Gold Blood Eyes ||Mo Dao Zu S...

By Fan_Girl_101_

"You mentioned Lan Zhan," Lan Xichen nodded, expression falling into one of despair, "I've been trying to hel... More

Chapter 1: Visitors
Chapter 2: Xichen's Desperation
Chapter 3: Back Outside
Chapter 4: The Fragrance Hall
Chapter 5: Defence
Chapter 6: Cooperation
Chapter 7: Yunmeng Taverns
Chapter 8: Sight
Chapter 9: Behind Closed Doors
Chapter 10: Accusations
Chapter 11: Twists and Turns
Chapter 12: Little Ghost
Chapter 13: The Heir of YiLing
Chapter 14: Curse Trail
Chapter 15: Candied Killer
Chapter 16: Core of Truths
Chapter 17: To Everything Revealed
Chapter 18: Stitching the Seams
Chapter 19: Love
Chapter 20: Epilogue

Prologue

11.8K 448 146
By Fan_Girl_101_

Lan WangJi clenched his teeth suddenly, stopping his steps and placing a hand over his meridian, where his golden core sat. His brother, who was beside him, turned quickly, reaching out and firmly gripping the younger's shoulders. The usually calm face was panicked, grey amber eyes wide.

"WangJi?"

"Brother," Lan WangJi managed, inhaling deeply and sending his spiritual energy to circulate his body.

"WangJi, are you alright? Perhaps we should head back," Lan Xichen straightened up, eyes running over his younger brother worriedly.

"I'm fine," Lan WangJi nodded, "Come. Sect Leader's are waiting,"

Lan Xichen sighed and nodded. He turned back and the two brothers resumed their stroll through the gray and black buildings, with the head of a beat motif occasionally showing its horns. When arriving at the main hall where the Sect Leader's throne-like chair was kept, the two paused outside the closed doors. Lan Xichen glanced once more at his brother, who gave a firm nod. Getting that answer, Lan Xichen walked forward, two Nie disciples pulling open the doors and announcing, "The GusuLan Sect has arrived!" before receding and closing the doors again.

Inside sat a small group of people. People who had all once known each other only by surnames, but now- were more familiar through the struggles their generation was forced to endure. Inside the room was; from the LanlingJin Sect, Jin ZiXuan, Jin Zixun, Jin Guangyao, and the Sect Leader, Jin Guangshan. From the YunmengJiang Sect was the Sect Leader Jiang Cheng. And from the QingheNie Sect was Nie Huaisang, the planner of a small banquet between gentry families and his older brother and Sect Leader, Nie Mingjue. Jiang Yanli was also supposed to attend, but her son, Jin Ling, had caught a small cold so she stayed behind and urged her husband to go without her.

When their arrival was announced, the heads turned their way, and greetings were overlapped. Lan Xichen and Lan WangJi bowed to everyone to cover all greetings, before sitting down in two empty seats behind Jiang Cheng and Nie Huaisang. The Jin's took the entire left side of the hall and Nie MingJue sat at his throne in the center.

"Since everyone is here now, we can begin to eat!" Nie MingJue declared, before glancing at his brother, "Huaisang,"

Nie Huaisang stood up, "Since each sect has different tastes, we made sure to make dishes with similar tastes for your comfort. For example, Sect Leader Lan, Huanguang Jun, we haven't provided any alcohol and made sure the food was blander without meat,"

Both Lan brother's bowed their heads and Nie Huaisang sat back down as servants brought in food. Once each tray was placed in front of someone, Lan Xichen smiled, "Huaisang, you've already made this banquet amazing by taking food tastes into consideration,"

Lan WangJi couldn't stop himself from adding, "Thank you for not providing any liquor. It's an unfortunate situation if we are encouraged to drink,"

Everyone was slightly startled by the words. For starters, no one dared to approach Lan WangJi, who wore a stale and cold face, with an icy aura that repelled people. Lan Xichen, while much warmer, was a sect leader, and normal disciples didn't approach him either. The only people who did were other sect leaders or close acquaintances, and those people would know that anyone from the GusuLan Sect does not drink. So, there was only one person that everyone in the room could think of when hearing the younger Lan's words. Eyes traveled to Jin ZiXun, who had a displeased expression on his face while glaring at Lan WangJi who ignored him with ease.

