A Product of War [Hetalia]

By ChillyMillie13

Three rounds of violence and war had begun wearing down on the nations of the world. Tensions are high, and a... More

Prologue
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.

Chapter 10.

124 5 1
By ChillyMillie13

Two Months Later
Ludwig was asked to come to Parliament for some urgent news.

So there he was, nervously tapping his foot. He had been feeling much more anxious and tense for the past three months since he'd last seen Feliciano. He didn't know why. Maybe it was because he didn't know where he went all of a sudden?

Like he was afraid of, the loneliness he had tried to avoid caught up to him. He had trouble focusing on work, sleeping, and occasionally forgot to eat, just trying to find a way to distract himself from how he was feeling.

Ludwig heard his name called down the hall, and suddenly he was pulled off of the chair and crushed in a hug from Gilbert.

Prussia🇩🇪: Güten Tag, West!

Ludwig blinked before beaming and hugging his brother back.

Germany🇩🇪: Did you get out safely?

Gilbert snorted and waved dismissively.

Prussia🇩🇪: Please, Vladimir was trying to get me out of there as soon as possible. Apparently we didn't even need the plan, he just couldn't stand me being around anymore with me pestering him all the time!

Ludwig laughed.

Germany🇩🇪: Well, in that case why did we even come up with such an elaborate plan? I should have known you'd do all the work yourself.

Germany glanced over to Matthew and smiled gratefully.

Germany🇩🇪: Still, danke Schön, Canada... thank you so much for what you did...

Matthew blushed and smiled back.

Canada🇨🇦: B—Bitte Schön, Ludwig...

Ludwig blinked, not expecting Matthew to know much german. But he smiled again and nodded.

Arthur smiled at Matthew and patted him on the back.

Britain🇬🇧: You did great, Matthew. I hope you know how much you did for them.

Matthew blushed a bit and nodded.

Canada🇨🇦: I do... thank you.

Suddenly Matthew flinched and looked down. Trying not to shake from the sudden kick.

Britain turned back to Matthew with a concerned expression.

Britain🇬🇧: Matthew? Are you alright?

Matthew nodded.

Canada🇨🇦: Yeah... just a cramp...

Arthur looked down, and spoke again.

Britain🇬🇧: Matthew, you... know I'm willing to help you if you're in trouble or going through something, right?

Matthew nodded.

Canada🇨🇦: Yeah, I'm... really tired... I think I'm going to take a nap...

Britain didn't protest.

Britain🇬🇧: Alright, let me know if you need anything...

Matthew nodded and went to his room when the same pain came over him again. Then he went pale when he realized it wasn't a kick.

As quickly as he could, Matthew alerted his other family members. Then without being noticed, Emrys helped Matthew over to Sealand while Seamus got Peter, and Alastor called Ivan to tell him what was happening.
Meanwhile
Prussia🇩🇪: So, what did I miss while I was gone, West? How's Feliciano?

Ludwig looked down, feeling that same burning soreness in his throat and chest.

Germany🇩🇪: Actually, F—Italy and I broke up a while ago...

Prussia🇩🇪: What?! What happened?!

Ludwig shrugged.

Germany🇩🇪: We simply weren't working out. Feli and I weren't communicating with each other anymore. Feli acted like a completely different person. It just didn't work anymore. Why did you think something had to happen?

Gilbert shrugged.

Prussia🇩🇪: Eh... Ich weiß nicht... You both got along so well before... you both really loved each other. And, I'll admit, I was a bit jealous at first...

Ludwig raised an eyebrow.

Germany🇩🇪: What?

Prussia🇩🇪: Uh, it's not like I had feelings for Feliciano, but, wow. A part of me felt envious for you being so openly loved by your partner. Feliciano was so caring towards you, he was really patient with you to be quite frank. I dunno... he kinda seemed like a great person to have a romantic relationship with. I guess a part of me was jealous that you found a great partner like that so easily...

Ludwig paused.

Germany🇩🇪: Feli? Then maybe, and maybe even now if someone is fine with a distant partner. But, before we both expressed how we felt to one another, and then he suddenly started saying that emotions meant that you were weak. So it eventually got to the point where we weren't talking at all. And two months later, the only time I heard him say he loved me was when he broke up with me...

Gilbert tilted his head.

Prussia🇩🇪: How else has he acted differently? Do you know what caused it?

