My Plant Girl || Neville x OC

By jamesmarchswifey

(14+) This is a Neville Longbottom fanfic. In it, he makes a friend called Naomi. There are a lot of things h... More

1. The train
2. New Beginnings
3. Hagrid's Lesson Gone Wrong
4. The Truth About Her Past
5. A Trip To Hogsmeade
6. Intruder
7. Pleasurable
8. The Kiss In The Library
10. The Nightmare
11. Summer
12. Home?
13. Tournament
14. Unforgivable Curses
15. An Eventful Halloween
16. A Trip To The Hospital Wing
17. Running Away
18. Remus' Place
19. After The Party
20. The Second Task
21. Why Him?
22. He's Back?
23. Remus' Friend
24. Dolores Umbitch
25. Dumbledore's Army
26. Banned From Quidditch
27. Draco's Hamster
28. Christmas With Miles
29. Why don't you?
30. Confessions And Impressions
31. The Great Escape
32. Nice one, James!
33. Back Together
Discontinued

9. The Howler

125 4 0
By jamesmarchswifey

- Naomi's POV -

I was sat in the library writing in my diary late afternoon whilst Neville was reading a book on Transfiguration.

𝒟𝑒𝒶𝓇 𝒹𝒾𝒶𝓇𝓎,

𝐼𝓉'𝓈 𝒷𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝒶 𝓌𝒽𝒾𝓁𝑒. 𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒𝓃'𝓉 𝓌𝓇𝒾𝓉𝓉𝑒𝓃 𝒾𝓃 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓈𝒾𝓃𝒸𝑒 𝒟𝑒𝒸𝑒𝓂𝒷𝑒𝓇. 𝒲𝑒𝓁𝓁, 𝐼𝓉'𝓈 𝐹𝑒𝒷𝓇𝓊𝒶𝓇𝓎 𝓃𝑜𝓌. 𝐹𝑒𝒷𝓇𝓊𝒶𝓇𝓎 𝟩𝓉𝒽. 𝑀𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒩𝑒𝓋𝒾𝓁𝓁𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒷𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝑔𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝟥 𝓂𝑜𝓃𝓉𝒽𝓈 𝒸𝑜𝓂𝑒 𝟥 𝒹𝒶𝓎𝓈. 𝒜𝓃𝓎𝓌𝒶𝓎. 𝒲𝒽𝒾𝓁𝓈𝓉 𝐼'𝓋𝑒 𝒷𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝑔𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒹𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝒶 𝓁𝑜𝓉. 𝑀𝓎 𝓁𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓇𝓎 𝓌𝒶𝓈 𝒟𝑒𝒸𝑒𝓂𝒷𝑒𝓇 𝟦𝓉𝒽 𝓈𝑜 𝑜𝒻 𝒸𝑜𝓊𝓇𝓈𝑒, 𝐼𝓉'𝓈 𝒷𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝒞𝒽𝓇𝒾𝓈𝓉𝓂𝒶𝓈 𝓈𝒾𝓃𝒸𝑒. 𝐼 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓎𝑒𝒹 𝒶𝓉 𝐻𝑜𝑔𝓌𝒶𝓇𝓉𝓈 𝓉𝑜 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓎 𝒶𝓌𝒶𝓎 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓂𝓊𝓂. 𝐿𝑜𝓇𝒹 𝓀𝓃𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝓌𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝓈𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝑜𝓊𝓁𝒹 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒹𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝓂𝑒 𝒾𝒻 𝓈𝒽𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓊𝓃𝒹 𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝐼 𝓌𝒶𝓈 𝒹𝒶𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒩𝑒𝓋𝒾𝓁𝓁𝑒. 