The Halls of Westwood [BxB]

By Confused_Bisexual612

Westwood Asylum: A school for fucked up boys Each boy is there for a reason. Everyone has a story, a past, so... More

Introduction
Updated Aesthetics
Updated Charactet Playlists
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Authors Note/ About Me
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Finale
Epilogue
New Book
Bonus: The Wedding
Bonus 2 & 3
Bonus 4: Ti Amo
Bonus 5: Nodin
Bonus 6: Private Wedding Vows
Canons I Couldn't Fit in the Book
Sequel
Publishing?!

Chapter 5

3.5K 140 78
By Confused_Bisexual612

Jullian always hated talking on phones. They made him uncomfortable and he hated not being able to see the other person and how they reacted to what he said. But now he didn't have much of a choice... Since he didn't like a lot of people he didn't talk to more than five people a day including staff.

He exchanged a quick conversation with the nurses every Monday when they refilled his anti-depressants since they only trusted him with enough to last a week. He'd talk to Jayce on the occasion but never more than simple and polite conversation. He'd either sit by himself or with Jayce at lunch too. He spoke to teachers when they asked questions and that about summed it up.

He hadn't bothered making any real friends here. Come to think of it, the only people that really knew him back home were Sarah and Tristan. Everyone else just knew him as an obsessive athlete with a temper. He had friends on the team that he'd discuss sports or school with. He had acquaintances in class that he'd pair up with for group projects. And he had the selected group of people from the synagogue that his parents insisted he hung out with.

He had always been impartial to most things. He was content talking to those people because he neither hated nor liked them. But he was genuinely happy when he was snorkeling with Sarah or listening to her ramble about sea-life for hours. He was happy when he played soccer in the park with Tristan even though he almost always lost. But he refused to find anyone like that in Westwood.

Even with all of the restrictions lifted he felt uncomfortable being around or talking to anyone his parents considered odd. Heck, it was a miracle he even spoke to Jayce due to his parent's mixed and clouded views on people of color. He didn't want any new friends, all he needed was Sarah and Tristan. And even without Tristan, Sarah would do. And that was why there was one hour three days a week he was perfectly happy.

The school had a small room dedicated to cheap payphones. You went up to the woman at the front desk and she scanned your student ID to keep track of how many times you went that week. Three hour-long phone calls a week were given to each boy at the asylum, but not many used them. But Jullian used all three every week. And every one of them went to Sarah.

But today when he walked into the room he was surprised to see his roommate. It sounded as if he was talking to a close friend. Maybe a girlfriend or childhood best friend from the sounds of it. It wasn't the quick and casual talk you shared with friends or the banter siblings had either.

Jullian did his best to ignore the curly-headed boy as he walked across the room and took the usual phone. He dialed the number he had memorized and waited nearly ten seconds before the other end answered.

"Jullian!" Sarah blurted out the moment he answered. "I got Kristy's number"

"You move on so quickly" Jullian lightly teased. A bright smile reached his lips at the sweet blonde girl's excitement. Sarah and Jullian had met as neighbors when he first moved to California at the age of eight. At first, Jullian was reluctant to befriend the annoyingly bright cheerleader. He had assumed she was just like the movies. Girly, squeaky, talkative, mean, and dumb. But his parents had been persistent.

See, she was everything Jullian's parents wanted for him and he was everything Sarah's parents wanted for her. They were both Jewish, both were incredibly bright for their age, and both had the ideal values everyone expected of them. But then Jullian talked to her and realized that she wasn't a dumb cheerleader. She was smart and funny and knew how to put Jullian in his place. She was a peppy, bright, and loving cheerleader in Jullian's life and he wouldn't have traded her for the world.

And then ninth grade rolled around. Jullian and Sarah had been playing chess in Sarah's bedroom. Jullian had stupidly kissed her and she had punched him straight in the jaw. And that was the day Jullian discovered she was a Lesbian and that he didn't care. That was also the day Jullian became her beard boyfriend. The two would share chaste kisses in public, hold hands and hug around others. But the moment they were alone they returned to their sibling-like relationship. It was perfect.

