Cody's Sister

By roxy_rideforeverfree

Cody was out on patrol after the battle of Christophis and came across an injured women and a small 3 year ol... More

The force?!
The Parasites
Caught
Lies
How are we gonna handle this?
The plan
Captured
Friends
Training
Discussion of the girl & War
Hello.

The Baby

651 16 4
By roxy_rideforeverfree

Codys POV

It was dark and stormy as I walked around the base we had set up on Christophis.  It had been a long day and to me an even longer, catching slick just a week prior, Anakin's new Padawan, and then taking out that annoying ray shield the separatist had created. I was just ready to get back to Coruscant even just for a little bit of peace and rest, I should even be resting right now but nope! My minds going a thousand miles an hour and I can't sleep for the love of me, it felt like something was pulling on me. 

I continued to walk for an hour until I finally heard it, the sound of a baby crying. I immediately picked up my pace and began to run to the noise and that's when I saw her. A frail women with black hair and gray eyes wrapped in what seemed to be a thin torn blanket, she was clutching a small basket against her chest. Blood was pouring down her right leg and she had a blaster hole in her stomach. I ran to her side as she began to collapse but she pushed me away clutching the basket made of willow closer to her chest. 

"let me help you please your hurt", I said to her grabbing her tighter this time and slowly setting her down against a large piece of rubble. She shook her head violently at me and that's when i saw the bruises around her neck and the deep gash on her cheek. She looked up at me sadly and winced putting a hand to her stomach. 

"its gonna be alright ma'am. Did the clanker's do this to you?", I asked as I took out wrappings from one of my pouches and began to wrap her stomach. She shook her head and grabbed my hand.

"Please. Take her. Take her and raise her. Please. Don't like the Jedi get her. They aren't who they really are.", she gasped out to me grabbing the basket and pushing it into my chest. I took it and watched her with a per plex look and removed the blanket slowly. There was a little baby with Caucasian skin and with black hair and stormy gray eyes with a mix of purple in the center.

"Please..", the women gasped again turning my attention back to her. 

"I- im a clone ma'am! I can't raise a kid. I have to give her to your people on even you! Your gonna be fine!"

I scooped the women up quickly putting the basket on her stomach shaking my head back and forth and I began to run back to base. I was almost a full mile out! 'Dam it how could I be so stupid and get this far.. but on the other hand.. I'm glad I did go this far or I wouldnt have found her...' I looked down at the women and saw that her eyes were shut tight her face caught in a grimace. 

"It's gonna be fine I promise." I said to her running as fast as I could without jostling her to much. She only shook her head more. "Please... I'm begging you. Take her! Please! Your a clone you and her are alike. Please", she rasped to me. She was getting weaker by the moment as blood began to pour through the bandages in her stomach. 'Dam... someone shot her intestines...wait? like me?'

I stopped in my tracks looking down at the women. "What do you mean she's like me?!" I yelled confusion probably covering my face. I looked at the baby in the willow basket. She was quiet now looking at me with a confused expression with drool dripping down her face. 

"She's like you... please. I'm begging you. Take her in commander Cody. Don't let the Jedi ever get her. They have been hunting me and her since the moment she was born. They wont think she is with their own troops", she continued to gasp out pushing the basket into my chest more and put her fist into my chest and kicked free dropping to the ground.

I hastily caught the basket and looked at the women. She was silent now and had a gun aimed at her head. "Take Iris. Swear to me. FUCKING swear it! You will raise her and take care of her! Please!" I went stiff watching the women. 

"Take it easy lady. Don't do anything your gonna regret."

"Swear it! Please swear it on your code to not leave a brother behind." 

I watched her unsure of what to do and looked down at the baby. She's got to only be maybe 3 or 4. I felt drawn to the baby. Like she needed me and I needed her. I sighed and looked at the women again and clutched the basket closer to me chest. 

"I swear it lady. I swear on my code to not leave a brother behind that I will take care of the baby. I will not let the Jedi get her. Now calm down and tell me how she's like me." I said lowering myself to the women.

"Her name is iris. She was made from a kamino lab like you clones. She's 3 years old. This hard drive will give you all the info you need on her." She said reaching into her pocket and pulling out a cracked hard drive. She hissed seeing the cracked hard drive and put it in the basket.

"You can tell me when we get back to my base.", I said motioning to pick her up once more. "No, this is the end of the line for me. I can't go back to your base or." she said looking at me in the eyes.

"The jedi will get me. Now go. Take care of her." She said when I failed to finish her sentence. Once again she lifted the gun to her head and looked at the basket again. "I love you iris..."

"WAIT-", I yelled out as she pulled the trigger. Her brains blasting out everywhere with a loud bang. The baby iris I guess begin to cry again and I looked down at her. Her baby ears probably couldn't handle the noise. I looked down at the women and sighed running away as fast as I could to my base. 

'What was I doing! There's no way the Jedi would do this... and what do they want with a clone baby girl'. My brain was racing a million miles an hour as I continued to run and before I knew it I was back in the base. I hastily pulled the blanket over Iris. At some point she had stopped crying and was now fast asleep with drenched cheeks. She was sorta cute though.. with her puffy cheeks and smooth black hair.

