I'll Show That Alpha

Von randomthoughts109

Finding your mate is suppose to be one of the happiest moments of your life. Not for Hazel. After finding out... Mehr

I'll Show That Alpha
I'll Show That Alpha~~Chapter 2
I'll Show That Alpha~~Chapter 3
I'll Show That Alpha~~Chapter 4
I'll Show That Alpha~~Chapter 5
I'll Show That Alpha~~Chapter 6
I'll Show That Alpha~~Chapter 7
I'll Show That Alpha~~Chapter 8
I'll Show That Alpha~~Chapter 9
I'll Show That Alpha~~Chapter 10
I'll Show That Alpha~~Chapter 11
I'll Show That Alpha~~Chapter 12
I'll Show That Alpha~~Chapter 13
I'll Show That Alpha~~Chapter 14
I'll Show That Alpha~~Chapter 15
I'll Show That Alpha~~Chapter 16
I'll Show That Alpha~~Chapter 17
I'll Show That Alpha~~Chapter 18
I'll Show That Alpha~~Chapter 19
I'll Show That Alpha~~Chapter 20
I'll Show That Alpha~~Chapter 22
I'll Show That Alpha~~Chapter 23
I'll Show That Alpha~~Chapter 24
I'll Show That Alpha~~Chapter 25
I'll Show That Alpha~~Chapter 26
I'll Show That Alpha~~Chapter 27
I'll Show That Alpha~~Story Summary Thus Far
I'll Show That Alpha~~Chapter 27
2023 I'll Show That Alpha - Update

I'll Show That Alpha~~Chapter 21

9.4K 265 27
Von randomthoughts109

Hey guys! I'll Show That Alpha has over 10,000 reads! I can't believe it! I just wanna say thanks!

What do you guys think about Archer and Knox? Who do you wanna see Hazel end up with?

I'm curious, so answer in the comment!

Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 21

I felt extremely happy with my conversation with my dad. We always had a special connection; I always thought that I was just a little bit closer to my dad then my mom.

I sighed. My mom.

I was currently driving down the long rode to the house that I grew up in.

Meeting with my mom and her mate was going to be awkward. I just knew it.

Hopefully I'll be able to make a quick getaway before getting too deep into conversation.

I drove down the familiar rocky driveway, my old house coming into view.

It was extravagant by any means, which I liked. It was cozy. It was a two story house made with brick. Seeing it made me feel like I was home again.

I guess you can't shake that feeling when it is the house you grew up in.

I parked in the driveway and stayed still and sighed really loud.

I really really didn't want to do this. Maybe I should just leave and do this another time, yeah I think I will. I don't think she would want to see me anyway.

I put my hand on the gear and just as I was about to put it in reverse, I heard the familiar sound of the old creaky front door open.

I looked up to see a man with curly short blonde hair, he looked too be about 50. I guess I couldn't exactly just pull away now, could I?

He was eyeing the car as I stepped out.

"Hello, my name is Hazel." I said walking towards the man. My hand held out once I got close to him.

"Hazel? As in Hazel Montgomery?" He asked, shaking my hand.

"Yep that's me. And may I ask your name?" I put on a fake smile while talking to him.

"Joshua Barnes. Your mothers mate." He smiled back. "It is so great too meet you!" He pulled me into a hug.

I hugged him back, than quickly pulled away.

"That sure is a nice car that you got there." He said looking at Knox's car.

"Oh it sure is. But sadly, it is not mine." I said, pouting.

"Really? Then who's is it?" He asked looking back at me.

"Your Alpha's." I replied.

"Knox's? No way, he never lets anyone drive his cars. Especially not since the little accident." He said smiling. I knew he was referring to Landon.

"Well I am here to help the Light Moon pack, so he might just want to keep me happy." I laughed.

"Oh, well good to know. Maybe if you ask, he'll let me take one of his cars for a spin." He laughed. "I'm sure you want to see your mother now, huh?" He asked.

"I would." I replied, walking toward the front door.

