KLANCE: Stranded

By redbutternut

In the heat of battle against the Galra Empire, a wormhole appears out of nowhere. Tossing Lance, Shiro and K... More

¦Read first¦
1¦ Purple
2¦ Red
4¦ Yellow
5¦ Pink

3¦ Blue

143 0 0
By redbutternut

|K E I T H|

"Uhh..." I began very so intelligibly.

Oh my quiznack! I know I said I wish there was a moon to shed some light on our path. But at this very moment I am so glad there was no abundant amount of light.

And the reason is because my cheeks felt like they were burning, due to the blood rushing in them. A blush was probably prominent on my cheeks but Lance couldn't seem to see that as we were draped in darkness.

We were a bit in an awkward position as if like he had put me in a dip particularly as close as to those in partnered dances. I had a hand clunging to his neck and the other was placed to his chest. Lance's hands were on my back and the other on my waist. I saw a look of shock paint on Lance's features which then ended how he held me. Realization also dawned upon me.

We jumped a bit to distance from each other. Awkwardness clearly radiating from the two of us. I turned to face away from him and produced fake coughing noises along with scratching behind my neck and my shoulders as well.

"Watch where you're stepping again Mullet. It was slippery when I crossed it earlier. Don't expect me to catch you again next time you slip." Lance said while clearing his throat, looking at anything but me.

I wanted to say something. I had to reply. But I couldn't find any right words, my heart was still pounding like crazy. My thoughts kept circling back to the memory from just a short while ago. Damn these feelings!

"We should hold hands or something, that way we can catch each other in case one of us slips and might fall again." Lance suggested with reluctance. Even though it was now really dark, the small neon lights on our suits allowed provided little light, I could see he was putting out his hand out for me to take.

I hesitated, my hand was shaking. It was silent between the two of us. Our breathing and the continuous flow of the water beneath us were the only sounds that circled around us. I was feeling nervous yet excited to hold his hand. But....oh quiznack! I clasped our hands together, by the moment I made contact with his I felt him tense then slowly relaxed. Lance intertwined our fingers together. An unintentional gasp escapes past my lips. I could only hope he didn't hear it.

"Come on let's go." he said and turned to continue forward.

"O–Okay..." I breathed out.

And so we walked together, just the two of us crossing through a river hand in hand in the dark. Lance was ahead a bit while I tailed a tad inch from behind him. It was silent as we walked the red water, beneath us it was glowing purple. My thoughts on it was because of the small little blue lights that decorated at the feet of our suits, and with this weird planet having creepy weird ass red water, the two colors clashed together to create the soft purple glow. With my head being so occupied with these thoughts, I regained my focused back to the present as I felt the loss of Lance's hand in mine.

To say that I wasn't upset over the loss of contact would be a lie.

We were now actually standing by the other side of the river. Lance had let go to haul himself up onto the dry land. The water dripped down from his armour. I was still knee deep and walked closer to get out as well. I placed my hands onto the ground to help hoist me up until I heard Lance speak to me.

"Here let me help you." he said all while giving me his hand to take again.

And so there my heart and cheeks were at it, again. I know I have mentioned this already but I am so lucky there's barely any light for us to clearly see each other. I mean my eyes were now fully accustomed to the dark, adjusting to see better. Hopefully the color dusting my cheeks plus the helmet I refuse to take off was enough cover to hide it from Lance's eyes.

This time I did not let a tic waste as I let my hand be engulfed in his touch. Lance helped me get out of the water. Quiznack! Why is he being such a gentleman right now of all times?! I had already once decided a few movements (weeks) ago to shove down my feelings for him, judging by how he seemed adamant in gaining Allura's affection. Truly him being this kind and gentle is not helping, it's bad as the feelings are bursting out. They feel like crashing through the surface from where I've allowed them to drown deeply in.

Damn you Lance!

"Alright! It won't be too far from here right now," he smiled. His helmet now shielding his face as he had put it back on before we crossed the river.

I nodded in return not trusting my voice, then I remembered we can't see each other very well in the dark. But Lance didn't budge nor asked for a reply so I just stayed quiet, we walked through the trees and rock pillars towering above us. It was good amount of 18 dobashes walking a bit blindly in the dark, with me trusting Lance's sense of direction to lead us back to the Blue Lion.

"Ah there she is! Blue! My baby! I'm sorry I had to leave you for a while." Lance screamed running, rushing to hug the metal paw of the mechanical Lion.

I forced my eyes to look at Blue laying on her side. Judging by the destroyed amount of trees and pillars around, giving way for a clear opening, it was obvious they had a disarraying crash.

"Wow, you had...quite a landing." was the first and only thing I could come up with.

"Shut up! It was hard with Blue not responding okay?" Lance said releasing himself from hugging the metal paw of Blue and walked to a spot clear of fallen trees and rocks. "We should gather some wood to make a fire." he said kicking a small chunk of rock away.

"Okay, I'll go find some dead twigs or sticks that we can use." I said and headed off wandering near Blue to look for capable wood to burn.