I quickly ran to my barracks and accidentally crashed into Waxer and boil. "Woah! Slow down Cody! Whats the rush", boil yelled laughing as he threw an arm around me and looked down at the basket in my hands. "What ya got there man?", he said reaching for the blanket. I quickly pulled away and looked at both. Waxer looked at me confused as boil fixed his stance and watched me.

"Barrack meeting in 5 minuets. Get anyone you trust who won't spill shit and I mean shit. No jedi no droids." I said to them harshly and quickly before taking off to my room. I felt there eyes on me until I heard their feet run off in another direction. Hopefully going to obey my orders.

Within 5 minuets Waxer, Boil, Gearshift, cry's, and Longshot sat across from me in our barracks. These boy's were the one's I had to trust this secret with. I couldn't keep this to myself. There was no way the jedi could have done this, the girl was even something unimaginable. It could mean she was made from the same DNA as us but I don't know.

"So, why we heard commander.", Gearshift said bringing me out of my thoughts. I sighed slowly and set the basket down. "You cannot tell a soul boys. I'm trusting you", I said slowly lifting up the blanket.

"Of course cody we wouldn't spil-", Cry's statement was cut off as his eyes fell onto Iris who was still sound asleep in the basket. Everyone's eyes went wide and they looked at me for an explanation and I told them everything. 

Boil shot up, "there's no way that's possible!". Waxer nodded in agreement with gearshift. Longshot and cry's were silent and it was scary. "I've gotta tell the general cody!" Waxer said shooting up. I looked at him slowly reaching for my blaster but hesitated. He was my brother.. I couldn't hurt my own brother. Not like slick... never.

"she looks like one of us.", Longshots voice rang out through the room and we all looked at him.

"What?" , Gearshift murmured looking at the baby. "Just here me out. please?" Longshot said walking over to me and bent down to the baby looking up at me. "may I?" . I nodded and watched as longshot carefully lifted up Iris and held her out to the boys. A part of me wanted to strangle gearshift and take her from him and hold her against me but I suppressed the feeling and got up and carefully adjusted his hands so he was supporting her head and back. 

Gearshift looked at me perplex. I shrugged. "I think that's the way you hold a baby. Didn't want you to hurt her." I muttered sitting back down.

"Okayyyy back onto the topic. How is she like us long." Gearshift said.

"Well she has our skin sorta but she's just a little more tanned then us. and she has black hair like us and sure her eyes are a little different but we can just say if anyone sees her that he came out a little different.", Longshot said looking at all of us with a simple smirk.

'He??' I thought to myself looking at longshot purely confused and then it dawned on me.

"She's like us. So that means she's gonna grow up faster!" I yelled standing.

"Exactly cody! Soooo all we have to do is keep her hidden and make her look like a boy by fixing her hair and cutting it back!"

"Thats.... actually genius!", Boil said standing up with a smile on his lips. "Aree you guys hearing yourself!", crys suddenly said looking at all of us.

"this is insane! We can't raise a kid cody! That women might have been a separatist for all we know." He yelled fumbling over his words some.

Everyone looked back at me and I only nodded slowly. "Thats true but I.. I can't explain it I just I feel drawn to her like I need to protect her. And this harddrive she gave me should be able to explain everything if we can fix it so please. Trust me crys all of you please. Don't you feel like that to.. We've spent our entire lives trained to be cold and have no attachments to not have a life or family but here we are. We have a life we have emotions and were family." I said taking Iris from longshot. "and well shes our family. She's a clone just like us possibly. and we dont leave our brothers behind." I said stomping my foot and pulled Iris closer to me.

The boys all watched me with concern and shock. "Alright.. Im with you cody. Ill keep the secret", Longshot said walking over to me. Waxer looked at both of us and slowly nodded and soon so did gearshift and boil. All that was left was crys. We all turned and looked at him. 

He threw his hands up and let out a loud sigh. "Fine! But the moment this goes south. Im snitching. Buttttt for now. Dibs on teaching her reading and the law!" He cried out smiling. We all groaned. 'Knowing him.. she would be a goody two shoes within a matter of days with his teachings. but maybe that isnt soon bad. a good start' I thought loooking down at iris. "Welcome to the family baby iris."

Hello. I have returned. No I will not be on a time schedule. I will be going through each and everyone of these chapters and making them longer along with editting and adding to the plot. I wrote this Fanfic when covid first started so im seeing a lot of errors. I'm sorry for character changing and changing the story line but I want to do this to provide a better story for you all. I hope you like this and if you have any ideas or want me to add anything into this story please comment and tell me. I will never say no to an idea. As long as its appropriate.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 4.4K 89
The Clone War has resumed after its brief pause due to the fall of Chancellor Palpatine, who has been revealed to be Darth Sideous. Chancellor Kayla...
326 25 8
Akira never considered herself to be lucky. As a Sith Acolyte chosen by chance, it's not too surprising. When she's thrown into prison and finds a yo...
310 4 9
A bunch of mini-stories / one shots over a variety of settings/scenery's set in the Clone Wars. From modern to celestial to fantasy to anything in th...
10.6K 309 13
During a mission on Hays Minor that goes absolutely haywire, a very injured Obi-Wan Kenobi and the 212th's Marshall Commander Cody are trapped in a c...