𝒪𝒽 𝓎𝑒𝓈, 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝒞𝒽𝓇𝒾𝓈𝓉𝓂𝒶𝓈, 𝒩𝑒𝓋𝒾𝓁𝓁𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝓉 𝓂𝑒 𝓂𝓎 𝒻𝒾𝓇𝓈𝓉 𝓅𝓁𝒶𝓃𝓉! 𝐼𝓉'𝓈 𝒷𝑒𝒶𝓊𝓉𝒾𝒻𝓊𝓁. 𝐻𝑒 𝓁𝑒𝓉 𝓂𝑒 𝓅𝒾𝒸𝓀 𝒾𝓉 𝑜𝓊𝓉. 𝒜𝓅𝓅𝒶𝓇𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓁𝓎 𝒾𝓉' 𝒜 𝑀𝒰𝒢𝒢𝐿𝐸 𝒲𝐸𝐸𝒟. 𝐼 𝒹𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝒸𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽 𝒷𝑒𝒸𝒶𝓊𝓈𝑒 𝒾𝓉'𝓈 𝓅𝓇𝑒𝓉𝓉𝓎. 𝐼𝓉'𝓈 𝒸𝒶𝓁𝓁𝑒𝒹 𝒶 𝒹𝒶𝓃𝒹𝑒𝓁𝒾𝑜𝓃. 𝐼 𝒶𝓁𝓈𝑜 𝑔𝑜𝓉 𝒶 𝒷𝑜𝓍 𝑜𝒻 𝒻𝓊𝒹𝑔𝑒 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝑀𝓇𝓈. 𝒲𝑒𝒶𝓈𝓁𝑒𝓎. 𝐹𝓇𝑒𝒹 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒢𝑒𝑜𝓇𝑔𝑒 𝑔𝑜𝓉 𝓂𝑒 𝒶 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝓅𝓇𝑒𝓉𝓉𝓎 𝓃𝑒𝒸𝓀𝓁𝒶𝒸𝑒. 𝐼𝓉 𝒽𝒶𝓈 𝒶 𝓂𝑜𝑜𝓃 𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓇𝓂 𝑜𝓃 𝒾𝓉 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒾𝓉'𝓈 𝓈𝓊𝓅𝓅𝑜𝓈𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝑔𝓁𝑜𝓌 𝓌𝒽𝑒𝓃 𝒾𝓉 𝓅𝓊𝓉 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓂𝑜𝑜𝓃𝓁𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉. 𝑀𝒾𝓁𝑒𝓈 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓎𝑒𝒹 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓂𝑒 𝑜𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝒞𝒽𝓇𝒾𝓈𝓉𝓂𝒶𝓈 𝒶𝓈 𝓌𝑒𝓁𝓁 𝒷𝑒𝒸𝒶𝓊𝓈𝑒 𝒽𝑒 𝒹𝒾𝒹𝓃'𝓉 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝓂𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝒶𝓁𝑜𝓃𝑒. 𝐼'𝓂 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝐻𝑜𝑔𝓌𝒶𝓇𝓉𝓈.

𝒴𝑜𝓊𝓇𝓈, 𝒩𝒶𝑜𝓂𝒾 𝓍𝓍

That should do. Wow, I can't believe it's almost been 3 whole Months.

"hey, Nev?"

"yes?"

"did you know we've been dating for-"

"Almost 3 months? yeah"

"I can't believe it's been that long. It's gone so fast"

"It has hasn't it."

"hey, I'm getting tired. The library's going to shut in 15 minutes, are you coming or staying?"

"I'll come"

"okay then."

I closed my diary and put it in my bag a he puts the Transfiguration book in his bag. He then held his hand out to me. I took it and yawned as I wrested my head on his arm. He smiled down at me. When we had got to the common room he asked me a question that I wasn't expecting.

"Your dorm or mine?"

"to sleep?"

"Well, yeah"

"yours then"

You see, I've been having a lot of nightmares lately and I know Neville knows about them. He lifted me up to his dorm as I wrapped my arms around his neck. He smiles at me and carefully lays me down in his bed.

"Thank you Neville"

"my pleasure."

He then got into bed as well and I nuzzle into his chest. I yawn and he pulled the blanket over us. Just as I started falling asleep, he lifted his arm over me and started playing with my hair. He didn't realise it but he kept saying words to himself like: beautiful and so pretty, gorgeous. This made me giggle softly.