"She is going to be so excited to see you." Joshua whispered as he opened the front door.

"I'm excited to see her." I replied.

The front room was a little room that had the stairs on the right corner then a hallway and doors.

Everything looked different. The colors of the walls were all different, the floors were different, everything was just different. And that angered me. I don't know why exactly but it wasn't a pleasant feeling.

Joshua guided me toward the living room and I spotted my mother sitting in a plush chair in the corner of the room. She was reading a book.

"Back already dear." She said with her eyes glued to the book. She hadn't seen me yet.

"Actually, someone was outside for you." Joshua said.

She looked up and in a flash, tears were in her eyes.

"Hi mom." I walked over and immediately gave her a huge hug.

"I can't believe it." She said crying fully now.

"I missed you so much mom." I said starting to tear up a little bit.

This meet up wasn't as horrible as I thought it would be. I was an idiot to think that it would be awkward.

I pulled away from my mom to see her struggling to speak due to the level of her crying.

I laughed a little, as a single tear fell from my eye.

She finally contained herself after a moment.

"I missed you so much Hazel. Oh my god, I love you." She said wiping away a tear.

I took a seat on the couch that sat directly across from her chair and crossed my legs.

"Well catch me up! I haven't seen you in two years! I didn't think it was possible, but you got even more stunning." My mom said smiling at me.

"Um, I don't know where to start." I chuckled. "Well I have a wonderful boyfriend, Archer, and we've been together for a year." I smiled at the thought of Archer.

"Archer? He sounds cute. Tell me more about him. Is he your mate?" My mom slyly smiled at me.

Joshua realized that we were going to talk about boys so he kissed my mom's forehead and left the room.

My mom and I both laughed at that.

"No we aren't mates, he hasn't found his. And I'm lucky he hasn't because Archer is the sweetest guy ever. I know that he would do anything for me. We met each other when I joined the Farkas pack but we didn't start dated until a year later." I smiled at the memory of our first date.

"I'm so glad that you found such a great guy Hazel. But I can't help but think about what will happen when one of you finds your own mate." My mom's face scrunched up in concern.

One of the things that annoyed me about my mom was that she didn't know when to keep her mouth shut. She didn't need to say anything about mates, but of course she had too.

"Mom, I don't want to talk about that now." I stated firmly. I was trying the best I could to let it roll off my back.

I didn't like thinking about what would happen if Archer found his mate. So usually if it came to my mind then I would try the best I could to push it to the back of my thoughts. But I did know that I would nicely let him go and, I hoped, still remain friends with him. I just didn't like thinking what would happen to me.

"OK OK. Tell me more about your life these past two years." My mom asked.

"At the Farkas pack I met a ton of great friends. I hate to say this too you but, I feel at home with the pack there. They are all so friendly and not at all superficial. It feels like a pack should be." I smiled at her.

"I do wish that you were still part of the Light Moon pack but I know that you had problems here. So I am so happy that you found a park that fits you." She smiled knowingly at me.

"Oh, I am also the top ranked protector of the pack." Pride evident in my tone.

"No way!  That is wonderful Hazel!" My mom prided me. "How is that?" She asked curiously.

"At the beginning, horrible. Training was so painful for my out of shape body." I laughed. "But I wanted to become a protector for the Farkas because they so nicely welcomed me into their pack. So I continued, and training became easier and easier. It is still every day for most the day, but I love it." I said happily.

"I am so proud of you Hazel. You have become such a wonderful woman. I am lucky to be your mother." She said. "I am sad though that I wasn't able to watch you grow." A frown forming on her face.

"I'm sorry for that mom. Did you receive the pictures I sent?" I asked

"Yeah, it's just not the same." She frowned.

"I should have visited more, but I was scared." I said

"Why? Why would you be so scared of friends and family?" She questioned.

Little did she know that it wasn't about them, it was about Knox. I didn't tell any of my family members about us being mates, but at this moment I felt like I needed to tell my mom.

