Birds Of A Feather (Young Jus...

By PetraGirlPsych

Rachel has always been labeled as odd and she was fine with that. Being the adopted daughter of John Constant... More

Character Profile
Independence Day
A/n
Welcome To Happy Harbor
Schooled
Infiltrator
Denial
Downtime
Bereft
Targets
Terrors
Fanart Contest
Birthday Girl Down
School Day
HomeFront
Alpha Male
Revelation
Humanity
Inside Job I
Inside Job II

Fireworks

2.9K 91 6
By PetraGirlPsych

Time runs short! You must awaken! You must awaken NOW!”

The teens awaken, finding out that they were trapped inside the same pods, as Superboy was.

Speaking of Superboy, the clone was standing directly in front of them, glaring.

“What? What do you want?” Kid Flash asked the clone in annoyance.

“Quit staring. You're creeping me out.”

“Uh, KF, how about we not tick off the guy who can fry us with a look?” Robin suggests to the seriously freaked out speedster.

Desmond and the scientist that was in Project Kr walk down the organic-looking hall.

“Prepare the cloning procedure for the new Project Sidekick, now.” Desmond instructs.

She leaves instantly and Desmond continues to walk coming to a stop beside Guardian, who stood in front of Superboy’s pod room.

“Almost done here Doc.” Guardian said as a G-troll held the door steady, and a construction worker fixed it.

Desmond nods, but then glanced inside the room, seeing the empty pod.

“Where’s the weapon?” He asked angrily.

“Superboy? He carried the intruders to the cloning chamber.” Guardian informed.

“We have Genomorphs for that!” Desmond yelled.

“Get the weapon back in its pod now!”

“I don't see the harm in letting the kid stretch his legs.” Guardian said, shrugging.

“Don’t you now?” Desmond asks, raising a single eyebrow signaling the G-gnome on Guardian’s shoulder, it’s horns begin to glow.

Guardians eyes go wide, but blank before they harden into an angry glare.

“That clone belongs in a cage!” he growled before storming off.

“We only sought to help you.” Aqualad said calmly to Superboy.

“Yeah. We free you, and you turn on us. How's that for grat….”

“Can you just be quiet?” Raven said firmly, annoyed at him.

“I believe our friend was not in full control of his actions.” Aqualad added.

Robin sneakily pulled out a lock pick from his gloves, and began to work on his restraints.

“Wha……what if I………What if I wasn’t?” Superboy asked, his voice shaking.

“He can talk?” Kid Flash asked shocked.

Superboy’s hand clenches into a fist as he glared at the speedster. “Yes, HE can.”

Raven and Aqualad gave Kid Flash looks.

“Not like I said, it.”

“The Genomorph taught you telepathically.” Raven realizes.

“They taught me much. I can read, write. I- I know the names of things.” Superboy admits.

“But have you seen them? Have they actually let you see the sky? Or the Sun?” Robin asked.

“Images are implanted in my mind.” But then he looked down. “But no. I have not seen them.”

“Do you know what you are, who you are?” Aqualad asked.

“I am the Superboy, a Genomorph, a clone made from the DNA of the Superman, created to replace him should he perish… to destroy him should he turn from the Light.”

Superboy said firmly, the last bit making the four teens exchange worried looks.

“To be like Superman is a worthy aspiration, but, like Superman, you deserve a life of your own beyond that solar suit, beyond your pod, beyond Cadmus.” Aqualad said, trying to persuade him.

“I live because of Cadmus! It is my home!” Superboy yelled offended.

“Dude, your home is a test tube.” Raven said bluntly.

“We can show you the Sun.” Robin said.

“Uh, pretty sure it’s after midnight, but we can show you the moon.” Kid Flash said instead.

“We can show you, introduce you to Superman.” Aqualad added.

Superboy’s eyes widen, at that last bit.

“No, they can’t.”

Desmond said firmly as he, Guardian, and the female scientist walk into the chamber.

“They’ll be otherwise occupied.” Then he turned to the female scientist.

“Activate the cloning process.” The scientist walks off to do as she was told.

“Pass! BatCave’s crowded enough.” Robin said.

“And get the Weapon back in its pod.” Desmond commands.

“Hey, how come he gets to call Supey an it?” Kid Flash asked annoyed.

Guardian steps up, placing a hand on Superboy’s shoulder.