"what?......"

"nothing, you're just- never mind" 

I then went silent and closed my eyes, falling asleep to the sound of his heartbeat. 

------------------------

-Neville's POV- 

I love her so much, her perfect eyes, her freckles and that pretty smile. I want her to be mine forever. I never want this to end. I love the way she nuzzles into my chest whenever I hug her, the way the mouths the words when she reads in her head, how interested she is in all of the plants I talk about. I know she's been having a lot of nightmares lately too. It broke me when I said that awful thing to her those few months ago. It hurt me when she looked at me as though I was the worst person in the world. But if I didn't tell her, Draco would have told the whole school about mum and dad. I just don't want all of the attention. I don't want people to think their son let them down. I mean, I'm useless. The only thing I'm good at is Herbology.

 I fell asleep about 2 hours after she did and woke up with a stabbing pain in my stomach the next morning. I got out of bed and got dressed, careful not to wake her. I think she slept well because she is smiling in her sleep. Just as I was about to leave for breakfast the stabbing got worse so I had to lay down. I was just about to wake Naomi up but she opened her eyes slowly. I held her hand and shut my eyes wanting the pain to just go away. She looked at me with a concerned look when I squeezed her hand.

"Are you okay?"

"No, I have a really bad stabbing pain."

"where?"

"in my stomach."

"Neville, it's because you haven't eaten in ages. If we go down to the great hall and get something to eat then you might feel better. How does that sound?"

I nodded and got up. She hadn't gotten dressed the day before so she was already in her uniform. We walked to the great hall and sat down by Fred, George and Miles. The pain had only gotten worse since the dorm so I slowly ate a pear. Naomi was holding my hand and when she saw me eating she smiled brightly and squeezed my hand. To my surprize I didn't feel sick from eating this time. No, I felt like I could eat more. I picked up a bit of toast and ate it. I then ate a bowl of cereal. Then an apple. Naomi was looking at me as though I had just found a cure for dragon pox. She kissed me on the cheek which earned a sort of smirk from Fred and George. The pain in my stomach had gone and I felt fine now. That was until........... the mail came.

--------------------------

-Naomi's POV-

Just as I was about to tell Neville something, the mail came. I got a package off my dad and Neville got- oh no! A howler. I had one of those from my mum in my old school. Neville just looked at it for a few seconds before he found who it was from and read that it was from his grandma. Ron then saw and advised that he opened it away from the students in the great hall. He ran out holding it until it got too hot to hold and he opened it. The howler was saying things like "DISGRACE TO THE FAMILY" and "YOU PUT SHAME ON THE LONGBOTTOMS" which made the whole great hall go silent. I heard it get quieter and quieter which told me that he had ran even further away until we couldn't hear it anymore. Then after 5 seconds of awkward silence, the hall burst into laughter. I however, didn't find this funny. I got up with my bag, and after 2 or 3 minutes of searching, I found him sitting in the corner of a corridor with his knees held up to his chest as he cried into them. 

"N- Neville? hey, it's alright."

"She's right though. I am a disgrace to the family"

I didn't know what to do so I hugged him tightly.

"I love you, Neville"

"Naomi......... that's the first time you've said that"

"So it is."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

270 12 1
When Lily realised she was falling for James Potter; and not as a friend. ----- ❝James's undying faith was something to die for, was what they were...
4.7K 256 40
Philophobia [ feel-o-phobia ] (n.) Fear of emotional attachment; fear of being in, or falling in love. LONG fic charting Astraea Maxwell's - who at...
60.8K 1.5K 18
(Neville Longbottom Fanfic) Abigail Dright, known as Abby, certainly has a hard life being the only child of the notorious death eater Kint Dright. A...
189 47 20
titles with ** next to them are nsfw i don't own any rights to any of the characters or settings in this story... idk i'm just bored and bein silly...