Reincarnation of the business...

By straight_10

She was once a puppet to her family, a commercial spy and assassin pursued by the police. One day, she falls... More

Chapter 1: Jump into the Sea
Chapter 2: A Reborn Female Student
Chapter 3: Revealed Expectational Function
Chapter 4: The Doctor with A Gun
Chapter 5: Save People, A Check for ¥500,000
Chapter 6: A Visit
Chapter 7: Go Outside
Chapter 8: A Drama at the Jewelry Store
Chapter 9: The Antique Market.
Chapter 10: Pick Up by Accident
Chapter 11: First Bucket of Money
Chapter 12: Gu Qing's Family
Chapter 13 - Shameless People
Chapter 14: Yu Mixi
Chapter 15: Do You Have A Crush on Me?
Chapter 16 - Chapter 20
Chapter 21 - Chapter 25
Chapter 26 - Chapter 30
Chapter 31 - Chapter 35
Chapter 36 - Chapter 40
Chapter 41 - Chapter 50
Chapter 51 - Chapter 60
Chapter 61 - Chapter 70
Chapter 71 - Chapter 80
Chapter 81 - Chapter 90
Chapter 91 - Chapter 100
Chapter 101 - Chapter 115
Chapter 116 - Chapter 130
Chapter 131 - Chapter 150
Chapter 151 - Chapter 170
Chapter 171 - Chapter 200
Chapter 201 - Chapter 230
Chapter 231 - Chapter 260
Chapter 261 - Chapter 300
Chapter 344 - Chapter 380
Chapter 381 - Chapter 400
Chapter 401 - Chapter 450
Chapter 451 - Chapter 500
Chapter 501 - Chapter 550
611 - 660
661 - 710
711-760
761-810
811-860
861-910
911-960
961 - 1010
1011 - 1060
1061 - 1110
1111 - 1160
1161 - 1210
1211 - 1260
1261 - 1310
1311 - 1360
1361 - 1410
1411 - 1460

Chapter 551 - Chapter 610

591 16 0
By straight_10

Chapter 551 Getting Closer

“Of course it looks cool! It’s the limited edition! I think there are only five of that model in our country.”

“Wow, the owner of the car must be super-rich and powerful.”

“Exactly! My cousin wanted to buy one, but failed.”

Gu Ning called Leng Shaoting when she stopped the car, and Leng Shaoting walked out soon. When he saw Gu Ning driving here by herself, he was surprised. “Do you have a driver’s license?”

“Sure,” Gu Ning said with pride. “I passed the driving test when I came here after the New Year Festival.”

Leng Shaoting was impressed but not astonished, because he knew that Gu Ning was a skilled driver.

“Where are we going?” Leng Shaoting got in the car.

“Fengshang Shopping Mall,” Gu Ning said.

The hotel wasn’t far from Fengshang Shopping Mall and they arrived within 10 minutes.

When they entered the underground parking lot, Gu Ning stopped the car and was about to get out but Leng Shaoting pulled her back. “What?” Gu Ning looked to him with confusion.

“Stay here for a while. I need to tell you something,” Leng Shaoting said with a serious look.

Seeing Leng Shaoting being serious, Gu Ning thought that it must be something important. “What is it?”

Leng Shaoting approached her and Gu Ning thought that it must be a secret so he needed to be close to her. Unexpectedly, Leng Shaoting kissed her the next second. Gu Ning wouldn’t be alert when she was with Leng Shaoting, so Leng Shaoting always had a chance to kiss her. Gu Ning was struck dumb for a second then soon realized that Leng Shaoting just played a romantic trick in order to kiss her.

The two were getting closer to each other.

Leng Shaoting kissed Gu Ning for a short while before he sat back in his seat because they were still in a public place.

“You…” Gu Ning was a little annoyed, but she had to admit that she loved this feeling.

“I always lose control of myself when you’re by my side,” Leng Shaoting said, staring at Gu Ning with a burning desire in his eyes.

Gu Ning flushed, then opened the car door getting out without delay.

Leng Shaoting was amused then left the car too. He walked to Gu Ning’s side, holding her hand, walking together to the shopping mall.

The moment they appeared in the shopping mall, many people were attracted to this stunning couple. Most of them were women who couldn’t help but stare at Leng Shaoting. It wasn’t uncommon to see beautiful women in a high-end shopping mall, but it was rare to see a handsome man, especially an extremely handsome young man.

“What a shame! He already has a girlfriend.”

“Well, stop dreaming. Such an extremely handsome young man can’t be single.”

“I hate his girlfriend.”

“Ha-ha.”

“If he entered the entertainment industry, I bet that he’d be a household name.”

“I think that he could be an heir of a super-rich family, and doesn’t care about fame.”

“You’re right. A rich second-generation heir is from a much higher social status than a star.”

Although a star was in the limelight all the time, many people from rich or powerful families despised the job.

Noticing many women paying a lot of attention to Leng Shaoting, Gu Ning felt a little uncomfortable.

Leng Shaoting held her hand tightly in his palm and joked, “Should I wear a mask so that they can’t see my face?”

“Ha-ha.” Gu Ning was amused. “Well, I think that it’s better if you don’t leave the house and stay by my side all the time.”

“No problem.” Leng Shaoting smiled. “I’ll eat and sleep all day in the house, and I won’t go anywhere but stay by your side.”

He thought that it wasn’t a bad idea to dine and sleep with Gu Ning all day long. However, Gu Ning didn’t understand the special meaning of what Leng Shaoting had said. “What if you gain too much weight?”

Leng Shaoting laughed and his husky voice sound very sexy. “Don’t worry. I can exercise more every night.”

Gu Ning flushed again. “You’re a bad man!” Saying that, she wanted to draw her hand from Leng Shaoting’s palm, but her hand was held tightly by him. “Ha-ha, I’ll never let you leave my side.”

They were quite close to each other now, and neither of them was willing to leave the other.

Before long, Gu Ning and Leng Shaoting arrived at Charm store. However, there weren’t many customers shopping inside.

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
Once Gu Ning and Leng Shaoting walked in, a saleswoman, Xiao Lin welcomed them. “It’s so nice to meet you, Miss Gu!”

Xiao Lin knew that Gu Ning was their new boss now. However, when she noticed Leng Shaoting, her eyes lit up and she was stunned by his outstanding appearance. Xiao Lin also understood that this extremely handsome man could be her new boss’s boyfriend, so she soon drew her look back.

Gu Ning noticed her reaction but didn’t mind. “Where is Yuzi?”

“She’s in the storeroom now and she said that you may go there once you’re here to meet her,” Xiao Lin said.

“Great,” Gu Ning said, then walked to the storeroom.

Chapter 552 Xia Yichu

Gu Ning knocked on the door of the storeroom. “Hi, may I come in?”

“Come on in please. The door isn’t locked,” Yu Zi said and Gu Ning pushed the door open walking inside.

The storeroom was around 10 square-meters and it was also Yu Zi’s design studio. There were dresses hanging on a wall, and several mannequins dressed in gowns which weren’t finished yet. On the other side, there was a sewing machine and a table on which various needles and tools such as scissors for making clothing was placed.

“Hi boss, welcome!” Yu Zi greeted Gu Ning with enthusiasm.

When Yu Zi saw Leng Shaoting, she was also stunned.

“Hi!” Yu Zi greeted Leng Shaoting.

“Hi,” Leng Shaoting said lightly.

“Boss, come on and have a look at the gowns. I can finish the three pieces on the mannequins by tomorrow,” Yu Zi said.

Gu Ning had a look then said with satisfaction, “I love them!”

Hearing that, Yu Zi was finally relieved.

“I need to find an appropriate company and factory next,” Gu Ning said.

“I can help. I’m free anyway,” Leng Shaoting said at once. He was complaining because Gu Ning didn’t spend much time with him these days, and he was free and by himself all day.

Gu Ning understood that he had complaints, so she agreed, “That would be great!”

“We need workers to work in the factory too, but it takes time to hire people. Please help me find some garment factories which can barely stay afloat and are about to be sold. If it’s possible, we can directly acquire one,” Gu Ning

said

It wasn’t easy to run a profitable business nowadays, so many companies went bankrupt every year, but Gu Ning would only acquire one if it was qualified.

“No problem,” Leng Shaoting said.

Gu Ning came to Charm store just to check on the gowns, so she left soon after that. She had nothing else to do during the rest of the day, so she decided to have a walk with Leng Shaoting, and they would be back before dinner.

Gu Ning and Leng Shaoting went to a park. They stopped the car in the parking lot then got out to take a walk.

There were many people in the park but the park was very large, so people didn’t gather together at a certain place. No matter where Leng Shaoting walked people would be attracted to his outstanding appearance. Luckily, there weren’t many people around them, so it wasn’t bothersome.

Gu Ning and Leng Shaoting walked to the woods and ambled on the forest path.

“Xia Yichu, what’s wrong with you? Why didn’t you come to record yesterday? Do you know that someone else bought the song before us, and we now have to pay liquidated damages which are over a million yuan? Do you know…” Gu Ning and Leng Shaoting heard a man’s angry criticisms.

“Enough!” Before the man could finish the sentence, a woman interrupted him in anger. “Qiao Guanxiang, enough is enough! Stop lying to my face. I already found out that you and Pei Hena are merely taking advantage of me…” At the end, the woman almost shouted, and burst into tears.

Pei Hena? Gu Ning had heard the name. She was a popular singer.

“You…” Qiao Guanxiang didn’t expect that Xia Yichu would say it aloud, so he was struck dumb. How is it possible that she found out?

Xia Yichu looked at Qiao Guanxiang, who was still in shock, and said with a biting smile, “Qiao Guanxiang, I know that you actually don’t like me at all, but approached me to help Pei Hena become popular. You said that you wanted to help me become a popular singer, but you planned a car accident and disfigured my face so that I can’t appear in front of the public anymore. To realize my musical dream, I had no choice but to be a ghost singer for Pei Hena.”

“How-how did you find out?” Qiao Guanxiang rounded his eyes in shock, but his question proved that what Xia Yichu had said was true.

Even Gu Ning felt greatly surprised hearing that. Gu Ning didn’t want to interfere in other people’s personal affairs, but now she was interested. Pei Hena was a famous singer, which was affirmed by many experts. She also enjoyed great popularity among the public, and her name often appeared on the rankings of varied music forums. Unexpectedly, there was a ghost singer behind her.

An entertainment company needed actors as well as singers. If Xia Yichu was really the ghost singer for Pei Hena, Gu Ning would love to have a talk with her. Even though her face was disfigured, it was easy for Gu Ning to help her recover.

Gu Ning pulled Leng Shaoting to sit at a nearby bench, observing them.

There was still a distance between them, so they didn’t find out that Leng Shaoting and Gu Ning were eavesdropping.

Although the position they were standing at was covered by dense branches, Gu Ning had Jade Eyes to help her. Gu Ning’s sight fell on Xia Yichu, observing her carefully. Xia Yichu was about 1.65 meter tall, medium build, not fat or thin, wearing a cap and a mask with only a pair of eyes exposed.

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
Even so, Gu Ning still clearly saw her features. Xia Yichu was a beauty to some extent, if the scary scar could be removed from her right cheek. Even in the entertainment industry, she would still be a noticeable beauty. With her outstanding voice, singing skill, and beautiful face, it was unreasonable that she wouldn’t be popular as long as she had support.

“It’s not important how I found out. Since I already know, I won’t let you take advantage of me anymore. Without me, Pei Hena’s career will be ruined. And, as long as I expose this dirty secret, you and Pei Hena will have to live in the darkness forever!” Xia Yichu looked vicious, and said with strong hatred.

She wasn’t a weak girl, and had her own principals, but she had lost herself in love. Besides, ever since her face had been disfigured in an “accident”, Qiao Guanxiang always stayed by her side, so she had remained loyal to him, which was the reason why she had fallen into the trap they set for her.

“No, you can’t do that!” Qiao Guanxiang panicked. Once this dirty secret was exposed, their reputation would be completely ruined. He had paid a lot to be successful and the last thing he wanted now was to fall from that high social status. He was determined to be an outstanding agent.

“Why not? I’m the victim, and you’re the initiators of the evil plan!” Xia Yichu shouted in anger.

Chapter 553 Your Younger Brother Is in My Hands

Having been schemed against by the man she loved, Xia Yichu felt deeply hurt, but she was angrier and more resentful than ever. She had lost herself in the ridiculous love so much that she didn’t discover that Qiao Guanxiang was so shameless, snobbish and would get whatever he wanted by hook or by crook until now.

“Yichu, I’ll give you money to get plastic surgery as compensation, and I’ll raise your salary too. Please, keep being Hena’s ghost singer,” Qiao Guanxiang almost begged in order to protect his reputation and career.

“If I had enough money to get plastic surgery, do you think that I’d be willing to be Pei Hena’s ghost singer any longer? I can stand on the stage myself!” Xia Yichu sneered.

Xia Yichu was beautiful, and she was a singer, not an actress, so the audience had comparatively lower standard of appearance. As long as she could sing well, she was confident that she could be popular. However, her face was disfigured. A disfigured face was different from an ugly face, and she felt quite self-abased ever since the “accident” had happened to her.

Thinking of that, Xia Yichu clenched her teeth in anger. “Qiao Guanxiang, I promise that I’ll pay you and Pei Hena back!”

Qiao Guanxiang seemed extremely displeased, and blurt out, “Xia Yichu, if you dare to do that, I’ll kill you and nobody will know that you’ve ever existed!”

Facing the threat, Xia Yichu stayed calm, and raised her phone to show Qiao Guanxiang. “Qiao Guanxiang, do you think that I came here to meet you without preparing anything? I’ve recorded every sentence you just said. If you dare hurt me, I’ll spread it across the Internet.”

“You…” Qiao Guanxiang panicked at once, reaching out to grab Xia Yichu’s phone, but Xia Yichu escaped on time.

Qiao Guanxiang was in a rage now. Thinking that Xia Yichu could ruin his reputation and career, he lost control of his emotions. However, he thought of something all of a sudden, and seemed less angry. “Xia Yichu, don’t forget that your younger brother is in my hands. If you dare to spread the recording across the Internet, I’ll make a call, and your younger brother will be tortured.”

Qiao Guanxiang had a connection with gangs.

“How dare you!” Xia Yichu panicked this time. Her younger brother was her only family in this world and she couldn’t tolerate it if anything bad happened to him. Xia Yichu swore at herself. How could she forget that! Her younger brother was innocent and Qiao Guanxiang would keep her younger brother as a hostage.

“Face the reality Xia Yichu, and we can work together as usual. Don’t worry. I’ll still raise your salary,” Qiao Guanxiang said arrogantly. “However, if you dare to refuse, you can’t bear the result.”

Xia Yichu was so mad, but she could do nothing about it. Although she hated Qiao Guanxiang and Pei Hena to death, she was reluctant to put her younger brother in a dangerous situation. She chose to yield for her younger brother’s safety.

“Fine, I agree,” Xia Yichu said in the end. She couldn’t risk her younger brother’s life.

Hearing their conversation, Gu Ning really appreciated Xia Yichu now.

“Very well. Now, delete the recording,” Qiao Guanxiang ordered.

Xia Yichu didn’t want to do it but she had to obey Qiao Guanxiang’s order and deleted the recording right in front of him.

“You can have the day off and I’ll send some people to watch over your younger brother. If you dare do anything to resist my control, your younger brother is doomed,” Qiao Guanxiang said.

As long as Xia Yichu’s younger brother was in his hands, he wasn’t afraid that Xia Yichu wouldn’t listen to him.

After threatening Xia Yichu, Qiao Guanxiang left, while Xia Yichu collapsed to the ground bursting into tears.

At this moment, Gu Ning told Leng Shaoting to wait for her, while she walked to Xia Yichu.

“Did you sing every song for Pei Hena?” Gu Ning asked.

Hearing a stranger’s voice, Xia Yichu was a little scared. She stopped crying at once, looking to Gu Ning with fear on her face. “Did-did you hear everything just then?”

Xia Yichu was horrified. If this girl spread what she had heard abroad, her younger brother would be in great danger.

Noticing Xia Yichu’s worry, Gu Ning laid her cards on the table. “Don’t worry. I won’t leak a word out. I just want to figure out whether you sang every song for Pei Hena. If so, you rouse my interest, and we can cooperate if you don’t want to be controlled by them any longer.”

“What? Cooperate?” Xia Yichu was surprised and doubted it.

Gu Ning looked younger than 20-years-old, so it was hard for Xia Yichu to believe that Gu Ning could help her. Xia Yichu wasn’t judging Gu Ning from her appearance, but she did seem too young.

“Well, have you heard of Su Tongnuo?” Gu Ning opened her mouth.

“Do you mean the actress?” Xia Yichu said.

“Yes,” Gu Ning replied.

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
“I’ve heard her name, and she’s quite popular recently,” Xia Yichu said but didn’t understand why Gu Ning suddenly asked that question.

“I understand that you have doubts about my ability, but let me tell you a secret that Su Tongnuo is working for my company now,” Gu Ning said.

“What? You’re the boss of Fenghua Entertainment?” Xia Yichu was shocked. She couldn’t believe her ears. Although Fenghua Entertainment was a newly-established company, it was quite powerful in the entertainment industry.

“Yes,” Gu Ning said directly.

Hearing her affirmative answer, Xia Yichu began to believe that this young girl before her eyes really could help her.

Chapter 554 Sign Xia Yichu

“Do you have any evidence to prove that you’re the boss of Fenghua Entertainment?” Xia Yichu asked with doubt.

Gu Ning understood that it wasn’t persuasive if she said it without any solid proof. She then took out her phone, and logged into the official Weibo account of Fenghua Entertainment before she showed the screen to Xia Yichu. “I know it’s still not enough to prove that I’m the boss of Fenghua Entertainment by logging into its official Weibo account, but it at least proves that I’m a key member of Fenghua Entertainment.”

Xia Yichu took a look at the screen, and believed that Gu Ning could be the boss of Fenghua Entertainment. However, after a short period of excitement, Xia Yichu looked upset again. “Do you want me to be a ghost singer when you sign me? I’ve done that for Pei Hena already, and I don’t think that it’s a good idea if I keep doing it for another singer.”

Xia Yichu wasn’t sure why Gu Ning wanted to sign her. Her face had been disfigured after all, and it would cost a lot to do plastic surgery to help her recover.

Gu Ning smiled then said, “I’m not dumb, and I know that it’s a bad idea. I want someone with real talent, not a ghost singer. Don’t worry; I can help you regain your natural face without doing plastic surgery.”

“What? Really?” Xia Yichu was totally shocked and couldn’t believe her ears.

“We’ll see!” Gu Ning said.

Xia Yichu got excited again. Although it sounded too good to be true, she chose to believe Gu Ning

“Since you’ve heard the argument between Qiao Guanxiang and me, you must know that he’ll hurt my younger brother if I don’t listen to him,” Xia Yichu said.

As long as she could get rid of Qiao Guanxiang’s control, she was willing to do anything for Gu Ning. It was quite torturous to work for someone she hated to death. However, she couldn’t abandon her younger brother.

Gu Ning said with a smile on her face, “If you work for me, I will of course protect your younger brother.”

“Really?” Xia Yichu was cheered up at once. “Of course,” Gu Ning said affirmatively.

“Great, I’ll cooperate with you,” Xia Yichu said.

“Aren’t you curious about your salary?” Gu Ning looked at her, although she already had the answer.

“I don’t care about the salary as long as I can get rid of Qiao Guanxiang and my younger brother is safe. I trust you,” Xia Yichu said.

It couldn’t be worse to work for Gu Ning than it would be to keep working for Qiao Guanxiang. Although Xia Yichu had been treated unfairly, she still believed that there were more good people than bad ones in this world.

“Great, but Fenghua Entertainment is in the capital, so you would have to move there,” Gu Ning said.

“No problem. It’s a good thing to leave City B, but I can’t leave my younger brother alone here, so would you please help me transfer him to a school in the capital?” Xia Yichu asked.

There were only two of them in her family, and all their relatives stopped contacting her ever since her parents passed away, so she only cared about her younger brother.

“Sure,” Gu Ning said.

Hearing that, Xia Yichu was very grateful.

“You have to leave for the capital right now. Give me your phone number first, and I’ll send the number of the general manager of Fenghua Entertainment to you later. He’ll take care of you, and make all the arrangements,” Gu Ning said.

Fenghua would provide a housing allowance for its actors or singers, so Xia Yichu could use the money to rent an apartment for herself and her younger brother. It was just the beginning. If Xia Yichu could achieve a lot in her career and help the company make a lot of money, she would gain more in the future.

“Thanks,” Xia Yichu said.

“As for Qiao Guanxiang and Pei Hena, their reputation and career will soon be ruined once you show up on the stage,” Gu Ning said.

“You’re right.” Xia Yichu agreed. She had already deleted the recording, so she didn’t have solid proof to accuse Qiao Guanxiang with. However, as long as she left them and went on the stage herself, Pei Hena and Qiao Guanxian’s career wouldn’t last long.

“I don’t have any proof of their dirty secret now because I already deleted the recording.” Xia Yichu was worried. It would be better if their dirty secrets could be exposed to the public.

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
“Don’t worry. I’ll find some,” Gu Ning said with confidence. “Just tell me their addresses and phone numbers.”

Gu Ning knew that she had to deal with those two potential enemies well, in case they tried to harm her business. Like when she had hired Lu Zhan, and acted against Tang Bingsen, Gu Ning was determined to get revenge on the Tang Family in the capital sooner or later.

Although it wasn’t difficult for her to kill Tang Bingsen now, she wasn’t willing to do so, because she decided to carry out her plan at a slow pace and disintegrate the Tang Family’s business group little by little. In her previous incarnation, the Tang Family’s business group wouldn’t have been so successful without her help. She lost count of how many illegal things she had done for them. The Tang Family had made full use of her and became an influential, rich family in the capital.

Xia Yichu then sent Qiao Guanxiang’s and Pei Hena’s addresses and phone numbers to Gu Ning at once.

After that, Gu Ning gave her a porcelain bottle the size of a thumb. “There is a pill inside, which can cure the scar on your face. Pour some water in the bottle, and apply some with a cotton swab to your scar twice a day.”

Chapter 555 Pei Hena And Qiao Guanxiang

Xia Yichu was surprised again. This pill can cure my scar? She couldn’t believe it because the scar on her face wasn’t small, and only plastic surgery could remove it. However, she thought that there was no reason for Gu Ning to lie to her. They had no benefit conflicts after all. In addition, Gu Ning needed her to make money for Gu Ning’s company. Anyway, nothing good came without risk. Even if Gu Ning was just lying, she still had to try it. If she tried, she had hope; otherwise, she would be totally hopeless. Therefore, Xia Yichu took Gu Ning’s pill and thanked her with sincerity, “Thank you so much!”

“You’re welcome. We just got what we needed from each other,” Gu Ning said. “Oh, you must do an injury report in the hospital first. It’ll come in handy when you need it. I think you better do it when you arrive at the capital in case Qiao Guanxiang discovers it and causes unnecessary trouble.”

“Sure,” Xia Yichu said.

After that, Gu Ning walked away and Xia Yichu immediately went back to her home and called her younger brother on the way.

Xia Yidong was Xia Yichu’s younger brother. He was 17-years-old, studying in the second grade in the No.5 High School in City B. He wasn’t very academically inclined, but was still a good student in his school.

Xia Yichu was beautiful, and Xia Yidong didn’t have a plain face either. Moreover, Xia Yidong was a talented composer.

Xia Yichu stopped chasing her music dream because of an accident, so Xia Yidong made up his mind to actualize his older sister’s dream, and studied music hard. However, he kept it a secret from Xia Yichu, because he didn’t want his older sister to be worried about him.

It wasn’t a flat road to success, because there were too many people scheming against one another for fame and fortune in the music industry.

Today, Xia Yidong asked for a leave from his school in order to listen to a lecture delivered by a famous music expert in a conservatory of music.

When he received Xia Yichu’s call, Xia Yichu asked where he was, and he lied, “I’m at school now.”

“Head to the airport right now. I’ll meet you there after I go home first. Don’t ask further questions or tell anyone else; I’ll tell you everything at the airport. If you don’t do that, both of us will be in danger. Do you understand?” Xia Yichu said seriously and nervously.

Hearing that, Xia Yidong understood that something had to be wrong. He was anxious but Xia Yichu wouldn’t tell him details until they met at the airport.

A classmate who came to listen to the lecture with Xia Yidong noticed Xia Yidong’s anxiety after answering the call, so he asked with concern when Xia Yidong hung up, “Yidong, what’s wrong?”

“I’m sorry. I gotta go now.” Saying that, Xia Yidong took a taxi to the airport at once.

Gu Ning called Lu Xiao later and told him what had happened to Xia Yichu. Lu Xiao would make arrangements for Xia Yichu’s music career in the future.

After that, Gu Ning turned to Leng Shaoting. “Can you help me monitor Qiao Guanxiang and Pei Hena, and record their conversations?”

“Sure.” Leng Shaoting was, of course, more than willing to help Gu Ning. He wouldn’t hesitate to do anything for her, let alone monitoring two people. Leng Shaoting then made a call and arranged for someone to monitor Qiao Guanxiang and Pei Hena.

Once Qiao Guanxiang left the park, he went straight to Pei Hena’s apartment.

Pei Hena didn’t go to work today, so she wasn’t wearing any make-up. She wore a thin sleeping gown which accentuated her alluring figure. Pei Hena was the same age as Xia Yichu. Both of them were 26 years old, and beautiful.

Not many people knew that Xia Yichu was Pei Hena’s ghost singer, but it wasn’t a secret to some people. Except the senior management of their company, Xia Yichu’s younger brother and Pei Hena’s two assistants were all aware of it. And none of them would reveal it.

Xia Yidong knew that his older sister’s face had been disfigured so she couldn’t stand on the stage. However, it wasn’t a bad thing that she could sing songs behind the scene to make some money.

Pei Hena’s assistants had signed confidentiality agreements. If they leaked this secret information, they would be put in jail.

The moment Qiao Guanxiang walked inside, Pei Hena pressed on him with her body then asked, “How is it? Did the bitch tell you why she was absent yesterday?”

“She found out about our secret,” Qiao Guanxiang said calmly to some extent, because he was less worried now after he got the goods on Xia Yichu.

“What? She found out about our secret? How much does she know?” Pei Hena, on the other hand, was frightened. She understood that Xia Yichu wouldn’t listen to them anymore if Xia Yichu found out their secret. She had paid a lot to be a famous singer and was reluctant to fail.

Qiao Guanxiang hugged her and comforted. “Don’t worry. I have Xia Yidong as a hostage, so she has to obey my orders. We don’t need to keep our relationship a secret anymore. We can do whatever we want from now on.”

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
Hearing that, Pei Hena relaxed a little, but she was still worried. “However, since she already found out, she’s a walking time bomb now. What if she spreads it abroad?”

“It’s useless to think too far now. Don’t you trust me?” Qiao Guanxiang said. Before Pei Hena could say another word, he kissed her wildly. Although they appeared as agent and singer before others, they were a couple in private. However, they had to keep a distance from each other in order to take advantage of Xia Yichu, and so they seldom made love.

And now, Qiao Guanxiang told Pei Hena that they were able to do whatever they wanted, so Pei Hena’s burning desire was aroused. She could finally stop meeting Qiao Guanxiang in private like she was the other woman in their relationship.

“Would you mind staying with me for a while?” Leng Shaoting stared straight at Gu Ning when Gu Ning drove Leng Shaoting back to the hotel.

“I can’t,” Gu Ning said. She knew that if she went to the room with him, she wouldn’t be leaving right away. Who knew what he would do to her? It was already 4:30 pm, and it would be too late when she went back to her house, especially when it was highly possible that she would be caught by the rush hour on her way back home.

Chapter 556 Tang Haifeng Criticizes Cao Wenxin

Leng Shaoting felt disappointed but he understood Gu Ning so he didn’t insist. They could meet in the night after all.

A short while after Leng Shaoting went back to the hotel he received He Qiming’s call. While Gu Ning talked with Xia Yichu in the park, Leng Shaoting called He Qiming and told him to find some appropriate garment factories and companies which were on sale. Shengshi Group was indeed very powerful and He Qinming finished his task within an hour.

“Lord Leng, there are exactly two vacant floors in an office building which is under construction of our company. Every floor is 800 square-meters large. As for garment factories, I’ve found three of them, and I’ve emailed their information to you. Please check the email,” He Kaiming said

“Great,” Leng Shaoting said then opened the latest email.

The three garment factories that could barely stay afloat were all because of poor management, and they were all in good locations with advanced equipment. However, Leng Shaoting didn’t make the decision for Gu Ning but would let her choose when they met in the night.

When Gu Ning was driving to the Tang Family’s house, Xia Yichu arrived at the airport with two suitcases. One was filled with her clothes, and the other was full of Xia Yidong’s clothing and laptop.They didn’t live a very good life, so there weren’t many things they had to take with them.

Xia Yidong arrived at the airport 40 minutes after he had received Xia Yichu’s call, and he was pacing anxiously outside the entire time.

Xia Yichu had booked the plane tickets, and the flight would take off around 6:20 pm. They still had nearly 50 minutes to wait.

Seeing Xia Yichu coming, Xia Yidong walked forward and helped her with the luggage. “What happened? Why do we have to leave for the capital in a hurry?” Xia Yidong asked.

“Take the boarding cards first, I’ll tell you everything once we’re in the lounge,” Xia Yichu said.

“Sure.” Xia Yidong didn’t continue to ask questions and they pulled their suitcases, walking into the airport. When they found a place in the lounge where there weren’t many people, Xia Yichu told Xia Yidong everything. She didn’t hide any details.

After hearing what his older sister had been through, Xia Yidong was furious, and wanted to tear Qiao Guanxiang and Pei Hena into pieces.

“Damn it! How could Qiao Guanxiang treat you like that!” Although Xia Yidong was mad, he still had reason, and didn’t shout it out loud in case others would hear it. However, he put on an evil expression, which even scared Xia Yichu.

“I’m sorry. It’s all my fault that I failed to take good care of you,” Xia Yidong said, and he seemed very sad. Although Xia Yichu was the older sister while Xia Yidong was the younger brother; Xia Yidong felt that it was his duty as a man to protect his older sister.

“Yidong, don’t say that. You’re my younger brother and I should be taking care of you. It’s my fault that I stupidly lost myself in love. I’m sorry.” Xia Yichu felt really guilty. If she hadn’t trusted Qiao Guanxiang so much she wouldn’t have been through so many terrible things.

“I’m a man, and men should protect women!” Xia Yidong argued.

“Alright-alright, now is not a good time to argue.” Xia Yichu understood that Xia Yidong had a strong sense of responsibility, and she would never win in an argument like that with him.

Xia Yidong also stopped arguing but asked worriedly, “Will Qiao Guanxiang find us even if we escape to the capital?”

“Relax,” Xia Yichu said then she told Xia Yidong about what had happened to her after she met Gu Ning.

Hearing that his older sister was signed by an influential entertainment company in the capital, Xia Yidong was excited. His older sister’s musical dream was finally going to come true!

“Really?” Xia Yidong was afraid that he was in a daydream, so he asked again with uncertainty.

“Yes, it’s real.” In fact, Xia Yichu also felt like she was in a dream, because it was too good to be true, but she still gave Xia Yidong an affirmative answer in order to comfort him.

“That’s so great!” Xia Yidong lost words to describe how excited he was now. As long as his older sister could stand on the stage, Qiao Guanxiang and Pei Hena would be doomed. In addition, he agreed to transfer to another school in the capital because all he wanted now was that he and his older sister could be safe together.

When Gu Ning got back to the Tang Family’s house, it was past 5 pm, and Gu Man was still talking to Tang Yunfan in his bedroom.

“Ningning, you came back so late! I’m so bored!” Once Gu Ning walked inside, Cao Wenxin complained. Cao Wenxin wasn’t a quiet girl, and it bored her to stay with the older generation for a long time. Tang Jiakai wasn’t home either, so there was nobody that Cao Wenxin could play with.

“I went out to deal with something serious,” Gu Ning said. Cao Wenxin was already passed 20 years old, but she still behaved like a child who loved playing.

“Wenxin, don’t fool around all day! Why don’t you learn something from Ningning? She’s achieved a lot at such a young age!” Tang Haifeng criticized Cao Wenxin.

Although the Tang family and the Cao family were rich enough to support their offspring to live a luxurious life for generations, it wasn’t a good thing that Cao Wenxin did nothing but fool around all day, because it was a total waste of her life!

Cao Wenxin pulled her lips, remaining silent. She understood that she wasn’t comparable to Gu Ning. Let alone Cao Wenxin, there were few young people in this world who could achieve so much at such a young age.

Gu Man had talked to Tang Yunfan for over two hours today, but he still had no reaction. Gu Man felt a little disappointed and sad, but she could do nothing about it. However, when Gu Man stood up, walking away, Tang Yunfan’s fingers moved a little then stopped.

After dinner, Gu Man and Gu Ning left, followed by Cao Wenxin.

“Ningning, are you free tonight? If you are, why don’t you go to a friend’s gathering with me?” Cao Wenxin asked Gu Ning on their way back.

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
“I am free tonight but I need to stay at home with my mom. She’ll be bored alone,” Gu Ning said.

“Don’t worry about me. I’ll be fine alone,” Gu Man said.

Since Gu Man said so, Gu Ning agreed to have some fun with Cao Wenxin.

Gu Ning sent Gu Man back to Huafu Hills, then came out after a dozen minutes.

“Are you going to drink? If you are, we can’t drive the car because I’m going to drink,” Cao Wenxin said when they walked out together.

Chapter 557 Cao Wenxin Is Envious

“I won’t drink. Let me drive the car, but I think your ORV[1] is enough. The Lamborghini is too noticeable,” Gu Ning said. She had experienced the feeling of being the focus of people’s attention during the day. And although it wasn’t bad, she still preferred to keep a low-profile.

“Fine.” Cao Wenxin agreed then gave the car key of her Land Rover to Gu Ning.

“Can I bring a friend with me?” Gu Ning asked. Her friend was Leng Shaoting. The reason why Gu Ning agreed to have some fun with Cao Wenxin was because she could call Leng Shaoting to go out with her too. Gu Ning didn’t bother to hide the fact that Leng Shaoting was in City B from Cao Wenxin.

“Who is it? A man or woman?” Cao Wenxin asked or gossiped.

“A man,” Gu Ning said.

“No way, is he Pan Zirui?” Cao Wenxin asked because Pan Zirui had invited Gu Ning to meet earlier.

“No, it’s Shaoting,” Gu Ning said.

“What?” Cao Wenxin was surprised. “Shaoting is in City B?”

For some reason, Cao Wenxin thought of Xin Bei at this moment. She was curious whether Xin Bei came to City B along with Leng Shaoting. However, she despised herself for thinking of Xin Bei the next second.

“Yes, he’s on vacation now, so he came to City B to meet me,” Gu Ning said.

“Oh, did you go to meet him this afternoon?” Cao Wenxin asked.

“Yes, but we went out for business. My jewelry store in City B is going to open soon, so we went to check the gowns. Oh, I need to find an appropriate garment company and factory too,” Gu Ning said.

“You can let Uncle Quan do that for you. It’s a piece of cake for him,” Cao Wenxin said.

“Shaoting will handle it,” Gu Ning said.

“Fine. I’m envious of you because you have such an outstanding boyfriend!” Cao Wenxin said.

Gu Ning smiled. “You can find one too! I know you have many admirers.”

“I don’t like them,” Cao Wenxin sighed. She always wanted to date someone she liked but couldn’t find one.

Gu Ning didn’t say anything further, but called Leng Shaoting.

Leng Shaoting was very happy to receive Gu Ning’s call. Even if he could only hear her voice, he felt satisfied.

“Ningning!” Leng Shaoting called her name with excitement.

“Are you free now?” Gu Ning asked.

Hearing that, Leng Shaoting was cheered up at once. “Of course!”

Gu Ning was amused by Leng Shaoting’s reaction. “Wait for me at the door of the hotel. I’ll pick you up soon. We’re going to hang out with Wenxin tonight.”

“Sure,” Leng Shaoting said. Although he couldn’t kiss Gu Ning if Cao Wenxin was there, it was much better than staying at the hotel by himself.

Maybe because of Cao Wenxin, Gu Ning called him to have fun together. Thinking of that, Leng Shaoting didn’t have complaints towards Cao Wenxin.

After hanging up the call with Gu Ning, Leng Shaoting adjusted himself before he went downstairs. He had waited for almost 10 minutes when Gu Ning finally arrived. Although he was a little impatient, he didn’t complain about it but enjoyed it.

Gu Ning stopped the car at the door of the hotel and Leng Shaoting walked over to them. “Let me be the driver!” he said. Since he was here, he was willing to do the job for Gu Ning.

After that, before Gu Ning had even said a word, Cao Wenxin got out of the front passenger’s seat, and went to sit in the back seat. “You two can share the seats in the front, and I’ll sit at the back.”

Leng Shaoting was going to drive the car so she, of course, wouldn’t sit in the front passenger’s seat. Normally, if a couple was in the same car and the husband was the driver, the front passenger’s seat belonged to the wife. Therefore, Gu Ning directly moved to the front passenger’s seat from the driver’s seat, and left it to Leng Shaoting.

The appointed place where Cao Wenxin was going to meet her friends was a private clubhouse.

Private clubhouses provided a private environment for people from high social class. To make it simple, a private clubhouse was where rich people gathered together, and the membership fee was also very high.

Only a member could book a room, so membership was also the sign of one’s wealth or social status. In addition, one had to book a room a few days in advance because it was hard to book one on the day that he or she came.

When Gu Ning and the others left for the clubhouse, Xia Yichu and her younger brother also got off the plane.

Xia Yichu had called Lu Xiao before she boarded and Lu Xiao had already arranged a driver to pick them up.

Once the plane landed, Xia Yichu called the driver. The driver told them that they would be staying in a hotel tonight and would meet the general manager, Lu Xiao, tomorrow.

Lu Xiao booked two rooms at a four-star hotel which was the nearest one to the Shengning Group Building for Xia Yichu and her younger brother. Although a four-star hotel wasn’t as luxurious as a five-star one, it wasn’t bad either.

Shengning Group Building wasn’t fully built yet, but they were renting a nearby 300-square-meter building as the temporary office building. It was just a temporary office building, so it wasn’t well decorated.

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
Although the Shengning Group Building was still under construction, Lu Xiao was busy acquiring equipment and hiring people these days. Lu Zhan had his own shooting equipment but they needed more than just one set.

There were around a dozen workers in Fenghua Entertainment now, and Lu Xiao had used his network to hire some skilled people for the management.

When Gu Ning and the others arrived at the private clubhouse, a valet parker helped them drive the car to the parking lot and another waiter guided them to their private room.

Cao Wenxin and her friends met in the sports area so there was a lot of exercise equipment, boxing rings and so on.

[1] ORV stands for “off road vehicle”.

Chapter 558 Tong Jiayao

However, just as they got out of the car, another car stopped right behind them. Coincidentally, Fang Xiaoke, who had approached Cao Wenxin for the purpose of marrying into a super-rich family, stepped out of the car. She was holding a middle-aged man’s arm and it was quite obvious that she was the man’s mistress. She really was a woman who was willing to sell both her body and soul for money!

When Fang Xiaoke saw Cao Wenxin, she was struck dumb for a second, then pretended that she didn’t know Cao Wenxin. To her surprise, she met Cao Wenxin here.

Cao Wenxin also didn’t want to pay attention to Fang Xiaoke, so she turned her eyes away too.

“Fang Xiaoke is really a gold-digger! My older brother stopped paying her bills, so she turned to an old man and became his mistress,” Cao Wenxin said when Fang Xiaoke and the man walked away. Cao Wenxin was extremely regretful that she had taken Fang Xiaoke as her friend before.

Before long, they arrived at the sports area.

“Welcome!” Once they entered the hall, waiters greeted them politely.