Superboy looks to the four trapped teens.

“Help us.” Aqualad pleaded.

Superboy shrugged Guardian’s hand off his shoulder, making Desmond walk up behind him.

“Don't start thinking now.”

His Genomorph hops off his shoulder and lands on Superboy's.

It’s horns glow red, as it takes control over the clone.

“See you’re not a real boy. You’re a weapon, and you belong to me! Well Cadmus. Same thing.” Then he stepped aside.

“Now get back to your pod!”

Superboy doesn’t objects and turns, leaving the room.

Immediately Superboy stepped out of the room, Desmond gave a signal to the scientist.

She hits a button on the control station, causing robotic arms to come out of the base of pods the teens were in.

The tops of the arms break apart into four prongs, which plunge into the teens chests, making them scream as currents of electricity pass into their bodies, shocking them, causing red liquid fill the canisters beside them.

“Where’s Dubbilex?” Desmond asked and the Anthropoid walked out from the corner.

“Ooh!” Desmond gasped taken off-guard.

“Lurking as usual. Get the G-gnomes downloading their memories. When that’s done, delete the source material.”

Superboy walked down the hall, the G-gnome still on his shoulder.

But then, with his Super hearing abilities, he heard Aqualad's small voice.

Superboy, you live. That gives you the right to follow your own path. A weapon or a person, the choice is yours, but ask yourself What would Superman do?”

Superboy stopped at those words, his eyes furrowing in determination.

A boom echoes through the containment room.

Guardian and Desmond turned to the door, as it was ripped off it’s hinges.

Superboy stood on the other side, holding the door above his head.

As he does the torture devices on the four teens power down.

Desmond, Dubbilex and Guardian made their way over to the clone as he stepped into the room.

“I told you to get back to you……”

Desmond starts but is cut off by Superboy’s arm which hits him, making him unconscious.

Guardian and Dubbilex are both thrown into a wall, knocking them out.

Superboy stood in front of Desmond, glaring down at him. “Don’t give me orders.”

He stepped up to the teens in their pods.

“You here to save us or fry us?” Kid Flash asked.

Superboy glared at him for a moment, but nothing happened.

“Huh. I don't seem to have Heat Vision, so I suppose helping is my only option.”

Robin manages to get his wrist restraints open, then jumps down from his pod.

“Ahh. Finally! Lucky Batman isn’t here. He’d have my head for taking so long.” He said, massaging his wrists.

“Seriously, that’s what you're worried about?” Raven deadpanned.

“The whole League will have our heads after tonight.” Kid Flash snaps angrily.

Robin goes over to the control stations, pressing some buttons which release the prongs from the remaining two, and opened their pods.

Robin turned to Superboy. “Get Aqualad. I’ll get Raven and Kid Mouth.”

“Don’t you give me orders either.” Superboy growled but does go to release Aqualad anyway.

He walks up to the pod, and rips off the restraints with ease.

Aqualad falls, but Superboy catches him, holding him up by his shoulder.

“Thank you.” Aqualad says sincerely, making Superboy nod.

Robin got Kid Flash down, and walked over to Raven’s pod, opening her restraints, and then catching her as she fell

“Are you okay?” He asked sincerely.

“I’ve had worse.” Raven answered, pushing herself away from Robin’s arms, feeling awkward with the contact.

“We better get going.”

The five teens run out of the room, just as Desmond started to gain consciousness.

“You….you’ll never get out of here! I’ll have you back in pods before morning."

Robin turns at the doorway and pauses, causing Kid Flash to do the same.

“That guy is not whelmed. Not whelmed at all.”

He said as he threw three disks into the room.

“What is with you and this whelmed thing?” Kid Flash asked as they turn to leave.

The four disks hit all four of their DNA canisters and begin to beep, then explode, destroying their stored DNAs.

Desmond stood before the destroyed lab, his face red with anger.

A G-gnome jumps onto his shoulder.

“Activate every Genomorph in Cadmus.”

The G-gnome's horns glow red as it makes a telepathic connection to the other Genomorphs in the building.

The teens run down the hallway, failing to notice the white colored bumps on the wall glow a bright red.

“We are still 42 levels below ground, but if we can make the elevator…”

Aqualad trailed off, as giant G-trolls block their way.

The four teens stop and look back the way they came.

