King of hearts • d.sc

Από lets_w1nw1n

"All I wanted was to lift the storm that raged in your heart." In which Winwin gets tangled up in the heart o... Περισσότερα

0
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
:)

20

1.7K 112 23
Από lets_w1nw1n

☕️
———

"Why'd you give me Haneul's number?" Winwin asked ubruptly as he walked into the store, Yoonbin showing him a smirk as he turned to him.

"So you didn't have her number." He said as he placed Winwin's drink on his usual seat. He sat down, shaking his head as he brought the drink up to his lips. "I just thought you needed it more than mine."

"You're setting us up." Winwin realised, Yoonbin giving him a wink.

"Bingo."

"Sorry but I'm not interested, we're just friends...kinda." Winwin explained shortly.

"Sure, but from what I've seen she's more interested in you than she is with that Yangyang kid." Yoonbin pointed out, wiping a glass in hand.

"Probably because I'm closer with her than Yangyang is. Besides, have you ever seen Haneul attracted to anyone?" It was an actual question, not that he wanted to know about Haneul's love life, but because he wanted to see how well Yoonbin knows her.

"That's a good point." Yoonbin thought. "Well she finds Lee Do-hyun really attractive."

"Has she ever dated?" Winwin probed as Yoonbin passed him a second drink, seeing as he's already half way through the first.

"Why are you so curious?" Yoonbin smirked, Winwin leaning back, realising he asked the wrong question. "So you do like her."

"I was just wondering, for Yangyang's sake." He lied.

"I can promise you he has no chance." Yoonbin said surely.

"I should still help him out." Winwin shrugged.

clang-dong

Another customer entered the store. She was tall and wore a large winter coat but she pulled the sunglasses off of her face as if it was summer. She ran a hand through her long black hair as she stared at the menu. Winwin was intimidated by simply looking at her, so he looked at the wall opposite him instead.

"Could I help you with anything?" Yoonbin asked the lady in a sweet voice. She squinted her eyes at it, as if she couldn't comprehend it's contents.

"Customer." She spoke authoritatively. Though it took a prolonged silence for Winwin to realise she was talking to him. He turned to her, giving her a questioning look. "What do you recommend?"

"Uhh." Winwin blinked. "I usually drink whatever the barista makes." He told.

"Him?" She asked, though it wasn't offensive. "Or Haneul?" 

"You know Haneul?" Yoonbin asked, Winwin wanting to ask the same thing.

"Yeah, I need my car back so I figured I'd wait for her." She smiled. She was high-class, which should be obvious by her attire, but the way she spoke played a big role in that too. "This is quite a...comfortable place you got here."

"Oh." Winwin said simply, realising she was the one Haneul had borrowed the car from.

"I'll just take anything." She told Yoonbin as he nodded, placing in her order. She turned to Winwin who is starting to regret not leaving. "You performed last night didn't you?"

"Y-yeah." He replied.

"Winwin right?" She asked. "Don't flatter yourself because I recognise you. I own a make-up company so I often learn of names in the kpop industry. For marketing."

"Ah." He nodded. "Well I'll be off now." He said as he began to get up from his seat.

"Wait." She ordered, making Winwin pause in his tracks. "Are you a regular?"

"I guess you could call me that." He answered.

"Well then I suggest you find somewhere else to get your morning coffee." She said. Winwin had no idea what was meant by that. But he noticed how quietly she was speaking, it wasn't somethings she wanted Yoonbin to hear.

"What do you mean?" Even though he had only known Yoonbin for a few days, he was worried for him and the shop.

"To put it simply. Someone tried to follow a dream but there are people out there who will try to stop her from achieving it at all costs. They're willing to set fire to the world if it means she won't get what she wants. And in this case, it may just be the shop." She explained, guilt and anger laced in her voice.

"Are you one of those people?" Winwin looked at her seriously. She paused at the question, almost surprised that he had asked, but she simply looked down.

