Eres Mía

By m8star

Book 1 hell /hɛl/ noun a place regarded in various religions as a spiritual realm of evil and suffering, ofte... More

~ 1 ~
~ 2 ~
~ 3 ~
~ 4 ~
~ 5 ~
~ 6 ~
~ 7 ~
~ 8 ~
~ 9 ~
~ 10 ~
~ 11 ~
~ 12 ~
~ 13 ~
~ 14 ~
~ 15 ~
~ 16 ~
~ 17 ~
~ 19 ~
~ 20 ~
~ 21 ~
~ 22 ~
~ 23 ~
~ 24 ~
~ 25 ~
~ 26 ~
~ 27 ~
~ 28 ~
~ 29 ~
~ 30 ~
~ 31 ~
~ 32 ~
~ 33 ~
e p i l o g u e
announcement
sequel

~ 18 ~

4.1K 103 45
By m8star

Once pizza was eaten and movies were finished, I headed home to get some rest and do some work.

The drive to my apartment usually took 20 minutes  but I decided to take the longer route so I could be alone with my feelings. 

I got to my apartment, then unlocked the door and went in. I put away some of the extra candy I had then went to grab my laptop from my bedroom.

I took it back to the kitchen island and opened it to start my work. I skimmed through my emails and replied to any of the important ones then I began to write my article.

After a paragraph or so, I stopped to make my self some coffee. I shouldn't be doing this, I thought as I mentally cursed myself.

I drank my coffee and continued writing. 2 hours later, I was finished. I proofread it then emailed it to Andrew as it was only 11pm and he was probably still awake.

A notif popped up on my laptop and it said that Andrew had emailed back.

"Great job Lucía!! What would've really tied this article together, in my opinion, would be the daughter's name. If you can get that into the article, send it off to Chloe and she'll get it ready for the next magazine. Okay?"

I sat there, thinking about whether I should tell him. My phone started to vibrate so I picked up without checking the caller ID.

"Buongiorno piccola, why are you up?"

"It's already morning, wow. I was just working on an article for work. Is everything okay Papa?"

"I heard that Lorenzo asked you to be his partner at the ball," he told me.

"Yes he did. Is there anything happening at the ball?"

"Well mija it's a mafia ball, so some of our allies will be there. I just wanted to make sure you will be comfortable going."

"Papa that's okay. I'll be fine."

"Grande. I'll see you tomorrow then; get some rest please mi amor." [translation: great]

"I'll try. Send my love to Mamí as well. Buon anotte Papa." [translation: good night Papa]

"Buon anotte bella."
[translation: good night beautiful]

I hung up and set my phone down. Sighing, I went to my room, completed my night care routine, then went to sleep.

___________________________
play the song, at the top. (might have to swipe the pic)

8:00am

I stretched my arms out as I sat up in bed. Today I had to go into the office and hand in the article, as well as having the ball later this evening.

I quickly got ready and decided to take my car to work. I stopped at a Starbucks with the need for an iced coffee.

"I say my face bomb, ass right. Racks stack up Shaq height. Jewellery on me, flashlight; I been lit since last night." I mumbled as I walked into the busy coffee shop.

"Hi welcome to Starbucks, what can I get ya?"

"Can I get a Coffee Frappuccino? Size small please." I told her.

She nodded and I handed her the money.

I got my drink and strolled to work where I found Andrew sitting at my desk.

Damn it, clearly no one in this office knows this beautiful thing called personal space.

"Lucía, you're here!! I wanted to read the article one more time before you sent it off. Did you get a name?" Andrew said, his tone serious but his facial expression very playful.

"You'll have to see for yourself; I emailed it to you this morning." I replied, laughing at him.

He rushed to his office and disappeared for a while. As he was gone, I got comfortable at my desk and forwarded the email to Chloe and she gave me a thumbs up.

*you have received an email from: Andrew_jones@gmail.com*

"holy shit!! how did I not know this?? This is insane. When did you find out? I hope you're okay. Are you sure you want to post this?"

I typed up a reply then sent it off.

"Andrew, it's okay. I found out a couple months ago but I wasn't sure. It was confirmed like two weeks ago. Yes we can post it, Romeo said that it's okay and people are going to find out soon anyways. I appreciate your concern though."

Once I finished up my work and responded to some emails, I headed home. It was only 11 so I decided to call Grace.

"You have reached the voicemail of Grace , don't leave a message: it's not 1993."

Then a cough interrupted the supposed beep that should've followed her message.

"You may have fooled your family, Grace, but you will never fool me. I'm gonna pull up to your house in 20 mins and if you aren't out there waiting for me, I'm gonna honk my horn and shout: Get in loser, we're going shopping."

"Where are we going 'cause I know we aren't going shopping?"

"I'm buying lunch."

"See you in 20. Bye now."

I grinned to myself then hung up. I changed into a cute skirt and threw on a crew neck to compliment it.