“May I ask which private room you are going to?” a waiter asked. All the private rooms were booked, so they had to be here to meet their friends.

“No. 888, my name’s Cao Wenxin,” Cao Wenxin said.

Even though they were here to meet their friends, the waiter had to check their information first.

“Please wait a moment,” the waiter said then took out a walkie-talkie speaking to the butler of private room No. 888. With the affirmative answer, the waiter guided them to private room No. 888 at once.

The private room was spacious, but there were only five people inside, so it looked empty to some extent.

There were three women and two men in the room, but only one of the men and women were Cao Wenxin’s friends, while the rest were her friends’ friends. They weren’t strangers, but Cao Wenxin wasn’t familiar with them.

Cao Wenxin’s male friend’s father was also a leader in the military region and her female friend was from a super-rich family. The three of them grew up together but they went to different colleges. Now they had all graduated from their schools, so they came back to City B lately. The other three people in the room were all from either rich or powerful families.

Although Cao Wenxin didn’t make friends according to a person’s family background, it was an unavoidable trend that she would make friends with people from the same social class as her.

Cao Wenxin told her friends that she would be bringing two other friends and her friends all agreed. However, once Gu Ning and Leng Shaoting entered the room, the two attracted everyone’s attention. Especially Leng Shaoting, his appearance overshadowed every man’s existence in the private room.

A woman with short hair was excited when Leng Shaoting appeared in her sight, but she soon hid her excitement away. This woman was exactly the one who had encountered Leng Shaoting in the hall of Shengshi Group. Nevertheless, her secretary failed to find out about Leng Shaoting’s real identity which disappointed her, but to her surprise, she met Leng Shaoting again in the evening.

“Hi, Wenxin!” they greeted Cao Wenxin when she walked in.

Cao Wenxin guided Gu Ning and Leng Shaoting to sit on an empty sofa, then introduced them to her friends. “Let me introduce. They’re both my friends, Gu Ning, and Leng Shaoting.”

Gu Ning had reminded Cao Wenxin not to expose her relationship with the Tang Family, so Cao Wenxin introduced her as a friend. Although Gu Ning was Tang Haifeng’s biological daughter, it was still a secret, so it was better for them not to say it aloud now. In addition, they were just gathering for fun.

The woman with short hair repeated Leng Shaoting’s name in her heart a few times.

“Nice to meet you, Mr. Leng, Miss Gu!” they greeted them politely.

“Nice to meet you too!” Gu Ning and Leng Shaoting said.

After that, Cao Wenxin introduced her friends to Gu Ning and Leng Shaoting. “This is Gao Chengyun and An Ran. We grew up together. And they’re Jiang Zezheng, Zhu Yuanzhen and Tong Jiayao.”

Tong Jiayao was precisely the woman with short hair.

“Oh, Mr. Leng, nice to meet you! What a coincidence! I just saw you at Shengshi Group today, and yet we are meeting each other again! Mr. Leng, maybe you didn’t notice me,” Tong Jiayao said to Leng Shaoting politely. She seemed very polite and kept an appropriate distance from Leng Shaoting.

“I didn’t,” Leng Shaoting said lightly which embarrassed Tong Jiayao. She didn’t expect that he would be so cold to her.

Although Tong Jiayao covered her feelings towards Leng Shaoting very well, Gu Ning still sensed that she was interested in Leng Shaoting. It was just Gu Ning’s instinct. As long as she stayed polite, Gu Ning wouldn’t jump to conclusions.

In the meantime, Gu Ning noticed that the woman wasn’t from a normal super-rich family.

The other people were also surprised by Leng Shaoting’s cold attitude, but they didn’t mind, because they had just met each other for the first time.

“Well-well, let’s have some drinks!” Gao Chengyun proposed to cheer everyone up.

There was no waiter in the room because they preferred to serve themselves.

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
“Gu Ning needs to drive the car, so she won’t drink,” Cao Wenxin said, then she turned to Leng Shaoting. “Shaoting, do you want to drink?”

Cao Wenxin was a little afraid of Leng Shaoting. Not because Leng Shaoting had a bad temper, but because he always stayed quiet and cold.

“No, thanks.” Leng Shaoting didn’t like drinking unless he had to or he was with his close friends.

“Since we’re here to have fun, it’ll be boring if we don’t drink together,” Jiang Zezheng said.

“Exactly! If you can’t drink we won’t force you, but if you can, why don’t you have some with us?” Gao Chengyun added. Normally, men gathered together to drink for fun, which was also a way to create a relaxed atmosphere. However, Gao Chengyun wasn’t criticizing Leng Shaoting but was just persuading him.

Chapter 559 Bottoms Up

“They’re fine. They can chat with each other, all in love, and they won’t get bored! I can drink with you!” Cao Wenxin said. Since Leng Shaoting wasn’t willing to drink, she wouldn’t force him to do so.

Gu Ning needed to drive the car, so everyone understood that she wouldn’t drink. However, Leng Shaoting seemed cold and refused to drink, which displeased them.

Gu Ning sensed their emotional change and she also believed that Leng Shaoting should have fun with those who didn’t understand him in case refusing caused misunderstandings. Anyway, she didn’t care about others’ opinions.

Nonetheless, when Tong Jiayao heard Cao Wenxin saying that they could chat with each other in love, she realized that Gu Ning and Leng Shaoting were girlfriend and boyfriend, so she was a little disappointed. Even so, she didn’t give up, and made up her mind to compete against Gu Ning for Leng Shaoting as long as they weren’t married. After all, Tong Jiayao finally met a man she was interested in.

Compared with those women who tended to seduce men with their bodies, Tong Jiayao would rather attract a man with her own charm. Therefore, she wouldn’t seduce Leng Shaoting, but seized every chance to talk to him. Of course, she wouldn’t do it in front of Gu Ning.

“Since you aren’t drinking, why don’t we chat together?” Tong Jiayao said. “Miss Gu, you look so young. Are you still a student?”

Tong Jiayao behaved casually and seemed kind, but Gu Ning already sensed that she was interested in Leng Shaoting, so Gu Ning was alert now. However, before Tong Jiayao did anything inappropriate Gu Ning replied politely, “Yes, I’m a senior in high school.”

Hearing that, everyone was surprised.

Tong Jiayao thought that Gu Ning was too young to be married, and anything could happen in the future, so she believed that it was impossible that Gu Ning and Leng Shaoting would be together for long. The fact that she had that thought proved that Tong Jiayao didn’t know much about Gu Ning or Leng Shaoting

“The entrance examination to college is just around the corner. Miss Gu, which university is your dream college?” An Ran asked.

“The Capital University,” Gu Ning said.

Hearing that, Tong Jiayao thought that Gu Ning was going to study in the capital, while Leng Shaoting would stay in City B. They all subconsciously thought that both Leng Shaoting and Gu Ning lived in City B. Otherwise, Gu Ning wouldn’t be here if she was still a student.

In that case, Tong Jiayao was hopeful. She didn’t care who Leng Shaoting’s girlfriend was now. As long as they weren’t married yet, she still had a chance to win Leng Shaoting’s heart. In fact, Tong Jiayao was a self-centered person who would do anything to get what she wanted and ignored others’ feelings.

After chatting for a while, Gao Chengyun said to Cao Wenxin, “Wenxin, we haven’t had a kung fu match for a long time. Why don’t we have a round now?”

Both of them grew up in the military region, and they would have a kung fu match every time they met each other. In addition, they were at the same level of kung fu, and the match wouldn’t end quickly, so it was exciting to watch.

They were in a sports area, so there was enough room for them to have a kung fu match.

“Of course!” Cao Wenxin was excited.

“Let’s have a bet as usual!” An Ran said.

Every time Cao Wenxin had a kung fu match with Gao Chengyun, the others would bet for fun. Since the two were at the same level of kung fu, it was unpredictable who would win, which was also the reason why the bet would be so exciting. Of course, they wouldn’t bet money but wine.

Gao Chengyun took a bottle of wine which wasn’t opened yet. “The loser has to finish the bottle by himself!”

If there was a loser, the loser would finish the bottle alone. If the result was even, the two would share the bottle fifty-fifty.

“No problem! everyone agreed.

Gu Ning and Leng Shaoting wouldn’t drink, so they didn’t join them.

“I bet Wenxin will win,” Jiang Zezheng said.

They all knew that Jiang Zezheng liked Cao Wenxin, so he bet that Cao Wenxin would win every time. Unfortunately, Cao Wenxin wasn’t interested in Jiang Zezheng, so Jiang Zezheng stayed by her side as her friend.

Interestingly, Zhu Yuanzhen liked Jiang Zezheng, but Jiang Zezheng wasn’t interested in Zhu Yuanzhen, so they became friends. It wasn’t always easy to fall in love with a person who loved you too.

“I bet Chengyun will win,” An Ran said.

In the end, Jiang Zezheng and Tong Jiayao bet that Cao Wenxin would win, while An Ran and Zhu Yuanzhen bet that Gao Chengyun would win. After that, the kung fu match began.

The two attacked each other constantly and it seemed very exciting to outsiders, like Jiang Zezheng and the others, but it was quite childish in the eyes of Leng Shaoting and Gu Ning. They weren’t at the same level as Gu Ning and Leng Shaoting after all.

Around 10 minutes later, they stopped, and Gao Chengyun lost this time. It wasn’t a surprising result, because the two were at the same level of kung fu.

“Come on, Chengyun, An Ran and Yuanzhen, you share a bottle!” Jiang Zezheng was excited that he won the bet.

Gao Chengyun lost, so he had to drink too.

“Chengyun, did you lose because you wanted to drink this bottle?” An Ran pretended that he was dissatisfied. However, he was just joking.

“Ha-ha, you got me!” Gao Chengyun laughed.

An Ran glared at Gao Chengyun. “Since you want to drink, you can drink more than us!”

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
“Nope, let’s share it!” Gao Chengyun said.

After that, Gao Chengyun, An Ran and Zhu Yuanzhen shared a bottle of wine.

“What should we play next?” An Ran asked.

“Bluffing?” Zhu Yuanzhen proposed.

The rules were: Each die had 6 sides, from 1 pip to 6 pips. Each player held five dice in their dice cup without revealing it to each other. The purpose of this game was to guess the total number of one particular pip from both players, and if you were right, you won; if you were wrong, then you lost. For example, it could be from one 6 to twelve 6’s.

Chapter 560 Xia Yichu Won’t Answer

The game started with one player who called for a number of pips, e.g. three 2’s, then the next player would have to raise, i.e. four 2’s or three 3’s. Either the total number or the pip number had to be bigger than the previous calling as the game took turns.

If you thought your opponent was bluffing, then you could say “open!” Supposing you had two 1’s and two 3’s, and your opponent had one 1 and two 3’s in both of your dice cups. Then your opponent called for eight 3’s, and you didn’t believe him and said open, then you won. If he called for seven 3’s and you said open, then you lost.

Normally, 1 pip could be any number of pips; i.e. it could be 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6, so that the game could be more complicated and fun. It was like an unknown factor, because a player might only have one 2 in his dice cup, but he also had three i’s, which meant he had four 2’s potentially.

However, there was a special rule. If a player called for the number of 1 pip, e.g. three 1’s, then 1 pip automatically lost its multiple identities. It could now only be 1 pip until the game ended.

“Sure!” everyone agreed.

“Why don’t you join us? If you lose the game, you can drink water, not wine,” Tong Jiayao said. She thought that she would have more chances to get familiar with Leng Shaoting if they could play the game together.

“Right! You can drink water.” The others all agreed.

They just met each other. If Leng Shaoting and Gu Ning didn’t join them, they would feel bored sitting aside.

“Well, I’ll join you!” Gu Ning said. She didn’t want them to feel that she stayed aloof from them. Gu Ning also understood that Leng Shaoting wasn’t interested in games which were aimed at drinking, so she didn’t ask him to join them along with her. The others didn’t insist either.

Gu Ning decided not to use her Jade Eyes this time, because it would be a little much if she used that in such a small game. At the same time, she wouldn’t enjoy playing the game if she used her Jade Eyes.

She had used Jade Eyes the last time in a game with Ai Weishun just to get revenge on him for Leng Shaoting. However, even though Gu Ning didn’t use her Jade Eyes, she was still lucky and seldom lost. The others, on the other hand, drank a lot.

When it was about 11 pm, they left the clubhouse.

Since Cao Wenxin was with them, Gu Ning could only send Leng Shaoting back to the hotel before she drove back to Huafu Hills with Cao Wenxin, and Leng Shaoting would take a taxi to Huafu Hills later.

Gu Man was already asleep when Gu Ning was back.

Leng Shaoting soon arrived at Gu Ning’s room, but he didn’t kiss or touch her immediately this time. Instead, he clicked an email open and showed Gu Ning the offices and garment factories.

“How much is the rent?” Gu Ning squinted at him with interest.

“It’s free,” Leng Shaoting said.

“Ha-ha, you’re so generous,” Gu Ning said. Although she felt happy that Leng Shaoting didn’t charge her, she couldn’t accept it. “Shaoting, business is business. If you don’t want the rent, I’m afraid that I can’t rent your offices.”

Hearing that, Leng Shaoting frowned a little. He seemed upset, but didn’t know how to retort.

Gu Ning then read the information about the three garment factories. She trusted Leng Shaoting, but she still needed to check them in person tomorrow.

“Oh, how many days of your vacation do you have left?” Gu Ning asked.

“Hard to tell. If I’m assigned a task, I have to go back to work at any time. If not, I still have many days off,” Leng Shaoting said.

As a member of the special corps, he was paid a lot more than a common soldier. Not only did they need to fulfill dangerous tasks, but they also had three days of special training once a month as well as deep forest training in the Amazon for half a month every year.

Leng Shaoting had just finished his monthly special training, so he would be free as long as he wasn’t assigned a task.

“I need to check the factories at noon tomorrow. After choosing a qualified one from them, I’ll fly to City D in the evening. If you’re free, why don’t you go with me?” Gu Ning said.

“No problem,” Leng Shaoting said.

After discussing business, Leng Shaoting couldn’t wait and pressed Gu Ning on the bed. Unfortunately, Gu Ning was on her period, which meant Leng Shaoting had to limit his desire for at least five days.

Leng Shaoting was extremely unwilling to accept the truth, but Gu Ning couldn’t control her period after all. Therefore, Leng Shaoting just kissed Gu Ning for a short while before he cuddled her in his arms before falling asleep. Gu Ning, however, secretly put her magical power into his body to help him have a sound sleep.

The next morning, Leng Shaoting left early as usual.

During breakfast, Gu Ning told Gu Man that she would be going to City D to deal with some business that afternoon and would stay there for the following two days, so a driver sent by the Tang Family would come to pick Gu Man up.

Although Gu Man felt a little uneasy if Gu Ning wasn’t by her side, she said nothing.

After breakfast, Gu Ning and Gu Man went to the Tang Family’s house.

Cao Wenxin was going back to her home today, so she didn’t go to the Tang Family’s house with Gu Ning

After the argument with Xia Yichu in the park, Qiao Guanxiang moved into Pei Hena’s apartment.

Around 8:30 am, Qiao Guanxiang called Xia Yichu.

In the beginning, Xia Yichu was just a ghost singer, so he would only call her when need arose. However, in case Xia Yichu would betray him, Qiao Guanxiang decided to let Xia Yichu be Pei Hena’s assistant too, so they could have tighter control over her. What he didn’t know was that Xia Yichu had already left for the capital.

Accordingly, when he called Xia Yichu, nobody answered his call. Qiao Guanxiang kept calling her but it was still the same. He immediately felt that something had to be wrong.

“What’s wrong? Is she refusing to answer your call?” Pei Hena asked.

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
“I can’t get through to her. Give me your phone,” Qiao Guanxiang said. Pei Hena immediately gave her phone to him and Qiao Guanxiang used hers to call Xia Yichu once more. However, nobody answered the call again.

“Could you still not get through?” Pei Hena started to panic.

“I think she blocked our phone numbers.” Qiao Guanxiang was annoyed. It was possible that Xia Yichu ran away from them. How did she dare to do that? Isn’t she afraid that I’ll hurt Xia Yidong?

“Give me your other phone,” Qiao Guanxiang said. Pei Hena had another mobile phone, and Xia Yichu didn’t have the number of her second phone.

If they got through to Xia Yichu with a different phone number, it proved that Xia Yichu had blocked their phone numbers and betrayed them.

Chapter 561 We’re Doomed!

Pei Hena gave Qiao Guanxiang her other phone at once, and Qiao Guanxiang called Xia Yichu without delay. This time Xia Yichu answered his call, but hung up on him the second she heard his voice.

“Damn it! She betrayed us!” Qiao Guanxiang almost smashed the phone on the ground. He was more panicked than angry now. He was right. Xia Yichu blacklisted their phone numbers and left them.

Since Xia Yichu left for the capital, she planned to change her phone number, but she wasn’t free yet, so she used the old phone number temporarily.

“What?” Pei Hena was shocked and her face turned pale from fear. We’re doomed! She thought to herself.

“Did-didn’t you tell me that Xia Yichu wouldn’t dare to betray us?” Pei Hena asked in a hurry.

“How could I know that she would really do it?” Qiao Guanxiang was also astonished that Xia Yichu escaped that day, right after he had threatened her.

“What should we do now? If she escapes, we’re doomed!” Pei Hena’s body shook in horror.

Qiao Guanxiang made another call at once.

“Liu Ge, I need your help and I’ll pay you a lot for it,” Qiao Guanxiang said once the call was answered.

“What is it?” the man on the other side of the phone said.

“I’ll send you two pictures later along with their name and some basic information. Help me find them. Once you find them, help me control them,” Qiao Guanxiang said.

“No problem,” the man said.

After that, Qiao Guanxiang sent pictures of Xia Yichu and her younger brother to Liu Ge.

Liu Ge was Qiao Guanxiang’s friend in a gang.

Around 9 am, Wan Hui, who was Lu Xiao’s chauffeur and the person who had picked Xia Yichu and her younger brother up at the airport yesterday, walked to go meet them at the hotel. The hotel was just around a hundred meter away from their company.

On the way to their company, Wan Hui said to Xia Yichu, “Let me introduce our company to you now. Our company is still undergoing renovation, so it hasn’t been formally established yet, but there are already ten staff members. We’re temporarily working on the 6th floor of an office building next to our company’s building. Boss said that you can have a rest and relax for a few days before you start to work.”

“Thanks,” Xia Yichu said. Since she was signed by this company, she should follow their arrangements.

Wan Hui took Xia Yichu to the temporary office building and pointed to another tall building not far away. “That’s the Shengning Group Building. Fenghua Entertainment is on the seventh, eighth and ninth floors. The seventh floor will be a dance studio. The eighth floor will be made into a recording room, and there will be many offices on the ninth floor for the actors and staff of Fenghua.”

Xia Yichu was surprised. She thought that Gu Ning was just a boss of an entertainment company, however, it turned out to be a large group. In that case, Fenghua Entertainment was just a subsidiary of Shengning Group.

Xia Yichu was curious whether Gu Ning was a shareholder of Fenghua Entertainment or the founder of the Shengning Group. It was hard for her to believe that Gu Ning, who was younger than 20 years old, could be a chairwoman of such a large business group. She thought that it was more likely that Gu Ning’s family owned this large business group.

Xia Yichu wanted to ask Wan Hui, but thought that it wasn’t appropriate, so she said nothing.

After that, Wan Hui guided Xia Yichu and Xia Yidong to the general manager’s office.

Once they entered the office room, Xia Yichu took off the mask, because she thought that it wasn’t polite to wear a mask all the time.

The second the mask was removed, the scary scar on Xia Yichu’s right cheek was exposed, which surprised Wan Hui and Lu Xiao, but they didn’t show any dislike because they already knew what had happened to this poor girl.

“This is Manager Lu,” Wan Hui introduced to Xia Yichu and her younger brother.

“Nice to meet you, Manager Lu!” They greeted Lu Xiao at once.

“Have a seat please,” Lu Xiao said. “Here is the contract. You can read through it before you sign it.”

“Sure,” Xia Yichu said.

Xia Yichu’s contract was the same as Su Tongnuo’s. The ratio of the company’s take to her take was 6:4, which meant the company would take 60% while she could have 40% of the profit.

Although Xia Yichu wasn’t very experienced in the entertainment industry, she had learned a lot after working with Qiao Guanxiang for so long. Usually, the ratio was 8:2, and it was rare to see 6:4, especially when she was just a newcomer who didn’t have much fame.

In fact, Xia Yichu was a newcomer without fame, but her songs weren’t. Pei Hena, with the help of Xia Yichu, was already a B-list singer, and was even more popular than Su Tongnuo. As long as their dirty secret was exposed, Pei Hena’s career would come to an end, while Xia Yichu would walk into people’s sight. Moreover, her songs were quite popular these days, so it wasn’t difficult for her to attract people’s attention.

Xia Yichu would probably be criticized too after the dirty secret was exposed, but it wasn’t uncommon in the entertainment industry that every celebrity had a certain amount of haters. Sometimes, those haters left many acerbic comments on the Internet, not because the celebrity had done something wrong, but simply because they needed a way to vent their anger at life. All in all, one had to have a strong heart when working in the entertainment industry.

“Manager Lu, are you sure the profit ratio is right?” Xia Yichu asked with uncertainty.

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
Lu Xiao smiled, which stunned Xia Yichu. This young manger is so charming!

“It’s right. And it’s just the beginning. If you can become an A-list singer, the ratio will be 5:5,” Lu Xiao said.

Xia Yichu was shocked again. If she could become an A-list singer, she could have 50% of the profit! Her new boss was really generous!

After a long while, Xia Yichu finally got her mind back.

The company would provide a single apartment for her and pay the utilities. If she had her own house, the company would give her three thousand yuan monthly as a housing allowance, and reimburse her for utilities.

Chapter 562 What’s Your Aim?

Xia Yichu had just arrived at the capital, and she hadn’t found an appropriate apartment yet, so she chose the three thousand housing allowance to rent an apartment for her and her younger brother.

Although the housing price in the capital was extremely high, it was enough to rent a good apartment with the three thousand yuan housing allowance.

Xia Yichu and Xia Yidong had lived a poor life, but they still owned an apartment in City B. The apartment in City B was bought by their parents, and it was already 10 years old, but they could get some money by selling it. After that, they could use the money to buy a smaller apartment in the capital.

Xia Yichu planned to do so in the future, because she and her younger brother couldn’t go back to City B now. It would be dangerous as long as Qiao Guanxiang and Pei Hena were still there.

In the end, Xia Yichu signed her name, and felt quite relieved. She could finally chase her dream and fight for her own future from now

on.

Lu Xiao checked the contract then asked, “By the way, which grade is your younger brother studying in now?”.

“Eleventh grade,” Xia Yichu replied.

“Do you have any request for the level of the school?” Lu Xiao asked.

“No, just close to my older sister please,” Xia Yidong said first.

Xia Yichu agreed as long as Xia Yidong was happy with that. In addition, she would also be worried if her younger brother studied far from her.

“Great,” Lu Xiao said. “Have a rest for a few days! You can find a place to live first, and I’ll inform you about your future work.”

After that, Xia Yichu finally settled down.

When Gu Man went to talk to Tang Yunfan, Gu Ning told Tang Haifeng that she would be leaving for City D later and hoped that he could arrange a car for Gu Man.

“Well, your mother can stay here with us,” Tang Haifeng said.

“I’m afraid that my mother prefers to stay in my house,” Gu Ning said.

“Fine.” Tang Haifeng didn’t insist.

Gu Ning was busy dealing with other things, so she didn’t stay in the Tang Family’s house for lunch. She planned to meet Leng Shaoting first then go to look at the garment factories together before she flew to City D.

She wouldn’t come back today, so she parked the car in the parking lot of the Tang Family’s house. The car cost over ten million yuan, and she didn’t dare to leave it at the airport.

After meeting Leng Shaoting, they went to check the garment factories together. The factories were all located in the suburbs or somewhere near the suburbs, and the first garment factory Gu Ning and Leng Shaohao visited was in a suburb. Because the clothing it produced wasn’t a famous brand, the garment factory wasn’t very big; it was a medium-sized garment factory.

It was a four-story single building, and the size of each story was slightly bigger than a basketball playground. It was enough in Gu Ning’s eyes. After having a short tour around it, Gu Ning decided to buy it.

There were around 60 workers in the factory, including 10 or so supervisors, and the rest were common workers.

The garment factory needed to stop working for a short time, but the workers would be paid as usual. And Gu Ning decided to deal with other things concerning the factory when she came back from City D.

At the same time, Qiao Guanxiang was undergoing mental torture because of Xia Yichu.

Hours later, Liu Ge finally called him back, but it wasn’t good news.

“Guanxiang, I can’t find the two people in the pictures. Could they have left City B already?” Liu Ge asked.

Qiao Guanxiang also had the same idea but refused to believe it. However, Liu Ge failed to find them in City B, so it was likely that they had already left. Where did they go?

Although Liu Ge was a member of a gang, he wasn’t an important figure in the gang, so his ability was limited.

Qiao Guanxiang didn’t have the connections to check Xia Yichu’s and Xia Yidong’s ID cards to see whether they had booked tickets to another city either.

Liu Ge failed to help him find Xia Yichu and Xia Yidong, but Qiao Guanxiang still had to pay fifty thousand yuan.

“What should we do? What should we do now?” Pei Hena was in despair. If they couldn’t find Xia Yichu, they were doomed.

Qiao Guanxiang was also hopeless, but he refused to accept it.

When Gu Ning and Leng Shaoting left the factory, it was already 3:30 pm, so they went to the airport right away.

It was almost 8 pm when they arrived at the airport of City D and they took a taxi heading straight downtown once they walked out of the airport.

Gu Ning wasn’t in a hurry to contact Chu Peihan and the others today, and she planned to call them tomorrow. For now, they needed to dine first and went to book a hotel.

In City B, Pan Zirui was having fun with his friends in a private room in a high-end clubhouse.

“Zirui, it’s been so many days. Why hasn’t your boss called you yet?” The man who had told Pan Zirui to invite Gu Ning out to have fun with them airily asked him again.

This man was named Feng Xin. He was 28-years-old and was a vice general manager of a construction company. The reason he kept mentioning Gu Ning wasn’t because he was interested in Gu Ning, but because he wanted to be close to the Tang Family.

Feng Xin approached the Tang Family for a reason, of course.

The government of City B was going to develop a tourist destination this year, and gave an order that only five companies could be involved in this project. The Tang Family was very likely to be a dominant one among them, so Feng Xin was ambitious to build a close relationship with the Tang Family.

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
With his connection with the Tang Family, he could easily win a seat for his construction company. Moreover, as long as he got to know the Tang Family, it would be greatly helpful for him to run his business.

Hearing that, Pan Zirui stopped drinking then realized that Gu Ning hadn’t contacted him in many days. “She’s probably busy.”

Feng Xin, on the other hand, doubted Pan Zirui’s relationship with Gu Ning. If they were really close, why hadn’t Gu Ning called him in so long? Even so, Feng Xin couldn’t say it aloud, because he still had hope to meet Gu Ning if he maintained the friendship with Pan Zirui.

“What’s your aim? Why do you keep mentioning Miss Gu?” Guan Bin asked. He thought that Feng Xin could be interested in Gu Ning. Pan Zirui, at the same time, looked at Feng Xin with suspicion.

Feng Xin, however, denied it at once. “I just heard from you that she’s really awesome, so I want to meet her. That’s all.”

Chapter 563 Tang Weiyong

“Well, let me be honest with you. It’s impossible that my boss will be interested in you,” Pan Zirui said plainly.

Hearing that, Feng Xin pulled his lips. He wasn’t interested in Gu Ning, but what Pan Zirui said hurt his self-esteem so he asked, “Why?”

“Because my boss isn’t only beautiful and good at kung fu; most importantly, she’s only an 18-year-old, senior high school student,” Pan Zirui said. He implied that there was a huge age gap between Feng Xin and his boss, so it was impossible that they would be together.

Feng Xin was shocked by Gu Ning’s age. He didn’t expect that Gu Ning could be so successful at such a young age.

“Ha-ha, my boss isn’t a simple girl!” Seeing Feng Xin being so shocked, Pan Zirui was very proud, as if the person who was so successful was him.

Everyone except Feng Xin had already heard of Gu Ning’s achievements, so none of them felt that it was an exaggeration, but thought that Gu Ning had accomplished much more besides.

“Wow, I’m impressed,” Feng Xin said.

At the same time, two middle-aged men were discussing something while sitting on a sofa in a study on the second floor of a three-story house which was located somewhere near a suburb of City B.

One of them was Tang Deming, while the other was Tang Xinrui’s father, Tang Weiyong.

The talk between Tang Deming and Tang Weiyong on the phone last time was enough to prove that Tang Weiyong had a long-standing grudge against the Tang Family, and had secretly attacked Tang Yunfan many times. In fact, the accident Tang Yunfan encountered in City F was also arranged by Tang Weiyong. However, none of the Tang Family was aware of that.

Although the Tang Family was very powerful, its enemies were everywhere. Most importantly, the Tang Family all believed that Tang Weiyong was dead.

It was a story which could be dated back to 18 years ago when Tang Yunfan came back after he had disappeared for a whole year.

Nineteen years ago, Tang Haifeng’s younger brother, Tang Haiming, had schemed against Tang Yunfan, and Tang Yunfan had almost been killed. Tang Weiyong was precisely Tang Haiming’s son.

A year later, when Tang Yunfan came back home, Tang Haiming and Tang Weiyong’s scheme was exposed, so they fled along with their family. In the process of arrest, unfortunately, Tang Haiming died in a car accident, while Tang Weiyong was seriously injured. Only his wife and children survived.

The chief culprits were Tang Haiming and Tang Weiyong, and Tang Weiyong’s wife and daughter were innocent, so Tang Haifeng didn’t punish them. After that, they heard that Tang Weiyong was dead, but none of them went to check or saw it in person because it wasn’t important for the Tang Family back then. Unexpectedly, precisely because of that, Tang Weiyong was back and continued to scheme against the Tang Family now.

Now, Tang Weiyong’s daughter, Tang Xinrui, had sneaked into the Tanghuang Group. Once everything was ready they would act, and they were determined to take the Tanghuang Group back.

Of course, Tang Xinrui had changed her name and identity, so nobody would know her relationship with Tang Weiyong.

“The latest news, a mother and daughter often visit the Tang Family’s house these days. Their relationship with the Tang Family isn’t clear yet, but they seem to be related to Tang Yunfan,” Tang Deming said.

Tang Deming was from a branch of the Tang family. He hadn’t participated in the scheme against Tang Yunfan, and he never thought to betray the Tang family. However, he later received a lot of favors from Tang Weiyong and was brainwashed by Tang Weiyong too, so he was now willing to do anything for Tang Weiyong

Hearing that, Tang Weiyong squinted a little and his eyes looked dangerous. He asked, “Do you mean that the mother and daughter may be Tang Yunfan’s woman and daughter?”

“Yes.” Tang Deming did have that thought. Of course, it was just a thought but they couldn’t ignore it since they were doubtful.

“If so, Tang Yunfan hid his secret very well! Nobody was able to discover it during the past years.” Tang Weiyong wore an evil expression right now.” Once Tang Yunfan had an accident, they appeared. I’m afraid that they just want to compete for the properties of the Tang family!”

Tang Weiyong believed that it had to be the truth. If the girl was really Tang Yunfan’s biological daughter, she was very likely to inherit the properties of the Tang Family. However, Tanghuang Group was his prey, and he would never allow others to grab it from him.

“I’ll arrange some people to make it clear. If they’re Tang Yunfan’s family, they can’t be left alive,” Tang Weiyong said coldly and ruthlessly. No matter who his stumbling block was, he would remove him or her.

A touch of cruelty flashed through Tang Deming’s eyes. He actually had the same idea as Tang Weiyong

Tang Weiyong took a sip of tea then asked, “Oh, what do they have in mind now?”

They were, of course, Cheng Zhongsheng and Wu Boyan who had abstained.

Tang Deming seemed displeased and said in a low voice, “They didn’t give me a clear answer. It seems that they’ll remain neutral and are unwilling to get involved in our fight.”

Although it wouldn’t affect their plans, they had to make more effort without their support. However, it wasn’t a bad result that they remained neutral, instead of supporting Tang Haifeng.

“Well, two old cowards,” Tang Weiyong snorted with disdain. In his eyes, neutrality was just an excuse. In fact, Cheng Zhongsheng and Wu Boyan were just timid and afraid. They were afraid of failure, because they would lose everything they had now once they failed.

Tang Weiyong understood why they chose to abstain, because the odds of success were really small at the moment. Therefore, Tang Weiyong decided to give up on them.

Gu Ning and Leng Shaoting went to Huangdeng Hotel after their meal. Because Gu Ning gave her Black Card to Chu Peihan, Leng Shaoting booked a new room for them.

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
Gu Ning was still on her period, so Leng Shaoting couldn’t have sex with her, but just kissed her for a while before they went to bed.

The next morning, Gu Ning called Chu Peihan.

When Chu Peihan’s phone rang, it was just 7 am.

Chu Peihan thought that it was her alarm ringing, so she got up at once. However, when she noticed that it was Gu Ning’s call, she was surprised. “Hey, boss!”

Chu Peihan knew that Gu Ning would come here today, but she didn’t expect that Gu Ning would call her so early.

Chapter 564 A Test of Psychological Quality

“I’m in Huangdeng Hotel now,” Gu Ning said.

“What?” Chu Peihan was surprised again. “You’re already here?”

“Yes, are you up now?” Gu Ning asked.

“Not yet, but I’ll get up soon,” Chu Peihan said.

“Great. Have breakfast with me downstairs at 7:30 am; I’ll call Hao Ran as well,” Gu Ning said before she hung up, and Chu Peihan got up without delay. Gu Ning called Hao Ran later, and Hao Ran was as surprised as Chu Peihan when he received Gu Ning’s call. After receiving Gu Ning’s call, they all got up in a hurry.

Although Gu Ning told them to meet her at 7:30 am, they all gathered together at the dining hall on the first floor when it was just 7:15 am

When they saw that Gu Ning came with Leng Shaoting, they were surprised, then stood up to greet them. They were in awe of Leng Shaoting, because he was the youngest major general in this country. There were few people who had the chance to dine with a major general, and their friends would be envious of them. In fact, it was a test of psychological quality to dine with Leng Shaoting, because they all felt stressed when Leng Shaoting sat next to them.

“Boss, did you come here yesterday?” Chu Peihan asked.

“Yes, but it was too late when we arrived, so I didn’t call you,” Gu Ning said.

“Oh, I heard from Mu Ke that you won’t be attending the rest of the classes in our school, right?” Hao Ran asked. They were kind of used to it because Gu Ning was always absent from classes.

“Yes, I’m very busy these days, so I’ll attend the National College Entrance Examination directly,” Gu Ning said.

“What?” Hearing that, they were all astonished. They knew that Gu Ning was academically inclined so she could be absent from classes, but would their principal agree?

Leng Shaoting, on the other hand, was very pleased because he could meet Gu Ning whenever he was free from now on. He didn’t need to wait for her until her classes were over anymore.

“Did you talk to our head teacher? Did she

agree?”

“I called our principal and he agreed,” Gu Ning said.

After breakfast, it was still early, so they left for the hotel where Lu Zhan stayed a little later.

Gu Ning had told Lu Zhan to buy an exclusive car for the crew, a small truck to move the equipment, a medium bus for the staff, and the actors could either take their own cars or local rented cars. Therefore, the crew was able to use their own cars and only the actors were transferred by hotel buses. They weren’t famous actors after all, so none of them asked for an exclusive car.

When Lu Zhan saw Gu Ning, he was surprised, because he didn’t know that she would be coming

“Oh, hi, Miss Gu!” Lu Zhan welcomed her. He didn’t call her boss in front of others.

“Good morning, Miss Gu!” Su Tongnuo and the others greeted her too.

Although the other staff in the crew didn’t know that Gu Ning was the sole investor of this film yet, they understood that she had to be an important figure from the way the actors and Lu Zhan treated her.

Lu Zhan and the group of actors went on a large bus and they were all stunned by Leng Shaoting. They guessed that he had to be a star that Gu Ning had just hired.

Since Gu Ning wasn’t in the bus and there were only strangers around him, Leng Shaoting sat alone in the front seats, keeping a distance from others. Accordingly, nobody dared to greet or talk to him.

When they were about to set off, Gu Ning came back and sat right by Leng Shaoting’s side, so Leng Shaoting became more gentle.

The bus moved ahead soon, but Gu Ning didn’t introduce Leng Shaoting to the others in the bus, and nobody asked her who he was.

If everything went well, they could finish the scene at Changyang Mountain this morning.

After shooting in the morning, they went back to dine in the hotel. Although it wasn’t a four-star or five-star hotel, the food there was much better than takeout.

In the following days, they were going to shoot in the Radio and Television University in City D. Jiang Bowen had talked to its principal in person, so it was settled quickly.

Chu Peihan and the others’ part in the film was mainly a story of a ghost in the mine. In the scene, a professor heard news about the ancient grave, so he went there with a few students.

The scene only lasted around dozens of seconds in the film.

Apart from that, they also needed many students to be extras, so they cooperated with some students who majored in broadcasting. Some of those extras would play roles in the film, so Lu Zhan signed contracts with them.

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
When the film crew arrived at the school, they attracted a lot of attention from students in the campus.

Before long, Chu Peihan and the others finished their acting. However, they didn’t leave right away because Gu Ning was still here.

After that, they went to gather the students who majored in broadcasting to shoot the next scene. However, a girl was absent. She played an important role in the scene, so they couldn’t start to shoot if she was absent.

Lu Zhan was a little mad, because they had already signed the contract. If she was absent, it was a breach of contract. Most importantly, it would waste their time of shooting.

Their head teacher, Qiao Yan, called the girl at once, but the girl’s phone was off.

Chapter 565 Jiang Yihan

“Does any one of you know where Jiang Yihan is now?” Qiao Yan asked.

Jiang Yihan was the absent girl.

“No idea,” everyone said.

Right at this moment, a gentle female voice sounded at the door of the classroom. “Excuse me, Ms. Qiao.”

Hearing that, everyone looked to her. It was a pretty girl named Ling Sixue who studied in the next classroom and also majored in broadcasting

“What’s wrong?” Qiao Yan asked.

“Well, I went to have lunch with Jiang Yihan this afternoon, but she accidentally fell on our way back and she was seriously injured, so I sent her to the hospital. Her phone was running out of power, and she didn’t remember your phone number, so she told me to come back and tell you she feels guilty that she’s absent, and she’s willing to let me play her role,” Ling Sixue said, but a touch of evil flashed through her eyes, which was caught by Gu Ning.

Gu Ning squinted at her. She’s lying.

“Well…” Qiao Yan turned to look at Lu Zhan. “Director Lu, what do you think?”

Lu Zhan said, “It’s not easy to replace an actress after we have already chosen the right person, especially when we’ve signed the contract. Since Jiang Yihan can’t finish her acting now, she should end the contract with us first and then we can choose another girl to play the role.”

It seemed like Lu Zhan was cold-blooded because the first thing he did after he found out that the actress was injured was to replace her. However, rules were rules. If you couldn’t finish your work, you would be fired. In addition, Lu Zhan didn’t say that Ling Sixue could get the role right away. The right of choice still laid in Lu Zhan’s hands.

Lu Zhan actually didn’t discover anything wrong with Ling Sixue, but it was just his way of doing his job. Lu Zhan had signed Jiang Yihan because he thought that she was suitable for the role.

Hearing that, Ling Sixue panicked a little, but soon calmed herself down. “Can’t I replace her? It was Jiang Yihan who told me to come here!”

Lu Zhan frowned in annoyance. “I said that it’s not easy to choose an actor who’s suitable for the role. If you want the role, you need to do the audition.”