"I have no power over these people."

Winwin nodded at the answer, turning on his heel before walking out the shop.
A cloud of cold air left his mouth as he breathed out. He couldn't get the encounter with the woman out of his mind. What she had said about Haneul, and the shop. He had grown curious about her. And it seemed Haneul's life grew more interesting the more he learned about it. He didn't want to get involved, but whatever deal he made last night may just force him into it. Once the deal is done though, he'll no longer have to worry about it. They'll walk their separate ways. She'll live her life. And he can live his without needing to know if she's okay, because that seemed to be the only thought that hadn't left his mind the night before.

📖
———

"Haneul, treat life like a movie. Imagine you are being watched at all times. Who do you want people to see? You want to be perfect don't you? Life is all about acting."

"Is that what makes you such a good actress?"

"...Yes. I do not just act on screen, I am acting at all times."

"Do you not get tired?"

"Haneul, what did mother say about asking questions?"

"To ask them sparingly."

"Good, now implement that."

"Now those are just some ways to tell an individuals relationship with their parents. This is important as it effects the way we interact with other and our relationship styles." Her professor pulled her out of her thoughts. "We'll touch on more of this topic next week, for now that is the end of the class. Enjoy your weekend."

Haneul walked down the ailes of the lecture hall as she bumped into the shoulders that scurried down the stairs. Her mind filled with everything but the lecture. She found it hard to fall asleep after the many text messages from her father and some threatening ones from Ryu. She didn't reply to any. She regrets even turning her phone back on, but somehow she found comfort in the most awkward text conversation she had ever had. Winwin's text came as a well timed surprise.

"Haneul." Professor Lee stopped her as she lifted her head from the floor. "I'm curious, did you ever find out who that boy in your dream was?"

"Ah that. He's my soulmate."

"Oh wow congratulations!" He clapped as she gave him a forced smile. "Not to great I presume?"

"You see through everything sir." She laughed. "It's not that he's a bad person or anything, I like him. I just think life is a bit too complicated for the both of us." She sighed, Professor Lee knifing his hands together, the way he would during a lecture.

"Well that's the funny thing about soulmates. They usually appear during a time in your life when you need them the most. You probably don't know it yet, but you need each other. Now more than ever." He advised. She had never thought about it that way, the universe could have made them meet at any point in time but yet they met when she happened to be looking for her soulmate.

I guess the universe was on my side for this one

"I'm not sure where the relationship will go, but we're not trying to steer it anyways."

"You'll just crash won't you? Even if you have one hand on the wheel an accident is bound to happen."

"We can't crash what hasn't started." She argued.

"Then you'll get no where, you'll just be stuck at the same spot until one of you decides to accelerate." He emphasises. "If he won't do it, I suggest you do."

"Yeah sure the worst that could happen is me getting into an accident and dying."

"At least you'll die together."

"I guess...?"

"Well you brought up the dying part, but that just shows your outlook on the relationship. I suggest just trying, you're soulmates, what's the worse that could happen?" He suggested. Haneul repeating the question to herself, trying to find an answer to it.

What is the worse that could happen?

She could make a long list as to why she had barely been in any relationships. But only a few of them are actually because of her. Her inability to commit to anything or anyone, how she keeps all her feelings in and her boring personality were some contributing factors. But the main one was her environment. Her family, more specifically her father. Though she hoped things would be different once she left home, but she hadn't even tried. And now she's stuck in the loop once again and it's just as bad. A looming sign with the word 'engagement' hung over her head, threatening her at any given moment.

She entered the sweet smelling shop, earning a disgruntled look from the high school student behind the counter. She tied an apron around her waist, joining Aera who aggressively wiped at the counter top.

"Is everything alright Aera?" She asked. Though the kid's behavior isn't always the best, she would always smile whenever she could.

"Don't even ask." She sighed. She pulled a piece of paper from under the counter, passing it over to Haneul. "Yoonbin wanted me to give this to you." Haneul took the yellow note from the girl's hand.