It was an unforgettable moment more than two years ago, soon after the end of the Sunshot Campaign. The night hunt competition at Phoenix Mountain had just ended with commotion caused by Jin ZiXun and Wei WuXian. However it had seemed to be resolved and Wei WuXian did not show up on time for the Floral Banquet, so many assumed he wouldn't show.

During the banquet, Jin ZiXun had approached the Twin Jade's and asked them to drink a shot. Lan Xichen, who could use his golden core to get rid of the alcohol, took a sip after the young master's constant and rude prodding. He then moved to Lan WangJi, who sat silent and didn't move to take the cup. Jin ZiXun didn't back down and kept insisting.

It was then the cup had been taken and emptied by Wei WuXian who had suddenly stormed in. It was at this Floral banquet Wei WuXian's demonic powers had put everyone on edge more than usual. Everyone in the hall could clearly hear the enraged and arrogant tone the black and red-robed male had used when demanding the location of the Wen Remnants.

Jiang Cheng cleared his throat and changed to topic quickly, "We can agree that Young Master Nie is thoughtful,"

Murmured agreements rang and the words Lan WangJi had said were brushed aside. Eating began along with the buzz of conversations. Jin ZiXuan smiled across the way towards the violet robed cultivator, "Wanyin, A-Li asked me to check on you,"

Jiang Cheng smiled back, a genuine one. Ever since Jin ZiXuan's marriage to Jiang Yanli, he had changed. Jin ZiXuan had been a bit iffy still in the views of Jiang Yanli's brothers, but...they came to realize he had truly changed. At least, Jiang Cheng did since he spent more time with Jin ZiXuan than his older brother could. So, genuinely, he bowed his head, "ZiXuan can tell my A-Jie, that I am doing well. How is A-Ling?"

Jin ZiXuan smiled, "He's doing wonderful. Mother is already spoiling him,"

"A-Ling deserves to be spoiled," Jin Guangyao chuckled, "Such a sweet child. It's no doubt he'll be talented,"

"Of course! He's a Jin and a Jiang!" Lan Xichen grinned warmly.

"Ah, these past few years have been quite relaxing," Jin Guangshan sighed contentedly.

"That's because there's no one controlling everyone with an iron fist anymore," Nie Huaisang laughed.

"Ah, yes, bringing this topic up," Nie MingJue cleared his throat and everyone felt the atmosphere shift into one of seriousness, "It has been two years since Young Master Wei was last seen. He only has less than a year left and he's been doing dutiful,"

"So Wei WuXian can be accepted with caution," Jin ZiXun snorted, "Sect Leader Jiang can confide him-"

"Excuse me?" Jiang Cheng stepped in, the previous friendliness freezing over, "Why would I do that to my brother? Have you forgotten the deal?"

"The deal is fine," Jin ZiXun clarified, ignoring the emphasize on the word brother, "But we aren't actually going to let those Wen-dog's go,"

"ZiXun, its been proven that everyone with WuXian are simple common folk! Everyone there has no spiritual power, except for medical purposes," Jin ZiXuan frowned at his cousin, stepping up to defend his brother-in-law.

"But the Ghost General is there," Jin ZiXun reminded them standing up to speak to everyone, "And Wei WuXian is sticking to the deal now, but once the time limit ends- then what? What's stopping him? I say, we keep the Wen-dogs hostage to keep the Yiling Patriarch under control,"

"Ridiculous," Lan WangJi's cold tone cut through the air like a sword.

Everyone looked at the younger jade, whose golden eyes were searing into Jin ZiXun, "The deal was set. Three years of no misbehavior, Wei Ying and the innocent Wen's are left alone,"

"Hanguang Jun, they claim they're innocent. But how can we check?" Jin Guangshan proclaimed, "They shouldn't even be alive. Their fate is being prolonged,"

"Sect Leader Jin, they're children and elderly..." Lan Xichen frowned deeply, "Plus- this conversation was discussed already. The Wen's will be left alone after Young Master Wei's test ends,"

"Sect Leader Lan, the GusuLan Sect has always seen the best of people. But may I remind you, it was the Wen's that burned down Cloud Recesses and killed your father," Jin ZiXun spoke with no remorse.