The orbs on the walls all hatch, and large Genomorphs crawl out, blocking the way.

A G-troll strikes from behind, and the five jump away, avoiding it’s blow.

Superboy glared at it, and jumps up, punching it across the jaw, bringing it down.

But then, he’s surrounded by three more, and then is crushed under one of their hands.

Another bends and tries to hit Aqualad with it’s horns.

Aqualad backflips over the creature, giving Robin the chance to get in front of it and take its attention as he grabs his horn and jumps with Aqualad over the G-troll's shoulder.

Kid Flash has another behind him and he runs it into the wall, before running along it to end up beside Aqualad and Robin.

The three turn as they hear the hallway shake and crumble.

They turn to see Raven hovering in the air, who shrugged, as she had used her powers to throw one of the G-trolls at the ceiling.

The hallway shook again and the four turn, this time their attentions landing on Superboy who was still fighting off the G-trolls, slamming them into the wall, making the hallway start to fall apart.

“Superboy, the goal is escape. Not to bury ourselves here.” Aqualad called out to him.

Superboy turns to the three with anger written across his face.

“You want to escape?” he asked, then grabbed an unconscious G-troll and throws it into the two that are coming towards him with a battle cry.

Aqualad pried off the elevators, as the three younger ones join him, looking down at the seemingly never ending chasm below, and the one above.

Robin uses his grappling hook to get a couple of stories above them, while Raven took Kid Flash’s hand, flying up with him.

A G-troll charged at Superboy and Aqualad, but the Kryptonian gave it a strong punch, before grabbing Aqualad, jumping into the elevator shaft.

Superboy attempts to fly and gets very high above, before he suddenly starts falling, with a look of shock on his face.

“I……I’m falling.”

Raven jumps into action, using her powers to catch the two in an orb, before setting them on one of the columns.

Superboy looked away sadly.

“Superman can fly. Why can’t I fly?”

“Don’t know,” Kid Flash says, as he, Robin and Raven stood on the column below them.

“But it does look like you can leap tall buildings in a single bound. Still cool.”

Then he helps Superboy down to the small ledge. Aqualad follows shortly thereafter.

“Ah, thank you.” Superboy murmurs.

A sound from above them catches Robin’s attention.

“Guys, this will have to be our exit.” He said as the elevator kept coming down.

Aqualad and Superboy rip off the doors, now showing that they were on SL-15.

The teens run as they were being chased by more G-gnomes, and a G-troll.

Turn left, brother.” a voice says in Superboy’s mind.

His eyes widen, slightly confused, but then gives in.

“Go left! Left!” he said to the others.

They all follow him, as he follows the directions.

Turn right.”

“Right.”

The teens made it to a corner, the only thing there, an air vent above them.

“It’s a dead-end.” Raven said, stating the obvious.

“Great directions, Supey.” Kid Flash said sarcastically. “Are you trying to get us repodded?”

“No. I…….I don’t understand.” Superboy said confused.

But then Robin smiles.

“Don't apologize. This is perfect!”

The G-gnomes and G-troll tub round the corner, but see no trace of the teens.

The only thing there was an open air vent.

In the vents, Robin leads the way, followed by Aqualad, Raven, Kid Flash, then Superboy bringing up the rear.

“Ugh, at this rate we’ll never get out.” Kid Flash complains.

“Shh.” Superboy shushes, coming to a stop, prompting the others to the same. “Listen.”

Within the vent system are the G-gnomes, coming after the five teens.

Desmond, Guardian, and Dubbilex run down a hallway.

Desmond held a tablet with the building schematics on it.

“Someone, Robin, I’d wager, hacked our systems deactivating internal security cameras, but he neglected the motion sensors.”

Desmond watch as the Genomorphs rush closer to the five small dots on the tablet.
“The Genomorphs are closing in. They're all coming out in here.”

He opens the door to a bathroom.

“We have them cornered.” Desmond said, as they stand before some vents.

Instead of the teen heroes, five G-gnomes tumble out of the vent.

Desmond gritted his teeth angrily.
“He hacked the motion sensors.”

“I hacked the motion sensors.” Robin said smirking, as he played around with his holographic computer.

“Sweet.” Kid Flash said happily.

“Still plenty of them between us and out.” Robin grumbles, as they stop by the emergency staircase.

Kid Flash brings his goggles down over his eyes.

“But I’ve finally got room to move.”

