Raising Peter (Sequel to Oppo...

By LoveMarvel

After getting married, Steve and Tony wonder what it would be like to start their own family. When the opport... More

A Meeting Interrupted
Baby Peter
A Not-so-Happy Ending
Taking a Chance
Webs?
And Back to the Mansion
Peter's Room
On the Walls
A 'Somewhat' Cure
Vacation
A Typical Morning
Science
The Most Unproductive Afternoon Ever
What Just Happened...
Let's Talk About Pills
news on update & AOU!!
A Day Off
author's note (new stony fanfic!)
After Ultron
Who's Birthday?
Back to Normal
Lie After Lie
And yet, More Lies
author's note.. good &bad.. ?
Not Drugs !
Confidentiality
Optimistic Thinking
Now: Miley Cyrus
A New Hero
Kids at School Suck
Back to the Shack
Fast Action
Post Fast Action
Finally Finished
Christmas Special (pt. 1)
Christmas Special (pt. 2)
Suspicion
High
Midnight
Wade Finds Out
Anxious Contentment
Leaving Hickeys
Upturned Lies
Rooftop Conflict (Pt. 1)
Rooftop Conflict (Pt. 2)
Spider-Man, No More
Back To "Normal" Living
Persuasion
Wade... Deadpool
Sick
Still Sick

Friday to Saturday Morning

10.2K 434 113
By LoveMarvel

“So,” Peter was startled as Wade suddenly appeared out of nowhere up against the locker next to his. He looked up as he finished taking his books from his locker and turned to Wade. “I was just going to ask, when do you think we should start working on this science thing?” Wade finished what he was going to say as he got Peter’s attention. Peter shut his locker and thought of a reply, remembering they agreed on his house. “Would tomorrow work? I mean, I know it’s sudden so if you’re busy...” he asked, knowing of course he wasn’t going to have any plans- like he ever did- unless his parents planned something, but they would’ve told him ahead of time. Wade thought for a few moments before nodding, “Yeah, I’m free. Just one thing, I’ve got no idea where you live, Petey.” Peter rolled his eyes and sighed a breath of annoyance, “It’s Peter.” he mumbled as they walked outside, finishing their day of school before the weekend. Wade just laughed, “Well, I’ll still need directions. Where is it?” Peter didn’t want to give Wade directions right then, not wanting Wade to figure out in school where he lived. “I could text you the directions. I just need your number.”

Wade and Peter exchanged numbers as Wade saw that his ride was here. “Well, I gotta’ go, but I’ll see you tomorrow. Don’t forget, text me directions.” Wade gave him a nod followed by a wink and started walking the opposite direction that Peter was headed in. He waited, watching for an old dark-green mustang to pull up, glad that Steve was picking him up, rather than Tony, who would’ve pulled up with one of his favorite rich cars and everyone would see who his parents were. The kids at school knew about the whole story of how the famous super-couple had adopted a child, they just all assumed he was home-schooled. Not to mention, none of them knew the age of the child so it always worked out for Peter as keeping everything hidden. There were often awkward times where his parents would be brought up during class discussions and then some kid of the class would bring up the child nobody ever heard about. From there on, everyone would go around, trying to guess what age their kid really was or if he really was home-schooled or walking among them or in a different school.

Peter watched as he saw the familiar car pull up near the curb. He was so thankful that at least one of his parents understood that he wanted these things kept a secret. He looked around at others mingling or leaving school as he walked over to the car. He opened the car door and slid off his backpack, setting it on the car floor as he got in and sat down, closing the door behind him. He saw his dad take off his sunglasses as they started to drive away. Peter buckled his seatbelt, “How was school today?” his dad asked. “Good.” Peter replied, watching the road in front of them. “Oh,” Peter added, “by the way, Wade is coming over tomorrow so we can work on our science project.” Steve looked at him and back at the road, “Peter, I don’t know if that’s going to work, your father and I were just called in on a weekend undercover mission in Ecuador.” Peter sighed, “Dad, we’ll be fine. Really, I mean, we aren’t going to be the only ones there, remember.”

“Bruce and Darc’ aren’t going to be there either, and Natasha and Sam are coming with us. If he comes, it’s only going to be you, him, Thor, Jane, and Clint.” Steve glanced back at Peter, who gave his dad the, I’m-obviously-old-enough-to-handle-myself look, “Yes, we’ll be fine.” he repeated as he wondered how Clint would feel about not being on a mission with Natasha. His dad stopped as they hit a red light, “Does Wade know? Did you tell him about us?” Peter had almost forgotten about that part and groaned, being his overly dramatic self, “No… I have to text him directions though. He’ll know then.” he paused, thinking twice about having the project at the mansion, “I don’t know if he’ll tell anyone or not. I will make him keep it a secret.”

--

Hey Wade - it’s Peter

my address is 890 Fifth Avenue, Manhattan, and of course- New York City

Peter texted his address to Wade later that evening after they finished supper. He had gotten all the supplies to start their 3D representation of an animal cell. He had everything organized near his desk. It was probably the most organized place in his room.

Petey I don’t think that’s the right address buddy.. lol that’s the avengers mansion I looked it up on my phone...