Ling Sixue was upset. She did want to win the role on her own, but Lu Shan hadn’t chosen her in the audition. Jiang Yihan was Lu Zhan’s first choice, then there was another girl, and Ling Sixue was ranked third. Even if Lu Zhan was going to replace Jiang Yihan, Ling Sixue wouldn’t be his first choice either.

“Ms. Qiao, I’m afraid that we can’t shoot today, and I’ll arrange someone to visit the girl in the hospital with you. If she can’t finish her part, we need to end the contract and choose another girl. If she can recover by tomorrow, we’ll go on,” Lu Zhan said.

It was an accident, so Lu Zhan was willing to give her another chance.

“Sure,” Qiao Yan said.

After that, Lu Yichen and Qiao Yan went to visit Jiang Yihan together.

Before they left, Gu Ning took out a porcelain bottle giving it to Lu Yichen. She told Lu Yichen to pour some water in the bottle and help Jiang Yihan apply the water around the wound so that Jiang Yihan could recover soon and come back to finish her acting tomorrow. If Jiang Yihan had a wound, it was better to apply the medicine to help her recover.

Since Jiang Yihan was the actress chosen by Lu Zhan, Gu Ning was willing to help her.

As for whether Ling Sixue was involved in the accident which had happened to Jiang Yihan, Gu Ning wasn’t interested.

Lu Yichen was doubtful about the effect of the medicine that Gu Ning gave him, but he trusted that Gu Ning did it out of kindness, so he took it.

When they separated, Gu Ning went back to the hotel.

Chu Peihan and the others didn’t play important roles in the film, so the crew didn’t hold an ending ceremony for them, but gave each of them a red envelope. Gu Ning, of course, would thank them later.

After sending the actors to the hotel, Gu Ning said to Lu Zhan, “Uncle Lu, we’ll go back later, and you need to go to the Huangdeng Hotel with me to do registration before you drive the bus back to the hotel where you stay.”

In the morning, Gu Ning had already told the manager of the Huangdeng Hotel about the bus. Because Gu Ning had the Black Card, she had the right to enjoy all the services of the hotel for free. The manager also agreed to let them use the car, but the user needed to do registration and sign an agreement. If the bus was damaged, they had to pay compensation.

“No problem,” Lu Zhan said.

Lu Yichen arrived at the hospital to visit Jiang Yihan and her family was also there.

To Lu Yichen’s astonishment, Jiang Yihan’s father was Jiang Bowen who was the mayor!

Qiao Yan was aware of that, but she also kept it a secret because Jiang Yihan kept a low profile in the school, and only a few people knew that Jiang Yihan was the mayor’s daughter.

“Nice to meet you, Mayor Jiang,” Qiao Yan greeted him with great respect.

“Ms. Qiao, nice to meet you,” Jiang Bowen said politely, then looked to Lu Yichen with confusion. “Mr. Lu, why did you come here?”

Although Jiang Bowen had helped the crew find a school to cooperate with them, he had no idea that his daughter, Jiang Yihan, had joined the crew too and Jiang Yihan also didn’t dare to tell him.

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
Jiang Yihan loved acting ever since she was a child, and her dream was to be an actress, but her family disagreed so she took a step back and majored in broadcasting.

Therefore, when Lu Yichen showed up in her patient room, Jiang Yihan was surprised and panicked. She knew that her father was going to find out sooner or later, so she remained silent preparing to be criticized.

Jiang Yihan was a good-looking girl. Although she wasn’t stunning, she was still attractive.

“We’re here to visit Jiang Yihan, because she is playing a role in our film. We heard that she accidentally fell and was injured, so we come here,” Lu Yichen said.

However, Jiang Bowen wasn’t mad after hearing that. He was surprised but didn’t criticize Jiang Yihan. It was because Gu Ning was the investor of this film.

Chapter 566 Jiang Bowen Calls Gu Ning

Gu Ning planned to shoot the film in order to cover the zombie issue, and he was in charge of it now. If it couldn’t be handled well, he could lose his job. Therefore, Gu Ning did him a great favor. Even though he wasn’t willing to let his daughter enter the entertainment industry, he wouldn’t stop her from joining the film crew.

“Oh, but I’m afraid Yihan has to withdraw because her injury couldn’t heal within a short time,” Jiang Bowen said in a sad tone.

Hearing that, Jiang Yihan rounded her eyes in shock and couldn’t believe her ears. Why did her father feel sorry for that?

Before Lu Yichen said a word, Qiao Yan opened her mouth. “Mayor Jiang, we came here to check Yihan’s condition. If she can’t finish her part, she probably needs to end the contract with the crew. I’m sorry.”

“It’s fine,” Jiang Bowen said.

“Mayor Jiang, actually, our boss told me to give this to Yihan. It’s a special medicine which can help her recover quickly so that she can keep acting tomorrow,” Lu Yichen said, and felt a little nervous because he wasn’t sure whether it was true.

“Your boss? Do you mean Gu Ning? Is she in City D now?” Jiang Bowen was surprised.

“Yes,” Lu Yichen said.

“Thanks!” Jiang Bowen said. He still remembered that Gu Ning had saved many people’s lives with her special medicine back when they had encountered a zombie at Changyang Mountain.

Lu Yichen was struck dumb for a second. He didn’t expect that Jiang Bowen would trust Gu Ning without hesitation. It seemed Jiang Bowen knew that the medicine was different.

Without further talking, Lu Yichen took out the porcelain bottle and poured some water into it as Gu Ning had told him, the power crystal melted immediately.

A nurse walked over with a cotton swab in her hands, but she hesitated to unwrap the bandages around Jiang Yihan’s wound.

“The wound is already wrapped well and it’s not suitable to unwrap it now.” The nurse wasn’t arguing with Jiang Bowen; she just did her job as a nurse.

“It’s fine. Unwrap it,” Jiang Bowen insisted.

Seeing that, the nurse followed his order to apply the water medicine for Jiang Yihan.

Jiang Yihan didn’t know whether this medicine was really effective, but she hoped that she could recover as soon as possible. In the beginning, she thought that it would be painful when the medicine was applied over the wound. However, when the medicine touched the wound, she didn’t feel any pain, just coldness. After a few minutes, the wound changed significantly, and faded by a third.

“Wow…” Everyone was shocked, even Jiang Bowen, who knew that this medicine wasn’t simple, couldn’t stay calm.

“It isn’t painful now!” Jiang Yihan was surprised as well as excited. She tried to move her legs, then felt a little pain, because it took time for the wound to heal completely. Even so, Jiang Yihan was still satisfied.

Jiang Bowen, on the other hand, called Gu Ning at once.

When Gu Ning received Jiang Bowen’s call, she had just gone back to the Huangdeng Hotel for a short time and was still registering at the reception.

“Hi, Mayor Jiang!” Gu Ning said.

“Miss Gu, why didn’t you tell me that you came to City D?” Jiang Bowen said. Gu Ning helped him a lot, so he wanted to thank her.

Gu Ning was surprised. “Mayor Jiang, how did you know?”

“Well, my daughter is studying in the Radio and Television University, and she joined your film crew, but she was injured today so she can’t finish her part. Mr. Lu came to visit her with your special medicine, and then I heard that you’re in City D now,” Jiang Bowen said, then thanked Gu Ning with sincerity. “Miss Gu, thank you so much for your medicine! My daughter feels much better now.”

Hearing that, Gu Ning was astonished that Jiang Yihan was Jiang Bowen’s daughter. What a coincidence!

“You’re welcome. Since she signed the contract with my film crew, I should help her if she needs,” Gu Ning said.

“Well, Miss Gu, you did me a great favor,” Jiang Bowen said. “Are you free this afternoon? May I invite you to join a meal with

me?”

“Mayor Jiang, I would love to, but I have to leave for City B in a while,” Gu Ning said.

Jiang Bowen was a little disappointed, but didn’t insist. “Please call me the next time you come to City D.”

“Sure!” Gu Ning said.

Lu Zhan finished registration at the hotel then drove the bus away.

Chu Peihan and the others went to their rooms to pack up, while Gu Ning booked plane tickets for them after she hung up the call with Jiang Bowen. Leng Shaoting, on the other hand, was checking the plane tickets to City B.

Besides plane tickets, Gu Ning also prepared a thick red envelope for each of them.

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
Chu Peihan and the others would leave for City F at 5:35 pm, while Gu Ning and Leng Shaoting would fly to City B at 5:50 pm, so they could go to the airport together. It was only 3:30 pm when they all got back to the hotel, so they still had two hours.

After packing up and checking out at the reception, it was already 4 pm, so they took a taxi heading to the airport.

On the way to the airport, Gu Ning took out three thick red envelopes, then gave them to her friends. “You did the acting for free, so I’ve prepared red envelopes for you!”

“Wow, it’s so thick!”

“Thanks, boss!” They took the red envelopes and thanked Gu Ning. They had taken far more expensive gifts from Gu Ning, so a thick red envelope was nothing.

Chapter 567 Gu Man Is Abducted

There was twelve thousand yuan in each of the red envelopes Gu Ning sent to them because the number had a special meaning.

Half an hour later, they arrived at the airport. When they got the boarding cards and waited in the lounge, it was almost 5 pm. Twenty minutes later, Chu Peihan and the others boarded, so only Gu Ning and Leng Shaoting were left there.

“Ningning, will you go back to your house tonight?” Leng Shaoting asked Gu Ning. However, he was expecting her to say no.

“I’ll call my mom first when we’re back in City B. If she’s fine, I can stay outside,” Gu Ning said. She was still worried about Gu Man.

“Sure,” Leng Shaoting said. Gu Man was his future mother-in-law after all.

Chu Peihan and the others arrived at City Fat 6:40 pm, while Gu Ning and Leng Shaoting wouldn’t arrive at City B until 9 pm. However, when it was about 8 pm, a scary scene appeared in Gu Ning’s mind. In the vision, an MPV hit the private car in which Gu Man and a chauffeur sent by the Tang family drove, on a road with little traffic. Although nobody was injured, it wasn’t a simple car accident.

When the private car was forced to stop after the heavy knock, four men suddenly got out of the MPV, and they were all wearing masks, so nobody could see their faces. Once they were out of the MPV, they caught Gu Man and the chauffeur. Although the chauffeur struggled, he was easily beaten down by those bulky men. Both Gu Man and the chauffeur were abducted within a few minutes.

Gu Ning’s face turned pale at once and her body was trembling in fear, anger and worry.

“Ningning, what happened?” Leng Shaoting was surprised.

“I-I had a terrible premonition. I think my mom is in danger,” Gu Ning said.

Leng Shaoting understood that Gu Ning’s premonitions were always right, so he felt nervous and concerned too. However, they were still on a plane and it was impossible for them to check Gu Man’s condition now. “Ningning, don’t worry. You mother will be fine.”

Gu Ning also knew that she couldn’t contact her mother now because she was on a plane, so she did her best to calm herself down, and hoped that Gu Man would be safe.

No matter who did that to her mother, she would pay them back.

In City B, the traffic police arrived at the scene soon after the car accident happened but there was nobody left there except the broken private car. The traffic police were confused, then checked the surveillance cameras, and saw the exact same scene that had appeared in Gu Ning’s mind.

The traffic police checked the license plates at once, and it turned out that the number plate of the MPV was fake, while that of the private car belonged to the Tang family.

Knowing that, everyone in the traffic police team panicked, and they immediately took action to search for the missing victims. The moment their leader heard that the Tang family was involved in this car accident, he didn’t hesitate to call the Tang family.

When the Tang family heard that Gu Man was abducted, they were all scared too and did everything they could to find Gu Man. Of course, they had to let Gu Ning know too. However, Gu Ning’s phone was powered off.

Apparently, the group of people who had abducted Gu Man were fully-prepared, so Tang Haifeng failed to find Gu Man and the chauffeur even though he did everything he could right away. The Tang family only found the MPV which was abandoned on a small road in a suburb. The number plate of the MPV was fake, so they couldn’t find its owner. Besides, there were no surveillance cameras around the place where the car was abandoned.

When it was 9 pm, the plane finally landed at the airport of City B. Gu Ning and Leng Shaoting left the airport in a hurry.

The moment they were out, Gu Ning turned on her phone, and saw many missed calls from Tang Haifeng. Without a doubt, Gu Ning knew that Gu Man had to be in danger now, so she called Tang Haifeng back.

“Ningning, you mother was abducted,” Tang Haifeng said once Gu Ning called him.

“What do we know?” Gu Ning asked.

“Those bulky men all had masks on their faces, so we don’t know who they are, and the number plate of the MPV is fake so we can’t find its owner. We followed the surveillance cameras and found a small road, but there was only an abandoned car without any people around,” Tang Haifeng said.

“Tell me the location and I’ll check it myself,” Gu Ning said.

Hearing that, Tang Haifeng knew that Gu Ning was back in City B now and he sent the location to her without delay.

Leng Shaoting drove the car Shengshi Group prepared for him at the highest speed to the location where the abandoned MPV was founded.

Within 20 minutes, they arrived. However, even though they came here, they didn’t know which direction those men had escaped in.

Gu Ning immediately used her Jade Eyes to scan the surroundings, hoping to find something that might have been lost by those men. Unfortunately, she found nothing.

Right when Gu Ning was in despair, a picture flashed by her eyes, and it showed the direction in which Gu Man and the chauffeur were dragged

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
“This way!” Gu Ning said to Leng Shaoting then ran in that direction. Because it was a wasteland, they couldn’t drive, but had to walk. After running for about a hundred meters, Gu Ning stopped, because she lost the direction again.

Gu Ning had her Jade Eyes, so she was able to see things clearly in the night but Leng Shaoting couldn’t. Therefore, Gu Ning gave him the night-luminescent pearl, and they started to search for traces of people’s footsteps.

Before long, Gu Ning found some, so they ran ahead following the traces. They followed the traces for over three hundred meters then came to another small road with traces of tire tracks. Gu Ning and Leng Shaoyu thought that those men might have taken another car to escape after they had dragged Gu Man and the chauffeur here.

Nevertheless, there were no surveillance cameras here, so they didn’t know which direction the car left in. Accordingly, Gu Ning and Leng Shaoting had to search for them in two opposite directions.

Gu Ning ran rapidly ahead, checking the surroundings at the same time. She knew that they could have stopped anywhere by the road.

Chapter 568 Tang Yunfan Is Awake

Gu Ning couldn’t figure out why those people had to abduct Gu Man. Gu Man just came to City B, and she stayed in the Tang family’s house or Gu Ning’s house the entire time. It wasn’t likely that Gu Man had annoyed someone. Or, did Gu Ning ignore something?

Gu Ning wasn’t very clear about the Tang family’s history, so she didn’t know that Gu Man was abducted precisely because of the Tang family.

It was a long, thin road and Leng Shaoting ran for over 10 minutes before he finally found a broad road. Luckily, there were surveillance cameras at the intersection.

Leng Shaoting immediately made a call. “Check the surveillance cameras of a place to see the vehicles which have appeared within two hours. Find the owner of the MPV according to its license plate. I’ll send you my location.” Because Leng Shaohao didn’t know where it was, he sent the mobile location over. After that, he called Gu Ning at once.

“You can wait there, and keep on tracing after you get the answer. I haven’t found any useful information here, so I’ll walk ahead,” Gu Ning said. Leng Shaoting was just investigating, but hadn’t found Gu Man yet, so she couldn’t give up.

“Sure. You have to be careful and call me whenever you find anything useful,” Leng Shaoting said. Although he was worried about Gu Ning’s safety, they had to search for Gu Man in different directions.

“I will,” Gu Ning said, then hung up.

She went further ahead in the following hours, and there were no villages around, but Gu Ning had no intention to turn back, and went further and further along the road.

About twenty minutes later, Leng Shaoting received a call. The surveillance cameras of this intersection were destroyed at around six pm and only the surveillance cameras of the roads on both sides of the intersection were still working

Within two hours, a total of 116 vehicles passed through the broad road. The information on the license plate numbers (owner and model) and the exact times the vehicles passed had been sent to his mailbox.

“Continue to track the whereabouts of these vehicles to see whether anything unusual happens,” said Leng Shaoting. Even though he got the information on these vehicles, he didn’t know which one was abnormal.

However, since the surveillance cameras of this intersection were destroyed in the afternoon, there was a possibility of 80% that this was where the kidnappers had passed, or it was just a trick to attract their attention away from the right direction the kidnappers escaped in.

In the process of tracing them, Leng Shaoting sensed that their enemy was very brilliant, so it was possible that they were being trapped. Leng Shaoting called Gu Ning again, but Gu Ning’s phone was busy.

Gu Ning was actually talking to a man who called her using Gu Man’s mobile phone. “You are Gu Ning, right? Come alone to the abandoned warehouse at the western suburb. I’ll tell you the specific address when you arrive there. Remember, you must come alone. If I see anyone following behind you, your mother will be punished!”

“No problem,” Gu Ning said coldly with a serious look on her face. She didn’t threaten the man on the phone, in case he would be annoyed and hurt Gu Man.

After that, Gu Ning immediately clicked the map open on her mobile phone to search for the location of the abandoned warehouse at the western suburb. Coincidentally, Gu Ning was precisely at the western suburb now, but she was still one kilometer away from the abandoned warehouse.

Gu Ning didn’t tell Leng Shaoting that she just received a strange man’s call because the man had warned her to come alone. She was also confident that she could handle it well on her own.

Gu Ning was sure that it was a trick now, because the abandoned warehouse in the western suburb was located in the opposite direction from Leng Shaoting.

She figured out that the man was actually aiming to hurt her after receiving the call. She had made many enemies in business till now, but she didn’t know who did this to her mother. No matter who he or she was, Gu Ning was determined to pay him or her back.

Without hesitation, Gu Ning ran to the abandoned warehouse in the western suburb.

In the Tang family’s house.

Tang Yunfan’s fingers moved a little, and he mumbled with anxiety and fear. “Man, please, please…”

It seemed like Tang Yunfan was regaining his consciousness, and the memory about Gu Man, but no one knew what had happened in his dream that made him so anxious.

All of a sudden, Tang Yunfan’s closed eyes opened and he sat up abruptly. He looked around, but there was nobody in his room, so he got out of his bed and walked out.

In the living hall, the members of the Tang family were gathered, except for Cao Ruihua, his military force, and Cao Wenjun, together with his Criminal Police Force, who were out to search for Gu Man. Tang Yunrong and Cao Wenxin were also here waiting for the information.

“It’s been so long! Could anything bad have happened to Gu Man?” Tang Yunrong was nervous.

“Don’t worry. She’ll be fine,” Jiang Lihua said to comfort her.

“Gu Man just came to City B, and she stayed in our house or Ningning’s house all the time. Why did she suddenly get abducted?” Tang Yunrong couldn’t figure it out.

“What? Man was abducted?”

Right at this moment, a shocked male voice sounded from upstairs, which surprised everyone in the hall. They looked over with one accord then saw Tang Yunfan walking down in a hurry.

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
“Did you say Man was abducted?” Tang Yunfan asked anxiously when he walked closer to them.

“Yunfan, you’re awake!”

However, Tang Yunfan wasn’t in the mood to care about his condition; all he wanted to know was what had happened to Gu Man.

Tang Yunhang explained it to Tang Yunfan at once. “When the chauffeur drove Gu Man back today, a MVP hit the private car to make it stop, then several men abducted Gu Man and the chauffeur. We’ve sent out many people to search for them, but we haven’t heard any good news yet.”

Hearing that, Tang Yunfan was mad.

Chapter 569 The Tang Family’s Enemy

“The person who sent those men to adduct Man must be our Tang family’s enemy,” Tang Yunfan said. If not, Gu Man wouldn’t have been abducted, because she just came to City B and hadn’t annoyed anyone.

“What?” Everyone was shocked.

If the person behind the abduction was really the Tang family’s enemy, why didn’t he abduct a member of them, but chose Gu Man? Had they found out about Gu Man’s relationship with the Tang family? If not, Gu Man wouldn’t have been abducted, because she just came to City B and hadn’t annoyed anyone. In that case, Gu Man was totally a victim.

“I need to find her!” Tang Yunfan said, running outside.

“Yunfan!” Tang Yunhang wanted to stop him, but was interrupted by Tang Haifeng. “Let him go.”

“He just woke up! It’s very dangerous if he runs out like that.” Tang Yunhang was worried. He admitted that he was selfish, and chose Tang Yunfan over Gu Man. He did feel sorry for Gu Man but it was a fact that Tang Yunfan was more important for their family.

“Didn’t you hear how Yunfan addressed Gu Man? If I guess correctly, he already regained his memory about her,” Tang Haifeng said.

Hearing that, everyone was surprised again. What? Yunfan regained his memory about Gu Man?

Tang Haifeng added, “In addition, Gu Man was abducted because of our Tang family. It’s already very inappropriate that we are staying at home. If we stop Yunfan from finding her now, Ningning and Gu Man will feel heartbroken.”

Although they had sent many people out to search for Gu Man, Tang Haifeng still felt guilty that they didn’t do it themselves, so he wouldn’t stop Tang Yunfan from doing so. He didn’t go out to search for Gu Man because he was too old, and Tang Yunhang had to stay home to protect them. The rest of the people in the Tang family were all females, so they couldn’t help. Therefore, Tang Yunfan was the perfect person to do that.

Tang Yunhang agreed with Tang Haifeng, so he said nothing. All they could do now was to hope that they would get back home safely.

“Who’s the person behind this abduction?” Tang Yunrong asked. There were so many enemies of the Tang family, so she didn’t know who the person could be.

Tang Haifeng, as the most sophisticated man in this family, opened his mouth again. “If the person behind this abduction is really our Tang family’s enemy, he must be aware of Gu Man’s relationship with us. If he knows Gu Man, he must know Ningning too. If he’s able to know that, he should be a person who’s familiar with Yunfan. I think he also has something to do with the accident which happened to Yunfan. Tang Deming was the first in our business group one who found out that Yunfan was unconscious, so the person must have a connection with Tang Deming too. Tang Deming is ambitious. They must be planning to remove Ningning from their way to the chairman seat of Tanghuang Group. However, Ningning wasn’t in City B, so they abducted Gu Man.”

Although it was just a guess, everyone thought that it was highly possible.

“If so, will he call Ningning to rescue Gu Man so that they can catch Ningning at the same time?” Tang Yunhang said worriedly.

Hearing that, everyone was astonished.

“I’ll call Ningning right now,” Tang Haifeng said.

When Gu Ning’s phone vibrated in her pocket, she had already arrived outside of the abandoned warehouse, so it wasn’t convenient for her to answer Tang Haifeng’s call. Instead, she sent Tang Haifeng a message telling him it wasn’t a right time.

Reading Gu Ning’s message, Tang Haifeng stopped calling her.

When Gu Ning approached the abandoned warehouse, she didn’t immediately call Gu Man, because she decided to attack those kidnappers and catch them by surprise.

With the help of her Jade Eyes, it shouldn’t be hard for her to find Gu Man.

A while later, Gu Ning received Tang Haifeng’s messages, and she realized that it really was a trap. However, it was too late, because Gu Ning was already here. Gu Ning sent a message back to Tang Haifeng and told him that she would be careful, then kept searching for Gu Man.

Tang Haifeng was too worried about Gu Ning’s safety, so he forgot to tell her that Tang Yunfan was awake now.

After a while, Gu Ning finally saw four men in the completely dark warehouse, but Gu Man was absent. They really aimed to catch Gu Ning! Even so, Gu Ning wouldn’t leave because she had to find out where Gu Man was from their mouths.

“Hei Zi, would the girl called Gu Ning dare to come here? Will she call the police?” a man asked with doubt.

Although Gu Ning said that she would come alone as they ordered, he didn’t believe that a young girl would have the courage to meet them.

“Since she said yes, I bet that she’ll come, because her mother is in our hands now. Moreover, I heard that the young girl isn’t simple, so we must be careful!” Hei Zi said.

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
“She’s merely a young girl! What can she do to us?” a man said with disdain.

“Exactly, but the girl is really beautiful. I feel sexually excited already seeing her picture. If the person who hired us allows us to touch her, I want to have some fun, ha-ha!” a man said with an evil smile on his face.

“Me too! Once it’s done, let’s go find some women to have some fun together!” another man said.

Hearing their talk, Gu Ning was furious. She kicked the door open all of a sudden and attacked them before they were prepared.

Because Gu Ning showed up unexpectedly, those men were soon beaten down before they could fight back. Gu Ning attacked their most vulnerable parts without hesitation, and they screamed from the pain.

Chapter 570 Gu Man Is Abducted by the Kirin Gang

Gu Ning beat them down with great force because she felt very disgusted.

All those men were on the ground moaning in pain within seconds. To their astonishment, this young girl was very strong and could easily beat them down like lightning.

Gu Ning took out ropes and tied them up, so that it was impossible for them to struggle, let alone escape. After that, she stared straight at them and asked in a cold voice, “Where is my mother?”

Gu Ning’s sharp eyes, cold expression, and imposing manner made them feel shocked and oppressed. They even felt the chill from the bottom of their feet and trembled in fear. However, they still refused to tell her. “I think that you better let us go. If you dare to kill any of us, your mother won’t stay alive!”

“Do you think that I wouldn’t dare to hurt you?” Saying that, Gu Ning took out a gun all of a sudden, then aimed at one man’s shoulder. Boom! The man shouted in pain and horror.

At this moment, they were all scared. This young girl had a gun, and she shot them without blinking her eyes! Obviously, this wasn’t the first time that she had shot a man.

“Tell me, or get killed?” Gu Ning was getting increasingly cold, and they almost lost their breath. However, they still didn’t give up threatening. “You… How dare you shoot me! We’re members of the Kirin Gang!”

The Kirin Gang? Gu Ning squinted in greater coldness, but she didn’t jump to the conclusion that the Kirin Gang had abducted Gu Man just because they were members of it. She knew that gangsters would do anything for money, so she wasn’t sure whether they had been hired by someone else to abduct Gu Man.

Therefore, Gu Ning glared at the man and asked seriously, “Do you mean that my mother is in the hands of the Kirin Gang?”

“Yes, and so what?” the man said arrogantly. He believed that this young girl had to be afraid of the Kirin Gang.

Gu Ning was indeed worried, because the Kirin Gang wasn’t the Qing Gang, and it was common that they would hurt the hostages.

Gu Ning was unwilling to waste time, so she stopped talking to them, but called Qi Tianlin at once.

When Qi Tianlin received Gu Ning’s call, he was surprised.

“Miss Gu, I’m surprised that you’d call me. What? Did you win a fortune again at the Earth Nightclub?” Qi Tianlin said in annoyance.

“I wish, because I can walk out of the Earth Nightclub without your help in that case,” Gu Ning said. She wasn’t in a good mood now.

“Well, it seems that you’re not in a good mood.” Qi Tianlin didn’t mind Gu Ning’s aggressive attitude because he found something more interesting. Gu Ning had been in a rage when they had fought against each other last time, and she had behaved like a mature woman. However, when she called him this time, she sounded like a girl who was annoyed.

“Qi, I don’t have time to argue with you now. My mother was abducted at XX Road around 8:10 pm today, and the kidnappers claim that they are members of the Kirin Gang,” Gu Ning said.

When those men heard Gu Ning talking with Qi Tianlin on the phone, they were shocked. They couldn’t believe that this young girl was able to know their head in the gang.

“Really? Give me some time. If it’s true, I promise that I’ll handle it well,” Qi Tianlin said with sincerity.

Although Qi Tianlin was still displeased with what Gu Ning had done last time, he didn’t hate her. Instead, he had the intention to make friends with her, so he, of course, wouldn’t upset her.

Gu Man wasn’t in this warehouse, and Qi Tianlin promised to help her, so Gu Ning thought that there was no need to stay here any longer.

Before Gu Ning left, she unfastened them, but beat them again to vent her anger. They were evil people, but she wasn’t willing to be involved in murder just because of them.

After that, Gu Ning left with Gu Man’s phone. Once she walked away, she called Leng Shaoting and told him what she had been through then they went to meet each other at the place where they had stopped the car.

When Leng Shaoting heard that Gu Ning had gone to meet the kidnappers alone, he was more worried than upset, because he was afraid that Gu Ning might be hurt. However, since Gu Ning was fine now, he didn’t mention it.

Tang Yunfan was also out for a long time, but he had no idea where Gu Man was. In the end, he went to the place where Gu Man had been seen last and there was an abandoned MPV.

Ten minutes later, Gu Ning received Qi Tianlin’s call.

Qi Tianlin told her that Gu Man was indeed in the hands of the Kirin Gang, and she could go to the Earth Nightclub to pick her mother up.

Hearing that, Gu Ning was finally relieved, so was Leng Shaoting. They then drove to the Earth Nightclub together.

From afar, Gu Ning and Leng Shaoting noticed a man standing at the accident scene. Gu Ning used her Jade Eyes so that she could see his face clearly. When she recognized that the man was Tang Yunfan, Gu Ning was surprised that he was already awake. It was obvious that he knew that Gu Man had been abducted.

Gu Ning stopped the car and ran to Tang Yunfan at once, followed by Leng Shaoting.

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
When they moved closer, Leng Shaoting recognized that the man was Tang Yunfan, and he was surprised too.

Tang Yunfan heard the noise, then looked at Gu Ning. He was astonished as well.

“Uncle Tang, You’re finally awake!” Gu Ning said with excitement.

Tang Yunfan, however, asked Gu Ning with anxiety, “Ningning, how is your mom now?”

“My friend has found her, and we can go to pick her up right now,” Gu Ning said.

Chapter 571 Pick Gu Man Up

Once Tang Yunfan heard that Gu Man was found he was relieved, and didn’t ask Gu Ning for more details.

Afterwards, Tang Yunfan left his car at the accident scene and got in Leng Shaoting’s car, then called Quan Mingkai.

Quan Mingkai was shocked when he saw that the caller was Tang Yunfan. Tang Yunfan told him to drive the car back, then hung up before Quan Mingkai could say a word. Without calling back, Quan Mingkai went to drive Tang Yunfan’s car back in a hurry.

After a long while, Tang Yunfan realized that there was another person in the car.

“Ningning, this is?” Tang Yunfana asked.

“Oh, he’s my friend, Leng Shaoting,” Gu Ning said but didn’t tell him that Leng Shaoting was her boyfriend.

“Nice to meet you, Mr. Tang,” Leng Shaoting said. Tang Yunfan was his future father-in-law, so he, of course, should be as polite as possible.

“Nice to meet you too, Mr. Leng,” Tang Yunfan said. He didn’t think further about his relationship with Gu Ning.

After a while of silence, Tang Yunfan suddenly said, “Ningning, I remembered everything.”

Gu Ning was struck dumb for a second. Tang Yunfan finally regained the memory about Gu Man. She felt like crying with happiness. “Great, that’s great,” she said.

“Ningning, I’m terribly sorry,” Tang Yunfan apologized to her. Although he had apologized to Gu Ning before, he had done that as Tang Yunfan, not Gu Ning’s biological father.

They were in a suburb, while the Earth Nightclub was located in downtown, and there were many traffic lights along the long distance, so it took them more than half an hour to arrive at the Earth Nightclub.

“The Kirin Gang?” Tang Yunfan frowned when they arrived.

“Yes, several members of the Kirin Gang abducted my mother, but they aren’t important figures in the gang and just took someone else’s money. The head of the Kirin Gang and I aren’t strangers and he’s willing to help me. Don’t worry. My mom is safe,” Gu Ning said.

“What? Qi Tianlin was willing to help you?” Tang Yunfan was astonished.

Qi Tianlin was notorious for his arrogance, cruelty and coldness, and only a few people were able to make friends with him. Tang Yunfan wasn’t afraid of him, but was reluctant to have conflict with him.

Leng Shaoting also felt a little uncomfortable when Gu Ning said that Qi Tianlin was willing to help her, but he said nothing.

“Shaoting, please wait for me here.” Gu Ning didn’t want Leng Shaoting to meet Qi Tianlin, because there was a long-standing grudge between them. All she wanted to do now was to pick Gu Man up and go home as soon as possible.

“Sure.” Leng Shaoting understood that it wasn’t the right time to meet Qi Tianlin, so he agreed.

After that, Gu Ning and Tang Yunfan went upstairs. They went to the same private room where Gu Ning had gambled with Qi Tianlin last time.

Five minutes earlier, Gu Man had been sent to this private room. She wasn’t physically injured, but this abduction would leave a deep mental scar on her. She felt helpless when she was caught and thought that she was going to die. Unexpectedly, half an hour ago, several rude men who had brought her here, apologized to her politely all of a sudden and even begged her to forgive them.

In the beginning, Gu Man was so confused. Even though they apologized to her, she still felt quite nervous.

A while later, an obtrusive man told her that he was Gu Ning’s friend, and that it was Gu Ning who had called him to find her.

Gu Man was relieved, but was worried that they did it in order to catch Gu Ning. However, she didn’t dare to ask him to call Gu Ning so she could talk to Gu Ning.

Qi Tianlin didn’t sense Gu Man’s worry. He thought that he had already finished his job when he found Gu Man and brought her to a safe place.

When Gu Ning and Tang Yunfan showed up together, Gu Man rounded her eyes in shock.

Tang Yunfan, on the other hand, looked at Gu Man with love, care and guilt. He knew that Gu Man had suffered a lot because of him.

Qi Tianlin was also surprised when Tang Yunfan, who was a famous figure in City B, appeared in his sight. He didn’t realize that Tang Yunfan and Gu Ning closely resembled each other until they showed up together. What is their relationship?

Qi Tianlin didn’t like gossiping but he was curious because he had done the background-check on Gu Ning, and he knew that Gu Ning was born in a single-parent family.

Is Tang Yunfan Gu Ning’s biological father? Did Tang Yunfan come here because of Gu Man too? Qin Tianlin thought he found something interesting again.

“Chairman Tang, welcome!” Qi Tianlin greeted Tang Yunfan.

“Nice to meet you,” Tang Yunfan said.

“Well, they’ve told me everything. It was a man named Zhang Yongjun who gave them money to abduct your mother and you, but you weren’t in City B, so they caught your mother,” Qi Tianlin said to Gu Ning.

Zhang Yongjun?

Neither Tang Yunfan nor Gu Ning had heard of this name, and they soon realized that the man had to be a middleman who was paid to abduct Gu Man for someone else as well.

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
“I think that you’ve already taught those four idiots who has abducted your mother an unforgettable lesson and they’re yours now too,” Qi Tianlin said. He planned to maintain a good relationship with Gu Ning, so he wouldn’t protect them.

Those hoodlums, however, knelt down on the ground at once, and begged him. “Please, we won’t do it again.”

Qi Tianlin ignored them.

Tang Yunfan and Gu Ning were also determined to pay them back.

“Please leave with my mother for now. I’ll meet you once I’m done,” Gu Ning said to Tang Yunfan. She didn’t want Gu Man to see the violence.

Chapter 572 Gu Man Faints

“Sure.” Tang Yunfan understood that Gu Ning didn’t want Gu Man to see the violent scene.

Gu Ning walked to Gu Man but Gu Man was still in shock, not because Tang Yunfan was awake, but because she saw something familiar from his eyes like they were back to 18 years ago. Did he regain his memory? Gu Man got excited, but fainted all of a sudden.

“Mom!” Gu Ning supported Gu Man at once and put her magical power into Gu Man’s body.

“Man!” Tang Yunfan also ran over and held Gu Man in his arms. He was worried and panicked a little.

“Lao Guo, have a look,” Qi Tianlin said to a man who was around 50 years old, then turned to Gu Ning. “Lao Guo is a doctor. You can let him have a look at your mother.”

“Thanks,” Gu Ning said. Gu Man still wouldn’t wake up after she secretly put her magical power into her body, so it wasn’t a bad idea to let Lao Guo have a look.

Lao Guo walked to them, and checked Gu Man’s eyes and heartbeat.

“You mother was greatly scared, so the tension on her vagus nerve[1] increased, and the syncope[2] was caused by arrhythmia (3. An arrhythmia is a problem with the rate or rhythm of your heartbeat. It means that your heart beats too quickly, too slowly, or with an irregular pattern.). Surprisingly, her pulse is becoming steady at a fast pace and she’s gradually entering a state of drowsiness. She’ll be fine when she wakes up,” Lao Guo Said.

It was because of Gu Ning’s magical power that Gu Man’s pulse was becoming steady so quickly.

Hearing that, both Gu Ning and Tang Yunfan were relieved.

After that, Tang Yunfan carried Gu Man in his arms walking outside. Gu Ning, on the other hand, stared straight at those hoodlums who had abducted Gu Man, which scared them, and they begged at once, “Miss Gu, please-please let us go. We promise we’ll never do it again.”

“Tell me, how much do you know about Zhang Yongjun?” Gu Ning said coldly.

The leader of those hoodlums said, “I only know that his name is Zhang Yongjun. He’s in his early forties. We’ve met several times, but I don’t know much about him.”

The Kirin Gang was different from the Qing Gang, and the members of the Kirin Gang could moonlight as they wanted. However, if they caused any trouble, they had to bear the result themselves.

“What was the next step after the abduction?” Gu Ning asked.

“He said that we had to abduct you both before calling him, and he’d deal with it later,” the leader said.

Gu Ning thought for a while. She was curious what the person behind this abduction planned to do next.

“Great, you can do what he ordered. Call him now,” Gu Ning said to the leader of the hoodlums. “As for the rest, if you can beat me down, you may leave safely.”

Gu Ning did what she usually did. If they could beat her in a fight, she would let them go.

“We-we can’t.” Those hoodlums almost cried. Let alone mentioning that Gu Ning was just a young girl, she had a close relationship with Qi Tianlin too, so they didn’t dare to hurt her.

“Do whatever she wants.” Qi Tianlin lazily lay on the sofa, like he was watching a show. He understood that it was impossible that they would win.

Since Qi Tianlin said that, they had to attack Gu Ning. However, before they could touch Gu Ning, they were violently beaten down on the ground within a few minutes.

Except for Qi Tianlin, who remained calm watching it, the others were all astonished.

Gu Ning didn’t have time to waste on them, so she finished the punishment as soon as possible.

“Qi, I still need to deal with something else now, so I have to go, but I’ll take this man with me,” Gu Ning said to Qi Tianlin.

“Bye, Miss Gu, and I do hope that we can gamble again next time.”

Normally, Qi Tianlin wouldn’t let Gu Ning go like that, but Gu Ning was busy today, so he agreed. Although he had lost last time, he wanted to win a round.

“As long as you have enough money, why not?” Gu Ning said arrogantly.

“All I have is money,” Qi Tianlin said with arrogance too. However, once he said it, he felt that something was wrong. Gu Ning said that on purpose, because it meant that he was doomed to lose.

“Very well, then I’ll come again to take your money the next time,” Gu Ning smiled.

Qi Tianlin pulled his lips.

The leading hoodlum also followed Gu Ning walking out, and he hoped that Gu Ning would let him go after his cooperation.

Once Gu Ning left, Lao Guo asked Qi Tianlian, “Is that girl the one who sold you the pills?”. Although he asked, he already had the answer in his heart. In fact, Lao Guo admired Gu Ning, because her pills were really effective, but he had tried to figure out its formula for a long time in vain.

“Yes,” Qi Tianlin said.

Hearing that, Lao Guo thought that Gu Ning couldn’t be an ordinary girl. She had magical pills, and was a kung fu master. In addition, she also had a close connection with the Tang family. Although her family name was Gu, and Tang Yunfan’s was Tang, he knew that they were related to each other from their faces.

When Leng Shaoting saw Gu Man who was unconscious, being carried in Tang Yunfan’s arms, he was annoyed, because he thought that the Kirin Gang must have hurt her. He got out and opened the car door for Tang Yunfan at once.

“Mr. Tang, what happened?” Leng Shaoting asked with concern.

“Oh, luckily Man is fine. She just passed out from fear; she’ll be fine after a good sleep,” Tang Yunfan said.

Before long, Gu Ning came to meet them.

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
“Shaoting, please take them back to Huafu Hills; I need to deal with something,” Gu Ning said.

