Re:ZERO; Ram:IF (Original)

By DACHero

THIS STORY HAS BEEN REWRITTEN; as Ram:IF Redux on my profile. With Subaru being held at the Mathers' mansion... More

Volume 1: Ram, The Red Haired Maid
Prolouge (Meeting Betty)
Chapter 1: Ram, The Red Haired Maid
Chapter 2: Biting the Dust
Volume 2: The Cries of the Forest
Chapter 3: The Fight in the Forest
Chapter 4: Contracted
Chapter 5: Leaping Time and Feelings
Chapter 6: The New Maid
Volume 3: Friendship, and the Creations of the Witch
Chapter 7: A Day in The Capital
Chapter 8: Dissociative Identity Disorder
Chapter 9: The Witch Cult
Chapter 10: The White Whale
Chapter 11: Wilhelm Van Astrea
Chapter 12: Theresia Van Astrea's Requiem
Chapter 13: Rem and Betelguese
Chapter 14: Moonlight Sonata ♡
Volume 4: Rem the Blue Haired Maid
Chapter 15: Rem
Chapter 17: Fishing
Chapter 18: Oni Horn
Chapter 19: Sin Archbishop
Volume 5: Praise the Witch
Chapter 20: Our Voyage Begins
Chapter 21: Gluttony and Greed
Chapter 22: Erased
Chapter 23: Regulus
Chapter 24: Sinking
Chapter 25: A Moment of Silence
Volume 6: Lust, Lust, Lust
Chapter 26: Sirius
Chapter 27: Manipulating Emotions
Chapter 28: Reduced to Ash
Chapter 29: Resolve and Reassurance
Chapter 30: Lust and Love
Chapter 31: Authority of Greed
Chapter 32: Calm after the Storm
Volume 7: The Final Encounter
Chapter 33: The Silver-haired Bride
Chapter 34: Eternal Sleep
Chapter 35: The Dream of Despair
Chapter 36: Facing Reality
Update: Major Announcement
Teaser 1: The Redux
Teaser 2: Release Date
Release Redux (+ Ram:IF Cut Content + Special Thanks)
Ram:IF First Year Anniversary
Ram:IF Special Chapter - Starting Life in Another World With You

Chapter 16: The Faithful Reunion

447 13 2
By DACHero

Subaru heard a voice coming from behind him. "Barusu, we need to talk!" She exclaims, looking panicked. Subaru turns around while putting on his shirt. "About Rem?" Ram's eyes widen a little, thinking Subaru read her mind somehow. "Wait Barusu, how did you know?" Subaru shrugs with a sigh, "I was just guessing." Ram looked down, clenching her fists. "It appears that Rem is on her way to us as we speak. I checked with my clairvoyance." Subaru looks down with sorrow, responding. "I don't think we'll be able to take her on..."

Ram looks at him with a worried and confused face. "What makes you say that?" Subaru remembers her ability to make attacks that launch at her disappear somehow. Along with her ability to place bombs on people. "I have a good feeling something happened to her horn causing it to regrow." Ram remembers seeing her horn while using her clairvoyance. "Actually, her horn did appear larger so you could be correct." Subaru then had an idea. Emilia. Considering they got back from the witch cult fight yesterday, she probably made it back by then.

"I need to talk to Mili and Beako for a minute." Subaru says, with a more hopeful tone in his voice. "For what?" Ram asks. "Hopefully if we can get Puck and Beako to help, we will be able to defeat her." Subaru walked out of the room. "Stay here Ram" He makes his way to Emilia's room, which he has been to once before. Preparing his speech on the way, he enters her room. Emilia was at her desk, appearing to be writing something. She looks over to see who entered her room.

"Huh? Subaru?" Emilia said in a questioned tone. "Hey Mili... We need to talk about something. Rem is coming to the mansion, Ram learned of this through her clairvoyance. I need yours and Puck's help." Almost as soon as he finished his sentence, her crystal pendant starting glowing as Puck materializes near her. With the flicking of his ears and a small yawn, he speaks. "Good morning Lia." Emilia smiles. "Good morning Puck! What makes you think that Rem might do something, Subaru?"

