supporting my head. Lazily glancing around, I spotted Harry, who was sat on the other side of the space, trying to communicate with Ron using hand gesgures. I rolled my eyes at the sight - those two literally couldn't bare to be seperated for more than a minute.

"Ron," I hissed, leaning forward. Only a few people were in between us, but that didn't stop them from glaring at me to shut up. "Sorry..."

Making sure Professor Sinistra was still working at her desk, I reached into my pocket and withdrew the parchment Mione had cleverly made sure I brought. I placed it on top of my completed test and wrote:

Ronnie I need help - Millie

Trying to be as quiet as possible, I scrunched the parchment up and discreetly threw it at Ron, where it hit him directly on the nose. He scowled, rubbing it dramatically, while unfolding the note. His gaze softened and I watched as he took his Quill and scribbled a response, before scrunching it up again and purposely lobbing it back at me. I caught it one-handed, sending him a smug grin. He rolled his eyes, playfully sticking his tongue out at me.

You don't have to sign your name, only you would call me bloody Ronnie. What question are you stuck on?

Tutting under my breath, I hastily wrote a reply and threw it at him:

No not with the test. It's about Harry

Ron looked up, raising his eyebrows in my direction. I nodded, waving for him to write a response:

What about him?

I hesitated, before scribbling down what was troubling me:

I had a dream about him earlier
Do I look like Trelawney?

My head shot up and I sent him a cold glare. Ron raised his hands in surrender, clearly trying not to laugh. I quickly stuck my middle finger up at him, before writing a reply and skidding it across the floor:

Please be serious Ron, you're his best friend
Sorry sorry, but I don't see how a dream is going to affect anything. What even happened in it?
I was running and I bumped into Harry and he told me that 'he's got me and always will' and I made him promise, and then we kissed but Dad saw us and so Harry threw me off the Astronomy Tower

After I had successfully thrown Ron the note again, I heard a loud snort coming from across the classroom, and I instantly met Ron's eye, who had his fist stuffed in his mouth in an attempt to stop himself roaring with laughter. I gaped at him, shaking my head frantically to get him to shut up, as a few people had turned their heads in his direction. This unfortunately included Harry, who glanced up from his test for a short moment, ran his hand through his brown hair, before thankfully returning his attention to his work. Ron still hadn't finished laughing, completely ignoring my useless hand gestures to get him to stop:

THREW YOU OFF THE ASTRONOMY TOWER HAHAHAHAHAHA
Stop laughing you idiot! I can hear you giggling
I can't help it that's so funny
Cheers
Wait no not you falling, just the fact that Harry was the one that pushed you
Yeah hilarious
Oh come on, sis. It's obvious you still like him. Maybe the fact that you made him promise in the dream is your subconsciousness wanting to trust him again
Woah that's actually really clever. And I do still like him but what can I do? Does he still like me?
Millie are you actually asking me that question? Of course he bloody likes you, he doesn't shut up about you. You should see the way his face lights up when he sees you
Really?
Really

I bit my lip, staring down at the note. I couldn't help but wonder if Ron was just saying this to make me feel better. Harry was a natural flirt, which meant it was difficult to know if he really liked me again, especially after everything that happened.

What do I do, Ronnie? I'm so confused, like, should I make it obvious? Should I flirt with him and stuff?
Hang on - you weren't already flirting with him?
Well not on purpose, no. But I can't help it, can I? He's so handsome.
I know, so handsome! (Look at me)

I peered over my shoulder again to see Ron flipping his imaginary hair, silently giggling and flicking his wrist, before his face turned completely serious and he rolled his eyes.

'Like I'm going to agree that my best mate's handsome,' he mouthed to me, wrinkling his nose in disgust.

I shrugged, scrunching the parchment up, swinging my arm back, and throwing the parchment at his head...it was flying through the air...perfectly targeted...Ron had raised his arms to catch it...before a hand reached out and intercepted it from midair.

Harry.

I suddenly felt as though throwing myself off the Astronomy Tower wasn't such a bad idea after all.

"No, no, no..." I muttered, and without thinking, I pushed myself up and began climbing over everyone's legs towards him.

"Miss Donovan!" Professor Sinistra snapped, looking up from her papers. "What exactly do you think you're doing?"

"Saving my life," I mumbled, thinking about how I would most likely die of embarrassment if Harry managed to read the note. Sure enough, seeing my panicked state, Harry began very slowly unfolding the parchment, smirking teasingly.

"What was that?" Professor Sinistra asked fiercely, standing up and glaring at me. The whole class now had their eyes on me, seeming to have completely forgotten that they were in an exam.

"Erm - I feel sick," I lied, keeping my eyes fixed solely on Harry, who wasn't even looking down at the note, but instead, seeing that I clearly didn't want him reading it, kept grinning at me while slowly unfolding it. I was so close...

"Oh dear," said Professor Sinistra, softening her gaze. "Well, if you've finished your test you can pop to the Hospital Wing. Tell Madam Pomfrey I gave you my permission. Everyone else, get back to your tests. Not long to go now..."

"Thank you, Professor," I said absentmindedly, finally reaching Harry and, turning around so that I was blocking him from Professor Sinistra's view, I reached behind my back and snatched the note from his hand, stuffing it safely inside my pocket. Satisfied that the Professor was concentrated on her papers again, I turned back around and looked down at Harry, who was watching me with a smug grin.

"Not today pretty boy," I whispered, grabbing his chin and forcing his head to turn upwards. He seemed to melt at my touch, his smirk faltering and his pupils dilating as he stared up at me. It was my turn to smile arrogantly, and, taking advantage of his weak state, I gently pushed his face backwards before walking away and leaving the Tower. Once I was sure I was out of sight from anyone, I slumped against the wall and let out a deep breath, clutching my racing heart.

Merlin I was in love with that boy.

_________________

This is random but look at this picture I just found😍:

^lol it's really blurry but I love it

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

164K 4.8K 57
As Millie returns to Hogwarts for her fourth year, will she finally fall for Harry Potter's flirtatious charms, or will another certain someone get i...
158K 4.9K 24
The wizards and witches we all know and love are back for their last year in Hogwarts! Hermione starts to receive unexpected love letters from a secr...
4.2K 124 18
Mysterious. Challenging. Hardship. Turmoil. And most importantly, Dangerous. That's what awaits the Potter Twin's in their upcoming fourth year retur...
46.1K 1.1K 47
The life of a girl who felt she was second best to everyone but one day a secret is revealed and she finds out she isn't where she belongs. Follow In...