π“πˆπ‹π‹ π…πŽπ‘π„π•π„π‘ 𝐅𝐀�...

By mortaldoll

❝ I ππ„π‚π€πŒπ„ A πŒπŽππ’π“π„π‘ ππŽπ“ BECAUSE 𝐈 WANTED π“πŽπŽ. ❞ β–‹β€· 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡, a manic heretic a... More

TILL FOREVER FALLS APART
( graphics. )
( evaluation. )
( prologue. )
( part one. )
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
( part two. )
21
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
( part three. )

22

3.2K 166 559
By mortaldoll

BASED ON EVENTS IN 4X02

TWENTY TWO.
we stay connected in
our dreams.

5 YEARS LATER

      EDEN KING LAID ON the dirt floor. She cradled herself, as her skin felt cold, yet burned for the desire to release all the mustered up magic being held within herself. She felt her body tiring from the pressure of the drug injected to her daily for the past years she had been stuck underground.

There was no doubt her skin was pale, and her lips chapped. It had been years since she felt a taste of blood slip through her mouth. She was at the worst estate of her life, and she was left alone to face it.

"It's tragic isn't?" A male voice spoke up, Eden fluttered her eyes open. Her vision was slightly blurry, as she tried to make out the figure standing before her. "You always were weak."

Eden quickly sat up, when recognizing those dark eyes. Her breathing quickened at the sight of her father. He wore the same article of clothing Eden had last saw him in. His hands folded behind him.

"So much for being powerful, am I right?" Alistair jokingly spoke, taunting Eden. She glanced down at the shackles around her wrist, ones that had slowly grown heavier—and the barrier formed around her—keeping her from escaping this hell altogether.

"You're not real..." She muttered. More as assurance to herself that this was a nightmare, and his taunts were all in her head.

"You're right. Yet, I still haunt you in your darkest hour." Alistair approached the barrier. Eden scoot as far as she could, keeping her distance away from her father.

"You once said I'd witness a real monster." Alistair crouched inches away from the barrier, cocking his head to the side, amused by Eden's fear. "It didn't seem like that lasted very long, now did it?"

     "You may not be real, but I can still kill you if I wanted too." Eden gritted through her teeth, clenching her jaw.

     "Again with the schoolyard taunts!" Alistair exclaimed, standing up and turning his back against her. "You never did learn did you?"

     "Oh, I've learned plenty." Eden countered. She slowly stood from the ground. "Enough to know that in the end, I won. Because you're dead."

     "Look at you!" He exclaimed, his arms opened wide—indicating to the shackles and her dirty clothes that rubbed uncomfortably on her skin. "Who are you against me? You're nobody!"

     "You'll continue to be a nobody as long as you live." Alistair stepped inside the circle. Eden held her breathe, glancing down as his feet stepped over the ring.

     "You still blame others for the suffering you dealt with as a child. That will continue to be your greatest weakness." Alistair hissed.

     Eden pale lips trembled as her father continue to head closer. Eden took a step back, realizing there was nowhere else to go. She closed her eyes tightly, in hopes it would end the treacherous nightmare she was currently experiencing.

He ran a hand on the side of her face, lightly brushing away the strand of hair. Eden shivered at how real his colds hand felt. He leaned forward tauntingly, inches from her face. "No one can love some like you."

     She kept her eyes shut, waiting for something to happen. She could still feel his presence before her, but she wasn't sure whether it was her own thoughts making herself believe that truth. The sound of another familiar voice caught her attention.

    "It's alright, love. He's gone now."

     Eden opened her eyes, and found Niklaus Mikaelson standing in the spot her father was taunting her. Eden let out a sigh, her eyes running over his figure.

      "Nik." Eden sighed out. Niklaus let a smile grow on his lips. Eden wrapped her hands around his neck. Niklaus returned the favor as she buried her head in the crook of his neck.

     His arms around her felt comforting. Through the loneliness and her fathers words, she need this hug more than ever.