The air turned tense.

Jin ZiXuan scolded, "ZiXun!"

"Second Young Master Jin, was one punishment not enough for you?"

For a few seconds, everyone had completely frozen, shocked by the voice that had spoken up. But then, all eyes snapped towards the golden eyes cultivator dressed in white robes.

"WangJi..." Nie MingJue muttered surprised, looking towards Lan Xichen who seemed just as startled.

Jin ZiXun scowled, "Hanguang Jun, what did you say?"

Lan WangJi's gaze darkened and he stated coldly, "Are you deaf?"

"WangJi!!" Lan Xichen hissed completely unsettled by the development, "WangJi, what are you-"

"Second Young Master Jin, Wei Ying has already been cleared of someone who could cast the hundred hole curse on you," Lan WangJi ignored his brother, his emotions twirling and fighting to crack through the neutral expression. The neutral expression that wore a clear streak of hostility, "And may I remind you, that I am in possession of the signed scrolls with the agreement on it. If you want to kill the Wen's- if you try to kill the Wen's, what do you think you'll cause Wei Ying to do? He's been impatient since he was young, with set principles to protect those who cannot protect themselves. Those Wen's saved his life before. It's normal for him to return that kindness and protect them,"

It was the most anyone in the room, other than Lan Xichen, had heard Lan WangJi speak. Jin ZiXun stared at Lan WangJi with a bewildered expression. He then exclaimed in anger, "You- If it weren't him who else would dare to curse me?"

Something dark made its way around Lan WangJi's head and he stood up slowly. With elegant strides that almost made it seem like he was floating, he walked around to the center of the room, until he was a few steps away from Jin ZiXun. Lan Xichen had also stood up, worried about what was going on. Jin ZiXun stared at Lan WangJi with a slight knit in his brows.

Lan WangJi's voice boomed, "Me,"

There was a beat of confusion.

"You....what?" Jin Guangshan asked slowly.

Lan WangJi's eyes didn't stray from Jin ZiXun, even as he spoke, "Second Young Master Jin just asked, if Wei Ying didn't curse him, who else would dare to curse him,"

He then slightly tilted his head, a cold glint escaping and a small, almost unnoticeable smirk curved at the edge of his lips, "So I answered someone who would. Me,"

Everyone was suddenly on their feet from shock and on alert with the confession. Lan WangJi took no mind and added, voice remaining completely calm, but the threat was evident, "If I knew how to curse, I'd curse him. I'm sure a lot of people would,"

Lan Xichen suddenly had an epiphany and he rushed forward grabbing his brother by the arm, "WangJi, do you realize what's going on right now? Why are you so angry? Come, let's go to our room, I'll play Cleansing for you," He turned to Jin ZiXun, who was staring at Lan WangJi with a red face, "Second young master Jin, WangJi had an accident on a night hunt not too long back. He sometimes gets like this. I apologize f-

"Don't apologize," Lan WangJi replied coldly and pushed his brother off, his gold eyes fixing on Jin ZiXun's brown ones, "I don't apologize. Jin ZiXun, if I hadn't been there that day, do you realize what damage you would've caused? Do you realize that even if Wei Ying didn't have Wen Ning there, you would've lost?"

"I wasn't alone!" Jin ZiXun defended himself, knowing well what was being spoken about.