Seeing the leading hoodlum behind Gu Ning, they knew that it was about Gu Man.

“It’s very dangerous.” Tang Yunfan frowned. Although he knew that Gu Ning wasn’t weak, she was alone after all.

[1] The vagus nerve is historically cited as the pneumogastric nerve, is the tenth cranial nerve or CN X, and interfaces with the parasympathetic control of the heart, lungs, and digestive tract.

(2] A syncope is a temporary loss of consciousness usually related to insufficient blood flow to the brain. It’s also called fainting or “passing out.”

Chapter 573 Zhang Yongjun And Zhang Yongjian

Leng Shaoting was also worried about Gu Ning, but he chose to trust her. Moreover, once Gu Ning made up her mind, nobody could change her decision.

“Don’t worry. I’ll be fine,” Gu Ning said.

“Fine.” Tang Yunfan didn’t insist. “Be careful!”

“I will,” Gu Ning said.

When Leng Shaoting drove his car away, Gu Ning got in the leading hoodlum’s car, then she called Tang Haifeng and told him that everyone was safe.

Hearing that, all the members of the Tang family were relieved.

“Oh, your Uncle Tang is awake, and he left to search for your mother,” Tang Haifeng said.

“I’ve met him, and we were just together,” Gu Ning said.

“Great,” Tang Haifeng said. “Do you know who abducted your mother?”

“I’ll tell you when I get back,” Gu Ning said.

“OK,” Tang Haifeng said.

Twenty minutes later, the leading hoodlum brought Gu Ning to a warehouse, and called Zhang Yongjun as Gu Ning ordered.

A middle-aged man was reading in the study on the second floor of a house. Right at this moment, his phone rang. Seeing the caller’s name, the man answered in a hurry. “How is it?”

“Hi, we’ve caught them,” Hong Fen, the leading hoodlum, said.

“Very well, I’ll be right there,” the man said, then hung up. After that, he didn’t leave right away, but used another phone to make a call. “How is everything going?”

“We’re still searching.”

“Great, meet me at the eastern warehouse in 20 minutes,” he said. After that, he walked out of the study going down to a basement. In the basement, there were piles of groceries, but in addition to groceries, there was a man tied to a chair, with two tall bulky men standing by his sides.

The middle-aged man looked at the man who was tied to a chair with an evil expression on his face. “Zhang Yongjun, you should pay for what you’ve done today.”

It turned out that this middle-aged man wasn’t Zhang Yongjun, the man who was tied to a chair was.

Zhang Yongjun glared at him, but couldn’t say a word because his mouth was sealed.

The middle-aged man looked at Zhang Yongjun struggling, then laughed with pride. “Do you want to talk? Well, since you’re going to die because of me, I’ll let you say your final words,” he said, then removed the seal from Zhang Yongjun’s mouth.

In fact, Zhang Yongjun and the middle-aged man closely resembled each other.

“Zhang Yongjian, I’m your biological younger brother! How can you do this to me!” Zhang Yongjun shouted in anger.

“Oh, my little younger brother,” Zhang Yongjian said with a twisted face, “our parents left everything to you, but I’m their older son and I should have taken over everything, not you.”

What their parents had done left a deep mental scar on Zhang Yongjian’s heart, and he was determined to get what belonged to him back.

“You…” Zhang Yongjun was furious. “Our parents did that because you’re addicted to gambling and you’ll lose every coin in a casino!”

“Their properties should be mine, and I can do whatever I want with them!” Zhang Yongjian raised his voice.

“How come our parents’ properties are yours? They can give their wealth to anyone they want!” Zhang Yongjun shouted.

“I’m their older son, and their properties should be mine!” Zhang Yongjian said.

“It isn’t written down as a law!” Zhang Yongjun argued.

Although normally the eldest son was the heir of a family’s properties, it wasn’t written down as a law. Instead, each of the children had the right to inherit their parents’ properties. In addition, parents also had the right to choose any one of their children to be the sole heir.

Moreover, Zhang Yongjian could have a hundred thousand yuan as dividends every year. Their family business wasn’t very profitable after all, it was just a farm. Their annual income was around four hundred thousand yuan every year at the most.

Zhang Yongjian could have the money without making any effort, but Zhang Yongjun had to run the farm well to gain profits.

“I don’t care. I want their properties!” Zhang Yongjian almost roared.

“You…” Zhang Yongjun was speechless.

“Alright, get him in the car. We need to move now!” Zhang Yongjian stopped talking to Zhang Yongjun, then a tall man lifted Zhang Yongjun up, walking out of the basement.

Twenty minutes later, Zhang Yongjian’s group arrived at the eastern warehouse.

Zhang Yongjian didn’t tell Hong Fen his plan, so he left Zhang Yongjun alone in the car, then walked into the warehouse with two tall bulky men. Zhang Yongjun was tied tightly after all, and he couldn’t escape.

However, when Zhang Yongjian walked inside, there were only Hong Fen and Gu Ning in the warehouse. Besides, Gu Ning, who should be tied to a chair, was sitting on it and seemed relaxed.

“Hong Fen, what’s going on here?” Zhang Yongjian questioned Hong Fen.

Hong Fen was like a sidekick in front of Gu Ning now. If Gu Ning didn’t give an order, he didn’t dare to open his mouth.

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
“You’re Zhang Yongjun?” Gu Ning asked.

Zhang Yongjian ignored Gu Ning but asked Hong Fen, “Hong Fen, what the hell are you doing?” He realized that Hong Fen had betrayed him, but he wanted to know why.

Gu Ning didn’t mind that Zhang Yongjian had ignored her, then turned to Hong Fen. “Tell him.”

“Well, she’s our head’s friend…”

Zhang Yongjian had hired several members of the Kirin Gang to abduct a friend of their head which, of course, wouldn’t work.

Chapter 574 Fingerprint Identification

Zhang Yongjian had a feeling of sheer panic. What? She’s a friend of the head of the Kirin Gang? How is it possible?

Gu Ning sneered, “Mr. Zhang, my mother and I have never harmed you. Why did you want to abduct us?”

Zhang Yongjian remained silent because he didn’t know how to answer. He, of course, was afraid to annoy the Kirin Gang. Since he had made a terrible mistake, his future would be full of danger.

All of a sudden, Zhang Yongjian remembered Zhang Yongjun who was locked in the car at the outside, and an idea dawned on him. “I think that you have probably mistaken me for Zhang Yongjun but I’m his older brother, Zhang Yongjian. I have no idea what Yongjun did to you and your mother. I just followed Yongjun here because I didn’t want him to commit any crimes. Oh, he’s still in the car outside, and I already tied him up. Please wait for a while,” saying that, he turned to one of the two bulky men. “You, get Zhang Yongjun here right now.”

Gu Ning didn’t stop him. Although she didn’t believe Zhang Yongjian’s explanation, she was curious to see what he would do.

Before long, Zhang Yongjun who was tied up was brought inside. Once the seal was removed from Zhang Yongjun’s mouth, Gu Ning noticed that he closely resembled Zhang Yongjian.

“Wow…” Hong Fen was astonished, because even he couldn’t distinguish Zhang Yongjun from Zhang Yongjian although he had met Zhang Yongjun in person. They had met in a dark clubhouse and both of them had drunk alcohol, so it wasn’t easy to remember each other’s faces.

“Zhang Yongjian, what the hell are you doing?” Zhang Yongjun questioned once he was able to talk. He only knew that Zhang Yongjian wanted him to be a scapegoat, but he didn’t know what Zhang Yongjian had done.

“He said that it was you who hired several members of the Kirin Gang to abduct my mother and me. Is it true?” Gu Ning asked calmly. In fact, she already saw that Zhang Yongjun knew nothing about the abduction. Gu Ning wasn’t dumb.

“What? That’s insane!” Zhang Yongjun was shocked then was in a rage. “Zhang Yongjian, that’s why you want me to be a scapegoat?”

Since they were already enemies, Zhang Yongjun didn’t care about their family connection anymore.

Zhang Yongjian, on the other hand, criticized Zhang Yongjun. “Zhang Yongjun, don’t blame me for that. It was your plan and I just heard you talking to someone on the phone saying that you’ve successfully abducted the mother and daughter, so I followed you here to rescue them.”

“Zhang Yongjian, you’re indeed a poisonous snake! Do you have any evidence to prove what you just said?” Zhang Yongjun glared at Zhang Yongjian. He knew that he hadn’t done anything illegal, so he was confident that he was innocent.

“Well, there are call records on your phone,” Zhang Yongjian said. “You took my phone and you used it to call others!” Zhang Yongjun argued in anger.

“I just took your phone when we arrived here,” Zhang Yongjian said, then turned to look at Hong Fen. “Hong Fen, was the person who contacted you these days named Zhang Yongjun?”

“Yes…” Hong Fen answered, but he didn’t know whether the person who called him was Zhang Yongjian or Zhang Yongjun. However, before Hong Fen could say it aloud, Zhang Yongjian interrupted him. “Now, you hear that. Hong Fen said that it was you who called him.”

“I didn’t,” Zhang Yongjun said, but seemed weak because he knew that his older brother was determined and well-prepared to put him in jail.

“Alright, I think it’s easy to find out who really called Hong Fen,” Gu Ning said. In fact, she already had the answer in her heart, but she wanted him to expose himself.

Zhang Yongjian and Zhang Yongjun stopped arguing, looking to Gu Ning. “Where is the phone? Give it to me,” Gu Ning said.

“No problem,” Zhang Yongjian said then took out the phone walking to Gu Ning. He thought that Gu Ning was still a naive young girl and could be easily deceived. However, he had no idea it was just a trap set by Gu Ning.

“Since he said that you took his phone away earlier on, we can have a fingerprint identification to see whether it’s true,” Gu Ning said, then took out a plastic bag to keep the phone. Obviously, she didn’t want to touch it herself.

Hearing that, Zhang Yongjian was terrified. Once they did the fingerprint identification, his scheme would be exposed. Zhang Yongjun, on the other hand, was relieved.

“Mr. Zhang, what’s wrong?” Gu Ning asked on purpose. “No-nothing,” Zhang Yongjian said. He was reluctant to give the phone to Gu Ning now.

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
“Great, then give it to me now!” Gu Ning urged.

Zhang Yongjian, however, stopped walking.

“Zhang Yongjian, why did you stop?” Zhang Yongjun sneered.

Zhang Yongjian ignored him, hesitating to move a step forward. All of a sudden, he made up his mind and ordered, “Catch them, now!”

Zhang Yongjian knew that his scheme would be exposed sooner or later, so he decided to catch Gu Ning right away.

Chapter 575 Zhang Yongjian’s Confession

Zhang Yongjian thought that they were just a man and a young girl who seemed weak, so they could easily be controlled.

The two bulky men immediately ran to Gu Ning and Hong Fen.

Gu Ning, however, stayed calm, because that was exactly what she wanted. Zhang Yongjian exposed himself.

Hong Fen had witnessed how Gu Ning alone beat several men down within seconds, so he wasn’t worried about her safety. As for himself, he was confident that he could handle one man.

When the two bulky men got near, Gu Ning attacked them, so did Hong Fen.

Gu Ning threw one of them over her shoulder to the ground, and he hit the ground with a loud sound then screamed in pain. After that, Gu Ning dislocated his arms without hesitation, which tortured the bulky man.

Hong Fen, however, was still in a fierce fight with the other bulky man, and he was stunned that Gu Ning did it so smoothly.

Zhang Yongjian was also terrified, because he thought that Gu Ning was just an ordinary girl.

Zhang Yongjun was surprised too.

Zhang Yongjian instinctively turned and ran, but Gu Ning wouldn’t let him escape! Within a blink, Gu Ning came to Zhang Yongjian, then grabbed his arm, kicking him in the hollow behind his knee, which caused him to suffer great pain. Zhang Yongjian lost his balance, and knelt down at once. Afterwards, Gu Ning dislocated his arms as well making it impossible for him to run again.

Gu Ning had dislocated two men’s arms, but Hong Fen was still in the fight with the last man, so Gu Ning helped him without delay and kicked the man to the ground.

Hong Fen flushed with embarrassment.

Gu Ning wasn’t in the mood to care about his feelings, and ordered, “Gag their mouths!”

“Sure.” Hong Fen went to gag the two bulky men’s mouths at once, while Gu Ning walked to Zhang Yongjian and asked him with a serious look on her face, “Tell me, who told you to abduct my mother and me?”

Gu Ning’s sharp eyes and serious look along with her powerful air made Zhang Yongjian feel utterly stressed.

“You don’t want to say?” Gu Ning frowned. “I think you’ve lived long enough.”

Zhang Yongjian panicked. “You can’t kill me. It’s illegal.”

“Illegal?” Gu Ning laughed, like she had just heard a funny joke. “You do know that there is a thing called the law? Don’t you know that it’s illegal that you’ve abducted my mother? I bet you wanted to kill my mother too, right?”

Zhang Yongjian didn’t know what to say, because he did plan to kill Gu Man and let Zhang Yongjun be the scapegoat.

“Tell me, or not?” Gu Ning asked.

Zhang Yongjian still remained silent.

Gu Ning was displeased. She then raised one foot to step on Zhang Yongjian’s leg which wasn’t injured yet. With a clear snap, his bone was broken and he shouted from the severe pain.

“Tell me, or not?” Gu Ning asked again.

“Yes, I-I’ll tell you.” Zhang Yongjian knew that if he refused to tell Gu Ning, he would be dead today. If he told her, he would live at least.

“It’s Tang Deming,” Zhang Yongjian said. Tang Deming? A director of the Tanghuang Group? Gu Ning had heard of that name, and it seemed to be an abduction caused by business conflict. Gu Ning didn’t believe his words right away, but took out his phone and read through the call records then she sent K the information she found and told K to find out who the callers were.

While K was investigating, Gu Ning asked again, “What’s your aim?”

Zhang Yongjian then told her everything. When Tang Yunfan was unconscious, Gu Man and Gu Ning appeared, which attracted Tang Deming’s attention, and he thought that Gu Ning could be Tang Yunfan’s biological daughter. If Tang Yunfan didn’t wake up, Gu Ning would be the heir of the Tanghuang Group, which was the last thing Tang Deming, who was ambitious, wanted to see so he had schemed against Gu Ning.

Hearing that, Zhang Yongjun was shocked. To his astonishment, Zhang Yongjian was involved in such an unbelievable conspiracy! The Tang family was the top family in the City B!

Gu Ning, on the other hand, thought that it was ridiculous. “Even if I didn’t appear, there are many other choices in the Tang family. I don’t think that Tang Deming who is merely a member of a branch of the Tang family can inherit its wealth.”

“He, of course, won’t allow anyone to stand in his way,” Zhang Yongjian said.

“Do you mean that he’s going to kill all the members of the Tang family?” Gu Ning was mad.

“I don’t know the details,” Zhang Yongjian said.

Before long, K had the result. Tang Deming had contacted Zhang Yongjian frequently. It seemed very likely that Tang Deming had planned everything.

“Why did you make Zhang Yongjun the scapegoat?” Gu Ning asked.

Actually, Zhang Yongjian had already bribed a policeman in the police team that was sent out to search for Gu Man. Once he killed Gu Man and Gu Ning, he would tell the policeman where to find their bodies, and the policeman would kill Zhang Yongjun claiming that Zhang Yongjun was the murderer. In that case, nobody would know what Zhang Yongjian had done.

Although Zhang Yongjun already felt heart-broken after what he had been through today, he still couldn’t accept it when he heard his older brother’s scheme.

Gu Ning sighed. Evil people’s actions were beyond normal people’s imagination.

Right at that moment, Zhang Yongjian’s phone rang; the caller’s name was Wang Qing.

“Who’s Wang Qing?” Gu Ning asked.

“He’s the policeman that I bribed,” Zhang Yongjian said.

Gu Ning answered the call, and put it on speaker.

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
“Hi, Yongjian, we’ve found the woman, and we have to leave now,” Wang Qing said.

Hearing that, Gu Ning hung up without saying a word. Wang Qing didn’t know what was going on, but didn’t call back either.

“Hong Fen, unfasten him,” Gu Ning said.

Hong Fen unfastened Zhang Yongjun at once.

Gu Ning turned to Zhang Yongjun and warned him coldly, “Don’t tell anyone else what you’ve been through tonight. If anyone else finds out, you’ll pay for it.”

Chapter 576 Cut a Finger Off

“Of course-of course,” Zhang Yongjun said at once.

After that, Gu Ning let Zhang Yongjun go.

Once Zhang Yongjun was gone, Zhang Yongjian begged her, “Miss Gu, I’ve told you everything. Please let me go now.”

“Don’t worry. I don’t want to be involved in a murder just because of you, so I won’t kill you,” Gu Ning said.

Hearing that, Zhang Yongjian relaxed but then Gu Ning opened her mouth again. “However, you can’t leave here without paying something.”

Zhang Yongjian was scared. “What do you want?” Zhang Yongjian asked in fear.

“You don’t need to know,” Gu Ning said coldly then ignored him, but turned to Hong Fen who was frightened too.

Hong Fen understood that Gu Ning wouldn’t let him go without punishing him, so he knelt down on the ground and begged with tears, “Miss-Miss Gu, please, please forgive me this time.”

“Well, since you’ve helped me tonight, I’ll just cut one of your fingers off,” Gu Ning said, then took out a sharp knife from her back pack (telepathic eye space) and threw it in front of Hong Fen. “Do it yourself.”

Hong Fen was shaking with fright. Although he was scared, he didn’t hesitate to quickly cut his left little finger off. If he cut it slowly, he would suffer a lot more pain. The knife was really sharp, and his little finger fell on the ground within a second. Hong Fen’s face turned pale and he shouted in great pain.

Gu Ning then took out her phone to call Qi Tianlin, and told him to help her deal with Zhang Yongjian and the two bulky men. Gu Ning didn’t care whether they survived.

Afterwards, Gu Ning left, while Hong Fen had to tolerate the severe pain and guarded Zhang Yongjian there waiting for other members of the Kirin Gang

Before Gu Ning left, she ruined Zhang Yongjian’s phone, so Tang Deming couldn’t get through to him.

Right at that moment, Tang Deming was in Tang Weiyong’s place, and he had heard that the police already went back to the police station and their task was done. However, he had no idea whether Gu Man was killed or not.

The police did their job according to their leader’s orders, and their leader wouldn’t explain everything to them.

Seeing that the police were already back to the police station, and Zhang Yongjian still hadn’t reported to him, Tang Deming called him impatiently.

Tang Deming, of course, wouldn’t use his own phone to call Zhang Yongjian, but used others’ phone numbers in order to protect himself. Nevertheless, he still couldn’t get through to Zhang Yongjian no matter how many calls he made. Tang Deming and Tang Weiyong were getting anxious.

“What happened? Why isn’t Zhang Yongjian answering my calls?” Tang Deming frowned in annoyance. “Could he be in trouble?”

Tang Weiyong frowned anxiously.

“Call Xin Zi and ask him how the Tang family is doing now,” Tang Weiyong said.

“Right!” Tang Deming said then made another call.

Most of the Tang family’s domestic servants lived in the Tang family’s property, but there was more than one building on it. The domestic servants all lived in a side building. Even if they were domestic servants, their accommodations condition wasn’t bad at all. Four ordinary domestic servants shared a room, and each of the management personnel could have a room alone. All the staff had a break of two days every week, but they had to rest in shifts. Normally, they were off-duty at 8 pm.

At this time, in an ordinary quadruple room, four people were playing cards together. A young man’s mobile phone suddenly rang. When he saw the caller ID, he made an excuse before he hurriedly got up, walking outside.

“Hi,” he said carefully when nobody was around.

“Xin Zi, how is the Tang family now?” There was a voice from the phone that wasn’t a male’s or a female’s; it was obvious that the person used a voice changer.

“I’m not on duty in the front yard today so I don’t know. Only when the people who are on duty return later, will I get some information,” Xin Zi said because he couldn’t go to the front yard if he wasn’t on duty.

Domestic servants gossiped a lot, so they would spread any news by word of mouth. However, they had signed confidentiality agreements with the Tang family, so nobody was allowed to spread any news to the outside.

“Fine, call me if you get any information.”

“Sure,” Xin Zi said then hung up. However, when he turned around wanting to walk back, he saw a man who stood just a meter behind him. Xin Zi was scared, and panicked a little, but forced himself to calm down. “D-Dong Ge, when did you come out?”

Dong Ge leaned against the wall, looking at him. “Xin Zi, why did you avoid us to take the call?”

Xin Zi froze a little then explained at once. “I didn’t want to make noise.” However, his explanation wasn’t persuasive at all, because they were all used to talking loudly, and nobody would complain.

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
Dong Ge didn’t say anything, but lit a cigarette, then pulled on it. “Xin Zi, do you want to change your job?”

Xin Zi’s body stiffened.

“Of course not! I live a good life here, and I’m satisfied,” Xin Zi lied, and did his best to calm down. However, it was very hypocritical in Dong Ge’s eyes.

He wore an angry expression, saying coldly to Xin Zi, “Xin Zi, I’ve noticed your unusual behavior for a long time, but I wanted to give you a chance so I didn’t reveal your secret. I hoped you would be loyal to our old master and young lords, but you still chose to behave against the Tang family! Do you think that the Tang family can be easily unseated? Naive!”

Dong Ge’s real name was Qiao Dong, and he was an experienced leader of the waiters in the Tang family. For a long time, Xin Zi had left a good impression on him.

Chapter 577 Turn the Trick to My Own Use

However, when he found out that Xin Zi had betrayed the Tang family, he was shocked. He thought that maybe Xin Zi did it for a reason, and it hadn’t caused any damage yet, so he gave Xin Zi another chance. Unfortunately, Xin Zi wouldn’t give up.

Hearing that, Xin Zi’s face turned pale and his body trembled in fear. To his astonishment, Dong Ge knew everything he had done. He thought that nobody found out what he was doing, but actually it was Dong Ge who covered his secret for him.

“D-Dong Ge, I…” Xin Zi wanted to say something, but didn’t know what to say.

“Xin Zi, you can’t bear the result if the Tang family is mad. Do you think that they will help you if this scheme is exposed? If you don’t want to ruin your life, I think that you better stop what you’re doing right now, and be honest with Master Tang. Since you haven’t caused any damage yet, Master Tang will just chase you away and won’t ruin your life. However, if the scheme is exposed, you could die! I won’t hide this for you forever, because I’ll be punished too if I do,” Qiao Dong said seriously.

“But…” Xin Zi was terrified, but didn’t agree right away. Instead, he hesitated to say something aloud.

“Xin Zi, do you have any difficulties in your life?” Qiao Dong thought that Xin Zi must have been forced to do it.

“Dong Ge, I didn’t want to do it but they’ll hurt my son if I refuse to help them!” Xin Zi burst into tears. Once he started crying, many people walked out to see what had happened.

“Xin Zi, what’s wrong?” they all asked with concern.

“Nothing, he just received his wife’s call, and he misses his family so much that he lost control of his emotions,” Qiao Dong explained at once. He didn’t want others to know.

Xin Zi felt quite grateful that Qiao Dong helped him, but he still hesitated to confess that he had betrayed the Tang family.

Everyone felt for Xin Zi, and they also missed their families. However, they had to leave home to make money. In the Tang family, they were treated well and paid higher than their peers, so they could accept this kind of closed work, and only went back home twice a week.

“Don’t worry. I’ll stay here with him, you can go back to your rooms,” Qiao Dong said to them. They knew that Xin Zi would feel embarrassed if they stayed, so they all left.

“Xin Zi, I have deep sympathy for you, but you still can’t get away with it. I;ll give you a night to think about it. If you don’t tell Master Tang what you’ve done tomorrow, I’ll do it. You know it’s Master Tang who saved my life and has given me everything that I own right now. I already feel very guilty for hiding it from Master Tang, and I’ll never betray the Tang family,” Qiao Dong said, then walked back to his room.

When Gu Ning went back to her house in Huafu Hills, it was almost 12 pm.

Leng Shaoting was sitting in the living room when Gu Ning got home. He stood up at once when he saw her walking inside. Knowing that she was safe, Leng Shaoting was finally relieved.

“Why didn’t you call me to pick you up?” Leng Shaoting asked with concern.

Gu Ning smiled. “I could take a taxi myself. Is he still here?”

He was, of course, Tang Yunfan.

“Yes,” Leng Shaoting said.

“Well, have a seat please. I’ll go upstairs,” Gu Ning said.

“Sure,” Leng Shaoting said then Gu Ning walked upstairs.

Gu Man’s room wasn’t locked and the door remained ajar. She was sleeping on the bed, and Tang Yunfan was sitting by the bedside holding her hand in silence.

“Uncle Tang, can we talk?” Gu Ning pushed the door open and asked him. She didn’t want to bother Tang Yunfan, but it was an emergency, so they had to solve it as soon as possible.

“Sure.” Tang Yunfan understood that it had to be something about Gu Man, so he followed Gu Ning, walking to the study.

After Gu Ning told him what Zhang Yongjian had done, Tang Yunfan was furious. “Damn it! How dare they do that to you!”

Even Gu Ning felt a little scared by Tang Yunfan’s anger.

“Although we have many enemies, I think it’s very likely that Tang Deming has schemed against us,” Tang Yunfan said. “However, I don’t think that he could do it alone. There must be someone else behind him. The person is very cunning and even I have no idea who he or she is. This car accident could also be a part of their scheme.”

Hearing that, Gu Ning was mad too. A scheme! She used to think that it was just an accident!

Tang Yunfan added, “I’m the only person in the Tang family who can run the business well. My father is too old to do it while Jiayang is too young, so they took action the moment I fell into a coma.”

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
“If so, we can seize this chance and find out who the person behind the scene is,” Gu Ning said.

Hearing that, Tang Yunfan immediately understood Gu Ning’s meaning. “Do you mean I can pretend that I’m still unconscious, and turn their trick to our use?”

“Yes,” Gu Ning replied. Tang Yunfan agreed too. “Luckily, it is already dark outside. I think you better go back to the Tang family’s house now and keep lying on the bed. I’ll bring my mom to visit you tomorrow,” Gu Ning said.

Although Tang Yunfan was unwilling to leave, he had to do it because they were going to catch their enemy tomorrow.

When Gu Ning walked Tang Yunfan to the living room, Tang Yunfan was surprised that Leng Shaoting had stayed.

Chapter 578 Many People Couldn’t Sleep

Although Tang Yunfan felt that it was a little inappropriate that Leng Shaoting stayed at Gu Ning’s place when it was already 12 pm, he didn’t think further because Leng Shaoting had helped them search for Gu Man today.

“Shaoting, would you mind sending Uncle Tang back to the Tang family’s house?” Gu Ning said.

“Of course not,” Leng Shaoting said standing up.

“Thanks,” Tang Yunfan said politely.

“My pleasure,” Leng Shaoting said.

After that, Leng Shaoting drove Tang Yunfan home.

On the way, they seldom talked, because Tang Yunfan was still thinking about what had happened today. He had no idea that Leng Shaoting was Gu Ning’s boyfriend. If he had known, he would have talked to him to get familiar with him. After a while, Tang Yunfan received Tang Haifeng’s call, and Tang Yunfan told Tang Haifeng that he would be back soon. Therefore, Tang Haifeng decided to wait for him.

Leng Shaoting left right after Tang Yunfan arrived at the Tang family’s house.

Tang Haifeng had warned everyone not to tell anyone else that Tang Yunfan was awake now, otherwise, they would be punished. The Tang family was in danger now, so they had to be very careful and stay alert.

Qiao Dong only knew that Xin Zi had leaked the news that Tang Yunfan had been unconscious for many days, but he didn’t know why Gu Man was abducted this time, so he had no idea whether Xin Zi had something to do with the abduction.

In the living room, Tang Haifeng; Tang Yunhang and his wife; Cao Ruihua and his wife; as well as Cao Wenjun and Cao Wenxin were all waiting for Tang Yunfan. “How is it?” Tang Haifeng asked in a hurry when Tang Yunfan was back.

“Let’s go to the study,” Tang Yunfan said then walked upstairs.

Only Cao Wenjun and Cao Wenxin were left in the living room, while the others all followed Tang Yunfan walking upstairs.

Tang Yunfan then told them everything, and they weren’t surprised that Tang Deming had schemed against them because they always knew that he was ambitious. However, they were all in a rage.

Normally, the members of the Tang family were polite and kind, but they wouldn’t hesitate to get revenge on their enemies once someone dared hurt them.

As for Tang Yunfan’s plan that he would pretend to be unconscious to catch the person behind the scheme, they all agreed.

“I wonder who leaked the information; we still couldn’t find out after so many days!” Tang Yunrong was mad.

“Since when has the Tang family become so vulnerable!? How come we haven’t caught the person who betrayed us?” Tang Yunfan frowned in annoyance. Actually, it was Qiao Dong who kept it a secret on purpose.

When Leng Shaoting left the Tang family’s house, he drove back to Huafu Hills.

Gu Ning told Leng Shaoting to stay in the house tonight, but they couldn’t share the same room. Leng Shaoting understood that she wasn’t in a good mood after what she had been through today, so he went to sleep in the guest room.

That night, many people couldn’t sleep.

Gu Ning couldn’t sleep because Gu Man had been abducted. Although Gu Man was back safely, it would leave a deep scar on her heart. Gu Ning was determined to find out who the person behind Tang Deming’s back was, and torture them to the best of her ability.

Leng Shaoting couldn’t sleep because he was worried about Gu Ning.

Members of the Tang family couldn’t sleep because their family and family business was still in danger.

Xin Zi couldn’t sleep because he didn’t know whether he should confess to betraying the Tang family, because he was afraid that his son would be killed.

Tang Deming and Tang Weiyong also couldn’t sleep, because they failed to get through to Zhang Yongjian or Xin Zi, and had no idea how their scheme progressed.

The next day, Gu Man woke up around 7 am; Leng Shaoting and Gu Ning were already preparing the breakfast.

Gu Man stayed in bed for nearly half an hour before she got up. After what she had been through yesterday, Gu Man was still a little frightened, but she still felt pleased that Tang Yunfan was awake now. Since Tang Yunfan was already awake, should she go to the Tang family’s house again? Gu Man was also curious whether Tang Yunfan had regained his memory about her. Gu Man had no idea what she should do now. When she walked downstairs, she was surprised to see Leng Shaoting.

“Hi, good morning!” Leng Shaoting greeted her.

“Shaoting, why are you here?” Gu Man asked.

“Oh, it was too late last night, so I told Shaoting to stay here,” Gu Ning explained before Leng Shaoting opened his mouth.

Hearing that, Gu Man didn’t think further but thanked Leng Shaoting. “Shaoting, thank you for everything you’ve done for us.”

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
“You’re welcome. Actually it’s Ningning’s friend who found you,” Leng Shaoting said.

“Well, you did help us a lot,” Gu Man said to comfort him.

“Alright, let’s have breakfast now! We’ll go to the Tang family’s house later,” Gu Ning said.

“Do we need to go there again?” It wasn’t because Gu Man was unwilling to do so, but she didn’t understand why they would go to the Tang family’s house again since Tang Yunfan was already awake now.

“Well, it’s a little complicated. It was because of scheme that you were abducted this time. The Tang family’s enemies want to remove us from their way to the chairman seat of the Tang family’s business group. Although Uncle Tang is awake now, we have to turn the trick to our use and find out who the person behind this scheme is, so Uncle Tang will pretend that he is still unconscious and we have to visit him as usual,” Gu Ning said but she didn’t mention that Tang Yunfan had already regained his memory.

Chapter 579 Chase Away from the Tang Family

Gu Man found it unbelievable and scary after hearing Gu Ning’s explanation. She nodded and agreed, but didn’t say another word.

In the Tang family’s house at this moment.

Xin Zi had struggled the entire night, but decided to confess to everything that he had done in the end, so he followed Qiao Dong to see Tang Haifeng after breakfast.

Tang Yunhang and his wife were at work, while Tang Yunfan was pretending that he was still unconscious in his bedroom, so only Tang Haifeng was in the house now.

Qiao Dong told Xin Zi to wait outside for a while and he went inside first. “Master Tang, Xin Zi has something to tell you.”

“Tell him to come in,” Tang Haifeng said, and didn’t think further.

Afterwards, Qiao Dong brought Xin Zi walking inside.

Xin Zi came to Tang Haifeng with his body trembling in fear and guilt then knelt down to the ground with a loud sound, which surprised Tang Haifeng.

“Master Tang, I’m so sorry. It was me who leaked the news that Lord Tang has been unconscious and Lord Tang’s relationship with Miss Gu,” Xin Zi apologized, but also explained. “I was forced to do so. If I didn’t listen to them, they would kill my son.”

Hearing that, Tang Haifeng was shocked, then got furious before he calmed down when he heard Xin Zi’s last sentence. As a father, Tang Haifeng understood why Xin Zi did it. However, Xin Zi made a terrible mistake and betrayed the Tang family.

Qiao Dong didn’t know that Xin Zi had also leaked Tang Yunfan’s relationship with Gu Ning and Gu Man until now. In that case, Gu Man’s abduction was all because of the Tang

family.

Although Tang Yunfan and Gu Ning’s connection was still kept a secret, all the domestic servants in the Tang family knew that Gu Ning couldn’t be a simple girl.

If Gu Man and Gu Ning were Tang Yunfan’s wife and daughter, Gu Man abduction must have been a scheme against the Tang family.

“Tell me, who threatened you to do it?” Tang Haifeng questioned Xin Zi. Although he believed that the person had to be Tang Deming, he still needed to hear the answer from Xin Zi’s mouth.

Xin Zi felt very guilty and said, “I-I don’t know. I only know the person’s phone number. I even have no idea whether it’s a he or a she, because the person used a voice changer on the phone.”

Hearing that, both Tang Haifeng and Qiao Dong frowned. It didn’t seem like Xin Zi was lying.

“The person sent me a photo of my son in the school and threatened me to help him, or my son would be killed,” Xin Zi added.

“Give me the person’s phone number,” Tang Haifeng said.

“Sure.” Xin Zi immediately took out his phone, and Tang Haifeng told Qiao Dong to find the information of the ID card behind the number.

“Although you’ve betrayed us under another person’s threat, you’ve made an unforgivable mistake,” Tang Haifeng said.

Xin Zi didn’t beg for forgiveness because he knew that it was unforgivable.

Tang Haifeng planned to punish Xin Zi in the beginning, but gave up upon realizing that Xin Zi did it all because of his son. “Alright, get out of the Tang family’s house now. If you don’t want your son to be in danger again, leave City B.”

In Qiao Guanxiang’s apartment..

Qiao Guanxiang was sleeping on the sofa like a rat in water. He looked tired and haggard with messy hair and empty eyes. There was stubble around his mouth and his body was soaked in the smell of alcohol. There were also beer bottles on the table in front of the sofa.

It had been three days, but he still couldn’t find Xia Yichu. Xia Yichu’s old phone number was also canceled, so he was in despair now and was drowning in alcohol.

At that moment, Pei Hena got back. She was also in a bad mood and condition after Xia Yichu had disappeared. When she saw that Qiao Guanxiang was drunk again, she was annoyed at once. “Qiao Guanxiang, don’t you know that we’re about to be doomed? Why are you still drinking here?”

“What else can I do except drink? I can’t find Xia Yichu, nor get through to her,” Qiao Guanxiang shouted in anger.

“Xia Yichu is such a bitch! i’ll pay her back when I catch her!” Pei Hena also shouted to vent her anger. Interestingly enough both of them were doomed, but Pei Hena still wanted to pay Xia Yichu back.

Before long, Qiao Guanxiang’s phone rang and he picked it up.

The caller was a business party and asked whether Pei Hena was free in a week’s time. They wanted to invite her to sing at an event and asked for a live sound. Live sound meant that she had to sing live. Sound reproduction meant that they would play the recorded song, and the singer would lip-synch. In many events, the host would use sound reproduction for a better effect, and only asked for a live sound when the singer needed to interact with the audience.

However, Xia Yichu had already left them, and Qiao Guanxiang didn’t dare to accept the offer, because Xia Yichu could expose their dirty secret at any moment. That being the case, Qiao Guanxiang lied that Pei Hena accidentally hurt her foot, and that she had to rest for a month.

Hearing Qiao Guanxiang’s reply, Pei Hena was upset, but she knew that she didn’t have the ability to sing live, on stage in front of cameras. What was worse, they couldn’t lie forever.

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
In the capital, Xia Yichu had found a nice apartment after she had signed the contract, and she went to do a check up on her injury in the hospital later. After that, Xia Yichu began to use the medicine that Gu Ning had given her. When the potion was applied on her scar, she felt quite comfortable and the nasty scar started to fade, which surprised her.

“Wow!” Xia Yidong saw it fading with his own eyes, and couldn’t believe that it was real.

“It’s real. It’s real!” Xia Yichu cried in excitement. She could finally get rid of the scar, and regain her beautiful face.

“This is so amazing!” Xia Yidong was even more excited than Xia Yichu, because his older sister was his only family member.

Xia Yichu applied the potion on her scar in the following days, and the scar disappeared after three days.

Chapter 580 Is She Gorgeous?

When Xia Yichu came to the company again after a few days, everyone was stunned.

“Are-are you really Xia Yichu?” someone asked. In fact, a scar couldn’t affect a person’s overall facial features, so others still recognized Xia Yichu at first glance, but the scar disappeared too fast, which was beyond belief.

“Are you Xia Yichu’s twin sister?” another person asked.

Xia Yichu was amused. “I’m Xia Yichu.”

Hearing that, everyone was surprised again.

“Did you have plastic surgery?” someone asked.

However, it wasn’t very likely, because it took at least a few months to recover from plastic surgery, but Xia Yichu became beautiful after just three days.

“I didn’t,” Xia Yichu said.

Xia Yichu understood that they were all surprised, but she wouldn’t tell them the real reason without Gu Ning’s permission, so she made an excuse to meet Lu Xiao in his office.

When Lu Xiao saw Xia Yichu, he was stunned as well. It was unreasonable that she couldn’t be popular with such a beautiful face and outstanding singing voice.

“Did you have plastic surgery?” Lu Xiao asked the same question.

“No, I used the potion boss gave me,” Xia Yichu said. There was no need for her to hide it from Lu Xiao.

“Really?” Lu Xiao was more curious about Gu Ning now. He hadn’t met her yet, but he believed that she couldn’t be a simple girl. In addition, Gu Ning was able to become Leng Shaoting’s girlfriend, which was a miracle in Lu Xiao’s eyes.

All of a sudden, Lu Xiao asked with curiosity, “By the way, how much do you know about our boss?”

“Not much. I just met her once, and it was actually a big gamble for me to leave City B for the capital and work for Fenghua Entertainment,” Xia Yichu said. She felt very lucky to have met Gu Ning and changed her future.

Lu Xiao, of course, was very clear about what Xia Yichu had been through, because he needed to deal with Qiao Guanxiang for her as her leader.

“Is she gorgeous?” Lu Xiao asked again. He thought that Leng Shaoting was extraordinarily handsome, so Gu Ning had to be a beauty too.

Xia Yichu, however, was surprised that Lu Xiao had never met Gu Ning before.

Seeing Xia Yichu being so surprised, Lu Xiao explained. “I didn’t meet our boss, because it was our boss’s boyfriend who assigned me this task to manage this company for the time being. When I successfully help our boss train another person to be a qualified manager, my task is fulfilled.” After that, he said, “Don’t tell anyone about that. Keep it a secret!”

“Sure, I won’t,” Xia Yichu said at once.

“Oh, your agent is already here. Although you’re a good singer, you still need to work hard and make progress in the future. Since you’ve never been on the stage before, you have to learn more skills for that. Don’t worry, we’ll arrange comprehensive classes for you before your debut,” Lu Xiao said.

“Thanks, Manager Lu,” Xia Yichu said.

Tang Deming called Zhang Yongjian again in the morning, but still couldn’t get through to Zhang Yongjian, and he started to feel that their scheme could have been exposed.

He called Xin Zi later, and Xin Zi answered his call.