"I've got you, love." He muttered in her ear. His voice coming out soft, as all the memories flooded through Eden's senses. They pulled apart, as Eden kept her hands on his arms, assuring that he wouldn't leave her alone once more.

"I must admit, your father is a horrible man." Klaus commented, Eden let a laugh out her lips; The first in years.

"You have no idea." She shook her head, with a small smile.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

Niklaus Mikaelson sat on the coarse dirty below him, leaning against a ledge of bricks. The Tunde blade buried in his chest. Hesitantly, he hovered his hand over his chest, mustering whatever strength to pull it out, although he had none to do so.

"Wow." A familiar female voice spoke, a small smile grew Klaus' face. "You look horrible."

"Eden." Klaus muttered, lifting his head to stare at her figure. She had a smile on her face, one he missed dearly through this time being held captured and away from society.

"You can't get rid of me that easily." She joked, leaning against the rock. She let out a sigh, her face softening. "Except, technically i'm not really here."

"While you're suffering, your mind is trying to distract yourself from it. Hence, why i'm here." Eden explained, with her arms spread out, demonstrating the underground chamber Klaus had spent the last year hiding in.

"I can endure the pain." Klaus muttered, his arms resting on his knees, as he crunched them near his chest.

"Sure you can. Without a doubt." Eden agreed, stepping forward with her hands folded in front of her.

"But, in here you're alone, and facing your darkest thoughts. Worrying about your family... and me." Eden cocked her head to the side, watching him carefully. Klaus glanced at Eden with a careful look.

"Don't speak of it." Klaus warned, his chin resting on his arm.

"Klaus, the only way you'll get over guilt is talking about." Eden advised, she shifted to sit on the ground in front of the barrier.

"Are you giving me advise on how to handle my feelings?" He questioned, his voice croaked  at how low he spoke.

"I spent a good part of my human life in a loony bin, Klaus. You really should give me more credit." Eden joked with a sly smile. Sensing Klaus' seriousness, Eden let out sigh, her smile faltering.

"You feel guilty because before sacrificing yourself for your family, you did nothing to save me. You're worried i'm hurt... or dead."

"Don't." Klaus muttered, turning his head to avoid Eden's questioning look. Although she spoke the truth, he hated saying it out loud; Her being dead.

"My friend is out there alone, and you have no idea what happened to me." Eden continued, ignoring Klaus' warning. "Now your scared i've been dead this whole time, and you couldn't do anything to stop it."

"Are you..." Klaus questioned quickly; In hopes of finding an answer to the question he had held onto for half a decade.

"Dead?" Eden finished off the sentence for him; Sensing the topic to be a very sensitive one for Klaus. "It's okay you can say the word."

"And I wouldn't be able to answer that, Klaus." Eden shrugged, she placed her hands behind her, leaning back. "I'm a vision of your subconscious."

     "And I can't tell you what you want to hear because that's false hope you don't need."

      Klaus still carried an uncertainty in his face. Eden stood, stepping past the ring. She sat beside him, placing a hand over his.

"Look," She started, as Klaus glanced to look at Eden. "You're the reason your family is alive, and you know it. They're alive, Klaus! That has to be more than enough."

"Yet, despite your efforts to protect my family, in return we couldn't save you." Klaus muttered, his eyes wandered to the floor. Feeling ashamed for not being able to accomplish more.

"I never needed you to save me, Nik. You know that." Eden assured with a soft smile.
"You're going to get out of here, thanks to your sacrifice. You won't feel pain anymore."

     "If they come for me, they will be caught. Marcel will kill Elijah." Klaus whispered in realization, the memory of Elijah being bit replayed in his head.

     "Then do something about." Klaus watched Eden's eyes glance down at his chest; Indicating to the blade buried under his skin.
"If you want to be freed, you have to pull out the blade."

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

     "Are you absolutely certain we're looking in the right place?" Kol questioned his older sister, as they collectively gather in Rousseau's. Josh was busy moving a freezer in the kitchen.

     "We know this tunnel runs the length of the city. Marcel must've carved out a section to serve as his personal dungeon." Freya quickly explained for Kol, proving her theory.