He opened the door and super speeds up the stairs, passing different levels.

He looks up to see a bunch of G-gnomes coming down from the stairs above him.

Kid smirks, and then runs past them, knocking them out, clearing the way for Aqualad, Robin, Raven and Superboy.

“More behind us.” Robin stated, still typing away on his computer.

Superboy gets on to the platform abd then he turns, stepping on the staircase, breaking it, sending the G-gnomes down.

In the elevator, Guardian, Dubbilex, Desmond, three G-gnomes, and a G-dwarf, stood.

“We'll cut them off at Sub-Level One.” Guardian said as they past Sub-Levels 15 and 14.

“We'd better or the board will have our heads……my head.” Desmond said nervously, then he hit the stop button on the elevator.

The door opens, and he steps out.

“I need to get something from Project Blockbuster, just in case. I’ll meet you at Sub-Level One.”

Kid Flash continues up the staircase at super-speed, making out the door that indicates that he is at Sub-Level 1

But then, alarms start blaring and massive doors start to close.

His eyes widen as he realizes he won't be able to stop in time.

“Oh, crud.”

He hit the doors, and then falls back as tumbles back from the barrier

“We are cut off from the street.”

Aqualad grumbles annoyed as he, Superboy, Raven and Robin run to catch up with him.

Kid Flash groaned, rubbing the back of his head.

“Thanks. My head hadn’t noticed.”

Superboy walks past him, punching the door, but not even getting a dent in it.

He begins trying to pry it apart, but can’t do it.

Aqualad walked forward, helping Superboy to try and pay the door off, but to no avail.

“Can’t hack this fast enough.” Robin said, annoyed as he typed on his computer

Raven backed up, her eyes glowing white, and tried blasting the doors, but nothing happened.

G-trolls growl and two come around the corner.

Then Robin noticed a door to his right.

“This way!” He shouts, kicking the door open.

They enter a hallway to see that they were trapped.

Guardian stood in front of them, with at least, more than a dozen Geno creatures surrounding them.

Aqualad removes his Water Bearers, forming dual swords as the others drop into fighting stances.

One of the G-gnome’s horns begin to glow, and the other G-gnomes follow suit, all of them linking each other telepathically.

Then they attacked the young heroes' minds.

All four teens straighten out, the boys then falling to he ground, except Raven and Superboy who drop to their knees.

Perhaps for the sake of all Genomorphs our brother Superboy should make up his own mind.”

Dubbilex said to all the Genomorphs telepathically.

Superboy’s eyes widen in realization “It was you.

Yes, brother. I set the fire and lured your new friends into Cadmus, woke them when they were in danger……” Dubbilex lists.

And guided me.” Superboy finishes. “Why?”

Because you are our hope, the Genomorph hero. You will blaze a trail for all our brothers, showing us the way to freedom.” Dubbilex tells Superboy.

Guardian groans and grips his head, then the G-gnome jumps from his shoulder.

“What’s going on?” he questions, stirring Aqualad back into consciousness.

“What is your choice, brother?” Dubbilex asks Superboy

“I... choose... freedom.” Superboy said determinedly.

“Feels... like fog... lifting.” Guardian said as the other three teen boys get back to their own two feet as well.

“Ugh! I’d like nobody to try to get inside my head again.” Raven growled, glaring at Dubbilex.

“Guardian?” Aqualad asks the hero.

“Go. I’ll deal with Desmond.” Guardian assured them.

“I think not.”

They all turned to see Desmond step out from behind the Genomorphs

“Project Blockbuster will give me the power to restore order to Cadmus.”

He then down a blue liquid from a vial he was holding.

Guardian backs up, standing protectively in front of the five teenagers as Desmond begins to transform.

His veins pops through his skin, and he falls to his knees, his head in his hands, as his body grew, ripping his lab coat

Some part of his skin expand, and his eyes colors changed to a glowing red.

Then, he stands back up and growls, all his old skin ripping off him and now replaced by thicker grey skin.

“Okay, that’s just gross.” Raven said in her monotone voice.

Desmond let out a large roar, making Superboy tense up.

Desmond turned to the six and growled angrily

Guardian stepped forward.

“Everyone back!”

He runs straight at the Blockbuster, only to be pushed aside with one punch.

Superboy glared at the Blockbuster and rushed forward, landing a giant punch on it.