“They found Gu Man yesterday, but Gu Man didn’t go back to the Tang family’s house, so I don’t know the details,” Xin Zi said.

Tang Haifeng allowed him to say that, because it would arouse suspicion if Xin Zi didn’t answer the call and Xin Zi’s son would get hurt.

Hearing that, Tang Deming believed Xin Zi.

When Xin Zi left the Tang family’s house, he called his wife and told her to not send their son to school today, and that they would be going back to their hometown.

When Gu Ning was about to set off for the Tang family’s house, Leng Shaoting told Gu Ning that he had to leave.

In fact, Leng Shaoting had received a call early in the morning, but he didn’t leave until he had shared breakfast with them.

Gu Ning understood that Leng Shaoting was assigned a task, and that he had to leave to fulfill it.

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
Gu Ning and Gu Man then walked Leng Shaoting to the door after breakfast, and Leng Shaoting left Gu Ning unwillingly.

In the beginning, Gu Man didn’t believe that Gu Ning already had a boyfriend at such a young age but she changed her mind when she noticed Leng Shaoting looking tenderly at Gu Ning. If they were just common friends, he wouldn’t be so unwilling to leave her Therefore, once Leng Shaoting was gone, Gu Man asked Gu Ning seriously, “Ningning, are you sure Shaoting is just your friend?”

Every mother cared about her daughter’s

ionship, because young girls could be easily deceived by men when they were in love. Although Leng Shaoting had left a good impression on Gu Man and they had gotten along well during the past few days, Gu Man still knew very little about him. Most importantly, Gu Ning was very young and Gu Man was worried about her safety.

Gu Ning was struck dumb for a second then said, “Mom, since you already have doubts, I don’t want to lie to you. Shaoting is my boyfriend and we love each other very much. We’re not just playing. I think he’s my Mr. Right and both of us hope that we can get married someday in the future.”

Chapter 581 I’m So Sorry

“Because I’m under age, we can’t get married right now, and he wants to be engaged with me first. Mom, I care about your feelings, so I didn’t tell you,” Gu Ning added.

Although Gu Man already had the answer, she was still surprised when Gu Ning admitted it.

After a while of silence, Gu Man asked with worry, “Are you sure he’s willing to marry you? Can he wait for so many years?”

“Mom, I understand that you’re afraid that I’ll be hurt, but I believe that Shaoting won’t do that. His parents passed away when he was just a kid, so he became very cold to others in order to protect himself. People around him all believed that he would live his life alone and die alone, but everything has changed ever since he met me. He treats me very well, and I feel like I’m the happiest person in this world,” Gu Ning said with sincerity. “Even if we can’t get married in the future, I won’t regret. Anyway, very few people can actually marry their first love.”

Hearing that, Gu Man had a deep sympathy for Leng Shaoting. Actually, Gu Man was worried not because she didn’t like Leng Shaoting, but because she thought that Gu Ning was too young and it wasn’t realistic. If they could get married in the future and live a happy life afterwards Gu Man would, of course, be happy for them. All a mother wanted was for her daughter to live a happy life.

Nevertheless, Gu Man also agreed with Gu Ning that few people could marry their first love. If Gu Ning and Leng Shaoting couldn’t be together forever, it was normal.

Gu Man didn’t say anything further, which meant that she accepted it.

Afterwards, they went to the Tang family’s house together.

Tang Haifeng was talking with Zhao Yiru when they arrived.

It was Zhao Yiru who had told them that Tang Yunfan had stayed unconscious because of his obsession, so Tang Haifeng, of course, had to tell him that Tang Yunfan was awake now.

Zhao Yiru wasn’t very surprised when he heard that Tang Yunfan was awake now, because he knew that he was right.

“Yiru, thank you so much for your help,” Tang Haifeng said gratefully.

“My pleasure,” Zhao Yiru said. They had known each other for dozens of years, and he was more than willing to help Tang Haifeng. If Tang Haifeng didn’t trust him, he wouldn’t have known that Tang Yunfan had been unconscious for many days.

There were many enemies of the Tang family in City B, but the Tang family also had many allies. However, Tang Haifeng didn’t tell any of them, because it was highly confidential.

“Oh, I heard that your family encountered trouble yesterday. How is it now?” Zhao Yiru asked with concern.

“Yes, Gu Man was abducted because of us, but she was brought home safely last night. Luckily, nothing bad happened to her or I’d feel really guilty,” Tang Haifeng said feeling sad. Gu Man came here to help them wake Tang Yunfan up, but they failed to protect her well.

“Good to hear that.” Zhao Yiru was also relieved.

At that moment, the housekeeper guided Gu Ning and Gu Man inside. Tang Haifeng stood up at once when they appeared in his sight. “Hi, good morning!”

“Good morning, Master Tang.”

“Good morning, grandpa.”

Gu Man and Gu Ning greeted Zhao Yiru with one accord.

“Gu Man, I’m so sorry for what you’ve been through,” Tang Haifeng apologized to Gu Man.

“Master Tang, it’s fine. I’m safe now,” Gu Man said.

“Well, let me introduce you. This is my old friend, Master Zhao,” Tang Haifeng said to them.

“Nice to meet you, Master Zhao.” Gu Man and Gu Ning greeted Zhao Yiru with one accord.

“Nice to meet you too!” Zhao Yiru said with a smile.

Zhao Yiru already knew about Gu Ning’s family connection with Tang Yunfan, so he wasn’t surprised when he saw that Gu Ning closely resembled Tang Yunfan.

Tang Yunfan noticed Gu Man coming from the widow on the second floor, and he was eager to meet her downstairs. However, he had to stay in the room, in case there were more of Tang Deming’s helpers in the Tang family’s house.

Fortunately, Gu Ning soon brought Gu Man upstairs. Although Tang Yunfan regained his memory, they still needed time to get familiar with each other.

“Ningning, I…” Gu Man was nervous to see Tang Yunfan again.

“Mom, relax. I’ll be here with you!” Gu Ning clasped Gu Man’s hand to comfort her.

Even though Gu Man still felt quite nervous, she also understood that she had to face it.

“Man!” The moment they walked in Tang Yunfan’s room, Tang Yunfan greeted her in a tender voice. Although they had been apart for 18 years, it seemed like everything had happened yesterday because Tang Yunfan had just regained his memory and his memory was so clear.

Gu Man was touched when Tang Yunfan called her.

“You…” Gu Man opened her mouth, but couldn’t say another word.

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
“Yes, I remembered everything!” Tang Yunfan said at once.

Hearing that, Gu Man burst into tears and almost fell down. She had been missing him for so many years and he finally remembered who she was! In addition, Tang Yunfan regained his memory about her, and she could see his love for her in his eyes. Therefore, Gu Man lost control of her emotions when she saw that her Ning was back at her side.

“Man, are you alright?” Tang Yunfan ran to support Gu Man without hesitation.

Gu Ning and Tang Yunfan helped Gu Man sit down on the sofa, and Gu Ning secretly put her power into Gu Man’s body in case Gu Man would pass out from emotional turbulence.

“You two can talk for awhile and I’ll go downstairs.” Gu Ning thought that it would be better if they chatted with one another alone, so she quietly left.

Chapter 582 Lin Tianyou and Zhao Xiaoxuan

“Ningning, do you think your mother will accept your father?” Tang Haifeng asked worriedly. Although whatever would be would be, he still hoped that they could get back together again. Otherwise, Tang Yunfan would be alone throughout this lifetime.

“I think she will,” Gu Ning said. It was obvious that Gu Man still loved Tang Yunfan.

“Oh, Ningning, it was a domestic servant who leaked your mother’s connection with us, and he already confessed to it. I planned to punish him severely, but he did it under another person’s threat. He confessed to it when his son was still in danger and your mother is safe home now, so I let him go. I know that it’s unfair to your mother, but I’m a father too and I understand why he did it. I’m sorry,” Tang Haifeng said and felt sad.

Hearing that, Gu Ning had mixed emotions. Although she hated the person who put her mother in danger, she understood that he did it to protect his own kid. In addition, he confessed to it when his son was still in danger, and Gu Man was safe now, so there was no need to punish him. Gu Man had been abducted because he had leaked the information, but he had not been involved in the crime, so he wouldn’t be put in jail even if they sued him.

“Like you just said, he already confessed to it when his son was still in danger and my mom is safe now, so let it go,” Gu Ning said.

Hearing that, Tang Haifeng relaxed. In fact, it wasn’t a bad thing to be kind when it was necessary.

“Oh, grandpa, I have to leave now. I don’t know what time I’ll be back today, but please don’t let my mom go home before I come back,” Gu Ning said. She said that not because she was afraid that the Tang family couldn’t protect Gu Man, but because she was worried that something bad could happen to Gu Man if Gu Man was alone in the house. After the abduction, the Tang family would, of course, increase its protection for Gu Man.

“Sure,” Tang Haifeng said.

Afterwards, Gu Ning left.

Tang Deming couldn’t get through to Zhang Yongjian, so he sent some people out to find Zhang Yongjian. However, Zhang Yongjian was nowhere to be found.

Tang Deming could only call Tang Weiyong and tell him what had happened. Tang Weiyong said, “Stop tracking him, in case you expose yourself. Leak the news that Gu Man and Gu Ning joined the Tang family to the woman called Feng Xueqin. She’ll help

US.”

“No problem,” Tang Deming said then arranged someone to do that without delay.

Gu Ning called Yu Zi when she left the Tang family’s house. She planned to visit the garment factory with Yu Zi.

Yu Zi was free, so Gu Ning told her to meet her outside of the shopping mall in 20 minutes.

Since Yu Zi worked for Gu Ning she, of course, wouldn’t make Gu Ning wait for her, so she walked outside 10 minutes later. Coincidentally, she met her ex-boyfriend once she walked out of the shopping mall.

Yu Zi pretended that she didn’t see him, because she was unwilling to meet him again. Her ex-boyfriend also felt embarrassed and turned his head away. However, her ex-boyfriend’s girlfriend blocked her way.

“Hey, isn’t this Yu Zi? We haven’t seen you for a long time! How have you been recently?” The woman who held the man’s arm greeted Yu Zi. It sounded polite, but she was just showing off.

Yu Zi was displeased, but pretended to be cool. “Very well.”

“Do you have a boyfriend now?” the woman asked.

“None of your business!” Yu Zi said in annoyance.

“Well, we’re good friends after all, and I should care about you,” the woman said, but it sounded very sarcastic.

“Really?” Yu Zi couldn’t stand it anymore. “We’re good friends? Zhao Xiaoxuan, don’t you have any sense of shame?”

“What? Are you mad at me just because I stole your boyfriend?” Zhao Xiaoxuan seemed very proud. “Yu Zi, who do you think you are? You’re just a poor girl from a poor family, and you shouldn’t stop Tianyou from becoming more successful. You can never marry into a rich family. Do you understand?”

Zhao Xiaoxuan was humiliating Yu Zi in public. Zhao Xiaoxuan’s father was a businessman who had dozens of millions of yuan in wealth.

Lin Tianyou was also born in a rich family, so Yu Zi was merely a poor girl in their eyes. Moreover, Zhao Xiaoxuan was her father’s only child. If Lin Tianyou married her, he would inherit her family’s wealth too.

Yu Zi had felt so hurt when they had cheated on her because one had been her boyfriend and the other had been her good friend. However, since it was already history, Yu Zi also wanted to move on, but it seemed like Zhao Xiaoxun had a different idea.

“Xiaoxuan, enough,” Lin Tianyou said frowning with dissatisfaction.

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
Hearing that, Zhao Xiaoxuan questioned him in anger, “What? Are you defending her?”

“You…” Lin Tianyou felt quite embarrassed. “It’s a public place. Couldn’t you save me some face?”

He had to admit that he couldn’t forget Yu Zi and defended her subconsciously because Yu Zi was kind and gentle while Zhao Xiaoxuan was simply a spoiled rich girl. Nevertheless, Yu Zi was born in a poor family and like Zhao Xiaoxuan had said, she would be a burden to him. In order to be more successful, he had abandoned Yu Zi.

In fact, he had tried to sleep with Zhao Xiaoxuan in order to be her boyfriend. Unexpectedly, Zhao Xiaoxuan had admired him from afar for a long time, and set a trap to sleep with him first, so he had sex with her after drinking a lot as both of them wanted.

“You…” Zhao Xiaoxuan was mad when Lin Tianyou criticized her, but she also noticed that people were staring at her, so she shut her mouth.

Chapter 583 Yu Zi Fights Back

Right at this moment, Yu Zi’s phone vibrated in her pocket. She took it out and saw a new message sent by Gu Ning.

Gu Ning: Show them a proud back. I’m sitting in a white Lamborghini at the roadside. Get in.

After reading the message, Yu Zi immediately looked at the roadside, and there was indeed a white Lamborghini. She was astonished that her boss was that rich. Afterwards, Yu Zi did what Gu Ning told her in the message. She looked at them with her back straightened up and said with pride, “Sorry, I gotta go now.” Then she turned around without hesitation, walking to the roadside. Right before their eyes, she got in the Lamborghini which was worth over ten million yuan.

Lin Tianyou and Zhao Xiaoxuan were totally shocked.

“Since when did Yu Zi get to know someone who’s that rich?” Zhao Xiaoxuan couldn’t believe her eyes and said with strong jealousy. Although she wasn’t familiar with cars the white Lamborghini was obviously a luxurious car. Yu Zi was merely a poor girl, so how could she get to know someone who was that rich?

“She must have found herself a sugar-daddy. I thought that she is an independent girl, but it turns out that she’s a gold digger!” Zhao Xiaoxuan said in a malicious tone even though she actually felt quite jealous of Yu Zi because she really wanted to have a super-rich boyfriend.

Without a doubt, Zhao Xiaoxuan was really a girl without moral standards, because she not only stole her good friend’s boyfriend, but wouldn’t hesitate to sell her body for money either.

Lin Tianyou was also displeased. Yu Zi was his ex-girlfriend, but he was still annoyed that Yu Zi whom he had despised now had a boyfriend who was much richer than him. Zhao Xiaoxuan wasn’t familiar with cars, but he was, and he knew at first glance that the Lamborghini was a limited edition which cost at least ten million yuan.

Ten million yuan was half of his family’s wealth. Let alone a Lamborghini, he couldn’t afford a car which cost over a million yuan, and the car he was driving now was only worth four hundred thousand yuan. What Yu Zi just did was like a slap across his face.

Seeing Lin Tianyou and Zhao Xiaoxuan being shocked, Yu Zi felt satisfied. She didn’t care what they thought of her.

“Do you have a car?” Gu Ning asked Yu Zi. “Not yet,” Yu Zi replied. “Do you have a driver’s license?” Gu Ning asked.

“Yes, but I seldom drive, so I’m not a good driver,” Yu Zi said.

“Each of the senior management in my company can have a car under my name. You can go to choose a car that you like which costs less than a million yuan when you’re free, and I’ll buy it for you,” Gu Ning said.

As long as Yu Zi worked in Gu Ning’s company as a member of the senior management, she could have an exclusive car. However, once she left the company or was demoted, she would lose the right to use the car.

Of course, Yu Zi wouldn’t be willing to leave the company, and she was determined to work hard for her future. In that case, the car belonged to her to some extent.

“Thanks,” Yu Zi said.

Although the garment factory had temporarily stopped working, security guards were still on duty. Gu Ning came here today with Yu Zi to look around it to see whether there was something that needed changing or replacing

After walking around it, Yu Zi decided to set the production line of Charm on the third floor, and she made a note of the equipment and goods she needed. The company was newly-established and shorthanded, so she had to do it herself. When she got the money, she would arrange purchasing agents to buy the equipment and goods.

When they walked out of the garment factory, it was already 11:30 am, so they went to have lunch together.

On the way, Yu Zi received a call from a stranger. She didn’t know that the person was Lin Tianyou, so she picked it up.

“Hi, who’s this?” Yu Zi asked.

“Yu Zi, how could you find yourself a sugar-daddy? I know that I’ve broken your heart, and you want to annoy me by finding yourself a rich man, but…” Lin Tianyou believed that Yu Zi must have found herself a sugar-daddy to annoy him.

“Lin Tianyou, who do you think you are? How could you be so shameless to say that I did it just to annoy you?” Yu Zi was so mad that she interrupted him before hanging up on him.

Yu Zi was mad not because Lin Tianyou slandered her but because Lin Tianyou was so self-centered, which was totally unacceptable in her eyes.

When Lin Tianyou called her again, Yu Zi refused to answer it.

“I’m sorry,” Yu Zi apologized to Gu Ning when she realized that she had just shouted right beside Gu Ning. Although Gu Ning was very kind, she had to be respectful.

“It’s fine. The best way to beat your enemy is to live a better life. I believe that you can do it,” Gu Ning said to comfort her.

“Thanks, I will,” Yu Zi said with determination. She knew that not everyone could be so lucky to get such a good chance like her, so she was determined to seize this opportunity to fight for her future and wouldn’t let Gu Ning down.

“What do you want to eat?” Gu Ning asked.

“You can make the decision.” Yu Zi wasn’t the boss after all.

“Do you have any food allergies?” Gu Ning asked again.

“Nope,” Yu Zi said.

Gu Ning thought for a while then said, “Let’s go dine in the restaurant next to Fengshang Shopping Mall.”

“Good idea!” Yu Zi agreed.

Gu Ning parked the car in the parking lot, and then they got out together. When they walked into the restaurant, they chose a table beside the window.

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
“Everyone knows that Lord Tang never married or had a child in City B, but a mother and daughter suddenly appeared in the Tang family’s house a few days ago. The girl closely resembles Lord Tang!” a man said to another man at a nearby table.

Hearing that, Gu Ning frowned and looked over at them. Didn’t grandpa warn the domestic servants not to leak the news? How could they know that? Is this a part of Tang Deming’s scheme too?

Only the Tang family and Tang Deming were aware of the fact that Gu Ning was Tang Yunfan’s biological daughter. If nobody in the Tang family leaked the information, Tang Deming must have done it.

However, in the meantime, two women who were over 30 years old were obviously surprised when they heard the two men’s discussion. One of the two women wore a displeased face. Unfortunately, Gu Ning didn’t notice that.

“Do you mean that the girl could be Lord Tang’s daughter?” the other man asked.

Chapter 584 The Woman Who Admires Tang Yunfan

“Who else could she be?” the man said.

All of a sudden, a woman who was sitting at the next table stood up at once and walked to them questioning in an unkind voice, “How do you know that?”

Seeing that, Gu Ning realized that the two men did it on purpose so that the woman could hear the news. However, who was this woman? Why did she seem to overreact when she heard the news about Tang Yunfan? Why did the two men leak the news to her?

“My friend works for the Tang family and he told me,” the man said.

Gu Ning sensed that it must be Tang Deming’s scheme.

Hearing that, the woman seemed more upset, but she didn’t ask further before she walked back to her seat.

“Xueqin, could it be fake news? If the girl is really Tang Yunfan’s daughter, why has nobody heard of her during so many years? Why did she suddenly appear?” another woman said and remained doubtful.

“If not, how come the news went abroad!” It was obvious that the woman who was called Xueqin believed it.

She was Feng Xueqin, who was born in another super-rich family in City B. When Master Tang’s wife was still alive, she was a good friend with Feng Xueqin’s mother. In her early years, she often joked about setting Feng Xueqin and Tang Yunfan up, so Feng Xueqin bore it in mind. When Feng Xueqin was young, she always claimed that she was Tang Yunfan’s fiancée. However, Tang Yunfan kept a distance away from her, and never mentioned marrying her. After a long time, she still couldn’t marry into the Tang family, so she stopped claiming that she was Tang Yunfan’s fiancée.

Nevertheless, Feng Xueqin was reluctant to give up. Even though she couldn’t win Tang Yunfan’s heart, she wouldn’t leave him alone, and remained single till now when she was 36 years old.

During the past years, if any woman dared approach Tang Yunfan, she would interfere in his personal affairs. If the woman didn’t aim to sleep with Tang Yunfan, she wouldn’t punish the woman severely, but if the woman aimed to sleep with Tang Yunfan or even to be his girlfriend, she would do everything to ruin the woman.

Feng Xueqin’s love for Tang Yunfan was very twisted, so she was furious and almost lost control of herself when she heard that Tang Yunfan had a woman and a daughter in secret.

“If I can’t get him, nobody can. Even if the mother and daughter are truly Tang Yunfan’s woman and daughter, they won’t be soon,” Feng Xueqin said with an evil expression.

Hearing that, Gu Ning squinted at her. Very well, let’s see! Feng Xueqin, if you dare hurt Gu Man, I promise that you’ll regret.

“Boss, what’s wrong?” Seeing Gu Ning being so angry Yu Zi was scared.

“Oh, nothing,” Gu Ning said and gave her a smile.

Since Gu Ning said nothing, Yu Zi stopped asking further.

The dishes were soon placed on the table, and they started to enjoy their lunch.

Feng Xueqin, however, lost her appetite after hearing the news about Gu Man and Gu Ning.

When she stood up, walking away, her friend’s sight fell on Gu Ning and thought that Gu Ning looked very familiar. Her friend couldn’t help but give Gu Ning a few more glances, and Gu Ning didn’t avoid her look at all, because that was exactly what Gu Ning wanted.

“Xueqin, look at that girl!” Feng Xueqin’s friend pulled her back and pointed at Gu Ning.

Feng Xueqin turned to look at Gu Ning and was stunned at once. Feng Xueqin was more familiar with Tang Yunfan than her friend, so she recognized Gu Ning’s face when Gu Ning appeared in her sight. Although Tang Yunfan wasn’t young anymore, it was still easy to notice that Gu Ning closely resembled him.

Is she the girl that the two men just discussed? Feng Xueqin thought to herself.

No matter what, Feng Xueqin wouldn’t let Gu Ning go, so she strode to the table where Gu Ning sat and asked Gu Ning very impolitely, “What’s your relationship with Tang Yunfan?”

Although she already had the answer, she still wanted to hear it from Gu Ning’s mouth.

At the same time, the two men were also surprised when Feng Xueqin asked Gu Ning that question. They hadn’t noticed Gu Ning until now. Although they hadn’t met Tang Yunfan in person and they only saw his picture, they had to admit that this young girl in front of them did greatly resemble Tang Yunfan. Jesus! Is she the girl? Did she hear everything?

The two men escaped without delay, in case they would expose themselves.

Gu Ning saw them leaving, but didn’t stop them, because she was very eager to teach Feng Xueqin a lesson now.

Yu Zi was frightened by Feng Xueqin’s aggressive attitude, but she didn’t know Tang Yunfan, so she had no idea what was going on.

Gu Ning, on the other hand, calmly enjoyed her meal and ignored Feng Xueqin.

Seeing that she was being ignored, Feng Xueqin was in a rage. “Are you deaf? Didn’t you hear my question?”

Gu Ning still didn’t give her a glance but coldly asked, “Who are you? Why should I answer your question?”

“You…” Feng Xueqin was irritated by Gu Ning’s arrogant attitude, especially when Gu Ning said that with a face which strongly resembled Tang Yunfan.

At short notice, Feng Xueqin turned the plates on the table upside down in anger.

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
Yu Zi moved backwards in fear and avoided the disaster.

Gu Ning, however, didn’t move at all, and the food stained her clothes everywhere.

Gu Ning did that for the purpose of using that as a reasonable excuse to teach Feng Xueqin a lesson.

“Boss, are you alright?” Yu Zi wanted to wipe the stains off for Gu Ning, but Gu Ning raised her hand to stop her.

The big noise attracted attention from other customers in the restaurant, and the manager came to them at once. “What happened?”

Chapter 585 Teach Feng Xueqin a Lesson

It was obvious that Feng Xueqin had turned the plates on Gu Ning’s table upside down, so nobody answered his question.

“You all should have seen it. It was her who damaged all those plates, so whatever I’m going to do next, she deserves it,” Gu Ning said in a cold voice, then abruptly stood up to slap Feng Xueqin across her face. The sound when Gu Ning’s hand slapped Feng Xueqin’s face was so loud that it scared everyone in the restaurant.

Within seconds, Feng Xueqin’s face was already red and swollen. In addition, Gu Ning took the rest of the plates on the table and pressed them on Feng Xueqin’s face with great force. The food was still hot, and Feng Xueqin was seriously hurt again. She almost passed out from the severe pain and had no strength to struggle.

Everyone was shocked by Gu Ning’s violent actions, but nobody had sympathy for Feng Xueqin, because she had been rude first. A rude person like her should learn how to behave herself in public.

“Xueqin!” Feng Xueqin’s friend ran to wipe the food residue off from her face.

“Miss, don’t you think that’s too far?” The restaurant manager criticized Gu Ning because he was afraid that Feng Xueqin’s family would blame him for it.

Gu Ning gave him a cold glance then questioned him, “Isn’t it too far that she turned all my dishes upside down and made the food stain my clothes everywhere. She ruined our lunch and made a loud noise.”

Gu Ning’s look was threatening and scared the restaurant manager, but he still argued upon thinking of Feng Xueqin’s powerful family background. “You weren’t hurt after all, but Miss Feng is seriously injured now!”

“So what?” Gu Ning asked and seemed arrogant because she realized that this manager was a snobbish person.

Although she had attacked Feng Xueqin with great force, Feng Xueqin had asked for it herself.

The restaurant manager was struck dumb, and didn’t know what to say.

“You…” Feng Xueqin was so mad that she wanted to swear at Gu Ning. However, her cheeks were too painful for her to utter a word.

Gu Ning turned to look at Feng Xueqin and coldly said, “What? Do you think that you can bully me just because you were born in a super-rich family? I don’t care who you are, I’ll punch you if you annoy me.”

If Feng Xueqin had just annoyed Gu Ning, Gu Ning would punch her and let her go, but Gu Ning would ruin Feng Xueqin if she dared hurt Gu Man.

“I’ll kill you!” Feng Xueqin ignored Gu Ning’s warning, and raised her hand to slap Gu Ning, but was caught by Gu Ning in the air.

“What did you say?” Gu Ning stared straight at her then threw her away, and Feng Xueqin fell to the ground because of the great force. With a loud sound she fell. Feng Xueqin moaned from the pain.

“Xuegin!” Her friend was really scared.

Normally, when Feng Xueqin wanted to hit someone, she would help Feng Xueqin do it, but she was afraid of Gu Ning this time.

“Call the police! Call the…” the restaurant manager shouted in anger, but shut his mouth at once when Gu Ning gave him a cold glance. Gu Ning’s glance was so frightening that he didn’t dare utter another word.

How can a young girl be so scary? He thought.

“What’s going on here?” At this moment, a displeased male voice sounded.

Hearing the voice, Gu Ning immediately knew who the newcomer was. The man was exactly Pan Zirui’s good friend, Guan Bin.

Gu Ning turned and saw Guan Bin, Pan Zirui and a stranger walking towards them.

“Lord Guan, this girl…” The restaurant manager blamed Gu Ning for everything the moment he saw Guan Bin. However, before he could finish his sentence, Guan Bin greeted Gu Ning with surprise, “Miss Gu!”

The restaurant manager was struck dumb for a second. Does Lord Guan know this girl?

“Who?” Pan Zirui ran over at once, and he got excited too when he saw Gu Ning. “B-boss, why are you here?”

Boss? Everyone in the restaurant who knew Pan Zirui and the others was shocked. What? Lord Pan called this young girl his boss? They must be very close.

The restaurant manager panicked a little. If this young girl was Lord Pan’s boss, they would blame him for everything.

Feng Xin, who came here with Guan Bin and Pan Zirui, was stunned when he saw Gu Ning, because Gu Ning was really beautiful even though she wasn’t wearing any make-up. There were usually no beautiful women who didn’t wear make-up, but Gu Ning was an exception. She probably had on some foundation at the most.

In fact, Gu Ning had very smooth, shiny skin, so people thought that she was wearing foundation. If they looked closer at her face, they would see that she didn’t wear any make-up.

“I came here to enjoy my lunch, but a crazy woman turned my dishes upside down and the food stained my clothes,” Gu Ning said with obvious disdain, then gave Feng Xueqin who was still lying on the ground a cold glance.

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
Hearing that, Pan Zirui and the others noticed the food stains on Gu Ning’s clothes and Feng Xueqin who was still lying on the ground. Without asking further, they soon figured out what had happened.

Even so, Pan Zirui and Guan Bin still vented their anger at Feng Xueqin, instead of Gu Ning

“Miss Feng, what do you mean by causing a scene in my family’s restaurant? Do you think that my family is easy to take advantage of?” Guan Bin didn’t care that Feng Xueqin was seriously injured, nor did he care about her family background, but questioned her impolitely.

“Lord Guan, Miss Feng is already injured. How can you blame her for everything? Call the ambulance now! If anything bad happens to Miss Feng, the Feng family won’t let you get away with it.” Feng Xueqin’s friend opened her mouth.

Nevertheless, Guan Bin hated that she used Feng Xueqin’s family background to threaten him. Gu Ning was the Tang family’s relative, so Guan Bin would, of course, stand by Gu Ning’s side without a second thought.

Chapter 586 Live with It

Pan Zirui would, of course, protect and defend Gu Ning on any condition. “So what? Do you think that the Feng family is the most powerful family in City B?”

“You…” Feng Xueqin’s friend was struck speechless.

Although Feng Xin’s family name was also Feng, he actually had no connection with Feng Xueqin. However, when he saw Feng Xueqin seriously injured, he felt that it was a little much so he said, “Well, I think we better send her to the hospital now. It won’t do us any good if anything bad happens to her.”

“She annoyed my boss!” Pan Zirui was unwilling to let Feng Xueqin leave.

“Alright, let them go.” Gu Ning thought that it was enough now, and she didn’t want to waste more time on the mess. “She has to pay the restaurant’s losses before she leaves. She turned my dishes upside down and made the food stain my clothes, but she’s injured now, so I’ll forgive her. No matter what complaint she has, live with it.”

Gu Ning seemed arrogant, but others somehow felt comfortable, especially when she said the last sentence.

Guan Bin would ask for compensation from Feng Xueqin later.

Nobody called the ambulance for Feng Xueqin, so her friend had to.

Before the ambulance arrived, Guan Bin invited Gu Ning to share a meal with them in a private room.

Gu Ning and Yu Zi were still hungry, and Pan Zirui hadn’t seen her in a long time, so Gu Ning agreed.

The two men who had leaked the information to Feng Xueqin didn’t leave right away when they walked out of the restaurant. Instead, they secretly watched them from the window. When they saw Gu Ning slapping Feng Xueqin, they were also shocked and felt lucky that they had escaped earlier.

When the mess was solved, one of the two men made a call and reported on what had happened in the restaurant.

The person who arranged them to leak the information wasn’t Tang Deming, but a man who worked for him. The moment the person heard what had happened in the restaurant, he called Tang Deming.

“What? They encountered each other, and Feng Xueqin is injured?” Tang Deming was astonished. Is this girl that powerful?

“Are you sure that she’s the girl?” Tang Deming asked.

“Not very sure.”

Since they weren’t sure about it, there was nothing that Tang Deming could do. He told the two men to leave City B in case they would be caught.

In the restaurant.

Yu Zi didn’t know them, but she knew that they were all born in super-rich families from the conversation that they just had. Lin Tianyou’s and Zhao Xiaoxuan’s families were barely comparable to the Pan family and the Guan family. Therefore, Yu Zi felt uneasy when they shared a meal at the same table.

What she didn’t know was that Cao Wenxin was born in a much more powerful family than them. If she had known that, she wouldn’t have felt at ease when she had made friends with Cao Wenxin.

“Boss, please order whatever you like.” Pan Zirui gave the menu to Gu Ning, and Gu Ning didn’t hesitate to order her favorite food.

When the waiter left Pan Zirui asked, “Boss, why did Feng Xueqin suddenly irritate you?”

“She asked about my relationship with the Tang family. I didn’t tell her, so she got mad,” Gu Ning said and lied to some extent, because she had to keep the fact that Tang Yunfan was her biological father a secret.

“Why did she ask about that? It’s none of her business.” They all thought that it was strange. Although they were also curious about Gu Ning’s specific connection with the Tang family, none of them dared ask that question.

“How much do you know about Feng Xueqin?” Gu Ning asked with curiosity. She knew that Feng Xueqin had to come from a rich family, but she didn’t know the details.

“Feng Xueqin is from another super-rich family in City B and she has admired Lord Tang for so many years. She even claimed to be Lord Tang’s fiancée when she was younger, but Lord Tang doesn’t like her. Nevertheless, she has remained single the entire time until now. She’s 36 years old,” Pan Zirui said.

Hearing that, Gu Ning was surprised.

“Although she loves Lord Tang deeply, she’s also a malicious woman. No matter who criticizes her, she’ll pay the person back,” Pan Zirui said.

“Well, I don’t think that she’s able to do that to Miss Gu,” Guan Bin said. He believed that Gu Ning was smarter and more powerful than Feng Xueqin.

“Exactly! Boss, feel free to call me if you need my support. I’ll stand by your side,” Pan Zirui said.

“Thanks,” Gu Ning said.

“Oh, boss, let me introduce you. This is my friend, Feng Xin,” Pan Zirui said to Gu Ning.

“Nice to meet you, Miss Gu. I’ve heard Zirui mention you many times,” Feng Xueqin said. “Although my family name is also Feng, I don’t have any family connection with Feng Xueqin.”

“Ha-ha, nice to meet you too,” Gu Ning said politely.

Feng Xin used to think that Gu Ning would be an arrogant, rich heiress. Unexpectedly, she was kind but stayed cold, so he didn’t know how to get closer to her.

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
On the way to the hospital, Feng Xueqin’s friend called Feng Xueqin’s sister-in-law, Lu Qiuting

When Lu Qiuting arrived at the hospital, Feng Xueqin’s face was already wrapped in bandages and she couldn’t say a word. Therefore, Lu Qiuting asked Wu Jinyi, who was Feng Xueqin’s friend, “Jinyi, what happened? Who dared to hit Xueqin?” Wu Jinyi didn’t tell her everything on the phone, so she didn’t know the details.

Wu Jinyi then told her what had happened in the restaurant. Although Wu Jinyi didn’t add fuel to the fire, Lu Qiuting was still furious. “The little bitch is too arrogant!”

Lu Qiuting didn’t think that what Feng Xueqin had done was rude, but blamed Gu Ning for everything, which proved that she was a selfish person too. In fact, Lu Qiuting was four years older than Feng Xueqin, but they were very close. As the old saying went, “Birds of a feather flock together.”

When they were both young, Lu Qiuting admired Feng Xueqin’s older brother, Feng Pinghui, from afar, but Feng Pinghui already had a girlfriend. In order to help Lu Qiuting marry her older brother, Feng Xueqin along with Lu Qiuting schemed against her older brother’s girlfriend, and let Feng Pinghui catch the innocent girl in bed with another man.

Chapter 587 Call Tang Yunfan Dad

Feng Pinghui was heart-broken and drowned his sorrows. And right at this moment, Lu Qiuting seized the chance and used her body to comfort Feng Pinghui after he was drunk.

It happened a decade ago and people were inclined to be more conservative, so the man had to take the responsibility if he slept with a woman. Therefore, Feng Pinghui married Lu Qiuting, but he had no idea about the truth. Although he didn’t love Lu Qiuting, he treated her kindly, and lived their life like a normal couple.

Lu Qiuting relied on Feng Xueqin to marry Feng Pinghui, so she would defend Feng Xueqin without a doubt.

In fact, Lu Qiuting and Feng Xueqin had tried to trap Tang Yunfan in the same way, but they seldom had chance to approach Tang Yunfan. If they met Tang Yunfan, he always refused to drink, so they never succeeded.

“Xueqin, are you sure that the girl is really Tang Yunfan’s daughter?” Lu Qiuting asked with vicious eyes.

“Ye-yeah!” Feng Xueqin groaned.

“No matter what, she must bear the result that she dared to hit Xueqin! If she is really Tang Yunfan’s daughter, we can never let her get away with it!” Lu Qiuting said with strong hatred.

After the meal, Gu Ning left with Yu Zi.

Feng Xin still didn’t open his mouth to ask for Gu Ning’s phone number because this was the first time that they had met each other and they seldom talked. If he asked for her number right now, it could leave a bad impression on Gu Ning.

“Hey, boss, did you drive the Lamborghini here?” Pan Zirui asked when they walked to the front door. They came here from the back door, so they didn’t see the parking lot at the front door.

“Yes,” Gu Ning replied.

Hearing that, Pan Zirui got excited. “Where did you park it? Let me have a look!”

Not only Pan Zirui, but Guan Bin and Feng Xin were also excited. Men all loved cars, especially luxurious cars.

“Right outside,” Gu Ning said.

Pan Zirui immediately walked outside, followed by the others. Once they walked out, the most noticeable car parked in the parking lot was precisely Gu Ning’s white Lamborghini.

Pan Zirui and the others looked at the car for a while then he said, “Boss, I didn’t expect that you’re that rich! There are only 40 of this model around the world. How did you get it?”

Pan Zirui also wanted to buy one, but it wasn’t available.

“My aunt and uncle sent it to me,” Gu Ning said.

“Wow, your aunt and uncle are so generous! I wish that I could have such an aunt and uncle!” Pan Zirui said with envy.

Gu Ning smiled. “Alright, we have got to go now. Bye.”

“See you!” Pan Zirui said. All of a sudden, Pan Zirui felt like he had played around for a long time, and all he was doing now was a total waste of his life.

“No, I think that I shouldn’t keep on living my life like this. I should do something meaningful from now on or my boss will despise me,” Pan Zirui said with determination, which shocked Guan Bin and Feng Xin.

Guan Bin couldn’t believe his ears. “Zirui, are you serious?”

Guan Bin and Feng Xin had known Pan Zirui for many years, and they had never seen him being so serious. If Pan Zirui hadn’t had an older brother who was good at running business, he probably would have spoiled his family’s properties already.

“Of course!” Pan Zirui felt displeased that his friends didn’t believe him. Pan Zirui was actually a smart boy and he would do his best to get what he wanted.

Guan Bin, however, was surprised by Gu Ning’s influence on Pan Zirui. Although Guan Bin often played around with Pan Zirui, he was doing business at the same time. He was the only son in his family, so he had to take the responsibility of taking over his family business. In addition, Guan Bin was also ambitious, and he wouldn’t allow anyone else to take over his own family business. If he couldn’t run his family business well, his cousin would grab it away from him, which was the last thing he wanted to happen.

Feng Xueqin was seriously injured, so she had to stay in the hospital for a few days longer. Except for the doctors and nurses, nobody else knew that she was injured.

When Lu Qiuting went back home, she arranged someone to get information and photos of Gu Man and Gu Ning so that she could take her next step to scheme against them.

Gu Ning went back to the Tang family’s house after she drove Yu Zi to the shopping mall.

Tang Haifeng was absent and even the domestic servants intentionally stayed away from her. Only Tang Yunfan and Gu Man were in the living hall, but both of them seemed embarrassed.

Gu Ning was confused and didn’t know what had happened.

“Hi, Ningning!” Gu Man relaxed when Gu Ning got home. She felt much better when Gu Ning was by her side.

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
Gu Ning walked in and sat next to Gu Man on the sofa. She then turned to look at Tang Yunfan. “Uncle Tang…”

However, before Gu Ning could finish her sentence, Tang Yunfan interrupted her. “Don’t call me Uncle Tang anymore. Although your mother hasn’t accepted me yet, it won’t change the fact that you’re my daughter. Can you call me your dad?” Tang Yunfan looked at Gu Ning with anticipation.

Gu Man told him that it would take some time for her to accept him again because they had been apart for so long after all. Nevertheless, Gu Man wouldn’t stop Gu Ning from accepting him first.

“Dad,” Gu Ning said without struggling, because she was mentally-prepared.

“Good girl!” Tang Yunfan burst into tears. He hadn’t cried once during the past years, and always stayed tough, but he lost control of his emotions today when he finally had the family reunion with the woman he loved and his biological daughter.

Chapter 588 Tang Jiakai Feels Regretful

Tang Yunfan didn’t mind crying in front of his family. Gu Man’s eyes were also wet with tears.

When Tang Yunfan calmed himself down, Gu Ning said, “Dad, my jewelry store is going to open in City B soon, and I need to go to City G tomorrow to deliver the jade jewelry here. May I use the private jet in our family? It’ll be safer and more convenient.” In the beginning, Gu Ning planned to borrow it, but she changed her mind and decided to directly use it after she called Tang Yunfan her dad now.

“No problem!” Tang Yunfan agreed without second thought. Let alone a private jet, even if Gu Ning wanted a star in the sky, he would go get it for her.

“Oh, who’s the spokesperson of your jewelry brand?” Tang Yunfan asked.

“Su Tongnuo, a B-list actress,” Gu Ning said.

“A B-list actress?” Tang Yunfan frowned with dissatisfaction. “Do you think she’s suitable for it?”

“I know she doesn’t have much fame now, but she works for my company so I must give her a chance. As long as my jewelry brand becomes popular, she’ll be a household name too,” Gu Ning said. “And I have the support of our family, so I don’t think it’ll be a problem.”

“You signed an actress? Do you plan to be involved in the entertainment industry?” Tang Yunfan was astonished.

“Yes,” Gu Ning answered.

“Don’t you feel overburdened to run so many businesses at such an early age?” Tang Yunfan felt very protective of Gu Ning. He was impressed when he heard about Gu Ning’s achievements before he knew that she was his biological daughter, but his heart ached for her after he found out the truth. He thought that Gu Ning, who was just a young girl, should live a relaxed life instead of being occupied by business.

“I run the businesses according to my ability and I am basically just a boss behind the scenes, so it isn’t tiring at all,” Gu Ning said. “In addition, I have a strong sense of satisfaction and achievement when I’m doing what I want. I think I’m living a meaningful life.”

Hearing that, Tang Yunfan was quite gratified. Although he didn’t want to see Gu Ning being so busy at such an early age he knew that was what she wanted. Moreover, he had been an absent father for so many years of her life, so he didn’t have the right to judge her decisions now. Therefore, Tang Yunfan decided to be Gu Ning’s support behind her back. “Feel free to tell me whenever you need my help.”

“I need your help now, dad,” Gu Ning suddenly said with a serious look on her face. “I need the dining hall of the Huangdeng Hotel as well as 10 models to do the opening show. Although you’re my father it’s business after all, so I’ll arrange someone to discuss it with your company later.”

“Do we have to be so serious? We’re family anyway,” Tang Yunfan said. He was unwilling to charge his own daughter.

“Of course we do! If you really want to help me, you should give me enough space to grow up myself. I don’t want to rely on you to be successful. No pain, no gain,” Gu Ning said seriously.

Tang Yunfan was amused by Gu Ning’s serious face, and also felt happy for his daughter. He knew that he wasn’t a good father because he had been absent during her childhood and adolescence. However, it was what it was and he had to accept it as a failure. All in all, he still felt very proud of his daughter.

Gu Ning didn’t tell Tang Yunfan that she had encountered Feng Xueqin today because Gu Man was there. Today was a special day. Although Gu Man hadn’t accepted Tang Yunfan yet, the Tang family had already accepted her as a family member, so it was a big day that they gathered together.

Around 5 pm, Cao Wenxin arrived.

“Hi, good afternoon everyone!” Cao Wenxin said happily once she walked inside. “Um, should I call you Aunt Man now?” Cao Wenxin asked Gu Man.

“Not yet,” Gu Man said.

Tang Yunfan was a little disappointed but didn’t say anything, because he understood that it would take time for Gu Man to accept him.

“Fine.” Since Gu Man said so, Cao Wenxin didn’t insist, in case Gu Man would feel embarrassed.

Around 6 pm, Tang Yunhang and his wife and Cao Ruihua and his wife along with Cao Wenjun also got home. Except for Cao Wenjun, the rest had all met Gu Ning and Gu Man before.

“Nice to meet you!” Cao Wenjun greeted Gu Ning and Gu Man politely.

“Nice to meet you too, Wenjun,”

“Nice to meet you too, Cousin Wenjun,” Gu Man and Gu Ning greeted Cao Wenjun politely.

Finally, Tang Jiakai also got home, and only Tang Jiayang was absent now, because he was still studying abroad.

When Tang Jiakai saw Gu Man, he was struck dumb for a second and Tang Yunhang introduced Gu Man to him at once, “This is Ningning’s mother.”

“Nice to meet you,” Tang Jiakai said politely. He didn’t know Gu Man’s relationship with Tang Yunfan yet.

“Nice to meet you too, Jiakai,” Gu Man said with a smile.

After that, they sat in the living room chatting with each other, while two domestic servants were preparing dinner in the kitchen.

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
While they were chatting, Tang Yunhang said to Tang Jiakai, “Jiakai, if anyone asks you about your Uncle Yunfan’s condition, you can tell them that your Uncle Yunfan is still unconscious. Do you understand?”

Hearing that, Tang Jiakai sensed that something bad must have happened, so he asked seriously, “What happened?”

Since the majority in the Tang family was aware of it, Tang Yunhang told Tang Jiakai the secret. “Your Uncle Yunfan had a car accident last week, and he fell into unconsciousness for a couple of days afterwards. He didn’t wake up until yesterday. Once your Uncle Yunfan was in danger some directors in the company started to take action to unseat us. In order to turn their trick to our own use, your Uncle Yunfan will pretend to still be unconscious.”

“What? Why didn’t you tell me earlier?” Tang Jiakai complained. He blamed himself because he had been absent last weekend and didn’t know that his family had just been through a serious crisis. Although he might not be helpful, he wanted to do something.

Tang Jiakai felt regretful and guilty that he had been out having fun while his family had been in danger.

Chapter 589 Mr. Akino

“We didn’t want to worry you,” Tang Yunhang said.

Tang Jiakai wiped his eyes. “I prefer to be worried rather than being regretful now. I feel so guilty that I’ve been out having fun while our family was in danger.”

“We’re fine now, so don’t tell Jiayang about it,” Tang Yunhang said.

“I won’t,” Tang Jiakai said. He understood why his family hadn’t told him, because he was also unwilling to worry Tang Jiayang now.

“Oh, there is something else…” Tang Yunhang opened his mouth again but Tang Jiakai rounded his eyes, staring straight at him in fear before he could finish.

Seeing that, everyone was amused.

“Don’t be so nervous. It’s good news.” Tang Yunhang smiled.

Hearing that, Tang Jiakai was relieved. “What is it?”

“It’s about Ningning,” Tang Yunhang said. Tang Jiakai turned to look at Gu Ning at once with confusion. “Actually, Ningning is your Uncle Yunfan’s biological daughter,” Tang Yunhang added.

“What?” Tang Jiakai was shocked and stood up in excitement. “R-really?”

“Yes, but you can’t leak this information either,” Tang Yunhang said.

“Of course I won’t!” Tang Jiakai understood that his father said it for a reason.

Hearing the good news, Tang Jiakai was cheered up within a second. He ran to sit with Gu Ning and pushed Cao Wenxin aside

“Ningning, you’re really my younger sister. Biological younger sister!” Tang Jiakai said happily.

Tang Jiakai was a stable young man normally, but he now behaved like a kid who just got candy. He always wished that Gu Ning could be related to the Tang family and it turned out to be true now!

Although Tang Haifeng had already accepted Gu Ning as a member of their family before, there was still a distance between them. However, there was a family connection between them now, so they were much closer than before.

“Since Ningning is Uncle Yunfan’s biological daughter, then Ningning’s mother is…” Tang Jiakai said, but was interrupted by Gu Ning. “Not yet.”

Hearing that, Tang Jiakai realized that it wasn’t that easy. Tang Yunfan had been apart from Gu Man for so long and it was totally understandable that Gu Man couldn’t accept him right away.

After dinner, Gu Ning left the Tang family’s house with Cao Wenxin and Gu Man.

Tang Yunfan wasn’t able to show up now, so he could only watch Gu Man leaving from his sight.

On the way back, Gu Ning suddenly remembered that she hadn’t contacted Leng Shaoting yet ever since he left this morning. Gu Ning knew that Leng Shaoting had to be busy, so she didn’t call him.

At that moment, in the airport of City Teng, Leng Shaoting, Chen Meng and Xu Jinchen were in a car in a parking lot. They didn’t get out of the car and it seemed like they were waiting for something.

“Chen Meng, are you sure the information is accurate? They are criminals wanted by the international criminal police. Would they dare to take a plane to our country? Aren’t they afraid of being caught?” Xu Jinchen asked Chen Meng.

Chen Meng rolled his eyes and said with disdain, “Are you an idiot? Do you think that they’re as dumb as you? Don’t you know that there is a way of disguising called molding? They all hold fake passports and it’s impossible for the Customs to find them. If they could be easily caught, why would our country send us here?”

Chen Meng hit the point. The international criminal police failed to catch those criminals so the country sent out the Red Flame.

“I was just saying! They’re really desperadoes!” Xu Jinchen was less experienced than Leng Shaoting and Chen Meng, so he sometimes couldn’t stay calm.

“Those people will do anything for money,” Chen Meng said calmly.

After a while, Leng Shaoting heard Xin Bei’s voice from his earphones. “Boss, they’re out. Six in all.”

“Copy that,” Leng Shaoting said.

Six people weren’t all the members of the criminal group but was just a small team of it.

Before long, Xin Bei’s voice sounded again. “Boss, they entered the parking lot.”

Seconds later, Leng Shaoting and the others noticed six men in business suits walking into the parking lot. Although they were all dressed like businessmen they were stone-faced and looked more like bodyguards. Ordinary people might not see the difference, but it was quite clear in the eyes of Leng Shaoting’s group. They got in an MPV then left, followed by Leng Shaoting’s car.

In their car, several people were negotiating.

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
“Mr. Akino, I think that the price you gave is a bit high. Would you mind lowering it before we settle the deal? In this case, we can also share more reward.” A 30-year-old man sitting in the front passenger seat turned his head and looked at the young man sitting in a rear seat in the second row against the window. He was speaking in fluent Language R.

“Bai Zhen, I hope that you can understand that there are more buyers than us who wants to buy this batch of goods. They’re willing to make this deal with us all because we bid higher than others. If we lower the price now, they won’t sell the goods to us. If so, how should we explain it to the Andou family? Do you think the Andou family will let us get away with it?” Mr. Akino wore a cold expression and reminded Bai Zhen in an impatient tone.

“Mr. Akino is right. We can never annoy the Andou family,” another young man echoed.

“Fine!” Bai Zhen frowned. Although he was disappointed, he gave up because he knew that he couldn’t persuade them.

“I haven’t been to this country for a long time. It seems this country is declining. What do you think?” A young man sitting on a rear seat in the third row suddenly opened his mouth to cheer everyone up.

Chapter 590 The Death Penalty

“I don’t think that you’re a qualified international mercenary because your accent is so heavy. Do you want to do ‘business’ here in the future or not?” Mr. Akino sneered. Nobody would know that he was a foreigner from his standard local language.

“I was just kidding. Do you have to take it so serious?” The young man immediately used the standard local language.

“Do you think it’s the right time to joke now? Do you think it’s easy to do business in this country? If the Red Flame finds us, we’re doomed!” Mr. Akino said with worry.

Hearing that, they all looked serious. Although they would do anything for money, they knew how dangerous what they were doing now was. Therefore, they also did their best to avoid the Red Flame. However, they had already caught the Red Flame’s attention.

The group of them didn’t go to settle the deal at once but had a rest in a self-built house. They would meet the buyer tomorrow before the trade.

This house was prepared by the buyer, in case they would be exposed if they stayed in a hotel. Although they used fake ID cards and passports, they could never be too careful.

The international criminal police was chasing them. Once they were caught, they would be sentenced to the death penalty. That being the case, they already had the idea to retire after this deal and live a relaxed life on an island, which was also the reason why Bai Zhen wanted to get a bigger reward. However, compared with life, money was nothing, so none of them were willing to risk their lives.

Leng Shaoting’s group didn’t follow them closely because they were international mercenaries, not normal criminals. If Leng Shaoting followed them too closely they would discover him.

Since those criminals were already out, Leng Shaoting was confident to catch them this time.

City Teng was a small city and there weren’t many small roads, so it wasn’t difficult for Leng Shaoting to follow them.

When Gu Ning was home, it was only 9 pm, so she called Zhou Zhenghong and told him to be prepared. She was going to deliver jade jewelry in City B.

“Tomorrow?” Zhou Zhenghong was surprised. “Boss, isn’t it too hurried? We haven’t contacted the airline yet. If we’re going to deliver the goods by plane, we must arrange it beforehand.”

“It’s fine. We can use a private jet,” Gu Ning said.

“What? A private jet?” Zhou Zhenghong was astonished. He was impressed by Gu Ning’s ability yet again.

Afterwards, Gu Ning asked Zhou Zhenghong whether he had arranged everything for his son because Zhou Zhenghong was the general manager of Jade Beauty Jewelry and he had to attend the opening ceremony in City B.

Zhou Zhenghong told her that he had hired a babysitter, and the babysitter would take care of his son.

Hearing that, Gu Ning relaxed. After that, Gu Ning called Su Tongnuo and told her to come to City B tomorrow afternoon for the advertisement shooting.

Gu Ning had discussed it with Su Tongnuo and Lu Zhan when she had been to City D, SO Su Tongnuo would have a day off for the promotion of the jewelry brand.

“Can you write an advertisement copy?” Gu Ning called Lu Xiao and asked.

“Sure. A piece of cake,” Lu Xiao said.

“Great. I need an advertisement copy for jewelry, so please send it to me tomorrow,” Gu Ning said.

“No problem!” Lu Xiao didn’t feel that it was difficult for him to finish the task within a day, because he was an experienced marketer. Since Leng Shaoting assigned him to manage this entertainment company, he had to be good at it.

Quan Mingkai arrived at the Tang family’s house around 9 pm too. Although he heard that Tang Yunfan was already awake, he was still excited when he saw Tang Yunfan in person.

“Boss,” Quan Mingkai greeted him with great respect.

“What’s the latest news?” Tang Yunfan asked.

“Tang Deming stopped contacting Cheng Zhongsheng and Wu Boyan, but we don’t know whether they teamed up or he gave up,” Quan Mingkai said worriedly. If Tang Deming gave up it would be good news. If not, it would be terrible news.

Besides, it would be easy to unseat Tang Deming alone, but they were afraid that there was an ambitious person behind Tang Deming’s back. In addition, they had to keep running the company on the right track and stabilize the board of directors at the same time.

“If Cheng Zhongsheng and Wu Boyan don’t know that there is an ambitious person behind Tang Deming’s back, it’s impossible that they’d side with him because they know Tang Deming’s ability very well. However, if they found out about the support behind Tang Deming, they would probably change their mind,” Tang Yunfan said.

“The point is that we have no idea who the ambitious person is, and I don’t think that it’s a good time to tell Cheng Zhongsheng and Wu Boyan the news that you’re already awake, in case they betray us,” Quan Mingkai said.

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
Tang Deming and his allies had taken action when Tang Yunfan had been unconscious. Although they would stop if they heard that Tang Yunfan was awake, their ambition would never change. Nobody was willing to live with a loose cannon.

“I think they’ll stop for a short time after the abduction failed, but they won’t be quiet for long,” Quan Mingkai said. “Maybe they have other helpers here.”

Tang Yunfan had also had that thought so he stayed in his room all the time. There were many domestic servants in the Tang family, and he wasn’t sure whether all of them were loyal to the Tang family.

The next morning, Gu Ning and Gu Man went to the Tang family’s house after breakfast as usual.

“Ningning, the private jet is ready, and you can set off at any time,” Tang Yunfan said to Gu Ning

Chapter 591 A Control Freak

“Great. I plan to do this trip quickly so I’ll go to the airport now,” Gu Ning said. Afterwards, she drove herself to the airport.

The Tang family already told the airport to receive her, so Gu Ning directly drove into the parking lot where the private jets landed and went aboard without delay.

Three hours later, the private jet landed at the airport of City G.

An exclusive car from the Huangdeng Hotel went to pick Gu Ning up on time.

It was lunch time, so Gu Ning decided to first have lunch at the Huangdeng Hotel, which was also arranged by Tang Yunfan.

Gu Ning called Zhou Zhenghong and wanted to invite him to join her for lunch but Zhou Zhenghong was in the factory, so Gu Ning decided to dine alone.

However, the moment Gu Ning walked into the hotel, she ran into Situ Ye, who was accompanied by two men and a woman. One of the men and the woman were foreigners. When Situ Ye saw Gu Ning, his eyes lit up.

“Wait a second. I see my friend,” Situ Ye said to them then strode to Gu Ning in a hurry.

The blond woman was upset and stared straight at Gu Ning, then asked the man who wasn’t a foreigner. “Who is she?”

“Sorry, no idea,” the man said. He, of course, knew that the young girl was Gu Ning, but Situ Ye had warned him not to hurt Gu Ning, so he kept it a secret. Besides, he knew that this blond woman was bad-tempered so he wasn’t willing to tell her anything important.

Gu Ning sensed the blond woman’s hostility towards her, and she realized that the blond woman must admire Situ Ye and was mad at her because Situ Ye walked to her without hesitation once she showed up. Anyway, Gu Ning didn’t care as long as the blond woman stayed away from her.

“When did you get here? Why didn’t you tell me?” Situ Ye asked Gu Ning, like she had hurt his feelings.

Gu Ning said, “I just arrived to deal with business here and I’ll leave soon.”

“You’ll leave soon?” Situ Ye frowned with disappointment.

“Yes, I’m busy,” Gu Ning said. “Are you alone?” Situ Ye asked.

“Yes,” Gu Ning answered.

“Why don’t we have a meal together?” Situ Ye said. In case Gu Ning would decline, he added, “We haven’t gathered together for a long time! You never call me when you come to City G unless you need my help.”

Gu Ning felt a little embarrassed because what he said was true. “Well, can we share a meal the next time?”

“Next time? When? You have never invited me to dine together in City G,” Situ Ye complained. “Come on, give me a chance. Xuanfeng is waiting for us in a private room

now.”

“Um, fine!” Gu Ning didn’t know how to reject it, so she agreed.

After that, Gu Ning followed Situ Ye, walking to his friends.

When the blond woman saw Situ Ye walking back with Gu Ning, she was annoyed and pointed at Gu Ning questioning Situ Ye in anger, “Situ, who is she?” She spoke in the local language, which was quite authentic.

Situ Ye was displeased. “None of your business. Show some respect.”

The blond woman was furious and felt hurt. “None of my business? You’re my fiancé! Who is she?”

Gu Ning was surprised. This woman is Situ Ye’s fiancée? She was surprised not because she didn’t want Situ Ye to have a fiancée but because she didn’t understand why Situ Ye, who was such a handsome man, would choose such a woman with a plain face and bad temper.

“Shut up!” Situ Ye was mad. In case Gu Ning would mistake their relationship, he snapped at the blond woman, “Aimee, since when did I become you fiancé? Don’t damage my reputation.”

“You’re my fiancé. Your father said that before,” Aimee argued.

“It was just a joke and I never agreed,” Situ Ye said.

In fact, it really was a joke between their parents but Aimee took it seriously, because she loved Situ Ye. Unfortunately, Situ Ye disliked her.

“I agreed, and I take it seriously, and you have to be responsible for my life!” Aimee said in a domineering tone.

Situ Ye lost his patience, and looked to the blond man standing by Aimee’s side. “Adam, tell your younger sister not to behave like a 3-year-old child.”

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
“Sure.” Actually, Adam didn’t want to be involved, because his family would benefit a lot from the marriage between his younger sister and Situ Ye, but Situ Ye gave him a warning so he had to stop his younger sister now.

“Aimee, you’re an adult now so behave like one. Stop arguing in public or I’ll arrange for someone to send you home,” Adam said.

Aimee was in a rage, but didn’t dare to argue again because she understood that her older brother was a doer, so she just glared at Gu Ning in the end. Although she closed her mouth, she remembered Gu Ning’s face in her mind.

Gu Ning, however, thought that this blond woman was crazy. Even if she was Situ Ye’s fiancé, she had no right to vent her anger at Gu Ning. In Gu Ning’s eyes, this blond woman was as possessive as Feng Xueqin and both of them were control freaks. Gu Ning was a little displeased, but ignored her. Gu Ning knew that the blond woman wouldn’t give up, but Gu Ning wasn’t afraid of her.

Situ Ye and Gu Ning walked at the front followed by the others, and Aimee kept staring at Gu Ning’s back like she was going to tear her to pieces. Aimee was so jealous because Situ Ye had never treated any women so gently, except Gu Ning.

Chapter 592 Aimee Stalks Gu Ning

Even though Situ Ye disliked her, he seldom lost his temper in front of her and would avoid arguing with her most of the time. However, he shouted at her for Gu Ning this time, and even told her to be respectful of Gu Ning. It was hard for her to not believe that Situ Ye treated Gu Ning differently. In addition, she had to admit that Gu Ning was very attractive, which made her feel jealous.

When they arrived at the private room and pushed the door open, Chu Xuanfeng stood up at once to welcome them.

“Gu Ning!” Chu Xuanfeng was surprised to see Gu Ning. “Hi, Xuanfeng!” Gu Ning said.

“Come here! Have a seat please.” Chu Xuanfeng pulled a chair out for Gu Ning to sit down and behaved like a gentleman.

Seeing Chu Xuanfeng being so gentle to Gu Ning too, Aimee was more displeased because as Situ Ye’s close assistant Chu Xuanfeng didn’t like talking to her.

Situ Ye squinted at Chu Xuanfeng. “Don’t you see me still standing here?” He was just joking of course.

Chu Xuanfeng’s body stiffened a little then he realized that he had ignored his own boss. He beamed at once. “Gu Ning is the guest after all. Please, boss, here.”

Situ Ye didn’t mind, and walked to the seat next to Gu Ning.

Seeing that, Aimee was annoyed and couldn’t wait to set them apart.

Adam who knew Aimee very well, pulled her to sit aside without delay, in case she would cause an argument again.

Although Aimee felt dissatisfied, she still sat down with Adam.

“Gu Ning, I’ve finished ordering, but you may order some of your favorite food now.” Chu Xuanfeng gave the menu to Gu Ning.

Right at this moment, Situ Ye gave Chu Xuanfeng a warning glance. It seemed like he was warning Chu Xuanfeng not to be too gentle to Gu Ning, which might cause a misunderstanding. Instead, he should be the one doing that.

Receiving Situ Ye’s warning glance, Chu Xuanfeng’s hand which was holding the menu stiffened a little. Is boss being jealous? All of a sudden, Chu Xuanfeng felt quite aggrieved, and didn’t know how to explain it.

Gu Ning noticed the conflict between them but ignored it, and said to Chu Xuanfeng, “It’s fine. I’m not picky.”

“Great!” Since Gu Ning said that, Chu Xuanfeng didn’t insist. Most importantly, he was scared of his boss’s glance.

Aimee couldn’t tolerate it anymore, and made an excuse walking outside. However, nobody stopped her.

“I’m so sorry. I hope Aimee doesn’t ruin your appetite,” Adam apologized to them.

“It’s OK. Never mind,” Situ Ye said airily. He thought that it would be better if Aimee was absent. After all, Situ Ye maintained a good relationship with the Hill family, and they had helped each other a lot, so he wouldn’t punish her for the sake of the Hill family even though he disliked her. As long as what Aimee did didn’t exceed his limits, he would be tolerant.

A few minutes later, the dishes were all on the table, and they started to enjoy the meal.

“Gu Ning, what are you up to recently?” Situ Ye asked.

“I’m busy dealing with the opening ceremony of a branch of my jewelry store, and I came to City G this time to fetch jade jewelry,” Gu Ning said.

She actually didn’t want to tell Situ Ye, because she knew that he was going to send her an expensive gift once he heard of it. However, if she didn’t tell him now, he would find out sooner or later, and he would probably blame her for not telling him earlier.

“A branch? Where?” Situ Ye asked.

“In City B,” Gu Ning said. “When is the opening ceremony? Am I invited?” Situ Ye said, staring straight at Gu Ning.

Gu Ning was amused. She knew what Situ Ye was implying. “Of course you are and I’ll tell you once the date is settled.”

After the meal, Gu Ning left to deal with her business.

Before long, Gu Ning discovered that someone was following her. She turned around and noticed a taxi following behind her car. It was Aimee.

Gu Ning wasn’t surprised at all. Nevertheless, she didn’t want Aimee to find out the location of her factory in case she would do something to damage it in the future, so she told the driver to stop the car when there was less traffic.

“Wait for me in the car,” Gu Ning said, then got out.

Aimee, who was following her, got out of the taxi as well. Although Aimee didn’t know what Gu Ning was going to do, her aim was to catch Gu Ning.

“What do you want to do by stalking me?” Gu Ning asked directly.

Aimee was surprised that Gu Ning had already discovered that she was stalking her.

“What’s your relationship with Situ?” Aimee asked.

“None of your business,” Gu Ning said.

“You…” Aimee was mad, and said with an evil expression, “He’s my man, and I won’t allow any women to seduce him!”

Aimee didn’t care whether Gu Ning was innocent, she believed that it must have been Gu Ning who seduced Situ Ye first.

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
“He didn’t admit that you’re his woman,” Gu Ning said coldly.

“None of your business! I won’t allow any woman to approach Situ!” Aimee was furious.

Gu Ning thought that Aimee was exactly like Feng Xueqin, who also went crazy from love.

“What do you want to do?” Gu Ning crossed her arms over her chest.

Aimee clenched her teeth in anger. “I’ll ruin your face, so Situ won’t like you anymore.” Saying that, she took out a fruit knife from her pocket and attacked Gu Ning at once. Aimee exercised a lot so she moved fast, and slashed at Gu Ning’s face within a second. She raised the knife in her hand to cut Gu Ning’s face.

Chapter 593 Grudge Fight

However, Aimee’s speed was nothing compared with Gu Ning’s. Just as the knife in her hand was about to touch Gu Ning’s face, Gu Ning caught her wrist and forced her to stop.

“You…” Aimee rounded her eyes in shock. How is it possible?

When the two drivers realized that Aimee was attacking Gu Ning, Gu Ning had already caught Aimee’s hand, which astonished them.

The driver of the private car walked over at once, while the taxi driver drove the taxi away and escaped. He didn’t even ask Aimee for the fee. To his astonishment, he encountered a killer. Although she failed, she had the intention to kill another girl.

“Miss Gu, are you alright?” The driver of the private car walked to Gu Ning in a hurry. Although he didn’t know Gu Ning’s identity, the chairman’s secretary had arranged for the hotel to receive her, so he knew that she must be an important figure. If anything bad happened to Gu Ning, he would probably lose his job.

“I’m fine,” Gu Ning said.

Seeing that Gu Ning was safe, the driver stood aside in silence.

“How-how did you…” Aimee was still in shock.

“Why couldn’t I? Do you think that I’m weak?” Gu Ning sneered.

Aimee struggled at once to get rid of Gu Ning’s hand. However, Gu Ning, of course, wouldn’t let her go.

When Aimee was about to attack Gu Ning again, Gu Ning broke her wrist without delay and the fruit knife fell on the ground, and was kicked away by Gu Ning afterwards.

Aimee groaned in pain, and her face turned pale. She felt quite embarrassed and got furious.

Gu Ning let Aimee go after she broke her wrist, but Aimee wouldn’t give up like that. Although her wrist was broken, she still believed that Gu Ning was just a young girl and she could easily beat her down. If she couldn’t teach Gu Ning an unforgettable lesson today, she would have nowhere to vent her anger.

In the following minutes, Aimee fought several rounds against Gu Ning, but she failed to gain any advantage. Instead, she was hurt and injured by Gu Ning everytime.

In the end, Gu Ning kicked her away and she fell on the ground with a loud sound. Aimee could barely stand up after this hit, so she glared at Gu Ning while lying on the ground. “How dare you hit me? The Hill family in Country Y won’t let you get away with it!”

The Hill family? Gu Ning frowned a little. She had heard of the Hill family, which was a powerful ancient family in Country Y. Even so, Gu Ning wasn’t afraid of them, because it was Aimee who had attacked her in the first place. In addition, Gu Ning believed that Situ Ye would help her.

“Oh, really? If your family is as unreasonable as you, I’m curious how they’ll punish me for it,” Gu Ning sneered again with disdain, then she turned around to get in the private car and left. For the sake of Situ Ye, Gu Ning still called him.

“Situ, Aimee stalked me and tried to ruin my face, but I ended up injuring her at XX Road,” Gu Ning said.

“What? Aimee stalked you and even tried to ruin your face?” Situ Ye was shocked as well as angry. He didn’t care that Gu Ning had injured Aimee.

Situ Ye and the others were drinking tea in a tea room at that moment. When Adam heard what Situ Ye said on the phone, he was astonished.

“What?” Chu Xuanfeng was also greatly surprised. “Is Gu Ning alright?”.

Situ Ye hung up the call and seemed extremely displeased.

“Situ, I’m sorry. I didn’t know that Aimee would…” Adam explained at once. It was beyond his expectation that Aimee would attack Gu Ning. “How is Miss Gu now?”

“She’s fine, but Aimee is injured. Aimee attacked her in the first place and I don’t want it to happen again.” Situ Ye coldly stared at Adam and warmed him seriously, “Not only because I want to protect her, but she’s also a figure you can’t hurt.”

Even Situ Ye didn’t want to annoy Leng Shaoting. The Hill family was barely comparable to the Leng family.

Adam wasn’t an idiot, so he listened to Situ Ye. Moreover, if Gu Ning was just an ordinary girl, Situ Ye wouldn’t treat her so well.

“Sure,” Adam Hill said.

After that, Situ Ye sent someone along with Adam to pick Aimee up.

Although there was less traffic on that road, there were many people who saw the scene when Gu Ning and Aimee fought against each other. Some of them even filmed it.

Gu Ning didn’t think further so she just ignored them. However, someone uploaded the video on the Internet, and it soon went viral.

A young girl beat a foreign woman down in City G. Is it a grudge fight? [Video Attached]

Besides, there was only the part when Gu Ning kicked Aimee away in the video, and the title obviously aimed to criticize Gu Ning. Without the previous part when Aimee attacked Gu Ning, everyone thought that Gu Ning was a bully and blamed Gu Ning for everything.

“This girl is so violent!”

“She left right after kicking the woman!”

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
“The private car costs at least a million yuan. She must be born in a rich family, which explains why she’s so arrogant!”

“So what? Rich people can beat others down without taking responsibility?”

“I want to know what happens to the girl next.”

“Put her in jail!”

Many Internet users started to swear at Gu Ning

Chapter 594 Gu Ning Is Cleared

Luckily, there were people with reason and sided with Gu Ning.

“Although we see the foreign woman being kicked in the video, it’s clear that the video isn’t complete. We don’t know what happened before that, so we can’t jump to the conclusion that it’s the girl’s fault.”

“Agree. It’s too arbitrary to draw a conclusion from such an incomplete video. I believe the police will find out the truth, and we can criticize the girl if it’s really her fault then.”

“Exactly! Won’t you feel ashamed if it turns out to be the woman’s fault?”

“Although I think that this girl is a little violent, I have to admit that she’s really good at kung fu.”

“Oh, she must be a kung fu master!”

After that, many Internet users began to discuss Gu Ning’s kung fu level.

“Hey, aren’t we criticizing the girl for her violent behavior?”

“Come one, nobody knows the truth yet!”

Even so, many Internet users still kept swearing at Gu Ning and even @ (mentioned) the Public Security Bureau of City G and many departments of City G’s government in this hot topic. Before long, the police were involved, but Gu Ning had just arrived at the factory and had no idea what was happening on the Internet.

Adam didn’t surf the Internet, so he had no idea about it either. After he found Aimee, he sent her to the hospital without delay.

“Why did you do that?” Adam questioned Aimee.

“Situ treated her differently. She seduced Situ!” Aimee was still mad.

“It’s none of your business. Situ dislikes you anyway,” Adam warned. “Situ said that he hopes that you would stop trying to hurt Miss Gu, otherwise he’ll punish you.”

“What? He’ll punish me for that bitch?” Aimee was in a rage, like Situ Ye had cheated on her.

Adam stared at Aimee, and coldly said, “Stop being so stupid. Situ hasn’t punished you yet just because you’re a member of the Hill family. If you dare to annoy Situ, the Hill family won’t protect you.”

He was right. Although Aimee was born in the Hill family, the Hill family didn’t lack heirs or heiresses. If Aimee dared to hurt the family’s benefits, she would be abandoned without a doubt.

Aimee’s face turned pale at once in fear but she didn’t give up her revenge on Gu Ning. She just made up her mind not to be discovered. In fact, she was digging her own grave.

The police checked the surveillance cameras later, and found out that Aimee was the one who had attacked Gu Ning in the first place, but the police needed more evidence to clear Gu Ning’s name.

After checking the number plate of the private car in the surveillance video, the police found that it belonged to the Huangdeng Hotel. If the foreign woman had a close relationship with the Huangdeng Hotel, the police would have to stop investigating this case because the Huangdeng Hotel had the Tang family’s support. It wasn’t shameful to avoid annoying the powerful, because that was how this society worked.

No matter how those Internet users criticized Gu Ning on the Internet, it was undeniable that the foreign woman had attacked Gu Ning in the first place.

When the hotel manager saw the surveillance video, he was scared because he was worried that Gu Ning might be hurt and he would lose his job. Therefore, he called Quan Mingkai at once and reported it. However, as a manager of the Huangdeng Hotel, he was able to deal with this accident.

The manager told the police that the young girl in the surveillance video was an important figure, and that the secretary of the chairman of Tanghuang Group had told them to receive her.

The police understood that Gu Ning wasn’t an ordinary girl, so they stopped investigating.

When Quan Mingkai heard about it, he was surprised. Even though Gu Ning was safe now, he was still worried and called Tang Yunfan without hesitation. Tang Yunfan was annoyed when he heard about it and called Gu Ning at once.

“Dad, don’t worry. I’m fine, don’t forget that I’m a kung fu master, ha-ha,” Gu Ning joked to allay Tang Yunfan’s annoyance.

Hearing that, Tang Yunfan remembered that Gu Ning had easily beaten Cao Wenxin, and she could protect herself well. However, Tang Yunfan still felt guilty that Gu Ning had to protect herself all on her own throughout the past years.

Gu Ning added, “I broke the woman’s wrist and kicked her away with great force. She won’t be able to leave the hospital in the next few days.”

“She deserves it!” Tang Yunfan said.

After that, the police released the complete surveillance video on the Internet.

To Clear the Young Girl’s Name (Video Attached]

Once the news went out, it went viral again.

“Jesus! It’s the woman who attacked the girl first!”

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
“The woman asked for it!”

“Put the woman in jail!”

“The girl is so awesome!”

“Indeed, she stayed calm and fought back on time.”

“I hate the woman now.”

Chapter 595 Shao Feifei Attacks Gu Ning

“See? Those who have sworn at the girl, don’t you feel embarrassed now?”

“Shouldn’t those who have sworn at the girl apologize to the girl now?”

“Apologize!”

“Apologize!”

Many people requested for those who had sworn at Gu Ning to apologize to her.

Although there were many haters on the Internet, most people were able to stay calm and wait for the truth.

After a short while, some of those who had sworn at Gu Ning apologized to her.

“I’m sorry for my unkind comments on the girl.”

“Me too.”

“What’s going on recently? How come so many girls who are good at kung fu have appeared all of a sudden?”

“What? So many? What has happened?”

“Tell us!”

“Tell us!”

Afterwards, an Internet user sent out several news links.

A car accident on a highway in City D. A brave and powerful girl caught its wheel! [Pictures Attached).

In the capital, a man kidnapped a boy on a bridge. A girl caught the man from his back. (Video Attached]

In City G, migrant workers had severe conflict with a land developer. A girl alone beat a group of security officers down. (Video Attached]

Big News: The Secretary of Municipal Party Committee, Yuan Jisong, was stabbed by a crazy man at the outside of the Government Center. A young girl kicked the crazy man away on time and her partner caught the criminal. (Photo Attached]

A girl saved a female fan’s life at the airport. [Pictures Attached]

Although the above news had all gone viral previously not everyone had read or heard of them before. However, the girl in the pictures or videos became quite popular at once now.

“Jesus, she’s so unbelievable! She must be a kung fu master! I wish she could teach me kung fu.”

“Wow, it’s so exciting. Are those girls in the pictures and videos the same person?”

“I have the same idea.”

“There is a picture of her face in the fifth piece of news! She’s a beauty!”

“OMG!”

“She is a real goddess!”

“Does anyone know anything about her? I want to know more about her!”

The news went abroad within seconds. Unfortunately, Gu Ning wasn’t a celebrity and didn’t have a Weibo account. Otherwise, the number of her followers would increase dramatically.

Right now, the mysterious girl in the above news became a hot topic on the Internet, which surprised everyone, including celebrities. Many of the stars paid a lot to buy a hot topic, but this mysterious girl became popular without making an effort. In addition, the mysterious girl became famous because she had helped many innocent people, so the majority of the Internet users admired her very much.

It couldn’t be a publicity stunt, because nobody would risk his or her life to do that.

After the news went viral, Chu Peihan and the others finally heard what had happened to Gu Ning, and they were all mad at the foreign woman’s crazy behavior. Chu Peihan immediately left a comment under the news.

“What the f*ck! How dare she attack my boss! If the foreign woman reads my comment, come to City F and meet me!”

Once Chu Peihan’s comment was sent out, everyone got to know that the mysterious girl came from City F. And they started to @ Chu Peihan and asked for information about the mysterious girl.

“Hey, is the girl from City F? What’s her name?”

“Hey, do you have her number?”

“Hey, please tell me more about her!”

Chu Peihan received a lot of private messages from a bunch of strangers within a minute, and she was shocked. “Jesus, did I say something I shouldn’t have?”

“They’re eager to find out more information about our boss, and you told them that you know our boss, and even told them that boss comes from City F. They will, of course, ask you,” Hao Ran said. It was very simple. How come Chu Peihan couldn’t figure it out?

“I’ll delete the comment right now!” Chu Peihan deleted her comment at once.

“It’s useless, because they already know your account,” Mu Ke said.

“Well, I won’t log in again,” Chu Peihan said airily.

From the beginning to the end, the problem was already solved before Gu Ning dealt with it herself. However, when Shao Feifei read the news, she was shocked by Gu Ning’s outstanding ability, but she was more jealous of Gu Ning when everyone started to admire Gu Ning.

When a person got jealous, he or she would lose their reason. Therefore, Shao Feifei applied for a new account and began to attack Gu Ning under the news.

“Everyone, don’t be fooled by her appearance! This girl is named Gu Ning, and I study in the same school as her. She fights a lot in our school, and is always absent from classes. Half a year ago, she was still a poor girl, but now she has over a hundred million yuan in wealth. Do you think it’s normal? A hint: She plays around with all kinds of men every day.”

Once the comment was out, it threw a bomb into the crowd on the Internet.

“Really? No way! How can she make over a hundred million yuan within half a year? It’s impossible.”

“She fights a lot in her school and is always absent from classes? She’s a bad girl!”

“I don’t believe that.”

“Is it real?”

“If it’s true, it’s so disgusting.”

“I just thought that she is a goddess. It turns out she’s a bitch!”

“I feel disgusted.”

“I prefer to be silent before the truth comes out.”

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
“Me too. It’s just a comment left by a stranger. Who knows whether it’s real or not.”

“I think it’s not true.”

“I don’t believe it either. Nobody would risk his or her life for a publicity stunt.”

“Agree.”

All in all, a third of Internet users believed it, a third of Internet users stayed neutral, while a third of Internet users didn’t believe it. Either way, it affected Gu Ning’s reputation now.

Chapter 596 A Goddess? A Model? An Idol?

“What the f*ck! Who left the comment?” At that moment, Hao Ran was having a class when he read the news, and he couldn’t help but shout out loud in anger, which scared his classmates and his teacher in the classroom.

“Hao Ran, what’s wrong with you?” His teacher criticized him. Although he knew that Hao Ran wasn’t a good student, and he didn’t care whether Hao Ran attended his classes or slept in his classes, he wouldn’t allow Hao Rao to affect other students in the classroom.

“Someone in our school attacked Gu Ning on the Internet,” Hao Ran said with annoyance.

“What? Really?” They had all heard of Gu Ning, who was the top student in their grade.

“What? Someone attacked our boss on the Internet?” Qin Zixun and Zhang Tianping were also mad.

“Let me see it.” Hearing that, Mr. Fang walked to Hao Ran.

Everyone in the classroom took out their phones.

“The most liked comment under the hottest topic on the Internet now,” Hao Ran added, and they all read the news and comment.

When Mr. Fang finished reading the news and the comment he was displeased. Whether this comment was true or not, this comment damaged Gu Ning’s reputation and also damaged the reputation of their school.

“Is the girl in the pictures and videos Gu Ning? Oh my, Gu Ning is such a great girl!” Some students were greatly impressed by the news.

“Yes, Gu Ning did all of those great things,” Hao Ran said.

Mr. Fang was also surprised by what Gu Ning had done. In that case, he was unwilling to see Gu Ning being slandered on the Internet.

“You may study on your own for a while, I need to go to the principal’s office,” Mr. Fang said, he had to report it to the principal immediately.

Once Mr. Fang was gone, Hao Ran told his friends in their WeChat group about what had happened to Gu Ning.

“F*ck, who dares to attack my boss on the Internet!” Chu Peihan jumped up in anger. “I promise that I’ll beat him or her!”

Everyone in the classroom was shocked by Chu Peihan’s abrupt movement. However, before their teacher could question her, the bell rang and the class was over.

“Hey, you all, read the hottest topic on the Internet right now. Someone is slandering Gu Ning, and we must swear at him or her!” Chu Peihan gave an order to everyone in the classroom.

This class was held by their head teacher, Jiang Yuan but he didn’t scold Chu Peihan’s rude behavior immediately. Instead, he took out his phone as well to see what was going on. As a teacher, he wasn’t willing to see the school being involved in a scandal.

Seeing that the teacher didn’t say anything, all the students took out their phones to read the hottest topic on the Internet. Not all of them were eager to help Gu Ning, but they were all curious about it. After reading the news and the comment, they were all shocked.

“Jesus! Gu Ning saved so many people’s lives?”

“I can’t believe my eyes! She beat a group of security officers by herself?”

“Is she really Gu Ning, not a superwoman?”

They all doubted whether the girl was Gu Ning, even though they already saw the picture of her face, because it was totally beyond their imagination.

“What? Gu Ning has over a hundred million yuan in wealth?”

“Impossible! Isn’t she really poor?”

“She became so rich within half a year. Is she…”

“Bullshit!” Chu Peihan interrupted at once. “Gu Ning relied on herself to make money. Everyone in the high society is aware of the fact that Gu Ning is the boss of Jade Beauty Jewelry. When the Jade Beauty Jewelry store opened in City G, half of the important figures in City G attended it.”

“What? Gu Ning is the boss of Jade Beauty Jewelry?” Hearing that, everyone was completely shocked. They had heard of Jade Beauty Jewelry, because it was so popular now. However, they couldn’t believe that the boss of the high-end jewelry brand was their schoolmate.

Let alone the students, even Jiang Yuan was astonished.

“I heard that the boss of Jade Beauty Jewelry made the first bucket of gold by stone gambling. In other words, Gu Ning knows how to gamble stones, and she’s quite good at it?”

“Exactly! Stone gambling is highly risky.” “Wow, Gu Ning is so amazing.”

“I think she’s a perfect goddess, model and idol!”

After that, most people sided with Gu Ning and went to swear at the person who had slandered Gu Ning.

“What’s wrong with you? Do you dare tell us your real name?”

“Gu Ning is the top student in our grade, so it’s understandable that she’s absent from classes.”

“She’s also the boss of Jade Beauty Jewelry!”

“Come on, we all know that Gu Ning relied on herself to be so successful now.”

“…..”

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
Within minutes, dozens of comments which supported Gu Ning appeared at the bottom of the news.

Many Internet users who paid attention to this news were shocked. Although some of them didn’t know Jade Beauty Jewelry, they searched it on the Internet and got to know a lot of shocking news about the brand.

All of a sudden, those who kept criticizing Gu Ning stopped commenting, because they were afraid of Gu Ning’s network.

After this news, not only Gu Ning, but Jade Beauty Jewelry also became popular again within a short time.

Although some thought that it was a publicity stunt by Jade Beauty Jewelry, most people sided with Gu Ning.

Chapter 597 Beat Shao Feifei

Once Jade Beauty Jewelry became a hot topic again, it attracted a lot of attention from other jewelry companies, and they all believed that it was a strong competitor. Therefore, more and more people started to pay attention to Jade Beauty Jewelry.

When many celebrities saw the posters of jade jewelry on the official website of Jade Beauty Jewelry, they were attracted too. It was hard to buy valuable jade jewelry now, but there were all kinds of jade jewelry of different levels in Jade Beauty Jewelry store.

Some might prefer high-end fashion brands, while some might choose jewelry of high quality. In fact, not all the products of high-end fashion brands were of good quality, and most people bought designer brands just for their fame. That being the case, many people became potential buyers of Jade Beauty Jewelry.

Without a doubt, Gu Ning gained a great advantage after the news went viral, although there were still many people swearing at her on the Internet.

However, Gu Ning had no idea about it, because she was on the private jet flying back to City B.

Shao Feifei, on the other hand, was focusing on the progress of the news. When most of the people were swearing at Gu Ning on the Internet, she gloated over her success, but she soon was scared and felt crazily jealous when she read the comments which criticized her.

How is it possible? Gu Ning is the boss of Jade Beauty Jewelry?

Mr. Fang went to the principal’s office, and the principal was discussing something with the dean of students.

“Mr. Fang, may I help?” the principal asked.

“Sir, someone is slandering Gu Ning on the Internet, and the news already went abroad,” Mr. Fang said, then showed the news page to the principal.

“What?” The principal was astonished, and took Mr. Fang’s phone at once. The dean of students went over as well.

After reading the news and comments, they were all impressed by Gu Ning’s brave behavior and mad at the student who said that she was studying in the same school as Gu Ning.

“Broadcast a warning to the student who slandered Gu Ning. Tell her to apologize at once or she’ll be expelled,” the principal ordered.

The principal did that not only for Gu Ning, but also for the reputation of their school.

“We have to post an official statement on our official website now to clear Gu Ning’s name.”

The dean of students went to make arrangements without delay.

After a while, the radio broadcast a notice, “Notice, notice! Whoever slandered Gu Ning on the Internet, please delete your comment and apologize to Gu Ning at once, or you’ll be expelled.”

Hearing that, everyone in the school was surprised.

Shao Feifei was really scared this time. To her astonishment, their school found out what she had done and even broadcast a warning.

In the meantime, the rest of the students all took out their phones to check the hottest topic on the Internet. The news went abroad in their school within a short time.

After reading the news, they were all shocked and impressed by Gu Ning’s good deeds, then began to defend Gu Ning and swore at the person who slandered her.

Although it all happened on the Internet, Shao Feifei still felt quite stressed. Even though she was reluctant to delete her comment, she was left with no choice now.

Once she deleted her comment, other people’s criticisms on her disappeared too. However, someone already took a screenshot of her comment, and posted it on the Internet, which caused more and more Internet users to start to swear at her.

After that, Shao Feifei posted her apologies to Gu Ning on the Internet.

“Gu Ning, I’m so sorry for what I’ve done. I did it just because I’m jealous of your beauty and your excellent performance in our school. Please forgive me and don’t sue me.”

Although Shao Feifei apologized, many Internet users had no intention to let her easily get away with it.

Chu Peihan was also dissatisfied, and said in their WeChat group.

Chu Peihan: I don’t think her apology is enough!

Hao Ran: What can we do now? Can you find out who did it?

Mu Ke: It isn’t easy.

Chu Peihan: I don’t think it’s difficult. I can turn to a hacker for help.

The Qing Gang could be so successful not only because they relied on their roughnecks, but because there were all kinds of skilled people in the gang. It was easy for a hacker to find an IP address.

Without hesitation, Chu Peihan sent the apology on the Internet to a hacker and told him to find its IP as soon as possible.

Within five minutes, she got the result. The person used a mobile phone to post the apology, and the hacker sent Chu Peihan the person’s phone number, ID card, name and pictures in the phone.

Shao Feifei!

Chu Peihan was surprised and sent the result to their WeChat group.

Chu Peihan: Let’s go beat her this afternoon! Who’ll go with me?

Hao Ran: Shao Feifei? She dared to scheme against our boss again?

Mu Ke: Although I hate Shao Feifei, I don’t beat girls.

Qin Zixun: Me neither. Peihan, I think you alone are enough, and we’ll go with you to support you.

Chu Peihan: Great!

Chu Peihan knew that they weren’t willing to beat girls, and she wouldn’t force them to do it. Anyway, she was able to beat Shao Feifei down alone.

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
Li Yuanmin was a young man around 27 years old, and his major was Website Design. He was the manager of the official website of Jade Beauty Jewelry. When he noticed that the number of page views and comments increased rapidly, he was shocked, and thought that maybe there was something wrong with the system. However, when he read the comments, he was more shocked than ever. Without a doubt, Jade Beauty Jewelry became a household name now.

Li Yuanmin started to reply to those comments.

After 3-hours of flying, Gu Ning and Zhou Zhenghong arrived at the airport of City B at 5:30 pm.

They carried two 26-inch suitcases which were filled with jade jewelry with them.

“Boss, is the white Lamborghini yours?” Zhou Zhenghong asked when they got off the private jet.

Chapter 598 Shao Feifei Is Doomed

“Yes,” Gu Ning answered.

Hearing that, Zhou Zhenghong was shocked by Gu Ning’s wealth once more.

Without further questioning, Zhou Zhenghong put the suitcases into the trunk, then got in the luxurious car.

“I’ll send you to the hotel first and you can have a rest today. I need you to go to our branch to get familiar with the staff and prepare for the opening ceremony tomorrow,” Gu Ning said.

Although the branch hadn’t opened yet, the staff were ready.

“No problem,” Zhou Zhenghong said.

In City F.

When it was 6 pm, the last class was over and all the students went to the canteen.

However, Chu Peihan suddenly appeared in front of Shao Feifei on the way and slapped her across her face a few times.

Seeing the scene, students around them were scared and ran away, including Wu Qingya and Yang Yulu who claimed to be Shao Feifei’s best friends.

It wasn’t uncommon that Chu Peihan publicly fought with others in their school, so she didn’t hesitate to beat Shao Feifei this time.

Although onlookers were confused about the reason why Chu Peihan beat Shao Feifei all of a sudden, they knew that Chu Peihan did it for a reason.

“Shao Feifei, how dare you slander Gu Ning!”

Hearing that, everyone was surprised. What? Shao Feifei slandered Gu Ning?

“Don’t think that you can get away with it with your insincere apologies. You must pay for what you’ve done!” Chu Peihan said while she kept beating and kicking Shao Feifei. However, nobody came forward to stop her. They were afraid of Chu Peihan and they were also mad at Shao Feifei because she was the one who had slandered Gu Ning on the Internet, so it was impossible that any of them were willing to help Shao Feifei.

“Why are you so sure that it’s Feifei who slandered Gu Ning?” Yang Chengjun arrived at this moment, and questioned Chu Peihan, but he didn’t walk forward to protect Shao Feifei, because he was afraid of Chu Peihan too.

“Why?” Chu Peihan sneered. “Do you want me to reveal the evidence? The best way to keep your dirty secrets is not to do bad deeds. You should know that there is a group of people called hackers in this world, right? As long as you use your phone or computer to post something on the Internet, it’s easy for them to track you down using your IP address.”

Hearing that, everyone was shocked. Luckily, they didn’t spread fake news on the Internet.

Yang Chengjun also shut his mouth now.

Chu Peihan knew that she couldn’t beat Shao Feifei to death, so she seriously injured her before she walked away.

Once Chu Peihan was gone, Wu Qingya and Yang Yulu called the ambulance and their teacher.

When Zhang Qiuhua arrived and got to know the reason, she was shocked by what Shao Feifei had done, but she also thought that Chu Peihan shouldn’t have beaten Shao Feifei like that in public, and she had to report this to the Academic Affairs office.

Nevertheless, Shao Feifei had to be sent to the hospital right away.

When Shao Feifei’s parents heard about it, they were furious. Although they knew that it was their daughter’s fault in the first place, they still thought that it wasn’t a big deal, and blamed Chu Peihan for everything. Therefore, they decided to defend their daughter in the school the next day.

At the same time, Gu Ning drove Zhou Zhenghong to the Huangdeng Hotel and booked two rooms. One was for Zhou Zhenghong, while the other was for Su Tongnuo and her assistant.

Afterwards, she arranged for an exclusive car from the hotel to be responsible for their following commutes.

As for jade jewelry, Gu Ning would take care of it because Gu Ning was a kung fu master, and jade jewelry would be safer with her than with Zhou Zhenghong.

When Gu Ning left, she put the two suitcases into her telepathic eye space.

After that, she went back to the Tang family’s house.

On the way, Gu Ning received Su Tongnuo’s call, and Su Tongnuo told her that she was already in City B.

Gu Ning told her to have a good rest tonight and that they would start to work tomorrow.

When Gu Ning arrived at the Tang family’s house, they were enjoying their dinner, so Gu Ning directly joined them.

“Ningning, I heard that your jewelry store is about to open? I have a party tomorrow and I can wear your jewelry to help you promote it,” Jiang Lihua said with anticipation.

“That’s a good idea. Thanks!” Gu Ning said.

“Well, we’re a family, you don’t need to thank me,” Jiang Lihua said.

“Sure,” Gu Ning said with a smile.

“Good girl!” Jiang Lihua was satisfied.

After dinner, Gu Ning told Tang Yunfan that she had encountered Feng Xueqin in private and that she wasn’t willing to see Gu Man being hurt by another woman because of him.

Tang Yunfan promised that he would never allow anyone to hurt Gu Man, and he would arrange more people to keep a close eye on Feng Xueqin. He also told Gu Ning not to tell Gu Man about Feng Xueqin, in case Gu Man would be upset.

Gu Ning agreed without hesitation.

When Gu Ning and Gu Man went back to Gu Ning’s house, Gu Man went to bed, but Gu Ning took out ten sets of jade jewelry that they were going to shoot tomorrow and put them into a small safe.

After that, she put the safe into her telepathic eye space.

The next day, Gu Ning drove Gu Man to the Tang family’s house as usual, then took out the safe from her telepathic eye space and put it on the front passenger’s seat before she went to pick Yu Zi up at the shopping

mall.

After Yu Zi, along with the gowns, got in her car, she called Su Tongnuo and told her to meet at the appointed place. Gu Ning and the others were going to the photo studio of the entertainment company under the name of the Tanghuang Group.

Because the hotel wasn’t far from the shopping mall, Su Tongnuo and Gu Ning arrived there at almost the same time.

Although Su Tongnuo wasn’t very famous now, she still put on a baseball cap and a mask.

Once Su Tongnuo got out of the car, she walked to Gu Ning and greeted her with great respect.

“Let me introduce you. Tongnuo, this is Yu Zi, the designer of Charm. Yu Zi, this is Su Tongnuo, the spokesperson of the jewelry brand,” Gu Ning introduced them to each other.

“Nice to meet you!”

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
“Nice to meet you too!”

The two greeted one another politely.

It was the first time that Yu Zi had seen an actress in person, so she was a little nervous and quite excited. She had dreamed that her designs could be worn by celebrities, but she never believed that it would come true so soon.

When Su Tongnuo noticed the safe in Gu Ning’s hand, she said, “I’ve never seen a boss like you who does everything in person.”

“Sometimes it’s not a bad thing to do some things in person,” Gu Ning said with a smile. “I’m the boss after all and I need to know how my company works.”

Chapter 599 Fei Nan

“Well, I think a boss should have a secretary and a personal driver as well. You drive yourself and you take the safe yourself. You don’t seem like a boss at all,” Su Tongnuo half joked. “Let Lin Xiaoxia help you carry it!”

Su Tongnuo was a star after all, so she wouldn’t take the safe herself.

“Boss, let me help you!” Lin Xiaoxia walked forward at once.

“No need. I can do it myself. Let’s go inside,” Gu Ning said, then walked ahead, followed by them.

Since Gu Ning said so, Lin Xiaoxia, of course, wouldn’t insist. In addition, it was obvious that the safe was filled with jewelry, so Lin Xiaoxia didn’t dare to take it either.

A group of them walked into the building, and a young man welcomed them asking Gu Ning politely, “Good morning, may I ask whether you’re Miss Gu?”

“Yes, I am,” Gu Ning said.

“Nice to meet you, Miss Gu. I’m the photographer, Fei Nan’s assistant, Yang Chao. I’m here to welcome you all,” Yang Chao said, then noticed the safe in Gu Ning’s hand. “Miss Gu, may I help?”

“Thanks. I can handle it myself. Let’s get inside!” Gu Ning said.

Since Gu Ning said so, Yang Chao didn’t insist. “Sure, please.”

Afterwards, they walked in together. However, when they approached the photo studio, they heard a noisy argument from inside.

“Fei Nan, didn’t you tell us that you’re on vacation? I asked you to take photos for me, but you rejected and now you suddenly appear?” a female voice questioned in anger.

“I don’t have time for you. Can’t you see that I’m busy here?” a man said with impatience.

Shen Ruiyin was an actress working for Tanghuang Entertainment, and she became a B-list star within three years after her debut. She was a good actress, but was now quite arrogant after she gained some fame.

“I don’t care. I want you to shoot photos for me today, and tell someone else to shoot the others for you,” Shen Ruiyin said in a domineering tone.

Fei Nan was the chief photographer of Tanghuang Entertainment and many celebrities loved his work. However, Fei Nan was also an artist with his own working principles. He listened to his boss, but listened to himself as well. Since he was the chief photographer, he had the right to choose.

In fact, Fei Nan planned to go on a vacation for a week in the beginning but Quan Mingkai had called him in person. Quan Mingkai even told him to be as polite as possible, so he thought that the person who came to this photo studio today had to be an important figure.

“I need to work now. Please get out of my way,” Fei Nan said and lost his patience.

“You…” Shen Ruiyin was mad. Right at this moment, her agent opened his mouth and asked, “Fei Nan, I didn’t hear that any actor in our company is going to shoot photos today. Who is the person you’re going to shoot today? If the person is a newcomer why don’t you let others do the work for you. Ruiyin’s value isn’t low, so you better think twice.”

“I should think twice?” Fei Nan was amused. “Wang Wei, if you want me to shoot Shen Ruiyin, go discuss it with my boss. I’m not the boss of this company, and I have no power to make decisions.”

“You…” Wang Wei didn’t expect Fei Nan to be so tough.

At that moment, Yang Chao guided Gu Ning and the others inside and they attracted everyone’s attention in the studio.

People noticed Su Tongnuo first, because she was the most noticeable person among them, and she behaved like a star. However, when Shen Ruiyin saw Gu Ning, she was upset, and felt jealous. The majority of the actresses in the entertainment industry were beautiful women and Shen Ruiyin was also very pretty. However, Gu Ning was more stunning than her.

Shen Ruiyin thought that Gu Ning was probably a newly-signed actress in the company and came here to shoot promotional photos. However, why did Fei Nan come to shoot a newcomer in person? Thinking of that, Shen Ruiyin was displeased.

“Hi, Miss Gu is here,” Yang Chao said to Fei Nan.

Fei Nan was a tall and handsome man who was around 30 years old. It was obvious that he exercised a lot, because he had an attractive build.

“Nice to meet you, Miss Gu. I’m your photographer today. My name is Fei Nan,” Fei Nan greeted Gu Ning politely at once.

“Nice to meet you too, Mr. Fei,” Gu Ning said with a smile, and shook hands with him gently. “Thank you so much for your help today.”

“My pleasure,” Fei Nan said.

Seeing Fei Nan being so polite to Gu Ning, both Wang Wei and Shen Ruiyin were dissatisfied.

“Are you a newcomer?” Shen Ruiyin asked in an aggressive tone, like she was more important than Gu Ning. However, before Gu Ning could say a word, she snapped at Gu Ning without delay, “Since you’re just a newcomer, you should learn the rules here. Never compete against an experienced actor for a photographer!”

Gu Ning gave her a cold glance, and didn’t bother to explain. “Or what?”

“You…” To Shen Ruiyin’s astonishment, Gu Ning was so proud.

“Mr. Fei, I don’t have much time, so please clear this set as soon as possible,” Gu Ning said to Fei Nan. Gu Ning sounded cold, but wasn’t picking on Fei Nan. She aimed to chase those uninvited guests away.

“You’re merely a newcomer. You can’t chase us away!” Shen Ruiyin raised her voice. She felt that she had been humiliated.

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
“Yes, I’m chasing you away. So what?” Gu Ning was extremely displeased because Shen Ruiyin prevented her from doing her work. If Shen Ruiyin worked for her company, she would fire her without hesitation.

Actually, Tang Yunfan couldn’t tolerate such people either, but he was the chairman of a large business group after all, and he was always busy dealing with important issues. Moreover, Shen Ruiyin could help the company make money, so the staff here all accepted her bad temper.

Business men all valued benefits most.

“You…” Shen Ruiyin was irritated again by Gu Ning’s cold attitude. Right at that moment, Fei Nan interrupted. “Mr. Wang and Miss. Shen, please leave right now.”

“No! I won’t leave here today unless you shoot the photos for me!” Shen Ruiyin argued.

Chapter 600 A Battle Between Fans

“Wang Wei, Shen Ruiyin behaves like a 3-year-old child, are you’re a kid too? If you have the ability to make the general manager order me to shoot for her, I’ll listen to you. If you don’t, get out now!” Fei Nan coldly said to Wang Wei.

Wang Wei was furious, but he didn’t know what to say, because he didn’t have the ability to make the general manager help him, so he could only pull Shen Ruiyin walking away. However, when Shen Ruiyin walked past Su Tongnuo, she recognized Su Tongnuo’s face, and couldn’t believe her eyes.

“Su Tongnuo!” Shen Ruiyin was surprised. She was so jealous of Su Tongnuo when Su Tongnuo had become a hot topic on the Internet a while ago. Although Shen Ruiyin was already a B-list actress now, Su Tongnuo was still more famous and beautiful than her, which made Shen Ruiyin feel jealous too.

All of a sudden, Shen Ruiyin turned to Fei Nan and criticized him seriously, “Fei Nan, you’re shooting for an actress from another entertainment company. Don’t you know that it’s not allowed in our company?”

It sounded like she was his boss, but actually she wasn’t. However, Shen Ruiyin was right. Fei Nan worked for Tanghuang Entertainment, and he according to the rules shouldn’t shoot for other actors from other entertainment companies, because they were competitors. Unfortunately, she didn’t know that it was their boss who assigned this task to Fei Nan.

“Shen Ruiyin, report me or not, but go away!” Fei Nan totally lost his patience and got mad.

“You…” Shen Ruiyin was struck speechless.

“Let’s go now!” Looking at Fei Nan’s attitude Wang Wei realized that this shoot could have been arranged by the senior management, so he didn’t dare stay here any longer and pulled Shen Ruiyin walking outside.

Although Shen Ruiyin was annoyed, she listened to Wang Wei and followed him, walking away.

Once Wang Wei and Shen Ruiyin were gone, Gu Ning introduced Su Tongnuo and Fei Nan to one another before Su Tongnuo went to put on make-up.

“Wang Wei, how could Fei Nan do that to us!” Shen Ruiyin pouted and complained to Wang Wei when they walked out of the photo studio.

“Alright, I think that the shoot must have been arranged or allowed by the senior management today, so Fei Nan remained so tough,” Wang Wei said. He was annoyed too.

Since Wang Wei said that, Shen Ruiyin didn’t say anything further, but she had no intention to let it go.

“Well, you can go to work now. I need to deal with something else now,” Wang Wei said then turned around walking away.

When Wang Wei left, Shen Ruiyin said to her assistant, “Take a photo of my back and tell Xiao Du to send me a picture of what’s going on in the photo studio now. Be quick!”

Xiao Du worked in the photo studio too, and he came from the same village as Shen Ruiyin’s assistant, so they maintained a good relationship. Because of Shen Ruiyin’s assistant, Xiao Du had done Shen Ruiyin a lot of favors, and he also had gained many benefits from Shen Ruiyin.

Hearing that, Shen Ruiyin’s assistant understood that she was going to slander Su Tongnuo. As Shen Ruiyin’s assistant, she was worried that the scheme would be exposed, but she had to obey Shen Ruiyin’s order.

After that, she took a picture of Shen Ruiyin’s back along with the outside of the photo studio. Later, she sent a message to Xiao Du, and Shen Ruiyin went to shoot.

Actors needed many beautiful and professional photos. Some of them were for promotion, while others might be posted on the official websites of their companies.

About an hour later, Shen Ruiyin’s assistant received a picture taken by Xiao Du. He took the picture secretly from afar, so it wasn’t clear, but it was enough.

Shen Ruiyin was in the middle of shooting now, so she planned to conduct her scheme later.

When they had a break at noon, Shen Ruiyin logged into a Weibo account which few people knew was hers. Although this Weibo account didn’t have as many followers as her official account, it still had hundreds of thousands of followers.

Shen Ruiyin posted the two pictures on Weibo at once.

Big news! Rude Su Tongnuo grabbed the photo studio and photographer away from poor Shen Ruiyin, who left in loneliness. [Pictures Attached]

Once the news was out, it went viral, and it threw a bomb among Shen Ruiyin’s fans.

“Who the hell is Su Tongnuo?”

“I think she’s an actress who just became popular again.”

“She’s so rude!”

“How dare she grab the photo studio and photographer away from Ruiyin!”

Although the amount of Su Tongnuo’s fans was smaller than Shen Ruiyin’s, she had many loyal fans who stood out to defend her at this moment.

“Enough! Do you have evidence? These are just two pictures, which can’t prove anything.”

“Exactly! It’s just a publicity stunt.”

“Ruiyin is already famous now. She doesn’t need a publicity stunt!”

“No solid evidence. It’s just a slander! Support Tongnuo.”

“Support Tongnuo!” “You’re crazy fans just like your crazy idol.”

“F*ck off!”

“Shen Ruiyin, why don’t you explain it in person?”

“Agree!”

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
Shen Ruiyin’s fans and Su Tongnuo’s fans began to argue fiercely on Weibo, which attracted a lot of attention from common Internet users, and they joined the battle too.

“Wow, Fenghua Entertainment is competing against Tanghuang Entertainment!”

“I heard Fenghua Entertainment isn’t officially established yet.”

Some staff working for Tanghuang Entertainment also saw the news, and they were all surprised that Su Tongnuo was in the middle of shooting in their company now. Several of them were Su Tongnuo’s fans too, so they ran to have a look, but Su Tongnuo and the others had already left for lunch.

At the same time, they didn’t believe that Su Tongnuo had grabbed the photo studio and photographer away from Shen Ruiyin.

Chapter 601 A Spy

They knew Shen Ruiyin’s personality to some extent, and it was impossible that someone could grab a photo studio away from her, because she would argue loudly if it really happened. Of course, they didn’t know that Shen Ruiyin remained quiet not because she hadn’t heard of it yet, but because she was the one who had posted it on the Internet.

In addition, there were many photo studios and photographers in Tanghuang Entertainment, so there was no need for others to grab them away from Shen Ruiyin. Therefore, it was obvious that someone posted on the Internet on purpose.

However, even though they knew that it wasn’t Su Tongnuo’s fault, they wouldn’t say anything, because they weren’t sure whether it was a publicity stunt. After all, a publicity stunt was something an actress needed, so they wouldn’t side with anyone for now, in case they might ruin its effect.

Members of Fei Nan’s photographic team all thought that it was very ridiculous when they read the hot topic on Weibo, because the truth was completely different from it. A member wanted to clear Su Tongnuo’s name, but she couldn’t smear Shen Ruiyin, because she wasn’t sure who did it yet. In that case, it was better if she was neutral.

“Everyone, calm down and think twice. It is a photo studio in the building of Tanghuang Entertainment. Do you think an actress from another company could easily get in it and use it without the permission of Tanghuang Entertainment?”

Once that comment was out, many people realized that it hit the point. It was a photo studio in the building of Tanghuang Entertainment anyway. Without the permission of Tanghuang Entertainment, nobody was able to get in or even use it.

Shen Ruiyin was eager to smear Su Tongnuo, so she didn’t think about it. Of course, some people also believed that Su Tongnuo must have settled some dirty deals with the senior management of Tanghuang Entertainment, so that she was allowed to use the photo studio.

Nevertheless, some people also pointed out that it was a violation of rules in Tanghuang Entertainment if the senior management allowed an actress from another company to use their photo studio. Some agreed on that, while some still didn’t believe it.

The entertainment industry was a universally acknowledged dirty place, so it was hard for others to believe that Su Tongnuo was innocent.

As an actress signed by Fenghua Entertainment, Fenghua Entertainment of course paid attention to her movement. The moment the scandal became a hot topic, Fenghua Entertainment noticed it, but its public relation department didn’t take action right away. An actress needed fame and attention the most. Since someone was helping them gain publicity, they, of course, wouldn’t stop it.

Although Su Tongnuo was amid criticisms now, she would leave a good impression on those onlookers once the truth was revealed.

Gu Ning didn’t hear about it until Quan Mingkai called her a while later.

When she received Quan Mingkai’s call, she was dining with Su Tongnuo, Lin Xiaoxia, Yu Zi and Fei Nan in a private room.

Reading the hot topic, Gu Ning figured out who did it without guessing. She knew that Shen Ruiyin would try to get revenge.

“Lady Ning, I’ll arrange someone to help you clear Su Tongnuo’s name right now,” Quan Mingkai said feeling sorry about that.

Since Gu Ning already called Tang Yunfan her dad, Quan Mingkai addressed her differently now.

“I don’t think it’s a good idea.” Gu Ning rejected. “Su Tongnuo needs fame now, so let it be.”

“Do you need me to promote it?” Quan Mingkai asked.

“Thanks, Uncle Quan, but we don’t need to do that, because it’ll be too obvious and might end up causing bad effects,” Gu Ning said.

Since Gu Ning said so, Quan Mingkai didn’t insist. “Well, do we need to find out who did it?”

Gu Ning thought for a while then said, “Not now. Let’s see how it develops.”

Gu Ning was curious about what Shen Ruiyin would do next. If Shen Ruiyin stopped, she would give her a chance, otherwise she would pay her back.

When Gu Ning told Su Tongnuo her plan, Su Tongnuo wasn’t worried at all and chose to believe Gu Ning. This wasn’t the first time that she had been amid criticisms, and Gu Ning had solved the crisis very well last time.

“Tongnuo, why aren’t you worried at all?” Seeing Su Tongnuo being so relaxed, Yu Zi was concerned. She thought that Su Tongnuo probably didn’t know how dangerous the entertainment industry was.

Su Tongnuo smiled and said with confidence, “I don’t think that there is anything to be worried about as long as my boss is here.”

Hearing that, Yu Zi turned to look at Gu Ning who seemed calm and confident too, then she realized that their boss wasn’t a simple girl. Therefore, she stopped being worried.

“Well.” Gu Ning suddenly opened her mouth again, but said to Fei Nan with a meaningful look. “I think there is a spy in your team.”

It must be a spy who had leaked the photo of the photo studio.

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
Fei Nan’s expression changed at once.

“I’ll find out,” he said coldly. Fei Nan hated spies the most, and he wouldn’t allow a spy to work in his team.

“Jesus, Jade Beauty Jewelry is one of the hottest topics on Weibo!”

Lin Xiaoxia said in surprise all of a sudden, and everyone turned to look at Gu Ning with confusion. It wasn’t easy to be a hot topic on Weibo after all, especially if it was about business.

Gu Ning was also surprised, but she had no idea what had happened.

Chapter 602 Are You an Idiot

“Jesus!” Lin Xiaoxia exclaimed in shock again.

“What’s wrong?” Su Tongnuo was worried.

“Read it yourself.” Lin Xiaoxia didn’t know how to explain it, so she put her phone on the tale, and others approached to read it.

It was the news about Gu Ning and Jade Beauty Jewelry. After reading it, Gu Ning understood what had happened, but she wasn’t surprised. The others, on the other hand, all rounded their eyes in great shock.

“Boss, are you a kung fu master?”

“Boss, are you an alien?”

Gu Ning was amused. Alright, she had to admit that it looked very unbelievable in ordinary people’s eyes.

Fei Nan was also astonished. He had served in the army for three years, and kept exercising in his daily life but he knew that he was barely comparable to Gu Ning.

She was so young! However, she was already the boss of a high-end jewelry brand, and now was involved in the entertainment industry. She even had an unusual relationship with Tanghuang Entertainment. She couldn’t be a simple girl!

As time went by, Su Tongnuo became a hot topic on Weibo. All the stars who ached to be a hot topic felt very jealous of her, because Su Tongnuo had already done it several times within a month. In addition, there were more supporters than haters of Su Tongnuo this time.

Probably because of the previous news reversal, Su Tongnuo left a good impression on many people, while Shen Ruiyin had a bad reputation.

All in all, it was still unclear whether Su Tongnuo had grabbed the photo studio and photographer away from Shen Ruiyin. Even if Su Tongnuo had done that, Tanghuang Entertainment should be the first one who came out to explain it. Therefore, most people believed that Su Tongnuo was innocent.

In the meantime, some still thought that Su Tongnuo must have made some dirty deals with the senior management of Tanghuang Entertainment so that she was able to use the photo studio.

Wang Wei didn’t know that Shen Ruiyin had caused such a big problem on the Internet until hours later. Without doubt, he knew that it must be Shen Ruiyin who had posted the pictures, so he called her without delay. “Did you post the pictures on Weibo?”

Although Wang Wei was certain that it must have been Shen Ruiyin, he still had to ask for her answer at first.

“Yes.” Shen Ruiyin didn’t deny it, like she wouldn’t deny her relationship with Wang Wei.

“Are you an idiot? Don’t you know that it’s a very cheap trick? Once our company clears Su Tongnuo and the truth is revealed, your career will be ruined,” Wang Wei snapped at her. He didn’t expect that Shen Ruiyin could be so stupid.

“I didn’t use my own Weibo account. Nobody will find it out!” Shen Ruiyin said airily. It wasn’t the first time that she had done it after all.

“You’re truly an idiot! Don’t you know that you’re the number one suspect in this mess? It’s obvious that the pictures were taken at the photo studio, so Fei Nan can easily find out who did it. If the person betrays you, your career will be ruined!” Wang Wei almost shouted in anger.

When he had signed Shen Ruiyin a few years ago, she had been a modest, smart girl. However, she became very arrogant once she gained some fame.

Hearing that, Shen Ruiyin finally panicked. “What-what should we do now?”

“What else do you think we can do now? Delete the post right now and post your apology. Say it’s a mistake and then use your own Weibo account to repost it. Use the excuse that you’ve been busy all the time, so you didn’t see the hot topic until now, and it’s not true.” Wang Wei was regretful now that he had signed Shen Ruiyin.

“Sure-sure.” Although Shen Ruiyin was reluctant to do that, she had to listen to Wang Wei for the sake of her career.

Before long, Shen Ruiyin deleted the pictures and sent out another post.

“I’m sorry! It’s a mistake and not true that Su Tongnuo grabbed the photo studio away from Shen Ruiyin. Please forgive me.’

Once this post was out, it threw another bomb on Weibo.

Most Internet users believed that Su Tongnuo was innocent from the very beginning, so they started to attack this Weibo account user now.

At the same time, Shen Ruiyin’s fans were also amid criticisms now.

“Ha-ha! Another news reversal!”

“What can you say right now?”

“Haters are pests!”

“Well, maybe this Weibo account user apologized under threat.”

“I agree.”

“Why do you believe the post that Su Tongnuo grabbed the photo studio away from Shen Ruiyin, but now refuse to believe this post that it’s not true?”

“Those people are brain-washed stupid fans, and they only believe what they want to see.”

“Calm down, guys. Both Shen Ruiyin and Su Tongnuo are still quiet now.”

Lin Xiaoxia had been following the trend of the hot topic on Weibo all the time, so she saw the apology the moment it was sent out. Gu Ning and others read it afterwards but they didn’t react at once.

Gu Ning was curious about what Shen Ruiyin would do next. If she was willing to clear Su Tongnuo’s name, Gu Ning would let her go this time.

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
About a dozen minutes later, Shen Ruiyin used her own Weibo account to repost the apology along with several lines of words. “Sorry, guys. I’ve been very busy for the past few hours, so I have no idea what has happened until now. As for the photo studio thing, it’s NOT true at all! Please stop spreading fake news.”

Most people chose to believe that it was just a mistake because nobody knew that it was a drama filmed and acted by Shen Ruiyin herself.

Afterwards, Su Tongnuo’s fans went to attack Shen Ruiyin’s fans.

“How do you feel now, Shen Ruiyin’s fans?”

“Why are you so quiet now?”

Chapter 603 Desirable Gu Ning

Shen Ruiyin’s fans were quiet now because Shen Ruiyin came out to clear Su Tongnuo’s name.

After this drama, the amount of Su Tongnuo’s followers on Weibo increased rapidly.

Half an hour later, Gu Ning told Su Tongnuo to send out a new post.

Su Tongnuo: I’m so honored to be the spokesperson of @Jade Beauty Jewelry! We had the shoot in the photo studio of Tanghuang Entertainment, but unexpectedly caused a misunderstanding. Glad to know my name is cleared now. Love these pieces of jade jewelry so much! (Pictures Attached]

Su Tongnuo uploaded six selfies to show the six sets of jade jewelry. Although the design of the jade jewelry wasn’t very special, the jewelry still looked extremely attractive because it was made of high-level jade.

Once the post was out, many people reposted it within minutes along with compliments.

“Wow, Tongnuo is so beautiful, so is the jewelry!”

“Is the brand Jade Beauty Jewelry?”

“The brand is very famous recently, and it became a hot topic just now! Tongnuo, do you know Goddess Gu? Can you post some photos of her?”

“Photos of Goddess Gu Please!”

“Please!”

Actually, Su Tongnuo should be the focus of the advertisement, but Gu Ning replaced her once Jade Beauty Jewelry appeared.

After that, Jade Beauty Jewelry and Gu Ning gained a lot of attention again.

As long as Jade Beauty Jewelry, Su Tongnuo and Gu Ning became more popular, more people became potential customers of Jade Beauty Jewelry.

Although some thought that it must be a publicity stunt by Jade Beauty Jewelry, it became popular anyway.

Because Gu Ning didn’t have a Weibo account, many people went to follow Su Tongnuo and Jade Beauty Jewelry. Within hours, Su Tongnuo already had over ten million followers on Weibo. Some of them were in fact Gu Ning’s fans, and they followed Su Tongnuo’s Weibo for information on Gu Ning, but it didn’t affect the fact that they were also Su Tongnuo’s fans now.

Li Yuanmin, at the same time, almost went crazy because he had to reply to dozens of thousands of comments.

Shen Ruiyin, however, was in a rage, because Su Tongnuo was even more famous than her now.

“Boss, you’ve stolen my thunder,” Reading fans’ comments, Su Tongnuo complained to Gu Ning. Of course, she was just joking. If Gu Ning was an actress, she would probably be jealous, but Gu Ning was her boss.

Gu Ning flipped her hair showing her allure. “Well, I’m too charming to be ignored.” Of course, Gu Ning was kidding too, but she did stun everyone around the table.

If Gu Ning stayed cold and serious, nobody thought that she could actually be so sexy.