     "Ingenious and sadistic. Well done, Marcel." Elijah commented.

     "Save the compliments for when he comes to kill us." Kol advised sarcastically. "Your flattery might give him pause."

     "Okay, you're all set here." Josh huffed out, approaching the group; Finishing the task the demanded him to do. "So, uh, good luck, break a leg, and I'll just be on my way."

     "What, so you can rat us out to Marcel? Not bloody likely." Kol responded to Josh, as Elijah pulled him back before he could leave.

     "Just snap his neck." Dominic suggested impatiently. "It won't matter, anyways."

     "And if he wakes before that?" Elijah questioned.

     "Then kill him."

     "I'm right here, guys." Josh spoke up staring at the group; The rest ignored his comment.

     "We're not killing him." Hayley directed to Kol, as she headed into the kitchen behind them.

     "Yeah, you're probably right." Elijah agreed with Hayley. "For some reason, he's of value to Marcel. Kol, would you?"

     "Happy to stay and have a drink and eviscerate anyone who tries to follow you." Kol tauntingly finished Elijah thought, leaning against a table staring at a worried Josh.

     "Good, then let's go. We're wasting time." Freya quickly responded following the direction Hayley head too, Dominic treading closely behind.

     "Splendid." Elijah mutters turning away from his youngest brother. Leaving him alone with Josh.

       The group all walked into the hole on the wall, heading into the tunnels. Elijah walked ahead of the group. Dominic cleared his throat in the tense atmosphere.

     "So, what happens if we do get caught by Marcel? Because the last thing we need is to deal with another bite." Dominic questioned to the rest, who still walked at a fast pace. Desperate to find where Klaus was hidden.

     "We save Klaus, and if we have to fight our way out, so be it." Freya hastily responded to Dominic's concerns. Not sparing him a glance.

     "Look, not that I don't trust you guys but..."

     "Eden is here, Dominic." Hayley assured Dominic, knowing what he would continue to ask. She gave him a small smile of reassurance.

     Throughout the 5 years Eden had been gone, it was rough for Dominic to continue holding in hope. He tried to find people to help locate Eden, but everything led to a dead end. He was relieved when Freya shared she felt the presence of a witch while locating Klaus, but Dominic still feared it couldn't be true.

     "Niklaus." Elijah called out, jogging up to the gate. They all caught a glimpse at Klaus who laid against a small brick ledge.

     "Brother." Elijah gripped onto the gate, pulling at it, but it didn't budge.

     "Let me." Freya intervened. She waved her hand as the lock broke open. Elijah gave her a grateful nod, before opening the door.

     The group slowly walked in, examining Klaus' estate. He had shackles around his wrist, that lead to one cuffed around his neck. He groaned softly with a hand on his chest. He was covered in dirt, and his hair had grown a bit since they last saw him.

     "Niklaus. We're here." Elijah spoke, lowering himself to look at his brother, earning no response. Freya placed her hand on the invisible barrier, keeping them from entering the circle around Klaus.

     "This spell is strong." Freya informed the rest. "It's been reinforced over time, which means it's going to take time to break."

      "We don't have time."

     "I could try brute force." Freya suggested, her eyes wandering in thought. "Overwhelm it. But I'll need someone to channel."

     "I'll do it." Hayley volunteered, catching everyone attention. "Elijah, you help Dominic find Eden."

     Dominic and Elijah shared a look. Elijah stood up straight, walking into the direction of another tunnel. They both simultaneously, treaded beside each other, heading deeper to the other side. They stopped at a gate like the one before. Dominic used his force to open it. It creaked while it revealed a shivering Eden laying on the dirt floor.

      Dominic approached the barrier, a sigh of relief coming out his mouth. He looked over to Elijah who stared at Eden on the floor.

     "Eden." Dominic softly spoke, trying to catch her attention. "Wake up."