I grabbed my necklace, the only thing I had from my real mother. My abuela gave it to me, and inside was a picture of her and my mother.

"So I can have mis amores watching over me today." I whispered, pressing a kiss to the locket.

I pulled on my white AirForces then left the house with my phone, keys and wallet in my hand.

Sure enough, Grace was waiting for me outside her apartment looking gorgeous in her flared jeans and a crop top.

Spotting me, she opened the door and got into the car. Once she was comfortable, I drove her to a restaurant that my father owned.

"La Cucina Di Madre Cortez. What does that mean?" Grace asked as we stepped out the car.

"Mama Cortez's Kitchen." I said, hopeful that my Nonna wouldn't be inside or recognise me. I wanted to pay for the food and I had never met her before.

We walked in and one of the hosts showed us to a small booth. He handed us menus and we skimmed through them before deciding what to eat.

When the food came, I inhaled the aroma of the dishes in front of us and Grace did the same. We ate and made small talk to each other till we had finished.

"Dessert?" I asked her.

"Always, but not here. Let's get like slurpees from 7-11 or something."

"Alright," I started, as someone caught my eye, "You head to the car, I'll be with you in a second."

Without a word, I handed the keys to her and headed to the back of the restaurant where I found the door to the kitchen.

I didn't know what I was looking for exactly, but the sound of a wooden spoon hitting a palm startled me. I didn't flinch, but I clenched my jaw as I spun around to see an old woman in an apron staring me down.

"Se stai cercando di rubarmi la ricetta di salsa, non provarla nemmeno." she said,
narrowing her eyes at me.
[translation: if you're trying to steal my sauce recipe, don't even try it."

"Sto cercando Signora Cortez." I replied, praying that I wasn't going to get into a brawl with a short Italian lady.
[translation: i'm looking for Mrs Cortez]

"That's me. Is there a problem?" she asked curtly.

"Do you know Romeo Cortez?" I asked, knowing it was a stupid question.

"Sí, he's my son."

"I'm his daughter."

Her eyes widened. 

"After your 18th birthday passed, I gave up all hope that he would find you again. Now you're here... Does he know that you're here?"

"Yeah he found me in New York, took me to Italy, then brought me back here."

She laughed at the thought.

"I have to go, my friend is waiting for me, but we can catch up sometime soon?"

"Of course ragazza. Don't be a stranger."
[translation: girl]

I hugged her and told her, "I'll try not to be Nonna."

She held her hand to her heart at the name and I gave her a smile before leaving.
___________________________

Grace and I decided to hit a fro-yo store on the corner of Pearl Street.

We topped our frozen delights with anything we desired; gummy bears and chocolate chips, nuts and sprinkles, chocolate syrup and mini marshmallows.

Eating our desserts outside the store as we basked in the sunlight, our thoughts on who was the best 'Mean Girl' were interrupted by Back In Black by AC/DC.

[it's clearly Gretchen]

Without thinking to check the caller ID, I picked up.

"Lucía!! Where are you?!"

"I'm out with my friend Enzo, why?"  I snapped.

"I need help. I was on a mission for your dad and I got shot."

"Alright, Alright. Where are you?"

"I'm hiding in Columbus Park, the side closest to Baxter Street."

"Five minutes and I'll be there."

I hung up on him and turned to Grace.

"My friend is in trouble, and he needs my help." I explained briefly.

"Go, it's okay. I had fun today so thank you."

"Anytime bitch. Bye."

She replied with her middle finger and I laughed as I rushed to my car.  I broke several speed limits and got to the park entrance.

Hobbling out was a blood covered Lorenzo, clutching his side. I got out of my car and ran to the boot; I grabbed a towel that I  had left in there if I ever planned to go to the beach impulsively.

"Hurry!!"

"I'm coming, woman."

I lay it on the passenger seat and helped him in.  As I started the car and begun to drive back to my place, I asked him the million dollar question.

"So you wanna explain why you're bleeding in my Audi R8?"

"Gladly."
___________________________

I was planning for the ball to be in this chapter but I had an idea suddenly so it'll probably be in the next episode

I think this is the longest chapter I've written and i've been working on it since last week :0

anyways, I hope you guys are good and staying safe. I made a tiktok for my wattpad account so please feel free to follow it.
user: fallen_angel_08

have a good week mis amores <3

~ m

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 1.6K 52
❝𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚 𝐧𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐲 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞, 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞. 𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐬? ❞ ~~~~~...
2.3M 66.4K 75
"𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐒𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐎𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐍, it's cute," I compliment draping my arms around his neck. "You think so?" He asks. "Yes, yes I...
4M 125K 48
"You're atheist," I remind him. "You don't believe in god." "I believe in you," He murmurs, letting the cigarette hang from his lips. "I believe in w...
141K 3.3K 55
He is a force to be reckoned with. A lift of his finger & people are beheaded in seconds. A word from him & the streets of NY are bathed in blood. An...