"Mom, it wasn't you guys. It was Knox." I stated, butterflies forming in my stomach.

"You wouldn't come back because of Knox? Was it because he was going to be Alpha?" She asked.

"No mom. I am going to tell you something that no one in this pack knows about, so you can't tell anyone." I said as I watched her facial expression go to one of suspicion.

"Ok...?" She said with an eyebrow arched.

"Knox and I are mates." I mumbled. This was the first time that I had said it out loud.

"Mates?" My mom said speechless

"Yep, he rejected me the same day that you and dad told me of the divorce. So I left. I didn't want to come back because of him." I said, my voice wavering a bit.

"That asshole! I knew that he was bad news! He has been a good enough Alpha, but he is still an idiot!" She said with anger.

"Mom, calm down. The separation has been going on for two years, and I think it is about to be over." I said trying to reassure her.

"Hazel! If the separation is about to end, then you can't be by him! Like, at all. It will stop the separation if you are by each other for too long!" My mom said. This put me in a panic.

"Why do you mean?" I asked

"Well, if it is a rejected mate then there is a certain amount of time that the separation has to go on, and once it is about to end it is crucial that you are nowhere near your mate or else it relapses." She said

"I don't think that it has relapsed yet, so I will just stay away from him. Everything is fine." I tried to reassure myself. But I don't think anything has relapsed yet so I think I am fine.

"OK hun. Just be careful Ok?" She told me.

"Ok mom, I promise I will." I chuckled. "So, how is your life?" I asked changing the subject.

"It has been great. I know you might not like to hear this but, I am so thankful that I found Josh. Having a mate is completely different from being in love with someone." She said and immediately put her hands over her mouth.

"I'm so sorry. I wasn't referring to you; I was talking about your dad and me." She said sheepishly.

"It's fine mom, continue." I said, chuckling a bit. This was my mom alright.

"Anyway, it has just been great. And I have a little surprise for you." She said, her eyes sparkling.

She stood up and started to pull up her big baggy sweatshirt.

"Mom? What are you doing?" I asked laughing a bit.

That when I looked at her stomach.

She was pregnant.

"Mom, you're pregnant!" I said excited.

"8 months! You are going to have a little baby brother." She said with joy.

"A brother? That's amazing mom." I smiled.

Joshua walked in at this moment with a big smile on his face.

"I see that she showed you?" He asked walking over.

"Yup, I am so happy for you two!" I said smiling back. "Do you know when you're due?" I asked

"Yea sometime next month." My mom joked.

I just laughed and looked at the clock. 1:30.

"Gosh, I have to go!" I said surprised at how much I wanted to stay.

"Alright sweetie, call me if you can. We are actually coming to the pack house tomorrow, so we'll see you then." My mom said, she gave me a hug.

"Ok, see you then." I waved goodbye to both of them. I walked to the front door, leaving them in the living room.

"Nice to meet you Joshua!" I yelled through the house.

I heard them laugh then he replied. "Nice to meet you too Hazel!"

I chuckled and walked toward the car.

I started up the Beauty and pulled away from the house.

Seeing my mom and Joshua was actually really fun. I had forgotten how my mom was and knowing that she was pregnant was so exciting.

I had always wanted a sibling, even if I was going to be 18 years older than him.

I drove toward the pack house with a huge grin on my face.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

3.3K 226 36
A werewolf marks another wolf's mate driving their pack, The Black Wolf, into a war with the girl's pack, Red Shadow. The solution was for a marriage...
35.7K 413 13
Used to be I want my brother's beta.. good thing hes too busy with his mate to notice (redone a little bit check it out) Katie is an alpha's daughter...
1.3M 42.4K 41
"It was my fault." I stated looking down at my slowly growing clammy hands. He would never forgive me after I told him this. My deepest darkest secre...
117K 7.1K 52
Book 2 in the Rootbridge Pack series. You DON'T need to have read book 1 in order to enjoy this. You'll find a plot summary for An Alpha's Alpha (Boo...