"Ram said her horn grew bigger. That could mean a lot of things, but we don't have much time until she arrives." Subaru says with a stern tone in his voice. Emilia nods. "Puck, I'm going to need your help this morning!" She gets up and follows. as Subaru exits the room

Choosing a random door, Subaru walks into the forbidden library. "Wow! How did you know which door Beatrice was behind?" She says while walking through the door with him. "That's what I'm wondering, I suppose!" Beatrice exclaimed while looking up from her book pouting. Subaru scratches his cheek. "Yo, Beako. I need your help. Rem is coming to the mansion and it would appear her horn has grown even larger than before." Beatrice closes her eyes and she crosses her arms. "Fine I suppose, we are contracted after all."

"Hello again Frederica. It's been a while since I last saw you." Frederica has a shocked expression on her face, seeing Rem with her long hair. "H-hello Rem? What are you doing here?" Rem shows an evil smirk. "To finish what I started, of course!" Frederica remembers the situation Subaru and Ram were in not too long ago. She then looks at Rem with a mad look. "I must stop you then." Frederica's tail starts to grow again as another voice rang through the hall. "I am very interested to see what the guts of a demi-human look like indeed." Elsa emerges from the shadows, with her foot on the first step.

Rem looks up at Frederica with a straight face. "Now tell me, where is sister?" Frederica finished her morph as she says in a growl. "I won't tell you where they are!" Rem rolls her eyes. "Then I'll just have to kill you." Her horn starts throbbing as she reaches her hand out. Frederica raises her paw and slams it down to crush Rem, however Rem touched her hand before it crushed her, instantly blowing her to pieces. Her horn stopped throbbing as she looked back at Elsa.

"They're here." Ram says frantically, peeking through the window as she looks back at the group. Subaru, Beatrice, Puck, and Emilia stand in the room as they were discussing what they should do to fend off Rem and Elsa. "This isn't good." Subaru says in a worried tone. Beatrice toys with her hair as she says, "Since the younger maid regrew her horn, she must have gotten stronger I suppose." Ram's eyes widen as she pointed behind Subaru. Turning around, Rem was entering the room slowly.

"Hello sister." Rem said with a grin on her face. "Rem?!" Rem was covered with Frederica's blood, and her horn was shining purple. Behind her, entered Elsa. "I am rather curious to see what the guts of two spirits look like." Puck laughs as he generates a sea of crystal shards. "Like we have any" He says without a strain of worriedness in his tone. Beatrice holds her hand out. "Stay back I suppose." Puck and Beatrice then send their shards at Elsa. With some dodging, they managed to get her frozen and immobile.

Beatrice flips her hair as she smirks. Subaru notices Rem leaning against the wall with her arms and legs crossed. "You done?" Rem gets off of leaning against the wall. "Nah, we were just getting started" Puck says with a smug face as he points into the air, showing more crystallized mana. Subaru looks over at Ram, as she runs over to him, grabbing his hand. "We are going to stop you right here right now Rem!" Subaru says with a stern look on his face. Subaru looks over to Ram-

A purple flash occurred

Subaru had his vision quickly come back after the flash blinded him. Still looking at the direction of Ram, he quickly rubs his eyes with his other hand. Holding on to hers tight, he was glad nothing had happened to her. "Ram!" Subaru yelled. However, he got no response. Only to come to realize that her head was completely missing from her body. Subaru froze up and started to sweat. He started shaking as the body collapsed onto the floor, spewing blood everywhere. "R-RAM NO!" Subaru screamed into the room.

Emilia screamed from the other side of the room. "SUBARU!" He looked over to see Emilia with a shocked look on her face, standing next to Beatrice that had an open wound through her body. She started to crawl over to Subaru as he kneeled down to grab her hand. "Beako! Beatrice! Is there magic that can heal?! Just tell me the spell and I'll-" She clenched Subaru's hand as she looked up at him with tears in her eyes. "Even.. If I'm dead.. we still share the contract, I sup-" She died in his hands as Subaru's tears stained the carpeted floor he stood on.

"My my, may we see what your guts look like now?" Subaru looked up to see Elsa broke out of the ice she was bound to. Emilia held her broken crystal as she fell onto her knees. "Rem! Why?!" She said as Rem looked at her with a smug face. Subaru couldn't hear anything else for much longer, however. He was instantly decapitated by Elsa throwing a blade at his neck.

Subaru was looking into his own eyes in the mirror. He kept staring at himself as Ram busts through the door of the bathroom. "Barusu! We-.. what's wrong?" Ram notices Subaru was shaken, looking at himself in the mirror. He saw Ram through the reflection, with her head still intact. He quickly turned and ran to her, hugging her tightly as starts to tear up. "Hey!" Ram says. She felt tears wet her shoulder as she held him close.

Subaru cried without making any noise. Silent tears fell through his eyes and into Ram's shoulder. Ram grabs Subaru's shoulders and pushes him back to where he could see her face. "Barusu, are you alright?" Subaru didn't respond again. Tears kept coming out of his eyes, but he didn't want to say anything, nor could he say anything. He was mentally and emotionally struck after seeing Ram without her head.

Ram decides its better off to not tell Subaru about what's going to happen, seeing he is immobile at the moment. Ram put Subaru to bed as he closed his eyes, relaxing at Ram soothing him.

Subaru woke up in bed as he sat up and looked around. "It's unusually quiet..." Subaru quickly fell into a state of panic, realizing that Rem and Elsa must have came to the mansion. Hopping out of bed, it was surprisingly cold. He felt like he was standing out in the middle of a snowstorm. Shivering, he slowly walks to the door and opens it, seeing a trail of blood begin from the hall.

Walking through the hallway, he saw Ram bound to the wall. It looked like someone cut her body in half and stitched the front side of the body to the wall. Subaru started crying as he threw up on the floor. The puke almost froze immediately upon hitting the carpeted floor, along with his tears. He started to shiver more violently as he kept walking.

He then saw Emilia on the floor with a pool of blood surrounding her. Looking down at her, there were multiple gashes throughout her body. However, her head was jammed inside of a thin vase. Subaru's lips started quivering as the tears rolling down his cheeks turned solid. He moved past quickly only to see Beatrice split into multiple pieces scattered across the hall.

Subaru then looked out of the window. It was very cloudy with heavy snowfall. Not knowing what he was doing, he heard noise outside. Going down to the entrance of the mansion, he walked through the door. He saw Reinhard standing in the courtyard, seeming to be looking up to the mansion. "R-Reinhard?" He mumbled to himself as he walked to him.

"Subaru! Step aside!" Reinhard said. Subaru stepped to the left of Reinhard as he looked up to see the sight before him. Standing behind the mansion was a colossal beast. "Wh-What is that?!" Subaru was going to run away but he realized that his legs were frozen. Reinhard then started speaking. "You froze the entire country! I'm glad I was nearby to asses this situation!" Subaru looked to his left, seeing Rem and Elsa frozen, looking like they were walking away from the mansion.

"I'm sending the rest of this sick country to sleep, with my daughter..." A voice rang through the sky, as if someone was speaking through loudspeakers. Subaru recognized the voice belonging to someone. "P-Pu-" Subaru quickly was interrupted as the ice went up his body and broke up the upper half of his body, falling onto the snow. Subaru couldn't speak anymore as he could only see Reinhard.

"I guess I have no time to waste then..." Reinhard wields his sword from his hip as it glows blue, illuminating almost the entire property as he swings it. The world seemed to have broken apart like glass. The sky was shattered as stars that had multiple vast sized shine through the night. A blue ray came down from space and landed on the beast as Subaru's vision quickly subsided.

"Barusu, what's wrong?"

Subaru turned around as he quickly responds. "I have an idea if she decides to fight." Ram's eyes widen. "How did you know Rem was coming?" Subaru didn't respond as he thought about what he was going to do. "Reinhard! Reinhard said he was nearby before this happened! I have to get to him somehow!" Subaru asks Ram. "Is there any cities or towns near here?" Ram nods. "Yes, there's one near the village that was destroyed yesterday."

Subaru had a sign of hope in his eyes. "Ram!" Subaru says. She responds "What is it?" Subaru smirks. "This has to work!" He says with relief and hope. " Go tell Frederica to sneak around the forest and go get Reinhard! Meanwhile, let's hold her off for as long as possible, maybe someone will come help us?"

Ram decided to hold off on questions as she proceeds. "I did notice that her horn was larger, so we might not be able to defeat her." Ram nods. "Ill go alert Frederica immediately, and ill come back here after!" Subaru nods as they both rush out of the room.

Beatrice: "What did you want me for, I suppose?"

Puck yawns. "Good morning Lia-" Subaru busts through the room. "I have no time to explain, this is an emergency and we need to take cover in the forbidden library!" Emilia stands up frantically at Subaru's words. "What's happening?!" Subaru grabs her hand and starts running out of her room with her and Puck. "I'll explain it when we get there!"

Subaru opens up a door to the forbidden library, throwing Emilia and Puck in there. "Beako!" Subaru seemed to be happy, considering he saw her alive after she was cut to pieces in his previous loop. "What did you call me for Subaru?" Emilia asks. "And why are you here, I wonder?" Beatrice asks. "Rem is coming to the mansion!" Emilia's eyes widen as Beatrice's eyes squint. Ram shortly arrives after the three.

"Frederica is on her way, are you satisfied now Barusu?" Subaru nods as he looks at the group. "Mili, Beako, Puck, I need to talk to you guys." Emilia and Puck nod as Beatrice crosses her arms, listening for Subaru's word. "I need your help. Rem is coming with an assassin and her horn has grown. There's no way me and Ram alone could take her on." Beatrice starts. "What's your plan, I suppose?"

Subaru points at her. "Let's hold them off for as long as possible." He says with a smirk. "Then what?" Emilia asks worried. Subaru nods saying, "I'm just hoping Roswaal comes back soon... buuuuut Frederica is on her way to go get Reinhard right now!" Ram looks up at Subaru. "It's possible that Lord Roswaal could come back today."

Beatrice crosses her arms as she says. "Fine, I suppose."

Subaru looks over to Beatrice. "My first plan is that we hide in the forbidden library using Beako's door crossing." Beatrice pouts. "Fine, I suppose. But don't steal any books!" Subaru rolls his eyes as he smiles. "I won't, Beako."

Subaru heard footsteps coming from the hall as his eyes widen. "I hear them. Beako, use your door crossing!" Beatrice then flicked her hand up as she put it back down. "There, I suppose." Subaru pressed up his ear against the do-

A purple flash occurred

Subaru and Beatrice looked around frantically. "Wh-what happened?!" Ram looked over at Subaru. "Barusu, what's wrong? Nothing happened!" Subaru took a small sigh of relief. "You did see that too, I suppose?" Beatrice asked Subaru. "Yeah, I did Beako. Usually when that happens, something always bad happens right after! Maybe she was using the ability to try to find u-" Subaru heard pounding footsteps approach the door. "Beak-"

"Already done, I suppose!" Subaru heard the hall go quiet. "Wow! Good job Beako!" Ram rolled her eyes. "Don't be so paranoid, stupid Barusu!" Subaru blushed and scoffed. He heard echoes come down the hall, however. "I wonder where Subaru could be..." He heard a voice of Rem echo through the hallway. "I'm very curious as well. I would like to see the insides of a spirit too." Subaru rolled his eyes. "Of course, that's Elsa, who wouldn't know that?!" He thinks to himself/

"Jeez, you're weird Elsa." Rem tells Elsa. "I am the bowel hunter after all." Subaru heard the echoes subside with no footsteps to be heard. "Elsa and Rem are freaks..." Subaru then heard the sound of growls echo through the hall. "Are those.. mabeasts?!" Ram perks up and responds. "That means one of them is controlling the beasts. Barusu, be careful."

Subaru looks over to everyone as he had an idea. "Everyone! You should all hide! Since this library is big and all, Beako has taste!" Beatrice scoffs flipping her hair. "I couldn't have said it any better, I suppose!" She smiles softly as everyone starts shifting their positions.

