[𝐈] 𝕽𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖚𝖗𝖊𝖈𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓...

By GyneveGynny

𝙎𝙪𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙣𝙖𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙖𝙡 𝙥𝙝𝙚𝙣𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙖 𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙚𝙣𝙨 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙙𝙖𝙮, 𝙈𝙮𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙘 𝙁𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙞𝙣... More

𝕽𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖚𝖗𝖊𝖈𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓: 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗖𝗮𝘀𝘁
𝕸𝖆𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖊 𝕾𝖆𝖑𝖛𝖆𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖊: 𝗔𝗻 𝗢𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘃𝗶𝗲𝘄
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕺𝖓𝖊: 𝗪𝗲𝗹𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗧𝗼 𝗠𝘆𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗰 𝗙𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘀
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖔: 𝗥𝗲𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗻 𝗢𝗳 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗕𝗮𝗱 𝗢𝗺𝗲𝗻
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊: 𝗙𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗽 𝗔𝗱𝗼𝗿𝗻𝘀 𝗔𝗻 𝗢𝗹𝗱 𝗙𝗮𝗰𝗲
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗: 𝗥𝗲𝗺𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗬𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀 𝗔𝘀 𝗧𝗵𝗲𝘆 𝗣𝗮𝘀𝘀 𝗠𝗲 𝗕𝘆
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕱𝖎𝖛𝖊: 𝗔 𝗗𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗮𝘀𝘁𝗲 𝗙𝗼𝗿 𝗔𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗿-𝗗𝗶𝗻𝗻𝗲𝗿 𝗗𝗶𝘀𝗰𝘂𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕾𝖎𝖝: 𝗧𝗼 𝗧𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗾𝘂𝗶𝗹𝗶𝘇𝗲 𝗔 𝗕𝗲𝗮𝘀𝘁
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓: 𝗖𝗮𝘁𝘀' 𝗢𝘂𝘁 𝗢𝗳 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗕𝗮𝗴
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕰𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙: 𝗜𝗺𝗺𝗼𝗿𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘆 𝗜𝘀𝗻'𝘁 𝗔 𝗚𝘂𝗮𝗿𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗱 𝗘𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗻𝗶𝘁𝘆
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊: 𝗔 𝗕𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗵𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝗧𝗿𝗮𝗴𝗲𝗱𝘆
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖊𝖓: 𝗦𝗼𝗹𝗶𝘁𝘂𝗱𝗲 𝗔𝘁 𝗟𝗮𝘀𝘁, 𝗔𝘁 𝗟𝗲𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝗙𝗼𝗿 𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗴
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕰𝖑𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓: 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗔𝗹𝗶𝗴𝗻𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗢𝗳 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗪𝗶𝘁𝗰𝗵𝗲𝘀
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊: 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗕𝗲𝗻𝗻𝗲𝘁𝘁 𝗖𝗼𝗼𝗸𝗯𝗼𝗼𝗸
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓: 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗙𝗲𝗹𝗹'𝘀 𝗖𝗵𝘂𝗿𝗰𝗵 𝗧𝗼𝗺𝗯
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓: 𝗦𝗮𝗰𝗿𝗶𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗢𝗻𝗲𝘀𝗲𝗹𝗳 𝗦𝗲𝗲𝗺𝘀 𝗠𝗼𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗶𝗰 𝗔𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗙𝗮𝗰𝘁
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕱𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓: 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗣𝗮𝗶𝗻 𝗢𝗳 𝗟𝗼𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗪𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗪𝗲 𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗲
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕾𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓: 𝗪𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗡𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗺𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗙𝗹𝗮𝗺𝗲 𝗢𝘃𝗲𝗿
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓: 𝗙𝗼𝗿 𝗨𝘀, 𝗧𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗔𝗿𝗲 𝗡𝗼 𝗥𝘂𝗹𝗲𝘀
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕰𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓: 𝗠𝗮 𝗣𝗲𝘁𝗶𝘁𝗲 𝗖𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗺𝗯𝗲
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓: 𝗝𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗨𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗹 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗦𝘂𝗻 𝗥𝗶𝘀𝗲𝘀
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞: 𝗖𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗕𝗼𝗻𝗱𝘀 𝗕𝗲𝘁𝘄𝗶𝘅𝘁 𝗪𝗼𝗹𝘃𝗲𝘀
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝕺𝖓𝖊: 𝗗𝗲𝗮𝗿 𝗞𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗮, 𝗛𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗜𝘀 𝗔𝗹𝗹 𝗜 𝗛𝗮𝘃𝗲
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝕿𝖜𝖔: 𝗙𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗙𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗯𝗹𝗲𝗺𝘀
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊: 𝗕𝗶𝗴 𝗕𝗿𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗜'𝗹𝗹 𝗧𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗖𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗢𝗳 𝗬𝗼𝘂
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗: 𝗠𝗮𝘀𝗾𝘂𝗲𝗿𝗮𝗱𝗲𝗱 𝗬𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘆𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝕾𝖎𝖝: 𝗢𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝗠𝗮𝗰𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓: 𝗟𝗼𝗰𝗸𝘄𝗼𝗼𝗱'𝘀 𝗪𝗼𝗹𝗳𝗶𝘀𝗵 𝗣𝗹𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝕰𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙: 𝗜𝘁 𝗧𝗮𝗸𝗲𝘀 𝗠𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗧𝗵𝗮𝗻 𝗗𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗵 𝗧𝗼 𝗞𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗠𝗲
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊: 𝗦𝘄𝗲𝗲𝘁 𝗖𝗮𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗲
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞: 𝗗𝗶𝘀𝗮𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗔𝘁 𝗗𝗶𝗻𝗻𝗲𝗿 𝗣𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗶𝗲𝘀
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝕺𝖓𝖊: 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗗𝗲𝘃𝗶𝗹 𝗥𝗲𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗻𝘀
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝕿𝖜𝖔: 𝗜 𝗪𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗔𝗹𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀 𝗕𝗲 𝗬𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗕𝗿𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊: 𝗔 𝗛𝘆𝗯𝗿𝗶𝗱𝘀' 𝗥𝗶𝘁𝘂𝗮𝗹
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗: 𝗞𝗹𝗮𝘂𝘀' 𝗙𝘂𝗹𝗹 𝗠𝗼𝗼𝗻
𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝕱𝖎𝖛𝖊: 𝗚𝗼𝗼𝗱𝗯𝘆𝗲 𝗠𝘆𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗰 𝗙𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘀

𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝕱𝖎𝖛𝖊: 𝗡𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘁𝘆 𝗬𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀 𝗧𝗼𝗼 𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗴

1.4K 41 4
By GyneveGynny

Chapter Twenty Five
-- -------- --
Ninety Years Too Long

March 25th, 2010
Pain. Pain in my right arm where I had fallen, in my head where it had smacked against the concrete, my throat where I had been strangled and now the discomfort of my body laid against, or rather on top of, somebody else's as they wriggled. Whimpers of the voice beneath me began to grow louder as I felt ropes being loosened against my burning skin, the smell of blood, the presence of dark magic. The presence of vampires, old ones, half a century maybe older. The figure underneath me belongs to Elena, her doppelganger allure, the fear in her voice as I'm rolled onto the floor whilst the vampire attempts to feed on her, but my body is paralyzed, unable to move as the second vampire emerges into the room, ridiculing the first.
  "What did you do to her? What do you want with us?" I hear Elena question as her body leans over mine, pulling stray hair out of my eyes as they groggily flicker open, the alcohol from last night was a particularly unwise idea in retrospect.
  "My god, you look just like her." the female vampire comments, her aura edging closer as Elena begs for her freedom. Assuring the woman that she wasn't Katherine.
  "I know who you are, I said be quiet." she enforces as Elena pushes once more, the loyal wolf instincts compel me upwards, pulling Elena back onto the sofa as the vampire tries to silence her with a swift, almighty back-hand.
  "The old vampire said to be quiet, so stay quiet." I chastise, allowing her to roll off me to the side, her every breath consumed with anxiety as I groaned, the pain throughout my body becoming unbearingly strong.
  "At least one of you has a sliver of intelligence." she ridicules before whisking away, using her agility to exit the room as I check Elena for serious injuries. She's withholding the tears in her eyes, to which she noticed I was as well. However, our pains were dramatically different. Elena permits me to rest my forehead against her shoulder, rubbing my back as I fight through the pain tearing through me as we sit together in terrifying taciturnity.

