Lotus (Legends Of Tomorrow...

By Providentia-

Now that the Time Masters are destroyed, it's up to Kate Rory and the Legends to guard the timeline. But new... More

Cast
1. We are the Legends
2. Einstein
3. Back To The Future
4. The JSA
5. Steel boy
6. Japan
8. 1987
9. Damien Darhk
7. Zombies
10. The Old West
11. Quentin Turnbull
12. Team-building
13. A dream world
14. Ghosts of the past
15. Al Capone
16. Kidnapped
17. Grim Freakin' Reaper
18. George Lucas
20. George Washington
21. Christmas
22. The light
23. NASA and Secrets
24. Neil Armstrong who?
25. Stuck in Space
26. The Spear of Destiny
27. Helping ourselves
28. The Legion of Doom
...

19. The Call

1.2K 18 7
By Providentia-

This chapter's supposed to come between the one named 'George Lucas' and the one named 'George Washington'.

I wonder if anyone else is having the same problem actually. This switching chapters for no reason is getting really annoying.

Hope you enjoy it though.

---

"You're all idiots." My brother grunts. He's sitting on the step in front of Sara's office. "Except for my sister."

We're all gathered around the console, trying to come up with a plan, but not making much progress.

And Amaya is offended of course. "Excuse me?"

Kid too. "Pot, meet kettle..."

"Yeah, Mick. Given your glass house, you shouldn't throw stones." Haircut says.

Egghead thankfully stops whatever this is. "Mixing metaphors isn't going to stop anything."

"How about instead of bickering, we figure out our next move against the speedster and his allies?" Sara suggests.

"'Legion of Doom' has a sexier ring to it." Nate says.

"I'm not calling them that." She replies.

I decide to speak up next. "Speaking of terrible names... Legends? Who came up with that?"

Haircut answers me. "I think it was Rip. Indirecly..."

"Speaking off, we need to figure out a way to rescue him." Sara says.

"All you gotta do is trade the amulet or the medallion for the Englishman. It's really simple." Chucky grunts.

"The only thing is, I don't know how it works." Nate tells us.

"You're an idiot." My brother concludes.

I make a conclusion for myself. "This isn't going anywhere. I'll be in my room."

I go to my room and eat some licorice in quietness. But Gideon soon interrupts the quietness. "Ms. Rory I have received a new message for you."

"From who?" I ask.

"The message came again from Iron Heights women penitentiary." She replies.

I sit up straighter in bed. I'm hoping it's my sister, but I doubt it. It's probably that weird creepy lady again. "Play it."

"Kate, I need your help. I want you to come to my cell as fast as you can. I'll explain everything once you're here."

That was my sister... That actually was my sister. It's been so long since I heard Chinese. It has this feeling of coming home, but also this feeling of being taken away from home. It's complicated, and it'll get a lot more complicated once I'm helping her. I doubt it'll be anything legal she needs from me.

"Gideon, don't tell anyone about that message."

I pack a bag with anything I may need to break into prison. It's definetly not the first time. "Ms. Rory, may I ask what you're planning?" Gideon asks.

"I'm taking the jumpship to break into prison."

"If you are going to Iron Heights, I should probably let you know that we are currently in Central City 2017."

I smile. "Perfect."

I put on a coat and make my way out of here. In the hall, I am met by Sara. "Where are you going?" She asks.

"I'm meeting someone." I reply. "Could you leave the jumpship here when you leave?"

Although technically I'm not lying, I do feel terrible about leaving her in the dark. But like I assured her, I won't choose Chien over the team.

"Sure honey."

I smile and give her a quick kiss. "Love you."

She smiles right back. "Love you."

Then, without looking behind, I go to my sister.

---

I'm wandering through the halls of the prison. I'm invisible, but the door I need to get through is locked. Luckily, I see an airvent to my right. I smirk, open it, and climb through.