     Eden gasped awake, frighten by the sound. She backed away from the sound, staring at Elijah and Dominic; Her breathing being labored and eyes wide in fear. Once she took in who was standing at the other side of the barrier, she froze.

     "Dominic..." She whispered, almost not believing he was actually standing right before her eyes; She thought she was dreaming once more.

     "Its me, Eden." Dominic assured with a smile, that he couldn't contain anymore. "We need to get you out."

      Eden lifted her hands, as the shackles rattled against each other. "Get these off. I can do the rest."

      "Freya!" Elijah called out, grabbing the attention of the woman who were working on releasing Niklaus. The sound of footsteps echoed down the tunnel, approaching where Eden sat.

      "Oh my god." Hayley muttered, staring at a pale Eden, who seemed starved and restless.

     "Can you remove the shackles?" Dominic asked, facing Freya with pleasing eyes. Freya twisted her wrist, the shackles broke open. Eden eagerly pulled it off her neck letting them fall to the floor.

"Are you sure you can do this?" Dominic questioned, worriedly to his friend who slowly stood from the floor.

"There is no choice." She muttered. Stretching her fingers out, she placed her hands on the barrier; Closing her eyes, her face scrunched up trying to remain concentrated on siphoning the magic.

It took a couple of minutes before the glow from her hands emitted brightly. The first time in half a decade. Eden shuttered, overwhelm by the magic entering her. When the barrier fell, she fell into Dominic arms. He held her closely, feeling the warm familiarity. She felt cold under his touch, as they separated.

Elijah eyebrows furrowed, as he glanced up. "Eden. Whatever happens, don't stop until Niklaus is free."

Eden gave him a small nod, before he sped out of the underground chambers. Freya and Hayley lead the other two back to where Klaus was, still unresponsive as before. Eden's eyes landed on Klaus. This time it was really him. Wearing the same shackles as she once did.

Eden was taken back by the sight; Absolutely shock to figure out he had been chained and enclosed in the same area as her for the past five years. It was a terrible feeling knowing there was more that could've been done.

"Eden." Freya called out, pulling her out of her daze. Eden turned to face Freya, nodding her head. Eden placed her hands on the invisible barrier.

She concentrated long and hard on siphoning the magic out of it. She squeezed her eyes tightly, as the magic wallowed within her. Eden released deep breathes until the barrier fell. Eden stumbled into the ring, kneeling beside Klaus. She held the shackles in her hand, absorbing their magic before pulling them off him.

Eden watched as Klaus dug his hand in his chest, pulling out a blade buried deep within his body. Klaus groaned as it slowly came out of him, blood dripping off the blade. Once Klaus pulled it out, he turned to face Eden. Klaus was taken back by the woman who he had missed for year, the one who'd stood by his side while under the influence of the blade.

"Eden..."

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

Later that night, Eden sat on the porch, overlooking the nature beyond the garden in front of the home Hayley had stayed at for the past 5 years. After leaving New Orleans, it felt surreal to feel the sun on her skin, or the clouds in the sky. Her senses where overwhelmed by the chatter in the car, that she had fell asleep on Dominic shoulder.

     When that drip of blood fell down her throat, she felt her body return to what she felt was normal. Klaus had reconciled with his family, and went off to meet his daughter who had grown exceptionally as the time went by. Eden closed her eyes as the wind ran through her face.

     The sound of the front door opening caught Eden's attention. She turned to watch Niklaus walking out the door, giving her a small smile.

     "Hi." She spoke with a smile. She noticed Klaus had changed from his old dirty clothes she found him in, as he stepped out into the moonlight.

"Hello love." He responded, his smile shinning brightly. "I hope i'm not intruding."

     "Hardly. I spent the last years isolated, I can handle a little company." Eden joked. as Klaus made his way to the seat next to her on the bench.

"Glad to know your still witty as ever." He joked with a smirk, earning a chuckle from Eden. All the memorable moments the two had spent years ago ran through Klaus' mind.

     Eden could feel Klaus' questioning eyes, wandering over her figure; Thousands of questions running through his head.

