Who Could've Thought

Od nayawritess

Maya Lion, the most feared assassin in the world and the leader of one of the most powerful gangs, The Lions... Více

Chapter 01: Maya Lion
Chapter 02: Faking Identity
Chapter 03: Xalio Moretti
Chapter 04: Deal With the Devil
Chapter 05: "You're staying with us"
Chapter 06: Suspicions and surprises
Chapter 07: Moving In
Chapter 09: Friends and Enemies
Chapter 10: Almost Compromised
Chapter 11: "What is it with you and surprises?"
Chapter 12: Get to know us
Chapter 13: Mama and Papa
Chapter 14: Not a damsel in distress
Chapter 15: Girls' night
Chapter 16: He's Alive
Chapter 17: Unraveled
Chapter 18: The Lions
Chapter 19: Walking Perfection
Chapter 20: We meet again
Chapter 21: Master Plan
Chapter 22: "Is she alive?"
Chapter 23: "I'll always be here"
Chapter 24: Celebration
Chapter 25: Backstabber
Chapter 26: Find her
Chapter 27: Lidia
Chapter 28: "They've been taken"
Chapter 29: Kindnapee
Chapter 30: "She's growing on me"
Chapter 31: Girlfriends and Promises
Chapter 32: First date and life at stake
Chapter 33: Fear, guilt and anger
Chapter 34: Grief
Chapter 35: Scar
Chapter 36: Payback's a bitch, ain't she?
Chapter 37: I present to you, the Moretti fam
Chapter 38: Together
Bonus Chapter
Author's note & Character Aesthetics :)

Chapter 08: "The Team"

1.5K 67 44
Od nayawritess

Maya's pov:

*knock knock*

"Come in." I said, voice still raspy from sleeping and eyes barely opened.

"Wakey wakey bellissima, we have business to take of." he grinned at the sight of me struggling to crack my eyes open.

Oh lord, can I just kill him now? It's 8 in the morning ugh.

"Wakey wakey? really big guy?" I mocked.

"So we woke up sassy today." he said sarcastically.

"I'll be downstairs in a bit." I groaned.

"Good, make it quick". he left.

"gOoD mAkE iT qUiCk" I imitated Xalio in annoyance.

I got up and went to take a shower.

It had big windows, allowing me to see the city and NO, the penthouse is far from the buildings so they can't see you taking a bath. It was very modern and beautiful. Hell, it even had a modern chandelier.

"Today is the day. I'm going to meet Xalio's team. I'm nervous but also excited. I'm getting closer to my goal. I just have to get them to trust me without suspecting anything and I'll be clear." I said to myself. "Ian Declan me estoy acercando a arruinarte."

I got dressed and went downstairs. Xalio and I took care of the company's funding and some of Xalio's shipments. It all took three fucking hours ugh.

"So that's done, can you tell me where the gym is?" I asked.

"Yeah just go down the stairs and take a left." Xalio replied. "Be here by 4 pm for the team meeting though." he added

"I know, thanks." I replied and left.

"A girl who works out... hot" he whispered. "Let's see what bellissima can do." he smirked.

I really wanted to work out. It always helped me distract myself from all the overwhelming bullshit. It was like an escape. I either worked out or danced. I loved dancing. I got it from my mother, she loved dancing too. She was an angel well, a badass angel to be precise. We used to dance together before she was taken away from me forever.

I boxed and boxed some more. I started kickboxing when I was 16 and am now a black belt. Raven and Alucard were my training buddies. They shaped me as a fighter, as a leader, as everything.

Xalio's pov:

I went down to the gym and that's when I saw her. She was wearing a black sports bra and some black leggings and she was boxing. Where did she learn to box like that?

She was taking out all her anger on the punching bag and she looked scary as fuck. Did that turn me on? yes it did. I found myself staring at her, watching her punch the bag.

[Back to Maya]

"Take a picture, It'll last longer gilipollas." I smirked.

She knew I was watching. Used the same line as me. Well played Ms. Hart. Well played.

"Where'd you learn to fight like that?" he asked.

"I started kickboxing when I was 16." I replied. "I'm a blackbelt." I added, letting him know that I can kick his ass.

"Sparr with me." he said as he started putting on his boxing gloves.

"What?" expression of confusion flashed on my face. "I'm not sparring with you Xalio."

"Scared Ms. Hart?" he smirked. "So, you're just all bark and no bite, I see. Why? not strong enough are ya?" he added.

Oh, he did not just "Ms. Hart" me. He only called me Ms. Hart when he was toying with me. I knew what he was doing and it was working. I hate it when people call me weak. You know what, I'll show him.

