Possession

By jaxsartorius

this is my first book please have mercy on me, i am trying my best here. ------------------------------ "cosa... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 22

7.2K 167 23
By jaxsartorius

"Maddie," I sighed and hugged her.

The tears were freely rolling down my face as I bear hugged Maddie. 

Sniffling, I pulled away, "so, what's up?"

She laughed and pulled me back in for another hug. We wiped our tears off our faces and chuckled. We said our goodbyes to Gavin and went into Maddie's room. Her room hasn't changed much, but what caught my attention was the small, single bed in the corner of the room with a pink and light purple bedspread. My old bed, she kept it.   

"Kelly, I am so excited that you're here, but why? You said something about not being able to talk about it over the phone?"

"Oh, right" I paused, "well, I figured that I got kidnapped. I was in New York with my boyfriend and all I remember is fainting when he asked me about the sticky note. I had John, our computer wiz, look up your address so I could visit you."

"Oh, so you don't remember getting kidnapped?"

"No, not at all. I actually killed one of them and threaten another; and I stole car."

"Ok, well I'm sure my dad could help you get home. But before that, I remember you said boyfriend......"

"Oh yeah, his name is Stephan;" I smiled, "Stephan, OH MY GOD I HAVE TO CALL HIM! I don't know how long I was out for, maybe it's been days or weeks! He's probably going insane."

I quickly pulled out my phone and went to click his contact, but I don't have it anymore and I haven't memorized his phone number. I quickly shot up and opened the door widely. I ran down the familiar hallway and down the same stairs I constantly fell down as a kid. I quickly ran to IT room and knocked. 

"Entrez," a deep voice spoke.

I quickly recognized it as Maddie's dad, I forgot to tell him I was here. I twisted the door knob and entered the room to see Charles in all his glory. 

"Charles," I waved.

"Kelly? Kelly! Oh my god, what are you doing here? No one told me you were coming? Not even the new guards. Oh my god, did the young guy let you in? Jake? He's new here. Oh god, you're probably so disappointed in my new security." He put his head in his hands.

I laughed, "don't worry Charles, it's ok. And Jake didn't let me in, Sammy did."

"That old man is stronger than all of us combined."

I nodded my head in agreement, then quickly got back to the task in hand. 

"I was wondering if one of your guys could do me a favor?"

"Name it."

"Well, long story short I got kidnapped. I used my alias to get out and buy a new phone, then I called Maddie. My phone isn't secure so if you could, I would like you to secure it. I also want to contact my boyfriend, Stephan. I don't know how long it's been since I have been kidnapped, but I woke up today. I killed one guard, his name was Jason, and I threaten another into giving me his gun. I took a white Range Rover, the license plate is 4TG-H67 and it's outside in my spot; I'm not sure what you wanted me too do with it."

"Well, I'm sure I could get Stephan's number for you, and secure your phone in the process. Thank you for the car, I'm sure there are tracking devices to trace. Did they speak French?"

"Yeah, I thought it was odd that they did, but French is not their first languages. Jason sounded Russian almost."

"In that case, we have a problem on out hands. I need you to give me your phone and I'll give it to Steve, our IT guy. They you and I will go to the car and search it for a tracker. Then we can see Jacqueline, sound good?"

"Yup," I handed Charles my phone.

Charles gave my phone to a lanky, tan man who took it and walked away. We walked to the driveway and unlocked the car. I checked inside the doors, and on the seats for any type of tracking device. I also decided to check under the car for extra precaution. 

I pushed my self under the car and inspected everything. I turned my head to the left and I saw a flashing red light. I saw a sight I never want to see, a C4 bomb. 

I quickly pushed my self out from underneath the car and grabbed Charles dress shirt with my fists. I pulled him quickly to the house and quickly started barking orders at the people in the main room of the house. 

"J'ai besoin des techniciens de la bombe dehors maintenant! Les femmes et les enfants vont à l'abri anti-bombes, les hommes passent en dernier. A présent!" (I need the bomb techs outside now! Women and children go to the bomb shelter, men go last. Now!)

