Coldest Nights (BakuDeku)

By KatsukisBlanket

Throughout the years, Deku and Kacchan's relationship has been known to be troublesome. Yet, nobody understan... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Presentation
Chapter 2: A Fever As an Excuse
Chapter 3: Preparation
Chapter 5: Partnered
Chapter 6: Coldest Nights
Chapter 7: About What Happened
Chapter 8: Trapped
Chapter 9: Secret

Chapter 4: We're Here!

552 13 3
By KatsukisBlanket

"Uraraka, may I use your toothpaste?" Tsu nicely asked the zero-gravity girl at her left. "Sure, Tsu!" She, with no hesitation, took the toothpaste and gave it to Tsu, who was holding a toothbrush.

Half of the class had left their rooms and went ahead to start their day. The other half were in their rooms, preparing their bags, suitcases, backpacks, or anything else that worked as a storage for their trip. Some of the students refused to go because they wanted to finish their homework or the essay. Most were looking forward to it, except someone who had been informed very late about it, considering the fact that he returned back to the dorms late at night. Bakugo, despite of not wanting to go to another trip, decided to go anyways for a chance to improve and strengthen his quirk. Since there was very little information about the location and the purpose of the trip, everybody was interested on knowing more about it.

"Excuse me-oh, sorry!" Deku stuttered between stomps as he carried a stack of numerous irregular-colored towels. "Good morning, Midoriya!" Kirishima automatically said as he exited his bedroom. "Hey, Kirishi-AH!" Deku slipped and fell flat with his face on his floor. He had missed a mat from close view when he turned to greet Kirishima. He let the towels fall too and unfortunately made them unorganized as they laid on the floor. Luckily, the hallways were very clean, and were recently mopped.

"Ah! I'm sorry, Midoriya. It was my fault that I made you fall." Kirshima, ashamed, thought as he brought a hand for Deku to stand up. "Oh no, it's fine Kirishima. I wasn't looking in front. Besides, shouldn't a mat make me slip like that?" Deku clarified as he held Kirishima's hand to push himself up. "I know. Guess we should get another one." Kirishima concluded as he and Deku picked up the towels from the floor.

"You just have to be Deku, don't you?" Bakugo mocked from the doorway of the bathroom, as he washed his teeth and looked at Deku on the floor. "I didn't intend it to happen, Kacchan." With sad eyes, Deku replied looking at the floor, feeling culpable. "You had one job: to bring us the towels to the bathroom; and you failed?" Bakugo kept taunting, as he took off the left leg that he placed on the wall and began walking towards him. "Bakugo, don't start fighting in the morning already. It was an accident." Kirishima defended Deku as he stood up with a few towels. Bakugo crouched to get one single towel, probably for himself, and turned to the bathroom entrance. Deku switched his head and looked at Kacchan from behind, with eyes that seemed like poison, but that covered his true emotions.

"Let me help!" Ojiro said from far away after exiting his room and seeing the scene.

Class 1-A had already prepared themselves for the trip, well, the ones who were going. Those who weren't were Sato, Koda, Ojiro, Tokoyami, and Shoji. The class already changed to their uniforms and had their bags. Everybody stood near the entrance of the dormitory, inside, almost leaving. "Let's see. Is everybody is here?" Yaoyorozu asked with a hand up. Nobody answered so Iida decided to count the accumulated group in front of them. "One, two, three, seven, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen! We are all here!" Iida finished. Yaoyorozu reminded her students: "Perfect. Let's all head to class for Aizawa to give us clearer instructions!"

...

"Good Morning, Class." Aizawa said with his usual sleepy state and with papers on his hands. "Please sit down and wait as I prepare myself," he continued. After a while of the students sitting down, Aizawa went up to Bakugo's seat as the class started conversing with each other. He then gave Bakugo papers for him to pass back the column. Bakugo took the papers with his left arm because he had his right hand below his cheeks, sleepy too. Aizawa went back in front and looked in his bag for a few minutes. Deku had being deeply thinking about the trip. After meeting the Pusycats, he enjoyed the experience of going pass various and challenging obstacles through the forest. However, he is sure that this trip was going to be different because it excluded them. He was playing with his hands as he thought about the exercises he was going to train. As the background faded in, all of the students talked about a number of things related to this trip.

"Psst! Midoriya!" Mineta silently called from behind Midoriya's seat. For some reason he whispered when everybody was talking. Midoriya twisted his body to face Mineta and ask about his sudden action. "What is it, Mineta?" Midoriya asked as he was concerned. "Can you tell Bakugo to pass the papers that Aizawa gave him?" Mineta directly pleased. "Oh," Midoriya simply expressed as he turned in front slowly to look at Bakugo's back.

'Why didn't Kacchan pass them behind?' Deku thought. He stood up to check on him, since nobody else noticed that Bakugo wasn't moving but breathing. Deku approached him and looked at the side of his face. And there he was: sleeping. He had fallen asleep with his right hand under his cheeks and the papers below his left. Deku didn't know, but Bakugo had probably fallen asleep for going back to the dorms late at night. As it is known, he left after his emotions conquered him, Deku being the main reason.