"Shut up. She's hot and you know it" Sarah scoffed. "Tell me about the asylum. It feels like every day I'm talking your ear off about home but you haven't said a thing about Westwood..."

"It's fine I guess" Jullian sighed. "I'm content"

"You're always content. What about friends? Or a girlfriend or boyfriend or partner?" Sarah begged. "Come on, Jules. As your girlfriend, I need to know this crap" Jullian bit back a laugh. Sarah always played the girlfriend card when she was mad at him. Whether he stole the last piece of cake or beat her in a game of soccer her rules were; She was the girlfriend, she was always right.

"No, no, no and no" Jullian chuckled. "I guess I'm kind of friends with my roommate but that's it..." Jullian hesitated as he thought over exactly what Sarah had said before scowling. "And why the hell did you ask if I had a boyfriend or partner?" He demanded.

"Well you never specified what you liked and you're very private about your sex life" Sarah scoffed as if she was offended. Jullian rolled his eyes. Everyone assumed that Jullian was the more sexually active one of the two. They were all wrong. Jullian had a few hookups, sure but Sarah was the one who overshared every detail of hers. She had begged Jullian for more details than just a name but he always shut her down. "And I know something was going on between you and Luca Fernández"

Jullian's mouth went dry and he stared at the plain white wall in amazement. "How did you-?" He paused as he pictured that gorgeous foreign exchange student. His bronze skin, messy black curls falling over his sweat-covered forehead, moans escaping the boy's lips as he threw his head back in pleasure. Luca was from Spain and had joined the soccer team... Jullian had sucked him off in the locker room showers after he stayed late to help him catch up. "Tristan told you" Jullian finally came to a realization and groaned as Sarah broke into laughter.

"It was on accident" She promised. "We were trying to find someone to set you up with and took all of your past hookups into consideration... I guess he thought I knew but I can't believe you never told me"

"Because it didn't mean anything" Jullian protested. That was the truth. Luca and Jullian barely spoke after. Well, besides a heated makeout session in a bathroom stall and a handjob after practice in the locker room. But they never talked unless it was about soccer. They had nothing in common outside of physical attraction and Luca had ended up moving back to Spain at the end of the year.

"And Kathy Michels did?" Sarah scoffed.

"Shut up" Jullian groaned as he lightly hit his head against the wall to try and replace his embarrassment with physical pain.

"Hey, on the plus side Tristan and I found out what your type is" Sarah teased.

"And that is?"

"Anyone who would disappoint your parents," Jullian thought back to everyone he had been with. Luca with his foreign accent and boyish features. Kathy with her long black hair and tight skimpy dress. Olive with her alternative style and Pagan beliefs... It checked out. "Hey, I've got to get to cheer practice... I'll call you Thursday, alright?"

"Yeah... Alright," Jullian felt a wave of disappointment wash over him. He missed Sarah. He missed being dragged to the beach to clean up trash. He missed listening to her curse him out as she struggled to fit in his clothes after she had gotten her own clothing stained or soaked. He missed coming home in a bad mood only to find that she had made him pie. He missed laying in bed with her for hours watching movies and eating M&M's when she got her period. He missed just being home.

"And make some friends, dumbass. I love you" She snapped.

"Love you too, Sarah. Take care, alright?"

"Yeah, yeah"

In the cafeteria, Aiden was half-heartedly reading over his Economics textbook. He missed Beau... The boy had obviously been avoiding him ever since the stupid kiss. Aiden felt stupid for even asking to kiss him in the first place. He of all people knew what it was like to be terrified of intimate moments. What if he had made Beau uncomfortable? He knew that feeling better than anyone. He should have known better...

He groaned and pulled back the thin rubber band around his wrist back before snapping it against his skin. Aiden had learned about a million alternatives to self-harm in the numerous mental hospitals he'd been in. At the time he never bothered to try them outside of the hospitals. And even then it was only to convince the nurses he was better so that he could leave. But now that he was trying to get better, the rubber band was the only thing that seemed to do the trick.