Actually with all the fallen trees there was more than enough wood for fire. I bent down collecting thicker sticks first. When my arms couldn't take anymore to carry I straightened my back up and turned to where Lance was. Just as I turned to him I caught looking away from where I was, this confused me but I didn't ask. While I had been collecting wood Lance had gather rocks in the same sizes to make a circle. Producing a space for where the campfire would be lit. It took us just a few dobashes, arranging the fire wood along with the rocks. Once it was set up, all we needed was a spark to ignite a fire.

"Okay, that's done we have our little fireplace for our little camping. Now for the fire!" Lance said taking two sticks out. One was thinner than the other. "Watch and learn Mullet." he crouched down getting on his knees, taking off his helmet putting it to the side and taking the two sticks back, placing the two sticks in a cross against each other.

I raised a brow at him. Looking at him questioningly if he did knew how to start a fire.

"Um...Lance, do you really know how to start a fire?" I asked, watching him furiously rub the two sticks against each other.

"Shhh! I'm trying to concentrate here!" he shushed me as he continued to rub the two sticks with immense determination.

"Lance–" I tried to interrupt to tell him he was doing it a bit wrong.

"Shhh!!!" he stopped for a tic to press a finger on his lips. Then immediately went back to it again.

I sighed and let him do his thing. I actually knew how to start a fire, living in the desert alone when my father was still around, he showed me a trick. And I've used it ever since I needed to light up fire. I walked away and sat from a safe distance in case he actually did lit it up. I took my helmet off putting it down beside me and fixed my hair that got disheveled from wearing the helmet. With my hands I used them to untangled the knots, especially the ones that are coated with my blood from.the wound. I almost forgot about it but I'm not gonna bother telling Lance about it. I just wish I had a hair tie with me right now.

"Mierda!" I heard along with a snap.

My attention was brought back to Lance whom was now fuming around, throwing away the sticks and stomping his foot like a child. I sighed and took that as my cue to help.

"So you have no idea how to start a fire?" I asked him as I began to pick up some wood I'd chosen to start our fire with.

"I thought it would be easy! I watched enough cartoons to see that they just rub it against each other, smoke appears and so I shove it down the pile of woods and boom fire!" Lance explained all while using his arms to exaggerate his point.

"I haven't really watched enough cartoons but you really can't start a fire by just rubbing two sticks criss cross against each other." I took out my dagger which I was relieved I managed to bring along with me and so I began carving a big chunk of wood to make it flat.

"And I'm guessing you know how to start a fire?" Lance said with an eyebrow raised.

"Just watch and learn," I gave a small smile, immediately finishing the carved wood through years of experience. Then I took a long straight stick and smoothened its sides out.

Lance was now quiet as he watched. I now got both of the wood I needed and placed them together. The flat wood on the ground beneath with my knee holding it down. The long thin stick in my hands prepared to rub it against each other. Actually, I realized it would be hard with the gloves of my suit on so I took them off. I placed it straight up and began rubbing the two together fast. The friction was causing the wood beneath to gain a hole, smoke began to form but I stopped.

"Keith! What are you doing? There was smoke! We needed that to start the fire! It's already getting cold!" Lance said and shivered as he hugged himself.

"Not yet," I simply said.

Getting up to gather dried grass, leaves and really thin sticks. I took a larged leaf along. When I finished gathering I got my dagger again and cut a space from the circle to the edge. That way the burning dust that would form would fall from it. I put the large leaf beneath the flat wood putting my knee on it again and placed the stick back to the hole I made. I got back to rubbing the two again and soon smoke was coming from it again. I caught a glimpse of Lance, he looked at it in anticipation. I stopped and carefully removed the leaf that collected the burning embers we would need. Placing it onto the dried leaves. Lifting it up to my face carefully and blowing on it for the heat to spread. The smoke got bigger and so I placed it onto our campfire, the mere smoke turning to fire engulfing the wood in flames. I had expected the normal orangey golden yellow color of fire but the fire burned an enticing bright blue color. At the very edges of the tip of the flames though a hue of purple can be seen. Well I should have expected that with the leaves being purple and the water being red.

I stood up and dusted my hands. They hurt from the rubbing I had to do but I was still glad we finally now had the fire to keep us warm and give us light. The beautiful blue light spread and now I can see Lance well.

I looked at him expectantly with a smile. He seemed pissed yet impressed at the same.

"What? Do you want me to say something?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47K 2.7K 65
When shrivi goes home after a long time. Who doesn't have her parents' love and family's love for some reason. She had support from her grandmother...
227K 35.4K 92
ပြန်သူမရှိတော့ဘူးဆိုလို့ ယူပြန်လိုက်ပြီ ဟီးဟီး ဖတ်ပေးကြပါဦး
32.4K 670 79
In which Kim Saena is in a groupchat with a bunch of idiots Or In which Bangchan finds himself inside a groupchat with a bunch of delusional fans ~~★...
163K 3.7K 62
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad