Gold Blood Eyes ||Mo Dao Zu S...

Por Fan_Girl_101_

"You mentioned Lan Zhan," Lan Xichen nodded, expression falling into one of despair, "I've been trying to hel... Más

Prologue
Chapter 1: Visitors
Chapter 2: Xichen's Desperation
Chapter 3: Back Outside
Chapter 4: The Fragrance Hall
Chapter 5: Defence
Chapter 7: Yunmeng Taverns
Chapter 8: Sight
Chapter 9: Behind Closed Doors
Chapter 10: Accusations
Chapter 11: Twists and Turns
Chapter 12: Little Ghost
Chapter 13: The Heir of YiLing
Chapter 14: Curse Trail
Chapter 15: Candied Killer
Chapter 16: Core of Truths
Chapter 17: To Everything Revealed
Chapter 18: Stitching the Seams
Chapter 19: Love
Chapter 20: Epilogue

Chapter 6: Cooperation

6.1K 353 26
Por Fan_Girl_101_

Wei WuXian spent some time playing with Jin Ling and catching up with his siblings and brother in law. It was only 10 minutes after Jiang Cheng and Jin ZiXuan arrived did Jiang Cheng rise to his feet and motioned Wei WuXian to follow him. Wei WuXian knew they had to head back to the sect leaders and sighed nodding. He placed a soft peck on Jin Ling's hair, muttering a small goodbye. Jin Ling was, understandably, a bit unsettled by his Daijiu leaving already, and whined for him to stay. Jin ZiXuan motioned for the two to leave as he and Jiang Yanli used simple and kind words to ensure their son that his DaiJiu would visit him again.

As they strolled through Koi Tower, a silence fell between the two brothers. Unnoticed by Wei WuXian, Jiang Cheng glanced at him with soft concern and confusion. The brother he remembered, the brother he knew was somewhere in the man beside him, could barely sit still for five minutes, let alone keep a silence. But Jiang Cheng had remained in secret communication with Wen Qing after the fiasco at Qiongqi Road, sending medicine supplies should they need it and inquiring about his brother. Wen Qing hadn't told him every detail, which Jiang Cheng was a bit annoyed with, but also understood. Should Wei WuXian learn of this, he would probably lose trust in telling Wen Qing the condition he was in. That being said, he was informed of the times his brother had developed a fever or passed out for a couple days for various reasons. It was another reason he had been so insistent the man ate before they flew here.

Wen Qing also told him the progress of how she was healing Wei WuXian mentally, as well as physically. Jiang Cheng had long since figured out there was unspoken trauma his brother carried around ever since picking up Chenqing and setting aside Suibian, but the confirmation hadn't been any less painful. He had informed his sister, Jiang Yanli, of the confirmation and changes Wen Qing reported to him. Wei WuXian had been extremely self-harming, horrible at taking care of himself. This was something the two Jiang siblings had long since known and tried to fix, but the situation with their parents had always hindered the progress and strained things. So, he had known that the healing had caused his brother to find and be more honest and comfortable in his skin, though Jiang Cheng never realized silence was one of those changes.

Just in case, he said, "How was spending time with A-Ling?"

A smile blossomed and Jiang Cheng saw the spark light up again in the silver eyes, warmth pulled at his heart, "A-Ling is the best, ah...I suppose he'd have to be my second favorite little radish,"

"Really? Who's your first?" Jiang Cheng raised an eyebrow.

Wei WuXian smiled at Jiang Cheng, but his eyes guarded up slightly, "I'll tell you when the situation presents itself,"

Or in other words, 'When Wei WuXian could walk around freely,'

Jiang Cheng nodded and the two reached the large Fragrance Hall doors that were white with the gold lines of a Peony on the center of each, along with more golden vines swirling and curving to the edges. The two disciples on the side of the door, both glanced at Wei WuXian with narrowed eyes, but one glare from Jiang Cheng had them pulling open the doors. The brothers strode in side by side, Jiang Cheng purposely matching his brother's pace to ensure the male was beside him not behind. Not only did this show Jiang Cheng's trust in the man that was defected from the Yunmeng Sect politically, but it also made Jiang Cheng proud. His older brother was no servant.

The room was in the midst of a heavy conversation that stopped when their presence, specifically Wei WuXian's, was noticed. The demonic cultivator took no mind, stopping beside Jiang Cheng in the center of the room, gold and black standing beside with identical auras of power. Lan Xichen was sitting down at a seat beside Nie MingJue and seeing the younger males enter, he was about to stand to be beside them, but stopped when Jin Guangshan ordered, "Sect Leader Lan, please, remain there. Sect Leader Jiang, you should sit down as well,"

Jiang Cheng glanced at the Chief Cultivator, his dark eyes as stormy as ever. He looked at Wei WuXian, not wanting to leave him to be the center of attention like some sort of exotic animal. Wei WuXian gave his younger brother a small smile and firm nod, "It was a long journey, shidi, sit down won't you?"

Jiang Cheng smirked a bit at the purposeful use of 'shidi,'. It, once again, reaffirmed their relationship. Though reluctant, he moved to the empty seat beside Nie Huaisang, directly across from Lan Xichen, and sat down gracefully. Wei WuXian was now the center of attention just like those years ago, the same eyes on him, judging him, watching him, ready to pull out their swords from their scabbards and send them to be colored in blood that could only belong to him. Just thinking about the similarity made him chuckle.

"What's so funny?" Jin ZiXun demanded, face dark.

"The way you're all so terrified," Wei WuXian gave a lazy smile.

"You think being cautious of a demon is funny?" Sect Leader Yao hissed.

Wei WuXian's smile broadened, eyes shrinking into the shapes of crescent moons. He looked at the man in brown robes, "Hilarious,"

"Young Master Wei," Jin Guangyao changed the subject, his smooth and gentle tone causing Wei WuXian to look at him with proper intention. He, honestly, didn't think too bad of the third young master of the Jin Sect. His talents were nothing short of being overlooked, despite Jin Guangyao's weak cultivation. Plus, from someone who knows how remarks of your birth status can hurt, he felt some sort of understanding with the man, whose Mother was a prostitute, "You are here to help us find Hanguang Jun,"

"Well, finding him is something you all can do. I'm here to speed up the process and save him," Wei WuXian corrected politely.

"How do you plan on saving him, exactly?" Nie MingJue questioned.

"By extracting the resentment," Wei WuXian spoke as if it were an obvious thing.

"Extracting resentment?" Su She raised an eyebrow, "How does that even work?"

Wei WuXian sighed tiredly and looked over at Jiang Cheng, "Give me my sword,"

"Why?" Jiang Cheng asked, but stood up and pulled out the old weapon.

"I'll show you what I mean," Wei WuXian announced, catching the sword and unsheathing it.

He tossed the sheathe back to Jiang Cheng and pointed the sword forward. The sight was almost startling. It had been so long since anyone had seen Wei WuXian wield his sword, a sword that had been praised to be used by the infamous swordsmanship skills of the former head disciple. But of course, Wei WuXian walked the heretical path, arrogance with every step and left behind a perfect life.

Unaware of the thoughts others were having, Wei WuXian raised his left hand and pulled forth some resentment energy, the charcoal wisps answering the call of their master. Wei WuXian saw most of the Sect Leader's move to grip the hilt of their swords in alarm and resisted the urge to snort, instead, opting to just shake his head amused. His silver eyes crackled, turning blood red and Wei WuXian took his left hand directly over Suibian's blade.

The resentment energy flew into the blade, until it was completely gone from sight, Wei WuXian's hand rid of the tendrils. Wei WuXian's eyes returned to silver and he held his sword with two hands, talking while glancing around, "Let's say...this sword represents Lan Zhan. Right now, there's resentment energy in it,"

"But that's a spiritual sword?" Jin Guangshan protested, "How could a powerful weapon succumb to resentment?"

Wei WuXian's grip tightened on the hilt and the part of the blade he was clenching, but not enough to draw blood. He ignored the question, pretending as if he hadn't even heard it, smiling warmly, "Who wants to help me for a few seconds?"

Uneasy glances were shared around the room, no one willing to step near Wei WuXian. He had noticed that Jiang Cheng and Lan Xichen seemed more than ready to help, but he gave them both a small glance to have them not move. They couldn't show too much affliction with him either as there may still be others who believe Wei WuXian to have cursed and manipulated them. Which was funny, because Wei WuXian didn't even know if there was such a curse.

Wei WuXian rolled his eyes and looked towards Nie Huaisang, who was looking at Wei WuXian with a very small hand raise, almost unnoticeable. With a small smile, Wei WuXian nodded to the boy, who closed his fan and grinned brightly at his best friend, "Nie-xiong, hold the sword out for me- but away from your body and blade pointed towards me,"

Nie Huaisang stood up, ignoring the disbelief and stern glare Nie MingJue was giving him. He walked over and took hold of the sword, adjusting his grip into something comfortable yet firm. When they were 15 and before Wei WuXian had been kicked from the lectures at Gusu, Nie Huaisang had learned a little bit about sword forms and how to hold one, taught by Wei WuXian himself! Though they didn't work well for a saber, Nie Huaisang never had a particular interest for a saber, not much for a sword either. But, he had realized sword forms came easier than the heavy weight of a saber for him.

Nie Huaisang took the sword and pointed the blade at Wei WuXian his stance obviously comfortable and firm. The sight made many people, including Nie MingJue, blink in surprise. Jiang Cheng, on the other hand, knew exactly why and smiled knowingly. Wei WuXian giggled amused before stepping back and making his eyes red once more, "The sword has resentment in it. Since you all want to know how I can help Lan Zhan, here's a smaller example,"

Wei WuXian extended one hand out towards the sword. He then inhaled and detected the resentment he had placed. The sword that Huaisang was holding quickly had a small string of black smoke of resentment energy trail out and rush towards Wei WuXian's hand.

Everyone in the room watched in surprise as the resentment energy went straight into Wei WuXian's body, until the trail of resentment ended. The demonic cultivator dropped his hand and eyes turned back to silver. He stated, "Like that. I can find the resentment and transfer it out of Hanguang Jun and take it into me,"

He took the sword back and handed it to Jiang Cheng, who sheathed it again, placing Suibian back in his robes. Nie Huaisang patted Wei WuXian on the back, before returning to his seat, obviously satisfied with being useful. Wei WuXian looked at Jin Guangshan, "Are there any more questions?"

"The Stygian Tiger Seal," Jin Guangshan brought up and Wei WuXian's face that had been warm, darkened, smile fading rapidly and the small friendly glint that had been in his eyes after the interaction with his nephew froze over, "We'll keep it while your here-"

"No," Wei WuXian cut off, feeling the presence of Bai Chunhua, Ren MingXia, and Zeng Minsheng surround him, Bai Chunhua's gently hands placed on his shoulders, to ground him and give him a comforting squeeze, while the other two stood slightly in front of Wei WuXian, glaring at Jin Guangshan and ready to use their swords. They were, obviously, not showing themselves to the cultivators in the room, only Wei WuXian could see them and their presence made him ground himself from getting too defensive and provoke more of an argument. His words were no question, but almost that of an order, "It stays with me,"

Jin ZiXun frowned, "Wei WuXian, you should be thankful you haven't been attacked yet! We'll let you help, but you have to give us the seal,"

Wei WuXian laughed coldly, "Give you my Stygian Tiger Seal? And do tell me Jin ZiXun, how am I supposed to trust I'll get it back if I were to ever agree?"

The tense silence and eyes on Jin Guangshan only gave Wei WuXian the answer. He smiled wickedly, sick amusement in his eyes as he was proven right. His tone was dark and laced with a small threat,"It stays with me until I die,"

He saw the greedy glints of unhappiness, but disgusting determination and hate. Wei WuXian felt the hands on his shoulder squeeze firmer and Bai Chunhua reminded him, "Second Young Master Lan is still in danger, Xiao Wei,"

Wei WuXian calmed himself and his expression changed from anger to cool, "If we're done here...we should start searching for Lan Zhan,"

"Young Master Wei," Su She began, "Don't think that just because you may be the only person able to have a chance, means you suddenly get leeway and trust. You're still going to be on tight watch,"

"That's fine," Wei WuXian shrugged, "I don't trust anyone in this room except for two- maybe three people,"

"Which people?" Sect Leader Ouyang asked.

The black and red robed male smiled mysteriously, "Why should I tell you?"

"Young Master Wei, you would do good to be mindful of the words you say," Another, a more older man, said with a rough voice, "You're only being tolerated since we need to keep an eye on you and ensure Hanguang Jun's safety,"

Wei WuXian's heart twisted a bit, those words hurting him for an entirely different reason that had nothing to do with what was going on right now. Yet, his face remained indifferent.

Lan Xichen rose to his feet almost at once, his voice stern, "A-Ying is not a prisoner here. He's a guest and while this may not be Gusu, A-Ying was invited here by Sect Leader Jiang and myself. Therefore, he is an accomplice of both our Sects and should be treated as such,"

Jiang Cheng had also stood up, a dangerous and unpleasant scowl on his face, "Zewu Jun is correct. Wei WuXian is family to the Yunmeng Jiang Sect, brother to myself and my sister. That means he just as family to the Jin's as a brother-in-law like me and A-Ling's DaiJiu,"

Wei WuXian grinned, looking at the red faced Jin Guangshan. The Sect Leader released a long breath of air, obviously weighing his options. He should, politically, have the power to overrule this decision as Koi Tower was his domain and he was the chief cultivator. But in treating Wei WuXian in a way not approved by the two Sect Leaders, it could cause complications internally. Especially since his son had married Jiang Yanli and publicly accepted Wei WuXian as family. Upsetting Jiang Yanli, would upset both his son, who was growing more and more bold, learning the ropes of the sect and obviously making his stands and using his place against Jin Guangshan's interests, rather than for. And upsetting them would upset his wife, which was something Jin Guangshan wanted to avoid on all terfs. Plus, he couldn't exactly argue that they needed a better plan, because even he, through his own personal interests, knew that Wei WuXian was essential.

Jin Guangshan sat up straighter and nodded, coming to a conclusion, "Fine! Young Master Wei is a guest at Koi Tower and will be treated as such. Until this case is dealt with, Young Master Wei's seclusion in YiLing can be put on hold. A-Yao..."

"Yes, Father?" Jin Guangyao answered readily and Wei WuXian couldn't help but frown a bit at the fact that as the third heir to the sect was acting as more of a servant than a young master.

"Have rooms ready. Including one for Yiling Patriarch," Jin Guangshan spoke with the fakest polite tone anyone had heard.

Wei WuXian smiled out of nothing but respect and bowed softly, "Much appreciated Sect Leader Jin," then to add, he turned to Jin Guangyao and gave him a more proper salute, "I also must thank third young master Jin for his efforts in my accommodation,"

Jin Guanyao started, eyes widening slightly, before he rushed and gave a bow in return. Jin Guangshan huffed at the obvious disrespect sent towards him, and the respect the demon had given that bastard. He stood up in a flourish of gold robes, adjourning that the meeting was over. Sect Leaders all stood up and huddled in small groups to converse and gossip. Lan Xichen and Jiang Cheng walked up to Wei WuXian, with relieved smiles on both their faces.

"Thank you for standing up for me," Wei WuXian looked at the two, before hovering on Lan Xichen's face. His expression turned into a firm promise, yet tone was laced with sincerity, "Xichen-Ge, I'll find him,"

Lan Xichen smiled softly and nodded. Nie MingJue walked over to the group in the center of the room. There was a noticeable gap between this group and the other chatter, but Wei WuXian ignored it. Nie MingJue fixed Wei WuXian with a venomous gaze, "If you betray any trust, I will end you,"

Wei WuXian used to like Chifeng Zun. He really did. He used to admire the man and how just he was. He believed that Chifeng Zun was one of the most just Sect Leader's out there. But that perception was shattered when the Nie Sect Leader said the Wen Remnants should be killed because they were Wens.

So, Wei WuXian looked at Nie MingJue with an eyebrow raised mockingly, "I see the perceptions of a naive child are far misleading of what those with status truly are,"

Nie MingJue's gaze darkened at the insult, Jiang Cheng and Lan Xichen both glancing between the two awkwardly and ready to defuse the situation, "Young Master Wei, tread carefully,"

"As if that will do anything. I'll tread with confidence knowing that I wouldn't kill a child for his surname, unlike most of this entire room," Wei WuXian bit right back, watching as Baxia let out a soft tremble on the man's back.

Jiang Cheng facepalmed beside him mumbling something about 'hopeless' and 'it's not even been half a day'. Nie MingJue stared at Wei WuXian eyes narrowed but he couldn't say anything except, "A child?"

There was a pause and the three sect leaders saw multiple emotions flash through Wei WuXian's face. Shock, disbelief, rage, hatred, and disgust.

"Unbelievable," Wei WuXian spat, but nonetheless informed, not breaking his gaze, which was filled with disgust, "At the Burial Mounds, there's a child of the age of five.  So young and  he should be in school, learning alongside peers, but instead he's stuck, caged, all he is learning is from commoners and our companions because of his own name," Wei WuXian paused and then tilted his head in a gesture that screamed arrogance, "Does he have blood on his hands? Do the elderly and threatened have to be blamed for the bullshit of a bastard?"

The three Sect Leaders suddenly realized where they had heard a similar statement recently. Lan Xichen looked at Wei WuXian with surprise, "You...and WangJi..."

Wei WuXian's expression changed at once, straight into confusion at the sudden question. He furrowed his brows, "What?"

"When did you last meet WangJi?" Lan Xichen asked.

'What? Why is he asking- does he know? No! Lan Xichen is being kind to me...even if its in order to save Lan Zhan, if he truly knew, I'd be dead already!'

"Two years ago," Wei WuXian answered firmly, "He escorted me back to YiLing from Lanling after the Banquet came to an end. We have not met it talked since,"

Ren MingXia snorted, "Liar,"

"That was the last time you two talked?" Lan Xichen mumbled confused.

Wei WuXian nodded slowly, hiding all emotions of unease, "Why is this shocking?"

"No, nothing, I just thought..." Lan Xichen trailed off.

Wei WuXian raised an eyebrow, but let the matter drop. He refused to speak of the truth, the consequences could be dire. For him, Wei WuXian didn't care too much. He would appeal to cursing Lan WangJi if it meant the Lan Sect would be merciful and not dare to punish their second jade. The idea of Lan WangJi being hurt made his blood turn cold, Wei WuXian forcing himself to let the topic switch.

Nie MingJue seemed to also forget about the reason he came over, sharing a glance with Lan Xichen. Jiang Cheng was staring at Wei WuXian with slightly narrowed eyes, obviously trying to figure the older out. The last time they had heard something remotely similar, the words were said by Lan WangJi, two months ago at the Unclean Realm. Wei WuXian glanced at Jiang Cheng, confused, but also let a small amount of unease show. It was something he had been trying with people close to him, something Wen Qing was strict about. He needed to be honest with his feelings, especially negative ones.

Seeing this, Jiang Cheng's heart softened slightly, but also swelled with pride that his brother was truly trying to heal himself from the damage Yu ZiYuan and Jiang Fengmian, along with many, many others, had inflicted. Jiang Cheng knew he had his own fault for some of those wounds, and he was trying to understand and evaluate the damage and true meanings underneath Wei WuXian's smile, his sister a large help as they began to unravel the damage of their parents. And they were getting better, they were healing. Though apart, they communicated quite often with the bracelets and necklace.

Jiang Cheng placed a hand on his brother's shoulder, giving a firm squeeze as he spoke up, "So now that you're basically free- for a while anyway, what do you wanna do?"

Wei WuXian hummed, "I used to think what I'd want to do, but now that it's happened- I don't know. I've already been to Lotus Pier, seen Shijie and A-Ling. Lan Zhan is missing- and the Wen's are safe for now. I have nothing to do except worry, work, and ignore all these slimy assholes,"

Jiang Cheng snorted at the last sentence. He offered, "Huaisang wanted to catch lunch with me today, why don't you join us?"

"Yes!" Nie Huaisang's voice piped up and the boy showed himself from behind Nie MingJue, grinning widely, "Wei-xiong, join us! It'll be like the lectures at Gusu!"

Wei WuXian smiled at the memory, "Ah, blissful innocence. To think that would be the last bit of youth for our generation,"

Jiang Cheng and Nie Huaisang both showed expressions of reflection. The older two Sect Leader's shared another glance, before watching the younger three with complicated expressions. Wei WuXian changed the topic, "Okay! Let's go!"

Nie Huaisang beamed and grabbed Wei WuXian and Jiang Cheng's wrists, pulling them out of the room before anyone could stop them. The old friends descended down the steps and the dirt path, entering into Lanling City.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

39.8K 1.7K 25
Lan WangJi's beautiful laugh echoed throughout the gusu forest, tinkling like bells. Wei WuXian watched, happy, but no...something was wrong. The su...
787K 41.3K 107
Jiang Cheng and Lan WangJi.... They do NOT get along. Even after Wei WuXian and Lan WangJi marry, even after Jiang Cheng and Wei WuXian talk with one...
41K 1.4K 6
(A/N: I wrote this first in Tagalog and supposed to be just a quote, but... 😂😂😂 MY most-awaited XiCheng angst fanfic! 😂😂😂) Summary: The cultiva...
52.3K 3.3K 16
Summary: It all started from a game, and ended in such a spectacular, but bewildering, event! Gusu, Cloud Recesses. "S-sect leader Lan...? W-what...