Meant To Be || KTH

By YoonminSlaysus

[ COMPLETED ] ' I chose him over everyone else.' And ' She left me like we were never meant to be together.'... More

Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Epilogue

Chapter 28

582 37 8
By YoonminSlaysus

MIA'S P.O.V.

" I ruined everything."

" I'm so sorry."

" The custody is going to Tiara's father, Mr Kim Taehyung."

" How irresponsible of her !"

" Let's see how far this marriage goes."

I woke up with a jolt and held onto the first thing I saw or felt. He woke up in this process. 

" Huh? Are you okay ?" I didn't reply but held onto his arm that was wrapped around me.

" You had a bad dream? It's okay." He pulled me closer as he kissed me on the forehead. " I'm right here. Everything is fine. It's fine." He assured me as I snuggled in. He slowly pats my head as I closed my eyes and listen to his heartbeat, feeling a bit better and safe in his arms. 

A little while later, my eyes flutter open to the sunshine coming in through the window and the sound of the sea.  Sung-Jae was sleeping on his stomach with his arms and legs stretched beside me. I smiled to myself as I tucked him in a blanket. I went over to the bathroom to brush my teeth and do my daily morning skincare routine. 

" Mom! Mom !" I heard Namiko calling me as she rushed inside after opening the door.

" I'm here, Nami." I stepped out of the bathroom.

" Mom! Look! I picked some shells with Dad." She showed me all the shells she collected.

" Woah! Let me see." I leaned in to look at them.

" I like this one!" she pointed at the spiral shell.

" I like this one." I answered. 

" I'm gonna paint all of these and decorate it in our fish tank where Tibby and Geneva lives." she jumped in excitement.

" I bet they will love it !"  I said, kissing her on forehead.

'She is still child by heart.' I thought, bringing a smile on my face.

" Sung-Jae, look what I got !" she rushed over to her then awake brother. 

They both laid on their stomach and examined the shells closely. I smiled to myself as I watched them bond over shells. A hand rested on my shoulder as I looked over to him, standing next to me. I smiled at him as he kissed me on forehead. I rested my head on his shoulder. This was peace. The one I have been looking for. 

" Okay, Kids! Get ready! I found a perfect place for breakfast so who's hungry ?" he cheered.

" MEEEEE!!!!!" Namiko and Sung-Jae cheered in unison. 

It was that time of the year, where we, as a family would randomly choose a place to have our holidays. We have been doing it for six consecutive years and over time, the bonding seems to get better and better. With our children growing right in front of our eyes to making memories and staying happy. This time, our destination was Hawaii. Kids loved travelling around and exploring different cultures. It was our plan to exposing them to various cultures so they grew up respecting them in all ways. 

" What is this place? It seems to be pretty famous among foreigners." I asked looking around at the people who filled in every inch of that open local resto-bar.

" Yeah. It's famous here." he answered.

He had already booked a table for us so it was easy to get a spot. We sat down to have our breakfast. The kids were happy and we had a good time. We had almost finished our food when the performers appeared to showcase their welcome dance. Everyone hooted and cheered along with him.

" Let's get it !" He screamed in excitement.

" Shhhh !" I shushed him " Don't scream so much, Jungkook." 

" What? You are not stopping the kids then why me ?" He pouted.

I can't with him somedays. I can do nothing in front of his pout. He looks up with a pout and big doe eyes. All I can do is smile away, knowing that I have lost it to his cuteness. I stood up to go over to the washroom while the crowd continued to cheer. I did some touch-ups for the makeup and stared back at the reflection in the mirror. I saw a stronger Mia. Things have changed so much. Time has changed. I, no longer feel weak from within or pity myself for being in a terrible state. I went through tough times only to get the best things in the world. I smiled at my stronger self. 

I walked back to our seat when a server bumped into me and spilt the drink on my dress. He apologized a lot of times but I already told him that it was fine. I decided to walk back to the washroom but bumped into Jungkook who held Sung-Jae in his arms. 

" I was looking for you." He told me but before I could answer him. He asked me another question. " What is this ?" referring to the soaked dress.