'Yoonbin seems nice, he made me a brown sugar drink which was delicious!! Anyways I need my car back. ~seori'

"She could have just texted me." Haneul muttered as she shoved the note into her pocket, walking over to the sink as she began cleaning some cups.

"Was that from your boyfriend or something?" Aera asked curiously.

"Nope." Haneul laughed. "Speaking of which, when are you gonna get one?"

"Never." Aera scoffed, the soft smile on her face suggesting more than that.

"So a girlfriend would be more likely?" Haneul asked as the smile dropped, Aera turning her head to her, eyes wide. "Don't worry, your secret's safe with me." Haneul assured.

"How--?"

"I know everything."

"You scare me." Aera shivered as she looked back at the task she was finishing up. The door bell chimed signalling a customer as Aera and Haneul looked up at Chenle who grinned widely, pulling his shy friend into the store.

"Hey Han!" Chenle chimed.

"Heyy! I didn't get to say it last night but your performance was amazing!" Haneul complimented as the two made their way to the counter.

"Oh thanks, it was really fun and Jasmine is super cool...and pretty."

"Just sit down, I'll get you guys some drinks I think you need." She smiled as Chenle and his friend shared a glance, shrugging before sitting down on the bench that overlooked the boba bar.

"So Jasmine huh?" Haneul smirked as she scooped pearls into two cups.

"Yeah I think I might ask her out." Chenle replied casually.

"Wait really?!" His friend exclaimed.

"Don't act surprised, the girl loves me, I don't see any reason for her to say no." Chenle flaunted, running a hand through his hair, looking overly confident despite knowing he isn't.

"I can see many." His friend commented.

"Name one."

"You're balding." His friend answered shortly as he pointed at the table.
"I can already see bits of your hair on the table."

"Better that than someone who doesn't even know how to do laundry." Chenle rolled his eyes at his friend. "This is Jisung by the way."

"Haneul." She introduced herself as Jisung gave a her a polite nod.

"She's the one I was talking about." Chenle looked over to Jisung.

"Oh the one who got in trouble last night?" Jisung asked as Haneul lifted a brow questioningly, passing a drink to Chenle.

"Trouble?" She asked, passing another to Jisung.

"You don't know?" Chenle gasped.

"Nope." She shook her head.

"Your dad made it a big deal that you left." Chenle informed. "He came storming backstage questioning everyone. What didn't help was that Ryu told him you left with one of the wayv guys, like I swear his lies get more and more absurd the older he gets."

"He knows that." Was all Haneul could say. She was starting to panic. The last thing she wanted is for Winwin to get into trouble. He didn't deserve to be dragged into this. "I did."

I shouldn't have asked him to come with me

"Hm? What?" Chenle asked as he swallowed some pearls.

"I did leave with one of the wayv guys." She told him seriously. If anyone were to understand the depth of the situation it's Chenle, knowing both Winwin and her father, he could actually be of some help.

"But they were all there-"

"Sicheng." She cut him off. "I left with him."
Chenle gave her a blank stare.

"But why?"

"Because," She started. "He's my soulmate."

thank you for 3k reads!!~

hope everyone has had a great week!!

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

9.6K 296 21
"I just want to feel loved" "IM SORRY" "DON'T LEAVE ME" The feel of helplessness... it sucks. They've been through so much but are they willing to fo...
3.1K 138 22
𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙜𝙮𝙖𝙤, a name I've never heard off yet sounds so familiar. - 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗺𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗮𝘂 ꒰ completed ꒱
205K 11.1K 18
"i just wanted to be pretty" nct yuta + winwin [started : 23/7/18] [finished : 13/9/18] [edit started : 24/4/19] [edit finished : 14/6/19] © lavende...
31.8K 897 49
yangyang _x2 requested to follow you yangyang_x2 started following you yangyang_x2 wants to sent you a message Approved 3 new messages