Blockbuster stood unphased, and then gave Superboy a punch of it’s own.

The two exchange large amounts of punches for a couple of times, before Blockbuster finally grabbed Superboy, jumping upward, bursting the ceiling.

“Okay. That's one way to bust through the ceiling.” Robin said, as the four stood under the hole.

Then he grabbed his grappling hook through the same hole.

“You think Lab Coat planned that?” Kid Flash questions as he grabs onto Robin's utility belt and the two go up the hole.

“I doubt he is planning anything anymore.” Aqualad says darkly, as Raven grabbed his hand, flying with him through the hole.

They all stand at the main floor of the building

Blockbuster tries to crush Superboy, but the Kryptonian managed to pull his arms apart.

Blockbuster then grabbed Superboy’s ankles, and then throws him at the other heroes

Kid Flash, Robin and Raven duck, but Aqualad gets slammed into hard.

Robin helped Superboy to his feet, Kid Flash doing the same with Aqualad.

Blockbuster glared at the five heroes, and then charged at them.

Kid Flash runs straight at the monster, and then slid under him, distracting him momentarily.

He turned back to see Aqualad and Superboy jump at him, both giving him punches, making him slide back.

He shakes his head and comes face to face with the heroine.

“Azarath Metrion Zinthos.”

She uses her telekinesis to raise huge chunks of debris flying at him, all at once, making him back up further into Kid Flash, who tripped him.

“Learned that one in kindergarten.”

Robin jumps out from behind the speedster, and threw two of his Birderangs at him.

Blockbuster swings his arm and deflects them as he staggers so he's facing away from the two teens.

He comes face to face with Superboy, and growled, grabbing him by his middle, and then slamming him into one of the pillars.

He pulled away, and Superboy gave a hard hit to his head.

Blockbuster reels his head, and then gives Superboy a hard hit across the far, slamming him into the pillar behind them.

Blockbuster goes for another hit, when suddenly, a water whip is wrapped around his arm, holding him back.

Aqualad charges at the monster, kicking him with his knee, before planting his feet on the pillar Superboy was in, turning to Blockbuster, and making his whips into a mace.

Blockbuster, unfortunately, catches it with one hand and throws the Atlantean to the side while his other hand held Superboy.

Aqualad hit the floor with a yelp of pain, and Blockbuster lifted Superboy up, throwing him into another pillar, making the Kryptonian gasp as a slab of concrete fell on his shoulder.

Kid Flash speeds in, as Aqualad manages to get out of the way of Blockbuster attempting to step on his head.

The speedster grabbed Blockbuster’s massive wrist and then managed to turn the monster away from Aqualad.

Blockbuster opened his hand, causing Kid Flash to lose his grip and catch the speedster's smaller wrist in it.

Aqualad forces himself to stand, his tattoos glowing as his Water Bearer turns to a mace once more, prepared to hit Blockbuster’s turned back.

Blockbuster grabbed Kid Flash, throwing him into Aqualad, sending the Atlantean flying back into another pillar, and Kid Flash landing at the door.

Raven glared, her eyes glowing white.

She raised her hands up, and then hit them on the ground, her powers making each tile leading up to Blockbuster to fly up.

A tile was able to hit Blockbuster on his face.

Raven raised up the debris one more time, and then used them to surround the monster, circling him.

One by one, she dropped the debris on his head.

Blockbuster growled and then charged forward, grabbing Raven by her waist, and throwing her against a pillar.

He charged at her again, and she rolled out of the way, making the monster hit the wall.

Raven then used her powers to throw it backwards, making it hit a pillar, causing the whole building to tremble.

“Of course.” the Boy Wonder realizes, pulling up the floor plan of the room on his wrist.

“KF, get over here!”

Kid Flash gets to his feet and follows the Boy Wonder’s call as the other three continued fighting Blockbuster.

“Got it?” Robin asks Kid Flash as the damage is being shown in real-time on his hologlove.

“Got it.” Kid Flash confirms.

“Go!” Robin commands as the speedster zips off towards Superboy and Blockbuster.

Kid Flash zoomed right by the monster, hitting him with a fast speed, getting some of it’s mold on his hand.

“Got your nose.” Kid teased, making Blockbuster growl, tossing Superboy away, and going after him.

“Superboy, Aqualad, Raven.” Robin calls pulling up the Hologlove again.