"Beako! Switch off the lights!" Subaru quietly whispers through the library. Ram and Subaru were hiding underneath a table on the second floor of the library, meanwhile Emilia was hiding in a small cabinet nearby. Beatrice decided to use her magic to hide herself. "Ok, I suppose" The lights switch out as the room goes dark. Subaru relaxes as he feels someone clinging onto him. "Of course, she would do it while no one is looking..."

After waiting for about 10 minutes, they hear the door creak open as light flooded the room. "Is anyone here?" Subaru tenses up as he sees Rem on the other side of the door, casting a long shadow across the room. Rem smiles, without even seeing Ram, she shouts. "We meet again, sister!" Subaru thought to himself. "D-don't fall for it. I do have a backup if you do either way."

"R-rem?!" Ram shouts. "Ugh! What the fuck?! Ok everyone! Now!" Subaru yells. Beatrice jumps through the portal as shards launch at Rem from all different directions. Rem dodges them all with ease. "That was a surprise indeed!" She says manically. Ram pops around the corner of a bookshelf. "El Fura!" The wind seemed to slightly scratch Rem. "Woah! He got a bit of her!" Subaru exclaimed

"Say goodnight!" Puck sent a devastating number of shards at Rem, but he wasn't aiming at her. Rem backed up , thinking they were going to her. Elsa sees this and thinks the same, but the shards hit her instead and shatter her into a million pieces. The blood shed from her also freezes rather quickly. Subaru had a hopeful look as Puck scratches his ear. "Oops, guess I misaimed!"

"Did we get Elsa?!" Subaru yelled cheerfully. "It appears so." Emilia said. Subaru felt something hurdling toward him, as the blade barely passed him. "That was very impressive! Please do entertain me!" Subaru's eyes widen. "H-huh? Didn't Puck just freeze you to death?" Elsa points at Rem's forehead, with her horn throbbing. "You must be mistaken then. I'm still alive!" Subaru looks back at where the dead body was, but there were no signs of any frozen blood.

"N-no!" Subaru looked down as he was panicking. "Now, I'll send you to meet the angels!" Elsa jumps onto the bookshelf and starts jumping from bookshelf to bookshelf. Beatrice stood in the middle of the library as she looked up at Elsa. "Stop ruining my collection, I-" Elsa leaped down to Beatrice and threw the blade at her, but she deflected it with her magic. The blade hit Elsa's shoulder as it spewed blood.

Rem makes her way to the second floor as she sees Ram. "Sister, dear sister, I feel so overjoyed to see you again that I want to hug you!" Rem walks toward her with her arms out. Puck then appears with Emilia, coming out of the cabinet. "Sorry to poop on your reunion, but I can't let that happen today!" Puck speaks, as he sends a large number of shards at Rem, keeping her occupied. "Damn it, Frederica, how long will it take you!" Subaru yells.

Elsa pulls the blade out of her shoulder, as she licks the blood off of it. "That sure was a pleasant surprise, please, entertain me more!" She says with a lewd blush on her face. Beatrice looks at her with disgust. "Such a revolting human, I suppose!" Elsa continues to dash around the shelves as Beatrice kept blocking waves of attacks she sent. She leaped down at her once again, but Beatrice had a plan this time. She opened a portal in the floor, which Elsa fell through. She closed it perfectly at the moment where her head met ground level, decapitating her. "Now die where you stand, I suppose!" Beatrice flips her hair.

Rem looked down at Elsa's head. "No! This can't be!" She tried to use a time leap again, but her horn wasn't cooperating. "Damn it! I shouldn't have rushed its maturing period!" She screams in her head. "Subaru, Sister, Miss Beatrice, Miss Emilia! You have all met your demise! I hate to have to bring it down to this but.. AHHH!" She screams as a grey orb engulfs the entire room. Everyone freezes in place as she starts to laugh manically.

"It seems like you all have stopped moving! I wonder why!" She speaks as she walks up to her sister. Wrapping her arms gently around her, she whispers into her ear. "Sister~" This sends a chill down Ram's back. Rem starts rubbing Ram's tummy as Subaru could only watch. "Wh-what the hell?! Why can't we move, but she ca-" Subaru was interrupted at the sound of footsteps coming down the hall.