Peter looked at his phone as he read Wade’s reply to his previous message. Peter thought about it one more time, debating if he really wanted to let Wade Wilson in on being the son of Tony Stark and Steve Rogers. “Whatever, screw it.” Peter shook his head and started texting Wade back,

No.. that’s right…

--

*next morning*

Peter’s parents and the others had already left for their mission earlier that morning. As for Peter, he had woken up soon after and they left him a note, saying they had leftovers for lunch and to be safe and not do anything stupid, and by the looks of it, Peter could obviously tell Steve had written it and he just imagined his other dad rolling his eyes at his over-protective husband. While he made his way around the kitchen island, he glanced at the time on the stove. Wade was coming later. Wade hadn’t believed Peter when Peter gave him the directions so Peter was going to meet him outside by the front gates of the mansion and tell Jarvis to unlock them when Peter gave the ‘ok’.

He opened the fridge and reached for the milk jug. At the same time, he opened the kitchen cupboard to the right, above the sink near the fridge and grabbed a glass. He closed the fridge with a nudge of his shoulder and set the cup on the counter so he could pour himself some milk. He finished pouring the milk and put it back in the fridge. Suddenly, the alarm went off, signaling there was something urgent that needed to be addressed for the Avengers. Peter ignored the alarm, used to the beeping by now. He heard distant voices of Clint and Thor running to the meeting room. Peter sighed and just continued as if it was a normal morning. Well, technically for him, this was quite normal while living in a mansion full of superheroes who are on call daily. He sat down on the bar stool and leaned his elbows over the kitchen island. Then he thought, now that there was another mission that popped up urgently and is in need of an Avenger (or AvengerS), would this mean Peter would be alone with Wade for the day- besides Jarvis of course, who Peter was almost positive Steve made sure to have Jarvis keep a constant location on him at all times. He felt that if this was now true, it would be easier on Wade and Wade wouldn’t be so excited about where he was.

Jane arrived in the kitchen, slightly out of breath from running down the mansion halls, “Hey… Peter,” she caught her breath, “I know you’re 16 so I’m not going to make a big deal about this, but Thor and Clint were just called in on a different mission and they need someone to fly the jet.” Peter had assumed this was going to happen and nodded, knowing that Jane was also going to be leaving, which made his thought of being home alone with Wade a fact. “So, I’m sure your parents will understand and hey, you’re a good kid. Just don’t leave or do anything that will give your fathers a heart attack while we’re gone, okay?” Peter nodded again and Jane smiled quickly, “Okay well, I have to go, along with the others. I’m not sure when we’ll be back, but just don’t burn the place down.” Jane gave him a wink and then turned around, running back down the hall and Peter laughed to himself as she disappeared.

The rest of his morning carried on normally, as his usual weekends, after the others left, leaving the mansion quiet and boring. Though, as normal as his morning was, one thing remained different, but Peter didn’t realize nor receive the slightest effect from it (yet)- he had completely forgotten to take his pill, and that was the one thing Steve forgot to write down on the note.

As the morning drew later, Peter saw that Wade would be arriving very soon as it was and he decided to wait by the front gates of the mansion. “Jarvis, I’m going to go outside and wait for Wade now.” Peter spoke to the AI and started heading towards the front doors of the building. “Of course, Mr. Peter, but please do not do anything of the unnecessary, or I shall refrain from letting Mr. Wilson in.” Jarvis replied plainly. Peter rolled his eyes and nodded to himself, “Yes Jarvis, I know.” Did everything have to become his babysitter? He arrived at the front door of the mansion and put on his sweatshirt. His parents never usually let him out of the mansion, not wanting him to get hurt. There were so many dangers of being the child of two of some of the worlds greatest superheroes. So many people could do something to Peter, such as kidnap him or torture him, just to get the attention of Captain America or Iron Man. For these reasons, if he ever did go out, he would go with Darcy or Jane, or if one of his parents were going undercover, he would tag along. Sometimes going out by himself was also a possibility, he would leave the mansion through the back and since he’d be alone, nobody would ever suspect a random teen like him of being the superheroes’ child. Although he lived a difficult life, it was a good one.

He slid on his shoes and pulled his hood over. It was just from the front door to the gates, but he was still worried someone, other than Wade, would spot him. His parents didn’t care the same way Peter cared when it came to not being known. They want him supremely protected, but don’t really care if people knew that Peter Parker, was actually Peter Rogers-Stark. Peter on the other hand, was annoyed with all the protection but understood it, and was extremely fond of the Peter Parker in public idea. He wanted to keep hidden while his parents just wanted to keep him safe. As he opened the door he looked at the front gates and was surprised when he saw Wade already casually waiting. He was leaning up against the gates that were sealed shut.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.1K 394 11
*BOOK TWO* Five years, and a whole lot of problems later, the avengers finally get a well deserved vacation. But, of course, since they're the avenge...
10.5K 260 32
Peter Parker, an innocent child awkwardly gets tossed into the already hectic lives of the Avengers as the adopted son of Tony Stark and Steve Rogers...
57.2K 1.7K 18
When Tony gets seriously injured on a mission, Steve realises he has feelings for him. Will they be able to make it work?
552K 23.2K 24
βˆ†βˆ†βˆ† "You're going to have to take these pills now." "Why do I have to take this again?" He wondered, his young mind having a hard time processing all...