Despite his personality and his brusque behavior, Kacchan slept peacefully and unbothered. His breathing was fine and not quick rather calming. Deku brought up his hands up to his own mouth to mask his gasp and surprised face. He couldn't help but noticeably blush at Kacchan sleeping. His reason was simply because it was rare for Kacchan to let down his guard and be so submissive to sleep. Or maybe it was because it was cute. Either way, Deku sweared in his mind that there were no other reasons for it.

Deku went to the other side of the chair to seize the papers that Kacchan kept captive under his hands. Though, it was quite hard to do so without waking him up. He didn't know if Kacchan was a light or heavy sleeper. But if he did, the information would be useful enough for him to use it in this occasion. Anyways, Deku overthought whether to quickly take the papers or to slowly take them away. Any choice that he made would probably wake Kacchan up.

'I can't be standing here all day. All of my classmates will stare at me if I do so,' Deku worriedly thought. He tried to muster the courage of getting passed this situation already. It was stupid, and Mineta and the rest of his classmates were waiting for the papers to be given. Deku grabbed the side of Kacchan's hand with his index finger and his thumb. As he slowly brought Kacchan's hand up, he started to shake intensely. Each second Deku looked up to see if Kacchan had woken up or was about to.

He neared his right hand up to the papers, after holding the hands in the air, and shoved them aside with his index finger. After that, he lowered Kacchan's hand at the same speed and delicately returned them on the desk. "Oof," Deku sighed and with the back of his hand he cleaned his sweaty forehead. Deku took the papers and was relieved that Kacchan didn't wake up.

"Here, Mineta," Deku contently said as he approached his body. "Why did it take so long? Oh? And why are you happy? Mineta asked very confused but fortunately not intrigued. "Oh, heh, it's nothing. Don't mind me." Deku silently chuckled and handled Mineta the papers as he took one for himself. Mineta took it with a temporary confusion. After that, Deku turned back to his chair and sat down comfortably.

...

Aizawa explained where the trip was located. However, he insisted on explaining the rules, the purpose, and the schedule once the class arrived at the forest. The students were currently in a typical blue school bus heading to the astonishing place. And of course, the bus was filled with people endlessly talking about anything and everything. Bakugo was awake this time after being told what happened by his friend Kirishima. Kirishima had only said what he believed, but he didn't intend to go agaisnt Midoryia for any purpose. He had told Bakugo that he was taking to Sero until he saw Midoriya stand up and approach Bakugo. He caught a sight of this, but he went back to talk to Sero. Although, he said that when he turned to look again he saw Midoriya touch his hand as he struggled.

Because he didn't saw when Midoriya took the papers, he assumed that he took advantage of the situation to grab Bakugo's hand. Kirishima told Bakugo about it when they entered the bus. After hearing that, Bakugo was mad as hell, though he firstly reacted with a shocked and disgusted face. He literally planned to murder him in the forest when no one was around. Just when he wished for Deku to be gone from his life, he found himself planning to see his punchable face. This was only because he wantes to kill him.

Now, Bakugo randomly got chosen to sit with Aoyama, so he had zero intentions to look or even less talk. He stared outside the window, looking at the road go by and the trees pass, similar to Deku. Unlike him, Deku didn't think about anything else after what happened. He only overthought during the situation since there was nothing to worry about before. Unfortunately, Deku didn't know that someone got a glimpse of his actions and assumed many things. "You seem troubled, Bakugo." Someone said. "Hah?!" Bakugo, confused, replied to himself as he desperately searched for the source of the voice. He looked at the left and looked at the seat next to his. It was Todoroki. "Shut up! It's none of your business, Icy-hot." Bakugo vilely said back. Todoroki didn't say anything since there was nothing else to say. Including, he wasn't interested on hearing any more of Bakugo's insults.

...

After a thankfully two hour ride, the students arrived. The doors of the bus opened, allowing Jirou and Kaminari exit before anyone else. They talk about the training sessions and Jirou is constantly getting slightly annoyed or flustered. Ashido left after them, along with Uraraka who was into the trip just like everyone else. With her hands on her chest, formed into punches, with a happy face. Asui then exits along with Mineta behind her. With her back bended and with her tongue out, she slowly walks. Aizawa exits alongside Iida and Yaoyorozu, with Iida assuring him that they would have an excellent time.

After them, Bakugo exits with Kirishima and his right arm around his shoulders. Seemingly, Bakugo is not paying attention to what Kirishima has to say about the things he was going to do during the trip. With his hand on his hips, Aoyama leaves the school bus to follow his friends and with Hagakure at his side, excited. Lastly, the three boys named Todoroki, Midoriya, and Sero exit to follow the crowd that was being formed. Anyways, all of this happened at the same time. People exited the bus continuously, with no hesitation, so the scene didn't last for too long.

Everybody was excited, but nobody will expect the events that will suddenly come.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

256K 7.2K 20
*warning (kind of) they live in dorms. Also, there's smut and lemon. Bakugou and Midoriya finally pour out their true feelings for each other and sta...
1M 36.8K 47
(l/n) (y/n), a very hostile girl whom despised everyone and everyone despised her. izuku midoriya, a very sweet boy who was popular with his classmat...
34.5K 1.4K 20
"Allow me to swear myself to your side for as long as you may live. Until death, I am wholly and completely yours." A guard of the royal Midoriya fa...
82.1K 2.1K 13
Requested + Completed. I don't support this ship anymore This is a Dabi x Deku story. This happened during forest training camp, except, there's a li...