" Nothing. I just bumped into server and he spilt coconut water." I answered, looking at my dress.

" Oh god! Come over here." He held my hand and took me over to the counter nearby that was selling fresh juices. 

" Excuse me. Can I get some tissues ?" Jungkook asked.

" It's fine, Jungkook." I told him as he made Sung-Jae sit on a chair next to him as he tried to clean whatever was already soaked in my dress.

" Everything is fine for you because you compromise too much." He said drawing closer so nobody could peek, hiding me in front of his lean muscular body. Sometimes, he gets protective. I gazed at hi as a smile crept on my face.

" Where is Nami ?" I asked, looking around for her.

" I am here, Mom !" Namiko said running over to us. " I stayed there a bit to watch the dance."

" It's fine. I will go and change into a new pair of clothes. " I told Jungkook who still tried to clean.

" Wait! I also have to get my sunglasses." Namiko remembered.

" Let's go to the beach !" Sung-Jae jumped at the sight of the beach from the back of the restaurant. 

I chuckled to myself. Our family is a bit chaotic sometimes and it shows very clearly. Jungkook decided to take Sung-Jae to the beach because he kept insisting. I and Nami walked back to the hotel room together. The afternoon went by, playing and relaxing in the shade. We were back by the early evening. I sat on the bed, reading the magazine when Jungkook jumps on the bed, making it bounce a bit.

" Mia, what are you doing ?" he asked cutely.

" Reading the magazine," I replied, not taking my eyes off the magazine.

" You know, what's more interesting to read ?" he asked.

" What ?"

" Me." he smirked flirtatiously but I broke into a big hearty laughter. I rolled on the bed because his expression made it so much more funnier. I don't know why I always find his cheesy lines much more funnier than any comedy shows on T.V.

" What? Stop laughing !" he whined.

" Girls in my college used to be flattered by my one stare." he said proudly and I stopped laughing at that very moment. I frowned at him and was about to get off the bed when he pulled me towards him. 

" Where are you going ?" he asked, resting his hands on my waist.

" Why do you care ?" I taunted.

" I do care about you. So how about you stop reading that boring magazine and spend some time with me ?"

" I can guarantee I'm more interesting than that magazine." He grinned as he leaned in to kiss me but it was interrupted by knocking on the door.

" Argh !" Jungkook pulled his hair as I got off from above him. He rolled on the bed in frustration. " Let me just- argh! Who is it !?" he fumed.

" Dad, open the door !" Nami knocked on the door.

" Oh! Coming, baby !" He rushed over to open the door.

" What is up ?" he asked as he let the two kids come inside. Sung-Jae lies down next to me.

" I wanna go here!" Namiko held out a flyer.

" Where did you get this from ?" Jungkook asked taking it from her.

" I did from somehow but please, can we go there? It has souvenirs and Mina told me to get some for her."

" Who is Mina ?" He questioned with a confused look.

" Dad ! " Nami puffed her cheeks in disappointment.

" Her best friend, Jungkook." I reminded him as I sat up.

" Oh! I remember." He nodded.

" Can we ?" Nami changed her expression and looked at her dad with all the stars to pursue him to visit the place.

" Yeah sure but we will go tomorrow. For now, you both go to your room." He said picking up Sung-Jae on his shoulder who giggled as he led Nami out of the room

" Wait! Why are you in  hurry to send us back to our room ?"  she protested, stopping in the track.

Nami looked at Jungkook, he looked at me and I shrugged . " Why ?" I asked taking the side of my daughter.

" Ha !" He let out a sarcastic chuckle. " I don't mind. Stay here. I don't mind." He placed Sung-Jae back on the bed. " Sleep here if you want. I don't mind." 

" Are you okay, Dad ?" Name asked and I busted out in another laughter.

Poor Jungkook.

The next morning, the kids were excited about the mall that they wanted to visit.  They woke us up and made us rush with things so we could reach sooner but we still at did everything at our normal pace. Soon, we reached the mall and Nami dragged Jungkook inside by his hand as she couldn't contain her excitement. I walked slowly as I carried Sung- Jae in my arms.  We both were just happy in each other company and looked around at the shops whereas Nami and Jungkook waited at a distance.

" Mom! Come here! " she waved at us.

" Coming !" I answered.

Sung-Jae got excited and wanted to run to his sister so I let him as I walk over to the rest of the family. The kids were getting impatient for sure. The Nami led us to the elevator. 

" Let's take stairs." Jungkook suggested.

" No, Dad! Elevator is faster than our steps " She replied impatiently.

" I will push the button !" Sung-Jae volunteered to push the button of the elevator once we were inside.

Nami tapped her feet in anticipation as she waited for the elevator to reach its destined floor. We were alone in the elevator so it was fine for her to behave this way. The arrow pointed upward as the number changed beside it. 

*cling*

" YAAAAYYYY !!!!" Sung-Jae ran outside in excitement. 

" The store is supposed to be on right." Nami zoomed in on the image that she had clicked at the entrance showing the map as she walked out.

" Sung- Jae! Stop running! " Jungkook stepped out of the elevator to chase Sung-Jae.

I stood there alone in the elevator. The door was wide open and there stood Taehyung right in front of me. He said something that I couldn't hear. My eyes locked on him as he stared back. I didn't blink in disbelief. He stood right in front of me. I could hold him. I could greet him. I could talk to him but I didn't. Overwhelming emotions seems to add up as tears started forming in my eyes. My breath were uneasy as my chest would rise and fall with each breath. My head suddenly feels heavier and memories seems to come back in a blurry vision. 

" Tae-"

" Mia !" Jungkook stepped back inside the elevator. " What's wrong? " He asked to which I shook my head as ' No ' looking away to make my tears disappear.

" Do you know him ?" he whispered in my ear. I looked at Taehyung who waited for my answer. I could see his teary eyes and how he held onto the string to that bag in his hand so strongly. As id trying to stop himself from doing something.

" No," I answered.

"Let's go then. Excuse us !" Jungkook switched places with me as he placed his hand on my waist.

We stepped out of the elevator . I didn't turn around to look back at Taehyung because Jungkook kept me occupied but there was a fear in my heart. If I don't look back then Taehyung would disappear and I might not see him again. It has been thirteen years and I haven't said a proper goodbye to him either and neither to Tiara. I felt emptiness rip open my heart as I remember how I have to leave Tiara back. 

" You went back to the habit of zoning out at random places, Mia." He told me as I tried not to look back and focus on Jungkook. " Pretty much like me! " He laughed at himself as I smiled widely.

" Dad, Catch me !" Sung-Jae shouted from a distance before disappearing away.

" Hey! No running away !" He sprinted but turned around to tell me. " Mia, look after Nami ! I will be back."  I nodded as I saw him chase Sung-Jae. 

I turned around to check if Taehyung was still there and he was still there, looking in my direction. He stood there as if waiting for me. My heart felt a burst of happiness as I found him there. I smiled a little as I took a step but got stopped by Nami.

" Mom, I was looking for you! Come here! I found the souvenirs Mina wanted! Come on !" The Nami started dragging towards the store. 

I looked at Taehyung before heading to the store with my daughter. Nobody knew about us. Not even Jungkook. So we were strangers in front of others. Strangers who never met. 

But who knew ...

That we who were strangers ...

in other's eyes.

once shared the world.

who knew.

that we once fell in love

and fell out of it.

Though, we stayed apart.

but he was still with me in my memories.

 and I didn't want to get rid of them.

Just so these memories could remind me.

that I have loved someone...

more than I have ever loved myself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 164 3
๐‹ove is weakest when there is more doubt & insecurity than trust, but love is strongest when we learn to trust in spite of insecurities. Andthis is...
310K 23.7K 49
โš ๏ธPlease be aware that the following content is the sole part of my imagination and has nothing to do with the mentioned idolโš ๏ธ "I am going to make y...
734K 30.9K 61
Your marriage was failing but you weren't at fault and you weren't blind to the signs of faded love. When you found him cheating, you didn't give a s...
355K 14.1K 45
Your dad married again to a woman with a son. You don't know that in a short period of time living with your step brother, you already had feelings f...