The two vampires speak in the distance, my hearing is much clearer that Elena's although by her reaction I can tell we're both hearing the same thing.
  "So you called him?" the male vampire queries, relaxed, not a care in the world as they seem to not care for hushed tones.
  "No. I called one of his contacts. You know how this works." the female fights, detached in the male's obvious stupidity.
  "Did you, or did you not, get the message to Elijah." with those words my body turns upright, staring Elena dead in the eyes, as she turns at me perplexed.
  "Who's Elijah?" she mouths, clearly unsettled by my obvious reaction. I lean in, whispering as to not immediately bring attention to us.
  "Old friend." I promise, brushing my fingers against her face in an amicable attempt to comfort the poor human girl.
  "They say he got it." the woman replied to the man's statement, continuing to pace about as worry is obvious within her, she was afraid of Elijah. Rightfully so.
  "Wonderful. And what?" the male pushes, his uneasiness now creeping into his tone, his inability to sit still displaying the obvious. Elena asked no more questions to my previous statement, following slowly behind me as we approached the vampires.
  "So that's it, Trevor. He either got it or he didn't. We just have to wait." the female responds, name dropping her partner as they continue to pace about one another.
  "It's not too late. We can leave them here. We don't have to go through with this." Trevor's anxiety now raises the more they converse about Elijah. Once he arrived or rather if he arrived, if he could believe that it was still truly me walking this earth ninety years on, he would be able to help us escape, send us back home and then he could take me to meet with the rest of them, the family I had missed so much.
  "I'm sick of running." the woman argues.
  "Yeah? Well, running keeps us from dying." Trevor retorted, attempting to get closer, the floorboard underneath my foot creaks, drawing immediate attention towards both myself and Elena. Instinctively, I push the human behind me, I wouldn't have enough fuel in the tank to take them both on, but I would protect the human at all costs, at least for now.
  "You. There's nothing around here for miles. If either of you think you're getting out, you're tragically wrong. Understand?" she declared, attempting to make herself look threatening as no emotion but anger overtook her, typical old-fashioned vampire behaviour.
  "Who's Elijah?" Elena questions from behind me, pretending not to have heard my explanation. I had hoped she wouldn't bring this up, getting either of us out of deep waters was way out of my depth at the moment.
  "He's your worst nightmare." she responds, walking off uninterested in us roaming about the house. Pulling Elena into a hug to comfort her during these pressing times, she steps forward, surpassing me with determination to question the two very old vampires on her own, ruling that she wanted answers. However, this time, she was on her own. The tidal waves of nausea would be detrimental against keeping me upright, she urged me to go sit back down, knowing that if she was a bargaining chip, the two vampires wouldn't hurt her.

I shift against the decrepit sofa, dreaming up some kind of marvellous reunion between myself and Elijah. It had been so long since I had seen my old friend, my dearest friend, a confidant and a partner in crime. A brother. When I felt that both of my own had abandoned me, when one of them did abandon me. He would read classics of the past, teach me how to fence - a skill I didn't use often, he taught me about literature, mathematics, combat and negotiation. He lectured me to order armies, sight peace or inflict violence. Elijah taught me how to live in the shadows whilst I only danced in the light. He was the confidant I had always needed, something I couldn't find in my own brothers who had vanished from my life entirely. Maybe it would begin with a handshake, progress into a hug and then he would decapitate our abductors letting us go free. Or maybe he would be so afflicted to see me he would turn on us, taking Elena whilst deserting me to die with the vampires. I hadn't seen Elijah in ninety-one years, a lot can change in several decades.