Still, he missed being high. He missed not having to feel dirty every time he thought about Sebastian. He missed feeling as though he had no problems and that he could just laugh along with his friends. When he was high or drunk the length of his hair or what he wore or who he was around didn't bother him. But now that he was completely sober, having his hair even fall past his ears made him uneasy. Wearing necklaces made him want to throw up. In fact, he threw up in his and Austin's bathroom last night when he had tried to wear a Nirvana t-shirt... The same t-shirt he had worn on one of his and Sebastian's many encounters.

Those things didn't bother him when he wasn't sober. And it definitely didn't help that any progress he had made with Austin was gone. The day after he had kissed Beau, the sarcastic and narcissistic bitch Aiden had met his first week in Westwood had returned. He had thought that they were making progress and maybe even becoming friends. But he was obviously mistaken considering Austin had lost any sympathy he had expressed for Aiden's situation with Beau.

Aiden jumped as somebody sat across from him and his eyes darted to meet an unfamiliar boy. He wasn't sure he recognized him. He was pale and had a well-structured face. He had messy brown hair and pretty hazel eyes. He reminded Aiden of every other high school quarterback in every terrible Disney-channel high school drama. In a high school drama, he would be here to harass the weird alt Indigenous kid. But this wasn't a tv-show, so Aiden forced himself to relax.

"Can I help you?" Aiden sighed as he nervously twisted the band around his wrist, cutting off his circulation. On the plus side, the nurses had given Aiden a variety of medications to help soothe everything from his PTSD to his depression and occasionally they'd prescribe him something to help deal with his addictions. Of course, they rarely worked so his medication was switched up far too often and he was woken up far too early.

Since he was there for addiction, he wasn't allowed to have more than a day worth of meds. They didn't trust him to do it weekly like everyone else. They didn't trust him to not try and overdose again... But to be fair the overdosing was an accident done in the middle of a mental breakdown. If he wanted to kill himself this time, he'd be a lot more creative than taking a few pills and hoping for the best.

"Um... Yes?" The boy awkwardly mumbled. This was what intrigued Aiden. The boy let out a loud sigh and finally relaxed. "Okay, look. So my friend thinks I need to be more social here... And... Well... You're Austin's roommate, right?"

"Sadly" Aiden lightly joked receiving a smile from the boy.

"Right... He asked me to tutor him in math a while ago and I was hoping you'd tell me where he is?" Aiden glanced down at the boy's fingers as they anxiously drummed on the table. He gave the boy a reassuring smile.

"Austin went out for the weekend with Markos Ariti and Beau Martin. I think Markos took them out shopping" Aiden briefly explained. He felt a pang of jealousy but he knew why he wasn't invited. Beau didn't want to talk to him and if there was one thing Aiden knew about Markos it was that he was very fond of the boy. He would cause a huge scene if Beau even let a tear slip... Beau was lucky to have friends like that but there was no way Aiden was going to interact with Markos when he obviously didn't like him. Markos suffered from what Aiden called 'spoiled rich kid syndrome' and would gladly make Aiden's life hell if he pissed him off enough.

"Great... Just my luck" the boy huffed before digging into his bag and handing Aiden a black and white journal. "Would you give this to him? It's my notes, just tell him to have them back by class on Monday"

"Yeah, no problem" Aiden shrugged. The boy got up to leave but Aiden quickly cut in. "You can stay if you want... If you really want more friends I think we'd get along fine" Aiden was used to putting himself out there. He was used to being the center of attention and the talk of the school so he didn't mind reaching out to the boy. The boy hesitated before sitting back down and a pearl-white smile reached Aiden's lips. "I'm Aiden"

"Jullian"

_________________________________________

Jayce hesitantly glanced around the food court before his eyes landed on a pretty dark-skinned girl. The world seemed to move by her as if she didn't even exist. Everyone was so caught up in their own lives they didn't notice her. But those who did would pause to stare. Jayce had always insisted that everyone was admiring her but she believed they were judging.