I barely fit in here, but I'm managing. I take the first turn left. It takes me a while to find a way into the right hall, but I succeed eventually. Then I run to the end, to find my sister's cell.

"Chien." I whisper.

She immedietly shoots up. "Kate? Is that you?" She asks, running to the bars that seperate us.

I take her hand. "Yes, I'm here."

We always have our conversations in jail in Chinese. It's just easier that way. But even if we didn't, the other women in this hall are busy doing all kinds of stuff, so they don't even hear us.

"What do you need?" I ask her.

"Me and some friends have a plan to escape and earn a lot of money in the process. We just need your help." She explains.

I honestly don't want to do it. I was really enjoying my slightly 'good girl' life. But if I think about it better, I'm not betraying the team in any way. I'm just helping my sister out. I've always been there for her and she's always been there for me. Plus, money...

"How much money are we talking about?" I ask.

She smirks. "We don't know exacly how much it is, but whatever it is, 25% is yours. There will be four of us."

I'm not really doing it for the money, but it's nice to make something either way. "I'm in."

"Good, the guards will be picking us up for lunch any second. Just follow me and join us at the table." She says.

I nod, but then realise she can't see me. So instead I tell her: "I will."

Right after I say that, guards enter the hall. They do their usual 'all prisoners against the wall' thingy, while I stand in the corner and eat my remaining licorice.

When they open the door and go to the prison cafeteria or whatever it's called, I follow. I wait at the side for a while, eyeing my sister's every move. She first gets herself some food, and then sits down at a table with two other women. A black lady and a redhead.

I do as she told me to and join her, still invisible. "Is she here?" The black lady asks.

"I think so." Chien replies.

"I'm here." I say.

"And she's going to help?" The lady asks.

"Guess so." I respond.

"So charming." The redhead sarcastically comments.

I recognise the voice. "You're the one who send me the 'roses are red, your sister will need you message."

She smirks. "And smart."

"Did you tell her the plan?" The black lady asks Chien.

"Not yet." She replies.

I interrupt them. "Yeah, and before you do, who are you?"

"I'm cupid, stupid." The redhead says.

The other woman introduces herself too, in a less crazy way. "Liza Warner."

She turns her head towards the redhead. "And that's Carrie Cutter. You can ignore her if she annoys you."

I make a mental reminder of that. "All right, so what's the plan?"

Warner looks around, as if to make sure no one is listening. Then she tells me. "Next week, we will be moved to a maximum security facility. You are going to stop the van, so we can escape. We will free the other women in there too, so we'll have an army at our disposal."

It suprises me how much I missed this. I really love Sara and I really like flying through time and fixing the past, but I also love the thrill of this. The thrill of being the villain. "Then what?"

"Then the real fun starts." Cutter says, biting overly seductive in the terrible food she's eating.

Chien explains it a little bit better. "We heard that after Tobias Church died, he left some money behind. A lot."

"Who's Tobias Church?" I ask them.

"Doesn't matter." Warner replies. "All that matters is the price."

"So do you have an idea where it is?" I ask.

"That's what we're gonna find out, but first we need to get out of here." Warner says.

"Give me a place, date and time and I'll be there." I tell them.

Cutter takes another seductive bite from her food. "I like her."

"February 22th. The bus will ride past the crossing of the river and the railroad. We'll let you know when exactly." Warner says.

I nod, even though they can't see it. "Okay. Just one more thing, the army is a bad idea."

They all look confused. "What do you mean?" Warner asks.

I explain: "It's too risky. I mean it's already risky of you to bring me into this, let alone a collection of criminals that you don't even know. What if they don't follow you? Some of them could actually be 'good' people... you think they won't rat you out? Just free the prisoners, take the van, and we'll do it ourselves."

Cutter is still amused, while Warner sighs and seems to be thinking this through. Chien already did. "She's right. Zhishan always thought us to be efficient. That means doing the job yourself."