“Come and get me, you incredible bulk!” Kid taunted, rushing round the room, as Blockbuster tried to punch him.

“This one, that one and that one.”

Robin pointed out to the other three who nodded.

Robin pulled out three of his explosive disks.

Superboy hits an already damaged pillar breaking it with ease.

Aqualad destroyed another one with his mace, and Raven destroyed one with her powers.

Blockbuster attempted to hit the speedster again, only to miss.

Kid Flash chuckles. “Sorry. Try again.”

Robin uses chalk to draw a white X on the floor and Aqualad uses his Water Bearers to create a puddle that Kid Flash skids through covering up to said X.

Superboy jumps and hits Blockbuster on his way down with a cross that knocks him straight to the ground.

Right on the X.

Aqualad uses his electricity to touch the water beneath his feet, leading up to Blockbuster, shocking him.

“Move!” Robin calls as Aqualad releases his hold on the electricity.

On the three remaining pillars are Robin's disks, which beeped, before exploding.

Suddenly, the roof, which was no long held up, fell, right on to Blockbuster's head.

The heroes are running to make it out of the debris field, but Raven, realizing they won’t make it far enough, skids to a stop in front of the boys, creating a shield over their heads, just as the whole building came crumbling down on them.

Raven used her powers to lift the rubble off all of them.

The teens were all panting heavily, as the cuts and bruises on their skins and clothes were clearly visible.

“We… did it.” Aqualad said, breathing heavily.

“Was there… ever any doubt?” Robin asked, and they gave a high-five to Kid Flash, before they both groaned, dropping their hands because of their injuries.

Robin turned to Raven.

“Are you………okay?”

“I’m alright.” Raven replied panting.

Superboy steps fully out of the rubble they were covered in and looks to the still pinned Blockbuster.

“See? The Moon.” Kid Flash said, pointing to the body of light that was shinning brightly over them.

Superboy stood, staring at it in awe.

But then a figure appeared, blocking the moon’s light.

Superboy squints trying to see who it is.

The figure drew closer, revealing the Man Of Steel himself.

“Oh. And Superman. Do we keep our promises, or what?” Kid Flash added, a bit surprised.

Martian Manhunter, Zatara, Captain Marvel, and Red Tornado fly behind Superman.

Followed by Captain Atom, Hawkman, Wonder Woman, Hawkwoman.

Black Canary, Aquaman, Batman, and Green Arrow appeared standing on a platform, held by the both Green Lanterns.

As Batman steps up to Superman, Flash zooms in, standing to Batman’s left.

Superboy stepped up to Superman, lifting up his torn shirt, revealing the S on it.

Superman's eyes widen in shock, making Superboy’s lip curve up in a small smile.

But then Superman glared, his gaze turning cold, making Superboy furrow his eyebrows in confusion.

“Is that what I think it is?” Batman asked.

“He doesn’t like being called an it.”
Kid Flash said, as he stepped closer to the Kryptonian.

“I’m Superman’s clone!” Superboy exclaimed.

Flash dropped his cross arms in shock, while Martian Manhunter exchanged a look with Captain Marvel, Aquaman and Black Canary looking on in shock.

Batman’s eyes zero in on his protégé.
“Start talking.”

The Green Lanterns trapped Blockbuster in a sphere, taking them to the Justice League headquarters, Hawkwoman, Hawkman and Captain Atom, following along.

Superman is having a conversation with Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter.

Superboy watches as Manhunter places a hand on Superman’s shoulder, and the Man Of Steel turns to meet his eye.

Superboy averts his eyes, then looks up as Superman walked in front of him.

Superman sighs as he meets his clone.

“We’ll……uh……we’ll figure something out for you. The League will……I mean. For now I better make sure they get the Blockbuster creature squared away.”

He flew away in a hurry, leaving Superboy following him with shocked, hurt, and confused eyes.

“Well that wasn’t awkward at all.” Raven said sarcastically, crossing her arms.

“Cadmus will be investigated” Batman says, drawing the teens' attention to him, Flash, and Aquaman as they walk towards them.

“All 52 levels but let's make one thing clear……”

“You should have called.” Flash said sternly.

“End results aside, we’re not happy. You hacked Justice League systems, disobeyed direct orders, and endangered lives. You will not be doing this again.” Batman added.