Jayce smiled and rushed over, lightly brushing her shoulder with the tips of his fingers to let her know he was there. A bright smile reached her lips and she waved Jayce over to sit across from her where a lemonade was already waiting.

"I thought you might like it" Sasha's voice was slightly muffled and hesitant making it difficult to hear her. But she quickly signed with her hands as well. Jayce smiled and quickly signed a quick Thank you back.

Jayce had met Sasha at one of the schools he went to in Tacoma. Sasha had been the shy girl in the back of the class. The only thing that brought attention to her was her pretty smile and the interpreter that followed her from class to class. Jayce knew he was in love the moment he saw one of her oil paintings. And that was the day he went to the library and taught himself ASL. Of course, he was absolute garbage at it. He knew Sasha could read lips, but he wanted to make their conversations meaningful. He wanted to show that he could put in the effort to win her affections. And she had gladly helped perfect his sign language.

The two had dated through their Sophomore year up until Jayce had to move. But they still remained close friends and called one another often. He was surprised to get a letter from her with a number and he had happily called her. He had spoken with her sister who would interpret everything for Sasha and had made plans to meet here. And since it was a weekend, Jayce was free from the asylum as long as he was back before six.

"I've missed you. How have you been?" Sasha asked.

"Alright" Jayce smiled before taking a drink from the lemonade. "And you?"

"School's been the same" Sasha shrugged. "I got a scholarship to CSU"

"Congratulations, I'm really proud of you" Jayce's heart swelled to see her doing so well. He knew he'd always love Sasha, even if it was strictly plutonic now. She was his first everything. His first kiss, his first time, his first I love you. Heck, he even spent his first happy Thanksgiving with her and her family since he was eight. And their family had gladly let his sister join them. For the longest time, Jayce was convinced that he and Sasha were soulmates that would find one another in the end. But now he knew that they were good as friends.

So the two talked about their lives for the next hour or so. They'd talk about their friends, their schoolwork, their hobbies... The one thing Jayce always loved about Sasha was how ambitious she was. She always knew where she was going in life. She always had a plan and a future waiting for her. She taught Jayce the importance of stability and he loved her for it.

Sasha was an artist that specialized in oil paintings. She always told Jayce that her paintings represented how she interacted with the world. She had gone completely deaf at the age of six and could remember a few sounds but had to learn a new way of living. She had always been very adamant about proving that she was more than her disability and she had proved it a million times over. She had once painted an abstract version of Jayce in shades of pink and beige. She reasoned that she imagined that Jayce sounded pink, whatever that meant. And Jayce had loved that painting more than life itself.

Jayce was happy to learn that Sasha had found a boyfriend and was looking to move in with him during college. She had a scholarship for her art and wanted to own her own studio someday. Jayce was simply thrilled to know she was happy and living up to her full potential.

"I was sorry to hear about what happened" Sasha suddenly mumbled. Sorrow laced her voice and Jayce forced a reassuring smile.

"I'm okay, I promise" He mumbled back, being sure to sign as well due to the lack of movement in his lips. He took a moment to admire Sasha. Her hair was pulled into professionally done braids colored a shade of dark blue. She had round chocolate-brown eyes and ebony skin. She always wore overalls when she painted, but today she was wearing a white sweater that had a pink stain on her sleeve from paint.

"I know... I just worry" Sasha soothed. "I never thought you of all people would be arrested... What were you thinking?"

"I was thinking that my sister had a bad reaction to her medication and needed to see a doctor" Jayce deadpanned. He and his sister had been moved from foster home to foster home since he was four and Mikayla was a newborn baby. His dad had been in the navy and had planned on retiring when he met his mother. But then 9/11 happened and he was out for revenge. So he made a lifelong career out of it. In 2007 Mikayla was born and their father died from a bullet wound three days before Christmas. Jayce's mother couldn't take it anymore and sent them away.

