Sweet Tooth [Ushijima x Reade...

By kawakissy

What happens when you are the only who knows that the world-famous, strict, stoic Ushijima Wakatoshi has a we... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72: The Finale
73: Epilogue
Special Bonus Chapter: The Beach
Bonus Chapter: Wedding

13

21.7K 788 817
By kawakissy

I cannot believe my dumbass heart feels confused about some guy who I just met 4 days ago. I am so used to it—the ones I like never like me back. I shall always be unlucky in terms of love. I got it that my standards often time was high, but I couldn't imagine myself falling for someone world-star sportsman.

Just because I know his little secret of him liking desserts? What is so big deal about it? Why do I push myself to be kind to people who are just going to be temporary in my life? I will follow Ryan's advice. I will be kind to my heart and stop falling for people who I barely know.

I haven't been in love since I broke up with my ex 5 years ago. I was never good enough or just too kind and plain. I had interests but never was interesting. Why do I need to fall for Ushijima Wakatoshi? I barely knew him. He barely knew me. Even if he did, he would wish if he didn't. 

As all these thoughts ran through my head. I walked slowly towards my cab. After a few minutes, I was home. I stumbled and walked towards the door. I push the keys and lazily open the door. Exhausted.

I quickly change into my pyjamas and sit on the couch. As I tried to relax and shut my eyes....

My phone rang.

xxxxx

Somewhere in the city....

Ryan walked and started his work. He looked at Will.

Someone tall came to the door.

"Hi, am looking for y/n?" He said.

"Ushijima Wakatoshi?" Ryan exclaimed.

"What brings you here?" Ryan asked. Ushijima narrowed his eyes.

"I am here looking for y/n. Is she working here today?" Ushijima asked.

"No, she is not," Ryan answered, straight forward.

"Oh, I thought she was with you today?" Ushijima replied.

"She was. She left early. Our date was ....shortlived," Ryan explained.

"Date?" Ushijima asked.

"Yeah, she doesn't like me that way, I guess..." Ryan's eyes ran through Ushijima.

Ushijima nodded as if he understood what Ryan meant.

"Why are you looking for her?" Ryan asked suspiciously.

"Nothing in particular. My teammates wanted to buy some desserts before our flight at midnight this Saturday night. Since she knows Japanese, I thought-" Ushijima tried to explain, but Ryan interrupted.

"Yeah, I know..." Ryan spoke.

"I would like to contact her if possible. Maybe.." Ushijima tried to explain.

"You may not," Ryan spoke. It irked Ushijima for some reason.

"You speak English fine... you can tell me instead or Boss if Japanese is really what you want," Ryan spoke.

"I am sure I do. But, I prefer Japanese for recipe instructions. I am aware your Boss is not familiar with the kitchen here. He just manages the store, so I guess y/n is the only fit for our orders." Ushijima rationalised.

"I see. Y/n told you that?" Ryan asked,

Ushijima nodded.

"Well, you gotta find another bakery for that then. Y/n won't be able to help you." Ryan informed, a little arrogantly.

"why is that?" Ushijima asked, stoic as ever.

"She is sick. She was running a high fever today. She will be home and resting." Ryan informed. Ushijima's eyes widened. His eyes drifted from Ryan's face.

"Okay, thank you for informing me. I wish to text my order details simply. May I have her number?" Ushijima asked. Ryan felt uncomfortable.

"I am not sure about that man," Ryan spoke.

"I'll delete it before I leave for Japan," Ushijima replied.

"Whatever, man. You can have it. Y/n is not like that, and she is really kind. I think she won't mind. You don't seem creepy either. I guess I'll give it. If she asks you to delete it, maybe then do it...." Ryan spoke as he wrote y/n's number.

Ryan slips the paper.

"Maybe just don't bother her if you have gotten the number...." Ryan warned.

"You have my word." Ushijima agreed.

"Thank you," Ushijima spoke, stoic as ever.

As Ushijima was about to leave... Ryan spoke loudly.

"By the way..." Ryan said.

Ushijima turned unemotionally.

"Today's been weird for all of us. But I am sorry for your loss today," Ryan spoke, hoping to irk Ushijima.

"Thank you! I appreciate it...." Ushijima replied.... "I am sorry for yours too."

With that, he left the store, leaving Ryan annoyed.

xxxxx

"Hello," I spoke.

"Hi. It's me, Ushijima..."

Although I was sitting, I felt the ground was swept off my feet.

"h..hi...Ush...Ushijima," I whimper.

There was silence for a few seconds.

"Are you okay?" He asked calmly. His voice was heavier and manlier than ever.

This man brought nothing but confusion in my days. How did he get my number? How did he know I was not okay? Was he referring to my health, or did he actually saw through my emotions and feelings?

A million thoughts came into my mind, but the only thing I could say was....

"I am...okay.." My voice weakened

"You are sick." He spoke.

I tried to speak, but no words came out.

"Look outside your window..." He says.

I slouch my way through the couch. I dragged my upper body and looked at the window.

He was standing, with an umbrella, with a grocery store bag in that same hand, while the other hand holding his phone.

My eyes widened.

"I am outside...." He informed. Indeed he was...

"Are you able to walk?" He asked.

I was confused, but I stood up, and my body collapsed on the couch. I was really running a high fever.

"No.." I softly say.

"Okay, what is your apartment number?" He asked. My brain was all fuzzy. I wanted to ask him questions, but I was weak. All I could do was trust him.

"138," I say.

"Ok, I have some medicines and food. May I come in?" He asks over the phone.

As the snow felt, in the midst of fast winds. There he was standing... His black coat contrasting the white snowy road.

Looking up, watching me across the street. 

I nod to his question from the window. 

You may...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

391K 9.8K 30
Here you are!! (L/N) (Y/N)... well what can be said, you're the typical girl, like any other girl...ok maybe not! you may look normal on the outside...
1M 40.6K 93
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...
547K 8.5K 85
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
149K 4.9K 18
"You're not my girlfriend." He whispered, narrowing his eyes. A piece of her feeling hurt, but not letting it get to her. She knew he had to know how...