It was the day of Jin Ling's one month banquet, Jin ZiXuan had invited Wei WuXian as he stated Wei WuXian was his brother in law and his wife's younger brother. Jin ZiXun had taken the chance to ambush Wei WuXian at Qiongqi Road, under the thought Wei WuXian had cursed him. It wasn't a split decision either, it was planned as Jin ZiXun had cleared all the corpses in the path, so Wei WuXian was defenceless. Lan WangJi had gone to Wei WuXian to inform him of the agreement and escort him so no minor sects would try anything. He had not expected Jin's to act. But they had and Wei WuXian almost had been forced to use Wen Ning as his only defence, until Lan WangJi stepped in front of him. After a bit of arguing and yelling and Lan WangJi keeping Wen Ning and Wei WuXian firmly behind him, safe, Jin ZiXuan descended. Seeing the stand off, he relaxed, before turning on his cousin and ordering all the bow and arrows down. There was hesitance but Jin ZiXuan seethed and roared with an anger unseen before, which made all the Jin's obey. Jin ZiXun lowered down to his cousin and complained, pointing and accusing. He kept accusing, he kept insulting, and Jin ZiXuan had gone as far as slapping his cousin to make it stop. A conversation had occurred, Lan WangJi silencing Jin ZiXun, and after an agreement, Wei WuXian told Wen Ning to return to the Burial Mounds and activate some defence wards, while Wei WuXian headed to Lanling with Jin ZiXuan and Lan WangJi. Jin ZiXun's claims of the curse had been proven wrong as there was evidence that Wei WuXian hadn't left Yiling and that Jin ZiXun had gotten the curse after Wei WuXian had already taken the Wens.

Anyway, Jin ZiXuan had punished his cousin, ignoring his Father's decision. He took it upon himself and he had seen the way his Mother stood to the side proud, but also slightly frowning at him. Jin ZiXuan had scolded his cousin and punished him to apologize to Wei WuXian at the beginning of the banquet, humiliation at its finest. So Jin ZiXun would never forget the entire ordeal. He would never forget it.

"It doesn't matter if you were alone or not! You're useless!" Lan WangJi spit coldly, "I don't care if you're a Sect Leader. If anyone has a heart and mind like you, they're useless. They don't deserve the wealth and position they have,"

"Hanguang Jun, stand down!" Jin Guangshan ordered, "Why are you getting so worked up over some Wen-dog's?"

"Dog's?" Lan WangJi repeated breathlessly, stepping back unevenly and releasing a small grunt as he grabbed the side of his head.

"WangJi, stop this! WangJi!! Stop! You need to circulate your spiritual energy!" Lan Xichen panicked, his calm expression gone to the wind and fear shining in his grey colored eyes.

Lan WangJi didn't hear him, turning to Jin Guangshan before glancing at everyone in the room. He inhaled, before exhaling and mocking, "Because they're Wen's, they should die...right?"

"Every Wen has blood on their hands," Jin Guangshan nodded and Jin ZiXuan, made a mental note to speak to his Mother about taking more power away from his Father.

Lan WangJi looked at the Sect Leader, expression turning dangerously cold. He seethed, "Okay. If our surnames define us. If our sect leader is responsible for the representation of every person in the Sect, then Sect Leader Jin, do tell me. How many illegitimate grandsons do you want to have? Young Master Jin ZiXuan is married, isn't he? Shall we rope him in as a bastard like you?"

The room stilled and Jin ZiXuan's face turned green at the very idea. Jiang Cheng rushed to his brother-in-law, gripping the male to ground him. Jin GuangYao stilled, his smile faltering and disbelief and a glint of coldness resonated in his eyes. Jin Guangshan stared at Lan WangJi with no words to throw back. His reputation was wild, but no one ever dared to outright mention it! Especially in such a way.

"Why do Hanguang Jun's eyes look different?" Nie Huaisang squeaked in a panic, as everyone else was half-dazed from the words and slander the esteemed Hanguang Jun was spitting.

"They're....they're red..." Jiang Cheng stepped backward and looked to Lan Xichen who paled, "Sect Leader Lan, what's going on?"

Lan WangJi suddenly gasped in pain, gripping his head with both hands, eyes flickering between blood red and sparkling gold. Nie MingJue summoned Baxia in his hand ordering, "Xichen, use your Xiao and play some s- what the hell?"

Lan WangJi had turned around after Baxia was drawn, staring at the saber with a pained gaze. He then let out a suppressed grunt, eyes turning a light red. Baxia began to shake violently until a black trail of smoke rose from the saber and surged towards Lan WangJi, who went silent, hand's dropping from his head. His eyes began to become darker and darker, as if the gold was bleeding out. The red was terrifying.

Lan Xichen rushed forward, reaching towards his brother, but gasped and flinched back as the black smoke tried to harm him. Jin Guangyao broke the silence, "Th- This is- resentment energy?!"