Rem perks up as her eyes widened to the length of Betelgeuse's. A familiar figure in a blue uniform walked through the door. Judging from his outfit with a mitch match of colors and the makeup on his face with blue hair, it definitely looked like he belonged in a circus. "My, it's nice to see you again Reeeeeem!" The grey orb immediately vanishes at the flick of Roswaal's hand. "R-Ros!!" Subaru cheered as Ram looked up to see Roswaal. "Lord Roswaal!"

Frederica then steps by Roswaal at the door. A man in a white uniform with red hair accompanied her. "Reinhard's here too?!" Reinhard smirked as he says, "I was called here by Frederica. I heard you need help, is that correct?" Rem stepped back. "No! It can't be! Two of the most powerful people in the entire country?!" She thinks to herself in a panic.

Reinhard stepped forward along with Roswaal. "I heard you're the one causing this trouble. Any objections?" Reinhard pointed at Rem as she smiled. "No, not at all! I'd love to fight the sword saint!" Reinhard nods. "Very well then, considering your powers, I'm going to be needing this!" He wields the sword on his waist. "Wait, Rem's worthy of his sword?!" Subaru could only watch in awe.

"What will you do now?" Rem said with a smug look on her face. "I'm not worried at all!" She continues. "I will now eliminate you with the swordplay of the Astrea famil-" Rem points up to the sky as her horn shined. It appeared everything around her broke into pieces as everyone stood still like statues. Space surrounded the atmosphere as the pieces vanished into thin air. "Yes! I've won!" She yells as she walks up to Reinhard.

"I'll have the honor to kill-" Reinhard's voice interrupted her preaching as he says. "Was this really the ace up your sleeve?" Suddenly, all of the shattered pieces of the mansion were brought back together as if nothing happened. The space atmosphere disappeared as Rem was left speechless and unable to move due to shock. "Now! Let's get this over with!" He points his sword up as it glows blue. Lights started spewing everywhere as it blinded everyone.

A large explosion boomed through the property of the Mathers mansion. The forbidden library was torn to shreds, books everywhere. Beatrice popped up as she pouted. "My books, I suppose!" Subaru looked down at Reinhard with a happy look on his face. Rem was nowhere to be seen, as he asks from the floor above. "Did you get her?!" Reinhard nods with a smirk on his face. "It would appear so." Subaru collapsed with a large sigh of relief. "Thank god!"

Not long after, Ram collapsed by Subaru's side with tears flowing down her eyes. "Rem... Why!" She screams holding onto Subaru. She was crying over Rem being evaporated. "Why did this have to happen!" Subaru held her as he started tearing up at the emotional Ram.

Beatrice steps up to Reinhard as she speaks. "It seems that we have won I suppose!" Roswaal speaks. "This has turned into quiiiite the mess hasn't it?" He says. Reinhard nods and smiles. "If you want, I'll pay for the damages." Beatrice shouts at him. "You better, I suppose!" Roswaal then speaks. "Now now Beatrice. You're toooooo kind, Reinhard!" He speaks cheerfully looking at him.

Ram clings onto Subaru, crying her eyes out. Tears were wetting his shirt as he holds her in the dark and dusty room. Looking up into the ceiling, he felt relieved but grieved at Ram's crying. He shed a silent tear, as the two sat there, clinging onto each other for dear life.

To be continued

Authors Notes: Very epic chapter, Discord code is gHuZ4TDKNZ. Have a fantastic day!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

264K 9K 123
After being teleported to a world filled with magic and fantasy, YN (Your Name) meets a girl he had no clue could exist. Inexplicably infatuated for...
11.4K 254 9
You were just normal person with a normal life and you were just suddenly teleported to one of the most dangerous anime worlds with the original body...
6.9K 219 37
10.16.20 #1 in Re:zero. Bless all of you & thank you for your support ❤️ 11.14.20 1K VIEWERS (FIRST STORY TO REACH) THANK YOU~ JH #1 in Ram (4/4/21) ...
2.5K 85 34
I do not own Re: zero that is owned by Tappei Nagatsuki. I started writing this after the other fanfic. heard of one loop in the Re: Zero series tha...