Ludwig shook his head.

Germany🇩🇪: That's what I tried to figure out. I know I must have done something. I figured it was because I vented my emotions so much, so I stopped doing that, but it didn't help... I thought he needed space, so I gave it to him, but it changed nothing... we barely spoke to one another...

Ludwig continued.

Germany🇩🇪: As for how else he acted. He got more insecure, which worried me, but then he stopped showing his emotions. Once we got into a fight over something silly, and he just cursed at me for a few minutes. Then I tried giving him some space. I don't know, he started getting sick as well... but he wouldn't let me in on what was wrong.

Gilbert blinked.

Prussia🇩🇪: Did you knock Feli up and then break up with him?

Ludwig was caught off guard by that.

Germany🇩🇪: What do you mean?

Prussia🇩🇪: West, those are symptoms of him having a kid. Did you not believe him because he is a man?

Ludwig's eyes were wide, and he stared at the ground.

Germany🇩🇪: I didn't think it was possible for that to happen. Has this happened before? Or are you just guessing?

Prussia🇩🇪: Well, Francis had America and Canada. But he only told Antonio and I. I don't blame you for not knowing about that. And, correct me if I'm wrong... Canada might be having a kid, too. Or, hell, Sealand is probably Arthur's kid or something. Biologically at least.

Ludwig was in shock from this information, how did he not know this was possible? How did that relate to him and Feli...?

Ludwig's heart sank realizing. He looked up at Gilbert.

Germany🇩🇪: Gilbert...?

Gilbert tilted his head, knowing something was up with his older brother.

Prussia🇩🇪: Ja? What is it?

Ludwig let out a shakey breath.

Germany🇩🇪: I... I think I messed up... big time...

Gilbert raised an eyebrow.

Prussia🇩🇪: So that is what happened with Feli?

Ludwig sighed, putting his head in his hands.

Germany🇩🇪: I think so...

Ludwig thought back to other moments in their relationship. Remembering how he was able to get through the other difficulties in his life because Feli was so accommodating and patient with him. Part of what made him feel better about who he was was Feli telling him how much he loved him on a regular basis.

No wonder he felt so hurt for those two months. He had done something to make Feli not want to be near him anymore. Clearly it was major enough to make him think Ludwig was unfit to be a parent. Gilbert was right, Feli was an amazing partner. Ludwig was lucky to have Feliciano as his boyfriend. But he already knew he was lucky to have him, so what did he do...? What did he mess up on...?

He always knew why he compared everyone the other nations suggested he date to Feliciano. He had refused to date again, partially because he didn't like the idea of moving on so quickly, and because he noticed some of the issues with the other nations.

All of the people they suggested were strong, but some of them hated vulnerability, some of them were only interested in the relationship because it made them look more intimidating to others.

Feli had confessed his love to him without initially wanting to. He thought that he didn't deserve Ludwig, but when he found out that the feelings were mutual, he was more emotionally available than anyone Ludwig knew. Ludwig never wanted a strong partner, he wanted somebody who loved him.

Germany🇩🇪: Gilbert, can you help me figure out what I did so I can make it up to Feliciano?
Meanwhile
It took much longer for Ivan to get to Sealand than any of the group hoped. But it wasn't like they expected him sneaking out of Moscow to be easy.

When Ivan did get there, he was immediately met with hearing Matthew crying out in pain. Peter stayed outside with Seamus and Emrys so he couldn't be traumatized by what was going on.

Russia🇷🇺: Matthew! I'm here!

Everyone was relieved to see that Ivan made it okay, and Ivan was next to Matthew the rest of the time.

TRANSLATION:

German (Deusch):
Güten Tag—Good day
Danke Schön—Thank you
Bitte Schön—You're welcome
Ich weiß nicht—I don't know

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 297 25
(School AU) (Y/n) (L/n) is a very smart young lady. She always gets good marks on her quizzes and tests. She's nice to everyone and tries to stay pos...
759 65 16
A young woman with a dark past has forgotten everything but how to talk. She can't remember her name, her home, or her family. What happens when she...
4.6K 491 200
This is gonna be crack like and random stuff. I'll probably do some role play with characters. This was when I was a new Hetalia weeb, forgive my gra...
289K 8.6K 28
Alfred, who has been told to shut up and grow up all his life, fears the scary and powerful Ivan. But to prove he is strong and to protect his friend...