Jayce had done his best to be a good brother and parental figure all at once. He had done everything to be sure Mikayla had nice clothes to wear, a good breakfast every morning, and good grades. But then at the age of thirteen, much earlier than average, Mikayla was diagnosed as a schizophrenic. The bad foster homes would withhold medication from her as punishment and such. This just happened to be one of the households. When she finally got it back, it was the wrong medication. So when his sister nearly fainted he did the only thing he could think of to get her to the hospital; he stole his foster family's car. And obviously 'black teen steals car' was the only thing anyone comprehended from the incident.

Sasha went to speak up when a familiar voice that had haunted Jayce throughout his time at Westwood interrupted. Jayce's expression fell as he sent a glare at the glamorous boy. He wore a black and white vertically striped button-up that was loose and baggy around his chest. The ends were tucked into his black pants and a nice custom David Yurman belt tied it all together. Silver and diamond rings, each probably worth enough to pay for all of Jayce's future college textbooks plus extra, lay across the boy's fingers. There was obviously makeup under his electrifying green eyes to give off a baggy effect and his messy brown curls fell nicely framing his face.

"Hey, Williams" Markos smiled as he traced his finger along the back of Jayce's chair. "I didn't expect to see you of all people here"

"Is he your friend?" Sasha asked. Jayce rolled his eyes.

No, he's just an asshole that likes to torment me

Jayce signed back. A bright smile reached Markos's lips as his eyes landed on the pretty girl. He set down any bags in his hand and quickly grabbed Sasha by the hand, placing a charming kiss on top of it. Jayce rolled his eyes and tried to ignore the annoyance fuming inside of him.

"It's times like this I regret taking Latin over ASL" Markos chuckled. "It is lovely to meet you, darling. I'm Markos"

"Sasha" The blue-haired girl giggled as Markos let go of her hand. Jayce wasn't surprised that Sasha was captivated by his charms. Sasha was an artist and even Jayce couldn't deny that Markos walked around as if he had just walked straight out of a land of the fae... Not to mention he had the body of a Greek god.

"Why are you here?" Jayce snapped as he sent a cold glare toward the curly-haired boy.

"The little deer that I room with... Beau" Markos announced the boy's name as if it had slipped his mind for a moment. "I love him to death, but his choice of clothing makes me want to throw myself off of a bridge. So I am here to spoil him rotten and piss off my lovely mother by spending as much money as possible..." Markos trailed off as he glanced down at a Louis Vuitton bag on the ground. "That reminds me, would you like a new watch? I couldn't decide and bought seven-"

"Jesus Christ" Jayce scowled. "When are you going to grow up? Your parents sent you to a boarding school. Get over it"

"You don't know shit" Markos scoffed. "I was trying to be nice to you but I guess I'm done here..." He picked up his bags before casting a charming smile and Sasha's direction. "Til next time, darling" Jayce rolled his eyes trying to suppress the anger Markos's dramatic personality brought out in him. He watched the boy begin to leave before he suddenly glanced over his shoulder. "By the way, Jayce. Your jealousy is showing"

"I'm not jealous of you" Jayce protested. Markos only laughed and went to join the white-haired twink and terrified farm boy in a nearby store. He glanced over at Sasha who was smiling.

"I like him"

"Of course you do"

Question of the chapter: Which character has the best style?

For those of you who don't follow me on TikTok here are some boards with their general style!

Austin Blake

Aiden Coldwater

Beau Martin

Jayce Williams

Jullian Sanders

Markos Ariti

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

337K 10.1K 12
Donnie, the sought after jock who had it all, and Derek, the alluring bad boy who seemed to be going nowhere fast. An unlikely, and, well, unfriendly...
2.1M 33.9K 19
Finn had finally done it. He had saved enough money to attend the town's all-boys school. After years of bullying from the public school, he was ecst...
2.8K 83 11
The House | An MxM Love Story ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • ° • Three bedrooms, three roommates, one pool. That's what Liam thought h...
253K 10.4K 20
[COMPLETED] Aiden searched high and low for Fox, his best friend from the institution four years ago. After the incident that nearly took their life...