Cutter does some sort of pouty thing with her lips. "Ourself? I wouldn't want to get these pretty nails dirty." She shows her nails, but they're not pretty at all. I'm assuming that's because they don't have nailpolish in jail.

"Can't believe I'm taking advise from someone I can't even see." Warner mumbles.

"What are you talking about? Everyone takes advice from the spirits." I joke.

She rolls her eyes. "Can we count on you?"

"Of course." I decide to trigger Chien a little. "Anything for a friend."

She narrows her eyes and throws a punch at where she thinks I am. She wasn't wrong, but I do dodge her punch. "I hate you."

"No you don't." I whisper in her ear, quickly ducking to avoid the next punch.

Then, before Chien can actually hit me or the other people in here can wonder why she's punching the air, I get out.

---

I'm glad Sara taught me how to fly the dropship. Otherwise I'd be totally screwed. I park the dropship and make my way to the bridge. I'm not going to tell anyone about my plans, because then they'd be trying to stop me. Of course, I'll tell them everything afterwards and deal with consequences.

I'm also not stopping the prisonvan until next week. I could timejump into the future and get it over with, but timejumping into my own timeline will just make things complicated. And I don't need complicated right now.

I join Sara and the others in her office. Sara immedietly notices me. "Kate, you're back." She pats the seat next to her on the couch, which I gladly take.

I'm about to ask what we're doing, when Nate stands up. "Guys, I think I just figured it out. Why a seemingly invisible speedster would need to take on partners."

"By all means Dr. Heywood, please enlighten us." Egghead says.

He does so. "Okay, what if Thawne isn't just chasing us?"

"Thawne?" I ask.

"Yeah, that's his name. Eobard Thawne." He tells me. "So what if he's running from something?"

"But running from what?" Amaya asks.

"Time." He replies.

"Time takes time to harden." Sara realises.

"And if Thawne ceased to exist the moment his great-great- whatever killed himself, then, maybe, he has to keep moving in order for his own non-existance not to catch up with him." He explains.

See, this is why I miss my old life. It was just taking the money or killing the target, that's all. Here there are all sorts of threaths and it just keeps getting more confusing.

Amaya agrees with me. "That doesn't even begin to make any kind of sense."

"I don't know, it could work." Sara says. "Professor, what do you think?"

"Per the scientific method, there's only one way to prove it." Egghead replies. "You'd have to trap Thawne in one place and then see what happens."

I sit up a little straighter. "Great, so we just have to find the Legion, take out Darhk and Merlyn, trap Thawne, be able to contain him, and then hope and prey that what you're saying is true. Easy."

Sara sighs. "Easy."

---

I'm working my frustrations out on a dummy, when Sara walks into the gym. "Hey, I was looking for you."

I look over my shoulder and give her a small smile.

She comes closer. "Is everything okay with you? You seem a little off."

The question basically crashes my mind. One part of my brain wants to tell her eveything, the other part knows that if I do then she'll try to stop me and I'll let Chien down.

Lying is the only way to make sure nobody gets hurt, except for me maybe when Sara gets mad at me.

"I'm good." I say.

She's still a little hesitant, but quickly brushes it off. "Well in that case, I think you could use a shower. Care to join me?"

I smirk, take her hand and let her lead me to the bathroom.

---

A/N: Confused yet?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 234 25
My name is Sara Lance. After spending years working to protect the timeline, I find myself back at the beginning of my story in a new reality with a...
1.3K 26 14
Jasmine has a secret-one that's caused various government agencies to come after her since the age of 12. With each passing day, they're closer and c...
7.6K 215 30
Invisible. That's all Elle Anders was. Until Time Master Rip Hunter recruited her and eight others for the journey of a lifetime. oc x oc Seasons 1 ⇨...
3.1K 67 29
𝒐𝒐𝒐 | 𝐂𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐀𝐒𝐈𝐀𝐍 ( Captain Canary ) ( Sara Lance x Leonard Snart) ( published - March 10th 2021 ) ( complete...