"Just ask." Eden spoke up, catching his attention. Eden stared ahead, before glancing at him. "I know you're probably wondering."

"What happened?" Klaus blurted out, finally having the opportunity to ease his curiosity.

"Marcel kept me prisoner, to prevent me from saving your family."

"The only reason you didn't know was because Vincent put a spell, from preventing other to hear me. I had screamed for Marcel to let me out... as pointless as it was."

"Is that all Marcel did to you?" Klaus questioned once again. His tone growing furious, almost not wanting to figure out the answer.

"He derived me from my magic. Using shackles and medicating me daily." Eden continued, her voice growing quieter as she brought up memories she preferred gone.

"I'm truly sorry. I should've done more."

     "You did enough, Nik." Eden interrupted, shaking her head. "I knew what I was doing, and that decision is all in me."

Klaus stayed quite, turning away from Eden's look. She let out a sigh, bowing her head. "I have questions of my own, if you don't mind me asking."

Klaus gave her nod, referring for her to continue on. "How did you take the blade out?"

"I've seen it before, and I must say as horrifying as it was to watch... I'm impressed." Eden spoke with a joking smile. Klaus let a soft smile curl on his lips.

"I had someone to motivate me." He responded. "She proved to be quite resilient even in my subconscious."

Eden laughed, understanding who he was referring to. "Careful, Nik. That resilient woman may take your compliment the wrong way."

They both simultaneously laughed together. Filling the light breeze with their laughter. They eased down a little staring into the dark night sky above them. The moon shining bright along with the small specks of stars.

     "You know," Eden started, disrupting the comfortable silence between the two.

     "When I was down there... I dreamed of my father. He was as still horrible as I remember." Eden mumbled, twirling her thumb around each other.

"Then you appeared." She added. "And like that, Alistair King was a thought of the past."

"I've been known to have that affect on people, love. One of my many specialties." Klaus mischievously gave her a smile. Eden slapped his shoulder playfully.

     "How humble of you." Eden sarcastically commented.

They gazed into each others eyes for a moment. The pale beams from the moon illuminating each others face. Eden made a decision that felt right at the moment. She closed the gap between the two, placing her lips on his. Niklaus was taken back, before passionately returning the action gratefully. He entangled his hands with the strands of her hair.

     The night before them melted away as they derived a need for each other, as they kissed. It was weird to believe that the two would ever be romantically involved. Yet now, being in the moment, it felt right more than ever. Eden placed a hand on his cheek before pulling away from him from his eager lips. A sheepish smile on both of their faces.

"And what was that for?" He asked softly, gazing at her eyes.

     "Take it as a token of my gratitude." She responded.

     "You always seem to impress me, love." Klaus wrapped his arm around her shoulders, rubbing her arm gently. Eden leaned onto his shoulder.

     "Now you're just flattering me." Eden spoke, earning a heartfelt laugh from Klaus.

     They sat on the porch that night. Watching the dark nighttime sky, slowly light up to a it's natural bright orange tones. The two basked in each other's presence, feeling the safety and comfort they missed throughout the years.

A/N: THEY KISSED! REPEAT THEY KISSED! god i was scared it be to early but with the 5 year time jump, it seemed reasonable; especially with the new guest ready to arrive, i wasn't sure id be able to fit it in later. anyways i hoped you like this chapter, and be ready for some angst next chapter ;)

—mina <33

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 239 12
TVD SEASON 2 TO TBD KLAUS MIKAELSON X OC
99.9K 2.9K 45
π‹πžπ¨π§π¨π«πš 𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐒𝐬𝐬𝐞, A girl turned weapon, obtaining an insatiable desire of knowledge. Desperate to hold the worlds secrets in the palm of...
175K 5.1K 22
𝑭𝒐𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒀𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔|| ❝For some reason, he was intrigued by her mere presence, and he wanted to know everything about this girl,❞ Or in which K...
44.6K 1.6K 36
Rosalie Salvatore and Klaus Mikaelson left for New Orleans. When her visions and nightmares get worse and then she is faced with the most difficult c...