Everyone looked at me like I grew two heads. 

Charles spoke up, "maintenant!"

Everyone panicked. Women were looking for their children, while men were screaming and yelling in French.

"Find Gavin, Maddie and Jacqueline, now!" 

I nodded and hugged him and he kissed my cheek. I was never good under pressure, but in certain situations, I know how to handle it. I ran down the halls and up the stairs. I threw open Gavin's door and told him to follow me, and that there was a bomb outside. I opened the next door, which is Maddie's, and told her the same thing. 

I figured Jacqueline was in the library because that's where she always is. The library was in the basement, so it was quite a hall to get there. I asked Gavin to stay with Maddie when I ran down the second set of stairs to the basement. I quickly opened the door to the small, quiet room and yelled out for Jacqueline.

"Jacqueline! Jacqueline, are you in here?"

"Kelly? Kelly oh my god, are you here? How are you? I didn't know you were coming!"

"Hi Jackie, now is not the time, there is a bomb outside we need to go to the shelter."

Jacqueline looked just as shocked as everyone and we ran up the stairs to Maddie and Gavin. I quickly led them to the bomb shelter. I swung open the heavy metal door and pushed Maddie and Kelly in first, then Gavin.

I went to close the door but Gavin caught my wrist, "You can't go, come in here!"

"Sorry, I have an obligation. I took an oath Gav." I looked at him sympathetically. 

He nodded and I slammed the door shut. The house was eerie and oddly quiet. I looked around for Charles and when I spotted his pink dress shirt, I sprinted to him. I grabbed his shoulder and he turned to me. I looked at him with tears in my eyes, and smiled at him. He was about to smile back at me but he looked at someone behind me. 

I turned and saw Jacqueline running towards us. 

"I cannot leave you two out here, not now!"

"Jacqueline go back in the shelter, we are trained for this." I said.

She shook her head but someone else spoke before she could, "ça va souffler!" (it's gonna blow!)

Charles looked me and Jacqueline and everything was in slow-motion. I felt the explosion before I heard it. My first instinct was to jump on top of Jacqueline, so I did. Charles fell to the floor before he could try to protect Jackie, so I did. 

After the explosion was over, I lifted my body up and saw Jacqueline's pained face. I checked her body for injuries and I saw she had a piece of shrapnel in her side. She was bleeding profusely and I had to do something. 

I took off my shirt and ripped up the pieces into medium sized squares. I quickly pulled the metal piece out of her side and pressed the squares to her wound. I applied a lot of pressure but the bleeding wouldn't stay under control. To make things worse, Jackie's pulse was lost, and I had to start chest compressions. 

I did chest compressions for a minute and there still was no pulse. I quickly brought my fist up and slammed it onto Jacqueline's chest. She immediately gasped and started breathing. Her pulse slowly got back under control, and I applied more pressure to her side.

Charles eventually came over after he got on his feet. A doctor came along with him, and took over for me. Charles took off his shirt and gave it to me to cover up, today was the wrong day to wear a revealing bra. I thanked Charles and he thanked me.

"I took an oath, Charles; I will never betray that oath."

"For that I thank you, I will forever be in your debt."

I hugged Charles and he hugged me back. I then went to the side of the house where the bomb shelter is, and opened the door. 

Everyone looked in my direction, "C'est bon, tu peux sortir." (it's ok, you can come out.)

Kelly and Gavin came out first and they both hugged me, then went to search for their mom and dad. I helped everyone else out of the bunker and got them safely back to the house. Thank god, the house was not damaged but most of the pavement on the driveway blew away.

The first thing I did was go to the IT room and get my phone. There was a number on a sticky note attached to my phone so I assume it's Stephan's. I quickly dialed the number and put the phone on my ear.

"Ciao?" Stephan answered angrily.

"Stephy..." I sighed.

"Baby, baby. Oh my god, baby! Where are you? Oh my god are you ok? Where are you ? Are you hurt?"

"Stephan, calm down. I'm ok. I'm actually at Maddie's place."

"Maddie? Like in France?"

"Yeah, I'm going to fly back to New York today. I'll call you and let you know when I'm leaving, ok?"

"Baby, please no. I'll come get you, it's ok."

"No, no. Gavin and Maddie are going to visit and come to our house, if that's ok."

"Yeah that's fine, whatever makes you happy."

"Thank you," I smiled

"Yeah, anything for you amore mia"

We exchanged our goodbyes and hung up. Sighing, I pushed myself off the wall I was leaning on and walked to the Martin family. I tapped Maddie and Gavin and asked them if they wanted to go to New York. Of course they agreed and when Maddie gave Charles her famous puppy dog eyes, he allowed them. 

"Charles, we need to leave today; if it's possible."

"Of course Kelly. Help them pack, yeah?"

I nodded and Gavin led us up to his and Maddie's room. I went with Maddie into her room and helped her pack her suitcase. 

"What day is it?" I asked.

"24 November"

Oh. I've been gone for a week. I WAS OUT FOR A WEEK? What the actual fuck?

I tried to calm myself and focus on helping out Maddie. We packed up quick and I helped her with her toiletries. 

We quickly shut her suitcase and zipped it closed. I grabbed it for her and Gavin took it out of my hand giving me a glare for holding it. He never liked when women carried bags, he thinks it's something a man should do to please the women. Men and their chivalry. 

After about an hour of putting the suit cases in the car, saying goodbyes and actually getting to the airport, it was time to board the jet. Of course, Maddie and Gavin's family is pretty much the richest in the country, so they have a lot of stuff; they just don't really show it off. 

I walked up the stairs after Maddie and Gavin was behind me. Maddie grabbed my hand and ran down the hall of the airplane like a giddy school girl. I laughed at her childishness but say next to her. As soon as I sat down and buckled up, a huge wave of tiredness hit me. I was out like a light.

"So I talked to my dad, he said he's going to buy some clothes in you size and put them in your closet. He's going to make my room a bit bigger and safer, so you will be able to have a normal sized bed when you come over and all the toiletries and clothes you need. No need for suitcases and stuff. This can be your home away from home."

"That's really sweet of you Maddie. Thank you, really." I hugged her.

We pulled back and giggled a bit before getting off the jet. Gavin grabbed his and Maddie's bag while I walked next to him, and then Maddie next to me. We walked through the airport with no problems, so out to the parking lot we went. 

In all his glory, Stephan was leaning against his car, black sunglasses on his face, and a leather jacket covering his muscular arms. I probably look like shit right now. I wasn't able to shower on the jet or at Maddie's. My hair was sticking everywhere and there was dried blood on my face. I had scratches all on my back from debris and shrapnel scraping against me. I am still in Charles pink button down shirt which by now was partially stained with blood on the front and streaks of dried blood on the back; some was mine, some was Charles'. 

"Stephy," I sighed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! This chapter is pretty long but I hope you guys enjoy it! A ton of stuff happened and it took about three days to write haha. Please let me know about any spelling or grammatical errors! Also, if you have any good recommendation s for new books, please let me know! I love to read new books and support my fellow writers! Thank you all for the amazing support; we hit 45k reads! I love you guys so much! 

QOTC: What's your favorite food?

Gotta blast

-jackie  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

507K 13.8K 35
Belle has lost everything to the Mafia. The culprits are lurking to pick her off as well. While life is losing its luster for Belle, Marcello is thri...
1.1M 38.3K 32
**Cover by @AndiApplexoxo** He was nothing like other men that she'd met in her life. He was different. She knew he was. But he was forbidden. She w...
330K 10K 53
Book one of the temptation series AND ISN'T A STANDALONE โฆ๏ธŽ๐ˆ ๐ก๐š๐ญ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ˆ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ˆ ๐ฆ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ˆ ๐ง๐ž๐ž๐ ๐ฒ๐จ๏ฟฝ...
9.3K 164 17
Hey bastard don't you think it's main time you pay your debt, s-sir please give me a little bit time I promise to pay up, I laughed really loud and s...