"Da-Ge!" Lan Xichen spoke with a pleading tone, "Sheath Baxia! Sheathe it!"

Nie MingJue did as told, the trail of black smoke stopping once the saber was sheathed, the last of it joining it as it hugged Lan WangJi. Lan WangJi's eyes closed and his head hung a bit, as the resentment curled around the pristine robes of white. Jin ZiXun exclaimed in horror, "It must be Wei WuXian! He must have cursed Hanguang J-"

The resentment surged into Lan WangJi, who opened his eyes. They were back to their normal gold, but they were different, colder, sharper...meaner. His snow skin seemed paler, the indifferent face seemed colder. Lan WangJi turned towards Jin ZiXun exhaling shakily, "Wei Ying? He can't touch me,"

"WangJi...the resentment energy-"

"Doesn't hurt anymore," Lan WangJi looked at his brother slowly, before glancing down at his hands, gently flexing his fingers and making a fist. His lip twitched into a small smile, but it was in no way kind, "It's...fine,"

"What?" Nie Huaisang choked, "You- what?!"

Lan WangJi scoffed, "Is everyone here deaf?"

"Hanguang Jun...your temperate, your body..." Jiang Cheng tried, knowing just how much the jade worried for Wei WuXian when it came to the effects of resentment, "You told WuXian the same warning..."

"He's fine, isn't he?" Lan WangJi challenged.

"WangJi stop this nonsense. This isn't you, it's the resentment. You've tried resisting it for so long and it's already affected your mind," Lan Xichen tried again, not wanting to succumb to attacking his own brother.

"Why? Because you'll want to kill me too?" Lan WangJi smirked and then stepped forward, "No one in this room can beat me,"

"Look at this, it has to be Wei WuXian," Jin ZiXun glowered, "He's arrogant-"

Lan WangJi unsheathed Bichen and the end of the blade was at Jin Zixun's throat. In an instant, swords were being unsheathed, except for Baxia and Shuoyue.

Lan Xichen gripped his sword's hilt which a shaky grip. He begged softly, "WangJi-

"Wei WuXian...did nothing," Lan WangJi almost growled, glaring amber at Jin ZiXun, whose body had turned as stiff as a board, "You...you keep causing trouble,"

"Hanguang Jun, calm down. ZiXun spoke without thinking," Jin Guangyao recovered and gave a calm smile, walking to stand beside Jin ZiXun, "Please, place the blade down,"

Lan WangJi glanced at Jin Guangyao and then back at Jin ZiXun. He lowered the blade slightly, watching as everyone in the room relaxed. Jin ZiXun let out a breath of relief, before stiffening up when Lan WangJi pressed the flat side of the sword against his cheek. Lan WangJi gave a warning glare, "Second Young Master Jin should think before he speaks,"

Bichen returned to its sheath slowly, the sliding of metal echoing in the room.

Lan WangJi turned slowly, surveying the room and silver blades of swords. He looked towards his brother and then at Nie MingJue. Lan WangJi gave a small bow, before leaving the hall with long strides, sending one last look towards Jin ZiXun.

——————————

My mental health break from the other three still remains, I will not be able to work on those or get out a chapter anytime soon, as much as i hate it. But I really am grateful for all the love and support. This is an old idea and book I only recently just finished. I worked on this book when I had writer's block for the others. It's much shorter, but it's nice.

Keep smiling my loves, you're beautiful just the way you are.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

150K 6.4K 39
"Please give me another chance to prove myself to you, I promise I won't waste this chance only if you let me" said Lan Zhan What if during the even...
40.9K 1.4K 6
(A/N: I wrote this first in Tagalog and supposed to be just a quote, but... 😂😂😂 MY most-awaited XiCheng angst fanfic! 😂😂😂) Summary: The cultiva...
217K 10.2K 40
"Being friend is nice. But being yours sounds better." I couldn't stand the Yunmeng brothers being nothing but strangers. So, in this story we'll see...
346K 22.8K 115
Arranged marriage. "Sect Leader Jiang, as you know our customs well, when a Lan ties their sacred ribbon on someone they are bound forever. And now...