Elena soon came trotting in, a discouraged look on her face as she sat leaned against me, sighing in defeat as I wound an arm around my brunette friend's shoulder. Something crunches beneath her foot, provoking our attention. She pulls out a crumpled piece of lined A4, with black marker scribbled across the front out from her foot.

'Stefan and Damon are coming for you.
- B'

The letter makes the both of us grin as Elena closes the letter, folding it as I offer my jacket pocket, keeping the note as a marker of Bonnie's success for such a big spell on her own. I was overwhelmingly proud of the young witch at this very moment, like a parent watching their child ride a bike without stabilizers. She no longer needed to channel me, surpassing my expectations after only a few months. She was something special. It wasn't long before the female vampire, who Elena confirmed to be called Rose, entered into the room as both Elena and I huddled for warmth in the frigid house, goosebumps raised on her olive skin as my wolf interior kept me moderately warm. Trevor then rushes in, alerting Rose to Elijah's arrival. I was undoubtedly timid, the doppelgänger could sense the rigidity of my body as I was forced into position like a statue, overthinking every small detail of my old friend's appearance. I had only hoped that he would spare us, killing the vampires to safely return us home. Trevor was nervously irate as Rose calmed him, the loud echoing of knocks on the front door sent Rose venturing off whilst Trevor was alone in the room with us. After a short while, two sets of footsteps saunter through the house. The lighter ones I assumed to be Rose as the heavier clicks of expensive polished shoes, I knew for a fact, were Elijah. As I hear this, I stand, confusing both Elena and Trevor as I walk towards the staircase, unafraid of positioning myself slightly behind Trevor.

He's bursting with confidence, I suppose that will never change, his hair is the same darkened burnt umber, the style, however, was vastly different from the past. His signature steamed suit, his entire appearance pieced to perfection with every move as elegant as the last, consistently nonpareil in structure as his very tone of walk suggested authority, commanded respect but oozed unpredictability. He was no loose cannon by any means, but Elijah's true nature was always hidden under a shroud of mystery, a facade. The two of us stare at one another, minimized surprise passing over his features as we catch one another's eyes, just before his gaze transfixed onto Elena then back to me. He uses his archaic, arcane abilities to appear before us, outstretching his arm in what one would assume to be a usual handshake, however, this act was anything but usual for Elijah. His arm weaves to the inside of mine, sitting right before my elbow as mine touches directly onto the outside of his, a firm grip uniting the two of us.
  "Elijah." I breathe, making it surely clear I was beatific by his appearance, exuberating a slender smile.
  "Marielle." he returns, retracting his hand before shifting his way in front of Elena. As he inspects her, a mortified look transpires across both Rose and Trevor's faces, by this display of affection between Elijah and I. They now knew we were more than just acquaintances.
  "Human. It's impossible," he states, simply greeting Elena as she trembled under his gaze. She was rightfully afraid. Elijah was a dangerous man, although he was noble, by her, he was not to be trusted.
  "We have a long journey ahead. The three of us should get going." Elijah announces, now certain of his plan to take both me and Elena, but to where was unknown. Would he take us to safety? Or to peril? It usually all depended on his mood, as it did with all ancient vampires.
  "Please, don't let him take us. Marielle, please." the doppelgänger pleads, nevertheless, it was no use. Neither Rose nor Trevor would sacrifice their lives for another doppelgänger, certainly not after the jeopardy that fell onto them the last time when they aided Katerina.
  "One last piece of business. Then we're done." Elijah assured, looking towards me to shift my position away from the vampire, the one he was about to kill.