"You know what, fine get ready to get your ass kicked." I smirked.

We started sparring and boy he was good at it. I just have to figure out his weakness, let him hit me for a while till I figure it out...Gotcha, lower body.

I grabbed his hand, spun him around and pinned him to the wall.

Xalio's pov:

She pinned me to the wall with her elbow pointing right at my Adam's apple which if she brought any forward, can kill me right here. Damn, she was good. How did she do that so easily? whatever, I'm not losing today.

Maya's pov:

"You're forgetting something Maya." he grinned.

"What?" I replied and just like that, he threw me down with a turn of the hand. Ugh, I let him distract me.

"Distractions are bad bellissima." he said. " See you later." he grinned and left.

"Fuck it's 2 pm already? I'm starving." I checked the clock.

I went to the kitchen, made some food and went back to my room. Some people of Xalio's team stayed in this penthouse too but they were away for a shipment deal and were coming back today. The only people in this house right now were Noah, Ryder, Xalio and me. I barely saw Noah and Ryder because they were always out in the morning and back late at night. Xalio was working from his penthouse as no one else was there.

Time to meet the team. I went down to the basement where all their team meetings take place. I entered the room to see 8 people waiting which included Noah and Ryder. Five men and three women. All of them were straight-up gorgeous. Hot boss has a hot team, cliché enough?

"Maya, this is my team. Guys this is Maya Hart, our business partner." he introduced.

"Pleasure to meet y'all." I greeted.

"Likewise." all replied in unison except for one girl. She had orange hair, almost scarlett, had big false lashes, she recently got lip fillers, I could see the syringe marks on her lips and she was wearing what looked like something the sorority girls would wear on Halloween. I think I already know what she is like and why she didn't greet me back.

"This is Elijah, the hacker; he is one of the best hackers out there." he pointed at the tall, white skinned, brunette.

"This is Marco, the sniper, also one of the best at what he does." he praised, pointing at another tall, chocolate skinned, permed blue-hair guy.

"This is Zayn, the fighter, he is one of the most renowned fighters." he went on, pointing at the slender eyed, white skinned, black-haired man.

"You've already met Noah and Ryder, they are my best friends and handle the shipments.

"This is Riley, the assassin, she goes by the name "The Ghost". He pointed at the ginger.

"This is Karla, the other sniper and also Marco's sister. He pointed at the chocolate skinned, blue-haired girl.

"...and lastly we have Lidia, the other fighter, she used to be a street fighter before she joined the gang." he finished the introductions with the blonde, tanned girl.

Marco and Karla were siblings both dyed their hair blue. If this isn't sibling goals, I don't know what is.

Lidia still gave me that bitchy stare and I knew why. It's too predictable at this point honestly. Xalio probably fucked her and she now thinks Xalio is hers and assumes that I wanna steal her man. She'll probably even threaten me after a few days and when she does I'll show her who's boss.

"And what makes you think you can just walk in here and become a part of this team?" Riley snapped.

"I can walk in wherever I want, whenever I want and no one has the goddamn right to stop me." I hissed.

"I like her already." she said. "And girl you're gorgeous."

"You're beautiful, stop." I complimented her back and laughed at her previous comment.

"Yeah we're now best friends" Karla proposed a handshake.

I shook her hand and laughed. I like these two already. I hate the fact that I can't tell them who I really am. Lidia is someone I'm pretty sure I'll have beef with in the future.

"Well I've gotta leave now, I have to make a few calls. I'll catch y'all later." I waved at them and left.

As I was halfway out of the basement hallway, I felt someone following me. Someone grabbed my hand and pulled me into a dark room.

"Hey! Let go of me!" I jerked my body.

As the person let go of my hand, I turned around and yelled "YOU!"

To be continued...

Who pulled her into the room? What do you think will happen next? Keep reading to find out ;) Leave positive comments! ILYSMM xx

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

1.2M 15.3K 52
NOT EDITED YET Gracie Owen's a headstrong journalist major rooms with her childhood best friend JJ Anderson for junior year, little does she know she...
172K 3.3K 45
[COMPLETE] [MATURE CONTENT] [MAFIA BOOK] Just like the astronomical event she's named after, Nova is one of a kind. Since the age of 6 she's trained...
116K 2.2K 70
As I saw him coming towards me I start to walk backwards until my back hits the wall. I don't want to spill blood here. Dad's going to kill if if I d...
159K 3.7K 33
Amara Hale is a broken soul with an even more broken past. When she moves to Chicago, she hopes to finally forget what she left behind. Upon her arr...