The teens exchanged looks, before Aqualad stepped forward.

“I am sorry, but we will.” He said firmly.

“Aqualad, stand down.” Aquaman attempts to command the older teen

“Apologies, my King, but no.” He replied firmly, making his mentor raise an eyebrow.

“We did good work here tonight, the work you trained us to do. Together on our own we forged something powerful, important.”

“If this is about your treatment at the Hall, the four of you….” Flash started.

“The five of us, and it's not.” Kid Flash interrupted.

“Batman, we're ready to do what you taught us, or why teach us at all?” Robin asked his mentor.

“You brought us together to become a team right? Well was it for show or something serious?” Raven asked.

“Why let them tell us what to do? It’s simple. Get on board or get out of the way.” Superboy added, the five teens standing tall and determined, staring at the adults.

Mount Justice; July 8th, 8:04 EDT

Green Lantern and Captain Atom, flew around, moving furniture around the cave.

Batman, Aquaman, Flash, Hawkman, Black Canary, Red Tornado, and Captain Marvel stood in the center, with the teens standing opposite them, all in civilian clothes.

“This cave was the original secret sanctuary of the Justice League. We’re calling it into service again. Since you five are determined to stay together and fight the good fight you’ll do it on League terms.” Batman said, then walked forward.

“Red Tornado volunteered to live here and be your supervisor. Black Canary’s in charge of training. I will deploy you on missions.”

“Real missions?” Robin asks, a pair of dark glasses on his face, to hide his identity.

“Yes, but covert.” Batman confirms.

“The League will still handle the obvious stuff.” Flash said, placing a hand on Kid Flash's shoulder. “There’s a reason we have these big targets on our chest.”

“But Cadmus proves the bad guys are getting smarter. Batman needs a team that can operate on the sly.” Aquaman added.

“The six of you will be that team.” Batman states.

“Cool! Wait.” Robin does the very simple math and realizes the problem. “Six?”

Batman looks over the teens shoulders.

The five turn to see Martian  Manhunter walk into the cave with a green skinned, red-haired, teenage girl.

“This is the Martian Manhunter’s niece. Miss Martian.”

She raises her left hand, giving them a small wave and a shy “Hi.”

“Liking this gig more every minute.” Kid Flash whispered to Robin, then stepped forward.

“Uh welcome aboard, I’m Kid Flash. That's Robin,” the smaller raven steps to the side and gives a Rock ‘n’ Roll sign.

“Aqualad, Raven. It’s cool if you forget their names.”

“I'm honored to be included.” Miss Martian says sincerely, clasping her hands in front of her to enunciate her point.

Aqualad, robin, Kid Flash and Raven all walk over to the Martian.

“It’s nice to know I won’t have to deal with all this testosterone alone.” Raven said in her usual tone making Miss Martian giggle.

“Me too.”

However, Superboy stays behind, looking down.

“Hey Superboy come meet Miss M!” Robin called out to him.

Superboy walks over to the rest of the team.

Miss Martian uses her shape-shifting ability to change her shirt color from white with a red X to black with the same red X, removing the cape.

“I like your t-shirt.” She said to Superboy, who gives her a small smile.

Robin nudges his elbow, while Kid Flash zipped to Raven’s side, placing his arms around her shoulder, making her tense, but then relaxed.

Aqualad smiled proudly.

“Today is the day.”

~ Okay, that marks the end of the pilot chapters.

Now on to the deeper chapters of the season.

I can't wait for us to finally see Robin and Raven moments.

Plus, when they're on a mission, I'll now call Wally KF instead, and Connor SB.

Writing Kid Flash and Superboy is exhausting.

Anyway, what'd you think of it so far?

Oh and please read the next chapter, it's very important.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

181K 5.7K 38
When The Day arrives for four young heroes, Stormwind, an unknown 13 year old superhero, wants nothing more than to find out how these heroes operat...
887 2 24
Melissa Wayne is a 14 year old girl originally from LA. Her uncle happens to be Billionaire playboy, Bruce Wayne. Which means her cousin (and best fr...
1.5K 29 9
There was one issue Adreen had with being a part of a team. She would have to look after more people other than herself and Artemis. She would also e...
104K 3K 12
Failsafe, a seemingly harmless training exercise. That is, till Miss Martin's subconscious accidentally took control of it. Turning it into a traumat...