  "I have waited so long for this day, Elijah. I'm truly very sorry." Trevor apologises, attempting to gain his freedom just like Rose, his partner in crime.
  "Oh no, your apology isn't necessary." Elijah declares, luring the poor man into a false sense of security at Elijah's willingness to forgive past sins, nonetheless, I knew how this ended. Trevor was going to be dead, permanently.
  "Yes. Yes, it is. You trusted me with Katerina and I failed you." Trevor admits, staring off at the floor in pensive thought, attempting to not provoke Elijah by any means necessary.
  "Well, yes, you are the guilty one. And Rose aided you because she was loyal to you. That I honour. Where was your loyalty?" The Original vampire inquires, continuing to prolong the chase.
  "I beg for your forgiveness." Trevor professed, finally looking Elijah in the eye as he stood before him.
  "So granted." Elijah spoke. In that moment, I hauled Elena's face away from the scene, knowing exactly what was about to occur, the death Trevor would succumb to. She was too young to see such a horror as vampire decapitation, especially if she realised that was something Stefan or Damon could so easily do to her, or Bonnie, at any time. Rose allows a wail to slip from her lips as anger consumed her, a wave of dangerous vampiric anger. Somewhere deep down, I felt sorry for the woman, sorry that her loyalty had rendered her life down to a constant chase of running away.
  "You-"
  "Don't. Rose. Now that you are free." I warned, stopping her from doing something she would later regret, sacrificing five-hundred years of her life just to get to this moment, to die anyway.
  "Come," Elijah commands, stepping towards Elena with arrogant certainty, however, the child was somewhat smart enough to attempt to negotiate with the world's oldest negotiator.
  "No. What about the moonstone?" she bargains, stepping backwards to attempt to evade Elijah's grasp.
  "What do you know about the moonstone?" Elijah pressed, his interest certainly captured by this revelation.
  "I know that you need it. And I know where it is." the doppelgänger answers. The Original presses her to continue, the act of obtaining the moonstone was less of a how and more of a where. He soon attempts to compel Elena, discarding her necklace as he grabs hold of her face.
  "Let her go. I'll tell you where it is." I command, walking towards Elena as I pull her from the vampire's grasp, pushing her gently behind me.
  "It's in the tomb under Fell's church," I admit, holding Elena in place as her shaky hands grip onto the side of my shirt, evading away from Elijah's stern gaze.
  "What is it doing there?" he challenges, clawing for the answers to his questions with every word, striking fear with every syllable as his tone is dangerously calm.
  "It's with Katerina." I explained, to which he muttered 'interesting' in response. A clatter captures everyone's attention, leading Elijah to turn his attention back to Rose, who denies anyone else in the house. This meant that Stefan and Damon had arrived to free Elena and I, hopefully, if I bargained with Elijah he would spare my brothers for interrupting him. Elijah did owe me a favour or two.

He seizes Elena in his grasp as he moves everyone up the stairs with a shout, dragging us into the main entrance of the house, determined to get both myself and the doppelgänger into some mode of transport. He shoves Elena over to Rose who catches her with ease, leaving me to stand beside him as he assesses me for answers.
  "Vampires. A century maybe older." I confirm, whispering to him so quietly it would sound almost like a dead silence, he nods, approaching towards the middle of the room.
  "Up here," Stefan calls out, causing Elijah to use his abilities to move up the staircase.
  "Down here." Damon taunts, allowing a thin stake to fly out from one of Alaric's contraptions, hitting the Original square in the hand. He plucks it out with an unamused expression, just as I feel a set of arms pull me from my place in the room. Stefan has both Elena and I against the wall, pressing a finger to his lips to silence us.
  "Excuse me. To whom it may concern. You're making a grave mistake if you think that you can beat me. You can't. You hear that? I repeat, you cannot beat me. So I want the girls on the count of three. Or heads will roll. Do we understand each other?" Elijah provokes, the sounds of wood snapping and thundering against the ground suggested that he's found something to harm my brothers with.
  "We'll come with you. Just please don't hurt my brothers. They just wanted to help us." I plead as Elijah comes rushing up the stairs, looking mostly at Elena.
  "What game are you playing?" he inquires, just in time for Elena to pull at something to throw towards him. A vervain grenade. Another one of Alaric's contraptions. She scurries back, though, I don't. Causing Stefan to appear from around the corner, shooting wooden bullets towards Elijah before realising they were having very limited effect. He tackles the Original vampire down the stairs, causing me to follow them in an attempt to halt their fighting. Elijah's quick to his feet, however, Damon charged towards him with a giant wooden pole, skewering Elijah against a wall like a kebab.