Su Tongnuo took a long breath before she said half seriously, “Boss, I think you better be cold and serious or cute, but not sexy, because you’ll become every woman’s enemy.”

She was right. Gu Ning was very outstanding, and women easily got jealous of her.

When Gu Ning grew older and became a mature, stunning woman, she would be every man’s dream lover.

“I’m not afraid at all!” Gu Ning said. Gu Ning really didn’t care about that.

“Boss, do you want me to post some photos of you?” Su Tongnuo asked.

“No. I’m not a star after all and I have no intention to be the focus of public attention,” Gu Ning said.

“Sure.” Since Gu Ning was unwilling to do so, Su Tongnuo of course wouldn’t insist.

When it was 5:30 pm, they finished shooting.

Gu Ning told Fei Nan to send her the original photos and she planned to let K to retouch them for posters. As for the video advertisement, the director of Tanghuang Entertainment would film it, and K would edit it too.

Gu Ning did that not because she didn’t trust the professionals in Tanghuang Entertainment, but because she preferred to use her own people. Tanghuang Entertainment didn’t provide free services because Gu Ning insisted on paying them.

After a while, a group of them left the photo studio.

“Look, is she Su Tongnuo?”

The moment they walked out, some staff in Tanghuang Entertainment noticed them, but Su Tongnuo was wearing a baseball cap and a mask, so they weren’t sure of it.

“It seems so! I need to take pictures of her.” Saying that, a girl took many pictures of them, but she didn’t walk near, because it was work time and she was afraid that her leader would criticize her.

Su Tongnuo and the others didn’t stop her, but remained calm walking ahead.

They took many pictures of Su Tongnuo and Gu Ning was in the photos too. Although Gu Ning didn’t want to be photographed she wouldn’t hide if someone was shooting them. She wasn’t a star anyway, so there was no need for her to hide.

“The girl next to her is so beautiful!” someone said.

“Indeed! Do you know who she is?” another person asked.

“No idea. I bet she’s Su Tongnuo’s assistant because she is carrying things in her hands.”

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
“What a waste of her beauty!”

They didn’t recognize that Gu Ning was actually the boss of Jade Beauty Jewelry, but they all felt that she looked familiar.

Gu Ning and the others soon left the building of Tanghuang Entertainment, and went to Huangdeng Hotel for a meal afterwards.

Gu Ning called Zhou Zhenghong while their car was driving.

Zhou Zhenghong had just arrived at the hotel, so Gu Ning told him to rest first and they would meet at the meal.

Chapter 604 She Is Goddess Gu!

Fei Nan stayed in the photo studio and said to everyone in the room with a serious face, “I think all of you must know the hottest topic on Weibo today, and one of our team leaked the photos from our studio. I’m not gonna ask you who the person is, but I hope that the person can tell me on his or her own initiative, and I’ll punish him or her lightly. If I have to find out by myself in the end, he or she will be fired.”

After that, Fei Nan left.

Gu Ning told him before she left that the person who leaked the photos of his studio must be a member of his team, but the person who posted them on Weibo wasn’t.

When Gu Ning and the others were gone, those people who had taken pictures of them posted the photos on the Internet at once.

Because Su Tongnuo was the hot topic today, many Internet users reposted and commented on the pictures within minutes.

A female worker in Tanghuang Entertainment typed several lines of words along with the photos on Weibo. “Met Su Tongnuo by accident! The beauty next to her is so attractive. What a shame she isn’t working in the entertainment industry.”

Those who didn’t recognize Gu Ning had the same idea. However, some people still noticed that the beauty was Gu Ning.

“Ah! She is Goddess Gu! She’s a very successful businesswoman, and of course she doesn’t care to be a star.”

“Really? Wow, she looks so stunning.”

Countless comments under the pictures were about Gu Ning.

When the female worker read the comments, she was shocked. What? The beauty is Goddess Gu? How come I didn’t recognize her! She felt quite regretful. Even so, she could do nothing about it now.

Some haters still left many aggressive comments, but they were soon attacked by others, so the haters didn’t dare belittle Gu Ning anymore.

Because Su Tongnuo and Gu Ning gained a lot of attention these days, they became the headline of different websites within a short time.

Not only Gu Ning, but Yu Zi’s face was also clear in the pictures.

At that moment, Lin Tianyou and Zhao Xiaoxuan were about to dine in a restaurant. Zhao Xiaoxuan was a gossip lover, so she chatted with Lin Tianyou while she was surfing the Internet before the dishes were on the table.

Lin Tianyou actually wasn’t paying much attention to Zhao Xiaoxuan because Yu Zi refused to answer his calls during the past two days. Although Yu Zi was his ex-girlfriend, he still liked her, so he was jealous and upset that Yu Zi had a rich boyfriend now.

“What? Yu Zi is with Su Tongnuo and the boss of Jade Beauty Jewelry now!” Zhao Xiaoxuan exclaimed in shock, which attracted attention from people around them in the restaurant. However, people just gave her a glance, then went back to doing their own things.

“What? How is it possible?” Lin Tianyou was shocked too, and couldn’t believe his ears. Yu Zi was just an ordinary girl, so how was it possible that she could know a famous actress and a successful businesswoman?

Although Su Tongnuo wasn’t an A-list actress yet, she was still a famous actress in people’s eyes. In addition, even though Su Tongnuo was a B-list actress now, she had much more fame and wealth than people like Lin Tianyou. In City B, Lin Tianyou’s family wasn’t rich at all.

Lin Tianyou started to wonder whether Yu Zi got to know so many famous people throughout her sugar daddy or by herself. If Yu Zi was able to know famous people on her own, she could be successful too. Lin Tianyou was totally astonished. He began to regret that he had dumped Yu Zi.

“How is Yu Zi able to meet Su Tongnuo and Miss Gu?” Zhao Xiaoxuan’s face was twisted in jealousy. She thought that she was more qualified than Yu Zi to meet those famous people. Yu Zi was always inferior to her, and she couldn’t tolerate the fact that Yu Zi was living a better life than her now.

Zhao Xiaoxuan wore a malicious smile and thought to herself. Yu Zi, let’s see!

A few minutes later, Zhou Zhenghong arrived at the private room where Gu Ning and the others stayed. Gu Ning introduced them to one another then they began to enjoy the meal.

At the same time, in Tang Weiyong’s house.

Tang Xinrui was back, and the housekeeper went upstairs to tell Tang Weiyong to come enjoy the meal.

Once Tang Weiyong stepped downstairs, Tang Xinrui said to him, “Dad, come and see.”

“What?” Tang Weiyong walked to her.

“Read it yourself.” Tang Xinrui gave her phone to her father.

Tang Weiyong took it and was shocked after reading. Is Gu Ning that powerful?

Tang Weiyong read the news about Gu Ning today. He knew that Gu Ning owned a jewelry store, and wasn’t a simple girl, but he was still surprised by her ability and her high level of kung fu.

“Well, I think it’s not easy to beat her down,” Tang Weiyong said and seemed extremely displeased. He would never give up attacking Gu Ning and Gu Man. The more powerful Gu Ning was, the more eager he was to remove her from his way.

“Dad, what’s your next step? If Tang Yunfan wakes up, our plan will be ruined,” Tang Xinrui said with worry.

“Don’t worry. I’ve made the arrangements.” Tang Weiyong wore an evil smile. “Tang Yunfan will never wake up this time.”

“Oh, seize a chance to approach Gu Ning,” Tang Weiyong added.

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
“No problem,” Tang Xinrui said.

In the Feng family’s house.

After a few days of resting, Feng Xueqin’s face recovered.

Although her parents were still alive and healthy, her older brother, Feng Pinghui, was the leading man in their family. Feng Xueqin also had a younger brother, Feng Pinghuang, who was 32 years old this year.

Feng Xueqin stayed single until she was 35 years old, so her family disliked her because it was a shame to a super-rich family that a daughter refused to get married. However, in order to show their family’s harmony and unity, they lived together.

Chapter 605 A Condition

If Feng Xueqin married someone, she could move out, but she refused to do so.

In the beginning, her family had tried to persuade her to forget Tang Yunfan and marry another man, but she wouldn’t listen to them.

Feng Pinghuang and his wife despised Feng Xueqin the most, and they argued often.

Feng Xueqin came back home late when it was dinner time, but she saw Feng Pinghui and his wife in formal clothes walking out the moment she walked inside.

“Where are you going?” Feng Xueqin asked. “To join a party of course,” Feng Pinghuang’s wife, Tong Wen said in an acidic tone.

“A party? What party?” Feng Xueqin ignored her but asked Lu Qiuting.

“Oh, it’s Mrs. Lei’s birthday party,” Lu Qiuting said.

“What?” Feng Xueqin was displeased. “Why did nobody tell me?”

The Lei family maintained a good relationship with the Tang family, especially the leading role in the Lei family, Lei Haowei, who was Tang Yunfan’s good friend. Therefore, Tang Yunfan must have been invited to his wife’s birthday party. As long as Tang Yunfan appeared, Feng Xueqin would seize the chance to meet him.

Ever since Gu Ning and Gu Man showed up, Feng Xueqin had an increasingly strong sense of crisis. Lu Qiuting had helped her to investigate them, but she didn’t get any useful information.

Feng Xueqin was curious to see whether Gu Man would attend the party along with Tang Yunfan. However, she didn’t know that Tang Yunfan wouldn’t show up.

“Um, I don’t think you should embarrass our family anymore at such an important event,” Tong Wen said acidly.

“Shut your mouth!” Feng Xueqin snapped at her.

Nevertheless, Tong Wen wasn’t afraid of her at all. “Why? I don’t think it’s wrong that I want to protect our family’s face. Why do you have to show up? Don’t you know that you’ve brought shame on the whole family?”

“You…” Feng Xueqin was mad. However, before she could say another word, Tong Wen interrupted her, “I know that you want to meet Tang Yunfan, but don’t you have any sense of shame? Tang Yunfan will never marry you, and you better accept it. The Tang family is much more powerful than our family. Do you want to hurt our family’s benefits?”

Although Tong Wen was a little rude, it was undeniable that what she had just said was the plain truth.

Except Feng Xueqin, none of the members in the Feng family thought that Tong Wen was wrong. Instead, they all sided with Tong Wen, so nobody blamed her. The Feng family was barely comparable with the Tang family, and they had said that to Feng Xueqin countless times, but she wouldn’t listen.

“It’s none of your business! You haven’t given birth to a baby after you’ve married into our family for two years. If you can’t be pregnant, you better leave now,” Feng Xueqin said to fight back.

“Well.” Tong Wen wasn’t mad at all, but sneered, “That’s because Pinghuang and I don’t want to have a baby now. We’re both healthy and fertile, but you’re different. You’re already 36-years-old now, and I’m afraid that you’re already infertile.”

Lu Qiuting had two kids, so the Feng family wouldn’t urge Tong Wen to give birth to a baby.

“You…” Feng Xueqin was furious.

“Alright, let’s go!” Feng Pinghui lost his patience then walked to the car before them.

“I’ll go with you!” Feng Xueqin said. Even though Tong Wen said that she was a shame to their family, she didn’t care.

“What do you want to do there? Don’t you think it’s embarrassing enough?” Feng Pinghui criticized her. He was the leading role in their family, so he was the decision-maker. Besides, Feng Xueqin was a little afraid of her older brother. Even Lu Qiuting didn’t dare help her when Feng Pinghui got mad.

In that case, Feng Xueqin was abandoned alone in the house, and Feng Pinghui and his wife along with Feng Pinghuang and his wife got in their own cars and left without hesitation.

When they walked away, Tong Wen seemed super proud, which annoyed Feng Xueqin the most.

They had to attend the party held by the Lei family with the invitation letter, so she couldn’t get in by herself.

However, Feng Xueqin was unwilling to give up in order to meet Tang Yunfan. If Feng Pinghui and the others were reluctant to bring her there, she would turn to others for help.

Without delay, Feng Xueqin made a call. “Jinyi, did your family receive the invitation letter from the Lei family?”

“Yes, my husband and I are about to go there now!” Wu Jinyi said.

“Can I go with you?” Feng Xueqin asked.

“I’m sorry, Xueqin. We only have one invitation letter and we can’t bring another person…” Wu Jinyi apologized. “Um, Liu Xinqi might be alone. Maybe you can ask him.”

Hearing the name, Feng Xueqin was mad and displeased at once. Liu Xinqi had chased her before but she only loved Tang Yunfan, so she had ignored him. Afterwards, Liu Xinqi had gotten married, then got divorced all of a sudden. Liu Xinqi and Feng Xueqin had common friends, and they had gone to have fun with their friends in a clubhouse once. However, Liu Xinqi had raped her after she had gotten drunk.

Although Feng Xueqin stayed single throughout the past years for Tang Yunfan, she also had sexual needs but she only made love with handsome men, while Liu Xinqi was ugly in her eyes. Therefore, she felt disgusted whenever she thought of the nightmare.

However, she had to call Liu Xinqi in order to attend the party.

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
“Oh, it’s been a while, Xueqin!” Once the phone was answered, a man said with levity.

“I heard that you’ve received an invitation letter from the Lei family. Can I go with you?” Hearing Liu Xinqi’s voice, Feng Xueqin felt utterly disgusted, but she had to calm herself down.

“Sure!” Liu Xinqi said with alacrity. However, before Feng Xueqin was cheered up, he said again, “But, there is a condition.”

Feng Xueqin frowned. She knew that it wouldn’t be that easy.

“What condition?” Feng Xueqin asked.

Chapter 606 Sleep with Me for a Night

Liu Xinqi smiled and didn’t bother to hide his desire. “Sleep with me for one night.”

“You…” Feng Xueqin was mad. She would rather die than sleep with him. He wasn’t only ugly and fat but was also creepy in sex. His wife couldn’t tolerate it so they got divorced.

In fact, Liu Xinqi wasn’t very ugly, but he seemed quite ordinary compared with Tang Yunfan who was a handsome gentleman. In addition, Feng Xueqin was a pretty woman, so she despised Liu Xinqi.

“We have slept with each other before. What are you afraid of now? I won’t tell anyone about it,” Liu Xinqi said. If he was going to tell someone about it he wouldn’t have hidden it for a few years.

Liu Xinqi valued his reputation too, and he was an easy-going, well-educated man in other people’s eyes, so he wasn’t willing to tell anyone this dirty secret. Moreover, he preferred to make deals with women, instead of using violence.

“Shut up! Don’t mention that again,” Feng Xueqin snapped at him in shame.

“Fine. Forget it if you’re not willing to do it.” Liu Xinqi was disappointed. In fact, Feng Xueqin was very good in bed. Although she had been drunk last time, she had been very excited, which had impressed Liu Xinqi. Accordingly, he had given Feng Xueqin booty calls afterwards, but she always refused.

Liu Xinqi couldn’t help but sigh, “I know you want to meet Tang Yunfan at the party, but I think you should give it up after so many years. Why don’t you marry me? Although my wealth is hardly comparable with Tang Yunfan’s, I’m still richer than your family.”

He was right. Although the Liu family and the Feng family were both super-rich families in City B, Liu Xinqi was richer than the Feng family.

The reason why Liu Xinqi wouldn’t give up chasing Feng Xueqin wasn’t because he loved her, but because he was unwilling to give in. When he saw that Feng Xueqin couldn’t get Tang Yunfan’s attention, let alone love, he gloated over her failure. Sometimes, the more you couldn’t get something, the more you wanted to have it.

“In your dream!” Feng Xueqin was furious, then hung up on him in anger.

After that, Feng Xueqin called her other friends, but they would all be attending the party with their families.

Feng Xueqin panicked. However, she wasn’t willing to give up.

After thinking for a while, Feng Xueqin thought that maybe it wasn’t that unacceptable to sleep with Liu Xinqi because they had slept with each other before. Although Liu Xinqi was a little creepy in sex, she had to admit that it was very exciting.

Seeing that it was late, Feng Xueqin summoned up her determination and called Liu Xinqi again.

“What? Did you change your mind?” Liu Xingi laughed. He knew that he won.

“I’m in my home. I’ll go change first and you can pick me up later,” Feng Xueqin ordered, but Liu Xinqi didn’t mind.

Feng Xueqin changed her clothes and put on make-up as fast as she could and Liu Xinqi soon arrived.

“Xueqin, where are you going?” Her parents asked her when she dressed herself up.

“To attend a party with Liu Xinqi,” Feng Xueqin said directly.

Hearing that, her parents’ eyes lit up. Her mother even persuaded her to marry Liu Xinqi. “Xueqin, I think Liu Xinqi is a good man with a good reputation. Why don’t you consider marrying him?”

Liu Xinqi had a good reputation among the super-rich families, because he knew how to build up a positive personal image before others.

Most importantly, Feng Xueqin was already 36-years-old now with a comparatively bad reputation, so her parents thought that it would do her good to marry Liu Xinqi.

“Alright, alright. I gotta go now!” Feng Xueqin said with impatience then left at once.

“Do you think that Xueqin is going to be married in this life?” Her mother asked her father with worry.

“If she still refuses to be married this year, I’ll send her abroad!” Her father valued their family’s face above her.

Although her mother thought that it was a little overboard, she didn’t dare argue with him because it was already something unpleasant that their old friends would use to embarrass them, and they couldn’t tolerate it anymore.

Once Feng Xueqin walked out, she saw Liu Xinqi’s car, and got in without hesitation.

“Xueqin, you’re as beautiful as ever!” Liu Xinqi said like a gentleman.

However, Feng Xueqin was displeased to see him.

Liu Xinqi didn’t mind at all. He was going to have fun tonight anyway.

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
Zhou Zhenghong, Su Tongnuo along with Lin Xiaoxia went back to their rooms in the hotel after the meal, and Gu Ning drove Yu Zi home.

Yu Zi wasn’t born in City B, and she came from a small town. She now lived alone in an old apartment. In order to save money, she lived in a remote area, which wasn’t very safe.

“I don’t think it’s safe for you to live here. Go buy a new apartment tomorrow when you’re free! The company can pay some for you, and it will be deducted from your dividend,” Gu Ning said.

Yu Zi had 20% shares of Charm. If Charm was popular in the future, it would be super easy for her to buy an apartment. Therefore, Yu Zi agreed, because she was eager to have her own apartment too. In addition, she believed in Gu Ning, and was confident that Charm could be popular, so it was highly possible that she would be rich after she got her dividend.

After driving Yu Zi back to her rented apartment, Gu Ning went to the Tang family’s house.

Chapter 607 Do You Have Any Good News to Tell Us?

These past two days, Tang Yunfan stayed alone with Gu Man except at dinner time, but they just chatted with each other or watched TV together in the living room. Although they didn’t feel uneasy getting along with each other now, they were still very polite to each other.

Tang Yunfan seemed calm, but he was actually very anxious. Although he knew haste made waste, he was eager to be close to Gu Man.

In fact, Gu Man already accepted Tang Yunfan and was accustomed to getting along with members of the Tang family, but she thought that they better take it slowly.

At that moment, only Tang Yunfan and Gu Man were watching TV in the living hall.

Tang Yunhang and his wife had already left to attend the party in the Lei family’s house, and Tang Haifeng stayed in his study so that Tang Yunfan and Gu Man could have some private time.

When Gu Ning arrived at the Tang family’s house, Feng Xueqin and Liu Xinqi also arrived at the Lei family’s house. However, she didn’t see Tang Yunfan.

Once they walked in, Feng Xueqin glanced around searching for Tang Yunfan.

People around her were all from high society, so they all knew Feng Xueqin but they looked at her with obvious disdain.

If she remained single because she devoted herself to her career or she was a disabled person, others would only respect her. However, she did it because of a man that she could never get.

When Tong Wen and the others saw Feng Xueqin they were also displeased, especially when they noticed others’ attitude towards her. Nevertheless, it was a public place, so they couldn’t argue with her in front of others. Even Tong Wen who disliked Feng Xueqin the most remained silent. She could argue with Feng Xueqin as loudly as she wanted to but she couldn’t do it in public.

Luckily, they knew that Tang Yunfan was absent today, so Feng Xueqin wouldn’t embarrass their family too much. However, just because they remained silent didn’t mean that others would do the same thing.

“Oh, isn’t this Miss Feng? Miss Feng is taking part in today’s party along with Chairman Liu. Do you have any good news to tell us?” a noble woman walked over and said to Feng Xueqin, but she sounded quite unkind. She, of course, knew that Feng Xueqin came here today for Tang Yunfan, so she purposely said that to annoy Feng Xueqin.

Feng Xueqin was mad at once, but she didn’t argue with her but forced herself to calm down. “Mrs. Kong, Chairman Liu and I are just friends. What’s wrong with that?”

“Oh, I understand. Then I bet you must have come here for Lord Tang, right?” another noble woman said in an acid tone. “Unfortunately, Lord Tang went abroad, and he’s absent today.”

People were used to addressing Tang Yunfan as Lord Tang although he was actually the chairman of the Tanghuang Group now. However, they had to address Tang Yunhang as Secretary Tang, because he was the most powerful figure in City B.

Tang Yunhang told Lei Haowei that Tang Yunfan had gone abroad, and most people at the party had heard it.

“What?” Feng Xueqin was obviously disappointed. Hearing that Tang Yunfan was absent, Feng Xueqin turned around walking away but was stopped by Liu Xinqi. He approached her ear and said in a low voice, “If you leave like that, I’ll feel embarrassed, and don’t forget to fulfill the condition. You must come with me and leave with me!”

Hearing that, Feng Xueqin had to stay although she was unwilling to do so.

It was a long party for her.

Gu Ning sat in the Tang family’s house for a while, then went back to Huafu Hills with Gu Man.

Before long, Gu Ning discovered that some people were stalking her.

She checked it for a while, and noticed that they were strangers. She didn’t know who sent them, but she wasn’t willing to have conflict with them now because Gu Man was in her car, so she had to get rid of them.

“Mom, some people are stalking us. I must speed up to get rid of them. Be prepared,” Gu Ning said to Gu Man.

“W-what? Some people are stalking us?” Gu Man’s face turned pale at once, because she thought of the abduction.

Feeling Gu Man’s anxiety, Gu Ning comforted her. “Don’t worry. Mom, we’ll be fine.”

Although Gu Man trusted Gu Ning, she was still worried.

Gu Ning directly accelerated, then overtook one car after another on the road even though there was a lot of traffic, so Gu Man couldn’t relax for fear of an accident, and Gu Ning’s action also caused a lot of grievances.

However, when a group of young men noticed it, they were all impressed.

“Gee, it’s the limited edition Lamborghini!”

“Wow, it looks so cool, and its driver is so good!”

In a car behind Gu Ning, two men were struck dumb.

“Seriously? She’s so good at driving?” A man couldn’t believe his eyes.

“I think she found us,” another man said.

After a short while, Gu Ning got rid of them. When she slowed down, Gu Man finally relaxed a little. “Ningning, did we get rid of them?”

“Yes,” Gu Ning said.

“Who are they? Could they be the same people who abducted me last time?” Gu Man was anxious.

“Mom, relax. You’re safe with me,” Gu Ning said to comfort her.

After a while of silence, Gu Man said, “Ningning, your aunt called me today, and the salon is ready to open after a few days. When will we go back to City F?” Gu Man wasn’t in a hurry to go back, but their beauty salon was going to open again.

Hearing that, Gu Ning suddenly thought of her skincare products.

“Mom, let’s try new skincare products. I know a brand which is quite effective,” Gu Ning said.

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
“Will the customers be willing to use new products?” Gu Man asked.

“If they’re worried, we can sign an agreement with them. If there is any side effect, we’ll pay ten times compensation. I think they’ll know how good our new products are once they try them,” Gu Ning said with confidence.

“Great. Let me call your aunt now.” Since Gu Ning said so, Gu Man agreed.

Gu Man then called Gu Qing and told her what Gu Ning had said.

Gu Qing of course chose to believe and listen to Gu Ning.

Chapter 608 The Deal Between Liu Xinqi and Feng Xueqin

After Gu Man hung up the call with Gu Qing, Gu Ning said to her, “Mom, if you move in to live with my dad, you’ll stay in City B in the future. Although the Tang family is super-rich, I think you better not be a housewife, because you’ll be disconnected from society and it’s quite boring. You need to socialize. Dad will be very busy running the business group, so I think you can open a high-end beauty salon in City B. I’m confident that the new skincare products we’re going to use will be popular in high society.”

“You’re right. I don’t want to be a full-time housewife either.” Gu Man understood that Gu Ning said it for her own good. When they were in City F, Gu Man went to work in the beauty salon every day, although it wasn’t necessary.

“The new skincare products aren’t on the market yet, so I’ll go to the capital to have a look tomorrow,” Gu Ning said.

“Do you have to do it in person?” Gu Man asked with confusion. She didn’t understand why Gu Ning cared about it so much, like it was her own brand. In fact, it was.

Hearing that, Gu Ning knew Gu Man had doubts, so she said directly, “Yes, I must check it myself, because it’s my brand.”

“What?” Gu Man was shocked. “Yours?”

“Mom, don’t you always wonder why your skin and aunt’s skin became so smooth and shiny after just a short time? I have a unique formula and it can be used to make medicines or skincare products,” Gu Ning said.

Hearing that, Gu Man finally figured out the reason why she and Gu Qing became beautiful and healthy again.

In the Lei family’s house, Feng Xueqin received a call and heard that Gu Ning had easily gotten rid of the two men that she sent to follow Gu Man and Gu Ning. Feng Xueqin was already in a bad mood, and she was in a worse mood now after receiving the call.

“What’s wrong?” Liu Xinqi asked.

“Nothing,” Feng Xueqin said in annoyance. Since she wasn’t willing to tell him, Liu Xinqi wouldn’t ask further, but just reminded her to stay calm, “I know you’re unhappy, but you can’t show it on your face. I brought you here. If you embarrass yourself at this party, not only will your family feel awkward but I will as well.”

If he hadn’t been eager to sleep with Feng Xueqin, he wouldn’t have agreed to bring her here.

Being warned, Feng Xueqin was displeased, but she knew that Liu Xinqi was right.

After a while, Liu Xinqi and Feng Xueqin made an excuse and left halfway through.

Seeing Feng Xueqin leaving, Lu Qiuting asked her, “Xueqin, won’t you go back with us?”

“No, thanks. I have another appointment with my friends,” Feng Xueqin lied. She was unwilling to let others find out about her relationship with Liu Xinqi.

Others didn’t think further about the relationship between Feng Xueqin and Liu Xinqi either, because they knew that the two were old friends. In addition, Liu Xinqi didn’t show much interest in Feng Xueqin in front of them, and they all knew that Feng Xueqin only loved Tang Yunfan, so nobody thought that Feng Xueqin would have unusual relationship with another man. It seemed none of them knew Feng Xueqin well.

Afterwards, Liu Xinqi drove Feng Xueqin to his other house which was in a suburb. His parents and son lived downtown in his main house, so they couldn’t go back there.

When Liu Xinqi was finally alone with Feng Xueqin in the car, he couldn’t wait a second longer to flirt with her. “Don’t be so unhappy! Since we’re going to have fun together tonight, let’s enjoy it!”

Hearing Liu Xinqi’s voice, Feng Xueqin only felt disgusted. When Feng Xueqin heard that Tang Yunfan was absent, she was more regretful than ever. If she had known earlier, she wouldn’t have made the deal with Liu Xinqi. However, she couldn’t break the deal now because it would annoy Liu Xinqi, and he would probably expose something that she wanted to hide the most.

Seeing that Feng Xueqin was still displeased, Liu Xinqi didn’t mind but smiled. “It’s OK. I’ll cheer you up later.”

Feng Xueqin turned to look at Liu Xinqi and coldly said, “Don’t be too much.” She wasn’t criticizing Liu Xinqi for what he had said but told him not to be too overboard in bed, because she couldn’t accept it. No woman could accept Liu Xinqi’s tricks in bed, and those who accepted his creepy sexual needs just did it for his money.

Liu Xingi, of course, understood what Feng Xueqin was talking about. “Don’t worry. I won’t hurt you the way I did to other women. I promise you’ll enjoy it.”

Before long, they arrived at Liu Xinqi’s house in the suburb.

Liu Xinqi didn’t press her against the bed the second they walked in a bedroom, but stared straight at her with burning desire. “I love sensual women, so I want to see you undressing yourself.”

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
Feng Xueqin didn’t move at once but said, “I like dim light.” If the light was too bright, she would see Liu Xingi’s disgusting face.

“As you wish.” Liu Xinqi understood very well but he still didn’t mind and dimmed the light.

Although it was dim in the room, they were still able to see each other clearly, and it seemed more romantic.

When Feng Xueqin took off her clothes, Liu Xinqi complimented her. “You keep a great figure. Look at your boobs and butt!” However, he didn’t press on and penetrate her at once, because it wouldn’t be exciting enough without foreplay. Therefore, he started to touch and kiss her sexually.

After half an hour of foreplay, he began to penetrate her.

Chapter 609 Do You Want More?

Although Feng Xueqin disliked Liu Xinqi’s face and body, she still had to admit that Liu Xinqi was a master at sex. There was no doubt that he was a master at sex given his rich sexual experience. If he had a good-looking face or a sexy body, countless women would be willing to have sex with him for free. Therefore, Feng Xueqin gradually started enjoying it and then let her desire guide the way.

Liu Xinqi did fulfill his promise and didn’t hurt Feng Xueqin in bed, but Feng Xueqin still felt exhausted after hours of making love in different sexual positions. It was so exciting that she forgot that the man who was penetrating her was Liu Xinqi. Feng Xueqin also had to admit that it was more exciting to make love with Liu Xinqi than those strong young men.

Seeing Feng Xueqin enjoying it, a touch of disdain flashed by Liu Xinqi’s eyes. It seemed to be true that a woman’s body would never lie. Feng Xueqin’s pleasure was the approval of his skills, so he moved even harder. Men all wanted to prove their sexual skills in bed, and they got more excited if women enjoyed it.

“Are you satisfied?” Liu Xinqi asked with an amorous smile.

“Yea-yeah!” Feng Xueqin said listening to her heart.

“Do you want more?” Liu Xinqi asked again.

“Y-yes!” Feng Xueqin’s voice was full of desire, and Liu Xinqi continued to penetrate her violently.

“Am I better than your strong young lovers?” Liu Xinqi asked once more.

Liu Xinqi, of course, knew that Feng Xueqin had many young lovers. She was loyal to Tang Yunfan, but her body wasn’t. In addition, Feng Xueqin had sexual desire too, and she couldn’t tolerate years of her life without sex.

“Yes!” Feng Xueqin said.

Liu Xinqi didn’t stop a second and was getting increasingly violent. Feng Xueqin even begged him to stop a few times halfway. However, Liu Xinqi wasn’t willing to stop because he didn’t get many chances to have sex with Feng Xueqin. So they didn’t stop until hours had passed. They slept for a few hours, then it was daybreak.

However, Feng Xueqin touched Liu Xinqi’s cock by accident in her sleep, and Liu Xinqi was turned on again. Once he was turned on, he couldn’t sleep any longer, so he began to press on Feng Xueqin and penetrate her once more.

“You…” Feng Xueqin was annoyed, but didn’t resist. Nevertheless, Feng Xueqin closed her eyes the entire time, because it was bright now, and she was reluctant to see his face.

“Well, you can turn to me to satisfy your sexual needs,” Liu Xinqi said.

Feng Xueqin didn’t say a word, but her silence was also an affirmative answer. After having violent sex with Liu Xinqi, she thought that those strong young men were less attractive now. In fact, Feng Xueqin thought that what Liu Xinqi said wasn’t a bad idea.

Gu Ning sent Gu Man to the Tang family’s house as usual before she left. She went to pick up Yu Zi and then told Su Tongnuo to go to the building of Tanghuang Entertainment. They were going to shoot the video advertisement today.

When they arrived, some people in the hall saw them and got excited at once. Because of the hot post on Weibo, everyone got to know Gu Ning’s identity, so they paid more attention to her today.

“She is Goddess Gu!”

“She’s so beautiful!”

They all complimented Gu Ning and ignored Su Tongnuo, but Su Tongnuo wasn’t annoyed or jealous at all because Gu Ning was indeed very outstanding.

Gu Ning remained calm, and didn’t think that it was a big deal, because she didn’t have any vanity.

They would shoot in the same photo studio as before with a video director.

It wasn’t complicated, and was just a short film of dozens of seconds. Although they needed to shoot many scenes, it could be finished within half a day if everything went well.

When they gathered in the photo studio, they introduced themselves to one another before they started to discuss the script.

Lu Xiao had sent the script to Gu Ning yesterday, and Gu Ning sent it to Su Tongnuo later. Su Tongnuo was a good actress, so it wasn’t difficult for her to finish the shots.

When it was 4 pm, the video ad was finished.

She was going to the capital tomorrow for business, so she decided to give these photos and the video ad to K in person. In addition, it was about time to arrange for K and Chen Cangyi to work for her.

When they walked out of the building of Tanghuang Entertainment, a young girl ran over with her face full of excitement. “Tongnuo, I’m your loyal fan! Could you please take photos with me?”

“Sure.” Su Tongnuo agreed. In fact, she really appreciated what her fans, especially those loyal fans, had done for her.

“Thanks! I’ve argued with those haters on the Internet to defend you,” the young girl said with pride.

“Oh, thank you so much!” Su Tongnuo said kindly. “Let’s take photos together now.”

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
“Great!” The young girl opened the camera on her phone and took several selfies with Su Tongnuo. Afterwards, she stared at Gu Ning with anticipation. “Um, would you mind taking several pictures with me too? You’re my idol as well!”

Gu Ning was amused. She wasn’t a star after all.

“No problem.” Gu Ning didn’t reject.

After taking photos with Gu Ning, the young girl left happily. Once she walked away, she posted her photos with Su Tongnuo and Gu Ning on Weibo without delay.

“I’ve been waiting for a whole day outside of Tanghuang Entertainment, and I met two goddesses! They’re so kind, and we took several selfies together! Love!” (Pictures Attached]

Chapter 610 Shameless Lin Tianyou

The young girl was famous among Su Tongnuo’s fans, so she had many followers, and the majority were Su Tongnuo’s fans too. Therefore, once she posted the photos on Weibo, she received many comments within seconds.

“Ah! Why didn’t you tell me you went to wait for the two goddesses!”

“You’re so lucky!”

“Wow, they are so beautiful!”

“Is Goddess Gu not wearing any make-up? She looks so beautiful without make-up. I wonder how stunning she will be if she put some on!”

“Indeed! She’s a natural beauty without make-up.”

“Her skin looks so good!”

“I think I’ll go to wait outside of the building tomorrow too. Wish me good luck!”

“I’ll go with you!”

Many fans were excited to meet Su Tongnuo.

“I’m sorry to tell you this, but the shooting is already over, so Goddess Su won’t come tomorrow.”

“What? No! How do you know that?”

“It’s a secret, but I promise it’s true.”

“Do you work for Tanghuang Entertainment?”

Many fans asked the person who leaked the information whether she worked for Tanghuang Entertainment, but she wouldn’t answer it.

It was still early, so Su Tongnuo wanted to fly back, in case she would waste more time here. Gu Ning didn’t stop her and sent her a thick red envelope. As for the fee for being the spokesperson, the company would transfer it to her later after they signed the contract.

Su Tongnuo wasn’t worried about it, because she trusted Gu Ning.

Afterwards, Gu Ning booked two plane tickets for her and her assistant, then went to dine with Yu Zi.

Gu Ning’s car was quite noticeable, so Lin Tianyou who was waiting for the green traffic light at the road saw them clearly. He was sure now that Yu Zi didn’t have a rich boyfriend, but a rich boss. If they weren’t close, Yu Zi wouldn’t have followed Gu Ning all the way.

Without hesitation, Lin Tianyou turned his car and followed Gu Ning’s.

At the beginning, Gu Ning didn’t discover him, but she noticed the same car following behind from the rearview mirror after a few turns. She was suspicious and used her Jade Eyes, then found out that it was Lin Tianyou. There was heavy traffic on the road, so Gu Ning allowed him to follow her.

“Is your boyfriend still bothering you?” Gu Ning asked Yu Zi.

Yu Zi was struck dumb for a second, because she didn’t know why Gu Ning suddenly asked that, but she still answered, “Yeah, but I’ve hung up every time he called me.” She already blacklisted Lin Tianyou’s number, but he always called her using different numbers.

“Does he know the addresses of your store and your apartment?” Gu Ning asked. If he knew, she was worried that Yu Zi could be harassed.

“He doesn’t. We’ve broken up for a year and a half, and my store was located in another shopping mall before. I moved it to Fengshang Shopping Mall after I broke up with him, and I also moved into a new apartment,” Yu Zi said.

In fact, she had already forgotten Lin Tianyou because they had been broken up for a year and a half, which wasn’t a short time. However, once she saw him, she couldn’t help but remember his betrayal, which aroused her hatred.

Yu Zi added, “We barely contacted each other during the past year and a half. Even if we encountered one another on the street, we pretended to be strangers.”

“He’s following us,” Gu Ning said.

“What?” Yu Zi was shocked. She didn’t expect that Lin Tianyou would stalk them. “Why is he doing that?” She was mad.

“Let’s see!” Gu Ning said, but her mood wasn’t affected.

“Boss, I’m sorry,” Yu Zi apologized.

“It’s fine,” Gu Ning said.

Lin Tianyou followed Gu Ning and Yu Zi all the way to the parking lot of Fengshang Shopping Mall. They got out at the same time.

“Yu Zi!”

Once Yu Zi got out of Gu Ning’s car, Lin Tianyou called her name, in case she would walk away.

Since Gu Ning said that she was curious what Lin Tianyou would do, Yu Zi didn’t walk away, but faced him.

“What?” Yu Zi didn’t look at Lin Tianyou at all and asked coldly.

“Well…” Lin Tianyou didn’t know what to say all of a sudden, because he actually had no idea why he stalked her. “Well… Um…”

“If you don’t mind, we’ve gotta go.” Yu Zi lost her patience, turning around walking away.

“Wait a second!” Lin Tianyou dashed to Yu Zi and stopped her.

“Well, I bet this lady must be the boss of Jade Beauty Jewelry, right?” Lin Tianyou looked to Gu Ning and tried to please her.

“Yes,” Gu Ning said.

Read latest Chapters at WuxiaWorld.Site Only
The atmosphere became very embarrassing in Lin Tianyou’s eyes, but Yu Zi and Gu Ning were at ease.

“Anything else?” Yu Zi asked.

“Um, I really admire Miss Gu for your unbelievable achievements. It’s dinner time now. Will you do me the honor of accompanying me to dinner?” Lin Tianyou said, trying to strike up a relationship with Gu Ning.

“I don’t dine with strangers,” Gu Ning said directly.

Lin Tianyou felt very embarrassed, but it wasn’t a surprising answer. He and Gu Ning were strangers after all. However, he wasn’t willing to give up. “Miss Gu, people all become friends from strangers. And Yu Zi is my friend, so her friend is, of course, my friend too.” Lin Tianyou was very shameless to say that.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.6K 1K 9
«VAGUENESS/SECRET/ROMANCE» LONAR ALIKSANDERO لا غالب على أمرها سوى كونها فتاة أضحت شرسة جراء ما بلورة حياتها السابقة، تلك الطائشة أصبحت ماردة حين رم...
95.3K 1.6K 164
Once transmigrated she entered a fire pit. Yue You Jin as the eldest daughter of the second branch was adorned with a bunch of younger sisters. Her s...
46.2K 6.7K 64
စာရေးသူ - ယွီရှောက်လန်ရှန်း ဇာတ်ဆောင် - ရှန်ချန်းလင် x ချင်ရှောက်ယွီ - ယဲ့ကျင် x ရှန်ချန်းဖုန်း
Beyond Times By Woody

Historical Fiction

101K 6.3K 57
-"And where do I reside?" -"You reside in my heart, Priye!" Two broken souls, who endured pain and loneliness all their life. Destiny united them and...