Now, I knew you couldn't kill an Original with just any old stake, Elijah had told me so, although I'd have to sell my upset if I was to conceal the secret from them, my family. I wail out, rushing towards Elijah's desiccating body which bewilders my brothers as everyone unites.
  "Elijah, no." I breathe, placing a cold hand against his frozen face, falling to my knees in false defeat.
  "Why the hell are you upset? He kidnapped you!" Damon shouted, clearly unamused by my reaction to Elijah's 'death'. I turn around in an artificial rage, shoving my brother backwards with anger.
  "Elijah was my friend, jackass! I met the man ninety-fucking-years ago after you abandoned me in Lousianna! When they spoke about selling us to Elijah, I knew we'd be safe! And now you've killed him, you've killed every last old friend that I have!" I rant, soon storming out of the old shit-heap that was this decrepit house. Faking my upset and pinning it on Damon was, I admit, a bit too far, a low blow. But I had to do whatever I could to ensure that I'd see him again. To ensure that he'd take me back to see everyone, so we could finally be united again.

Being both a wolf and a witch meant I was strongly rooted in nature, I had no fear of the darkness, the peculiar winding of the vines and shadows. After our argument, after everyone made sure that Elena Gilbert was ok, I made headway for the forests surrounding the rickety coffin in the armpit of civilisation. Mindless feet stumble across the shrubs as my hands trace over the trunks of century-old trees, the power radiating off of every living thing around me aided in my steady recovery. The weakness in my arm soon eased, the bruises fairly minimized compared to what they were when we arrived in that shit-heap with two five-century old vampires. My worries would hopefully soon float away into flamingo-pink pixie dust. Nighttime barreled down upon us quickly, the forest became increasingly less predictable as the night edges on, the period of time I had taken to wander around the forest would optimistically be enough for Elijah to regain consciousness. Switching paths back to the forest opening, I make headway for the dilapidated skeleton of the manor house, returning to Elijah's side.

He's just coming too as I arrive, rushing forwards I help him remove the extensive stake that he had been impaled with.
  "Nice to see you less...colourless," I comment, brushing off his suit as he offers a disgruntled groan, still returning to his feet. We catch each other's eyes before he shines me a rare smile, reaching to embrace one another in a long-awaited hug, one that was ninety years in the making.
  "Your spell worked once again I see," Elijah says, straightening out his suit and tie to guide us both out of the barely intact front door.
  "Pleasantly surprised? Unless you wished to see me dead." I jested, following him down the barren wasteland to a vehicle he must have had abandoned further down the road.
  "I will never wish to see you harmed, Marielle. It is excellent to see you after all this time, nonetheless, we have much planning to do."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

466K 9.8K 34
❝𝗪𝗲 𝗕𝗲𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴❞ ✧ ೃ༄ 𝖶𝗂𝗇𝖾 𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗂𝗇𝖾𝖽 𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗍𝗁 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖻𝗅𝗈𝗈𝖽𝗌𝗁𝗈𝗍 𝖾𝗒𝖾𝗌 𝖳𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗄 𝗐𝖾'𝗋𝖾 𝖻𝗈𝗍𝗁 𝖿𝗎𝖼𝗄𝖾𝖽 𝗎𝗉 𝖺𝗇𝖽...
14.2K 209 17
・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. She fell in love with him when they were together, then fell deeper in love with him in th...
15.4K 767 7
𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐚 𝐧𝐞𝐰𝐛𝐢𝐞 𝐯𝐚𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬. �...
86.3K 2.2K 9
𝐕𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐚 𝐆𝐢𝐥𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐭 𝐏𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐞'𝐝 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥, 𝐧𝐨 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬. 𝐌𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐅𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐬...